PDA

View Full Version : Karl Mecklenburg loves Josh McDaniels

montrose
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1195381
(Skip to 6:25)

* On McDaniels' benching of Marshall on Scheffler - Tolerating poor activity is endorsing it. McDaniels is in a tough position because he's taking over a group of guys that didn't have supervision or hard-line rules. If McDaniels had accepted their attitudes that's his way of saying the behavior is okay.

* If he's a big fan of McDaniels - Mecklenburg says he really is. From day one McDaniels came in to clean house and to set a team concept that works, meaning more than individual statistics and just winning football games. Thinks McDaniels has a bright future and Mecklenburg is excited for this coming season - especially the offense with another year in the system. Hopefully the Broncos can get better fits up front, Mecklenburg thinks the Broncos will make some noise in the playoffs.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
The Albino Rhino has spoken!

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
makes you wonder if shanahan was ever designed as a coach to build a team from the ground up, or if he is more a veterans type of coach?

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd rather listen to mock, dragster and rastaman than listen to this "Mickelburger" or whatever he is called. Who is he anyways?

broncosteven
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
makes you wonder if shanahan was ever designed as a coach to build a team from the ground up, or if he is more a veterans type of coach?

Umm.... TD, Rod, Pryce, numerous other rookie RB's among others all came in and contributed.

Shanny did the same thing mCd is doing now when he came in back in '95. He lived with Miller and Prichard until he could upgrade with Rod and Ed.

It is hard to hit on talent when you are drafting in the mid 20's or later every year.

I think we only drafted in the top 10 once during Shanny's tenure and that was when they moved up to grab Cutler.

broncosteven
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I'd rather listen to mock, dragster and rastaman than listen to this "Mickelburger" or whatever he is called. Who is he anyways?

Funny how the same people who complain about threads getting **** on **** on other threads.

baja
02-11-2010, 08:09 PM

Damn dude what's wrong with you can you see the evidence is everywhere, hell you're likely stepping in some right now. ALL PLAYERS HATE JOSH MCDANIELS and COACHES HATE HIM too.

Buy a fuccking bowel will ya.

FantomForce
02-11-2010, 08:13 PM
In meck we trust

Florida_Bronco
02-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Shanahan tended to lean on the veterans to police the locker room. That worked fine when guys like Atwater, Elway and Sharpe were around and wouldn't let people get out of line, but then those veteran leaders left the team and weren't adequately replaced, leading to the current mess we have now.

Of course it didn't help that Shanny showed pretty extreme favoritism to the offense where our better leaders (Bailey, Lynch and Williams) effectively had their balls cut off.

Josh is different in the sense that while he also relies heavily on veteran presence, he's perfectly capable of giving attitude adjustments on his own.

TheReverend
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Shanahan tended to lean on the veterans to police the locker room. That worked fine when guys like Atwater, Elway and Sharpe were around and wouldn't let people get out of line, but then those veteran leaders left the team and weren't adequately replaced, leading to the current mess we have now.

Of course it didn't help that Shanny showed pretty extreme favoritism to the offense where our better leaders (Bailey, Lynch and Williams) effectively had their balls cut off.

Josh is different in the sense that while he also relies heavily on veteran presence, he's perfectly capable of giving attitude adjustments on his own.

ROFL

What?

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Funny how the same people who complain about threads getting **** on **** on other threads.

How am I ****ting on this thread bud?

baja
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM

<b>Josh is different in the sense that while he also relies heavily on veteran presence, he's perfectly capable of giving attitude adjustments on his own.

Don't talk about "The little man upstairs" that way.

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
ROFL

What?

dj williams said the defense felt like "second class citizens" in the locker room when shanahan was there.

gyldenlove
02-11-2010, 08:58 PM

I think it has already been established that Shanahan is an amazing coach but suspeciously mediocre as a GM.

Hogan11
02-11-2010, 09:03 PM

* On McDaniels' benching of Marshall on Scheffler - Tolerating poor activity is endorsing it. McDaniels is in a tough position because he's taking over a group of guys that didn't have supervision or hard-line rules. If McDaniels had accepted their attitudes that's his way of saying the behavior is okay.

