PDA

View Full Version : uh oh: rumors fly that broncos are available for sale

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 05:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/rumors-fly-that-broncos-are-available-for-purchase/

The fact that the Rams have found a buyer reminded me of a rumor that snaked its way through the grapevine last week.

There's talk that the Denver Broncos could be available to be purchased from current owner Pat Bowlen.

And there's a connection between the Rams and the Broncos. If Shahid Khan will be buying (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/illinois-businessman-shahid-khan-set-to-buy-rams/) not only the 60 percent of the Rams currently held by Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez but also the 40 percent owned by Stan Kroenke, Kroenke could couple the cash he gets from Shahid with a chunk of his wife's Wal-Mart money (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/7102853/How-Arsenal-will-be-changed-by-Stan-Kroenkes-business-brain.html) and purchase the Broncos.

Kroenke already owns the NHL's Colorado Avalanche and the NBA's Denver Nuggets. He reportedly was interested in acquiring controlling interest in the Rams, but the league's cross-ownership rules require teams in multiple leagues to be located in the same market.

We need to be clear on this one. We're not saying that the Broncos are for sale; we're saying that there's a rumor they're for sale. And we're speculating that Kroenke could be interested, especially if he's cashing out his chips in St. Louis.

eeeeeek

elsid13
02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
interesting. The broncos are a "family" business and if the younger generation isn't that interested in running the team, then this about the age a Owner/Operator would start to look for new owner.

worm
02-11-2010, 06:00 AM
interesting. The broncos are a "family" business and if the younger generation isn't that interested in running the team, then this about the age a Owner/Operator would start to look for new owner.

If Pat truly is looking to sell the team....there is only one reason.

$.

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 06:05 AM
my only fear with a new owner is getting one who doesnt treat a team like pat bowlen: provides the resources necessary without interfering in business. no snyder or jones please. a person who is interested in a championship first.

elsid13
02-11-2010, 06:10 AM
If Pat truly is looking to sell the team....there is only one reason.

$.

That part of it, but Bowlen seemed to be worried about his legacy and in family business that means he looking to find the next generation of leadership for operation.

broncofan7
02-11-2010, 06:12 AM
It's time. I say make them public and make me chairman of the board.

My first act: A public hanging of Josh McDaniels.

Second act: trading for McNabb.

3rd act: Hire Dan Reeves as HC.

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 06:13 AM

hmm wonder why you are not a GM already?

elsid13
02-11-2010, 06:15 AM

Drinking grain alcohol this early in the morning isn't encouraged.

broncofan7
02-11-2010, 06:15 AM
hmm wonder why you are not a GM already?

okay, how about a 'tar and feathering' of McDaniels instead? :welcome:

It would be the biggest spectacle in sports since the disco records were burned in Comiskey 1979...

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 06:17 AM
i do hope that if bowlen is doing this because his family doesnt want the team, maybe its the best option so his family doesnt sell it to the highest bidder, but rather the best option.

broncofan7
02-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Drinking grain alcohol this early in the morning isn't encouraged.

No really, I am THAT good.

Man-Goblin
02-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Kroenke wouldn't be that bad, but I must say that after an initial spending spree with the Nuggets and Avs he has been operating with strict budgets the last couple years.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Kroenke would be ideal if Mr Bowlen were to sell the team. I prefer Bowlen to continue as the owner, but Kroenke would give money and not interfere with the day to day operations.

And I think he's smart enough not to hire that moron BF7. Thank God.

Jesterhole
02-11-2010, 06:29 AM
How sweet would it be if Elway bought the team. <sigh>

BroncosSR
02-11-2010, 06:31 AM

I remember my first beer...

gunns
02-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Yep had to look up B7's birthdate after calling for Reeves as the HC. Now I understand. Young and dumb during that time, older and dumb now.

watermock
02-11-2010, 06:41 AM
If Bowlen wanted to sell the team, he should of done us all of us a favor and himself and sold it in '07.

