PDA

View Full Version : DT Dan Williams Videos (Senior Bowl and Season)

anton
02-09-2010, 05:11 PM
The current favorite for pick #10/11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXwHk8OG5FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXwHk8OG5FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlpTXHZuDQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlpTXHZuDQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Wherever Williams is the line either goes backwards or sideways. Never downfield. He seems to make a big play about every four or five downs. The Broncos could really use this kind of force in the middle.

2KBack
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
damn that guy looks strong. I never once saw him controlled by the oline, he always dictated the action.

gyldenlove
02-09-2010, 08:44 PM
He has good hustle and he does very well moving laterally against the run to seal off lanes and force the play. He doesn't seem to have the upper body strength to really dominate against the pass, but he looks like a great run defender.

watermock
02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I'd rather have Alphonzo.

Carmelo15
02-09-2010, 10:33 PM
No wonder why he's so good at stoppin the run. Dude has some tree trunk clydesdale legs!

misturanderson
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
If he's still around at #10/11 I think we have to take him barring some miraculous drop of Suh, McCoy or Berry. The only other options would be Bradford or Clausen if they're around and we want them.

Los Broncos
02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
He looks good, he always seems to control the blocker.

We sure could use someone like him inside.

Doggcow
02-10-2010, 12:58 AM
He's the big fat one in the very middle playing NT right? Seemed like he got blocked off the Point of Attack by the Guard/Center 1v1 most of the time to me?

I never once saw him absorbing multiple blockers... Isn't that the NTs job?

DO NOT WANT.

Just posting this for future reference.

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2010, 01:03 AM
He's the big fat one in the very middle playing NT right? Seemed like he got blocked off the Point of Attack by the Guard/Center 1v1 most of the time to me?

DO NOT WANT.

I wondered that myself not impressed.

SouthStndJunkie
02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
I think 10/11 is a little bit of a reach for Dan Williams.

He seems like more of a 20th to 30th pick in the 1st round talent.

The last thing we need to do is reach for need at 10/11.

A little too much of a 'bust' risk to be taken in the Top 10.

Broncoman13
02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
The way this draft is shaking out, we could have a chance at Cody in the 3rd. I doubt he will fall quite that low, but if he shows up at the combine at 375+ who knows.

We could go Dez Bryant #1, Iupati #1b (BMarsh), Brandon Spikes #2, and Terrence Cody #3.

gunns
02-10-2010, 06:53 AM
As thin as this draft is at NT and the fact we need a NT, he's the best at this position. Take him.

manchambo
02-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Does no one here remember what happened last time this team picked Dan Williams?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I'd rather have Alphonzo.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Kx2FCi4e5dk/RdzENvw2srI/AAAAAAAAALM/CXEFErR0i8I/s320/peterpan_butter.jpg

misturanderson
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM

DO NOT WANT.

Watch the first video at 0:36 and again at 1:34. He absorbs a double team perfectly in short yardage.

I'm not sure where you saw him get handled by 1 player, he was always pushing into the backfield when he wasn't double teamed.

Great13
02-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Watch the first video at 0:36 and again at 1:34. He absorbs a double team perfectly in short yardage.

I'm not sure where you saw him get "handled" by 1 player, he was always pushing into the backfield when he wasn't double teamed.

And I know for a fact Iupati was in on one of those double teams.. and Williams didn't budge. I was skeptical at first about this potential pick. But I've done my research, and I'd be satisfied with this guy at 10/11.

Rohirrim
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Williams dominated at the Senior Bowl and he benches 500. Dan Williams! Come on down!

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I have been wanting Dan Williams since about week 4 of college Football . but dang that is high.... I would almost rather get picket as a UFA and draft Iupati that high.

SSJ is right

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Oh and to the poster that said Williams cannot rush the passer you are brain dead .

Pick Six
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
As thin as this draft is at NT and the fact we need a NT, he's the best at this position. Take him.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement LOL You're right, though. He definitely fills a need...

DenverBrit
02-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Trading down to get him would work.

He's be a nice fit at NT, but based on his scouting reports and every mock I've seen, he's a pick around 20.

But as Gunns points out, it is a weak NT class and this years FA will be tough.

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 10:44 AM

He's be a nice fit at NT, but based on his scouting reports and every mock I've seen, he's a pick around 20.

this is one of the best years ever sorry to rain on you parade:wave:

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
were the Draft is weakest and were the most need is in the UFA's is OG and OC .

The Bears were in real trouble here as well .

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
the broncos biggest needs are at LG and OC.

