PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mane 7 round Mock Draft

JCMElway
02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey all,

This here is the official announcement for the Orange Mane Mock Draft. We did two drafts last year, but I'd like to fill up one draft with 32 participants first. Then we'll see if we have enough folks for a second mock. We probably will, because folks from the first mock can spill over and fill the second mock.

This thread is for a couple of things. First, I'd like everyone that wants to participate in the mock to give a shout out in this thread. I'll post this thread in the draft forum as well, so please post your interest in both threads, just to make sure I don't miss it. Also, please post how many mock drafts you have participated in on the Mane. I'm going to make that the priority listing for getting in the first draft. People who have done multiple mocks will have a better chance of getting in. If I need a tiebreaker, I will look at the join date on the Mane. Those who joined first get dibs.

The second reason for this post is to determine who gets what team. I've had some very unhappy drafters in the past not getting who they want, so I want to open a discussion here about the best way to award teams to drafters. I will probably go with a majority rules type of situation here. When we determine the 32 drafters in the first mock, I will look at the discussions and decide.

I'm going to try to make everyone happy during this mock, but you all know how that goes. It is a lofty goal, and probably unattainable, but I will do my best. Why do I put myself through this heartache every year you may ask? Because I love you knuckleheads, that's why. Even theDave and Hotrod.

I will be looking to start the draft at 8 AM the morning after the Scouting Combine ends. It worked pretty well last year.

So, it's officially on! Who wants to be in the mock draft 2010?

Interested list:
1. JCMElway
2. Jebures
3. DBroncos4life
4. NFLBRONCO
5. rohirrim
6. sirhcyennek81
7. Mediator
8. Killericon
9. the Dave
10. jhat01
11. thereverend
12. Zona
13. Eddie mac
14. Drek
15. Broncoman4ever
16. meangene
17. Carmello15
18. brncs fan
19. Florida Bronco
20. Anton
21. chickennob2
22. iforgotmypassword
23. twincititesbronco
24. Go Wyo
25. no-pseudo-fan
26. Coloradobuff
27. Ludo21
28. Expatfan
29. Arkie
30. iDenver
31. Chsuperstar
32. Dr. Fate

jebures
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I would love to be involved, I participated last year

I obviously would like the broncos, but if someone already picked them Id take the vikings

Hey all,

This here is the official announcement for the Orange Mane Mock Draft. We did two drafts last year, but I'd like to fill up one draft with 32 participants first. Then we'll see if we have enough folks for a second mock. We probably will, because folks from the first mock can spill over and fill the second mock.

This thread is for a couple of things. First, I'd like everyone that wants to participate in the mock to give a shout out in this thread. I'll post this thread in the draft forum as well, so please post your interest in both threads, just to make sure I don't miss it. Also, please post how many mock drafts you have participated in on the Mane. I'm going to make that the priority listing for getting in the first draft. People who have done multiple mocks will have a better chance of getting in. If I need a tiebreaker, I will look at the join date on the Mane. Those who joined first get dibs.

The second reason for this post is to determine who gets what team. I've had some very unhappy drafters in the past not getting who they want, so I want to open a discussion here about the best way to award teams to drafters. I will probably go with a majority rules type of situation here. When we determine the 32 drafters in the first mock, I will look at the discussions and decide.

I'm going to try to make everyone happy during this mock, but you all know how that goes. It is a lofty goal, and probably unattainable, but I will do my best. Why do I put myself through this heartache every year you may ask? Because I love you knuckleheads, that's why. Even theDave and Hotrod.

I will be looking to start the draft at 8 AM the morning after the Scouting Combine ends. It worked pretty well last year.

DBroncos4life
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I'll do it even though I have went and reviewed my older drafts and found out I would more then likely be fired by now. :rofl: PS I have been in 4 drafts.

JCMElway
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Cool, thanks Jeb. However, let's not worry about who wants what team at this point. All we need now is who wants in, and the best and most fair way to award teams.

And please post how many mock drafts you have done on the Mane before!

jebures
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Cool, thanks Jeb. However, let's not worry about who wants what team at this point. All we need now is who wants in, and the best and most fair way to award teams.

And please post how many mock drafts you have done on the Mane before!

I did one last year and have been voting in the consensus draft this year, plus I have actually written for a few websites as well about the draft. Ive been doing mocks since 1999.

