PDA

View Full Version : Scott Fujita's Nike contract voided

HEAV
02-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Not getting a Nike schwag bag in my hotel room. All the guys who are endorsed by Nike got sweet Super Bowl schwag, with about $5000 worth of merch, including some products from their ACG line, which I love for hiking and for outdoor use. I was endorsed by Nike for seven years, but they voided my contract (after several warnings) for "spatting" my cleats on game-days. Some of us spat, or put tape around our cleats, to keep them tight. Nike, apparently, doesn't like that their precious Swoosh gets covered up. Oh well. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for every teammate rubbing it in my face, parading around in all their cool new gear.

---------

This was taken from his Super Bowl diary

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/new_orleans_saints_lb_scott_fu.html

Nike should design a swoosh tape.

OBF1
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
He should play by Nike's rules or not complain... pretty simple

Crushaholic
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
No kidding. "Swoosh tape" shouldn't be that hard to manufacture. Anyway, who looks at a football players' shoes?Ha!

bronco militia
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
it really is a shame he can't afford to buy his own Nike schwag

watermock
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I confused. Were you an NFL player?

I was endorsed by Nike for seven years, but they voided my contract (after several warnings) for "spatting" my cleats on game-days.

watermock
02-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Did they take away Freeney's endorsment cause he got his ankle taped?

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Looks like one has to leave KFC in order to win SB's!

Taco John
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Not getting a Nike schwag bag in my hotel room. All the guys who are endorsed by Nike got sweet Super Bowl schwag, with about $5000 worth of merch, including some products from their ACG line, which I love for hiking and for outdoor use. I was endorsed by Nike for seven years, but they voided my contract (after several warnings) for "spatting" my cleats on game-days. Some of us spat, or put tape around our cleats, to keep them tight. Nike, apparently, doesn't like that their precious Swoosh gets covered up. Oh well. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if it weren't for every teammate rubbing it in my face, parading around in all their cool new gear.

---------

This was taken from his Super Bowl diary

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/02/new_orleans_saints_lb_scott_fu.html

Nike should design a swoosh tape.

I love Nike's ACG line.