PRBronco
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM

I dunno if it's that weak of a NT class. I'm trying to think of who there was in the last couple of years, but Williams, Cody and Cam Thomas are a very strong top 3 at the position.

DenverBrit
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
this is one of the best years ever sorry to rain on you parade:wave:

We must be reading different scouting reports.

gtown
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
He looks pretty good and looks like he is built to play the position, but I don't see that spectacular playmaking ability that BJ Raji had last year. I believe Raji went 9th last year. I would rather McClain at the 11th spot because we need BPA at several positions. Williams seems to be a bit of a reach here.

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Linval Joseph of East Carlina is a damn fine player .

thing is you need to look at UFA's first and I see help at NT there for the Broncos .

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
We must be reading different scouting reports.

this Is a year of all years for DT's even at NT . when you add in the UFA's

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Picket Should be the first person the Broncos should target March 5

DenverBrit
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I dunno if it's that weak of a NT class. I'm trying to think of who there was in the last couple of years, but Williams, Cody and Cam Thomas are a very strong top 3 at the position.

There's plenty of good DTs, but most scouts seems to see less talent at NT.

Williams, until recently was seen as a 2nd round pick, now he's seen more like a 1st, around 20th or lower in most mocks.

Cody has dropped off because of weight issues.

Not sure who, other than Williams, is seen a first round NT.

Mayock's top 5 DTs have only one NT, Williams.

1 Gerald McCoy

2 Ndamukong Suh

3 Jared Odrick

4 Dan Williams

5 Lamarr Houston

DenverBrit
02-10-2010, 11:14 AM
this Is a year of all years for DT's even at NT . when you add in the UFA's

I thought we were talking NTs. DTs are a different story.

Because of the potential uncapped year, quality NTs won't be going far.

PRBronco
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
There's plenty of good DTs, but most scouts seems to see less talent at NT.

Williams, until recently was seen as a 2nd round pick, now he's seen more like a 1st, around 20th or lower in most mocks.

Cody has dropped off because of weight issues.

Not sure who, other than Williams, is seen a first round NT.

Mayock's top 5 DTs have only one NT, Williams.

1 Gerald McCoy

2 Ndamukong Suh

3 Jared Odrick

4 Dan Williams

5 Lamarr Houston

Yeah I mean guys who project purely as 3-4 NTs. (they don't usually go in the first round, although they probably should). I refuse to believe Cody is actually dropping that far. Talentwise he's the best nose tackle in the draft, teams just need to determine how hard he's willing to work. Popular opinion seems to be that Cam Thomas has played himself into the 2nd round after a strong senior bowl.

PRBronco
02-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Picket Should be the first person the Broncos should target March 5

I don't see Green Bay letting him get away :( This uncapped thing is going to be a drag.

elsid13
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Even for NT, this a good draft.

In latter rounds you will be able to find guys like

1. Boo Robinson Wake Forest
2. Troup - Central Florida
3. Linval Joseph ECU
4. Al Woods -LSU
5. Travis Ivey Maryland
6. Martin Tevaseu UNLV
7. Ekom Udofia -Stanford
8. Kade Weston UGA
9. DeMarcus Granger OU
10 Kellen Heard Memphis

All well over the 320 mark and have the ability to play the nose.

Traveler
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Linval Joseph Video:

Edit: coming soon...

Zoobie
02-10-2010, 11:27 AM
im a BPA guy through and through. Just because we need a NT is not a good enough reason to be reaching. There will be much greater talents to be had. If not then trade back and gather some picks.

PRBronco
02-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Even for NT, this a good draft.

In latter rounds you will be able to find guys like

1. Boo Robinson Wake Forest
2. Troup - Central Florida
3. Linval Joseph ECU
4. Al Woods -LSU
5. Travis Ivey Maryland
6. Martin Tevaseu UNLV
7. Ekom Udofia -Stanford
8. Kade Weston UGA
9. DeMarcus Granger OU
10 Kellen Heard Memphis

All well over the 320 mark and have the ability to play the nose.

Troup! That's the guy I was trying to think of it. He's shaped like a box, like Vince Wilfork :)

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Picket will not be signed by Green bay . You act like teams can spend when they cannot . The owners want to spend way less on FA's and want a tight hold of the player they have on there own team . they want ticket prices to drop . this means that players are in for way less .

DenverBrit
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Picket will not be signed by Green bay . You act like teams can spend when they cannot . The owners want to spend way less on FA's and want a tight hold of the player they have on there own team . they want ticket prices to drop . this means that players are in for way less .

I thought I said that. ;D

cmhargrove
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM

DO NOT WANT.

