PDA

View Full Version : OT-Dante's Inferno Superbowl Ad

Archer81
02-02-2010, 03:18 PM
<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=dantesinferno_trl_superbowad_20210&object=14296030'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14296030.html'>More Dante's Inferno (Divine Edition) Info</a></div>

:Broncos:

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Game is gonna be sick

Taco John
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Great music selection for the video. It works!

Taco John
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
It looks like the same game engine they used for Force Unleashed.

Bronx33
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Can't go wrong with withers.

jayman_37
02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I played the demo on ps3 and it was pretty good.

extralife
02-02-2010, 06:53 PM
<i>sick yo. this **** is tite dawg I herd they wrote a book about it or something I wonder if they got the halo book guys to write it. hope they got pictures lol right bro</i>"

/misappropriate literature because it shares mythology with one and a "character" with another of the influential (and bad) games you are shamelessly ripping off for a C rate derivative with the brain of a mule.

watermock
02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Damn... gotta get a PS3 now.

Santa didn't come.

Archer81
02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
<i>sick yo. this **** is tite dawg I herd they wrote a book about it or something I wonder if they got the halo book guys to write it. hope they got pictures lol right bro</i>"

/misappropriate literature because it shares mythology with one and a "character" with another of the influential (and bad) games you are shamelessly ripping off for a C rate derivative with the brain of a mule.

What?

extralife
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I really hope I don't have to explain this.

DBroncos4life
02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I really hope I don't have to explain this.

That it's 5 o'clock somewhere? :P

extralife
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
some one please pretend to be clever and post a /facepalm image for me

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM

/someone reads deadspin too much

The people who get all uptight about this being based on a classic piece of literature need to chill the **** out. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - any issues there? No? Cool. Now STFU.

Killericon
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
/someone reads deadspin too much

The people who get all uptight about this being based on a classic piece of literature need to chill the **** out. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - any issues there? No? Cool. Now STFU.

Well, I have my objections to the direct adaptation, but that aside, it still looks like a stupid God of War clone.

Xenos
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I was originally excited for this until I got some time with Bayonetta. Now that's one interesting game with perhaps the most hyper combat system ever.

It's the successor to Devil May Cry:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwj39pf450s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwj39pf450s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Well, I have my objections to the direct adaptation, but that aside, it still looks like a stupid God of War clone.

And every FPS is a Doom clone.

Thank you, come again.

extralife
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM
the "stupid god of war clone" part is pretty important. the only reason they are exhuming the corpse of Dante is because

1: Dante was totally in hell, and so was Kratos.

2: The Inferno mentions Greek Things, and Greek Things are totally in GoW

3: Dante is named Dante and so is Dante from Devil May Cry

I have a problem with popular media needing to appropriate a "license" or "property" for every single hackneyed piece of derivative garbage ever produced. They do it precisely so "gamers" (this word is for our purposes synonymous with "idiots") can "band together" when what we call "real people" object to the idiocy of their particular insular world encroaching on the territory of "people with brains."

also God of War is a terrible video game.

DBroncos4life
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Thank you, come again.

Wolfenstein 3D

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
the "stupid god of war clone" part is pretty important. the only reason they are exhuming the corpse of Dante is because

I have a problem with popular media needing to appropriate a "license" or "property" for every single hackneyed piece of derivative garbage ever produced. They do it precisely so "gamers" (this word is for our purposes synonymous with "idiots") can "band together" when what we call "real people" object to the idiocy of their particular insular world encroaching on the territory of "people with brains."

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

extralife
02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
So it is a conspiracy to you when people do completely transparent things in order to make money. Not that I am particularly surprised that someone that thinks this game is <i>totally sick brah</i> is a blithering idiot.

TheChamp24
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM

http://firasd.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/stop-posting.jpg

You need to stop posting pointless crap like this. I find it hilarious people like to rip on someone elses' interest/hobby and way of having fun, taking a load off the real world to de-stress and relax while enjoying the moment. You need to get your pompous head out of your ass, like seriously.

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
So it is a conspiracy to you when people do completely transparent things in order to make money. Not that I am particularly surprised that someone that thinks this game is <i>totally sick brah</i> is a blithering idiot.

