PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments from Tomlinson

PRBronco
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/tomlinson-wont-consider-pay-cut/

Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson continues to talk his way out of town.

During a Monday segment with San Diego radio station 1090, L.T. said that he "would not take a pay cut under any circumstances."

Tomlinson added that he is unhappy with the organization.

"Things were always there that happened over time," he said. "I didn't feel the unity and the togetherness in the locker room. We're at a point where guys come into the league and it's not about the same values anymore. I just can't deal with that kind of stuff."

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Chargers have yet to hold their offseason personnel meetings, but their decision about Tomlinson's future won't be difficult.

He's due a $2 million roster bonus in March, and is all but certain be released before then.

I don't really care what LT's up to, but can you imagine how much this place would melt the **** down if one of our vets said something like that?

sixtimeseight
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I didn't realize anybody cared what some washed up, has-been RB thought.

Pontius Pirate
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Darren Sproles, come on down!

PRBronco
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I didn't realize anybody cared what some washed up, has-been RB thought.

Right? Shaun Alexander called, he wants his irrelevance back.

Rohirrim
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Icouldabeenacontenda!

The Joker
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
What a fall from grace.

Three years ago, he was considered one of the classiest guys in the league. Now here he is, a couple of years of petulance and being invisible for his team in the playoffs later, taking a swipe at his own teammates in the press.

Easy to be classy when you're one of the best players in the league I guess.

supermanhr9
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I would take LT, just because he'd tear it up twice a year against the Chargers. And he'd help us gameplan aorund them. That alone would be worth havign him on the team. For the record I do not care for the guy.

broncofan2438
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
It will be interesting to see where he ends up

boltaneer
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
LT will always be my one of my all time favorites. Nothing he says will ever change that. It was amazing to watch him live all these years.

Having said that, I realize his frustration but he needs to keep quiet. Yeah, his drop off in production wasn't entirely his fault but he knows the realities of age with the running back position.

What's ironic is that, he'll balk at taking a paycut and then he'll wind up signing with a different team for less money. It happens over and over, every year with aging players. They let their ego take over when they should be doing what's the best for the team they've been with their whole career.

But we pretty much knew 99% he wouldn't be coming back this season back when he restructured in early 2009 so none of this comes as a surprise. In fact, I was expecting this, as things started to get a little heated last year before he eventually agreed to restructure his contract.

If by some miracle, he decides to take the paycut and stay, I'll be estatic (as long as they reduce his role) but I'm ready to move on without him. This is Philip Rivers' team now and that, I'm sure hurts his ego a bit, despite how he trys to play if off.

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
I have some sympathy for LT.

He played on a team that was the greatest ever 'one-and-done' team in the history of the league.

I can only imagine the hysteria here if Denver had all that talent and still bombed every year.

The Broncos have been able to accomplish the same as SD with Plummer at QB. Ha!

So let's sign him!!

Rohirrim
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Maybe LT and Favre can go on a "retirement tour?"

PRBronco
02-03-2010, 10:25 AM

Well, by Favre's standards, LT is "going out on top" as well.

Broncoman13
02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Hmm, seems to me he is frustrated with the "me first" attitudes in the locker room, I'm guessing his attitude is similar to that of a Lorenzo Neal. In fact, I think his attitude is exactly what Josh McDaniels is looking for.

Borks147
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
If McD thinks he'd help the team I wouldn't mind having him. The dude is a HOFer, I don't care if he is on his last bit of tread.

azbroncfan
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM

To compare those two isn't fair because Farve is still a top QB and LT is 10 years younger and not even a top 10 RB.

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/tomlinson-wont-consider-pay-cut/

Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson continues to talk his way out of town.

During a Monday segment with San Diego radio station 1090, L.T. said that he "would not take a pay cut under any circumstances."

"Things were always there that happened over time," he said. "I didn't feel the unity and the togetherness in the locker room. We're at a point where guys come into the league and it's not about the same values anymore. I just can't deal with that kind of stuff."