You must be watching an entirely different film than I did. I saw a guy who understands very well how to play the NT position.

• I only saw him give up a yard or so at the LOS on a couple plays - even when taking on double teams from blue chip talent.
• He understands how to keep his shoulders parallel to the LOS and always keeps the play in front of him.
• He understands how to disengage from his block to either make the tackle or force the run to another defender.
• Good pursuit for a big guy.
• Does a good job of "smelling blood" and finishing a play quickly.

What you may have seen several times is him being chased / pushed laterally by the O-lineman after he disengaged from the block and was pursuing the play. However, I never saw him "lose" at the LOS when that was his goal.

You may not think he is worth the 10/11, but this kid will make a fine 3-4 nose tackle. He can play good ball, and won't take a "coaching miracle" to make a good transition to the NFL.

We may find another NT, but this guy will be a worthy first rounder.

Requiem
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM

You've said this in multiple threads. You could really stop stating the draft is thin at the NT position. It's one of the best defensive tackle classes in ages, with many of them experienced at NT or capable of playing the position. Stop tossing **** at the wall.

ZONA
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
the broncos biggest needs are at LG and OC.

Yup, and add NT to that list.

That's why I think trading down is best. You could land Iupati a little bit further down in round 1, pick up an additional 2nd round pick. Take a MBL with our 2nd pick and trade our extra 2nd round pick for two 3rd round picks. That would give us 3 3rd round picks, we use the first one on Cody, the second one on Walton and then the last one on whoever. That takes care of NT, OG, C and MLB plus another player, all before we get to round 4 where you just hope to find a diamond in the rough.

~Crash~
02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Yup, and add NT to that list.

That's why I think trading down is best. You could land Iupati a little bit further down in round 1, pick up an additional 2nd round pick. Take a MBL with our 2nd pick and trade our extra 2nd round pick for two 3rd round picks. That would give us 3 3rd round picks, we use the first one on Cody, the second one on Walton and then the last one on whoever. That takes care of NT, OG, C and MLB plus another player, all before we get to round 4 where you just hope to find a diamond in the rough.

thing is NT with the FA and Draft should not be a problem for us even if we take a NT in the 2nd round ! but if you wait on OG and don't take one in the first we are going to be screwed !

~Crash~
02-22-2010, 12:43 PM
In a perfect world we trade down and take a G then pick up a extra 2 round pick then take a C then the other 2 round pick a NT.

and that is after we pick up the best NT in FA ! that would go a long ways in fixing the team .

yerner
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
No way this dude is the best guy when the Broncos pick. Way too high for him. Has some potential though.

oubronco
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
NT's and DT's are takin early and often every year in the draft and this year will be no different if you think the best ones will be there in the late 1st or second your crazy

~Crash~
02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
NT's and DT's are takin early and often every year in the draft and this year will be no different if you think the best ones will be there in the late 1st or second your crazy

I never said the best one would be there in the 2nd . but I am talking bang for buck . there will be some damn fine NT's still sitting there for a NFL team in the 2nd round there will be not a hole lot left at the G postion ...and if we do not get a Center really early in the 2nd we are scewed !

Requiem
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
It is not a weak class at DT or NT. People who are saying that are full of ****.

~Crash~
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
you need to look at it as what will fill all the holes our are we talking get the best then wait a year to fill the rest of the holes.

I like Linval Joseph ECU almost as much as Williams !

now tell me another Guard or Center you like as much or even close as Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey . If we played our cards right we could get

1 Mike Iupati
2 a Maurkice Pouncey
2 b Linval Joseph ECU

DenverBrit
02-26-2010, 07:57 AM
You've said this in multiple threads. You could really stop stating the draft is thin at the NT position. It's one of the best defensive tackle classes in ages, with many of them experienced at NT or capable of playing the position. Stop tossing **** at the wall.

Which players have you been reading about who grade out as NT's in a 3-4??

This is a very strong DT class, but as only two college teams play a 3-4, it's a very thin class for NT's......as it is every year.

This is a pretty good summary, though it ignores Cody as an NT for some reason.

Defensive linemen in general are tough to find, especially for 3-4 defenses. This draft, there are more defensive linemen than any draft I can remember in really 26 years I’ve been doing this. It's not only depth but the quality of that depth as well."

