PDA

View Full Version : The Football Gods (or Goddess) Must Be Respected!

Rohirrim
02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
It should at least be mentioned: The Colts turned down the chance to go for perfection. This is like sacrificing a girl who is something less than a virgin to the volcano. The gods don't like it. They cannot be fooled. And they don't like hubris. As the old saying goes, "Pride goeth before a fall." In the future, may all teams remember this lesson. No guts, no glory. Look at the way Sean Payton coached that game! He showed that he had the courage to put everything on the table and throw the dice. Since the time of Odysseus, this is the attitude the gods reward. ;D

PRBronco
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Lol, sounds like someone's been reading TMQ. Any time the word "hubris" is used, I assume he's involved.

Rohirrim
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
lol, sounds like someone's been reading tmq. Any time the word "hubris" is used, i assume he's involved.

tmq?

Popps
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
**** the Colts.

PRBronco
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
tmq?

Tuesday Morning Quarterback! I think Gregg Easterbrook is his name. He also talks about the football gods all the time :) I used to always read his column when he worked for nfl.com (even though he tended to rag on Shanny) but I haven't kept up with him since he moved to espn.

Rohirrim
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Tuesday Morning Quarterback! I think Gregg Easterbrook is his name. He also talks about the football gods all the time :) I used to always read his column when he worked for nfl.com (even though he tended to rag on Shanny) but I haven't kept up with him since he moved to espn.

I'm not sure there is a football god, but for sure there is a golf goddess, and she's a bitch. ;D