Taco John
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey all,

Interested list:
1. JCMElway
2. Jebures
3. DBroncos4life

Just a thought, but I think the best way to choose teams is to draft them by order of forum join date.

Yo dawg, I herd you wanted a draft in your draft...

Taco John
02-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Except for maybe the first pick (the Broncos). Maybe that's a lottery, or awarded to someone somehow.

Taco John
02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Or you could give the Broncos pick to the community at large, and particular pick could run consensus style so everyone would get a fair shot to influence the discussion. That might be fun.

Just some ideas...

DBroncos4life
Except for maybe the first pick (the Broncos). Maybe that's a lottery, or awarded to someone somehow.

Make it the winner of Survivor. That way the ratings would go up for that ;D

NFLBRONCO
I'd like to play any teams you pick for me is cool.

I have done mocks for 3 out of 4 yrs

Rohirrim
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm in. !Booya!

Archer81
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Sure. I'd love to. I was in a mock draft last year. I was GB.

:Broncos:

Mediator12
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
You know I am in JCM. I have done 4.5 mocks as I took over PHI from Drek or someone I think 2 years ago. My draft record is also top notch. I think I have over 50% of my players drafted starting or participating in the sub package roles with starters snap counts. And, I will stick with the hard to draft team of INDY ;D

Killericon
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I dropped the ball last year, but I'd love to do it again!

Killericon
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I dropped the ball last year, but I'd love to do it again!

The Draft...Not dropping the ball. That won't happen again.

TheDave
02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm in... :thumbs:

jhat01
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I'd like to be involved this year. I've never done any OMane Mocks though.

ZONA
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah, count me in - bigtime.

TheReverend
02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Staking claim in Arizona again.

eddie mac
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Count the Irishman in please.

Drek
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
You know I am in JCM. I have done 4.5 mocks as I took over PHI from Drek or someone I think 2 years ago. My draft record is also top notch. I think I have over 50% of my players drafted starting or participating in the sub package roles with starters snap counts. And, I will stick with the hard to draft team of INDY ;D

Wasn't me. I haven't drafted for Philly before.

I'm game again JCM. Teams I've had:

2009 - Denver
2008 - Dallas
2007 - Chicago
2006 - Chicago

Prefer to go with a new organization this year, but however it works out and all that. ;P

BroncoMan4ever
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
i am in. did it last season and in to do it this year

meangene
02-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm in!

Carmelo15
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I did this last year and it was a lot of fun! Count me in as well!

brncs_fan
02-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Im in. Did both drafts last year and the previous year.

2009 A: Detroit
2009B: SD
2008: San Fran

Florida_Bronco
02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm solidly in. This will be year 4 for me. Drafted for the Lions every year and stepped in for the Titans in a separate mock last year.

I'd prefer to keep the Lions this year, but I'd willing to jump to any of the following, in no particular order: Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay and St. Louis.

Just a thought, but I think the best way to choose teams is to draft them by order of forum join date.

Yo dawg, I herd you wanted a draft in your draft...

I personally don't like that way because it doesn't breed much consistency. Some of us (myself included) like to draft for the same team year after year. In the past we've largely approached those who were in the previous draft and determined if they wanted to participate and if so, did they want the same team. When that was all sorted out, we'd open it up to newcomers and they would be able to pick the leftover teams.

Either way, I'll go along with the majority. I've done my work to rebuild the damn Lions. If it's time to move on to some other cellar-dweller, so be it. :)

anton
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I am in. Tampa Bay Buccaneers please.

chickennob2
02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
In. No previous OMane mock drafts, but I'm a close follower of the draft process (and work out hundreds of potential Bronco drafts in my head every year). I'd probably most prefer to draft for the Tennessee Titans, but am flexible.

iforgotmypassword
02-10-2010, 11:27 PM
ill be in it again, gimme seatle or washington if I can't have denver

Bronco Boy
02-11-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm down. Never done one on here before though.

JCMElway
02-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Bump

ColoradoBuff
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
My past teams

2009: SF 49ers
2008: Green Bay
2007: Jacksonville or Tennessee...can't remember.

I had the 49ers last year but if SoCal wants them I'd take the Texans!

ludo21
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
did both last year. Im in again

I had the Saints and Giants

BowlenBall
02-11-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm in. Drafted for the Steelers and 49ers last year, and the Saints in 2008. Also ran the UDFA round in 2008 and 2009, and would be willing to do it again this year.

