PDA

View Full Version : Broncos call about Mcnabb

Soul-Bronco
02-08-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20225

Ready go !

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
if eagles are serious about kolb as a QBOTF, they need to stop messing around with mcnabb and get some draft compensation for him.

i wouldnt look too far into the mcnabb thing, calling about availability and truely trying to get the player are two different things.

gyldenlove
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
if eagles are serious about kolb as a QBOTF, they need to stop messing around with mcnabb and get some draft compensation for him.

i wouldnt look too far into the mcnabb thing, calling about availability and truely trying to get the player are two different things.

Unless there is an offer we can't resist I don't see this trade happening, Mcnabb is a big money player and money isn't what we have to spend right now.

DarkHorse30
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
this team doesn't need another old QB; draft a QB instead

Killericon
02-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Suddenly, Orton demands a trade because his feelings are hurt.

Ramathorn
For the love of god, anything is an improvement over orton> I will cream in my jeans if we get mcnabb for a good deal(draft pick wise).

tsiguy96
Unless there is an offer we can't resist I don't see this trade happening, Mcnabb is a big money player and money isn't what we have to spend right now.

i wouldnt be surprised to see if thats what the broncos were calling about. if they could get mcnabb for a 3rd or 4th, they would consider it.

bombquixote
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Mcnabb would be an immediate improvement over Orton and could hold down the fort for a couple of years while the Broncos develop a young QB. If the price is right, Mcnabb him.

broncosteven
02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
i wouldnt be surprised to see if thats what the broncos were calling about. if they could get mcnabb for a 3rd or 4th, they would consider it.

In Madden or in Real Life?

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
For the love of god, anything is an improvement over orton>

Exaggerate much?

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Kolb is already grumbling about wanting a chance to start somewhere.

Throw in Orton to "sweeten" the deal...

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Unless he's coming over with D. Jackson, I don't see the point.

oubronco
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Suddenly, Orton demands a trade because his feelings are hurt.

:pray:

Inkana7
02-08-2010, 11:52 AM
McNabb here would be pretty sweet.

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 11:53 AM
In Madden or in Real Life?

not in real life, which is why i dont think anyone expects the broncos to actually try to get him, price is too high :thumbsup:

broncosteven
02-08-2010, 11:53 AM
McNabb here would be pretty sweet.

No it wouldn't.

I want to see a young dude developed who will be here for a decade.

montrose
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Check me off as a no on McNabb. A big no. A no so big I might join the anti-McD crew. I want a healthy Orton in year 2 of this offense behind an improved OL.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM

The point is getting better at QB. The only problem is that he's so old. It'd be nice if we could go out and trade for a QB that still had plenty of years left and a lot of potential.

Wait.. The Denver Broncos are the only team giving away QBs like that.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Check me off as a no on McNabb. A big no. A no so big I might join the anti-McD crew. I want a healthy Orton in year 2 of this offense behind an improved OL.

And you will most likely get it, sir. Along with another mediocre season of pinky sacks and "Where is Royal?"

oubronco
The point is getting better at QB. The only problem is that he's so old. It'd be nice if we could go out and trade for a QB that still had plenty of years left and a lot of potential.

Wait.. The Denver Broncos are the only team that does that.

for all we know the call could've been about Kolb

gtown
Another offseason on the tilt-a-whirl. We look frickin desperate for a QB, and now the Orton experiment may be over. I bet Bowlen had a moment of sobriety, and realized that McD might have screwed this team.

If we are gonna get a new QB, I want one of the top flight QBs in the draft, not McNabb. The Eagles are gonna want the world for him.

mizzoutigers
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
mcnabb = puke

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
If we are gonna get a new QB, I want one of the top flight QBs in the draft, not McNabb. The Eagles are gonna want the world for him.

Like Jimmy Claussen? The Lebron James of football? Hahahaha

No, i do agree in getting a young QB. i just hope we get the right one.

NFLBRONCO
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I thought McD wanted accurate QBs in his offense. I do want an upgrade at QB but, younger one because face it folks we need alot of pieces still. With the CBA Lockout looming a trade foir McNabb would be beyond retarded it isn't happening.

Inkana7
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
No it wouldn't.

And wouldn't you wanna win until he's developed? Dawkins and Bailey aren't gonna be playing much longer. I'm fully endorsing the "Get McNabb, draft young kid, sit him for a few years, win games" idea.

azbroncfan
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Let's McNabb Kolb.

dbfan21
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
No it wouldn't.

This!

gtown
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Like Jimmy Claussen? The Lebron James of football? Hahahaha

No, i do agree in getting a young QB. i just hope we get the right one.

I bet Claussen is the target because of Weis, but Bradford is better IMO. Both will be gone by pick 4 (Rams and Skins take QBs), so it doesn't matter.

If the Eagles give up McNabb for a 3rd or lower (I don't think they will), we gotta look into it.

dbfan21
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Exactly. I said this in another thread on the same topic. No way on McNabb...not for the price it would cost us to acquire a guy who's got MAYBE two good years left in the tank.

jhns
Wait.. The Denver Broncos are the only team giving away QBs like that.

LOL So true. I say we get McNabb. We can go get a QB that needs developed when we get a head coach that doesn't give them away. McNabb would be a huge improvement and will be around for a few more years. If the price is right, I wouldn't think twice about this.

strafen
McNabb here would be pretty sweet.I think we need to start developing a QB for the future.
McNabb is not the answer and he's not what we need right now.
We need to have a foundation of young players to build this team. We can't continue to make this team up of NFL cast-offs.

SportinOne
Unless it turns into a bidding war and we have to give up a first, i say **** it. Let's bring him in.

We've got Dawkins in his ear already i bet. It's just a matter of time.

Rohirrim
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Just say McNo to McNabb.

strafen
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Calling to inquire about his availability is as good as trying to get him, no?
Why would they be calling if they're not interested in trying to get him?

Just calling about his availability is disturbing enough...

Fusionfrontman
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I like Orton a lot, but I do think that McNabb would be good in our offense. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but more I think about it, it makes sense. He'll make our receivers look better, the guy can scan the field, make plays out of nothing and is strong as hell. Plus, with a power running game we are moving toward, I think we can get a lot out of him, compared to Philly passing 85% of the time.
If it is not asking for much, let's do it.

OBF1
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Besides posters on the mane.... please show me a reliable link where Denver owner Patrick Bowlen states this. I am waiting :thumbsup:

oubronco
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Calling to inquire about his availability is as good as trying to get him, no?
Why would they be calling if they're not interested in trying to get him?

Just calling about his availability is disturbing enough...

How do we know the call wasn't for Kolb's availablity

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Doesn't it seem someone is ALWAYS trying to replace Orton no matter where he goes?

yerner
02-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't know that getting Mcnabb matters if Marshall gets traded. Mcnabb has shown what he can do with average wrs most of his career. This is only interesting if he gets to throw to Marshall.

DarkHorse
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Didn't we just draft a QB? I could swear I remember drafting a QB and he's been in the system for a year now.........Damn, I must be mistaken - I am getting old afterall.

ludo21
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes to Mcnabb for me. Improvement over Orton and we can develop Tom B. still, or another QB of our choosing in this draft

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Doesn't it seem someone is ALWAYS trying to replace Orton no matter where he goes?