* If he's a big fan of McDaniels - Mecklenburg says he really is. From day one McDaniels came in to clean house and to set a team concept that works, meaning more than individual statistics and just winning football games. Thinks McDaniels has a bright future and Mecklenburg is excited for this coming season - especially the offense with another year in the system. Hopefully the Broncos can get better fits up front, Mecklenburg thinks the Broncos will make some noise in the playoffs.

An old school guy likes old school ethics.....it's really not that big of a surprise

Popps
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Definitely a vets type of coach. I've made that case for years.

That said, only time will tell if McDaniels is indeed a younger players' coach.

I know he's not taking any ****. That much is certain.

baja
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
What I want to know is who paid off Mecklenburg to say he likes Josh. I mean the evidence is everywhere that no one likes him maybe not even his mommy.

listopencil
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
How am I ****ting on this thread bud?

Do you know who Karl Mecklenburg is?

listopencil
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
dj williams said the defense felt like "second class citizens" in the locker room when shanahan was there.

Easy to believe.

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Do you know who Karl Mecklenburg is?

Yes, it was a joke, followed by sarcasm dude.

Way to condescend though.

listopencil
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, it was a joke, followed by sarcasm dude.

Way to condescend though.

Then yes, you **** on this thread.

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Then yes, you **** on this thread.

Oh course I did.

Archer81
02-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Pie?

http://tinyurl.com/yhwpv2d

Kidding. Wont food jack the thread. That was good of Mecklenburg to say.

:Broncos:

Florida_Bronco
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
ROFL

What?

It's true. Tsiguy already mentioned that D.J Williams went public saying the defense was felt like second class citizens, and there was another during the Cutler fiasco where John Lynch talked about how young guys like Scheffler, Cutler, and Marshall (all young offensive "stars" and all who have given us trouble) were basically allowed to do whatever they wanted...etc.

strafen
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Pie?

http://tinyurl.com/yhwpv2d

Kidding. Wont food jack the thread. That was good of Mecklenburg to say.

:Broncos:Too late...
http://www.worldofstock.com/thumbs/PFO6025.jpg

strafen
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
It's true. Tsiguy already mentioned that D.J Williams went public saying the defense was felt like second class citizens, and there was another during the Cutler fiasco where John Lynch talked about how young guys like Scheffler, Cutler, and Marshall (all young offensive "stars" and all who have given us trouble) were basically allowed to do whatever they wanted...etc.

Unreal! LMAO! ROFL!

Florida_Bronco
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Unreal! LMAO! ROFL!

Yeah I know. Pretty ****ty way to run an organization, isn't it?

Archer81
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Too late...
http://www.worldofstock.com/thumbs/PFO6025.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *cough cough...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:Broncos:

Hamrob
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Meck is being supportive of his team. I'm glad he's supportive of McDaniels...I'm sure he will be of the next HC as well.

Shanny helped deliver 2 championships to Denver and got us to another AFC Championship game. Josh McDaniels has done absolutely nothing as of yet, so let's cool the comparisons...hmm?

He can be as much a disciplinarian as he wants to be....let's see if he can't coach us past the dink and dunk offense were currently in...before we gush all over him.

Should be a good offseason and with a little luck and good decision making...we should be in the Playoffs next year!

DBroncos4life
02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm sure if DJ and the other members of that D would have went into the other teams locker room they would have received game balls.

strafen
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Meck is being supportive of his team. I'm glad he's supportive of McDaniels...I'm sure he will be of the next HC as well.

Shanny helped deliver 2 championships to Denver and got us to another AFC Championship game. Josh McDaniels has done absolutely nothing as of yet, so let's cool the comparisons...hmm?

He can be as much a disciplinarian as he wants to be....let's see if he can't coach us past the dink and dunk offense were currently in...before we gush all over him.

Should be a good offseason and with a little luck and good decision making...we should be in the Playoffs next year!Amen!

Taco John
02-11-2010, 11:00 PM

He's some 13th round draft pick...

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
He's some 13th round draft pick...

12th round.

Jason7730
02-11-2010, 11:40 PM
I just loved watching the 'Snow Goose' play. I remember H. Walker getting very little daylight against the cowboys and him saying " All I saw was #77 everytime I got the ball". ( Or something to that effect).

