PDA

View Full Version : Players Union Expects 2011 Lockout

HEAV
02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Washington Post - NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith paints a bleak picture of the league's labor situation.

Smith says the likelihood of a lockout after the upcoming season is "14" on a scale of 1 to 10.

He notes that the league recently received a $5 billion extension on its network television deals even if no games are played in 2011. He regards that as proof owners are preparing for a lockout

Pony Boy
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Well we got dibs on Kiana Reeves
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6E4Oy6pFKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6E4Oy6pFKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

supermanhr9
02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Scab football will be cool. I hope the Broncos can find some solid guys.

strafen
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Scab football will be cool. I hope the Broncos can find some solid guys.We already have... :wiggle:

bronco militia
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I think the owners have said they won't repeat 1987

Gob
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah, it could be fun. If I were a Colt fan though I would be pissed.

Man-Goblin
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Players can't cross the picket line if they are locked out, right? In other words, I think it's only during a strike that you can have scabs and replacement players playing together...?

broncocalijohn
02-05-2010, 12:54 PM
We already have... :wiggle:

well, we seem to have the scab fans already in place.

Pony Boy
02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
These lucky guys can say they were once members of the Denver Broncos at least for a couple of games along with some of the veteran players that crossed the picket line.
1987 Denver Broncos
^ Replacement Games Only
Head Coach: Dan Reeves

WR ^ Laron Brown
RB ^ Scott Caldwell
K ^ Mike Clendenen
LB ^ Kirk Dodge
RB ^ Joe Dudek
DB ^ Steve Fitzhugh
G/T ^ Winford Hood
DB ^ Roger Jackson
DB ^ Earl Johnson
LB ^ Tim Joiner
DB ^ Darryl Jones
QB ^ Ken Karcher
LB ^ Mike Knox
DE ^ Bill Lobenstein
TE ^ Kerry Locklin
LB ^ Dan MacDonald
QB ^ Monte McGuire
NT/DE ^ Ron McLean
TE ^ Russell Payne
C ^ Jack Peavey
DB ^ Lyle Pickens
RB ^ Nathan Poole
DB ^ Martin Rudolph
DB ^ Darryl Russell
LB ^ Matt Smith
WR ^ Shane Swanson
WR ^ Bob Thompson
LB ^ Bryant Winn

strafen
02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
well, we seem to have the scab fans already in place.I can tell you it will be an upgrade over the team we have now...

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Players can't cross the picket line if they are locked out, right? In other words, I think it's only during a strike that you can have scabs and replacement players playing together...?

If they are locked out there will be no football, not even scab football.

Man-Goblin
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

Good info.

Paladin
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM

This +1

Gob
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Ugh. I guess college football will have to fill the void.

Paladin
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2742876 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>dragster69 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10462) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This guy is just too much of a whiney, bitchy pissant to read anymore. He has no friends, and he hasn't grown up. Fug him. Please do not quote the SOB.....

watermock
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Might be the best thing for the woesome Broncos at that point.

watermock
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
can tell you it will be an upgrade over the team we have now...

dragster69
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dragster69
Find More Posts by dragster69

What do you think of dragster69's post?I approve
I disapprove
Your comments on this post:

02-05-2010, 03:14 PM

cmhargrove
02-05-2010, 01:28 PM

It will be kinda fun to see Nate Webster again...

Pool
02-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Al Davis wont get to fire a coach in 2011 :curtsey:

strafen
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2742876 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>dragster69 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10462) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This guy is just too much of a whiney, b****y pissant to read anymore. He has no friends, and he hasn't grown up. Fug him. Please do not quote the SOB..... Friends
Paladin has not made any friends yet
Befriend Paladin :rofl:

Paladin
This message is hidden because Paladin is on your ignore list.

HEAV
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Al Davis wont get to fire a coach in 2011 :curtsey:

He still hasn't hired one...Ha!

snowspot66
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it could be fun. If I were a Colt fan though I would be pissed.

No doubt. One year of Manning's career stolen from them.

oubronco
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
We already have... :wiggle:

BaDoom Tish

snowspot66
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I can tell you it will be an upgrade over the team we have now...