Now have lost all our coaches, the fan base is disilusioned, our draft was illconcieved, and the NFL is due a long, protracted labor struggle.

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Good luck to anyone trying to buy the Broncos. The legal bills for the due diligence alone would be more expensive than the team itself thanks to all of Pat's wheeling and dealing behind the scenes with his family members and family businesses with partial ownership, the never ending Kaiser litigation and Kaiser's permanent right of first refusal in any offer presented to any future owner. It's a freaking mess.

watermock
02-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Kroenke wouldn't be that bad, but I must say that after an initial spending spree with the Nuggets and Avs he has been operating with strict budgets the last couple years.

The Nuggets just handed LA a beating at home last week. I dunno if Kobe played, or was hurt, but Kroenke is by far not a bad option.

And the Rockies were in the WS not too long ago.

bendog
02-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Bowlen's tax basis for the Broncos is arount 100million.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/07/19/broncos_lawsuit_ap/

If Bowlen dies this year, there is an agrument that his will bestows his property without any estate tax, because the Senate never got around to the bill. (no political comment)

If he dies in 2011 or later (unless tax rates are changed again) his estate would be taxed at about 55% of any amount above his basis plus two million which is exempted from inheritance tax.

Long term capital gains taxes are now 20% for an asset owned by a person not in the two bottom tax brackets. There is some thought that the dems want to increase that, but given the current political climate, that may not occur.

But you guys can do the math. The franchise is worth around 700 million according to Forbes.

watermock
02-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Good luck to anyone trying to buy the Broncos. The legal bills for the due diligence alone would be more expensive than the team itself thanks to all of Pat's wheeling and dealing behind the scenes with his family members and family businesses with partial ownership, the never ending Kaiser litigation and Kaiser's permanent right of first refusal in any offer presented to any future owner. It's a freaking mess.

Indeed. The Kaiser isn't going to go away. This the last team I'd buy. I'd buy the Jags and move them to LA into that new venue..

Hercules Rockefeller
02-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Florio might want to do just a tad bit more research into Kroenke's sports empire, the guy owns 29.9% of Arsenal (and the Rapids and Mammoth). If he gets to 30%, he must make an offer for the remaining 70% of the club. If he's selling his stake in the Rams and he wants to use the cash elsewhere, it's going to Arsenal.

Pony Boy
02-11-2010, 07:02 AM

Yep, we need old Dan Reeves running Winder or Wilhite up the middle for no gain on very freakin first down.. Thank God, Elway was the master at 2nd and long......

jhns
02-11-2010, 07:11 AM
There was talk last offseason that Ellis is working close with Bowlen to learn how to run a team. It was said he is looking to buy one in the future. The rumors that Bowlen is looking to sell the team were also floating around last year and there was speculation Ellis will be the next owner here. I know Ellis is related to Bush so he probably is in on that Bush oil money. I'm not sure if he is really rich or if any of this is true though. The fact that the rumors are constantly popping up may say something though.

elsid13
02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
There was talk last offseason that Ellis is working close with Bowlen to learn how to run a team. It was said he is looking to buy one in the future. The rumors that Bowlen is looking to sell the team were also floating around last year and there was speculation Ellis will be the next owner here. I know Ellis is related to Bush so he probably is in on that Bush oil money. I'm not sure if he is really rich or if any of this is true though. The fact that the rumors are constantly popping up may say something though.

Which could explain why Ellis is the one that did second interview with McDaniels by himself.

bendog
02-11-2010, 07:16 AM
yeah, it ain't Kroenke. I doubt anyone in Colo has the cash necessary. Might be a bad time to sell with a. a lot of really rich people lost a really enormous amount of money last year b. you gotta wonder what effect the labor issue would have on someone who could actually finance buying something worth 700million. Theoretically, it's impossible not to make money owning an nfl team, but even with the networks already agreeing to pay the owners 5 BILLION dollars this year if no games are played in 2011, there's some uncertainty as to what the eventual new labor contract will include. And the owners are not going to cave ... and NO ticket prices are NOT GOING TO GET CHEAPER

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-bisciotti&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12883379/nfl-union-leader-smith-expects-lockout-in-2011

gtown
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't mind Kroenke. His teams have been relatively well run and it appears the guy knows how to hire managerial talent given what the Nuggs and Avs have done over the past few years. But I could really go for an owner with even deeper pockets, Mark Cuban style.

sixtimeseight
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM

Elway would have to win the Powerball a number of times before he could afford the Broncos.

i4jelway7
02-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Does Ellis have the cash needed to purchase the broncos?

baja
02-11-2010, 07:42 AM
So would the Broncos follow the WalMart business plan?