Listen, Jack Thompson, step away from the computer and go take your pills

Flex Gunmetal
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM

You need to calm down sally. All the crying in the world won't prevent this game from being released, or people from buying it.
lol

snowspot66
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Sorry but every game is made to make money. And except sports games every major title is made by people who genuinely want it to be a great game. I personally don't care for these types of games but a lot of people do.

Odds are the title was decided on by the marketing people well after the game went into production.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I highly doubt the "title" was decided on after the fact. In fact, I can guarantee you it wasn't. It would be "worse" were that the case anyway!

There is a difference between "want" it to be great and "have the talent to make it great." And certainly the people that decided this game was going to be made could care less either way. Obviously there are some people working on the game that sure would like it to not suck, but...what are we even talking about here?

You're right, the game will be released and I honestly won't care because I don't surround myself with people that will have any interest in it one way or another. Definitely had to get a good laugh out of people thinking this game looks at all competent, however, and an even greater laugh out of people that had no idea Dante's Inferno was anything but a video game. It certainly doesn't do video games and the people that make and play them any good to take a piece of canonical literature and turn it into a pointless hack and slash.

Did you know you can condemn souls that are already in hell in this game. Did you know that. Seriously the New York Times wasted space talking about this game. What happened.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:09 PM
I want to read a review of Dante's Inferno: The Poem Based On The Game on some video game website.

seriously if anyone can make that happen I will email you real space dollars.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:09 PM
**** I could do this myself hell this is a great idea.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
To kill, or not to kill?

That is the question Electronic Arts asks in their new multimedia property Dante's Inferno™. In the video game half, the answer is clear: kill. In the poem version, however, EA commissioned the eponymous Dante to envision a Hell where killing isn't the answer. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, Dante offers as the narrative gets under way, but really, what is scarier for the modern consumer--a Hell in a book, with no threat of violence, or the fully realized 3D hell of the action game masterpiece? We here at GAMEASAURUS think the answer is obvious!

etc, etc.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
In a shocking move, EA (NASDAQ:ELEA) announced today that they were forgoing the assumed Dante's Purgatorio follow up to the smash hit Dante's Inferno, and are instead planning Dante's Inferno 2: Down the Gaping Maw of Satan, in which the player, as Dante, discovers that there's more to hell than meets the eye after the final confrontation with Satan himself at the end of the original game.

"The team felt like the wrath of Dante knows no bounds. After making the original game, we all knew there were more layers of Hell to explore," said Dante's Inferno director Jonathan Knight.

Who or what can players expect to fight this time around? "We originally planned on adding historical figures like Hitler, Stalin, and Santa Claus, but we have since come around to the idea of zombies and those pink things from Doom," Knight continued, visible excited. "For some reason video games just don't have enough zombies. Who would have thought!"

With Virgil dramatically killed by the spirit of Homer at the end of The Inferno, it falls to rugged anti-hero Brutus to act as Dante's guide through the ever expanding depths of Tartarus in the sequel.

"Brutus gets a bad rap. We have reimagined him as a gruff, rogue-ish counter part to Dante's pious vengeance. He's totally a badass," added Knight.

TDmvp
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/15/29751274562f8aefd2ce.jpg

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
surely you have a more appropriate image to thoughtlessly link in the rush to confirm your adherence to the status quo

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
To kill, or not to kill?

That is the question Electronic Arts asks in their new multimedia property Dante's Inferno™. In the video game half, the answer is clear: kill. In the poem version, however, EA commissioned the eponymous Dante to envision a Hell where killing isn't the answer. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, Dante offers as the narrative gets under way, but really, what is scarier for the modern consumer--a Hell in a book, with no threat of violence, or the fully realized 3D hell of the action game masterpiece? We here at GAMEASAURUS think the answer is obvious!

etc, etc.

Is everything okay at home? Happy sex life? No one is touching you inappropriately at the office, are they?

