PDA

View Full Version : mcdaniels interview

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
someone from BM posted it

http://api.ning.com/files/RsW*2vSoO7GLKcBrHEHXfui8bohYF9hErC4s1SgksuKna6VPXx w99SKRgufWQqRJ1hroA5Km-A0IaFGFSx08HduDo-RRiHsw/JoshMcDaniels.mp3

Chris
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Before I listen to this... does he say anything worth noting? Or is it the usual question dodging?

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
havent listened yet, will post a recap in about 20

Dagmar
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds like the Marshall thing isn't the big deal it is made on here.

He called the Broncos "we". Blue isn't gonna like that. http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/starkweather007/mygif.gif

Dagmar
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Every time I listen to the coach I respect him more and more.

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Every time I listen to the coach I respect him more and more.

still havent listened to it, but me too. his is 1000% aware of the team, its strengths and weaknesses, and what approach to football it takes to win games.

his importance of o and d lines, the team mentality over individual players, and the toughness aspect that he brings to teh game. see: training camp.

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
still havent listened to it, but me too. his is 1000% aware of the team, its strengths and weaknesses, and what approach to football it takes to win games.
his importance of o and d lines, the team mentality over individual players, and the toughness aspect that he brings to teh game. see: training camp.

Well lets hope he starts implementing that approach, I guess a year to learn these things is not bad.

Popcorn Sutton
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Good interview. Thanks for posting.

Los Broncos
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Not a bad interview, sounds like Marshall may stay in Denver.

Will get with the team scouts in about a week, will look at film of Tebow...said last year in the draft they used picks to kill two birds with one stone.

Will most likely do the same this year. And takled about Martindale and how excited the players are, he has really helped Dawkins game.

What a cool ****ing job to be an NFL scout, that would be like everyones dream on this board.

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
recap:

-josh watched pro bowl, not grammys yesterday. said its interesting to see talent and ability out on field at pro bowl, feels bad for defensive backs because tehy have zero advantage in pro bowl. talks about complementary football and pieces of the team working together to become better.

-when asked about brandons future in denver, said its the same way he feels about marshall. its a situation theyve all moved on from and are past, mcdaniels called and spoke to broncos players in pro bowl to say hes proud of them for representing broncos at pro bowl.

-when played brandons sideline clip, vic said someone went to PR school. said marshall is saying the right things, when asking mcdaniels what chances are of marshall coming back, mcdaniels said there is uncertainty because of CBA but team isnt ready to commit because of different CBA circumstances. lots of things happen during season and players/coaches ultimately stay together. bottom line: happy he is bronco and we will see how everything unfolds.

-wink is new DC, don pees is not (duh). mcdaniels says wink is great coach and did a great job, good communicator and teacher, understands philosophy, shares it and wants to build on it. he helped coach secondary last year as well. comes from the "ryan" lineage, players respond to him, communicates very well with mcdaniels and staff, system doesnt change. mcdaniels communicated with dawkins, champ, doom, williams about coordinator search, all of them essentially wanted wink as new DC.

-about draft: identify what you need on teh team and go about filling those needs in one way or another, FA draft or backup player gets more times. want to get best players that you can while fulfilling need, which is what they will try to do this year.

-tebow: not qualified to answer if he can play in the NFL since he hasnt seen enough film, draft meetings dont start for another week. very productive in college, says alot about the player, has lots of good qualities that teams would want, every player in college has lots to work on and improve. one thing you cant measure is how hard is the player willing to work to fix what is holding the player back.

-says super bowl will be great game. biggest thing is how will new orleans stop freeney and mathis while being aggressive to score lots of points. thinks colts win close game, thanks for going out on a limb joshy boy.

-about running game and new coach: running game will look different, want to be a tough physical football team and run a downhill game. there will be some zone stretch running game, but its not one singular focus. more variety, lots of downhill, push the line of scrimmage and let the backs work.

-oline: have to look at production, want them to be big but depends on how well they play and how aggressive they are. unrealistic to put weight limit or floor on line.

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Not a bad interview, sounds like Marshall may stay in Denver.

Will get with the team scouts in about a week, will look at film of Tebow...said last year in the draft they used picks to kill two birds with one stone.

