PDA

View Full Version : If Pat Bowlen called and asked you if he should make a coaching change....

baja
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
What would you tell him.

Poll coming......

Rabb
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
no, stay the course

ColoradoDarin
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I'd tell him to listen to Kyle Orton for anyone we hire to be OC.

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't return his calls...

NYBronco
02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
no, stay the course

What McRabb said. :thumbsup:

Taco John
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm torn between options 1 and 3. That probably means that I should pick 3.

Taco John
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
No, I take that back. I don't think you can take that kind of power away from a coach mid-stream and have success. I should have picked 1.

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 02:21 PM
relocate to australia, **** it.

jhns
02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't return his calls...

LOL

You made it hard. I would take option 2 or 3. I would have loved to keep Shanahan and get a real GM as well. Since that isn't realistic, I will just vote option 2.

strafen
02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Realistically, McDaniels is not going to get fired this season or should I say during this season.

Rather than wasting a vote away, I would wait and see what he does this season.

But, if Mr. Bowlen called, I'd be happy to let him know how I feel :)

Br0nc0Buster
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Tell him to give Josh another year as is and to share his whiskey with Orton

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I would tell him he's a gutless drunk.

baja
02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I would tell him he's a gutless drunk.

Would you tell him about the gas powered 15 inch dildo?

baja
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Option 5 - tell him to say publicly that Josh is my coach for life than fire him the next season.

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Would you tell him about the gas powered 15 inch dilrod?

No. That scares even me.

The MVPlaya
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Keyword is AT LEAST... I'm saying this NOW.

Killericon
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I really wish we would've brought in Phil Savage before the Eagles did.

jhns
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
OK, after thinking it over, I need to change my vote. I would tell him to sell the team. If he is calling me for advise on how to run an NFL team, he has completely lost it.

bombquixote
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
relocate to australia, **** it.

Dude, the Broncos would kick ASS in Australia.

broncofan7
02-04-2010, 03:21 PM
bring Back Dan Reeves--we need him to re-create our 80's greatness and then we can hire Kyle Shanahan to finish the job in the 2020's..........

Popps
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Pat already did call me.

Josh will be back next year.

Paladin
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Damm, Popps, he called me, too., Said he was going to keep Josh for another three years just to pi$$ off the McD haters.....

Pony Boy
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
bring Back Dan Reeves--we need him to re-create our 80's greatness and then we can hire Kyle Shanahan to finish the job in the 2020's..........

That's what we need, Sammy Winder up the middle for no gain..... to start every freakin drive.....

broncofan7
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
That's what we need, Sammy Winder up the middle for no gain..... to start every freakin drive.....

well, #27 sure does remind me a LOT of #23....with his choppy feet and YPC average Hilarious! Sammy 3.6 YPC , Moreno--3.8 just in case anyone was curious...and by the way Sammy was a FIFTH ROUND PICK......

spdirty
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Im torn between options 2 and 4.

garandman
02-04-2010, 04:10 PM
well, #27 sure does remind me a LOT of #23....with his choppy feet and YPC average Hilarious! Sammy 3.6 YPC , Moreno--3.8 just in case anyone was curious...and by the way Sammy was a FIFTH ROUND PICK......

Hey I loved Sammy!

Pony Boy
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Reeves loved the little pony backs Winder and Wilhite type of backs that reminded him of himself and Walt Garrison when they played at Dallas. Had Reeves ever put a real RB behind Elway he would of had a hand full of SB rings....

HAT
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/the_hat_album/TheOrangeMane-aDenverBroncosFanComm.png

watermock
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Typical poll with pre-loaded reponses.

where's the keep Shanny and hire Nolan option?

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
kubiak has had what, 4 years? he hasnt een made the playoffs but just got a 3 year extension. why? because good coaches can take some time to develop something special, and texans are clearly close.

josh gets more then 2 years.

broncofan7
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
kubiak has had what, 4 years? he hasnt een made the playoffs but just got a 3 year extension. why? because good coaches can take some time to develop something special, and texans are clearly close.

josh gets more then 2 years.