Jason7730
02-11-2010, 11:42 PM
12th round.

Wasn't he second in division one in sacks his senior year, just behind bruce smith?

TheReverend
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM

And from their performance they absolutely deserved to. But how does that become Bailey, Lynch and Williams getting their balls cut off and extreme favoritism when all he did was go out of his way referring to Bailey and Lynch as great leaders, HoF players, and the best to ever play the game at their respective positions?

Boy was he undermining them!

ton80
02-12-2010, 01:27 AM

To carry Mecklenburg's thoughts one step further, I will be surprised if Shanahan turns things around in Washington before getting canned.

Shanahan was obviously the right man at the right time for the Broncos when he was winning SB's in Denver; I don't thing Shanahan is the right man to uplift a team from a state of weakness and convert them into anything other than a perpetual 8-8 squad.

Shanahan's skill set as a Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator lends itself to winning a Super Bowl with a team thats rather polished like the Colts or Saints and perhaps Dallas or San Diego.

Shanahan's skill set consists of taking highly talented QB's, WR's, RB's, and lineman and using them to rip apart opposing defenses. Give Shanny talent that consists of mature/polished pros and a few future Hall of Famers and he will destroy you.

I don't believe Shanny's skill set is conducive towards developing a team from scratch.

Well see soon enough.

Florida_Bronco
02-12-2010, 01:42 AM
To carry Mecklenburg's thoughts one step further, I will be surprised if Shanahan turns things around in Washington before getting canned.

Shanahan was obviously the right man at the right time for the Broncos when he was winning SB's in Denver; I don't thing Shanahan is the right man to uplift a team from scratch and convert them into anything other than a perpetual 8-8 squad.

It'll depend on whether or not he's learned from or even recognizes the mistakes he was making here. So far it doesn't look real promising with him already getting Slowik and Burney on staff.

Taco John
02-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Shanahan was obviously the right man at the right time for the Broncos when he was winning SB's in Denver; I don't thing Shanahan is the right man to uplift a team from a state of weakness and convert them into anything other than a perpetual 8-8 squad.

Shanahan's skill set as a Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator lends itself to winning a Super Bowl with a team thats rather polished like the Colts or Saints and perhaps Dallas or San Diego.

Shanahan's skill set consists of taking highly talented QB's, WR's, RB's, and lineman and using them to rip apart opposing defenses. Give Shanny talent that consists of mature/polished pros and a few future Hall of Famers and he will destroy you.

I don't believe Shanny's skill set is conducive towards developing a team from scratch.

Well see soon enough.

This is my guess, but I think Shanahan has five years there. If I were Shanahan, that would have been my condition for taking the job. I would have negotiated using the fact that Bowlen is subsidizing me for two years, so you won't be picking up the full bill until the third year in. By that time, the team will be in place, and we'll be looking for three shots at the title.

I think Snyder would go for that given his PR troubles in DC. I'll be suprised if Snyder is anything but hands off for the next five years.

Traveler
02-12-2010, 04:18 AM
I think we only drafted in the top 10 once during Shanny's tenure and that was when they moved up to grab Cutler.

Correction. We haven't drafted in the top ten since Mike Croel was taken at number 4 in 1991. Cutler was drafted 11th overall in 2006.

colonelbeef
02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Umm.... TD, Rod, Pryce, numerous other rookie RB's among others all came in and contributed.

Shanny did the same thing mCd is doing now when he came in back in '95. He lived with Miller and Prichard until he could upgrade with Rod and Ed.

It is hard to hit on talent when you are drafting in the mid 20's or later every year.

Cutler was the #11 overall pick. I agree with your post otherwise though

gtown
02-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Let's not jump to conclusions. The Skins play in a tough division and already have a pretty good defense in place. If Shanny gets a QB and shores up the offensive line a bit in DC, they will be pretty good. There may be a few extra ZBS lineman floating around out there in FA this year, and the Skins may target Bradford in the draft. Plus we are looking to dump Sheff and possibly Hillis, so Shanny could get the guys he wants quicker than you think.

kamakazi_kal
02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
An old school guy likes old school ethics.....it's really not that big of a surprise

I think the problem now a days is the new school guys ethics are directly related to their wallets ....... and no I don't just mean BM I mean like 99% of players to come into the league in the 10 years.