He's only been on one other team, it's not like he's some journeyman QB like.....Kurt Warner. :)

strafen
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
How do we know the call wasn't for Kolb's availablity

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
The point is getting better at QB.

And McNabb wouldn't accomplish that. Aside from mobility, which is not a particularly valued asset for QBs in McD's offense, McNabb offers nothing that Orton doesn't for a lot less $. And, as I alluded to above, he won't have Desean Jackson and his "open by 20+ yards at least twice a game" security blanket available here.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
If a 2nd would do it, fine. What are we really going to do with it anyway, draft another TE? Chances are, the player we get will not improve the team like McNabb would.

1. McNabb will get more out of our receivers than Orton does. He's just a better passer. plain and simple.
2. Bubble Screen -22%, Deep Ball +35%
3. Mobility in the pocket. He's not Vick, but he's way better than Orton at avoiding sacks. This fact alone takes pressure off of the offensive line and reduces sacks without a single upgrade at Guard. We can still make the changes if we have to but we shouldn't have to with McNabb.
4. For the Popps crowd: He brings success, experience, and leadership. He's played in the Super Bowl and he's been in countless NFC Championship games. Translation: He is a WINNER, and you just cannot lose with a winner at QB.

Popps
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
McNabb isn't particularly accurate and hasn't run our type of offense. So, we'd be looking at another learning season for a guy who probably is better suited running a different kind of offense.

It's intriguing. I think he's a great QB. I'm just not sure the fit makes sense.

yerner
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
And McNabb wouldn't accomplish that. Aside from mobility, which is not a particularly valued asset for QBs in McD's offense, McNabb offers nothing that Orton doesn't for a lot less $. And, as I alluded to above, he won't have Desean Jackson and his "open by 20+ yards at least twice a game" security blanket available here.

Wow, you think Orton is comparable to Mcnabb? Seriously? Thats just bizarre.

oubronco
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Yes but without being on the phone how do we know for sure?

Bob's your Information Minister
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM

There's a reason for that.

HE SUCKS!

strafen
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes but without being on the phone how do we know for sure?Whatever, dude...

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow, you think Orton is comparable to Mcnabb? Seriously? Thats just bizarre.

Nope. I'm saying that they're very different types of QBs actually.

jhns
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM

LOL

Good one. Orton isn't even 1/10th of the QB that McNabb is. You would think you would start to get this by now. Orton has started 3 seasons. He was replaced after two of them. The offseason after that third one is just starting and we already have reports about McNabb and wanting to draft another QB. I don't think anyone in the NFL agrees with you.

Popps
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
4. For the Popps crowd: He brings success, experience, and leadership. He's played in the Super Bowl and he's been in countless NFC Championship games. Translation: He is a WINNER, and you just cannot lose with a winner at QB.

The "Popps" crowd?

What the **** are you talking about?

I've said I like McNabb, and never said that Orton was a guaranteed long-term answer.

Get your story together, junior.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
If a 2nd would do it, fine. What are we really going to do with it anyway, draft another TE? Chances are, the player we get will not improve the team like McNabb would.

Call me crazy, but I'm not ready to concede that our 2nd round draft choice that hasn't even been selected yet, is going to suck.

1. McNabb will get more out of our receivers than Orton does. He's just a better passer. plain and simple.

He is actually one of the streakiest and least accurate passers out there.

2. Bubble Screen -22%, Deep Ball +35%.

Not unless we sign Desean Jackson.

3. Mobility in the pocket. He's not Vick, but he's way better than Orton at avoiding sacks. This fact alone takes pressure off of the offensive line and reduces sacks without a single upgrade at Guard. We can still make the changes if we have to but we shouldn't have to with McNabb.

Conceded.

An attempt to use the #1 pro-Orton argument against Orton. Now I've seen it all.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:35 PM
LOL

Good one. Orton isn't even 1/10th of the QB that McNabb is.

Replace "is" with "was" and you get closer, but still aren't quite there.

You would think you would start to get this by now. Orton has started 3 seasons. He was replaced after two of them.

I think we can all agree that Chicago knows diddly squat about evaluating, developing and coaching QBs. You would think you would start to get this by now.

The offseason after that third one is just starting and we already have reports about McNabb and wanting to draft another QB. I don't think anyone in the NFL agrees with you.

Ahhhh, you have your finger on the pulse of the NFL based on what happened in "what's a QB?" Chicago and a few media reports? Good stuff.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:37 PM

You, sir, Beantown Bronco, are highly delusional. You are talking about Kyle Orton and Donovan McNabb. While I understand that McNabb is no Peyton Manning (or is the comparison Drew Brees now?), he's stll Donovan McNabb. Orton made two outstanding throws all year. The others were either what you would expect from an average NFL QB or worse. If it weren't for Stokely's miracle TD and Brandon Marshall's amazin

Lastly, as pointed out higher in the thread, McNabb's been a highly productive quarterback with absolutely zero talent at receiver.

Evidence: Todd "Stinkston" Pinkston

That's all you need to know.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
The "Popps" crowd?

What the **** are you talking about?

I've said I like McNabb, and never said that Orton was a guaranteed long-term answer.

Get your story together, junior.

I had a feeling you'd be on board.

jhns
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Ahhhh, you have your finger on the pulse of the NFL based on what happened in "what's a QB?" Chicago and a few media reports? Good stuff.

I would say I have a much better idea than you. You are the one arguing that Orton is even comparable to McNabb. That is a pretty funny joke. Why are you so in love with such a junk QB?

Orton doesn't have close to the accuracy of McNabb. He doesn't have near the mobility or pocket awareness. In fact, there isn't a single part of Ortons game that is better than McNabb. Not one part of his game even comes close. Which all brings me back to, why so much blind love for such a crap QB?

Popps
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I had a feeling you'd be on board.

Not sure if you're kidding, or what.

I actually like McNabb. I think he makes some bonehead plays now and again, but he's been a big part of Philly staying a competitive team.

I wouldn't complain at all if he came in, though strategically... it would be interesting to see how we work it out. He's an older QB, who may or may not possess the skill-set to play in our offense. It would sort of be a "win right now" move, which is interesting.

I like Orton... I'm just not sure he's championship material. I'm also not positive he's NOT. McNabb is more talented, but we'd have to give up quite a bit to get him, I'd think.

Lots of questions. I'll sit back and watch. Either way, I think we'd be good at the QB position next year and I think grooming a future QB is a must.

summerdenver
02-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Nope. I'm saying that they're very different types of QBs actually.

I agree with BB. While I think McNabb is a better overall QB, i don't think he is a better fit for McDaniels offense. His style of play is more similar to that of Jay Cutler(big plays over ball security) than that of Matt Cassel. If true, this rumor does not make sense.

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
If Orton is just a stopgap solution anyways, why not let McNabb be the stopgap?

I think most agree (even on here) McNabb has more talent than Orton.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm not ready to concede that our 2nd round draft choice that hasn't even been selected yet, is going to suck.

I'm less saying that he will suck, and more saying that what we get for value won't equal what McNabb brings to the table. There are extremely talented guys out there who will be superstars, I just don't think the chances of landing one are high.

He is actually one of the streakiest and least accurate passers out there.

Streaky does not mean inaccurate, it just means streaky. And streaky means that he can be very accurate, but he can also be inaccurate, depending on the streak he is on. I also hear he is streaky in terms of getting to NFC Championship games.

Not unless we sign Desean Jackson.

