PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think Shanahan will last with Snyder?

baja
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Poll

Hogan11
02-12-2010, 01:10 PM
3 seasons max

Garcia Bronco
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
3 seasons total. I think the NFC East is going to eat him alive. They don't play finesse ball out there like they do out here.

watermock
02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Longer than McD.

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Shanahan is not a guy to build a team from the ground up. he needs to have a foundation in place and then incorporate his own players into that team.

tsiguy96
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
this one is so hard to say. the first thing shanahan did was take washingtons good (not just yardage, ppg good) defense and change it to a 4-3, which doesnt make sense. but thats what he studied all offseason so...?

it really depends on if hes learned football is a team sport, trying to plug holes on defense while building an offense doesnt work.

worm
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
the first thing shanahan did was take washingtons good (not just yardage, ppg good) defense and change it to a 4-3, which doesnt make sense.

1) Fail. It has been a 4-3.

2) Fail. Moving to a 3-4 wasn't the first thing Shanny did...in fact, it hasn't been determined what scheme they will run.

3) Fail.

Mogulseeker
02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Shanny slowly builds a contender but never quite gets there, gone after 3 seasons

DrFate
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Firstly - when did this become a Redskins board?

Secondly - Snyder hires a Super Bowl winning GM and then hires a two-time Super Bowl winning head coach. You question this recipe, but worship at the altar of Bowlen and his Boy Blunder?

I wonder if half this board even watches the NFL...

baja
02-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Secondly - Snyder hires a Super Bowl winning GM and then hires a two-time Super Bowl winning head coach. You question this recipe, but worship at the altar of Bowlen and his Boy Blunder?

Would you like a link to a skins board?

Pony Boy
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I say he coaches there for ten years and then hands off to Shanahan Jr. who then hires Sims as his OC and all three get tattoos.......

Broncomutt
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Snyder hired a 3 time Super Bowl winning coach. How'd that turn out?

elsid13
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Snyder hired a 3 time Super Bowl winning coach. How'd that turn out?

Who only took the job, so his sons could get the opportunity to coach in the pros and had been away from NFL for over 10 years, in which he paid no attention to how the game had evolved.

I think that people underestimate how good Shanahan is. He spent the last year refocusing and figure out what he needs to do, to be successful. He add a darn good coaching staff and has owner that willing to spend money. He going to far more successful in DC, then most people on this board want to believe.

jhns
02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
After a couple years of building/developement, Shanahan and Cutler will battle it out in the following 10 NFCCG's. They will claim 8 SBs between them in that time.

Pony Boy
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Will Campbell be able to handle "the stare"

kamakazi_kal
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM
If he sticks with Cambell he's in trouble that dude sux

Archer81
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
After a couple years of building/developement, Shanahan and Cutler will battle it out in the following 10 NFCCG's. They will claim 8 SBs between them in that time.

It also begins to rain gumdrops and someone invents trees that grows money. Also, aliens come to earth and give us technology solving world hunger, abundant, clean energy and increase the human lifespan 100x.

:Broncos:

Mogulseeker
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Will Campbell be able to handle "the stare"

Damn he's got a big head.

jhat01
02-12-2010, 03:09 PM
If he can get his hands on a good qb, he'll get in the playoffs in a year or two. I like Haslett but I can't figure why Shanny is taking a good 43 defense and turning it around. I think he'll be their coach for several years, well at least 5 before he hands it off to his kid.

Kaylore
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
If he sticks with Cambell he's in trouble that dude sux

Campbell buys Shanahan another year. He'll stay with him for one year, see what he can do with him. If it doesn't work, rather when it doesn't work out he'll axe him and Shanahan will get this season as a throw-away season. After that, who knows. If Mike keeps Slowik on the DB's then he'll be fine. If he allows Slowik to undermine his defensive coordinator and then eventually force him out like he did Coyer, then Slowik will drag Shanny down and right out of the hall of fame.

I personally think he's learned his lesson on defense and he finally has a d-line that doesn't suck. His biggest weakness is no longer a problem so he just coach and win and he'll do fine.

Durango
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
He will win a SB in Washington sooner than later.

listopencil
02-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd say more like 5 years before he might be on the hot seat. I do see his team as eventually becoming scrappy and contentious, wouldn't surprise me to see them win their division within the next three years.

ScottXray
02-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I think he'll get 4 years, not five. If he isn't in contention for
the bowl by then (meaning division winner in the playoffs) then Snyder
will lose patience, as he has before.

ColoradoDarin
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
He'll turn them into a playoff team, but won't make the Superbowl. 6 seasons not 3.

tsiguy96
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
1) Fail. It has been a 4-3.

2) Fail. Moving to a 3-4 wasn't the first thing Shanny did...in fact, it hasn't been determined what scheme they will run.

3) Fail.

i meant to say 3-4, woops. either way, he changed what was a really good 4-3 to a 3-4, why? and yes he did change to a 3-4.

The Moops
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Probably there 3 years tops . . . no one can stand working for Snyder. Not a genius offensive coordinator, not a disciplinarian, not a college hot-shot coach, not a HOF coach . . . . and not Shanahan.

elsid13
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
i meant to say 3-4, woops. either way, he changed what was a really good 4-3 to a 3-4, why? and yes he did change to a 3-4.

No he hasn't. They are still consider what scheme to run.

From Washington Post of 25 Jan 2010

"Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett recently said he is considering changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. "

Plus if read on in the piece, you would know that Washington did a lot of hybrid fronts last season.

"During a conference call with reporters Monday to discuss his first Pro Bowl selection, Fletcher said the Redskins have the talent to succeed in any scheme. "I think we do," he said. "There's a lot of teams that play 34 defenses. And really, some of the things we did last year were of a 3-4 defensive concept even though we didn't necessarily call it a 34.

"Our main defense was basically an under front that was similar, really, to what Dallas did ... the way we aligned our front. The only difference was instead having a stand-up outside linebacker, Andre Carter just had his hand on the ground. You can imagine him standing up, we're pretty much Dallas."

Fletcher is on his vacation and has not spoken with Coach Mike Shanahan or Haslett, but said he would be fine with any scheme.

"I can play in whatever defense," he said. "I feel comfortable in a 4-3, obviously. I feel comfortable in a 3-4. Whatever they feel like they want to do."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/fletcher-says-hes-game-if-reds.html

In fact one of the reasons Haynesworth was bitter last season, was the Skins had him playing the role NT in some sets and not letting him just rush the QB.

watermock
02-12-2010, 06:12 PM
BTW Baja, you forgot the option G.

Longer than Beavis.

baja
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know any "Beavis"

watermock
02-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Why don't you have the balls to post the real poll.

Which coach will last the longest?

Know why?

I'll tell you why.

Your polls are like MSNBC.

watermock
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I don't know any "Beavis"

Ignorance is bliss.

baja
02-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Why don't you have the balls to post the real poll.

Which coach will last the longest?

Know why?

I'll tell you why.

Your polls are like MSNBC.

Mock you are killing me here. You are the most unintentionally funny character I know.

rastaman
02-13-2010, 07:25 AM
I say he coaches there for ten years and then hands off to Shanahan Jr. who then hires Sims as his OC and all three get tattoos.......

You forgot to add that 10 years from now Shanny returns to Denver as the HC, and becomes the 3rd HC in Denver since Bowlen originally fired him.

Meanwhile, 6 years from now McD leads the NE Patriots to the SB as they're HC.

GO FIGURE!