Bwhahahahaahahahhahaaha

ColoradoDarin
02-07-2010, 07:53 PM
What about....

Reggie Bush - 1
Mario Williams & Vince Young - 0

gunns
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I heard Brees talking earlier today about his shoulder injury against us that ultimately led to him going to NO. I think he should have thanked us. ;D

And the thing about Bush and Williams.....give me Mario Williams ANYDAY over Bush.

Tombstone RJ
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Bwhahahahaahahahhahaaha

:rofl:

theAPAOps5
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
I laughed when it was over. Brees has a Lombardi San Diego has a classless punk who won't ever lead his team to one with his attitude!

PRICELESS

Kid A
02-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Rivers is great, and his age means he'll be around longer than Brees now...but Brees has been so good these last four years that you have to wonder at least a little. Plus he seems to be 20x the person that Rivers is.

TheReverend
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I was pulling for the Colts to win for what it would mean to some friends, but I really can't have any ill will towards guys like Drew Brees and Sean Peyton getting rings. Especially when they got it by having some massive, MASSIVE balls.

Kid A
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Also, don't forget that the Dolphins had a chance to sign Brees when he was a FA, but opted for...Dante Culpepper. Epic. Fail.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Like I said earlier after the NFC Championship game, it's all about the kickers.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
If you guys want to think that we let go of the wrong person, be my guest. It was a win win situation for both organizations anyways.

Kaylore
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Bwhahahahaahahahhahaaha

This.

cabronco
I was pulling for the Saints. Congrats to Brees, he had a great game, he's a class act, and the coach gets major props for his play calling and onside kick call. Good for the Saints/ New Orleans/ Louisiana.

Dr. Broncenstein
If you guys want to think that we let go of the wrong person, be my guest. It was a win win situation for both organizations anyways.

Your team let go of the wrong person. The chargers have won nothing except maybe the most talented team to predictably fail award.

Kaylore
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM

Yeah when Rivers was throwing three interceptions in the playoffs I'm sure that you and your team feels the same as the New Orleans Saints organization and their fans feel right now. Win-win. Good call. :mullet1:

2KBack
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM

Didn't SD let Brees walk in free agency? What exactly did the Chargers win in said win-win?

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Your team let go of the wrong person. The chargers have won nothing except maybe the most talented team to predictably fail award.
So you would have resigned someone with a potential career ending injury?

And I don't see how keeping Rivers over Brees was a bad thing. They are both great QBs. We have always been in games because of Rivers. It's just unfortunate that it came down to little things like a kicker making the necessary field goals.

atomicbloke
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Let's see the Chargers QB choices:

Traded Eli Manning (1 Super Bowl)

Passed on Ben Roethlisberger (2 Super Bowls)

Let Drew Brees leave (1 Super Bowl)

That's 0-4.

SoCalBronco
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Don't forget the best team not to make the playoffs award a few years back.

And yes...they do give out banners for that.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Didn't SD let Brees walk in free agency? What exactly did the Chargers win in said win-win?

There was no way we were gonna to keep both Brees and Rivers after offseason. The injury essentially decided who was gonna to stay. And we managed to get a pretty good QB as well. Likewise, New Orleans managed to luck out and get the best QB since Archie, especially one that was coming off a serious shoulder injury.

In the end, it worked out for both teams. SD just needs to get over that hump.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah when Rivers was throwing three interceptions in the playoffs I'm sure that you and your team feels the same as the New Orleans Saints organization and their fans feel right now. Win-win. Good call. :mullet1:
Except that the smart Chargers fans would know that Rivers wasn't the reason for the loss, but was the reason they were even in the game in first place. And Rivers has never thrown three or more interceptions in a game ever.

You've always hated him so I understand why you want to pile on. But I think I know more about what actually happened with my team than you.

2KBack
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
There was no way we were gonna to keep both Brees and Rivers after offseason. The injury essentially decided who was gonna to stay. And we managed to get a pretty good QB as well. Likewise, New Orleans managed to luck out and get the best QB since Archie, especially one that was coming off a serious shoulder injury.

In the end, it worked out for both teams. SD just needs to get over that hump.

I'm pretty sure most people question the drafting of Rivers in the first place. that's the reason you had to choose between the two quarterbacks. That's where the mistake lays, resources wasted. SD used an extremely high pick on a QB without allowing it's young guy to develop. hence it's funny that the guy SD didn't think was any good (and needed replacement after a whole 2 seasons) has gone on to set records and win championships.

Xenos

That's 0-4.
If you want to play that game then how many superbowls would you have won if you had Montana and Brady instead?