Eddie Royal isn't exactly slow. Brandon Marshall can go deep as well, we've seen it before. The problem with that has always been deep ball accuracy. McNabb throws a great deep ball.

An attempt to use the #1 pro-Orton argument against Orton. Now I've seen it all.

I'm aware of the contradiction. That one was for humor (and for Popps).

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
You, sir, Beantown Bronco, are highly delusional. You are talking about Kyle Orton and Donovan McNabb. While I understand that McNabb is no Peyton Manning (or is the comparison Drew Brees now?), he's stll Donovan McNabb.

Actually, no he's not. I've seen him, both in person (multiple games when he was at Syracuse and a few in Philly) and on the tube. I've followed his career fairly closely, more than just the casual fan. He is not what he was. Is he still good? Yup. But he's not a good fit for the offense we're running now IMO.

Orton made two outstanding throws all year.

Laughable......the very definition of lazy analysis.

The others were either what you would expect from an average NFL QB or worse. If it weren't for Stokely's miracle TD and Brandon Marshall's amazin

Don't let me interrupt you. Feel free to finish what I'm sure will be a solid analysis.

Lastly, as pointed out higher in the thread, McNabb's been a highly productive quarterback with absolutely zero talent at receiver.

Evidence: Todd "Stinkston" Pinkston

And what exactly has he done lately, when he HAS had real talent at receiver? We're not getting the 2004 Donovan McNabb. We'd be getting the 2010 McNabb, who isn't quite the same and seems to get hurt and miss about 4-5 games every season.

yerner
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I would say I have a much better idea than you. You are the one arguing that Orton is even comparable to McNabb. That is a pretty funny joke. Why are you so in love with such a junk QB?

Orton doesn't have close to the accuracy of McNabb. He doesn't have near the mobility or pocket awareness. In fact, there isn't a single part of Ortons game that is better than McNabb. Not one part of his game even comes close. Which all brings me back to, why so much blind love for such a crap QB?

I agree with most. However, Ortons accuracy is probably comparable to Donovans I think. It can be suspect at times. But on every other level its really a ridiculous one sided argument. Even Mcnabbs age is an overblown concern. I would say that Mcnabb did look like a fat guy during the espn superbowl coverage. He needs to get in better shape.

BigPlayShay
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Is this really surprising? After all his name begins with "Mc"

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM

Because one knows and has a full year in the system and is practically playing for free while the other doesn't and would cost serious $ and draft picks.

jhns
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree with BB. While I think McNabb is a better overall QB, i don't think he is a better fit for McDaniels offense. His style of play is more similar to that of Jay Cutler(big plays over ball security) than that of Matt Cassel. If true, this rumor does not make sense.

How does this argument make sense to you? McDaniels said he wanted Cutler and that Cutler being here was a big selling point. How is it that Cutler doesn't fit this offense when the guy running the offense says he does? I have heard this a lot over the past year and it doesn't make sense.

McNabb would fit a spread offense. Every QB fits a spread offense. It is a QB friendly offense. It is the easiest to run once they learn where the receivers are. The west coast offense needs a certain QB. This offense doesn't.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
How does this argument make sense to you? McDaniels said he wanted Cutler and that Cutler being here was a big selling point. How is it that Cutler doesn't fit this offense when the guy running the offense says he does? I have heard this a lot over the past year and it doesn't make sense.

Go car shopping. On paper, a car might look like it fits all your needs and is the perfect fit. Until you get a chance to see it in person, kick the tires and take the test drive, you never really know though.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Not sure if you're kidding, or what.

I actually like McNabb. I think he makes some bonehead plays now and again, but he's been a big part of Philly staying a competitive team.

I wouldn't complain at all if he came in, though strategically... it would be interesting to see how we work it out. He's an older QB, who may or may not possess the skill-set to play in our offense. It would sort of be a "win right now" move, which is interesting.

I like Orton... I'm just not sure he's championship material. I'm also not positive he's NOT. McNabb is more talented, but we'd have to give up quite a bit to get him, I'd think.

Lots of questions. I'll sit back and watch. Either way, I think we'd be good at the QB position next year and I think grooming a future QB is a must.

Just a lighthearted shout out, that's all. I had no idea what your stance was prior to that, just knew you liked your winners. But different from Orton, I think McNabb has had much more to do with his wins than Orton did in Chicago. No way to prove it i guess.

I do question this idea of "right skill set" for a particular system. Maybe it's just me but I've never really heard it discussed this much in the NFL until Cutler was traded. My inclination is to believe that this is some sort of rationalization but if anyone can provide examples of past QBs who were favored less because of their skill set even though they were better overall QBs I would like to see it.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 12:56 PM
McNabb would fit a spread offense. Every QB fits a spread offense. It is a QB friendly offense. It is the easiest to run once they learn where the receivers are. The west coast offense needs a certain QB. This offense doesn't.

FALSE.

If this were true, then why didn't he take the Skins offer, which included better first and third round picks and Campbell? He explicitly said in interviews that he made the decision he did because of Orton after studing every single snap of his NFL career.

Sorry, jhns, your claim about having your finger on the pulse of the NFL just took its 1255th hit.

Br0nc0Buster
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
If McNabb was brought in, he would have to learn the offense and we would have to start developing chemistry from square one where as Orton already has a year of experience with it

I wouldnt mind McNabb, I think he is better than Orton, but not enough to trade draft picks for IMO considering his age and injury history

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Is this really surprising? After all his name begins with "Mc"

I did hear that Donovan will get a few extra points on the sniff test just because of that.

SportinOne
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
FALSE.

If this were true, then why didn't he take the Skins offer, which included better first and third round picks and Campbell? He explicitly said in interviews that he made the decision he did because of Orton after studing every single snap of his NFL career.

Sorry, jhns, your claim about having your finger on the pulse of the NFL just took its 1255th hit.

The fact of the matter is that your premise is flawed from the start any time you are relying on the word of someone else. See the game with your eyes, evaluate what you see, and go from there.

jhns
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
FALSE.

LOL

So McDaniels likes Orton more than Campbell(two **** QBs, better is a relative term) and that means McNabb doesn't fit a west coast offense? What?

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM

I've seen this a lot too.

I remember reading somewhere the Broncos were already running Patriot style pass plays under Shanahan/Bates in 2008.

summerdenver
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM

I see Jay and Orton as two different styles of QBs. I am not necessarily saying one is better than other just that they are different. Jay is more aggressive, is always looking for a big play and does not mind taking risks. Orton is basically looking for a mismatch and the safe play.

I see McNabb more as Jay style of player. McDaniels allegedly likes QBs who are accurate and does not make mistakes. I don't see McNabb as a good fit.

jhns
02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I see Jay and Orton as two different styles of QBs. I am not necessarily saying one is better than other just that they are different. Jay is more aggressive, is always looking for a big play and does not mind taking risks. Orton is basically looking for a mismatch and the safe play.

I see McNabb more as Jay style of player. McDaniels allegedly likes QBs who are accurate and does not make mistakes. I don't see McNabb as a good fit.

McNabb plays pretty safe most of the time. It isn't like he throws up the Cutler/Favre Int numbers.

Anyways, I'm more wondering where this idea of him liking the "safe" QB comes from. He said when he was hired here that a huge selling point was Cutler. Cutler is the exact opposite of what you are saying he wants. There are now reports that we called about McNabb. This also seems to go against what some of you are saying he wants.