Here is more good news for you, Jack Thomspon: the Visceral guys are thinking about Macbeth "The Game" as well:

http://kotaku.com/5462863/dantes-inferno-producer-ponders-macbeth-the-game

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Already assimilated that info, son

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:31 PM
In Dante's McBeth, our hero emerges from the pits of hell only to realize two hundred years have passed on the surface world while he did battle. Dante finds himself in Elizabethan England as the young wizard Shakespeare threatens to undue the very fabric of reality by manipulating the headstrong Macbeth, mighty general of Scotland. Can Dante stop Shakespeare before Macbeth crushes England under the might of his Scottish hordes?!

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:32 PM
surely you have a more appropriate image to thoughtlessly link in the rush to confirm your adherence to the status quo

People celebrate art mash-ups. Get over it. Holding some classic up in reverence is fine. But to say you can't re-imagine a piece of art is just absolutist and stupid.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I like your use of the word art, there.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:34 PM
it's totally postmodern

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Dante's Inferno: The Game: The Mashup shows us how callow modern man is in his quest to defeat the past. It exposes the Renaissance for the call to violence it really was.

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
On a separate, but related topic, Dantes Inferno is getting great reviews:

http://www.digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/34-360/4503-dantes-inferno.html

TDmvp
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
People celebrate art mash-ups. Get over it. Holding some classic up in reverence is fine. But to say you can't re-imagine a piece of art is just absolutist and stupid.

Yup ... Considering 50% at least of the stuff we see in films,TV,books,etc. today is INSPIRED by something else...

Like in the Avatar thread we was talking about how many thing have been inspired by The Heart of Darkness...

If you don't like it I would probably just avoid all sources of current media.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
lets not put a damper on this thread by drudging up the abortive attempts of video game criticism. totally harshin' my vibe, here.

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I like your use of the word art, there.

I like how you misspell MacBeth.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
If you don't like I would probably just avoid all sources of media that are passively fed to us in favor of actually searching for quality, depth and commitment on your own.

fixed, and totally great advice!

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
lets not put a damper on this thread by drudging up the abortive attempts of video game criticism. totally harshin' my vibe, here.

You're funny - in a "sad clown" kinda way

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I like how you misspell MacBeth.

http://www.pbs.org/shakespeare/images/works/macbeth-poster.jpg

orly

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
osnap you're right I misspelled it one of the four times I typed it

and you misspelled "misspelled"

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
You're funny

thank you

Pontius Pirate
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
osnap you're right I misspelled it one of the four times I typed it

and you misspelled "misspelled"

Nah. I didn't.

But this thread has been fun. Good night. Keep fighting the good fight, Jack Thompson

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
To kill, or not to kill?

etc, etc.This sucks for even off-the-cuff mock heroic. If you're going to climb on a soapbox and scream how much better you are than everyone, don't waste our time with toilet satire.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
lol

k next time I'll come back with the next great american novel here on this football message board

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
also what the hell is "heroic" about that post at all

did I unconsciously type in dactylic hexameter or something

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
lol

k next time I'll come back with the next great american novel here on this football message board
Or STFU and don't complain about what other people enjoy, you fastidious charlatan.

extralife
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Cynic at Large

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Does mock have a new login?

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
also what the hell is "heroic" about that post at all

did I unconsciously type in dactylic hexameter or something
Mock-heroic, mock-epic or heroi-comic works are typically satires or parodies that mock common Classical stereotypes of heroes and heroic literature. Typically, mock-heroic works invert the heroic work by either putting a fool in the role of the hero or by exaggerating the heroic qualities to such a point that they become absurd Taken from wikipedia.

That's exactly what you are doing with the sloppy foil of a videogame review. I can point to specific word choices and call back phrases, if you want to get prissy.

extralife
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
how did I know you were plumbing the depths of wikipedia here.

brotip, saucy mcsaucerson: a video game review is not "heroic literature," ergo mocking a review is not a mocking of heroic literature. if you want to get serious here, The Divine Comedy isn't even heroic literature. so you can go back to wikipedia and dictionary.com, son, 'cause I know a fool when I rope one.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Can we post the facepalm picture yet?