Dr. Broncenstein
So you would have resigned someone with a potential career ending injury?

And I don't see how keeping Rivers over Brees was a bad thing. They are both great QBs. We have always been in games because of Rivers. It's just unfortunate that it came down to little things like a kicker making the necessary field goals.

You mean, the best kicker in the regular season? Mr. Automatic?

Honestly, I didn't think I could laugh any harder after the win/win comment. Thank you for the laughs at your expense.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
You mean, the best kicker in the regular season? Mr. Automatic?

Honestly, I didn't think I could laugh any harder after the win/win comment. Thank you for the hearty laughs at your expense.
The same kicker that missed from 46 and 36 yards. Sad that he still can't over the loss against the Jets in 2004.

Xenos
02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty sure most people question the drafting of Rivers in the first place. that's the reason you had to choose between the two quarterbacks. That's where the mistake lays, resources wasted. SD used an extremely high pick on a QB without allowing it's young guy to develop. hence it's funny that the guy SD didn't think was any good (and needed replacement after a whole 2 seasons) has gone on to set records and win championships.
No, that's the problem right there. You can say that now because of what happened. But I can assure you that most people were not surprised about the QB draft pick at all. If you can honestly tell me that after the 2003 season that Brees would have become what he is now, can I ask you what the next lotto numbers are?

Can you name me another successful 6'0, weak armed QB who has had the same success?

atomicbloke
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
If you want to play that game then how many superbowls would you have won if you had Montana and Brady instead?

I don't recall the Broncos ever trading Montana.

As for Brady, all 32 teams passed on him 5 times. So it doesn't count.

But I can't find another instance of a team trading 2 QBs in 3 years, both of whom eventually won Super Bowls in less than 4 years. Epic fail!

Inkana7
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I think this game will put Brees in HOF discussion if he keeps it up statistically.

Spider
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Hilarious! did you even watch this game ? Brees out played manning ......good grief ........
when did we ever have montana ? when did we have brady on the roster ?

oubronco
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
No, that's the problem right there. You can say that now because of what happened. But I can assure you that most people were not surprised about the QB draft pick at all. If you can honestly tell me that after the 2003 season that Brees would have become what he is now, can I ask you what the next lotto numbers are?

Can you name me another successful 6'0, weak armed QB who has had the same success?

God please let it be Orton :pray:

2KBack
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM

It doesn't matter what other players have done. The fact is Drew Brees had only started for 2 years on a team with A LOT of issues. One of the biggest and most common mistakes in football is not alllowing talent to develop. As a Denver fan I saw my fair share of SD games back then as well, and Brees was inconsistant, but had games where you could see potential. Did I know that Drew would become a legitimate MVP candidate? No, but I did know it was too soon to give up on your QB. Impatience is why fans don't make team decisions. Drafting Rivers was the kind of decision that is made by taking an OM poll.

BTW, I have no hate for Rivers, I just think that drafting him wasn't the better tactical decision.

Oh yeah, and Drew Brees has a weak arm? Are you sure you watch this game? He isn't Farve or anything, but the guy has some zip.

sixtimeseight
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Wait a second, so even after Brees plays possibly the best Super bowl ever for a QB and wins Super Bowl MVP, Chargers fans are still trying to spin letting him go as a "win-win" situation?

lol. just lol.

DivineBronco
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay this is fun....please tell us more charger fan.............its too bad this LA ownership thing seems to be falling through cause your team is prime candidate one to leave your city.....hehe....not that I want LA to get a team or think they deserve it I just want you to suffer

gunns
02-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Except that the smart Chargers fans would know that Rivers wasn't the reason for the loss, but was the reason they were even in the game in first place. And Rivers has never thrown three or more interceptions in a game ever.

You've always hated him so I understand why you want to pile on. But I think I know more about what actually happened with my team than you.

While I'll agree that Rivers was the reason the Chargers were there he was also a big part of why they exited. This piling on of Kaeding is hilarious. A team who can't put it in the end zone relies on the kicker. And the Chargers did that several times. A lot of that is on the QB. When the kicker does it that many times your QB better have the ability to get that ball in the end zone. Rivers didn't.

Jason in LA
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

NO 1 Super Bowl.
SD 0 Super Bowls.

How is that win win? I'm just saying ;D

Oh, and since Brees has left SD he has put himself in the HOF discussion. He's not there yet, but he'll be in the discussion and at some point he might be considered a shoe in.

At this point Rivers is a guy who puts up pretty numbers but he hasn't accomplished much of anything. I'd say the Saints have made out a lot better.