Mostly I am just saying that I don't think you guys know what he wants.

Popps
02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Just a lighthearted shout out, that's all. I had no idea what your stance was prior to that, just knew you liked your winners. But different from Orton, I think McNabb has had much more to do with his wins than Orton did in Chicago. No way to prove it i guess.

I do question this idea of "right skill set" for a particular system. Maybe it's just me but I've never really heard it discussed this much in the NFL until Cutler was traded. My inclination is to believe that this is some sort of rationalization but if anyone can provide examples of past QBs who were favored less because of their skill set even though they were better overall QBs I would like to see it.

Well, Troy Aikman and John Elway were both very successful... but I think both had specific skill-sets. Aikman wasn't nearly as mobile and didn't have the arm John had. But, he was very accurate, and was an intelligent passer.
Both had systems eventually designed for them that allowed them to be successful.

I actually think McNabb COULD be successful with McDaniels. But, it would require McNabb to probably change his game a bit, like Elway had to do late in his career.

But, you're correct... McNabb is a better overall QB than Orton. You just have to factor in everything. (Age, cost, learning the system, skill-set, etc.)

I'll be happy either way, as long as we're developing a guy with some talent behind them.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
McNabb would invigorate the offense.

He would demand respect from the young guys like Marshall, Royal, Clady, Kuper, Harris, etc.

He's an excellent spread player.

He has won big games in the past in an Elway-light fahsion (4th and 26, etc.).

He's a great player.

Bring him in.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, Troy Aikman and John Elway were both very successful... but I think both had specific skill-sets. Aikman wasn't nearly as mobile and didn't have the arm John had. But, he was very accurate, and was an intelligent passer.
Both had systems eventually designed for them that allowed them to be successful.

I actually think McNabb COULD be successful with McDaniels. But, it would require McNabb to probably change his game a bit, like Elway had to do late in his career.

But, you're correct... McNabb is a better overall QB than Orton. You just have to factor in everything. (Age, cost, learning the system, skill-set, etc.)

I'll be happy either way, as long as we're developing a guy with some talent behind them.

I dont think thats the case. McNabb already plays in an offense similar to what McD had in NE.

Baba Booey
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Has Orton flown back to Vanderb...I mean Purdue to work out and pout yet?

summerdenver
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
McNabb plays pretty safe most of the time. It isn't like he throws up the Cutler/Favre Int numbers.

Anyways, I'm more wondering where this idea of him liking the "safe" QB comes from. He said when he was hired here that a huge selling point was Cutler. Cutler is the exact opposite of what you are saying he wants. There are now reports that we called about McNabb. This also seems to go against what some of you are saying he wants.

Mostly I am just saying that I don't think you guys know what he wants.

I have no inside sources, so I have no idea what actually went between McDaniels and Jay. At the time of Jay's trade, there was agreement among most pundits that Josh McDaniels likes a QB in the Cassel/Brady mold i.e accurate and avoids mistakes. I am only going by that + Orton seems to fit this description.

But you are correct, I have no way of knowing for sure what Josh McDaniels wants in a QB.

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Seems every offseason there is some rumor that McNabb is leaving Philly... I'll believe it when I see it.

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Seems every offseason there is some rumor that McNabb is leaving Philly... I'll believe it when I see it.

^^^

Not to mention how many big resources they threw at vet players so they could load up to go on a deep superbowl run due to Donovan's age. They're not letting off the gas and relatively starting over now.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Well, we got Philly's defensive leader...maybe we can get their offensive leader as well.

Lord knows, this offense needs a QB who can leave an effect on a game.

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
^^^

Not to mention how many big resources they threw at vet players so they could load up to go on a deep superbowl run due to Donovan's age. They're not letting off the gas and relatively starting over now.

100% agree... He will be 34 this season and realisticly has 2-3 (maybe 4 if he can stay healthy) good seasons left.

People still don't seem to realize that HOF calibur QB's don't grow on trees.

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Well, we got Philly's defensive leader...maybe we can get their offensive leader as well.

Lord knows, this offense needs a QB who can leave an effect on a game.

absolutely true... and I'll bet philly knows if McNabb leaves they will be in the same boat as us.

oubronco
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM
100% agree... He will be 34 this season and realisticly has 2-3 (maybe 4 if he can stay healthy) good seasons left.

Favre says otherwise

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM

In the last 6 years, he's only played all 16 games once.

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Favre says otherwise

Unfortunately McNabb is a lot more fragile than farve

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM

If you are Philly, do you trade him?

jhns
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM

I can see how that would be so much worse than Orton. The guy that has been injured 2 of 3 starting years. Hell, he may have been injured that first year. I wasn't paying much attention to him at the time.

TheReverend

Honestly... I'm not a McNabb fan whatsoever. I think he's a choker. I think he's horrid at intermediate passes and has a huge tendency to throw at feet when he's nervy

That being said, if I'm Philly, I'd donate a testicle to that man if he needed it.

After years, and years, and years of screwing him over with starting perimeter players like Thrash, Pinkston, Jack, ****, and Dick, he still kept that team (along with Jim Johnson, RIP) relevant, even before the rise of Westbrook.

epicSocialism4tw

Orton didnt play all 16 for us last year, so I dont see what we would suffer.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Send 'em Brandon Marshall for McNabb and call it a day.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Only if the following two criteria are met:

1. They truly believe Kolb is ready.
2. They can get a bounty for McNabb in a trade. Certainly not a 2nd or a 3rd rounder by itself. I'm talking decent first rounder or late first/early 2nd and a solid starter at a position of need at the very least.

TheDave
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
That being said, if I'm Philly, I'd donate a testicle to that man if he needed it.

After years, and years, and years of screwing him over with starting perimeter players like Thrash, Pinkston, Jack, ****, and Dick, he still kept that team (along with Jim Johnson, RIP) relevant, even before the rise of Westbrook.

I completely agree... and his thanks is an annual trade rumor.

He's not going anywhere.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Nothing says you are behind a guy quite like calling about another QB. Ha!

Popps
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Honestly... I'm not a McNabb fan whatsoever. I think he's a choker. I think he's horrid at intermediate passes

I wouldn't necessarily agree that he's a choker, but I do wonder about his intermediate passing... which is absolutely paramount to our system.

The guy throws a phenomenal deep ball. But, 90% of the heavy lifting in our system involves 5-15 yard passes that need touch, accuracy and the right decision being made.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Orton didnt play all 16 for us last year, so I dont see what we would suffer.

I can see how that would be so much worse than Orton. The guy that has been injured 2 of 3 starting years. Hell, he may have been injured that first year. I wasn't paying much attention to him at the time.

HUGE difference between suffering injuries in 5 of 6 seasons, none of which cost him LESS than 6 quarters of play, and suffering injuries in 2 seasons, one of which cost him just 4 quarters. AND one is about 6 years older than the other. It's scary that you can't see the difference.

Popps
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Nothing says you are behind a guy quite like calling about another QB. Ha!

I don't think anyone has any doubts that we'd be looking to improve for the future. That's sort of a given.

That said, I do think Orton will wind up starting next season. This McNabb thing feels like your typical off-season rumor to me.

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't necessarily agree that he's a choker, but I do wonder about his intermediate passing... which is absolutely paramount to our system.

The guy throws a phenomenal deep ball. But, 90% of the heavy lifting in our system involves 5-15 yard passes that need touch, accuracy and the right decision being made.

