PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any Excel gurus in here?

ksBRONCOfan
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm sure there are special forums out there for this, but I'm too lazy to find one.

I've built myself a spreadsheet to keep track of tasks that come to me for troubleshooting our Quality Program. I log each call or email in a row on the spreadsheet. I put the date received and the status (amongst other info) for each task. I set up conditional formatting for open, closed. Basically, if "G2 = "Open" the row turns blue. If it = "Closed" it turns green.

I want to add a third condition so if it is "Open" 7 days passed the date received (A2) the row will turn Red. I'm having trouble with this formula and can only get it to work if "A2" is < TODAY.

Here is my current formula for this condition. Anyone have any ideas?

=(AND(EXACT($G2,"Open"), ($A2 < TODAY() ) ))

CEH
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm sure there are special forums out there for this, but I'm too lazy to find one.

I've built myself a spreadsheet to keep track of tasks that come to me for troubleshooting our Quality Program. I log each call or email in a row on the spreadsheet. I put the date received and the status (amongst other info) for each task. I set up conditional formatting for open, closed. Basically, if "G2 = "Open" the row turns blue. If it = "Closed" it turns green.

I want to add a third condition so if it is "Open" 7 days passed the date received (A2) the row will turn Red. I'm having trouble with this formula and can only get it to work if "A2" is < TODAY.

Here is my current formula for this condition. Anyone have any ideas?

=(AND(EXACT($G2,"Open"), ($A2 < TODAY() ) ))

=(AND(EXACT($G2,"Open"), ($A2+7 < TODAY() ) ))

See bold above

ksBRONCOfan
02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
See bold above

Good God was it that simple... I'm embarrassed.