PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns cut Donte' Stallworth...Stallworth to work out for unnamed team Wed

The MVPlaya
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Don't be surprised to see Denver give him a look. He was part of the 2007 New England offense and we need a receiver like him to line up wide and stretch the defense.

PFT

We don't have to wait until March 5 for free agency to kick off. We've got Donte' Stallworth!

Since Stallworth was released by the Browns Monday, he is free to sign with any team immediatley. His agent Drew Rosenhaus tells the Boston Globe that an unnamed team will work Stallworth out Wednesday and should sign with a team "in the next couple weeks at the latest."

"We are very pleased with the amount of teams interested," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus could be bluffing, but there should be interest if Stallworth is willing to work for relatively cheap. Stallworth signed a one-year, $3.6 million contract with New England in 2007 to help repair his image after it was learned he was in the league's substance abuse program.

We'd be surprised if he gets that much on a one-year deal this time around.

Popps
02-08-2010, 03:28 PM
2K in our system.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
46 seconds in

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5f_gbzo4Q0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5f_gbzo4Q0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HEAV
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
One year deal.

Going to be alot of one year deals in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Who wants high character guys anyways.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM

If you're saying Stallworth is a low character guy because of one mistake, then there is no such thing as a high character guy.

Mogulseeker
02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Don't be surprised to see Denver give him a look. He was part of the 2007 New England offense and we need a receiver like him to line up wide and stretch the defense.

CAN he still stretch the defense?

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
If you're saying Stallworth is a low character guy because of one mistake, then there is no such thing as a high character guy.

Personally I think a mistake that ends another humans life on the planet to be on a different level. Maybe I'm alone there.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Personally I think a mistake that ends another humans life on the planet to be on a different level. Maybe I'm alone there.

It was an accident, it wasnt like an assault.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Obviously it was a accident. It's not like I am saying he murdered the guy nor am I suggesting that he is as bad of a person as Little. I guess I need to evaluate my opinions on what is good and bad character. My bad for having different views on mistakes and mistakes that take the life of a person. I'm also willing to place equal blame on the guy that he hit. From all reports Stallworth driving drunk wasn't the cause of the accident. Still I have a hard time saying Stallworth is a good character guy. If you guys want to that's great.

blackpower
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
broncos should sign him, he is good, get mcnabb and we be super bowl bound

The MVPlaya
02-08-2010, 07:17 PM
CAN he still stretch the defense?

Exactly... if his speed is gone he will be worth 0.

UberBroncoMan
02-09-2010, 01:52 AM
With a potential lockout next year this is likely the end of the line for a lot of old players... like Dawkins etc.

Crazy **** is going to happen this off-season without a new CBA.

nickademus
02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
dawk will have a place as long as mcd is in denver this was his biggest free agent in his first year as a hc/bronco tsar.

Crushaholic
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
dawk will have a place as long as mcd is in denver this was his biggest free agent in his first year as a hc/bronco tsar.

Dawkins isn't getting any younger. That's the point. A year away from football is damaging to someone who is already on the wrong side of his 30s...

gyldenlove
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Good thing nobody got killed....

The MVPlaya
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
We don't have to wait until March 5 for free agency to kick off. We've got Donte' Stallworth (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1043)!

Since Stallworth was released by the Browns Monday, he is free to sign with any team immediatley. His agent Drew Rosenhaus tells the Boston Globe that an unnamed team will work Stallworth out Wednesday and should sign with a team "in the next couple weeks at the latest."

Rosenhaus could be bluffing, but there should be interest if Stallworth is willing to work for relatively cheap. Stallworth signed a one-year, $3.6 million contract with New England in 2007 to help repair his image after it was learned he was in the league's substance abuse program.

Doggcow
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Donte' Drink and Drive!

broncos-rock
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Working out for the lions today!

DBroncos4life
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
We don't have to wait until March 5 for free agency to kick off. We've got Donte' Stallworth (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1043)!

The dude clearly has a problem. I can't imagine killing someone in a accident making it any easier on him either.

Paladin
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Why does everyine assume that Stallworth will become a Bronco? Seems like every time some one is let go or is on the market, some guys around here get woodies and decide the guy will be coming to Denver. "

That sense of entitlement is the basis of much of th problems we see around the various Boards and forums.....

watermock
02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I could see Dante coming here if Shanny and Cutler were still in town.

oubronco
02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I could see Dante coming here if Shanny and Cutler were still in town.

who are these guys you speak of

watermock
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I could see Dante going to Wash.

Taco John
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Come on. He flashed his brights.

The MVPlaya
02-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Why does everyine assume that Stallworth will become a Bronco? Seems like every time some one is let go or is on the market, some guys around here get woodies and decide the guy will be coming to Denver. "

That sense of entitlement is the basis of much of th problems we see around the various Boards and forums.....

lol the fact that we need a receiver to stretch the field in this offense makes him a fit... no one is assuming anything, you're the one that interpreted it that way.

Don't get mad at us for your interpretation.

misturanderson
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
lol the fact that we need a receiver to stretch the field in this offense makes him a fit... no one is assuming anything, you're the one that interpreted it that way.

Don't get mad at us for your interpretation.

It surely doesn't hurt that he played for McD when they were setting all of their records either.

Dagmar
02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Tuesday that receiver Donte' Stallworth, who was reinstated Sunday night and cut by the Browns on Monday, will be working out for an unnamed NFL team (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/stallworth-to-work-out-for-unnamed-team-wednesday/) on Wednesday.

Per a league source, that team is the Lions.

Stallworth entered the league as a first-round draft pick in 2002. The Lions used a first-round pick on wideouts in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2007.