Oh, he's definitely a choker.

As for the heavy lifting in our system... is that BECAUSE of the system, or because of the QBs limitations? I'm sure McDaniels is well aware of both of their strengths and wouldn't be calling if Orton was satisfying all of his systematic needs.

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
"Now where is that 2010 Chicago first round pick?"

"I know I put it around here somewhere."

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
"Now where is that 2010 Chicago first round pick?"

"I know I put it around here somewhere."

Hard to see him behind tall objects like coffee tables, desk chairs and shoe boxes

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm not sure if you know this but Brandon Marshall is pretty damn good. McNabb seems like a QB that would make do with the "trash" you seem to think we have here. If a scrub like Cutler and a over-rated Bates could make Royal look good I think McNabb could do the same.

Broncoman13
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Not true at all!

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Not true at all!

You're literally the one who started this rumor last year!

Travishamockery is supposed to be on OTHER forums.

oubronco
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Can we trade for Cutler

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
HUGE difference between suffering injuries in 5 of 6 seasons, none of which cost him LESS than 6 quarters of play, and suffering injuries in 2 seasons, one of which cost him just 4 quarters. AND one is about 6 years older than the other. It's scary that you can't see the difference.

What's scary is that you have convinced yourself that Kyle Orton is a better option than Donovan McNabb at any stage in McNabb's career.

azbroncfan
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
If he is available Denver will be fighting Arizona, Minnesota and probably another team for him. I'll bet Arizona would be his first choice too if he has any say in it.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think anyone has any doubts that we'd be looking to improve for the future. That's sort of a given.

That said, I do think Orton will wind up starting next season. This McNabb thing feels like your typical off-season rumor to me.

When I think improving for the future for some reason I don't think of 13 year vets. Call it whatever you like to, but again it's in the end it's the same crap. The owner and the coach go out of their ways to say that Orton is the man and then a rumor comes up about us looking for a improvement over him. I wish they would have just said Orton played very well but we like all teams would explore every opportunity to improve the team. Clearly they are not as comfortable with going into next year with Orton as the main guy as they would like us to believe.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure if you know this but Brandon Marshall is pretty damn good. McNabb seems like a QB that would make do with the "trash" you seem to think we have here. If a scrub like Cutler and a over-rated Bates could make Royal look good I think McNabb could do the same.

Two different arguments here. I'm talking about going deep, pure and simple. Desean made McNabb look better in this area because he got so open so regularly. Neither Marshall nor Royal can simply run past people and get open by 20 yards with any regularity like Desean Jackson did this past year.

The only reason I could see McD really going in this direction is if he had some inside info that the Pats were about to part ways with Moss. Now McNabb + Moss would be lethal and would make me completely switch gears on the whole thing.

jhns
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
If he is available Denver will be fighting Arizona, Minnesota and probably another team for him. I'll bet Arizona would be his first choice too if he has any say in it.

This is all true. Let's just hope Favre comes back and that will take the Vikings out. As for Arizona, we would have to win a bidding war. I think it is worth it for a good QB though. If we really plan on drafting another project, I would rather them learn under McNabb over Orton. We would also have a much better shot at doing something over the next few years.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
What's scary is that you have convinced yourself that Kyle Orton is a better option than Donovan McNabb at any stage in McNabb's career.

Sorry, but there comes a time in every person's career where they are not nearly as good as they once were and guys that couldn't hold their jock just a few years ago are now all of a sudden better options for the $. Happens every year in sports and especially in the NFL where it is an EXTREME rarity for guys in their mid to late 30s to perform at a higher level than the average younger guys.

Rohirrim
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Can we trade for Cutler

If we had an extra fourth round pick. :wiggle:

oubronco
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
If we had an extra fourth round pick. :wiggle:

well hell we got a short slow corner will that do?

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry, but there comes a time in every person's career where they are not nearly as good as they once were and guys that couldn't hold their jock just a few years ago are now all of a sudden better options for the $. Happens every year in sports and especially in the NFL where it is an EXTREME rarity for guys in their mid to late 30s to perform at a higher level than the average younger guys.

...except for the hall of famers like McNabb, Elway, Montana, and Favre.

broncofan7
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
GET. IT. DONE. and for the record--I called it that we would inquire about him.........

HEAV
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Translation: He is a WINNER, and you just cannot lose with a winner at QB.

We had that in Jake Plummer...but the mastermind got out coached by Cowher and needed to save face....

No to McNabb, he's not the runner he used to be (knee injury) and he's a west coast QB. I want to see Kyle Orton in year two and see if he progresses in the McDaniels offense.

Leave the McNabb chase to the Cards,Vikes....Raiders.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
...except for the hall of famers like McNabb, Elway, Montana, and Favre.

There is pretty much a zero chance of McNabb going to the HOF.

Popps
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh, he's definitely a choker.

As for the heavy lifting in our system... is that BECAUSE of the system, or because of the QBs limitations? I'm sure McDaniels is well aware of both of their strengths and wouldn't be calling if Orton was satisfying all of his systematic needs.

Assuming he really called.

I think McDaniels could do well with McNabb. But, it's a tricky situation.

Boobs McGee
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I can totally see truth in this "rumor". McD has shown he's not afraid to do anything it takes (personnel wise) to field the best team...Instead of getting called this time, ala cassell, he's being proactive and exploring any possibility to help the team get better. If he thinks the overall risk/reward of checking out donnie mac could help us right now, then do it.

I'm a big orton fan, and I'm curious to see what he'd do next year as a starter. Hell, I actually HOPE he has his best year yet, and shows that he can be our guy. BUT. I understand that McD's knowledge of the game goes far beyond anything I can hope to comprehend, so for now I'll just assume he's going to do what he thinks gives us the best chance for a ring.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I can totally see truth in this "rumor". McD has shown he's not afraid to do anything it takes (personnel wise) to field the best team...Instead of getting called this time, ala cassell, he's being proactive and exploring any possibility to help the team get better. If he thinks the overall risk/reward of checking out donnie mac could help us right now, then do it.

I'm a big orton fan, and I'm curious to see what he'd do next year as a starter. Hell, I actually HOPE he has his best year yet, and shows that he can be our guy. BUT. I understand that McD's knowledge of the game goes far beyond anything I can hope to comprehend, so for now I'll just assume he's going to do what he thinks gives us the best chance for a ring.

I love this post. Motion seconded.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
We had that in Jake Plummer...but the mastermind got out coached by Cowher and needed to save face....

No to McNabb, he's not the runner he used to be (knee injury) and he's a west coast QB. I want to see Kyle Orton in year two and see if he progresses in the McDaniels offense.

Leave the McNabb chase to the Cards,Vikes....Raiders.

I get a kick out of people saying Plummer was a winner. :rofl: The guy played well in a system tailored to hide his faults by the mastermind you bash so much. I don't think you will find many Cards fans that think he winner. :giggle: Thinking that Plummer's 4 turnovers in that game are clearly the result of Mike Shanahan poor game planning is amazing. It's like you believe we practiced poor ball control all week before the game.

HEAV
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I get a kick out of people saying Plummer was a winner. :rofl: The guy played well in a system tailored to hide his faults by the mastermind you bash so much. I don't think you will find many Cards fans that think he winner. :giggle: Thinking that Plummer's 4 turnovers in that game are clearly the result of Mike Shanahan poor game planning is amazing. It's like you believe we practiced poor ball control all week before the game.