Kaylore
02-07-2010, 10:57 PM

This isn't about hating on Rivers specifically, it's about laughing at the arrogance of your front office. Rivers is a prolific player and he has won some games for you guys. But you just wont admit that your "super genius" GM let Brees walk for nothing and his two supposed-to-be-perfect players choked away the Jets game when they needed to be clutch. You guys didn't "win" anything by letting Brees walk. You were waiting for an excuse to dump him and once he dislocated his shoulder Smith tossed him out like garbage. Then he goes to a team that is perennial losers and immediately is in the playoffs and is hoisting the Lombardi three years later.

Meanwhile Rivers goes to a team that is already lauded as "the most talented ever" and you guys still can't kick the door down. Also nice extension of Norv Turner. He'll keep you guys nice and soft for years to come.

TDmvp
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
This isn't about hating on Rivers specifically, it's about laughing at the arrogance of your front office. Rivers is a prolific player and he has won some games for you guys. But you just wont admit that your "super genius" GM let Brees walk for nothing and his two supposed-to-be-perfect players choked away the Jets game when they needed to be clutch. You guys didn't "win" anything by letting Brees walk. You were waiting for an excuse to dump him and once he dislocated his shoulder Smith tossed him out like garbage. Then he goes to a team that is perennial losers and immediately is in the playoffs and is hoisting the Lombardi three years later.

Meanwhile Rivers goes to a team that is already lauded as "the most talented ever" and you guys still can't kick the door down. Also nice extension of Norv Turner. He'll keep you guys nice and soft for years to come.

Pretty much...

24champ
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM

That's 0-4.

Hilarious!

Ouch. That left a mark.

TDmvp
02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqVfKJwQ63I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqVfKJwQ63I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someone had to post it ...

bpc
02-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Didn't you take him with the first pick in the 2nd round? That isn't a pick to scoff at... that's real investment there.

BTW, his arm looked PLENTY strong enough today. Easily the stronger arm on the field vs. Manning.

Chargers doesn't deserve to have a classy QB on the field winning games for them. Clashes with all that trash that they've collected on defense, the rest of their offense and with their GM.

SD ****ed over Schotty and they've been getting screwed ever since. Karma.

Fail on Chargers!

hambone13
02-08-2010, 01:31 AM

That's 0-4.

BaaaaaWaaaaaHaaaaa

Boltjolt
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM

Well it was 2, he has NEVER thrown 3 INT's in a game in his career which brings me to this

Brees-122 starts
Rivers- 64

I think Rivers has time. Rivers has half as many starts but Brees does have a better HC now who calls a good game.

Im happy for Drew, he is a good guy but so is ours and im happy we have him. Im good with how it turned out.

hambone13
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
God please let it be Orton :pray:

Amen brother.....

hambone13
02-08-2010, 01:38 AM

Kahhhhhn!

Boltjolt
02-08-2010, 01:41 AM
NO 1 Super Bowl.
SD 0 Super Bowls.

How is that win win? I'm just saying ;D

Oh, and since Brees has left SD he has put himself in the HOF discussion. He's not there yet, but he'll be in the discussion and at some point he might be considered a shoe in.

At this point Rivers is a guy who puts up pretty numbers but he hasn't accomplished much of anything. I'd say the Saints have made out a lot better.

He has won division titles and playoff game that Brees didnt do for us. He has done more in his 4 years starting for us than Brees did and now Brees has twice as many starts and won a SB.
Not trying to take anything away from Brees but he was benched in favor of Flutie when he was here and had a torn labrum. Had to make a decision and we kept the first round pick.

We will get one while Rivers is here.

bpc
02-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Uh, no you won't. ha ha. That's the greatest part about all this. The window is closing quickly. LT's career has been a waste. He'll leave SD with lots of TD's, few playoff wins, and no hardware.

Rivers has always had the privilege of having the greatest weapons around him.

It will be interesting to see how he responds when he doesn't have the best HB sitting behind him, when AG starts slowing down, and when the defense isn't controlling the opposing offense.

boltaneer
02-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't forget the best team not to make the playoffs award a few years back.

And yes...they do give out banners for that.

Heh. Who was QB for that team? :)

Anyway, congrats to Brees and the Saints! I was pulling for them in the NFC the whole year.

I don't have any bitterness for him "leaving". That's the business side of the NFL.

boltaneer
02-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Uh, no you won't. ha ha. That's the greatest part about all this. The window is closing quickly. LT's career has been a waste. He'll leave SD with lots of TD's, few playoff wins, and no hardware.