TDmvp
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Romeo and Juliet borrows from a tradition of tragic love stories dating back to antiquity. One of these is Pyramus and Thisbe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramus_and_Thisbe), from Ovid's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovid) Metamorphoses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamorphoses), which contains parallels to Shakespeare's story: the lovers' parents despise each other, and Pyramus falsely believes his lover Thisbe is dead.<sup id="cite_ref-5" class="reference">[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_and_Juliet#cite_note-5)</sup> The Ephesiaca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesian_Tale) of Xenophon of Ephesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophon_of_Ephesus), written in the 3rd century, also contains several similarities to the play, including the separation of the lovers, and a potion which induces a deathlike sleep.

Darn that Shakespeare , taking some stories and mashing them up to make his own story.

TDmvp
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/75342247/facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.gif

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Boom! Textbook facepalm.

extralife
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
and yet no one posted it when I called for it.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry, I was at work.

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
how did I know you were plumbing the depths of wikipedia here.

brotip, saucy mcsaucerson: a video game review is not "heroic literature," ergo mocking a review is not a mocking of heroic literature. if you want to get serious here, The Divine Comedy isn't even heroic literature. so you can go back to wikipedia and dictionary.com, son, 'cause I know a fool when I rope one.Yeah, turning Hamlet's line into a sophomoric piece of crap, certainly doesn't invite a mock heroic tone, does it? Wiki is a fine resource for quick and easy connotative definitions. Get that pedantic stick out of your ass. There are likely people here that are far more educated than you are on matters of taste, judgment, and literature.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:16 PM
This work?

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

extralife
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, turning Hamlet's line into a sophomoric piece of crap, certainly doesn't invite a mock heroic tone, does it? Wiki is a fine resource for quick and easy connotative definitions. Get that pedantic stick out of your ass. There are likely people here that are far more educated than you are on matters of taste, judgment, and literature.

I think this may have gone over what is left of your head a little bit

(Hamlet isn't heroic literature either)

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I think this may have gone over what is left of your head a little bit

(Hamlet isn't heroic literature either)You're using heroic far, far too narrowly, as if you should capitalize it. The mock-heroic tone is something you find in a popular and contemporary media all the time. If there's some joke, that I'm missing, well, feel free to clue me in; rather than being so glib.

Look, I don't have a lot of patience for people who claim to have a monopoly on high taste. The truth is good art, narrative and form are found in all kinds of media, and sometimes rarely in places that claim to have the most of it.

extralife
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Sing, Goddess, of the Wrath of godlike extralife
Murderous, doomed, that cast the lives of countless posters
Down into the pits of Dante's Inferno,
Where the Horses' Butt fed on their felsh.
Begin, Muse, when the two clashed,
The godlike extralife, and Pseudofool, lord of men.

UberBroncoMan
02-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Going to spoil the ending for all of you.

The final boss is Kevin Spacey.

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 10:42 PM
The godlike extralife, and Pseudofool, lord of men.
The age old question whether to be a king or a demigod.

EA: Paradise Lost
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

Pseudofool
02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Going to spoil the ending for all of you.

The final boss is Kevin Spacey.
http://www.ugo.com/therush/images/articles/the-usual-suspects-the-legend-of-keyser-soze-224/main.jpg

Xenos
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM

That may be true for the first game. But the second one was awesome and basically fixed all the flaws that were in the first game.

TheReverend
02-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Wolfenstein 3D

And God of War from Devil May Cry

Los Broncos
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I played the demo it's just like God of War.

I really want Battlefield bad company, it suppose to be a new era in gaming.

But that's what they all say when their coming out.

extralife
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I really want Battlefield bad company, it suppose to be a new era in gaming

what the hell could this possibly mean

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
what the hell could this possibly mean

It's the new era because they're going back to dedicated servers for multiplayer on PC.

Activision can suck my **** for what they did to Modern Warfare 2's mutiplayer game on PC.

Blart
02-03-2010, 02:10 AM
The game industry wiping its ass on literature. This is why normal people play Wii and Popcap games.

Killericon
02-03-2010, 04:01 AM

Thank you, come again.

I didn't mean that it was bad as a God of War clone(A not overly original game itself)...I meant that it looks like a STUPID God of War clone. How many quicktime events can one game possibly have?