But of those quality defensive tackles, only two -- Dan Williams of Tennessee and North Carolina's Cam Thomas -- project as obvious 3-4 nose tackles, because of their size and specific abilities. Beyond that, Rang said, it's a guessing game.

http://sea.scout.com/2/949280.html

Cool Breeze
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Six players given franchise tag before deadline
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>GA_googleFillSlot(gam_section+"_300x250-2");</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?correlator=1267197155903&output=json_html&callback=GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync&impl=s&a2ids=wyUQ%2C2ZQw%2C2Ddw&cids=OPcvS8%2COUQXf8%2COTkDcc&client=ca-pub-5153435729228080&slotname=news_300x250-2&page_slots=news_468x60%2Cnews_dynamic%2Cnews_728x9 0%2Cnews_300x250-2&cookie=ID%3D477b8b250c336063%3AT%3D1267197154%3AS% 3DALNI_MZcz6-OT-c4EVrCs2BeTzwlpQOQJA&cookie_enabled=1&ga_vid=29511649.1267197156&ga_sid=1267197156&ga_hid=2055486709&ga_fc=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballweekly.com%2F2010% 2F02%2F26%2Fsix-players-given-franchise-tag-before-deadline-2&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%2Fsearch%3 Faq%3Df%26um%3D1%26cf%3Dall%26ned%3Dus%26hl%3Den%2 6q%3Dryan%2BPicket&lmt=1267197153&dt=1267197157778&cc=100&biw=1666&bih=841&ifi=4&oe=utf-8&u_tz=-420&u_his=3&u_java=true&u_h=1050&u_w=1680&u_ah=1020&u_aw=1680&u_cd=32&flash=10.0.42.34"></SCRIPT>

<!--end float--><!-- Story body -->Posted Feb. 26, 2010 @ 12:03 a.m.
By PFW staff
Six players were given the franchise tag by their teams before the 4 p.m. EST deadline Thursday, including three nose tackles, two placekickers and one defensive end.
With the NT position in a 3-4 defense considered difficult to fill, and the tender amount considered reasonable in that context, nose tackles comprised half of the franchise tags. Unless they sign long-term deals prior to the season, the 49ers' Aubrayo Franklin, the Packers' Ryan Pickett and the Patriots' Vince Wilfork will all play under one-year contracts that pay them $7.003 million (nose tackles are lumped together with 4-3 DTs for the purpose of calculating franchise amounts).
Another nose tackle, the Steelers' Casey Hampton, signed a new three-year contract earlier in the day for a reported $21 million, which averages almost identically to the $7 million annual salary the tagged nose tackles will receive next season.
Inking Hampton to a new deal enabled Pittsburgh to use its tag on PK Jeff Reed, one of two placekickers who will earn $2.814 million if they play under the terms of the tag. The other tagged kicker is Seattle's Olindo Mare.
Rounding out the list of franchised players is Oakland DE Richard Seymour, whom the Raiders acquired from New England at the start of last season in exchange for a 2011 first-round draft choice.
Seymour is the only one of the six to be slapped with an exclusive franchise tag, meaning he cannot negotiate with another team, unlike the other five, who were given "non-exclusive" tags. Because of the exclusive tag, Seymour will earn the higher amount of the following: (1) the average of the top five salaries at his position during 2009, which was $12.398 million; (2) 120 percent of his 2009 salary, which was $3.685 million; or (3) the average of the top five salaries at his position as of April 15, 2010.

It would seem NT is pretty important to these teams. Now that the stud NT's are locked up we can look elsewhere.
There are lots of quality defensive lineman coming out this year in the draft. Not a lot of proven 3-4 Nose Tackles.

I look for a RFA Center
Draft: NT, OG, DE early

Hamrob
02-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Williams dominated at the Senior Bowl and he benches 500. Dan Williams! Come on down!I remember Ayers dominating the senior bowl too.

Hamrob
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I think the problem with DT/NT is...folks just don't know how these guys will play in a 3-4 defense at the point. Most of them have been playing in a 4-3...so, how will they transition to a 3-4...nobody knows. That's why it's tough to spend a high pick on one unless its Dan Williams or Cam Thomas.

Cool Breeze
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM

How is that working for you now?LOL

~Crash~
02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
I remember Ayers dominating the senior bowl too.

I also remember them saying Ayers was a project....

~Crash~
02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
How is that working for you now?LOL

well it just mean's plan b... lol opps

Ray Finkle
02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
you need to look at it as what will fill all the holes our are we talking get the best then wait a year to fill the rest of the holes.

I like Linval Joseph ECU almost as much as Williams !

now tell me another Guard or Center you like as much or even close as Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey . If we played our cards right we could get

1 Mike Iupati
2 a Maurkice Pouncey
2 b Linval Joseph ECU

Pouncey will be a late 1st round pick....I say sign Mawae and draft a center mid round.