PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna go see Floyd ... anybody want autographs?

BroncoBuff
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Sometime in the next few weeks I'm gonna make a trip down to Floyd Little's car dealership about 20 miles south of Seattle.

Anybody want an autograph or something signed, PM me and we'll arrange hook up on it.

I'm so happy I'll even spring for the return shipping :thanku:

theAPAOps5
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Don't want an autograph just tell him that something amazing happened today. My father a lifelong Raider fan said a long time injustice was righted yesterday. I almost kicked him out thinking he was mocking it. HE WAS SERIOUS!

Fusionfrontman
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
bump

bronco610
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Sometime in the next few weeks I'm gonna make a trip down to Floyd Little's car dealership about 20 miles south of Seattle.

Anybody want an autograph or something signed, PM me and we'll arrange hook up on it.

Hey Buff, according to one of the articles posted on the Mane his dealership is closed down. How ever if you should get to talk to him I was a fan as a kid and saw him play. I would love an autograph.;D

Fusionfrontman
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh ****. That would suck... I'm really pumped about getting one. Hope this isn't true.

TheReverend
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I would, but I'd feel like a poser considering he was well before my time.

BroncoBuff
02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Buff, according to one of the articles posted on the Mane his dealership is closed down. How ever if you should get to talk to him I was a fan as a kid and saw him play. I would love an autograph.;D

I saw that, but there's a working phone number, and I could drop him a line first. I'm sure The Moops can reach him .... I'm pretty sure he'd be glad to meet up with us for some autographs. Maybe I'll video him signing the stuff, do an interview with it. Seems to me he'll be on Cloud 9 for awhile, I can't imagine him begging off.

Fusionfrontman
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Eh I don't think it makes you a poser. I;m a HUGE Lou Gehrig fan and he died almost 20 years before my parents were born. I am hoping to make a HOF wall in my mancave of Broncos with signed stuff etc.. Obviously, as of now, the list is short but hopefully one day I can throw my game used signed Rod Smith cleats up there too.

TailgateNut
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I saw that, but there's a working phone number, and I could drop him a line first. I'm sure The Moops can reach him .... I'm pretty sure he'd be glad to meet up with us for some autographs. Maybe I'll video him signing the stuff, do an interview with it. Seems to me he'll be on Cloud 9 for awhile, I can't imagine him begging off.

Buy his book and have him sign it. I have a copy but don't want to send it. If you do go and get a copy, pick up an extra and I'll gladly pay you for it and the shipping. (BTW: it's awesome reading material).

bendog
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
if you see him, tell him thanks for the memories.

Tankgunner95
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Did you confirm if Little was going to be there, would love to get a HOF signature on something.

Fusionfrontman
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Said he would get in contact with him one way or another it seems. I ordered an authentic full sized helmet to get signed.

tsiguy96
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
if this is for real, id pay you to get his book and have it signed for me...

titan
02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
I saw a tv feature on Floyd the other day where he was being interviewed at his out-of-business car dealership (victim of the economy). But you may be able to meet him anyway - good luck!

I'm hoping Floyd makes a repeat appearance at the Bronco QB Club in Denver in 2010!

BroncoBuff
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
if this is for real, id pay you to get his book and have it signed for me...

No no ... nobody has to pay anything. Like I said, I'll probably get a video of him signing everything, and I'm so happy I'll even pop for the return shipping.

Once we get a decent list of guys who want something signed, I'll pm my address to them, and we'll set up a time. Important to note this might not happen for several weeks, March probably. We might need The Moops to maybe vouch for us ... we can probably get it done anyway, but that'd make it easier.

broncosteven
02-09-2010, 10:50 AM
No no ... nobody has to pay anything. Like I said, I'll probably get a video of him signing everything, and I'm so happy I'll even pop for the return shipping.

Once we get a decent list of guys who want something signed, I'll pm my address to them, and we'll set up a time. Important to note this might not happen for several weeks, March probably. We might need The Moops to maybe vouch for us ... we can probably get it done anyway, but that'd make it easier.

Hopefully the HOF has more than a tee shirt out by that time.

B-Love
02-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I am asking Moops to get another fire started within the Broncos organization if possible.