As for team preferences -- I think Taco John's idea is pretty interesting, having a pre-draft draft and picking teams by order of join date (but still think the Broncos should be awarded via lottery).

Failing that, here's my order of team preference:
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
32. Bears (no 1st or 2nd round picks = no fun)

JCMElway
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
bump

jhat01
02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
bump

Do you have an idea when you are going to decide who gets in?

TheManeMan
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Man I miss these Mock Drafts...I remember SoCal and I trying to get everybody in order...glad the tradition is still alive! Great job guys! :militia:

brncs_fan
02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Are we just waiting on the three more to get the 32 people necessary or are we waiting a bit still?

iDENVER
02-12-2010, 09:45 PM
prolly no room but i would love to do this let me know if i can get in..any team

JCMElway
02-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Do you have an idea when you are going to decide who gets in?

jhat & brncsfan, I don't know. We have two slots left over and maybe, by some miracle, only 32 posters will want to participate. We started last year after the scouting combine, so March 3 at 8:00 AM will be the official start. I like the idea of shortening the first round, so we'll try a 12 hour clock for the whole deal and see how that goes.

I think I'll make the deadline for signing up for the draft day, the 20th of this month. At that time we will see how many have signed up.

JCMElway
02-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Some great points by Expat...

The solution, as always:

1) get your picks in early (don't use the full 12 hours);

2) check the site regularly if your pick is coming up; and

3) if you think you're going to be unavailable when it's your turn, PM your pick to someone else, so they can get it in for you.

And

A little more data for logistical planning:

1. The coin flip for draft order will be done during the combine, so no problems there.

2. The compensatory picks will be awarded at or after the NFL Annual Meeting, being held from March 21 to March 24 this year -- the first possible comp pick will be at #97 (end of the third round). We'll definitely be that far along by that date, so we might as well make plans in advance on how we'll deal with it.

Some of my thoughts....

1. Starting in the 5th round I'd like to go to a 6 hour clock. That will move things along and keep people checking the website often to see where their picks are.

2. As far as the comp picks go, if we hit those picks before they actually get rewarded, I say we take the best approximation of what those picks will be from the internet and use the best guess. That will keep us on track to finish by April 19, but still keep as close to the true selections in the actual draft as possible.

ChSuperStar
02-13-2010, 01:35 PM
never done this. but i would like to be in.

BowlenBall
02-14-2010, 03:58 AM
bump

JCMElway
02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
One more needed.

iDENVER
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
One more needed.

me? i would love to do it. any team

DrFate
02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
If there are any slots available I'll be happy to take one

JCMElway
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Everyone please check the list to make sure I got you on there. We should all be listed in the first post of this thread. If you want to participate and I have not put you on the list, please let me know about it ASAP.

I will keep an open sign-up available until the 20th of February at Midnight. The draft will have been posted long enough for folks to see by that point. Depending on how much overflow we have, I may try and get some drafters to be co-GMs, or start another draft. Who knows? I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

DBroncos4life
02-15-2010, 02:57 PM
JCMElway I have no problem working with someone on this so if there is a new guy that isn't going to get in have them PM me and we will work something out.

Florida_Bronco
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
JCM, what about the possibility of having text messages sent to members cell phones with draft updates? There are websites out there where you can create a mailing list type thing for cell phones and then you or one of the other commissioners could send out the updates when they became available.

Just a thought. Might help things move along quicker.

SoDak Bronco
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Not sure how I missed this until now, but I'd love to do it again this year. Let me know if there are any spots available.

Rohirrim
02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I assume I'll be drafting for the Broncos this year? :wiggle:

JCMElway
02-16-2010, 07:51 PM
1. JCMElway
2. Jebures
3. DBroncos4life
4. NFLBRONCO
5. rohirrim
6. sirhcyennek81
7. Mediator
8. Killericon
9. Sodak Bronco
10. jhat01
11. thereverend
12. Zona
13. Eddie mac
14. Drek
15. Broncoman4ever
16. meangene
17. Carmello15
18. brncs fan
19. Florida Bronco
20. Anton
21. chickennob2
22. iforgotmypassword
23. twincititesbronco
24. Go Wyo
25. no-pseudo-fan
26. Coloradobuff
27. Ludo21
28. Expatfan
29. Arkie
30. iDenver
31. Chsuperstar
32. Dr. Fate

JCMElway
02-18-2010, 11:09 PM
bump

JCMElway
02-20-2010, 06:46 PM
OK, these are the 32 entrants for the mock draft.