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Chargers have yet to hold their offseason personnel meetings, but their decision about Tomlinson's future won't be difficult.

He's due a $2 million roster bonus in March, and is all but certain be released before then.

I don't really care what LT's up to, but can you imagine how much this place would melt the **** down if one of our vets said something like that?

the response would be the same as any teams fanbase if they knew that player after running his mouth would return to the team, but with LT being basically done there anyway, no one is going to care if he runs his mouth as he won't be playing there next season.

side note: i wouldn't be totally against bringing him into Denver if he would take a reasonable deal. even on the decline he still has a nose for the end zone. he scored something like 13 times this season, so while he isn't the best back in the league anymore, he can still comtribute. plus it would be nice to stick it to an AFC West rival.

boltaneer
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Hmm, seems to me he is frustrated with the "me first" attitudes in the locker room, I'm guessing his attitude is similar to that of a Lorenzo Neal. In fact, I think his attitude is exactly what Josh McDaniels is looking for.

If you heard his interview recently, he sure seems to be pointing the finger at guys like Cromartie who don't play with heart.

The fans sure aren't happy with Cromartie so I'm sure guys in the locker room don't like his attitude as well.

The same might go for loudmouths like Shaun Phillips whose bark is often bigger than his bite.

cmhargrove
02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Aren't the Patriots the ones who help milk the last couple productive years of a career? LT in New England next year?

Popcorn Sutton
02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
If McD thinks he'd help the team I wouldn't mind having him. The dude is a HOFer, I don't care if he is on his last bit of tread.

I'd take him over Lamont Jordan any day of the week. :strong:

Bronx33
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
LT had values?

Denver Bronco56
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I still think Tomlinson has some tread on the tires, its been the playcalling and lack or runs that have dropped his production....If we had the oppurtunity to sign him he would be a great back to have around for Knowshon's develpoment especially with the departure of Bobby Turner. besides Barry Sanders, TD, and a little of Emmitt Smith, Tomlinson is one of the best backs ive seen play live and would be good in even a limited role.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Seriously though, how pissed off is AJ Smith that he didn't keep Michael Turner and ship LT instead?

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
LT is eating sour grapes on his way out the door.

Br0nc0Buster
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I guess AFC championship games arent the only times he pouts

Rabb
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Seriously though, how pissed off is AJ Smith that he didn't keep Michael Turner and ship LT instead?

I know right?

I really don't think Sproles will last much longer there either.

broncosteven
02-03-2010, 03:31 PM

...?

This from a dude who goes and finds the end of the bench to be alone to mope when things aren't going his way.

I think he should be in the NFL but he should not be a 1st ballot guy. Win, or even get TO, a SB or another league MVP then we can talk about 1st ballot.

SportinOne
02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't mind picking him up as long as he didn't cost a whole lot. By the way, it wasn't hard to predict his decline. Not only did he run the ball a heck of a lot but he used to lead all RBs in receiving by quite a bit.

Cito Pelon
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
LT2's out of the league soon. This is why I say part of the reason Denver took Moreno at 12 was to keep SD from drafting him at 16. Denver got a good all around back and kept him off of SD's roster.

sixtimeseight
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM

Or keep Brees and ship out Rivers instead? Not only could they have Brees and Turner, they could also have a few high draft picks from trading Rivers and LT (while he was still good). They could win even more games in the regular season, although I'm sure they'd still be one and done in the playoffs every year.

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
LT2's out of the league soon. This is why I say part of the reason Denver took Moreno at 12 was to keep SD from drafting him at 16. Denver got a good all around back and kept him off of SD's roster.

eh, no...

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I'd love for the Broncos to pick up LT. He can help Moreno develop and he will be motivated to win, esp. against Sandy Eggo...

Dr. Broncenstein
02-03-2010, 08:43 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/1122/original/xzibit-happy.jpg

Yo dawg... I herd you like to fancy yoself classy so we put some fancy classy in yo class fancylike so you can class da fancy all classy and fancy yo.

http://www.sdnn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/tomlinson.jpg

Dats classy. I'm very classy.