Rivers has always had the privilege of having the greatest weapons around him.

It will be interesting to see how he responds when he doesn't have the best HB sitting behind him, when AG starts slowing down, and when the defense isn't controlling the opposing offense.

Yeah, it's over. I mean, they should trade Rivers now while they still have some value! :rofl:

Get on that phone, AJ. Make some calls!

Natedog24
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Rivers is very good but no way near as accurate or mistake-proof as Brees. If you are a charger fan and don't think it was a big mistake letting Brees go for Rivers then you are one heck of a homer. And yes Brees winning a superbowl plays a big part in this decision, of course I'm not surprised if Charger fans don't see this given their franchises history in relation to the big game...

Bronco Rob
02-08-2010, 05:34 AM
i laughed when it was over. Brees has a lombardi san diego has a classless punk who won't ever lead his team to one with his attitude!

Priceless

^5

400HZ
02-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Didn't you take him with the first pick in the 2nd round? That isn't a pick to scoff at... that's real investment there.

BTW, his arm looked PLENTY strong enough today. Easily the stronger arm on the field vs. Manning.

Chargers doesn't deserve to have a classy QB on the field winning games for them. Clashes with all that trash that they've collected on defense, the rest of their offense and with their GM.

SD ****ed over Schotty and they've been getting screwed ever since. Karma.

Fail on Chargers!

Oh ya, we just pine for the glory days with Schottenheimer.

Give me a break, dumbass. He would have never lost to the Jets, right?

summerdenver
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Oh ya, we just pine for the glory days with Schottenheimer.

Give me a break, dumbass. He would have never lost to the Jets, right?

IMHO, that game turned when Rivers threw a pick. SD was dominating Jets till that point. Would Brees have thrown that pick? I don't know but a couple of things stand out to me -

For all the mythical intangibles and leadership Rivers is supposed to possess, SD play without discipline in their playoff losses and it seems like what they are lacking is a strong leader.

Rivers does not play as well in the playoffs as he does in the regular season atleast not yet. I think his passer rating is in the mid 70s. While Brees was dominating in the playoffs this year.

Bronco Yoda
02-08-2010, 08:34 AM

That's 0-4.

OUCH! LMAO
...but they did have Leaf. Hilarious!

400HZ
02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
IMHO, that game turned when Rivers threw a pick. SD was dominating Jets till that point. Would Brees have thrown that pick? I don't know but a couple of things stand out to me -

For all the mythical intangibles and leadership Rivers is supposed to possess, SD play without discipline in their playoff losses and it seems like what they are lacking is a strong leader.

Rivers does not play as well in the playoffs as he does in the regular season atleast not yet. I think his passer rating is in the mid 70s. While Brees was dominating in the playoffs this year.

I think the turning point was on their first drive when Hardwick snapped the ball over Rivers' head. That set the table for the whole mess. The Chargers had 13 offensive possessions. Eleven of them included at least one penalty/turnover/mental error. The two that didn't were both touchdown drives. Rivers was part of a collective meltdown.

boltaneer
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Rivers played a decent game against the Jets. Not horrible, not great. The one INT was a bad pass but the other one by Revis was a bit of a fluke, but still a great play by Revis. Kaeding makes the field goals and they're playing against the Colts for the Championship and maybe things turn out completely differently.

Brees made a couple of bad throws yesterday that could/should have been intercepted. But he played great otherwise, though it had a bit of a "game manager" type of feel. The thing I came away very impressed with New Orleans yesterday was their defense, especially in the second half. They really shut Peyton down and made the game clinching play with the pick-six. And holding Indy to just seventeen points is very, very impressive.

While I will say that Rivers was far from the worst problem in the Jets game, he does need to step up his play a bit in the post season. He played great in 2008 (I give him a pass for his "bad" game against the Patriots on one leg) but he has just played okay last season and this season in the playoffs.

ol number 7
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Great job Chargers!

Think Thomlinson would be talking about a divided locker room if Drew Brees was running the team? I doubt it.

San Diego has the Rivers butt smoochers on one side and the realists that know he'll always choke in the playoffs on the other.

peacepipe
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I bet Jerry Jones is kicking himself in the ass right now.

OABB
02-08-2010, 12:58 PM
why pile on the chargers guys? one good thing happened to them yesterday, they became even more elite in the list of teams that have never one a superbowl!

boltaneer
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I bet Jerry Jones is kicking himself in the ass right now.

The Dolphins are the ones that should really be kicking themselves IMO. Though I like Henne and it looks like he may develop into a good one.