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 07:43 AM
So would the Broncos follow the WalMart business plan?

If it means signing a QB like Kurt Warner out of one of their stores......I'd be ok with that.

baja
02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
If it means signing a QB like Kurt Warner out of one of their stores......I'd be ok with that.

Maybe we can draft Chinese

baja
02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Instead of a roll out we can have a roll back.

Hamrob
02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Kaiser would make a flippin mess of it. He'd go out and try to find investors.

baja
02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Old retired NFL players can become stadium greeters.

bendog
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
As long as they stay away from my future retirement gig of being Sams Club greeter.

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 08:13 AM
We need to be clear on this one. We're not saying that the Broncos are for sale; we're saying that there's a rumor they're for sale. And we're speculating that Kroenke could be interested, especially if he's cashing out his chips in St. Louis.

Off season bull****. To fill internet pages for people depressed at the end of football.

PRBronco
02-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Off season bull****. To fill internet pages for people depressed at the end of football.

I heard McDaniels is lending his brother money to buy the team :-O NEPOTISM!!!!

colonelbeef
02-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Need someone with far deeper pockets than Elway has if the team is to compete going forward.

AS someone said earlier, the only reason Bowlen would sell is because of his current financial situation, otherwise it makes no sense to even consider selling an NFL franchise during an unprecedented down market.

~Crash~
02-11-2010, 08:38 AM

AFL working to resume play in 2010
04/23/2009

That Is my deam . but I think he needs a few years to get his feet on the ground. If Elway does buy it will be with Mike Shanahan 5 years from now .

BroncoMan4ever
02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
i don't buy that. simply because if Bowlen were to attempt to sell the Broncos, Kroenke wouldn't have a shot at buying them because the previous owner that Pat bought the team from would have 1st shot at re-aquiring the team.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Kroenke would be a great owner. What needs to happen if this rumor is true is that Kroenke needs to buy say 49% of the team and keep Pat Bowlen as controlling partner. If Kroenke then wants to buy more of the team later, it allows Pat to sell out gradually and perhaps not take such an asss rape in taxes.

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
AFL working to resume play in 2010
04/23/2009

That Is my deam . but I think he needs a few years to get his feet on the ground. If Elway does buy it will be with Mike Shanahan 5 years from now .

Five years from now, the Broncos will probably be worth close to a billion dollars and Shanny and Elway combined won't even be worth $100 million. Even in the middle of the "free money to everyone" days of a few years ago, I don't know too many places that would be willing to lend them the kind of dough they'd need to make that happen. They'd have to get in with some other mega-rich investor(s).

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2010, 08:58 AM
i don't buy that. simply because if Bowlen were to attempt to sell the Broncos, Kroenke wouldn't have a shot at buying them because the previous owner that Pat bought the team from would have 1st shot at re-aquiring the team.

If Kaiser comes into play, then if I was Pat I'd offer him first dibs. However, I'd sell it to Kaiser at a premium price. If Kaiser is gonna strong arm Pat, I'd be like "Ok, you want 25% of the team, give me $400m. If you don't like it, piss off."

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 08:59 AM
This is a non story that is gonna get 10 pages right?

PRBronco
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM

I'm surprised there's only one thread on it tbqh.

