PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe thinks he'll end up in the Hall of Fame

Bronco Rob
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Shannon Sharpe thinks he'll end up in the Hall of Fame

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2010 3:36 PM ET

Former Broncos and Ravens tight end Shannon Sharpe wasn't selected for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. But he thinks he's getting in eventually.

Speaking on 1510 The Score in Denver, Sharpe first congratulated the seven men who were chosen for enshrinement, and then said he believes it will happen for him some day.

"I think it will," Sharpe said, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Here's the thing. My only problem is this: You're either a Hall of Famer or you're not. It's as simple as that."

Sharpe added that he shouldn't have to wait for Hall of Fame enshrinement. And he noted that as modern passing games improve the statistics of today's quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends, it will be tougher for his statistics -- and the stats of other players from his generation -- to look good in comparison.

"To have to wait 20 years then all of a sudden you get in, or to have to wait 15 years because as you go further and further, more modern guys come out," Sharpe said. "So their numbers look better and better. For the past six or seven years, this is a passing league. [In the future], my 815 [catches] is going to look small. Tony [Gonzalez] is probably going to have 1,100. Jason Witten's probably going to have 900 or 1,000."

Ultimately, although Sharpe thinks he's going to be a Hall of Famer, the fact that he's not in the Hall yet leads him to believe that tight ends aren't appreciated.

"I know one thing, they don't value the tight end position," Sharpe said. "I think that's the biggest thing -- they don't really value that position."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/shannon-sharpe-thinks-hell-end-up-in-the-hall-of-fame/

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 12:58 PM
...Sharpe added that he shouldn't have to wait for Hall of Fame enshrinement. And he noted that as modern passing games improve the statistics of today's quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends, it will be tougher for his statistics -- and the stats of other players from his generation -- to look good in comparison.

"To have to wait 20 years then all of a sudden you get in, or to have to wait 15 years because as you go further and further, more modern guys come out," Sharpe said. "So their numbers look better and better. For the past six or seven years, this is a passing league. [In the future], my 815 [catches] is going to look small. Tony [Gonzalez] is probably going to have 1,100. Jason Witten's probably going to have 900 or 1,000."

He made the top 10, I am guessing if Floyd didn't go in that he would have made the cut this year, I doubt the HOF would want 2 players from the same franchise to go in.

I am guessing next year he will be in.

tsiguy96
02-09-2010, 01:03 PM
He made the top 10, I am guessing if Floyd didn't go in that he would have made the cut this year, I doubt the HOF would want 2 players from the same franchise to go in.

I am guessing next year he will be in.

next year only 2 gaurantees, faulk and deion. should be sharpes year.

Crushaholic
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Shannon Sharpe: Hall of Fame Class of 2011. It should happen...:thumbsup:

OBF1
02-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Can not argue with a think he said

TheReverend
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
From the same news source:

Kate Beckinsale thinks she's pretty good-looking.

Atwater His Ass
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree with Sharpe that either you are a hall of famer or you're not. All the talk about how this class has too many of position X or man a lot of WR's got in the past 3 years, can't have any more for awhile...is bull****.

Based on all the factors that go into it, a guy is worthy or he's not.

jhns
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
He should already be in. I have no idea how he didn't go as a first ballot guy. He not only was great but also is now in the media and on TV a lot. I figured that exposure would help ensure he made it right away. I was forgetting the obvious though. He was a Bronco.

Rohirrim
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I still say, had Shannon Sharpe played for the Giants or the Cowboys, he'd have gone in on the first ballot.

SoDak Bronco
02-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think Faulk is guranteed 1st ballot, Deion is def. getting in, so i think he has a great chance next year.

Dagmar
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
He'll get in, no worries.

TDmvp
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM

LOL

Yea I came to post Duh but you covered it ...

BroncoMan4ever
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM

i think she is correct in her thinking.

damn she looks good in that skin tight latex.

http://a69.g.akamai.net/n/69/10688/v1/img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/rsz/434/x/x/x/medias/nmedia/18/35/86/12/18472205.jpg

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Shannon Sharpe thinks he'll end up in the Hall of Fame

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2010 3:36 PM ET

Former Broncos and Ravens tight end Shannon Sharpe wasn't selected for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. But he thinks he's getting in eventually.

Speaking on 1510 The Score in Denver, Sharpe first congratulated the seven men who were chosen for enshrinement, and then said he believes it will happen for him some day.

"I think it will," Sharpe said, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Here's the thing. My only problem is this: You're either a Hall of Famer or you're not. It's as simple as that."

Sharpe added that he shouldn't have to wait for Hall of Fame enshrinement. And he noted that as modern passing games improve the statistics of today's quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends, it will be tougher for his statistics -- and the stats of other players from his generation -- to look good in comparison.

Ultimately, although Sharpe thinks he's going to be a Hall of Famer, the fact that he's not in the Hall yet leads him to believe that tight ends aren't appreciated.

"I know one thing, they don't value the tight end position," Sharpe said. "I think that's the biggest thing -- they don't really value that position."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/shannon-sharpe-thinks-hell-end-up-in-the-hall-of-fame/

I luv me Shannon Sharpe!

Baba Booey
02-09-2010, 06:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjnZXSFOXCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjnZXSFOXCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Calling Quentin Griffin "q tip" = lulz

The Moops
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Sharpe is starting to get what it was like for Floyd to see his numbers become "average" over time because of the 16 game schedules, more carries per season, greater advantages for the offense, etc.

I would be shocked if Sharpe doesn't get in the next 2 years.

UberBroncoMan
02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't give a **** what the excuse is.

3 ****ing Super Bowl rings.

2 times he blocked for a 2,000 yard back.

Retired #1 on ALL statistical categories for his position.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THESE ****ING ASS **** VOTERS...

If that's not 1st ballot let alone 2nd ballot then they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbB_HVcXpPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbB_HVcXpPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

bendog
02-10-2010, 07:45 AM
mackey, newsome and ditka weren't first year guys. Sharpe's right that TE is not a favored position for the voters. I don't know why.

~Crash~
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't give a **** what the excuse is.

3 ****ing Super Bowl rings.

2 times he blocked for a 2,000 yard back.

Retired #1 on ALL statistical categories for his position.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THESE ****ING ASS **** VOTERS...

If that's not 1st ballot let alone 2nd ballot then they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbB_HVcXpPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbB_HVcXpPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You know sharp was a smart ass . well smart ass's sometimes have to Wait in the back of the line...:~ohyah!: he will get in but he has pissed off a lot of people in the past. he would of got in first ballet but his mouth cost him some time IMO. I still loved every minuet of him and would not of changed any of his fun but there are people voting and I bet a **** load of them hate his ass.