I want to read a review of Dante's Inferno: The Poem Based On The Game on some video game website.

seriously if anyone can make that happen I will email you real space dollars.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/02/dantes-inferno-the-book-based-on-the-game-based-on-the-poem-ba/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/02/inferno-back-580.jpg

watermock
02-03-2010, 04:14 AM
So,. I'm in.

Is a ps3 ok?

I'm back in the pinball/pacman era...

HILife
02-03-2010, 05:35 AM

Que?

Sorry my spanish isn't very good. Could you translate that to english?

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-03-2010, 06:06 AM
OT, but referenced earlier:

Bayonetta can suck my balls. That game was annoying as hell. Traded it for ME2. I win.

Pontius Pirate
02-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I played the demo it's just like God of War.

I really want Battlefield bad company, it suppose to be a new era in gaming.

But that's what they all say when their coming out.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ9fTM-bC9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ9fTM-bC9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rigs11
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
So,. I'm in.

Is a ps3 ok?

I'm back in the pinball/pacman era...

ps3 is ok, it's a great media center, however the games on the 360 look and run better.Dante's inferno is available on 360 as well.

Taco John
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I want a cut of those space dollars.

Killericon
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I want a cut of those space dollars.

No way, man, I need those space dollars to gain insight about how EA's thrilling new video game was made.

TheReverend
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I'm not opposed to them ripping off and mangling the story line of a classic piece of literature... the Inferno is the only part of the Divine Comedy anyone gives a flying **** about anyways, and you never know what kind of actual learning it may inspire.

I know entirely wayyyyyyyyyy too much about 2-3rd century China thanks to this mangling of historical events:

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/31/Destiny_of_an_Emperor_Cover.jpg/250px-Destiny_of_an_Emperor_Cover.jpg

DBroncos4life
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
And God of War from Devil May Cry

I'm not sure what that means? All I know is that Wolfenstein 3D came first (1992) and the makers of it (id Software) used it as a model for Doom (1993)

Archer81
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I was not aware people felt so strongly about 14th century Renaissance literature about Hell, Purgatory and Heaven...I posted it because I thought the premise was cool. Sorry about it. I like to eviscerate headless lust demons. Thats what I'm good at.

Doggcow
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
OT, but referenced earlier:

Bayonetta can suck my balls. That game was annoying as hell. Traded it for ME2. I win.

Bayonetta was an amazing game for the genre. The story may have been awkward, but the combat is only comparable in awesomeness to DMC.

ME2 is solid, however, Bioware really sold out to try and reel in all the gears and MW2 kids that don't know what an RPG is.

Killericon
02-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Bayonetta was an amazing game for the genre. The story may have been awkward, but the combat is only comparable in awesomeness to DMC.

ME2 is solid, however, Bioware really sold out to try and reel in all the gears and MW2 kids that don't know what an RPG is.

ME is to RPG/Action games what Halo was to FPSs. Not an ounce of originality, just the focus-group game.

I'm saving all my $$$ for Red Dead Redemption. Yee-haw.

Los Broncos
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
ME is to RPG/Action games what Halo was to FPSs. Not an ounce of originality, just the focus-group game.

Red Dead is going to be sweet since I just bought a new TV.

Natedog24
02-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes ME2 cut out most of the RPG stuff, but honestly I don't mind it much because most of the RPG stuff in ME1 wasn't very good (and this coming from a big RPG fan). Ultimately like most if not all Bioware games its the story and character development that make or break the game and ME2 is once again top notch stuff in that regards (Mordin rules).

As for Dauntes Inferno pretty obvious that the game is aimed at PS2 God of War fans who made the jump to the 360 and don't plan on getting a PS3. Looks like it should fill that niche quite nicely.

Pontius Pirate
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM

You can have sex with aliens in Halo?

TDmvp
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I think this looks like a cool revamp of Castlevania ... and yea I know it looks a lot like GoW as well ... but still looks amazing ...
the boss like mobs look killer ...