What was Jake's record in Denver?

Shanny's pass protection against the Steelers was a joke and his defense couldn't get off the field on third down.

But again the Shanny boys ignore facts and live in 1998...

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM

we already have a more talented version of Desean Jackson on the roster, named Eddie Royal. McDaniels just needs to get the ball to the guy.

DBroncos4life
02-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Shanny's pass protection against the Steelers was a joke and his defense couldn't get off the field on third down.

But again the Shanny boys ignore facts and live in 1998...

What is his record over-all? What is his record as a Card? He was a career loser. He was a career turnover machine! Plummer had just three seasons where he didn't throw as many INTs as TDs and two of those years came under Mike Shanahan. You want to praise him and call him a winner and take jabs at the only man that could make Plummer into a serviceable QB. The only one ignoring anything here is you. Plummers turnover gave them points in that game and anytime we got momentum on our side Plummer would throw it right back to them. I give the Steelers credit they were a very good team on D. They ranked 3rd in yards 4th in points allowed and 3rd in the NFL in sacks that year. I'm sure Shanahan knew this as well but something tells me he didn't game plan for Plummer to play that poorly.

TonyR
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM

I don't know, Rev, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they moved him this offseason. You figure they drafted Kolb for a reason and maybe they think it's time. And for what it's worth, The Eagles reporter on 97.5 The Fanatic reported a couple of weeks ago he was told by someone within the organization that he would not be surprised if McNabb wasn't back next year. Also factor in McNabb's possible unwillingness to play on the last year of his contract, almost unheard of for a franchise QB.

Broncoman13
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
we already have a more talented version of Desean Jackson on the roster, named Eddie Royal. McDaniels just needs to get the ball to the guy.

Oh please!

blackpower
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
its time to get him in denver, we will win the super bowl wit him.

blackpower
02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
maybe we ned to bring my man vick too.

blackpower
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
David gerad mite be available too.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
its time to get dis brother in denver, we will win the super bowl wit him.

What the heck is this crap?

Your little persona should be getting banned soon.

blackpower
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
What the heck is this crap?

Your little persona should be getting banned soon.

for what wanting the broncos to get mcnab?

blackpower
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
donoven mcnab is one of the best qb ever

Requiem
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
It was only a matter of time before McSkillet got offended by such a name. I wonder when BF7 is going to join in on the fuss. McSkillet, you're free to make a name "whitepower"!

blackpower
02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
mcnabb may go to chicago

Mogulseeker
02-08-2010, 04:03 PM

For talking like an idiot, and verbal diarrhea, and short posts that dont really say anything.

Goodbye...

I thought McNabb was the best QB in the NFL at one point, but I would be opposed to this. Orton is a good QB. If we need a great QB, lets drat one and let McD work his magic.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Can we trade for Cutler

how about a 5th and a 5 dollar foot long for him?

blackpower
02-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I thought McNabb was the best QB in the NFL at one point, but I would be opposed to this. Orton is a good QB. If we need a great QB, lets drat one and let McD work his magic.

mcnab is still one of the best, and the broncos should take a look at vick too. orton is not good

blackpower
02-08-2010, 04:05 PM
ortons number cant fade mcnabs

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
It was only a matter of time before McSkillet got offended by such a name. I wonder when BF7 is going to join in on the fuss. McSkillet, you're free to make a name "whitepower"!

Quit following me around like a yippy chihuahua. Go away.

Its pretty evident that this is some board regular trying to Rush Limbaugh this conversation.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM

No...for being a white guy wearing internet blackface.

Popps
02-08-2010, 04:07 PM
donoven mcnab is one of the best qb ever

[ ] Is a real poster
[x] Is an alter ego
[x] Is most likely BF7

Requiem
Quit following me around like a yippy chihuahua. Go away.

It isn't following, it just so happens that you have a preponderance of idiotic statements. You'd garner less responses if you'd stop spewing such nonsense and crying wolf like a eight year old child.

Mogulseeker
Bottom line: Orton is younger. He played fine - there's no need to bring in an old guy - if we need a QB we can draft one and let Orton be the interim guy.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
It isn't following, it just so happens that you have a preponderance of idiotic statements. You'd garner less responses if you'd stop spewing such nonsense and crying wolf like a eight year old child.

Less of your responses? That would be good. My amusement with you only goes as far as laughing at you personally.

broncofan7
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Shanny's pass protection against the Steelers was a joke and his defense couldn't get off the field on third down.But again the Shanny boys ignore facts and live in 1998...

neither could Indianapolis's last night..........

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
[ ] Is a real poster
[x] Is an alter ego
[x] Is most likely BF7

I thought the same thing...however, who would be stupid enough to post something as patently racist?

broncofan7
02-08-2010, 04:11 PM

:rofl:

Requiem
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Less of your responses? That would be good. My amusement with you only goes as far as laughing at you personally.

Yet you know nothin' about me. Hilarious!

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Yet you know nothin' about me.

You've revealed just on this thread that you arent aware of alot of things, yet you still interject as though you are the authority on all things despite the fact that the conversation is over your head. It seems to be a pattern of yours.

broncofan7
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
[ ] Is a real poster
[x] Is an alter ego
[x] Is most likely BF7

HA! I got busted on my only alter ego (bronxfan) and I can say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't have made a screen name like that--maybe Italian Stallion but not blackpower. but I do agree-McNabb gives us instant playmaking ability from the QB spot--ala Plummer and Cutler. IF he costs us even one 2nd rounder--get 'er done!

Requiem
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
You've revealed just on this thread that you arent aware of alot of things, yet you still interject as though you are the authority on all things despite the fact that the conversation is over your head. It seems to be a pattern of yours.

I'm aware of the fact that you were complaining about the identity of a poster on the board and the fact that it dealt with "blackpower." You seem to have a problem dealing with issues of race and diversity. That burden is on you, not me. Don't think that observation goes over my head.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm aware of the fact that you were complaining about the identity of a poster on the board and the fact that it dealt with "blackpower." You seem to have a problem dealing with issues of race and diversity. That burden is on you, not me. Don't think that observation goes over my head.

:spit:

Seriously? You still dont understand?

Ha!

Requiem
02-08-2010, 04:26 PM
You should be the last one to complain about trolling, McSkillet.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
You should be the last one to complain about trolling, McSkillet.

You shouldn't worry your pretty little head about me. There's the coolenss that Wolf floW ascribes to you, and you should concern yourself with Wolf floW.

Archer81
02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
HA! I got busted on my only alter ego (bronxfan) and I can say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't have made a screen name like that--maybe Italian Stallion but not blackpower. but I do agree-McNabb gives us instant playmaking ability from the QB spot--ala Plummer and Cutler. IF he costs us even one 2nd rounder--get 'er done!

http://tinyurl.com/9tvts2

:Broncos:

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow. McNabb. I've never given much thought to potentially acquiring him.

McNabb still has a good five years in him, right? Still in his prime. Some team is gonna offer a good package for him. He's a good QB and his skills should stay the same for five more years at least.

What will it take to trade for him, though? Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler and a 3? Without the players probably multiple picks, a 2, 3, and future picks?

It's gonna be interesting to see how this turns out.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM

McNabb still has a good five years in him, right? Still in his prime. Some team is gonna offer a good package for him. He's a good QB and his skills should stay the same for five more years at least.