NO. He gets next year to make the Playoffs or he is POOP canned.......He tore it down thinking his 'strategies' would superceed the talent reductions that occured after he chose to trade away Cutler........

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
NO. He gets next year to make the Playoffs or he is POOP canned.......He tore it down thinking his 'strategies' would superceed the talent reductions that occured after he chose to trade away Cutler........

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/no-payn.jpg

i thought we were over teh cutler thing given that he was one of the worst QBs in the league this year, and why are you still posting, you said youd be gone for 3 months?

baja
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Damm, Popps, he called me, too., Said he was going to keep Josh for another three years just to pi$$ off the McD haters.....

Your lying I did not call either one of you guys...

baja
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Typical poll with pre-loaded reponses.

where's the keep Shanny and hire Nolan option?

Well my friend I'm beginning to worry you got a wet brain.

BTW there is no way Shanny and Nolan could ever co exist on the same team. They are both micromanagers.

baja
02-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Seventy one per cent of the voters want Josh back next year and roughly 20% of that group would like to see reduced power for him.

Popps
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Seventy one per cent of the voters want Josh back next year and roughly 20% of that group would like to see reduced power for him.

You'd never know it around here, eh?

The Mopey Mafia works hard. I'll give them that.

watermock
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Your talking out your ass.

If not that, we should of brought in a defensive coach and baby sitted the offense with Bates, Dennison and Turner.

Buy a vowel.

Yeah we went 6-0 with a miracle catch by both Stokely and Marshall being a superstar...and now he will be gone for less than value.

And we beat Billicheat, probably at his own game.

71% say it was a loaded poll.

You should work for MSNBC.

Donk
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM

I don't want Josh back. I do think he should have a second year.

watermock
02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
You'd never know it around here, eh?

The Mopey Mafia works hard. I'll give them that.

BTW, Mopey Jay was my term for him, you just stole it and, know what?

Baja: I think Beavis had a fallng out with Nolan after the bye week. and after the players only meeting.

Get a clue.

Look at our team.

****, we couldn't even beat the Chefs or Faiders at home for christ sake.

BTW, do you have Encephalitis ?

TonyR
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
No, I take that back. I don't think you can take that kind of power away from a coach mid-stream and have success. I should have picked 1.

I had the same thoughts. I picked 1 but almost picked 3.

DarkHorse
02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Not at this stage - we've pretty much disintegrated the Shanahan regime in full now. A coaching change would just lead to yet another complete staff rebuild.

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
im a firm believer the HC should be allowed to pick the people he is coaching. he should however get lots, and lots of input from others, not try to shoulder that responsibility alone. hiring a trusted staff to get the reports for you for every single guy so you can say who you want, what you want out of them etc and be able to get that in front of the HC so he can make the decision himself. sort of like they have in seattle i think now, carrol has final say on all roster moves but generally works with others.

Dagmar
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Baja: I think Beavis had a fallng out with Nolan after the bye week. and after the players only meeting.

Get a clue.

Look at our team.

You're on form tonight darlin'!

Florida_Bronco
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
No, I take that back. I don't think you can take that kind of power away from a coach mid-stream and have success.

You can't really do that at all and have success. It's not the way the NFL works anymore.

Popcorn Sutton
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Gerald Wilhite doing a back flip in the end zone.

SportinOne
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
The thing about it is, you can tell he has the potential to be a really great coach. I can't speak for everyone, but when something goes wrong I will bitch and moan about it, it's my job as a fan. Lately, he's been doing more bad than good. When he does well, which i hope he does in the draft, i will sing his praises.

But yeah, you don't fire a coach after one year unless you realize that you have made a terrible mistake and the guy just isn't who you thought he was.

Durango
02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Bowlen is still footing part of the bill for Shanahan, so he isn't going to load up another salary on his back. Besides, he has an ego too. He isn't going admit he made a mistake unless events absolutely require that he make a move.