Thye usually get replica jersies going for new Hall of Famers, and an authentic Floyd uni would sell very well in the Rocky mountain region and elsewhere.

But if the Broncos put out a Floyd jersey in the straight orange they started wearing in 1978, or, god forbid, that fugly shimy shiny orange they wore between 1989 and 1993 or so, that would be ridiculous.

Moops, who can we contact to put the pressure on to make sure Floyd replicas are done in the correct red-orange pantone he wore from 67-75.

If they mass put them out there in the orange Elway wore, I'll be disappointed, as will others.

BroncoBuff
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/default/Little_Jersey_500.jpg

http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/LittleFrontSmall.jpg
Look at the brown and mustard logo in the corner :~ohyah!:

iDENVER
02-09-2010, 11:21 AM

i will send you something i would liked signed check your pm please

B-Love
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/default/Little_Jersey_500.jpg

The Hall has that white Floyd jersey that is authentic as it has the patch that all teams wore in 1975, which does signify its credibility.

But the HOF touts that it is "the last jersey Floyd ever wore", etc.

Floyd played his last 2 games of the 75 season wearing orange. In week 13 he had his famous day against the Eagles and was carried off of the field afterwards. The final game of Floyd's career was at the Orange Bowl against the Dolphins during a nationally televised Saturday game. The Dolphins wore white, the Broncos orange.

The last time Floyd may have worn that white uni was in week 12, MNF at Oakland. Floyd did not carry the ball at all, but did return a few kicks.

Fusionfrontman
02-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh man, now I'm tempted to get an authentic jersey signed too. ****... I don't have this kinda money. Just dropped 200 on a helmet.

BroncoBuff
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Sad part is ... he was a rookie in 1967 ... six years after we ditched that logo and those colors.

BroncoBuff
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm getting numerous PMs, which is cool ... but please respond somewhere in this thread, maybe just post "I'm in" or something.

Because when the time comes it'll be easier to get a complete list of guys from this thread ... harder to go through the PMs. I don't want to miss anybody.

missingnumber7
02-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm in, I got an alternate color orange helmet, already have gradishar and meck's signatures on it. I'm thinking I'm gonna try to get ring of famers signatures on it. Just let me know so I can ship it to ya.

iDENVER
02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm getting numerous PMs, which is cool ... but please respond somewhere in this thread, maybe just post "I'm in" or something.

Because when the time comes it'll be easier to get a complete list of guys from this thread ... harder to go through the PMs. I don't want to miss anybody.

im in..thanks in advance

Fusionfrontman
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Im in, (obviously)... I'll be sending you 3 items.

Mile High Mojoe
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Very cool that you'll be able to get an autograph there because if you go to his HOF induction you'll have to pay to get it from him. When I went to Elway's HOF induction I didn't know this and I ended having to buy a $300 from a scalper to get into an autograph signing session where Elway was signing autographs with the other HOF inductees.

Keep this in mind when if you go to the ceremony fans. I spent close to $1500to go to Canton and I didn't know about this. Somehow I believed that I be able to get a free one but no such luck. If you one want when he's at the HOF you'd better get your tickets to the signing now because they only have a limited number they sell.

Requiem
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Most definitely. PLEASE AND THANKS!

Rabb
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I am in

FantomForce
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm in for sure

loborugger
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Gonna go see Floyd? Dude, can you get a Roger Waters autograph for me???

If I already had something with Floyd on it, I would ask for one...

The Moops
02-11-2010, 08:58 AM
His dealership is closed.

Fusionfrontman
02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Ah, is this going to happen then?

UberBroncoMan
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Don't want an autograph just tell him that something amazing happened today. My father a lifelong Raider fan said a long time injustice was righted yesterday. I almost kicked him out thinking he was mocking it. HE WAS SERIOUS!

I'm sorry.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
His dealership is closed.

DAMN, the article is from JULY! Crap, I assumed it was current, sounded like they were still wrapping things up and he was trying to sell the property. That could all be history now.

I'll shoot the dealership a letter tomorrow ... but that sucks.

Hogan11
02-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I have it already, thanks anyways.

bronco610
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I have it already, thanks anyways.

Theres always one smart aleck in the croud. ;D