What will it take to trade for him, though? Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler and a 3? Without the players probably multiple picks, a 2, 3, and future picks?

I think that you could just about get him for Marshall...although trading Marshall would leave McNabb the same type of WR's in Denver that he has had in Philly.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM

34 years old isn't exactly "prime".....and "at least" five more years, with the style he plays is quite generous IMO.

Requiem
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
You shouldn't worry your pretty little head about me. There's the coolenss that Wolf floW ascribes to you, and you should concern yourself with Wolf floW.

Whttp://www.temptatts4u.com/TNT%20wolf%20head.jpgLF
FLhttp://www.temptatts4u.com/TNT%20wolf%20head.jpgW

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM

while i agree, that McNabb is a better QB than Orton, at his age, injury past, and the fact that he seems lacking in intelligence, it would not be a big enough upgrade to us to switch out Orton for McNabb.

also, since it will more than likely cost a 2nd rounder at least to get him, i think it would be better to use that 2nd round pick on any number of QBs that McDaniels could groom for a season while Orton holds down the QB spot for another year.

Brown, McCoy, Snead, Robinson, Pike, Lefevour, Canfield, Skelton all are QBs that can be had in the 2nd through 4th rounds that McDaniels can groom for a year. Also, i know the idea is kinf of an annoyance, but more than likely Clausen will be available at 11.

with McNabb we are in a situation where we are better for a year at the QB poistion but then are in a situation of needing to find a replacement because he is older and reaching his end. While with Orton we aren't upgraded this season, but in an affordable situation where we have a guy who isn't going to lose us any games while we prepare a rookie for the eventual takeover.

so the question becomes, do we want to be better this season and then rebuilding for a a couple seasons after, or do we want to not be upgraded this season, but preparing for 2011 and beyond.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
34 years old isn't exactly "prime".....and "at least" five more years, with the style he plays is quite generous IMO.

McD is playing for today. He's not building for 5 years down the road.

If he thinks that McN has 2-3 good seasons left in him, then he's going to go for it. Evidently he does since he has already made the inquiry. McD must think that QB is a need, or that upgrading QB would be worthwhile enough to move some other assets for.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM

McNabb has maybe 3 years left in him, and those years won;t be at an extremely high level. especially if he is in a new city with a different scheme, he is going to have the learning curve and when he finally masters the system, that team will be looking for his replacement.

i would be against trading for him. i like him, but at this stage in his career, no thanks.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
McD is playing for today. He's not building for 5 years down the road.

If he thinks that McN has 2-3 good seasons left in him, then he's going to go for it. Evidently he does since he has already made the inquiry. McD must think that QB is a need.

This couldn't be more different from what I was responding to above.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
:rofl:

i'm serious about Royal. unlike Jackson who only really has the home run threat ability, Royal has that ability as well as the ability to take the hard routes across the middle.

he is tougher, has near the same speed, and great hands. McDaniels just needs to think of ways to get the ball in his hands, and the results will be badass.

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
This couldn't be more different from what I was responding to above.

Durability, duration. It doesnt matter. If McN has 2-3 good years, it will be worth it for McD to move assets for him. McD is trying to establish credibility, leadership, and responsibility on the team. McN is a player who would help in that regard, and to McD, that is worth spending assets for. We see how Dawkins' leadership and competitiveness changed the defense.

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 04:43 PM

They actually have no need for any of those players anymore. Last year, they had huge needs for all 3, but the performance of McCoy and Maclin, the development of Avant and Brent Celek... and they're fine there

epicSocialism4tw
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Champ Bailey for McNabb?

bowtown
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Champ Bailey for McNabb?

Yuck.

Mr.Meanie
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
McNabb is a top 10 QB and an improvement over Orton. By checking up on him they are doing what they should be doing. But unless the eagles are going to give him up for peanuts, I doubt this will go beyond a phone call.

Mr.Meanie
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I suggest we pick up McNabb and draft Rolondo McClain and Joe McKnight. Nice, I like.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
McNabb is a top 10 QB

no way

jhns
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
A lot of people are thinking McNabb or Kolb are gone. ESPN insider has something about Kolb possibly leaving in the rumor section. I'm not really sure how they connected these dots though.

The Kolb quote makes it sound like he doesn't care if he starts next season. That means it may be pretty easy for them to keep both without Kolb getting pissy. I don't see why they would get rid of either if thats the case. Well, unless they think Kolb is the better option.

Although we continue to hear speculation of a Donovan McNabb trade to a variety of locations, there have been concurrent signs that Kevin Kolb could be on the move, too.

Eagles TE Brent Celek was on WFAN on Friday morning, and he compared Kolb to Drew Brees, per a tweet from Eagles beat writer Geoff Mosher. Does that mean his career will take off with another team? On Sunday night, Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote that Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert are on the lookout for their version of Brees. Hmmm.

In comments this past week to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Kolb said, "I want to be a starter in the NFL. ... But I'm going to be a team player. I trust [coach] Andy [Reid]. I trust his decisions and his ability to see what's in the future and plan out my career the right way." Kolb has been spending his time off fishing, per the Star-Telegram. We'll be interested to see whether he catches his wish -- becoming an NFL starting QB -- as well this offseason.

Mr.Meanie
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
no way

In my opinion:

Top Tier
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees

Secondary Tier
4. Rivers
5. Favre
6. Rodgers
7. Schaub
8. McNabb
9. Roethlisberger
10. Ryan
11. Romo

3rd Tier
12. Palmer
13. Flacco
14. Orton
15. Young
16. Garrard
17. Manning
etc.

4th Tier
Henne
Quinn
Hasselbeck
Bulger
etc.

I think McNabb is definately an upgrade, but probably not worth the cost.

azbroncfan
02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
This is all true. Let's just hope Favre comes back and that will take the Vikings out. As for Arizona, we would have to win a bidding war. I think it is worth it for a good QB though. If we really plan on drafting another project, I would rather them learn under McNabb over Orton. We would also have a much better shot at doing something over the next few years.

Why do you say we would win a bidding war over AZ? He lives here most of the time and has businesses around. They have better weapons too.

Tombstone RJ
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Ready go !

I dunno...

RhymesayersDU
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I didn't get past page 1, but color me excited. You guys know where I stand on this.

jhns
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Why do you say we would win a bidding war over AZ? He lives here most of the time and has businesses around. They have better weapons too.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a bidding war, but I didn't say we would win one.

TonyR
02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
In my opinion:

No Cutler? Does his tier depend on whether he's in a 1-2, 3-4, or 5+ int mood?

Mr.Meanie
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
No Cutler? Does his tier depend on whether he's in a 1-2, 3-4, or 5+ int mood?

Ah forgot about him... I just wrote that up off the top of my head obviously.

I think he could be in the 2nd tier, but probably tied with Romo. Or at the top of the 3rd tier. (in my opinion)

Broncoman13
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
You're literally the one who started this rumor last year!

Travishamockery is supposed to be on OTHER forums.

I've been enlightened!

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Eh, he's barely 33 now, 10 year vet. I don't know what to think about the whole situation. I'm just cruising along right now.

snowspot66
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM

You guys do want to draft our own players right?

Or should we just give up a couple of picks in the deepest draft in years?

