PDA

View Full Version : OT: COD MW2 multiplayer thread

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Is anyone else here addicted to MW2 online?

garandman
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Is anyone else here addicted to MW2 online?

Yes, ready fir some new maps though, u using ps3 or xbox?

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
yup, me too. Also ready for some new maps

on the ps3

Aftermath
02-05-2010, 06:56 PM
i pwn in any call of duty game

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Using pc obviously.

I am definitely ready for some new maps.

I find I hate playing skidrow and I am not a fan of rundown. I have yet to play rust, so I don't know about that one.

I like derail but I suck at it, all the other maps I can get decent KDRs on though.

CSU Husker
02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Love it. Maxed out at level 70 tho and dont know if I want to prestige or not. Will probably play more when new maps come out, really tired of Karachi and Skidrow. Rust rarely comes up, but it is a fun map.

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I hate wasteland. Worst. map. ever.

Rust is really tiny glydenlove, it's basically a square map built around an oil rig in the middle of a desert...kind of fun once or twice, but it's more of a novelty imo.

LOVE terminal.

Husker, I was the same way as you for a while, then I finally decided to prestige. basically, you it allows you to unlock some additional titles and emblems, and you get an extra create a class slot. I THINK, every other time you prestige after that you get another custom class slot. So, you get one on the 1st,3rd,5th, 7th, and 9th, for a total of 10 class slots.

There's no way in hell I'm doin that though haha. It's worth it to prestige once, simply because of the slot and different emblems.

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I hate wasteland. Worst. map. ever.

Rust is really tiny glydenlove, it's basically a square map built around an oil rig in the middle of a desert...kind of fun once or twice, but it's more of a novelty imo.

LOVE terminal.

Husker, I was the same way as you for a while, then I finally decided to prestige. basically, you it allows you to unlock some additional titles and emblems, and you get an extra create a class slot. I THINK, every other time you prestige after that you get another custom class slot. So, you get one on the 1st,3rd,5th, 7th, and 9th, for a total of 10 class slots.

There's no way in hell I'm doin that though haha. It's worth it to prestige once, simply because of the slot and different emblems.

I am really struggling to love terminal, it is just not well suited to what I do.

I like favela, karachi and invasion because you can just run around like crazy with akimbo and pound face.

I usually get my best KDRs on wasteland but it is a really boring map.

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
hahahaa which weapon are you usin akimbo? Have you gotten a tactical knife on any of your handguns yet? (essential for running and raping fools)

LOVE favela.

The first few times I played wasteland, I loved it. BUT, now, it seems like every room i get into has nothing but 8th prestige ****ers that quickscope snipe, and on THAT level, if you're playing on a ****ty team, it's over before it started :(

is the pc version the same as the console versions? I mean, all the same weapons and what not?

Pontius Pirate
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Dudes, MW2 is hamburger. You gotta wait for the filet:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vepiJznvvY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vepiJznvvY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
ho-ly- ****- balls.

I think i just creamed in my pants a little.

WOW i never even played the first one....that looks ****ing incredible. Was that multiplayer or campaign mode?

Pontius Pirate
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
ho-ly- ****- balls.

I think i just creamed in my pants a little.

WOW i never even played the first one....that looks ****ing incredible. Was that multiplayer or campaign mode?

Pretty sure that was Multi-player. Campaign is very Dirty-Dozen style. This right here is another good clip:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5lnzScc6ZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5lnzScc6ZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Does anyone else play this game with their kids?

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Pretty sure that was Multi-player. Campaign is very Dirty-Dozen style. This right here is another good clip:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5lnzScc6ZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5lnzScc6ZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

dude.

This game will be mine.

NICE FIND!

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Does anyone else play this game with their kids?

no kids here, BUT, i hear dad's with their kids a lot on there...usually have to mute them out but they're on there!

DBroncos4life
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
no kids here, BUT, i hear dad's with their kids a lot on there...usually have to mute them out but they're on there!

I won't let him play live yet. He is 5 and I don't want him involved with that. He get's upset sometimes when we kill him which I'm trying to teach him that isn't right. To be fair when he plays against his uncle and me, he always gets a stacked profile and we start out at 1. He can hold his own that way. Part of me thinks I'm doing wrong because of the violence of the game but I keep telling him over and over this is a game and not real life and like I said I'm also trying to teach him to be a good sport about losing while playing a game.

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I won't let him play live yet. He is 5 and I don't want him involved with that. He get's upset sometimes when we kill him which I'm trying to teach him that isn't right. To be fair when he plays against his uncle and me, he always gets a stacked profile and we start out at 1. He can hold his own that way. Part of me thinks I'm doing wrong because of the violence of the game but I keep telling him over and over this is a game and not real life and like I said I'm also trying to teach him to be a good sport about losing while playing a game.

Probly a good idea not to let him plaoy live yet...bunch of pepole on there talkin **** (myself include ;D ) with all kinds of bad language...