1. JCMElway
2. Jebures
3. 24champ
4. NFLBRONCO
5. rohirrim
6. sirhcyennek81
7. Mediator
8. Killericon
9. Sodak Bronco
10. jhat01
11. thereverend
12. Zona
13. Eddie mac
14. Drek
15. Broncoman4ever
16. meangene
17. Carmello15
18. brncs fan
19. Florida Bronco
20. Anton
21. chickennob2
22. iforgotmypassword
23. twincititesbronco
24. Go Wyo
25. no-pseudo-fan
26. Coloradobuff
27. Ludo21
28. Expatfan
29. Arkie
30. iDenver
31. Chsuperstar
32. Dr. Fate

As far as who gets what team goes, I would like everyone to please PM me with their five top choices for who to draft for. If no one chooses your top choice, fantastic. You've got them.

If there is someone who has chosen for a team 2 or three years running, I will give extra weight to that request.

After that, I'm going to award teams by post count. Highest post count gets their first choice. When we work our way down the list, if that person's top five team choices are not remaining, I will PM that person and ask them which team they would like to select from the ones that are remaining.

OK, let's get started. Please PM me your top 5 choices of teams to select for.

Oh, and if you have selected for the Broncos in a previous mock, I'm probably going to spread that privilege to someone who has not gotten to do so before.

JCMElway
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey all, I need 18 more of you to get me your team preferences. Don't make me PM you!!!!!!

JCMElway
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
17 more.

JCMElway
02-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Great! 15 more lists needed, and I can assign teams!

BowlenBall
02-22-2010, 03:00 AM
bump -- get those team preferences in, boys, I wanna see who I'm picking for!

no-pseudo-fan
02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Mine is in. Can not wait to get my team. Need to make sure I have all the info on my team so I can represent them as well as possible.

ColoradoBuff
02-22-2010, 09:05 AM
just sent mine in!

JCMElway
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey all, just had someone drop out. We need one more team for the draft. Please post here or PM me!

**edit** 24champ is stepping up. But if you wanna co-draft with someone, let me know.

JCMElway
02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
OK, here are the owners that need to PM me with their team preferences.

11. thereverend

21. chickennob2

27. Ludo21

JCMElway
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
OK, three left and I can award teams.

jebures
02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
OK, three left and I can award teams.

give them whatever is left, they have had enough time

JCMElway
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Meh, I'll give them until Thursday afternoon. We don't start this thing until after the combine.

no-pseudo-fan
02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Can not wait to get my team...I love football

BowlenBall
02-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Meh, I'll give them until Thursday afternoon. We don't start this thing until after the combine.

It's like waiting for Christmas....

iDENVER
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
please assign teams today the wait is killing me lol

Carmelo15
02-25-2010, 11:46 AM
It's like waiting for Christmas....

The anticipation is killing me. Its more like waiting for the results from an STD clinic. :pray:

no-pseudo-fan
02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
The anticipation is killing me. Its more like waiting for the results from an STD clinic. :pray:

Maybe not like that.

That is a bad news/ bad news thing.

Bad news....You have VD

or

Bad news....You don't have and VD that we have heard of and We don't know why your ... is...

ColoradoBuff
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Did everyone get their teams in JCM?

Carmelo15
02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Maybe not like that.

That is a bad news/ bad news thing.

Bad news....You have VD

or

Bad news....You don't have and VD that we have heard of and We don't know why your ... is...

:giggle: true. good point

JCMElway
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey all, had some complications today and got derailed. Teams will be selected tonight, around 12 midnight CST. Sorry for the delay.....

BroncosSouth
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I'll co-draft with whoever has the Texans, if that's OK

no-pseudo-fan
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
12 cst

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.weideland.com/bier/bierontour/countdown.gif

no-pseudo-fan
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
ok, i now call dibbs on the broncos

JCMElway
02-26-2010, 12:52 AM
OK here it is. I tried to get everyone something they requested. When that did not work I went to post count to determine who got what.

And no one complains about their selection this year. I sacrificed and stuck myself with the Chorfs this year. Yech.