You guys sure love to bitch about last years pick of Smith but yeah let's give up a 2nd or more for an old QB who won't even be playing in 3 or 4 years. Never mind the fact that we don't even know if he would still be able to play well in his remaining time.

Circle Orange
02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Why are so many teams acting like McNabb is a draft pick or something? It's getting ridiculous. http://scosoft.com/s/n/4cc2da12.gif

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
McNabb has maybe 3 years left in him, and those years won;t be at an extremely high level. especially if he is in a new city with a different scheme, he is going to have the learning curve and when he finally masters the system, that team will be looking for his replacement.

i would be against trading for him. i like him, but at this stage in his career, no thanks.

Only three years? I think more like 5. But even with 5, it's all about the cost. It would be kind of goofy to get into a bidding war that will probably get pricey considering the teams that need a QB more than Denver does.

Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, J-ville, Tampa, they all might be interested in a guy that still has the physical skills he had his rookie year.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Only three years? I think more like 5. But even with 5, it's all about the cost. It would be kind of goofy to get into a bidding war that will probably get pricey considering the teams that need a QB more than Denver does.

Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, J-ville, Tampa, they all might be interested in a guy that still has the physical skills he had his rookie year.

he is 33 right now. 34 before the season starts. no way is he still strapping on the pads at 39. he has endured a lot more injuries than the average QB. he is fragile. 37 when he retires seems most likely to me, and even that might be stretching it with all the injuries he has had to overcome.

PaintballCLE
02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Why draft a young Qb when hes gonna have to sit out all of 2011 and beyond while there is a lockout. Getting a guy for a year to make a run at it makes sense.

broncswin
02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I want McNabb...peace out

azbroncfan
02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a bidding war, but I didn't say we would win one.

I misread your post I thought it said We would win the bidding war with AZ instead it said we would have to win a bidding war. My bad.

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
They actually have no need for any of those players anymore. Last year, they had huge needs for all 3, but the performance of McCoy and Maclin, the development of Avant and Brent Celek... and they're fine there

So the cost for McNabb would be multiple draft picks. Probably too much, probably not even worth exploring.

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
he is 33 right now. 34 before the season starts. no way is he still strapping on the pads at 39. he has endured a lot more injuries than the average QB. he is fragile. 37 when he retires seems most likely to me, and even that might be stretching it with all the injuries he has had to overcome.

Only 10 years in the NFL. He's still the same QB as when he was a rookie. I doubt if it's worth exploring since the cost will be very high. There's at least 4 teams that want McNabb more than Denver does.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Only 10 years in the NFL. He's still the same QB as when he was a rookie. I doubt if it's worth exploring since the cost will be very high. There's at least 4 teams that want McNabb more than Denver does.

same QB my ass. he is falling apart year by year. He is starting to look like McNair at the end of his career.

the injuries are adding up and taking a toll on him, also learning a new system at his age isn't a great thing, especially when you consider he isn't all that intelligent.

him in a new city, learning a new system and overcoming his latest injury will not be an improvement or enough of an improvement to warrant trading valuable picks to get him as a stop gap for a year or 2.

snowspot66
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Why draft a young Qb when hes gonna have to sit out all of 2011 and beyond while there is a lockout. Getting a guy for a year to make a run at it makes sense.

No it doesn't because nobody in the world would say we are a legitimate threat to go all the way next year. If we had made the AFCCG this year and failed because of Orton then maybe you would have a point. But we didn't. We need more talent. Not an old QB taking up valuable and limited resources.

Cito Pelon
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
same QB my ass. he is falling apart year by year. He is starting to look like McNair at the end of his career.

the injuries are adding up and taking a toll on him, also learning a new system at his age isn't a great thing, especially when you consider he isn't all that intelligent.

him in a new city, learning a new system and overcoming his latest injury will not be an improvement or enough of an improvement to warrant trading valuable picks to get him as a stop gap for a year or 2.

TD%, INT%, sacks, yards, all his stats about the same in 2009 as over his career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

I'm not advocating trading for him considering what the cost will be. Somebody I think will give up a lot for McNabb, and he'll probably be a good Qb for them for about 5 years. He's worth more to other teams than he is to the Broncos. Dude is only a 10 year vet, but he's been in about 12 playoff games, so it seems like he's been in the league longer.

NFLBRONCO
02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
In my opinion:

Top Tier
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees

Secondary Tier
4. Rivers
5. Favre
6. Rodgers
7. Schaub
8. McNabb
9. Roethlisberger
10. Ryan
11. Romo

3rd Tier
12. Palmer
13. Flacco
14. Orton
15. Young
16. Garrard
17. Manning
etc.

4th Tier
Henne
Quinn
Hasselbeck
Bulger
etc.

I think McNabb is definately an upgrade, but probably not worth the cost.

I don't think Brady belongs in top tier anymore

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 11:11 PM
TD%, INT%, sacks, yards, all his stats about the same in 2009 as over his career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

I'm not advocating trading for him considering what the cost will be. Somebody I think will give up a lot for McNabb, and he'll probably be a good Qb for them for about 5 years. He's worth more to other teams than he is to the Broncos. Dude is only a 10 year vet, but he's been in about 12 playoff games, so it seems like he's been in the league longer.

i'm not talking length of time in the NFL. i am talking wear and tear on the body. his body has a lot of wear and tear on it, and that is not going to carry him to make it 5 more years in this league. look at Peyton Manning in comparison to McNabb. Peyton has been in the league a year longer yet is the same age and looks like he can easily play until he is 40 which is 6 years away. He has not suffered any of the injuries McNabb does yearly, he doesn't get hit near as often. he has a lot less mileage on his body than McNabb.

McNabb has at most 3 years left in the NFL. it will be like Elway, the heart and mind may still want the game, but the body can't do it anymore.

also, he isn't the same QB as when he was young. he was much more mobile and loose in his style of play. the stats may be similar year to year, but they aren't coming the same way they used to.

BroncoMan4ever
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Top Tier
1. Brees(top 2 went at it sunday, and Peyton is the one who flinched first)
2. Manning
3. Rivers

Secondary Tier
4. Rodgers
5. Roethlisberger
6. Brady(no longer in competition with Peyton as best in the game)
7. Ryan
8. Romo
9. McNabb
10. Schaub(lower than where he was originally listed, injuries move him down)
11. Orton(may not be pretty but he gets the job done and doesn't kill his team)

3rd Tier
12. Palmer
13. Flacco
14. Young
15. Garrard
16. Eli Manning
17. Cutler (depending on week to week, he fluctuates from being a potential top 3, to being a guy who should be mopping floors in the stadium bathrooms)

Bigdawg26
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Honestly Peyton is a little better than Brees but Brady is underneath Brees. I would put it:
Top Tier:
Manning
Brees
Brady
Second Tier:
Rodgers
Rivers
McNabb
Schaub
Manning
Roethlisberger ( I little overrated due to play time defense and their reliance on the running game)
Ryan
Romo
Palmer (doesnt look the same)
Third Tier
Flacco
Cutler
Garrard
Young
Sanchez
Orton
Flacco
Cambell

broncocalijohn
02-09-2010, 12:22 AM

how about we have seen Casino Royal's act and it looks familiar. Vick? Come on. He is pumping up black Qbs (with his moniker) just like Joshua does with Jews. Probably same guy. Hotrod/dortoh

Premier-Ace55
02-09-2010, 06:43 AM
No it wouldn't.

Bro which one of the qb's from the draft do you want?