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y8F0dQM1DI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y8F0dQM1DI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Archer81
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I think this looks like a cool revamp of Castlevania ... and yea I know it looks a lot like GoW as well ... but still looks amazing ...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y8F0dQM1DI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y8F0dQM1DI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This one I am really excited about. I love the Castlevania series.

extralife
02-03-2010, 08:05 PM

The difference is Halo is good, and Mass Effect is embarrassing.

Taco John
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Crap like this makes me depressed. I'm good hearted. When am I ever going to have a chance to swing through a stained glass window and land on bent knee like a total badass?

Taco John
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Not to spoil the ending or anything... But Patrick Stewart turns out to be the ultimate bad guy at the end.

Not that I know. But I know.

Archer81
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Crap like this makes me depressed. I'm good hearted. When am I ever going to have a chance to swing through a stained glass window and land on bent knee like a total badass?

Well...

When Obama is unmasked as the antichrist, the good side will probably need a few guys well versed in the arts of badassery.

Taco John
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Well...

When Obama is unmasked as the antichrist, the good side will probably need a few guys well versed in the arts of badassery.

Just point me at a stained glass window and say when.

Archer81
02-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Just point me at a stained glass window and say when.

Deal.

extralife
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/El1Epyp6_Tw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/El1Epyp6_Tw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hard game

Taco John
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
The game industry wiping its ass on literature. This is why normal people play Wii and Popcap games.

I take it then you won't be playing Grand Theft Auto: Waiting for Godot.

TheReverend
02-03-2010, 11:00 PM

He better be a Belmont, or I'm not buying it.

Killericon
02-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I take it then you won't be playing Grand Theft Auto: Waiting for Godot.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6499/mobydickb.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/mobydickb.jpg/)

extralife
02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I could see a Moby Dick game working if it were made by someone that wanted to make it work.

just sayin'

Doggcow
02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/El1Epyp6_Tw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/El1Epyp6_Tw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hard game

Those are trash mobs. Trash mobs in all Action games are easy. It's when they throw in bosses and midrange mobs in addition to the trash mobs that they get difficult.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was easy when it was just trash mobs.

Taco John
02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Those are trash mobs. Trash mobs in all Action games are easy. It's when they throw in bosses and midrange mobs in addition to the trash mobs that they get difficult.

It's still just a button masher at the end of the day. Those are only fun if the story is worth a damn. This looks essentially like Ghosts and Goblins without the need for any actual skill.

But that's not to judge anyone who enjoys the game. I enjoyed the hell out of The Force Unleashed. Got boring after awhile, but the story kept me into it.

extralife
02-04-2010, 02:18 AM

can you please refrain from saying stupid things in the future

Pontius Pirate
02-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Embarrassing because you were caught masturbating to it???

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
It's still just a button masher at the end of the day. Those are only fun if the story is worth a damn. This looks essentially like Ghosts and Goblins without the need for any actual skill.

But that's not to judge anyone who enjoys the game. I enjoyed the hell out of The Force Unleashed. Got boring after awhile, but the story kept me into it.

I'd hardly call something a button masher because you have a skill that's exceptionally effective on the trash mobs of the game.

I guarantee you don't sit there and spam that skill on all bosses and autowin.

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM

Oh so you're a Halo fanboy.

The most worthless franchise on the planet.

At least it has SPACE ZOMBIES!

Rigs11
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM

Halo is the most overrated POS game ever made.

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Halo is the most overrated POS game ever made.

Don't bother, Halo fanboys will defend it til the end of the world. They're so brainwashed that they refuse to accept anything other than Halo.

Hell, one kid tried to tell me Halo Wars was better than Starcraft the other day...

Dagmar
02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
https://illinois.edu/db/dialogFileSec/2009/10/01/220.jpg

Dagmar
02-04-2010, 08:23 AM
But seriously.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy290/xxKristy3xx/Decorated%20images/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20-1.gif

Pontius Pirate
02-04-2010, 08:35 AM
can you please refrain from saying stupid things in the future

"I have a problem with popular media needing to appropriate a "license" or "property" for every single hackneyed piece of derivative garbage ever produced. They do it precisely so "gamers" (this word is for our purposes synonymous with "idiots") can "band together" when what we call "real people" object to the idiocy of their particular insular world encroaching on the territory of "people with brains."