1 - 1 St. Louis Rams -- Drek
1 - 2 Detroit Lions -- Florida Bronco
1 - 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Anton
1 - 4 Washington Redskins -- DrFate
1 - 5 Kansas City Chiefs -- JCMElway
1 - 6 Seattle Seahawks -- No-Pseudo-Fan
1 - 7 Cleveland Browns -- Arkie
1 - 8 Oakland Raiders -- Jebures
1 - 9 Buffalo Bills -- Sodak Bronco
1 - 10/11 Denver Broncos(from Chicago) -- Rohirrim
1 - 10/11 Jacksonville Jaguars -- Coloradobuff
1 - 12 Miami Dolphins -- NFLBRONCO
1 - 13 San Francisco 49ers -- Carmello15
1 - 14 Seattle Seahawks(from Denver) -- no-pseudo-fan
1 - 15 New York Giants -- Ludo21
1 - 16/17 San Francisco 49ers(from Carolina) -- Carmello15
1 - 16/17 Tennessee Titans -- Chickennob
1 - 18 Pittsburgh Steelers -- Expatfan
1 - 19/20 Atlanta Falcons -- jhat
1 - 19/20 Houston Texans -- 24champ
1 - 21 Cincinnati Bengals -- Zona
1 - 22 New England Patriots -- Eddie Mac
1 - 23 Green Bay Packers -- Broncoman4ever
1 - 24 Philadelphia Eagles -- GoWyo
1 - 25 Baltimore Ravens -- iDenver
1 - 26 Arizona Cardinals -- Thereverend
1 - 27 Dallas Cowboys -- Meangene
1 - 28 San Diego Chargers -- Brncs Fan
1 - 29 New York Jets -- Chsuperstar
1 - 30 Minnesota Vikings -- Twincitiesbronco
1 - 31 Indianapolis Colts -- Mediator
1 - 32 New Orleans Saints -- Iforgotmypassword
Carolina Panthers -- sirhcyennek81
Chicago Bears -- Killericon

JCMElway
02-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Oh, and sorry I ran a bit late. Wanted to make sure I was being as fair and as thorough as possible.

anton
02-26-2010, 01:07 AM
yes! i got my team. i knew it was worth it to stay up.

Carmelo15
02-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Oh, and sorry I ran a bit late. Wanted to make sure I was being as fair and as thorough as possible.

Greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting this thing rolling!

24champ
02-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Sweet, got my first choice team.

Houston's 8 draft picks...

Round 1-
19/20
Round 2-
50/51
Round 3-
81/83
Round 4-
114/115
Round 5-
145/146
Round 6-
177/179
Round 7-
210/211

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Sweet...I am going to be active

Drek
02-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Just a heads up to everyone until we have an official OM Mock Draft Trade thread setup:

The 1st overall selection is up for trade. Point value is set at 3000 the infamous draft chart, but I'll take anything at or above 2700, assuming someone else doesn't offer more.

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 06:47 AM
I got the Broncos! Hoooyah! !Booya!

I want my #14 pick back....

I kid. ;D

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Just a heads up to everyone until we have an official OM Mock Draft Trade thread setup:

The 1st overall selection is up for trade. Point value is set at 3000 the infamous draft chart, but I'll take anything at or above 2700, assuming someone else doesn't offer more.

~crickets~

Ha!

eddie mac
02-26-2010, 07:11 AM
What to do with 3 2nd rd picks.

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 07:25 AM
I got the Broncos! Hoooyah! !Booya!

I want my #14 pick back....

I kid. ;D

I would love to give it to you for ... IDK...Alphonso Smith

:rofl:

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I would love to give it to you for ... IDK...Alphonso Smith

:rofl:

Okay. Deal!

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 07:55 AM

That is an amazing position to be in for this draft. I really hate the Pats. ;D

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 08:06 AM

They also have 2 1st's next year.

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Okay. Deal!

LOL

I wish I could, for real.

I will rep the Seahawks best I can.

jebures
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Well I have the Raiders, so just call me crazy Al. Whoever has the fastest 40 time is my guy, j/k. But I will keep speed in mind when deciding between a few guys just to keep it unpredictable like the raiders

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 08:50 AM
LOL

I wish I could, for real.

I will rep the Seahawks best I can.

Just think like Pete Carroll. Ha!

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Just think like Pete Carroll. Ha!