Hamrob
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I think Shanny will have the Skins looking good next season. The main problem is going to be his QB. Can Campbell be the guy...he's going to have to be next year. Shanny won't go far with a Rookie and there's not a better veteran available, so he's stuck with Campbell for now. I think his guy will be Clausen in the draft. Clausen is the closest thing to Cutler in this draft. Bradford really isn't Shanny's type of player in my opinion...he's too fragile. He'll play Campbell and groom Clausen. If Campbell does well he'll play the entire season, if not...Shanny will get Clausen some playing time down the stretch.

The biggest improvement for the Skins will be in the running game...they'll have that baby clicking on all cylanders.

colonelbeef
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I think it has already been established that Shanahan is an amazing coach but suspeciously mediocre as a GM.

I'll take a "mediocre" .616 winning % with 2 superbowl wins and a 13-8 playoff record any day of the week.....

So would any team in the league if offered tomorrow

Ray Finkle
02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I think Shanny will have the Skins looking good next season. The main problem is going to be his QB. Can Campbell be the guy...he's going to have to be next year. Shanny won't go far with a Rookie and there's not a better veteran available, so he's stuck with Campbell for now. I think his guy will be Clausen in the draft. Clausen is the closest thing to Cutler in this draft. Bradford really isn't Shanny's type of player in my opinion...he's too fragile. He'll play Campbell and groom Clausen. If Campbell does well he'll play the entire season, if not...Shanny will get Clausen some playing time down the stretch.

The biggest improvement for the Skins will be in the running game...they'll have that baby clicking on all cylanders.

Campbell is a decent QB just shell shocked....so, how is the running game going to improve when they lost their LT, LG, RG, and probably RT? That is a lot to turn around in 1 offseason.

oubronco
02-12-2010, 11:30 AM
He likes him he really likes him I bet he does

LonghornBronco
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Shanny is maybe the greatest O coordinator of all time but he is only so so as HC and GM...

Chris
02-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh course I did.

I laughed.

tsiguy96
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I'll take a "mediocre" .616 winning % with 2 superbowl wins and a 13-8 playoff record any day of the week.....

So would any team in the league if offered tomorrow

what does that have to do with his record as GM, which has been ridiculously bad? no one really denies his abilities as a coach, but maybe his GM abilities diminished the product he put on the field since he never put himself in a situation with enough talent to win after the SBs.

Hogan11
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I think the problem now a days is the new school guys ethics are directly related to their wallets ....... and no I don't just mean BM I mean like 99% of players to come into the league in the 10 years.

It's rastamanism.

rastaman
02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
What I want to know is who paid off Mecklenburg to say he likes Josh. I mean the evidence is everywhere that no one likes him maybe not even his mommy.

Something tells me McMeck would like back into the NFL as an assistant defensive coach and is willing to yank on McD's sack in the hopes of getting his attention.

Dagmar
02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Something tells me McMeck would like back into the NFL as an assistant defensive coach and is willing to yank on McD's sack in the hopes of getting his attention.

Really? Smack about a Broncos legend? You are super. :thumbsup:

Hogan11
02-13-2010, 09:03 PM

Meck supports the current HC and isn't all about $$$, so what did you expect?

rastaman
02-13-2010, 09:04 PM

Bingo! Finally someone has acknowledge this very fact. Players today is about me first and the bling. It is what it is. As a result, the HC and coaches in the NFL must adjust to the attitudes of the 21st Century NFL players. Even McD needs to realize that the stigma he carries is that he has never played in the NFL and to some strong willed younger players, he has no "Street Cred".

As a result, McD can only count on veteran players like Ty Law and Dawkins who's goals are to milk as many pay days as possible as their careers come to an end. The younger players and stars will ony buy into what McD is selling for so long. McD will need to prove that his schemes will work or the younger players will quit on him.

rastaman
02-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Nope! I didn't down play what Meck did on the field of play did I! I simply stated Meck could be looking at getting into coaching at the NFL level. He figures if McD can hire his bother who just last year was coaching at the HS level; why can't the same happen to Meck. Meck maybe selling himself to McD for a possible coaching position. :angel: