PDA

View Full Version : Where do bars and Liquor stores...

supermanhr9
02-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Where do bars and Liquor stores buy their alcohol from? I know there are distributors, however I can not find the names of these companies when I google the question.

Any help?

Archer81
02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
You are not going to knock one over when we tell you are you?

:Broncos:

broncosteven
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
It is all controlled by the "Star Chamber", a bunch of wealthy men who control the world.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Where do bars and Liquor stores buy their alcohol from? I know there are distributors, however I can not find the names of these companies when I google the question.

Any help?

http://www.abwholesaler.com/scripts/map.aspx
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-wholesale-distributor-cid-5042.html

Popps
02-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I seem to remember a company called Youngs from my bartending days. At least out here in CA, they are a huge distributor.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I seem to remember a company called Youngs from my bartending days. At least out here in CA, they are a huge distributor.

Young's market co is on that list...
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-distributor/ca/los-angeles/young%27s-market-co.-bdid-187.html

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Liquor distributors don't advertise on their trucks, but if you want to find out who they are and where they come from it's easy to find out. Park behind a mall with a liqour store, see what trucks unload at the liqour store, then follow one to the distributor.

supermanhr9
02-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Liquor distributors don't advertise on their trucks, but if you want to find out who they are and where they come from it's easy to find out. Park behind a mall with a liqour store, see what trucks unload at the liqour store, then follow one to the distributor.

That is the creepiest thing I have ever heard! hahaha

Domostick
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Beverage Distributors Company, Pinnacle, Apex, Republic National, Southern wine and beverage.

Well these are all in Colorado, I have no idea if they operate in other states.

oubronco
02-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Planing on stocking up

TailgateNut
02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Beverage Distributors Company, Pinnacle, Apex, Republic National, Southern wine and beverage.

Well these are all in Colorado, I have no idea if they operate in other states.

Western Beverage is another one in Colorado.

Conklin
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
We went through Glazier for most of our liquor orders

Kaylore
02-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

supermanhr9
02-09-2010, 10:26 AM
hahaha,, just trying to stock up my house

Doggcow
02-09-2010, 10:34 AM

You can't just order from most of them at wholesale, unless buying a ****ton...

Get in good with a bartender/owner and ask them for the hookup on their order each week is the best route.

TailgateNut
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM

By buying a truckload?

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Mods: can we merge this with the "what kind of heat are you packing" thread?

Doggcow
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Mods: can we merge this with the "what kind of heat are you packing" thread?

Bahahaha, I just lol'd in class

supermanhr9
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Hahaha,,,no in all honesty I am interested in the industry as a whole just in case my company ever goes under, I think I'd like to get into this business. I'm in construction supply now and things are great, love the industry, however it's no secret business sucks and it's hurting as an industry right now. So it's always good to have a back up plan ya know?

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Hahaha,,,no in all honesty I am interested in the industry as a whole just in case my company ever goes under, I think I'd like to get into this business. I'm in construction supply now and things are great, love the industry, however it's no secret business sucks and it's hurting as an industry right now. So it's always good to have a back up plan ya know?

So are you going to hijack their hootch trucks and sell it on the blackmarket like they did in Cagney and Bogey movies?

Kyle
02-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I am pretty familiar with the liquor business. It can indeed be pretty fun. Each distributor has the brands that they have bought the distribution rights to. Most areas have a big one or two where you can get just about anything from and then bars and liquor stores have to deal with a few more to get the "odd" stuff from. The system is pretty screwed up really. Going from one business to the next doing tastings can be a lot of fun. If you are interested in getting into the biz I would ask a bar or restaurant who the largest wine purveyor is in your area. They will usually do liquor as well. Wine is usually where the money is. A case of $80/btl wine is a way better ring than a case of $4/btl rail swill booze. And you get to drink wine all day at work. Most of those salesmen have the best stocked home bars you will ever see. Not all of the promo booze makes it to the bars, if you know what I mean.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
It is all controlled by the "Star Chamber", a bunch of wealthy men who control the world.

I believe you are referring to the Pentaverate. The Queen, the vatican, the Gettys, the Rothchilds, and Colonel Sanders (before he went t!ts-up).

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I believe you are referring to the Pentaverate. The Queen, the vatican, the Gettys, the Rothchilds, and Colonel Sanders (before he went t!ts-up).

No it was a movie that dude from Street of San Fransico did, not Karl Malden the other dude.

supermanhr9
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I am pretty familiar with the liquor business. It can indeed be pretty fun. Each distributor has the brands that they have bought the distribution rights to. Most areas have a big one or two where you can get just about anything from and then bars and liquor stores have to deal with a few more to get the "odd" stuff from. The system is pretty screwed up really. Going from one business to the next doing tastings can be a lot of fun. If you are interested in getting into the biz I would ask a bar or restaurant who the largest wine purveyor is in your area. They will usually do liquor as well. Wine is usually where the money is. A case of $80/btl wine is a way better ring than a case of $4/btl rail swill booze. And you get to drink wine all day at work. Most of those salesmen have the best stocked home bars you will ever see. Not all of the promo booze makes it to the bars, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the heads up. I imagine a knwoledge of wine is necessary. I knwo all types of booze quite well, however wine is foreign to me. I don't drink it at all.

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I imagine a knwoledge of wine is necessary. I knwo all types of booze quite well, however wine is foreign to me. I don't drink it at all.

I think in order to get a liquor license one must be able to spell the word "know" and use it in a sentence.

Sorry man I am just having fun and couldn't pass it up!

tsiguy96
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
this is one business i have always wanted to get into. i think a problem you see is a lot of people open a bar and are very disconnected from waht they plan on doing with it and what people actually want. youll see some of the dumbest events at bars that you almost want to go to see the ****ty turnout (drama movie night at a local dance club..)

Bronx33
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
(Liquor distributors st louis MO) goggle brings up a bunch.

supermanhr9
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I think in order to get a liquor license one must be able to spell the word "know" and use it in a sentence.

Sorry man I am just having fun and couldn't pass it up!

hahaha,,, yeah I always assume my typing is flawless. That is code for too lazy to proofread.

400HZ
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Talk to a local bar manager. If you get in cool with them they probably wouldn't mind ordering an extra case of booze for you at cost. My wife bought two cases of Grey Goose for my birthday party a couple years ago and it ended up being something like $21/btl. She wanted to do a swanky martini-themed thing and it was actually pretty cool. Two cases was overkill, though. It takes a lot of liver cells to process 24 bottles of vodka. :sunshine:

supermanhr9
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
wow, that's a lot of vodka.