DenverBrit
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
http://meaningfuldistractions.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/nationalenquirersarahpalin.jpg

BigPlayShay
02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
jst hd anl sx w/oil tiecoon. maybee he wood buy da brncs butt he ain't feelin JM

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 09:22 AM
If Kaiser comes into play, then if I was Pat I'd offer him first dibs. However, I'd sell it to Kaiser at a premium price. If Kaiser is gonna strong arm Pat, I'd be like "Ok, you want 25% of the team, give me $400m. If you don't like it, piss off."

The right of first refusal doesn't exactly work that way. Whatever Bowlen offers to anyone else, he has to offer the same to Kaiser first. In other words, Bowlen can't demand $400 mil from Kaiser for 25% and simultaneously offer some other guy $200 mil for that same 25%. The terms have to be identical.

broncosteven
02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Bowlen's tax basis for the Broncos is arount 100million.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/07/19/broncos_lawsuit_ap/

If Bowlen dies this year, there is an agrument that his will bestows his property without any estate tax, because the Senate never got around to the bill. (no political comment)

If he dies in 2011 or later (unless tax rates are changed again) his estate would be taxed at about 55% of any amount above his basis plus two million which is exempted from inheritance tax.

Long term capital gains taxes are now 20% for an asset owned by a person not in the two bottom tax brackets. There is some thought that the dems want to increase that, but given the current political climate, that may not occur.

But you guys can do the math. The franchise is worth around 700 million according to Forbes.

I thought if Pat dies that his Mink coat and mirriored sun glasses inherited the team with a 60-40 split.

bfoflcommish
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Florio might want to do just a tad bit more research into Kroenke's sports empire, the guy owns 29.9% of Arsenal (and the Rapids and Mammoth). If he gets to 30%, he must make an offer for the remaining 70% of the club. If he's selling his stake in the Rams and he wants to use the cash elsewhere, it's going to Arsenal.

much more money to be had in arsenal than Broncos as well! Yes I know more to be spent also but still I would spend my money there for sure.

Broncoman13
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Actually the Broncos are a cash cow. Pat Bowlen got the best deal in sports with Invesco Field. He makes a lot of money and not just on the Broncos.

eddie mac
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM

As always Herc does his homework. Kroenke will make a move for the Gunners within the next year. The Sky TV deal alone will be worth 50m to each club as of next season and it's still by far the biggest market in world sports.

bfoflcommish
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Actually the Broncos are a cash cow. Pat Bowlen got the best deal in sports with Invesco Field. He makes a lot of money and not just on the Broncos.

compared to not only an EPL team but a primere EPL team...NO

ColoradoBuff
02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
How about a combo of Kroenke and Elway....they were co-owners of the Colorado Crush.

ColoradoBuff
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
As always Herc does his homework. Kroenke will make a move for the Gunners within the next year. The Sky TV deal alone will be worth 50m to each club as of next season and it's still by far the biggest market in world sports.

I agree! He will make a move for the Arsenal before anything else.

Broncoman13
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
compared to not only an EPL team but a primere EPL team...NO

Considering that he generates revenew from every event held at Invesco and the fact that he didn't have to spend his own money to buy the stadium... not sure what an owner of a Primere EPL team takes in, but I'm guessing an awful lot of that money is lost in operating costs whereas the only operating costs a Broncos owner has is in the Broncos but gaining revenew from any event in the stadium is a huge plus for any potential owner.

Kaylore
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM

Yup and the McDaniels haters are running with it like it's a foregone conclusion.

Mogulseeker
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
my only fear with a new owner is getting one who doesnt treat a team like pat bowlen: provides the resources necessary without interfering in business. no snyder or jones please. a person who is interested in a championship first.

Kroenke is that way

TonyR
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
On a related note it appears the Forbes numbers may overvalue some teams.

Forbes' valuation of Rams was nearly $200 million off
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2010 1:33 PM ET

The value of NFL franchises has been increasing in recent years, due to significant growth in profits. And as the value of a team rises, the return on the investment -- the profit -- must remain strong in order to justify the increased value of the team.

If, for example, a billion-dollar business merely breaks even on a consistent basis, it won't remain a billion-dollar business for very long.

And that's possibly what has happened to the Rams. In September 2009, Forbes pegged the franchise at a total value of $913 million, down from $915 million the year before. According to Howard Balzer of Globe-Democrat.com, however, the total value of the team was pegged at between $725 million and $750 million in connection with the sale of the 60-percent interest held by Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez to Shahid Khan.

So the next time NFLPA Executive Director De Smith laughs off (as he did last Thursday) a drop in operating profit for a team like the Packers from $34 million to $20 million, keep in mind that sagging financial performance makes the franchise less valuable than it was -- and it makes folks with the wherewithal to own a team less inclined to get in, and it could make those who already hold the keys to a club more inclined to consider getting out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/forbes-valuation-of-rams-was-nearly-200-million-off/

B-Love
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Yep, we need old Dan Reeves running Winder or Wilhite up the middle for no gain on very freakin first down.. Thank God, Elway was the master at 2nd and long......

Nothing screams "I don't know Broncos history" like this nonsense about Winder 'between the guards' every first down.

A myth dude, just a myth. Between 1985 and 1990, our pass attempt percentage on first down was usually top 5 and no worse than top 10 in the league each year.

But all of the "cliche fans" want to continue to believe this historical bull**** spoonfed to them by newsman and reporter types.

If we sent Winder between the guards every first down, how come he averaged 13 carries a game?

bpc
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
BLOVE laying the smack down.

bpc
02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
If this rumor was true, man, I would LOVE for a partnership including Elway and Shanahan to step in and try to buy the team. That would be awesome.

OBF1
02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I lay the blame for all of this on the coach of the team.

jhns
02-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Yup and the McDaniels haters are running with it like it's a foregone conclusion.

LOL

Where exactly do you see people treating this as a fact? Why are you guys crying about what others discuss? Did you make a thread about an interesting topic we can discuss? I didn't know there was anything interesting happening now.

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I lay the blame for all of this on the coach of the team.

me too. pat bowlen isnt feeling mcdaniels, so instead of getting a new coach, hes selling teh team. **** just makes too much sense to not be true. the evidence is there you just have to see it.

theAPAOps5
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Best case scenario is Kroenke buys it. He has done well with the Avs and Nuggs. Worst case scenario is the Brothers Monfort buy it and they become the Rockies. EEEEEEK

bendog
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
i dunno. I could live with a pennant in 97 and playoffs in 99. Without the snow, the rox were better than even money to knock martinez out.

Florida_Bronco
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Yawn.

blackpower
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
LA Broncos sounds good

watermock
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Nothing screams "I don't know Broncos history" like this nonsense about Winder 'between the guards' every first down.

A myth dude, just a myth. Between 1985 and 1990, our pass attempt percentage on first down was usually top 5 and no worse than top 10 in the league each year.

But all of the "cliche fans" want to continue to believe this historical bull**** spoonfed to them by newsman and reporter types.

If we sent Winder between the guards every first down, how come he averaged 13 carries a game?

Reeves would run Winder up the middle 1st play every first and second half without fail.

theAPAOps5
02-11-2010, 12:07 PM
i dunno. I could live with a pennant in 97 and playoffs in 99. Without the snow, the rox were better than even money to knock martinez out.

I mean in terms of how they run the team. But heck they have produced results so who am I to judge.

watermock
02-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I never said every first down, I said ever half opening series.

Also, he averaged 3.6 YPC.

1982 23 DEN 23 8 2 67 259 1 18 3.9 32.4 8.4 11 83 7.5 0 22 1.4 10.4 342 1 1 3
1983 24 DEN RB 23 14 13 196 757 3 52 3.9 54.1 14.0 23 150 6.5 0 17 1.6 10.7 907 3 7 6
1984* 25 DEN RB 23 16 15 296 1153 4 24 3.9 72.1 18.5 44 288 6.5 2 21 2.8 18.0 1441 6 5 10
1985 26 DEN RB 23 14 12 199 714 8 42 3.6 51.0 14.2 31 197 6.4 0 24 2.2 14.1 911 8 4 6
1986* 27 DEN RB 23 16 15 240 789 9 31 3.3 49.3 15.0 26 171 6.6 5 20 1.6 10.7 960 14 2 6
1987 28 DEN RB 23 12 10 196 741 6 19 3.8 61.8 16.3 14 74 5.3 1 13 1.2 6.2 815 7 5 6
1988 29 DEN FB 23 16 12 149 543 4 35 3.6 33.9 9.3 17 103 6.1 1 14 1.1 6.4 646 5 1 5
1989 30 DEN 23 16 2 110 351 2 16 3.2 21.9 6.9 14 91 6.5 0 19 0.9 5.7 442 2 1 3
1990 31 DEN 23 15 2 42 120 2 19 2.9 8.0 2.8 17 145 8.5 0 17 1.1 9.7 265 2 2 2
Career 127 83 1495 5427 39 52 3.6 42.7 11.8 197 1302 6.6 9 24 1.6 10.3 6729 48 28 47

Houshyamama
02-11-2010, 12:17 PM

A voice of reason, finally. I was going to post just this ( but without all the specifics, nice work).

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I never said every first down, I said ever half opening series.

dude, he was quoting Pony Boy, not you. See this post from page one:

AZorange1
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
:welcome:Yep, we need old Dan Reeves running Winder or Wilhite up the middle for no gain on very freakin first down.. Thank God, Elway was the master at 2nd and long......

Ah C'mon, you know that's just not true. They usually got a good solid 1-yard and a yard and a half when they were really fired up.

baja
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
dude, he was quoting Pony Boy, not you. See this post from page one:

You should have figured it out by now, every post is directed toward Mock.

And he has 72,000 "Buy a vowel" responses to prove it. ;D

Requiem
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Who here could get Bowlen drunk enough to sell the team for a dollar? :yayaya:

Houshyamama
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM

Anyone with a couple handles of Jack...

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM

I'll drink that fella under the table.

I will provide the booze, we'll put 50c in each?

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
The right of first refusal doesn't exactly work that way. Whatever Bowlen offers to anyone else, he has to offer the same to Kaiser first. In other words, Bowlen can't demand $400 mil from Kaiser for 25% and simultaneously offer some other guy $200 mil for that same 25%. The terms have to be identical.

But isn't there a time limit? How long does Kaiser have rofr? Bowlen bought the team 20+ years ago.

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
But isn't there a time limit? How long does Kaiser have rofr? Bowlen bought the team 20+ years ago.

For as long as Bowlen owns the team. It was clarified during the suit Kaiser filed when Bowlen supposedly offered a piece of the ownership to Elway.

lostknight
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
The other thing is that the other Colorado sports franchises are becoming more vluable, and that actually does reduce the amount of dollars available to the Broncos. The Rockies have made the playoffs 2 out of the last three years, and have a world series showing. The Nuggets will take the NBA crown sooner or later. That puts competition for sports entertainment dollars. Especially given how much cheaper rockies tickets are.

Pat Bowlen
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
For those of you wondering, I accept PayPal.

PRBronco
02-11-2010, 01:53 PM

He's here! I was wondering when you'd show. Good to see the man himself :pimp:

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 01:59 PM

I'll give you three fitty.

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I'll give you three fitty.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/daoV-LsINiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/daoV-LsINiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SportinOne
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Not reading 4 pages... but has anyone made the connection between this rumor and the fact that a potentially high (cost) first round pick was traded for a second rounder last draft?

watermock
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
11 isn't that high, nor is 14 (gone).

Especially with an uncapped year.

DenverBrit
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Not reading 4 pages... but has anyone made the connection between this rumor and the fact that a potentially high (cost) first round pick was traded for a second rounder last draft?

Not so much the connection, but I did wonder at the time if getting a potential 1st rounder for second round money was a consideration.

Hopefully, he will show his worth this season.

broncosteven
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
LA Broncos sounds good

Bill is that you?

tsiguy96
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM

i think denver is too busy trying to give alphonso back. one of those "oh, my bad" things...

DBroncos4life
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
i think denver is too busy trying to give alphonso back. one of those "oh, my bad" things...

Colorado needs to pass a state law that can help us get out of that deal. The Vikings don't have to follow the NFL rules because of state laws. Ha!

cabronco
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Hello L.A. Stadium in Walnut !! http://www.ktla.com/media/thumbnails/story/2009-10/49152341-22103649.jpg

DBroncos4life
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Hello L.A. Stadium in Walnut !! http://www.ktla.com/media/thumbnails/story/2009-10/49152341-22103649.jpg

I will not follow the team to LA. I won't watch pro football till a team goes back to Denver.

Lev Vyvanse
02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
LA Broncos sounds good

Hey, welcome to the Mane.

P.S. I hope you die in a fire.

UberBroncoMan
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I could see Bowlen selling the team.

Why?

He's publicly stated that none of his kids want to take over the family business. If the Broncos die with him, he might as well sell now.

That is unless owning the Broncos and all the work that comes with it for him is worth it at his age.

If he loves owning the Broncos then selling the team is pointless.

Hogan11
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I will not follow the team to LA. I won't watch pro football till a team goes back to Denver.

If they ever left Denver, they'd leave me behind as well.

On the flipside, if they were ever sold, I'd hope whomever bought them would restore orange as the team's identity once again.

Flex Gunmetal
02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
The Nuggets just handed LA a beating at home last week. I dunno if Kobe played, or was hurt, but Kroenke is by far not a bad option.

And the Rockies were in the WS not too long ago.

Monforts own the Rockies, not Kroenke.
Buy a shoe, insert into mouth.

Paladin
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I wonder if Edgar Kaiser would be as good at owneship as Bowlen? He did get Elway here. And I recall he did not reallly spare any effort to get the tools needed to win. I am not sure why he sold the Broncos to Bowlen, but I seem to recall he had a reversal in his fortune of some sort.

The point is, the Broncso are not for sale. But I would not be concerned about the future of the team in Denver............

Dagmar
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Monforts own the Rockies, not Kroenke.
Buy a shoe, insert into mouth.

You are just asking for a "mock"ing of your username young man.

Punisher
02-12-2010, 05:25 AM
I hope we get traded to New Mexico

Dagmar
02-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2010 9:34 AM ET
We shared on Thursday a rumor that has been making the rounds (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/11/rumors-fly-that-broncos-are-available-for-purchase/) regarding the possible availability of the Denver Broncos.

According to Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post, the team "strongly refuted (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/02/11/broncos-not-for-sale/)" the rumor.

"The team is not for sale. The rumor is false," team COO Joe Ellis told Legwold.

Meanwhile, we're compelled to mention that Legwold -- whose item appears in an online blog maintained by the Denver Post -- resorted to the old-school, two-finger typing "internet report" label when referring to our story, without mentioning PFT or linking to the item.

And people actually still wonder why newspapers are dying.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/12/broncos-deny-rumor-that-team-is-for-sale/

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-12-2010, 06:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/12/broncos-deny-rumor-that-team-is-for-sale/

Florio's complaining about having it pointed out that his is an internet publication?

Whatever. Florio should get some **** right once in a while, add some credibility to the medium, and stop bitching about not getting respect until that happens.

It's gonna be a while.

dbfan21
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Florio's complaining about having it pointed out that his is an internet publication?

Whatever. Florio should get some **** right once in a while, add some credibility to the medium, and stop b****ing about not getting respect until that happens.

It's gonna be a while.

Rep! I totally agree. That guy is wrong more often than the weatherman.

vancejohnson82
02-12-2010, 08:19 AM
If Bowlen wanted to sell the team, he should of done us all of us a favor and himself and sold it in '07.

Now have lost all our coaches, the fan base is disilusioned, our draft was illconcieved, and the NFL is due a long, protracted labor struggle.

about 10% of the fanbase is disillusioned you asshole...

the problem is that they are all posting here