I am going to try not to think and sing fight songs before my picks.

BowlenBall
02-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Trade them all for my #1 pick (18 overall).

eddie mac
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM

I've heard through the grapevine that they're also due a minimum of 3 comp picks, possibly 4 this year, no high ones though.

ColoradoBuff
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Jacksonville is open to trading the 10th pick

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Seattle is open to trading up or down from 6 and 14.

Carmelo15
02-26-2010, 02:13 PM
The 49ers are open to trading up or down from #13 & #17 as well.

NFLBRONCO
02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Miami is open to moving down from 12.

jebures
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Oakland is willing to move down from # 8 as well

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Question: how would one of these mock trades go down? Who do we send it to?

24champ
02-26-2010, 03:39 PM

If you come to a trade agreement with another team, you send the trade proposal's to JCMElway via PM, and he will verify it and make it official.

Florida_Bronco
02-26-2010, 03:39 PM

You and your trade partner work it out, and when it's done you just send it to JCM or one of the other posters who are running the draft so they can make the changes in the draft order.

24champ
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I think the draft value chart isn't applicable to the OM mock draft, since it seems everyone and their mom is looking to trade down. Thus, bringing the value of the 1st round picks down.

no-pseudo-fan
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
You and your trade partner work it out, and when it's done you just send it to JCM or one of the other posters who are running the draft so they can make the changes in the draft order.

Just want to make sure.

I am going to go all Gordon Gekko

http://www.9x.se/images/news/wall-street.jpg

meangene
02-26-2010, 04:46 PM
The Cowboys are looking to trade Marion Barber to move up in round one (depending on whether certain players are available) or, possibly, straight up for a draft pick.

24champ
02-26-2010, 05:02 PM
The Cowboys are looking to trade Marion Barber to move up in round one (depending on whether certain players are available) or, possibly, straight up for a draft pick.

Can't trade players only picks.

ChSuperStar
02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I have 5 picks in 7 rounds for my team (NY Jets). Ok i am off to sleep mode.

ChSuperStar
02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Offers invited for a move down from 1st round Pick No 29 to anywhere between Pick No 36-45.

Archer81
02-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Carolina...interesting...

Carmelo15
02-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Bump

ZONA
02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I think what we should do is have every team submit a "Big Board" to JCM in the next week or 2 since the combine is over and what we can do is use that as a consensus "Big Board" to evaluate the available players. This could be used as the baseline on which we judge who was able to get the most best players on the board, rather then just leaving it to open interpretation of the players.

What do you guys think of that? Say, give like the top 10 players you like at all positions. Then JCM can look at all the lists submited by each team and make a single Big Board from that. But that single Big Board won't be shown to anybody until after the draft and you can see how you did compared to everybody else based on the general consensus of which players most people thought were the best.

Killericon
02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Chicago is open to moving down.

Also, I'm down for doing a Big Board.

Archer81
02-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I think what we should do is have every team submit a "Big Board" to JCM in the next week or 2 since the combine is over and what we can do is use that as a consensus "Big Board" to evaluate the available players. This could be used as the baseline on which we judge who was able to get the most best players on the board, rather then just leaving it to open interpretation of the players.

What do you guys think of that? Say, give like the top 10 players you like at all positions. Then JCM can look at all the lists submited by each team and make a single Big Board from that. But that single Big Board won't be shown to anybody until after the draft and you can see how you did compared to everybody else based on the general consensus of which players most people thought were the best.

Lucky for you spring break is coming up in a few weeks...otherwise I like it.

JCMElway
02-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey all, remember that we start Wed the 3rd at 8:00 AM with a 12 hour clock.

And if folks wanna do the big board thing I am cool with taking your lists. Please email those to JCMElway@yahoo.com.

Archer81
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Carolina will listen to offers on any player on the roster. The Panthers, ran by me, have also placed the franchise tag on Peppers. Make it good.

brncs_fan
02-28-2010, 10:01 PM
The Chargers are filling out their board as we speak. Not that it is any big surprise where the Chargers need help/depth.

Florida_Bronco
02-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Carolina will listen to offers on any player on the roster. The Panthers, ran by me, have also placed the franchise tag on Peppers. Make it good.

You can only trade draft picks

brncs_fan
02-28-2010, 10:06 PM

The Chargers are looking to trade Sproles and will entertain offers at this time ;)

Archer81
02-28-2010, 10:15 PM

Players for picks?

