PDA

View Full Version : McNabb could land 1st and another pick.

ChSuperStar
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Reports in rotoworld and other sites say, mcnabb will get a 1st rounder for philly and more. WTF ? why would anyone want to give up 1st unless they are ready to win now. The only team i can see giving up that for mcnabb is vikings. correct me if i am wrong, but i would rather see a young QB drafted and developed than giving up 1st for mcnabb

broncofan7
02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
yeah--that's way too expensive for my taste

Br0nc0Buster
02-12-2010, 09:43 AM
giving up anything more than a low third is retarded for a 33 year old qb with injury problems

ChSuperStar
02-12-2010, 09:44 AM
giving up anything more than a low third is retarded for a 33 year old qb with injury problems

They are trying the best they can to get more than what mcnabb is worth. I wonder who is the GM who will bite this bullet

Triplelefthook
02-12-2010, 09:46 AM

I would feel ok giving up our 2nd rounder for McNabb

~Crash~
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I would say he is worth a 1st but I don't believe a damn thing I seen about him . he will be an eagle next year .

he is still a damn fine player.

ChSuperStar
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM

IMO anything less than 3rd is not worth it. He will never play all reg season games in a given year ever again.

Br0nc0Buster
02-12-2010, 09:51 AM

you are talking about passing up a prospect like Corey Wooten for an old injury prone qb

If youre gonna replace Orton, dont do it with another stop gap, draft a qb and develop him

Requiem
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, and the Pope's Jewish!

cmhargrove
02-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Will Donovan's mom still cook Chunky soup for his new team?

Jesterhole
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
If you're a team on the verge of putting it all together, why not? I'd use a low first rounder on him, if I thought he was the last piece of the puzzle.

That said, I'd love to see the Cheaps use their first on him this year, lol.

broncswin
02-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I wanted McNabb, but there is no damn way I would give up a first for him...maybe a second if his moms cooks the soup

bowtown
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
http://pyleoflist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/102306mcnabbpuking-01.gif

Triplelefthook
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
you are talking about passing up a prospect like Corey Wooten for an old injury prone qb

If youre gonna replace Orton, dont do it with another stop gap, draft a qb and develop him

Orton has been struggling to remain healthy the last couple years as well. i hear what you are saying, and given the apparent "model" its about the system and the QB developing within it. In which case you will see Orton return, and Brandstater and Wooten (insert another project QB here) develop behind him.

I don't think McNabb alone gets us to the superbowl, but I do think he gives us a better chance to win games especially with the improvement to the team that should happen in the off-season. I would be willing to trade a 2nd rounder.

bpc
02-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Never. 2nd, maybe. 1st rounder? Nope. He's got about another two to three years shelf life.

We need longer term solutions.

oubronco
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
**** mcnabb

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
i wouldn't even trade a 3rd for the guy. a few seasons ago, i would have definitely given up a 1st for the guy, but now at his age, and the fact that he is falling apart and looking more and more like McNair at the end of his career he isn't worth it.

also, the fact that he will need to learn the system hinders him from being an upgrade over Orton who will be in his 2nd season as our starter.

also, trading for him costs us a valuable pick in a really deep draft class, plus we would still need to draft a QBOTF, because McNabb doesn't have much longer in the NFL.

i say stand pat with Orton, draft, Clausen, Snead, Lefevour, Canfield or Skelton and build one of those guys up to be our QBOTF.

TonyR
02-12-2010, 11:27 AM
The Eagles are really playing this well, creating a market for the guy that may yield a 1st. Minnesota and Arizona are both possible candidates, and you can't completely rule out several other teams like Buffalo and Cleveland.

But I agree completely with those above who say it would be a bad move for Denver. A 2nd I'd have to consider, a 3rd I would do.

Broncos_OTM
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, and the Pope's Jewish!To be more accurate the Pope is a Nazi.

LonghornBronco
I could see the Raiders doing this, he fits their scheme. Do I want them to? NO! Donovan is the best deep passer in the league.

bowtown
**** mcnabb

+1

Crushaholic
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Pass on giving up a first-round pick for McNabb at this point in his career...

Popps
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Of course McNabb is worth a first rounder. Perhaps not to us, but to a team on the verge of a SB, like the Vikings... of course he is.

Take Favre off the Vikings and they're a .500 team.