"Halo is good"

ARGUMENT COMPROMISED! ABORT! ABORT!

Rigs11
02-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Don't bother, Halo fanboys will defend it til the end of the world. They're so brainwashed that they refuse to accept anything other than Halo.

Hell, one kid tried to tell me Halo Wars was better than Starcraft the other day...

PC games were doing what halo did years before.The story for halo is weak, the gameplay is repetitive, they stole pretty much everything from Tribes.meh.

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
PC games were doing what halo did years before.The story for halo is weak, the gameplay is repetitive, they stole pretty much everything from Tribes.meh.

Tribes 2 was amazing.

Halo is the bastard Child of Unreal/Quake and Rainbow Six, nothing more.

Halo's futile attempt at a storyline is what makes it epically terrible.

Taco John
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
The thing I liked about Halo more than any other was the game control. It was the first time I thought that the game control on a FPS felt totally natural for a console. Plus, I liked the idea of the bio-ring. I thought that was a kind of cool concept.

extralife
02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
whoa I guess I shouldn't have mentioned Halo ololol

but I'm the fanboy I guess.

Bronco Boy
02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Man, for a non-gamer this thread is hilarious.

extralife
02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
"I have a problem with popular media needing to appropriate a "license" or "property" for every single hackneyed piece of derivative garbage ever produced. They do it precisely so "gamers" (this word is for our purposes synonymous with "idiots") can "band together" when what we call "real people" object to the idiocy of their particular insular world encroaching on the territory of "people with brains."

"Halo is good"

ARGUMENT COMPROMISED! ABORT! ABORT!

maybe you should learn to read. you might realize the argument "popular media should not desperately claim to licenses for no discernible reason" has nothing to do with the statement that "Halo is a good game." this is because Halo, regardless of your half-assed opinion on it, was actually created by Bungie.

Archer81
02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
maybe you should learn to read. you might realize the argument "popular media should not desperately claim to licenses for no discernible reason" has nothing to do with the statement that "Halo is a good game." this is because Halo, regardless of your half-assed opinion on it, was actually created by Bungie.

But borrowed from other sources...so to be upset about a lack of originality in one game but like another is a contradiction. Nothing Halo brought was new.

Pontius Pirate
02-04-2010, 11:25 AM

ABSOLUTEBOT has suffered serious damage. Now attempting to patch "derivative garbage" virus with "Halo is not derivative" hotfix. Must reboot before proceeding. DANGER - "transparent reasons for money" firewall is preventing download of "Halo is good" and "desperately claim to licenses" upgrade. ABSOLUTEBOT unable to reboot.

Thank the maker!

Everyone approves +10
Morrigan disapproves -4

Taco John
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL!

http://420.thrashbarg.net/lol_que.jpg

Requiem
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't play video games much anymore. Kinda grew up from that.

Pontius Pirate
02-04-2010, 12:52 PM

Thank you for your contribution.

Flex Gunmetal
02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Halo is trash. Mass Effect 1 was amazing. Haven't played 2 yet.
extralife is an idiot.

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
ABSOLUTEBOT has suffered serious damage. Now attempting to patch "derivative garbage" virus with "Halo is not derivative" hotfix. Must reboot before proceeding. DANGER - "transparent reasons for money" firewall is preventing download of "Halo is good" and "desperately claim to licenses" upgrade. ABSOLUTEBOT unable to reboot.

Thank the maker!

Everyone approves +10
Morrigan disapproves -4

But Morrigan will have a 3 way...

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 02:59 PM

Yeah, now he spends his time asking OMANE what to do with his life.

Flex Gunmetal
02-04-2010, 03:13 PM

This story is so awesome bro I wish you would tell it again.

TheReverend
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Halo is trash. Mass Effect 1 was amazing. Haven't played 2 yet.
extralife is an idiot.

I really didn't like Mass Effect, but I'm not really into the sci fi thing and fps for that matter... so I should've seen it coming.

Doggcow
02-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I really didn't like Mass Effect, but I'm not really into the sci fi thing and fps for that matter... so I should've seen it coming.

Since when is mass effect a FPS?