02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the link.

NFLBRONCO
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
saw it

strafen
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
saw itIn 4 minutes?
This link is for the whole interview. 29:42 minutes. A lot longer than the one on TV.

The good:
I think McDaniels has a good plan for the season.
He continues to show he's a smart football guy that understand what it takes to win.

The bad: He dodged a couple of questions directly implied to be about Hillis and Scheffler at the 12th minute segment of the interview. He answered the question by making reference to players on defense like Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, etc... the question was more about Hillis and Scheffler like I said.

Overall, good interview, let's see if he can practice what he preaches and translates that into more wins for us next season...

SouthStndJunkie
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
It was a pretty boring interview.

strafen
02-07-2010, 10:45 PM
It was a pretty boring interview.The lack of more specific answers bugged me a little.
For example at the ~24th minute he was asked about the draft if he had any specific area of the team he would want to address. He again gave generic answers.
Don't get me wrong, I understand he's not going to say what player(s) he's looking to get, that was not the question, it was about areas of the team that has the most needs.
So, I'm afraid judging by his answers that he might still go for a player like Alphonso Smith or Quinn as he put it.."players that can help our team"
What does that mean.
I think a player can help our team. The question is, what area of the team do we need more help at?

tsiguy96
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
The lack of more specific answers bugged me a little.
For example at the ~24th minute he was asked about the draft if he had any specific area of the team he would want to address. He again gave generic answers.
Don't get me wrong, I understand he's not going to say what player(s) he's looking to get, that was not the question, it was about areas of the team that has the most needs.
So, I'm afraid judging by his answers that he might still go for a player like Alphonso Smith or Quinn as he put it.."players that can help our team"
What does that mean.
I think a player can help our team. The question is, what area of the team do we need more help at?

no NFL coach will ever say what they are specifically looking for in the draft. not a single one, that includes mcdaniels.

strafen
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
no NFL coach will ever say what they are specifically looking for in the draft. not a single one, that includes mcdaniels.Even though I've made clear that I understood that a coach wouldn't be specific about a specific player, you still managed to miss that point and try to argue.
The question was about the areas of the team that has a priority going into the draft

tsiguy96
02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Even though I've made clear that I understood that a coach wouldn't be specific about a specific player, you still managed to miss that point and try to argue.
That's no what I said, was it?

you said you want him to say what he is looking for in the draft specifically. guess what, i bet even mcdaniels doesnt know for sure until hes on the clock and to see whos on the board still. they are always looking to upgrade every position in draft and FA, he gave a very honest answer.

strafen
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
you said you want him to say what he is looking for in the draft specifically. guess what, i bet even mcdaniels doesnt know for sure until hes on the clock and to see whos on the board still. they are always looking to upgrade every position in draft and FA, he gave a very honest answer.So, he doesn't know if he wants to address the offense or defense in the draft?
As in what areas he would be looking to upgrade?
He will find out once he's on the clock?! ROFL!
Wow, we're in trouble then...

baja
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
10 and 6 in 2010

The MVPlaya
02-08-2010, 04:19 AM
The lack of more specific answers bugged me a little.
What does that mean.

No coach will ever answer that question directly unless there is injury possibly or something extremely obvious.

They've been working every day, very hard as it seems, I think they know what areas they need help.

Why would coach ever answer that question? Answering that question makes you vulnerable to the upcoming FA, the draft, etc. Did you forget how Shanny handled those questions?

Seriously - you're a fuccin dumbasssss. :rofl:

WolfpackGuy
02-08-2010, 04:36 AM
The question was about the areas of the team that has a priority going into the draft

This time around let's just hope they spend more than a few weeks preparing.

Maybe they'll upgrade the draft board to something larger than a Post-It note as well this year.

Durango
02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
No coach will ever answer that question directly unless there is injury possibly or something extremely obvious.

They've been working every day, very hard as it seems, I think they know what areas they need help.

Why would coach ever answer that question? Answering that question makes you vulnerable to the upcoming FA, the draft, etc. Did you forget how Shanny handled those questions?

Seriously - you're a fuccin dumbasssss. :rofl:

Yeah, I could hear that. He's going skiing to think things over.

Look, I don't begrudge the man a vacation, but he could have been a little more specific about what he sees as real need areas for the team. The question wasn't posed as confrontation either, as you seem predisposed to take every God D**ned thing posted on this site that doesn't fit nicely into your God-worship of Josh McDaniels. Jesus!