FantomForce
02-04-2010, 09:32 PM
First I would say YO this is FlavaFlav! Then I would tell the dumb a$$ that his short term memory is failing him

Paladin
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2742055 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=8475)
broncofan7 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8475) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because broncofan7 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I thought you weren't going to post any more. Who can possibly believe you?

azbroncfan
02-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Part of Denver's problems past few years is no coaching continuity on the defensive side of the ball. Get talent not new coaches. It is apparent from the Shanny regime that constantly changes coaches doesn't work.

baja
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM

Get a clue.

Look at our team.

I think option 2 or 4 would work for you there cowboy.

Or maybe I should have made an option 5 special for you, it would read "I have a wet brain therefore I don't understand the question."

But that's all good, I love ya anyway Mock.

azbroncfan
02-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Get a clue.

Look at our team.

I remember Popps coming up with it and you calling him rocket man.

baja
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I remember Popps coming up with it and you calling him rocket man.

Actually 'rocket man' was mine and Mock stole it from me. I had it in my avatar for a long time.

TheReverend
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
This season we get to find out if his offense can be productive with Kyle Orton AND we get to see how the defense fares without Mike Nolan.

ALL questions will be answered this time next year and we'll either have an united front behind Josh McDaniels or an united front in front of him barring the door.

TheReverend
02-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Unless we draft and start a rookie QB... then it could still be murky in '11

baja
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Love your new avatar Rev.

Somehow a nice ass is so much better than a stick figure blowing his brains out.

NFLBRONCO
02-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't see how the O will be vastly better until we bolster OL upgrade QB and add speed to the slowpoke O.

HAT
02-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Your talking out your ass.

If not that, we should of brought in a defensive coach and baby sitted the offense with Bates, Dennison and Turner.

You're the best Mock. Maybe I should have said it sooner. I would have but I was being baby sat at the time.

Keep the continue.

HAT
02-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Love your new avatar Rev.

Somehow a nice ass is so much better than a stick figure blowing his brains out.

I've been meaning to bring this up....ASS MOJO.

That avy is 100's times hotter than alot of the ones with less clothes. Well done lobster fu(ker!

SoCalBronco
02-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Not sure whether he should sell the team. I still don't know to what extent he's having real cash flow problems. It's always rumored, despite what should be high local revenue streams, but we have spent considerably less the last few years and there are a number of possible explanations (it could be a purely philosophical change). He should go to a recovery facility, though.

Blueflame
02-05-2010, 01:15 AM
I didn't vote... will hope for the best but keep plenty of Maalox on hand just in case it's needed.

tsiguy96
02-05-2010, 03:06 AM
He should go to a recovery facility, though.
Hilarious!
based on what information that hes an alcoholic? its blind statements like this that make this forum seem more ridiculous by the day.

Bronco Yoda
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
I'd ask for our old orange crush colors back.

TonyR
02-05-2010, 06:37 AM
...but we have spent considerably less the last few years...

Paid a lot of FA's last year and fired a coach with $14+ million on the hook. I think you're going to see a lot of belt tightening around the league this offseason. Players with big signing bonuses due in March are very likely to be released. It's going to be interesting. I also wonder how in demand our 10th or 11th pick will be if we choose to trade down. May be a tough sell unless one of the QB's is available and somebody really wants him.

Broncoman13
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Here is the thing, the timing is bad to make a coaching move. The CBA affects those types of decisions as well. Say you bring in a guy like Bill Cowher or John Gruden now. Both would likely choose to draft a QB #1. Then you have a year to work with him and then a year off b/c of the CBA.

What is telling is the fact that the city of Denver will not get behind him. The most hated man in Denver right now. Hated more than Phillip Rivers, Al Davis, or Kobe Bryant (according to a local poll... that Montrose pointed out to me).

Time will tell and if there was a labor agreement in place and football was guaranteed beyond 2010 I think PB would absolutely consider a change now but would most likely give McD another year to get a bigger sample of what direction we are heading.