ZONA
03-01-2010, 03:25 AM
OK, so JCM is willing to look over every submitted "Big Board" that is emailed to him and from those lists, he will make a single new "Big Board" by taking the players that are highest on each list (ranking them so to speak). This will be the Big Board we all refer to when the draft is over so we can see how we did, in terms of how many of the top players we were able to land. And of course, that should not be the only factor in how well your draft went, we do have to factor in team needs as well. But at least this will give us some type of barometer for the player grade (regardless of team needs) to help determine the over all draft grade, and ultimately, the winner.

These are the player positions. Pretty straight forward. We all have to submit our Big Boards using these positions or it will be chaos.

Let's say you have to have your Big Board finished in 3 weeks, so that JMS has enough time to go through all of them and make the final Big Board.

QB (Quarterback)
C (Center)
OG (Offensive Guard)
OT (Offensive Tackle)
TE (Tight End)
WR (Wide Receiver)
RB (Running Back)
FB (Full Back)

DT (Defensive Tackle)
DE (Defensive End)
ILB (Inside Line Backer)
OLB (Outside Line Backer)
CB (Corner Back)
S (Safety)
K (Kicker)
P (Punter)

Drek
03-01-2010, 04:20 AM

FYI: every year people have just waited until after the draft and done a plus/minus on where their guys went in the real draft versus where they where selected, to get an aggregate score, seems to work pretty well.

Think it was Kaylore who first put it together.

Bronco Boy
03-01-2010, 07:06 AM
FYI: every year people have just waited until after the draft and done a plus/minus on where their guys went in the real draft versus where they where selected, to get an aggregate score, seems to work pretty well.

That makes a lot more sense than making a "big board" to me.

no-pseudo-fan
03-01-2010, 12:25 PM
So this is starting 8am on Wednesday?

Rohirrim
03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Hopefully we give the FA market a couple of days to reorder the draft order. Last year it was bogus that some teams picked up extra picks through FA but weren't allowed them in our mock because we started too early. We should at least wait until Sunday.

24champ
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM

I like that as well, I think making a "big board" is a waste of time.

ZONA
03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
We don't have to do Big Boards, just thought it would help. I'm doing my own because I want to know who is who, not just look at some ESPN mock draft and use somebody else's evaluations.

So is this 8AM MST? And is it THIS Wed?

Rohirrim
03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
We don't have to do Big Boards, just thought it would help. I'm doing my own because I want to know who is who, not just look at some ESPN mock draft and use somebody else's evaluations.

So is this 8AM MST? And is it THIS Wed?

I do it by position so I can eliminate (for example) one-gapper DTs who wouldn't be able to play in a 3/4 or LBs who are just too small. I don't really do a big board.

jebures
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
That makes a lot more sense than making a "big board" to me.

agreed

GoHAM
03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Not a big fan of the Big Board. Much prefer the real/mock differential point system. Making a Big Board is frankly too much time and effort for me as there are certain positions I'm not investing any time into.

JCMElway
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes, 8 AM CST on Wednesday. I will post a new thread in the Draft Forum tomorrow.

anton
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
2 questions:

how long do we have to make each pick?

can we do trades DURING the draft?

24champ
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
can we do trades DURING the draft?

Yes, as long as they are picks.

anton
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Sweet. To everyone picking in the 2nd half of round 1: the Bucs are interested in moving back into the 1st rd if the right player is there and I have 2 2nds and a high 3rd to play around with.

BowlenBall
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Sweet. To everyone picking in the 2nd half of round 1: the Bucs are interested in moving back into the 1st rd if the right player is there and I have 2 2nds and a high 3rd to play around with.

http://recoveringperfectionist.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/montyhall-772152.jpeg

JCMElway
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
12 hours for each pick.

ZONA
03-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but why are we having the draft on a Wednesday, the middle of the work week? Most of us are in rush hour traffic at 8AM Wednesday morning. Why are we not doing this on the weekend, when most of us have the days off? Just curious.

24champ
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but why are we having the draft on a Wednesday, the middle of the work week? Most of us are in rush hour traffic at 8AM Wednesday morning. Why are we not doing this on the weekend, when most of us have the days off? Just curious.

The mock draft starts after the combine is over.

As JCM stated, everyone gets 12 hours to pick, which is plenty of time to make a selection.

