PDA

View Full Version : OT: Black History Month

Gort
02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
super liberal network NBC, owners of MSNBC and huge supporters of all things Obama related, decides to celebrate Black History Month in their network cafeteria with the following menu (as reported by one of the band members on Jimmy Fallon's show who took the photo):

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/twitpic_2-4.jpg

that's hysterical! i wonder if chris matthews got a tingle in his leg when he saw this, of if olberdouche came out of his bathroom when he heard fried chicken was on the menu. liberals are so busy smugly proclaiming how morally superior they are to everyone else, that i don't think they have any time left to see how racist they can be when trying to be "culturally sensitive".. :welcome:.

just as funny, is Walgreen's attempt to be politically correct and celebrate this silly month long "holiday" or whatever the hell it is with the following ill advised sign placement.

http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Brock/Cotten-balls2.jpg

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Now if they had some Half and Half as a drink choice on that menu, that would be racist...

PRBronco
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Lol I wish it was "16oz grape soda".

No but seriously, I LOVE jalapeno cornbread. I would trade Brandon Marshall for a pan of it.

BigPlayShay
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Lol I wish it was "16oz grape drink".

fixed it for you.

DomCasual
02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm predicting a broncofan7 response at any minute.

TDmvp
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
fixed it for you.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

TailgateNut
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM

No but seriously, I LOVE jalapeno cornbread. I would trade Brandon Marshall for a pan of it.

:yayaya:

PRBronco
02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
fixed it for you.

Lol I always forget that!

Flex Gunmetal
02-04-2010, 02:39 PM
You know they did the same thing in tons of schools around the united states, don't you?

But you should spin it into a liberal bashing political thread.

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder if Church's Chicken has any specials this month?

Gort
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
You know they did the same thing in tons of schools around the united states, don't you?

But you should spin it into a liberal bashing political thread.

sorry. liberals never do anything wrong. they are never hypocrites. and only liberals are allowed to call somebody racist.

get over yourself.

if this was a menu at a Fox News cafeteria, it would be breaking news on ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/NYTimes/LATimes/WashPost/HuffPost/etc.

but since it's NBC, you'll only hear about it here.

Rabb
02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
passive racism and stereotypes in 3...2...

ColoradoDarin
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Why did they give them the shortest month of the year?

Racist

PRBronco
02-04-2010, 02:50 PM
passive racism and stereotypes in 3...2...

Myron Rolle is a good draft prospect because he is so well spoken.

Damn it I'm out of mayonnaise again.

broncosteven
02-04-2010, 02:51 PM
No Watermellon?

I am still waiting on Norse/Viking heritage month. Even the Poles have a day to themselves. Why no Leif Ericson day? The dude discovered America centuries before Columbus.

Flex Gunmetal
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
sorry. liberals never do anything wrong. they are never hypocrites. and only liberals are allowed to call somebody racist.

get over yourself.

if this was a menu at a Fox News cafeteria, it would be breaking news on ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/NYTimes/LATimes/WashPost/HuffPost/etc.

but since it's NBC, you'll only hear about it here.

I never said anything in reference to your sarcastic mumblings. This isn't something new or racist, it happens in workplace and school cafeterias all over the united states every year, and has for years.
But obviously you have an agenda which you push at every opportunity, regardless of relevance.

Gort
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I never said anything in reference to your sarcastic mumblings. This isn't something new or racist, it happens in workplace and school cafeterias all over the united states every year, and has for years.
But obviously you have an agenda which you push at every opportunity, regardless of relevance.

ummm... yeah. sure. whatever you say.

you have proven yourself immune to humor. congratulations.

Flex Gunmetal
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
ummm... yeah. sure. whatever you say.

you have proven yourself immune to humor. congratulations.

Maybe you are just an awful comedian? On it's surface it's amusing, but when you try to push it as a political gaffe it's pretty lame.

Gort
02-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe you are just an awful comedian? On it's surface it's amusing, but when you try to push it as a political gaffe it's pretty lame.

damn your dense. you must still be in college, huh?

the humor is almost entirely in the fact that it was NBC that thought such a menu was a good idea.

sure, if you're a klansman, you could laugh at the menu and think that's the humor. but, that would be racist. you'd be laughing at the stereotype.

to me, that's not what's funny. the menu in and of itself isn't a problem (who doesn't like fried chicken anyway?)... having that menu in honor of black history month at a corporation that chastises everyone else for being culturally insensitive is what's funny.

Jason in LA
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
There is no way this thread is going to go well.

Pick Six
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
There is no way this thread is going to go well.

