PDA

View Full Version : The Bengals are "Jones-ing"...

HorseHead
02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Wow, they just signed Matt (Jones, Jags), and are looking into signing Pac Man..(true)..who's next? Marion Barry?

SouthStndJunkie
02-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Partly cloudy with a chance of snow and (making it) rain.

Los Broncos
02-12-2010, 12:55 PM
And I heard they were looking at signing TO, now that would be awesome.

Hogan11
02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
And I heard they were looking at signing TO, now that would be awesome.

The Bengals are the new Raiders. They'll sign every dirtbag and fool they can get, just like Oakland did in the 70's & 80's. Contemptable.

Pony Boy
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
If Matt Jones has cleaned up his act after being off for a year and that's a big if...... then it's a bargain, he is an excellent receiver in the red zone ......if it doesn't work out they have lost nothing.

2KBack
02-12-2010, 01:18 PM
If Matt Jones has cleaned up his act after being off for a year and that's a big if...... then it's a bargain, he is an excellent receiver in the red zone ......if it doesn't work out they have lost nothing.

I think excellent is a strong word. He has untapped potential, but he has never scored more than 5 TDs in a season. Hell, he only had 2 the last season he played.

bowtown
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Matt Jones is the definition of overvalued bust, and that's when he's not on the pipe.

Pony Boy
02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Matt Jones is the definition of overvalued bust, and that's when he's not on the pipe.

Agreed he was a bust as a high draft pick, but signing him cheap as a situational receiver is not a huge risk but could have big rewards...... I see a Tebow jump pass to Matt Jones as a red zone kill shot......

vancejohnson82
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
You gotta wonder how much input Marvin Lewis has with this team....he was hell bent on making this team about character when he came in

bowtown
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
...... I see a Tebow jump pass to Matt Jones as a red zone kill shot......

And maybe Andre Ware, Troy Smith, and Eric Crouch blocking for them?

Pony Boy
02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
The interesting thing about Matt Jones is he as was superstar at Arkansas never a problem on or off the field and also played on the Razorbacks basketball team.

So it makes me wonder what that first hit of cocane does to some people to make them give up everything or why a guy would ever take that first hit...... or why those guys drink and get behind the wheel......

DBroncos4life
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
You gotta wonder how much input Marvin Lewis has with this team....he was hell bent on making this team about character when he came in

It's all about getting good players and cheap price. Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson both played well for them last year. Chris Henry did as well before he got hurt to a lesser degree. They even got some good play out of Larry Johnson. Like everything you are going to have mixed results but man if you hit a guy like Cedric Benson without spending much you getting a good deal. Chad Johnson wants TO there. TO would be better then Coles so from that stand point they do get better. It seems that the Bengals have found away to get bad players to act right for the most part. It doesn't always work but to them they seem to think it's working and worth the risk.

gtown
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
What a joke the Bungles are. They are cornering the market on cancer. I wonder if Carson Palmer hates his life.

Hogan11
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
What a joke the Bungles are. They are cornering the market on cancer. I wonder if Carson Palmer hates his life.

Carson Palmer? Didja see how frickin' arrogant that lickbag was last season? He fits right in with the rest of that ahole crew.

Like I said before, they are the 70's/80's Raiders for the 20teens. A pox on them.

Los Broncos
02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
The Bengals are the new Raiders. They'll sign every dirtbag and fool they can get, just like Oakland did in the 70's & 80's. Contemptable.

Just a bunch of tools, rolling with underage girls, huge media clowns.

Arkie
02-13-2010, 06:58 AM
He seems committed to his comeback. I think he will surprise some people.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MToac6fkTGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MToac6fkTGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>