McNabb has a few good seasons left, and he's an upgrade over most QBs in the league.
A team on the brink of being a contender should have no problem giving up a first for him.

1st round picks are an absolute crap shoot. For every Pro Bowler, there are 2 busts or sub-par players.

A proven commodity at QB is worth a 1st round pick for the right team.

watermock
02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
They will keep him and Kolb. Vick is gone.

If Favre retires they might get a second. Farve will give it one more round. There ware some horrible calls in OT against the Saints.

15 million is hard to turn down when Minn was so close.

bowtown
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
If Philly can somehow get a 1st from someone for McNabb, they would be crazy not to take it.

misturanderson
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Of course McNabb is worth a first rounder. Perhaps not to us, but to a team on the verge of a SB, like the Vikings... of course he is.

Take Favre off the Vikings and they're a .500 team.

McNabb has a few good seasons left, and he's an upgrade over most QBs in the league.
A team on the brink of being a contender should have no problem giving up a first for him.

1st round picks are an absolute crap shoot. For every Pro Bowler, there are 2 busts or sub-par players.

A proven commodity at QB is worth a 1st round pick for the right team.

The problem is that he is just as likely to go on IR by week 4 as he is to finish the year. While he has proven in the NFL that he can be a good player, he has also proven that he can't stay healthy for an entire year.

McNabb has boom-or-bust potential right up there with most draft picks, but if he booms he won't be around for another 10 years, he'll probably have 3 or 4 max and he'll cost more than any draft pick outside of the top 10 (5?).

peacepipe
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Mcnabb ain't going anywhere without at least a 1st in return. starting QBs are never cheap,if it were kolb I can see a second rounder but you'd have to be a fool if you think McNabb is going anywhere for less than a 1st.

Fusionfrontman
02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I agree... a 2nd I would really struggle with, because your still asking an aging QB to learn a new system... but I could see McNabb excelling in McD's offense. A 3rd I'd throw at them in a heartbeat.
With that all being said... I don;'t think he is going anywhere because it is the same thign every year in Philly. And man Philly fans do not appreciate him. Boo him every second they get.
I'd say Orton and draft a guy like Skelton.

Garcia Bronco
02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I agree... a 2nd I would really struggle with, because your still asking an aging QB to learn a new system.

Not really.

Hogan11
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
http://pyleoflist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/102306mcnabbpuking-01.gif

Man, that fart the center cut must've been really bad

KipCorrington25
02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
If a first means Knowshow or Ayers I'd give them both up for a legit QB.

Los Broncos
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM
They'll get a 1st for him, just not from us.

Fusionfrontman
02-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Not really.

Maybe I'm unfamiliar with Philly's Offense, but isn't the hold out on this partially because people feel with 2 years under his belt in the system Orton will be making big strides?

ChSuperStar
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Mcnabb ain't going anywhere without at least a 1st in return. starting QBs are never cheap,if it were kolb I can see a second rounder but you'd have to be a fool if you think McNabb is going anywhere for less than a 1st.

I would take kolb for a second anyday than mcnabb for 1st or 2nd.

watermock
02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
If a first means Knowshow or Ayers I'd give them both up for a legit QB.

Throw in Smith and Quinn. That's how bad our draft was.

watermock
02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I rather have Kolb than McNabb.

Especially with this offense.

tsiguy96
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
philly needs to be smart and unload one of the QBs while both of their values are high. no point in storing 2 starting QBs when you can upgrade your team by getting rid of one of them.

iDENVER
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
would you guys be willing to swap first round picks and maybe a later pick.

tsiguy96
02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
no because theres no gaurantee mcnabb in his first year in this system is better than orton in his second, in fact id say its unlikely.

watermock
02-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Denver won't trade for McNabb, it's amusing.

will not happen.

Hamrob
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
A 2nd would be worth it, perhaps a low 1st...but not a 10/11 in the first round.

Look McNabb is 33 and a physical speciman. He gets hurt because he's been asked to do to much. Farve is 40 and looking sharpe. Elway retired on top at 38.

Whoever gets McNabb gets a guy who can play at a high level for the next five years. That's not a bad deal. He's proven...not many 1st or 2nd rounders are for sure picks.

The problem is...I don't think they're ready to trade him.

Hamrob
02-12-2010, 09:12 PM
would you guys be willing to swap first round picks and maybe a later pick.Yes, plus maybe a 4th. I'd then draft Mike Iupati with there pick at 24 or perhap Baluga...both could be world class guards for us.