Well, what are your views on this matter, Jason? Do you find it offensive?

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
The guy's tag is WhoisJohnGalt and he says he doesn't have an agenda. Hilarious!

Jason in LA
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, what are your views on this matter, Jason? Do you find it offensive?

No. It's a southern dish. Now, I don't see why every time there is a black themed dish it is from the south. I'm from LA, I don't eat half that sh@*. Black eyed peas and collard greens, no thanks. That doesn't represent what I eat. lol

And what's wrong with liking fried chicken? That stuff is good. Watermelon too! Damn you white folks. Make me feel bad for liking certain foods. ;D

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Now I'm in the mood for some fried chicken. Damn.

Jason in LA
02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
As for the reason why Black History Month is the shortest month in the year, it's not because the man decided to give us the shortest month. That's just a funny joke. The guy who started Black History Month was a black professor. It started off as Black History Week, which was in the month of February, and it just kept growing each year until it became a month long celebration.

Any other questions?

For folks who want their own month for their group, just start one. That's about it.

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
The only way to get good fried chicken is to make it myself. I just don't trust any of these food joints anymore. You bite into a piece of KFC and in the back of your mind is this little voice - Am I sure this came from a chicken?

watermock
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I guess German history Month ended after WW2.

At least we used to have Hee Haw and Polka music...

And Einstien and the guy that took us to the moon...

oubronco
02-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Why don't they have White Boy Month?

TexanBob
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM
If the menu had jive turkey instead of smoked turkey, now THAT would be racist.

But Galt is right, let this happen at the Fox News cafeteria or at a GOP gathering, and the libs at MSNBC would be all up in arms and Al Sharpton would have people walking pickets, etc. Just more hypocrisy on parade.

oubronco
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Sharpton would have a fit

watermock
02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Afrosheen Month.

Play2win
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
No Watermellon?

I am still waiting on Norse/Viking heritage month. Even the Poles have a day to themselves. Why no Leif Ericson day? The dude discovered America centuries before Columbus.

This.

Nordic Month . :approve:

broncofan7
02-04-2010, 06:58 PM
my favorite SI writer from my youth.....RIP my man....

broncofan7
02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
...... in the back of my mind is this little voice -

Let the record show...now there can be NO DOUBTS.....

iDENVER
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Why don't they have White Boy Month?

whites weren't slaves for blacks :thanku:

watermock
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
No, that's now black on black and thai on thai.

The French left Haiti jut like vietnam.

Rohirrim
02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Let the record show...now there can be NO DOUBTS.....

Aren't you the guy who's welching on a bet? Situational ethics, eh? Ha!

HILife
02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
super liberal network NBC, owners of MSNBC and huge supporters of all things Obama related, decides to celebrate Black History Month in their network cafeteria with the following menu (as reported by one of the band members on Jimmy Fallon's show who took the photo):

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/twitpic_2-4.jpg

that's hysterical! i wonder if chris matthews got a tingle in his leg when he saw this, of if olberdouche came out of his bathroom when he heard fried chicken was on the menu. liberals are so busy smugly proclaiming how morally superior they are to everyone else, that i don't think they have any time left to see how racist they can be when trying to be "culturally sensitive".. :welcome:.

just as funny, is Walgreen's attempt to be politically correct and celebrate this silly month long "holiday" or whatever the hell it is with the following ill advised sign placement.

dumb ass

HILife
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
No. It's a southern dish. Now, I don't see why every time there is a black themed dish it is from the south. I'm from LA, I don't eat half that sh@*. Black eyed peas and collard greens, no thanks. That doesn't represent what I eat. lol

And what's wrong with liking fried chicken? That stuff is good. Watermelon too! Damn you white folks. Make me feel bad for liking certain foods.;D

lol +1

HILife
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
If the menu had jive turkey instead of smoked turkey, now THAT would be racist.

But Galt is right, let this happen at the Fox News cafeteria or at a GOP gathering, and the libs at MSNBC would be all up in arms and Al Sharpton would have people walking pickets, etc. Just more hypocrisy on parade.

Your more then likely right, but it didn't happen so people, give it a rest.

Houshyamama
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM

Fast forward to 2:25

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwQkT_3ZSjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwQkT_3ZSjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Archer81
02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
whites weren't slaves for blacks :thanku:

That would be wrong. But apparently slavery never existed anywhere in the world until 1604.

:Broncos:

Requiem
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Not sure what the big deal is. We have a bunch of cultural diversity events in place around my campus that have food menu's prepared that have similar listings and tastes that are popular within African-American or black communities.