That's some pretty dense **** you're spewing.

oubronco
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM

lol

Pontius Pirate
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Almost a 100 years of U.S. labor history, and this is still what you get with the unions

gunns
02-05-2010, 05:55 PM

This reminds me more of the 1982 strike, than 87. 7 games were lost. The networks did the same thing which is why the owners wouldn't budge, and there were no replacement games. The players finally gave in. 87 was more a players strike. Only two games were lost, but those two did have replacement games, which were awful. The networks should have stayed out of this and made it an even playing field. Since the owners get so much of their revenue from the networks, they'll dig their heels in. I don't think they realize how much it will affect them in the end. This isn't 1982...with the economy the way it is, people will be pissed that they are quibbling over that much money.

ZONA
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
F it. I don't give a damn if they strike, hold out or what. Both sides make tons of money and the average fan is the one who always has to suffer. Let them aholes strike for 3 years straight, I don't give a damn. I love the Broncos but I don't NEED football, especially if it's going to cost me even more money to go see it and might have to donate some blood just to afford a damn beer at a game.

Boobs McGee
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
so what's gonna happen to season ticket holders if this lockout actually happens?

WolfpackGuy
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Let them aholes strike for 3 years straight, I don't give a damn. I love the Broncos but I don't NEED football, especially if it's going to cost me even more money to go see it and might have to donate some blood just to afford a damn beer at a game.

True dat.

And some teams have the nerve to try to crackdown on tailgating

Archer81
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Offseason mode is gonna last along time...:(

:Broncos:

Archer81
02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Almost a 100 years of U.S. labor history, and this is still what you get with the unions

FASCIST CAPITALIST! KILL KILL!

Kidding. I agree with you.

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
02-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I will put my money towards USC football. If they had UFL here, I would watch that. I am fine without football as long as nobody get it too. I suffer, you suffer, they suffer and we all suffer without it. I got hockey and baseball for my sports cures.

Requiem
02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Looks like I'll have to pick up masturbation again for a hobby.

GoBroncos DownUnder
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Washington Post - NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith paints a bleak picture of the league's labor situation.

Smith says the likelihood of a lockout after the upcoming season is "14" on a scale of 1 to 10.

He notes that the league recently received a $5 billion extension on its network television deals even if no games are played in 2011. He regards that as proof owners are preparing for a lockout
A "14/10" to me says: you swear that it is IMMINENT that you're going to fail to come to an agreement within the next YEAR ... WTF kind of failures are running this donkey show?
This is an agreement about MONEY between MULTI-MILLIONAIRES ... not peace talks between Israel and Palestine!

I've seen two interviews with DeMaurice Smith, and IMO he is a spineless, media kiss-ass! I have NO RESPECT for someone who offers to "toss the salad" for any members of the media!:wiggle:

Cito Pelon
02-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Seems to me the owners kind of stuck themselves in this situation because they tried to be good guys the last time the CBA came up. In order to avoid a stoppage they agreed to a guaranteed minimum amount of revenue to the players (60%, I believe).

Once ownership agreed to that, naturally now they're asking for a giveback of some sort. And once labor has something it's awful hard to get it back.

There will have to be some give and take by both sides. The players will probably have to give up something, be it a rookie cap, a signing bonus cap.

broncocalijohn
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Looks like I'll have to pick up masturbation again for a hobby.

Is it now a job? It should always be a recreation unless you work in a massage room.

TheChamp24
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Seems to me the owners kind of stuck themselves in this situation because they tried to be good guys the last time the CBA came up. In order to avoid a stoppage they agreed to a guaranteed minimum amount of revenue to the players (60%, I believe).

Once ownership agreed to that, naturally now they're asking for a giveback of some sort. And once labor has something it's awful hard to get it back.

There will have to be some give and take by both sides. The players will probably have to give up something, be it a rookie cap, a signing bonus cap.

The obvious rumour is the players will need to have a 18% pay cut across the board, from 60 to 42%. I honestly think there should be less, and maybe make it to where it is 50-50 with a rookie cap, signing bonus cap as well as new restrictions on tagging players.

WolfpackGuy
02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
If the players are going to face a revenue cut, why don't they just phase it in over a 3-4 year period?

Also, something has to be done about the rookie payscale.

Not just to protect the teams, but to protect the veterans as well.

Like Downunder said, millionaires fighting millionaires over money is just stupid.