ZONA
03-02-2010, 02:29 AM
The mock draft starts after the combine is over.

As JCM stated, everyone gets 12 hours to pick, which is plenty of time to make a selection.

So basically, just keep checking here every 30 minutes or so to make sure when your time comes to pick, that you're not holding everybody up, right?

Drek
03-02-2010, 03:44 AM

These mock drafts run for the better part of a month, initially they used to start well before the combine so that we could be sure to get it done before the draft. We've since moved it to the day after the combine since that does play a huge role in people's selections (combine numbers as well as injuries that pop up).

If you aren't here to make your pick within 30 minutes of the previous selection ending no one is going to bust your balls. You're fully entitled to your 12 hour window and even regular posters on this board often make full use of it exploring trades. You can generally not worry too much about checking in to make your pick until we're within 2 or 3 spots of your selection, and if its something where you don't think you'll be available for it you can always PM your choice in to JCM who'll put it up when your turn starts.

You have the Bengals so chances are you won't be making your pick until the weekend anyways. We've had some mocks that just scream through the first round but generally after the excitement of the first 5-10 picks someone decides to sit on a mid-1st trying to deal back or forgets to make their pick and we start running full 12 hour cycles more frequently.

If someone misses their 12 hour turn the next person is immediately on the clock, and that is why its important to include the time (with time zone) for when you made your pick. If someone gets skipped for exceeding their time limit they can still pick at any time, but just like in the real draft if you pull a Vikings then you got to pick from who's left.

Mediator12
03-02-2010, 07:29 AM
I think Rohirrim hit the nail on the head about FA and needs. I think we should wait until the MON after this weekend to start since FA starts FRI mar 5th. It will impact the drafts of teams who pick early if they fill a major need the first weekend of FA, it will also allow teams to think about what teams are going after if they place offers on RFA's or the trade rumors start flying.

I could start any time since INDY is NOT going to be a player in FA with the new rules and only possibly would do some trades for the right players. However, I think to be fair to the guys with early picks, we should start MON not tomorrow.

Sorry to do this so late, but I have been very active this weekend with the combine stuff. Speaking of which, gotta go.

JCMElway
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
We start the day after the combine in order to get all of the picks in and have time to do a free agent round before the actual draft in April. Last year we were very tight coming down to the wire, and the combine was a week earlier. So, we start the day after the combine to get as much info as we can and still finish on time.

What day of the week we actually start is kinda moot because the draft runs continuously over the next couple of months anyway. You don't need to check in every half hour, but a couple times a day to see if you're getting close. If you are close and you might not be near a PC when your pick comes up, just send a priority list to me, Eddie Mac, or expatfan to get your pick in on time. We will be checking the site frequently to moderate the draft.

As far as the free agency period, I think we need to start tomorrow. There will be only a few drafters that will be inconvenienced by free agency, and I want to make sure we have a decent amount of time to do the UDFA period this year. As far as those free agents go, just watch the news and see if your team is interested in a player. If they are, maybe you draft away from that position. We can't exactly simulate reality. There will always be instances of players signing late or teams doing unexpected personnel moves.

BowlenBall
03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Gotta agree with JCM on this one... we actually didn't complete our drafts last year, and had to move into a "chinese fire drill" phase just to get the 7th round in -- and we've got a week less to work with this year.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter -- most of us are doing the mock draft to show what great judges of talent we are, so just make the best pick you can with the information you have available.

Besides, I'm ready to get this thing going! Got a few sleepers and pocket picks that I wanna bust out with as soon as possible....

Drek
03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Just a heads up:

Still open to trades for the 1st overall pick, but I'll be PM'ing my selection to JCM tomorrow morning around 0500 CST, so if anyone is interested in a trade up (some have asked about pricing, no follow ups as of yet) let me know before then, I will NOT be sitting on the clock waiting to make the pick when I already know my choice if I'm picking at #1, going to kick this thing off with some speed this year.

anton
03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I would make you an offer as the Bucs but I am trying to be realistic. In real life, the Bucs' cheap owners would never trade up and pay #1 money.

Drek
03-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I would make you an offer as the Bucs but I am trying to be realistic. In real life, the Bucs' cheap owners would never trade up and pay #1 money.

1. Its a mock draft where the financial considerations basically don't really come into play.

2. #3 isn't much cheaper.

;D