As far as the violence goes, I dunno man. That's the huge debate. Obviously, there are COUNTLESS examples of people playing video games from a young age without ill effectrs... I'm not an expert, but IMO I don't see anything wrong with videogames. As long as your makin the distinction, AND, as long as he doesn't turn into an introvert, I think you're ok.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Probly a good idea not to let him plaoy live yet...bunch of pepole on there talkin **** (myself include ;D ) with all kinds of bad language...

As far as the violence goes, I dunno man. That's the huge debate. Obviously, there are COUNTLESS examples of people playing video games from a young age without ill effectrs... I'm not an expert, but IMO I don't see anything wrong with videogames. As long as your makin the distinction, AND, as long as he doesn't turn into an introvert, I think you're ok.

I hope so. Don't get me wrong we play lego games and other kid games he just gets a kick out of playing with my friends and I.

UberBroncoMan
02-06-2010, 02:31 AM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vepiJznvvY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vepiJznvvY0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I will agree with this statement. Play MW2 for the single player. The multiplayer is a crock of **** on PC... and I don't know how anyone chooses FPS on a console over a PC unless they're playing GoldenEye or Perfect Dark back in the day.

BMarsh615
02-06-2010, 04:32 AM
The only map I absolutely can't stand is Karachi. I get destroyed on that map every time for some reason.

BMarsh615
02-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Iand I don't know how anyone chooses FPS on a console over a PC unless they're playing GoldenEye or Perfect Dark back in the day.

Because my couch is more comfortable than my office chair and my TV is bigger than my monitor.:thumbsup:

Ratboy
02-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Xbox
Gamertag: emusnoc

Ratboy
02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
Dudes, MW2 is hamburger. You gotta wait for the filet

If you are going to wait, you might as well wait for Battlefield 3 (PC Exclusive)

i4jelway7
02-06-2010, 05:16 AM
yeah and I admit I'm a title whore... getting ready 2 start round 3 of prestige on mw2... m4a1 master III, working on the tar now, 2500 kills w/ 453 headshots.. I need to get to 1000 to get master III w/ the tar

ps3 mw2 gamers add me

Psn= royalee_fuct

just a side note I've played some free for alls on mw2 w/ Jack Elway, he is on my friends list, he is pretty good too

tsiguy96
02-06-2010, 05:52 AM
we had a thread like this in off topic going for awhile

McDman
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Using pc obviously.

I am definitely ready for some new maps.

I find I hate playing skidrow and I am not a fan of rundown. I have yet to play rust, so I don't know about that one.

I like derail but I suck at it, all the other maps I can get decent KDRs on though.

I despise Skidrow and Rundown! They're miserable and I never play well on them.

McDman
02-06-2010, 07:00 AM
There is a demo out for that new game, it's really not that good. I can guarantee that it won't do anywhere near as well as MW2.

Terminal is the best map by far, I find myself dominating every time I play it.

Doggcow
02-06-2010, 07:21 AM
There is a demo out for that new game, it's really not that good. I can guarantee that it won't do anywhere near as well as MW2.

Yeah, because they make sure to make maps that YOU arn't inept at, and your ability to play well on them is the #1 criteria for making maps...

TD30
02-06-2010, 07:30 AM

liked the first one and battle field 1943 is fun, love that if someone is behind something you can actually blow up them and the environment, but the new multi-player demo sucks so slow compared to mw2. Hopefully its better when released.

Pontius Pirate
02-06-2010, 07:54 AM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6ylZCaT934&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6ylZCaT934&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

gyldenlove
02-06-2010, 09:27 AM
hahahaa which weapon are you usin akimbo? Have you gotten a tactical knife on any of your handguns yet? (essential for running and raping fools)

LOVE favela.

The first few times I played wasteland, I loved it. BUT, now, it seems like every room i get into has nothing but 8th prestige ****ers that quickscope snipe, and on THAT level, if you're playing on a ****ty team, it's over before it started :(

is the pc version the same as the console versions? I mean, all the same weapons and what not?

Currently I am using akimbo silenced ump45 with a spas 12 secondary. I just got the tactical knife on my magnum but I haven't figured out a good way to knife people yet, my button setup is not well suited for melee.

Absolutely wasteland is a sniper nightmare, I find with a running class I can some times get in behind the snipers and off them, and once you get into kill streaks on that map it is all over, there is no where to hide from pave low or ac-130.

Invasion is currently my favourite map, I love that mix of street fighting and room to room.

DHallblows
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Absolutely can't stand the running classes. Which easily explains why I love all the large maps that you hate...

tsiguy96
02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
wasteland is fun, circle the edges right from the beginning for an easy 2-3 kills. i use care package all the time you get some really good stuff from it.

Jason in LA
02-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I've been playing the game since I got it for my 13 year old son for Christmas. I don't have time to play it for long periods, so only a half an hour here and there. I'm at level 25. I hold my own for the most part. I think my son is a level 50 or so. It's funny that I have to ask him how to do a lot of things on that game. I used to be the gamer that had to explain everything to him, now it's the other way around.