In my book, this trade would upgrade the QB position, get us the best guard in the draft and instantly make us championship contenders.

steeledude
02-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Alphonso Smith for a 1st rounder. Richard Quinn for two 3rd rounders. Now that McNabb is up for a first rounder I think we might land him. Seems just like a McD kind of trade.

robbieopperude
02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
no because theres no gaurantee mcnabb in his first year in this system is better than orton in his second, in fact id say its unlikely.

I suppose P.Manning would struggle in this system to. This is nuts. McNabb may or may not play at a PRO BOWL level for the next 5 years but I would put money on it that no other Denver QB will. It is a joke to say that Orton is going to get better. He got substantially worse as the season went on and his weaknesses were exploited. Orton is Trent Dilfer only he doesn't have the Ravens D to get him anywhere. We will never go anywhere with Orton. Also the OM fans are notorious for overrating the value of draft picks. Constantly making mocks to trade back and get more picks to somehow get 3 2nd rounders and 3 3rd rounders. Yes those guys are nice filler players but superstars are found early and it is very hard to ever get a good QB outside of the 1st round. I would swap 1sts and give a 3rd in a heartbeat to get McNabb. He makes us instantly credible as a playoff contender. He makes our WR's better and our RB's better. He makes our D better. He has been around long enough to know every defensive scheme thrown at him and he has exceeded in the NFC East. Imagine what he would do playing the Chiefs & Raiders 4 times a year. We need to win now. McD doesn't want to spend 5 years trying to find the right guy at QB.

From Phili's side they would look awfully dumb dealing McNabb for anything less than a 1st. If they go 8-8 next year with Kolb Reid will be under a lot of fire for moving their franchise player.

extralife
02-13-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't buy that Orton will be appreciably better in his second year. He didn't look confused or hesitant last year. He's just not that great. You know what you're getting.

peacepipe
02-13-2010, 05:25 AM

McNabb even at his age would be a better QB on day 1.

BroncoMan4ever
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
A 2nd would be worth it, perhaps a low 1st...but not a 10/11 in the first round.

Look McNabb is 33 and a physical speciman. He gets hurt because he's been asked to do to much. Farve is 40 and looking sharpe. Elway retired on top at 38.

Whoever gets McNabb gets a guy who can play at a high level for the next five years. That's not a bad deal. He's proven...not many 1st or 2nd rounders are for sure picks.

The problem is...I don't think they're ready to trade him.

McNabb won't make it to 37 in the NFL. mark that down.

right now at 33 he is falling apart. looks like McNair in his final seasons. Elway was beat up badly over the course of his career, and in his final seasons with the torn bicep and destroyed knees, he was still in better condition than McNabb is right now.

no way does McNabb go 5 more years. he has 3 years tops and i'd wager that only 1 of those seasons is at a decent level.

extralife
02-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't know why you keep saying McNabb looks like he's falling apart. He looked better this year than the last few.

Inkana7
02-13-2010, 05:07 PM
McNabb won't make it to 37 in the NFL. mark that down.

right now at 33 he is falling apart. looks like McNair in his final seasons. Elway was beat up badly over the course of his career, and in his final seasons with the torn bicep and destroyed knees, he was still in better condition than McNabb is right now.

no way does McNabb go 5 more years. he has 3 years tops and i'd wager that only 1 of those seasons is at a decent level.

You act like the man is falling apart.

KipCorrington25
02-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't buy that Orton will be appreciably better in his second year. He didn't look confused or hesitant last year. He's just not that great. You know what you're getting.

Exactly, it's his second year in the system so all of a sudden he'll be able to throw it further than 10 yards, improvise, and power through a fingernail tackle? Hilarious! Ha! ROFL! LOL

broncswin
02-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Exactly, it's his second year in the system so all of a sudden he'll be able to throw it further than 10 yards, improvise, and power through a fingernail tackle? Hilarious! Ha! ROFL! LOL

dude, I can't quit laughing...that was said perfectlyROFL!

BroncoMan4ever
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM

do you realize Orton played maybe 4 games this season without some type of bad injury limiting him?

he started out at least the 1st month of the season with the finger jacked up and once that healed he had a 4 game stretch where he was healthy and then had his ankle badly sprained, and that hamstrung him the rest of the year.

sure he wasn't spectacular, but he was good with a lot of things holding him back.