Broncos_OTM
02-08-2010, 07:34 AM
So, he doesn't know if he wants to address the offense or defense in the draft?
your being a drama queen. They have what you call a big board. When they get to their selection they will see who is available who they rate as their BPA and then select him. If you want to know the future, call Cleo. Other than that sit back and enjoy the ride.
You make it sound like the Orginization has no clue about the draft and what to do when their pick comes up
Dude your kind of a BIG drama queen. Man up

Broncos_OTM
02-08-2010, 07:36 AM

Look, I don't begrudge the man a vacation, but he could have been a little more specific about what he sees as real need areas for the team. The question wasn't posed as confrontation either, as you seem predisposed to take every God D**ned thing posted on this site that doesn't fit nicely into your God-worship of Josh McDaniels. Jesus!

Bipolar much?

Archer81
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
This time around let's just hope they spend more than a few weeks preparing.

Maybe they'll upgrade the draft board to something larger than a Post-It note as well this year.

A post-it note is a little dramatic. Clearly it was an index card...:wiggle:

:Broncos:

Archer81
02-08-2010, 07:40 AM
The general tone of harping on McDaniels because he wont answer specifically about the team's need areas is a little silly to me. Shanahan never gave specific answers about the draft, team needs or what direction they would go in during FA. We found out what he thought the team needs were after he drafted or signed guys. Its the same for every other NFL team. As for the "dudging" of the Sheffler and Hillis questions...they were backup players. Does any other NFL HC get asked that many questions about their 2nd string TE or 3rd string RB?

Broncos_OTM
02-08-2010, 07:51 AM
I like Sheffler and Hillis. If we have to get rid of them to smoothe over the locker room i am giving them away. Possibly giving a team a draft pick to do so. Ok i was being sarcastic there. I like what MCD is doing to this team. He has his short comeings for sure. As everyone does. Most of us have been crying for this sort of accountability to be in this orginization for so long. Does it piss me off that we are called the NE Patriots west? No becasue look at KC.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2010, 07:56 AM

Please.

If he said "the offense", then you'd just crucify him for not wanting to improve the unit that largely collapsed during the 2nd half of the season.

If he said "the defense", then you'd just crucify him for not wanting to improve what you view as a major weakness of the team.

We all get it. He can do no right in your eyes. Awesome. Why don't you just leave until he's either fired or moves on in some other way to some other team, because we all know what you're going to say before you say it?

Kaylore
02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I like what he said about having his draft board available. Failures in the draft are 40% of what I'm looking for and I'm hoping a feel season of scouting will avoid the underwhelming class that he had last year. I want to see him exercise some prudence and patience this year in the draft. I hope they continue their excellent efforts in free agency too. Free agency home runs were the biggest reason our defense turned around. He also said he believes in modifying the system to the player which is different than what we were hearing last year. Let's hope that we see some serious upgrades and hit on the draft. If not, then we will be turning the page on McDaniels next year.

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM

he will make choices to upgrade the team in the draft, depending on whos available and who they like. if you are not in the draft room of the denver broncos, thats all you need to know.

strafen
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
your being a drama queen. They have what you call a big board. When they get to their selection they will see who is available who they rate as their BPA and then select him. If you want to know the future, call Cleo. Other than that sit back and enjoy the ride.
You make it sound like the Orginization has no clue about the draft and what to do when their pick comes up
Dude your kind of a BIG drama queen. Man upI understand a lot of you guys don't like me.
You guys can't wait to jump on my case as soon as you get a chance, and quite often, you read stuff that I didn't say.
This is one of them. BTW, I could care less about who likes me and who doesn't.

Anyway, don't accuse me of creating drama when tsigay96 started the drama by reading into stuff I didn't say, even after my disclaimer. That's how much of an idiot that guy is.
And here you are looking like a moron saying the same thing.
Look. There's nothing wrong with McDaniels telling the fans that our defense will be upgraded, or that pur offense will be upgraded thru the draft.
He could be lying for all I care, but stop the freakin' dodging and evading questions.
Stop sending people on a wild goose chase

BPA to McDaniles means guys like Moreno, Quinn, Smith.
I think he needs to re-assess his position and draft by needs.

You guys are the reason why I started to hate McDaniels, people like you, florida broncos, tsigay69, and the gangster MVPlaya'

I was hoping to have a decent debate about McDaniels interview, but I should've known better to do that without hurting the feelings of the idiots mentioned above.
You guys need to grow up!

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I like what he said about having his draft board available. Failures in the draft are 40% of what I'm looking for and I'm hoping a feel season of scouting will avoid the underwhelming class that he had last year. I want to see him exercise some prudence and patience this year in the draft. I hope they continue their excellent efforts in free agency too. Free agency home runs were the biggest reason our defense turned around. He also said he believes in modifying the system to the player which is different than what we were hearing last year. Let's hope that we see some serious upgrades and hit on the draft. If not, then we will be turning the page on McDaniels next year.

he said you can modify the system to an extent, but you really need to find guys who fit the system so its a set structure.

strafen
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Please.