Stallworth was suspended for the entire 2009 season after pleading guilty to felony DUI manslaughter. He spent 2008 with the Browns, 2007 with the Patriots, and 2006 with the Eagles. In his first four seasons, he played with the Saints.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Paladin
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, the lions. That crimps the talk around here a little, yes?

Beantown Bronco
02-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Ravens signed him. I wonder if that will officially shut down the "Marshall to Baltimore" rumors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-ravens-stallworth&prov=ap&type=lgns

azbroncfan
02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Ravens signed him. I wonder if that will officially shut down the "Marshall to Baltimore" rumors.

So fitting. Might as well send Marshall there too they don't mind dirty rap sheets.

Garcia Bronco
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
If he plays one down for the Broncos Iam done with the NFL.

misturanderson
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
If he plays one down for the Broncos Iam done with the NFL.

Why? Because a pedestrian walked in front of him while he was driving? He happened to be slightly over the legal limit at the time (though it was determined that alcohol was not the cause of the accident and he had responed as well as a sober driver based on skid marks), but he did stop at the scene and wait for police and paramedics. He's also paying for the guy's children's college. He has to live with that man's death for the rest of his life and it really wasn't even his fault.

What a horrible person. Heaven forbid that you have a bit too much to drink one night, try to sleep it off, wake up the next morning feeling sober and drive home, get into a fatal accident on the way and have your BAC checked only to find out that you're just over the legal limit and that an accident that you didn't cause is now going to be prosecuted as manslaughter.

The guy made a mistake that anyone could have made and was a victim of circumstance, he didn't hit-and-run, he didn't stab someone, he wouldn't have even received any punishment for the death had he not had his BAC tested, because he wasn't at fault. He fessed up and took the punishment that was given to him.

He isn't like Vick. He didn't kill the guy to satisfy some sick sadistic need.

Paladin
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually, I see the Raven's move as increasing the chances that Marshall will remain a Bronco. This is a really screwed up year........

Taco John
02-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Thank the Lord we didn't end up with him.

MplsBronco
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Obviously it was a accident. It's not like I am saying he murdered the guy nor am I suggesting that he is as bad of a person as Little. I guess I need to evaluate my opinions on what is good and bad character. My bad for having different views on mistakes and mistakes that take the life of a person. I'm also willing to place equal blame on the guy that he hit. From all reports Stallworth driving drunk wasn't the cause of the accident. Still I have a hard time saying Stallworth is a good character guy. If you guys want to that's great.

Is it possible for a good person to do a bad thing? I know I have made mistakes in life that could have ended horribly. Not everything in life is so black and white.

DBroncos4life
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Is it possible for a good person to do a bad thing? I know I have made mistakes in life that could have ended horribly. Not everything in life is so black and white.
Really is it that complicated? You guys act like I called him scum. Sorry I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about him paying for the kids college and all that jazz like that makes the pain of them losing their dad go away. While I believe the man in the road was just as much to blame for the accident part of me still thinks Stallworth understood that he had a problem with drinking and continued to party anyways. If he didn't go out and party that night I don't think he would have been going home at the early morning like he was.

Anyways you would be hard pressed to find many people out there that could have something like this happen to them and a year later they are in position to be making $900k for a year. I'm sorry if part of me thinks that is wrong.

MplsBronco
02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Anyways you would be hard pressed to find many people out there that could have something like this happen to them and a year later they are in position to be making $900k for a year. I'm sorry if part of me thinks that is wrong.

On this we can completely agree. And I wouldn't feel sorry for him if he never got another job in the NFL. I see your point.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
If you truly want to get away with murder in this country, get liquored up and run over your victim with a car. You'll need to do it on a public road.. running someone down in their driveway is too obvious and might actually awaken your local D.A. from his plea-bargaining slumber. Seriously though... you can kill an entire carload of people if you like and probably walk away with a neglegent homicide at worst, and that's only if you have to roll with the public defender.

DBroncos4life
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
If you truly want to get away with murder in this country, get liquored up and run over your victim with a car. You'll need to do it on a public road.. running someone down in their driveway is too obvious and might actually awaken your local D.A. from his plea-bargaining slumber. Seriously though... you can kill an entire carload of people if you like and probably walk away with a neglegent homicide at worst, and that's only if you have to roll with the public defender.

I was watching snapped one day. This former model that failed to make it big time was depressed and lost it. She took her mustang convertible and took off going 90 miles an hour. Reports at the scene said she never tried to slow up at all. Both her car and the car at the stop light flipped over onto its top. The three guys in the Honda that she hit were killed while she suffered a broken ankle. She is can get her drivers license back this year according to that show. I think she served like two years in a mental ward.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-17-2010, 10:24 PM
I was watching snapped one day. This former model that failed to make it big time was depressed and lost it. She took her mustang convertible and took off going 90 miles an hour. Reports at the scene said she never tried to slow up at all. Both her car and the car at the stop light flipped over onto its top. The three guys in the Honda that she hit were killed while she suffered a broken ankle. She is can get her drivers license back this year according to that show. I think she served like two years in a mental ward.

If she got drunk and fired a pistol randomly at passing traffic, she would be in prison for life. Cars are by far the deadliest weapon / leading cause of traumatic death of young and otherwise healthy people. Killing someone by getting drunk and driving the average 2-ton motor vehicle into them is "just an accident."

I'm so glad Dante can resue his career, focusing on what is important. I hope nothing bad happens to him in the most violent city outside of Detroit. I certainly hope he doesn't die in agonizing pain while trapped in a car fire. Go Dante.