If he said "the offense", then you'd just crucify him for not wanting to improve the unit that largely collapsed during the 2nd half of the season.

If he said "the defense", then you'd just crucify him for not wanting to improve what you view as a major weakness of the team.

We all get it. He can do no right in your eyes. Awesome. Why don't you just leave until he's either fired or moves on in some other way to some other team, because we all know what you're going to say before you say it?There's a big difference between saying we're going to draft this guy, and saying our number one priority is ugrading our defense, or our offense. By saying that, he's not revealing any secrets.
Stop the drama. I was just expressing my opinions about the interview, which I thought it was good for most part as I said in my original post, but you guys missed that and concentrted on the negative... :thumbsup:

Popps
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Good interview.

Random side-note... anyone else get the feeling McD is pissed about the bye week? Dude mentions it every interview. Something happened (or didn't happen) in that process that he really feels hurt the team. He always points to it in interviews, and then points to the Baltimore loss as when the team didn't respond to a loss well.

The MVPlaya
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM

You must rarely follow football because this is not specifically just McD, this is ANY coach in the league. You'll always get vague answers about questions like that. Why does he need to be more specific? Put yourself in the shoes of a HC, why would you want to have you future investment possibilities open?

Are you a new Broncos fan? You should find out how Shanahan addressed these issues.

lol @ you using selective hearing to bring out the skiing point. Any other job outside of being a player is a full time job where you have to come to work...

This isn't about McDaniels like I said - every other team is the same way.

broncosteven
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Good interview.

Random side-note... anyone else get the feeling McD is pissed about the bye week? Dude mentions it every interview. Something happened (or didn't happen) in that process that he really feels hurt the team. He always points to it in interviews, and then points to the Baltimore loss as when the team didn't respond to a loss well.

I remember hearing reports that Dove Valley was shutdown during the bye week more so than in previous years. I read into it that mCd wanted to give everyone an earned bye during that time but they lost out on prep that hurt them over the next 4 games.

Maybe I am wrong about this, I have been wrong before.

Popps
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I remember hearing reports that Dove Valley was shutdown during the bye week more so than in previous years. I read into it that mCd wanted to give everyone an earned bye during that time but they lost out on prep that hurt them over the next 4 games.

Well, if that was the case... you can bet they'll do the opposite next season.

It's a good interview. Just got through all of it. You can tell he's excited about the staff coming together.

blackpower
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
man why dont they interview Romeo Crennal or Marty schotneihmer

Archer81
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
man why dont they interview Romeo Crennal or Marty schotneihmer

Oh, Jeebis...

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
for anyone who hasnt seen it, this is really a great interview and gives you the insight into probably the best young football mind around. love how he points out this is not teh patriots, we are not running the same defense as the patriots, this is an attacking aggressive defense that mcdaniels wants, which is why pees was never really considered for the job (and there never was a report that he was, just speculation).

BroncoBuff
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM

I salute you ... the first step is admitting you have a problem :thumbsup:

That interview was awful ... he said nothing, buncha standard platitudes.

strafen
02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
for anyone who hasnt seen it, this is really a great interview and gives you the insight into probably the best young football mind around. love how he points out this is not teh patriots, we are not running the same defense as the patriots, this is an attacking aggressive defense that mcdaniels wants, which is why pees was never really considered for the job (and there never was a report that he was, just speculation).

:saywhat: :holyguac! :slapsilly

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
:saywhat: :holyguac! :slapsilly

regardless of how much he gets it to translate to the field, there is really not any denying how well he knows the game.

Popps
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM

It really is a good watch. Can't help but feel confident about this guy. Time will tell, but it sounds like things are coming together from a staff perspective for him, and he's getting the types of coaches he wants in place. He approaches things from a philosophical standpoint that I believe works. Shanahan brought a winning philosophy from SF, and I believe McD is in the process of doing the same.

We shall see. Gotta give him some time, either way.

Broncomutt
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I salute you ... the first step is admitting you have a problem :thumbsup:

That interview was awful ... he said nothing, buncha standard platitudes.

You didn't see squirming? I was amazed at the frankness of some of the questions. Josh looked prepared and and is very articulate, but he was fielding some tough questions and it showed.

I mean how would you respond when 1/3 of the questions were of the "Why does everyone call you an asshole?" nature.