Will most likely do the same this year. And takled about Martindale and how excited the players are, he has really helped Dawkins game.

What a cool ****ing job to be an NFL scout, that would be like everyones dream on this board.

long, long, long hours, not great pay, constantly traveling from one city to next, i dont know how long career is either.

Los Broncos
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
long, long, long hours, not great pay, constantly traveling from one city to next, i dont know how long career is either.

True, but if you love the game it's not really a job.

But I guess not being home would suck.

yerner
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM
What a ****ing **** head. I am trying to root for this guy. And overall, I think his major mistake is not explaining his thinking and just talking about football more publicly. His explanation about Marshall is a absolute joke. Seriously, someone try to document that stuttering pricks reply word for word. Be a goddamn man and say something half way understandable.

SoCalBronco
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
recap:

-josh watched pro bowl, not grammys yesterday. said its interesting to see talent and ability out on field at pro bowl, feels bad for defensive backs because tehy have zero advantage in pro bowl. talks about complementary football and pieces of the team working together to become better.

-when asked about brandons future in denver, said its the same way he feels about marshall. its a situation theyve all moved on from and are past, mcdaniels called and spoke to broncos players in pro bowl to say hes proud of them for representing broncos at pro bowl.

-when played brandons sideline clip, vic said someone went to PR school. said marshall is saying the right things, when asking mcdaniels what chances are of marshall coming back, mcdaniels said there is uncertainty because of CBA but team isnt ready to commit because of different CBA circumstances. lots of things happen during season and players/coaches ultimately stay together. bottom line: happy he is bronco and we will see how everything unfolds.

-wink is new DC, don pees is not (duh). mcdaniels says wink is great coach and did a great job, good communicator and teacher, understands philosophy, shares it and wants to build on it. he helped coach secondary last year as well. comes from the "ryan" lineage, players respond to him, communicates very well with mcdaniels and staff, system doesnt change. mcdaniels communicated with dawkins, champ, doom, williams about coordinator search, all of them essentially wanted wink as new DC.

-about draft: identify what you need on teh team and go about filling those needs in one way or another, FA draft or backup player gets more times. want to get best players that you can while fulfilling need, which is what they will try to do this year.

-tebow: not qualified to answer if he can play in the NFL since he hasnt seen enough film, draft meetings dont start for another week. very productive in college, says alot about the player, has lots of good qualities that teams would want, every player in college has lots to work on and improve. one thing you cant measure is how hard is the player willing to work to fix what is holding the player back.

-says super bowl will be great game. biggest thing is how will new orleans stop freeney and mathis while being aggressive to score lots of points. thinks colts win close game, thanks for going out on a limb joshy boy.

-about running game and new coach: running game will look different, want to be a tough physical football team and run a downhill game. there will be some zone stretch running game, but its not one singular focus. more variety, lots of downhill, push the line of scrimmage and let the backs work.

-oline: have to look at production, want them to be big but depends on how well they play and how aggressive they are. unrealistic to put weight limit or floor on line.

Thanks for the summary.

Dagmar
02-01-2010, 06:50 PM
What a ****ing **** head. I am trying to root for this guy. And overall, I think his major mistake is not explaining his thinking and just talking about football more publicly. His explanation about Marshall is a absolute joke. Seriously, someone try to document that stuttering pricks reply word for word. Be a goddamn man and say something half way understandable.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj122/Learpholl/8fpezhc.gif

snowspot66
02-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Would you prefer it if he just came out and said go **** yourself?

bowtown
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM

http://img.moronail.net/img/0/2/1302.jpg

broncosteven
02-01-2010, 07:22 PM
recap:

This looks good on paper (or teh InteRNeTs), make it happen on the Gridiron.

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Ha!

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Would you prefer it if he just came out and said go **** yourself?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxFc1RMbko4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxFc1RMbko4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

doonwise
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM

IS HE OFF HIS MEDS?? (again?)

Mr.Meanie
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM

:rofl:

ZONA
02-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Indeed it's quite funny how the world thinks Brandon is gone but the guy making the decision has said nothing at all to indicate that what so ever. He said he was going to take some time off, cool down and evaluate things after getting a way for a bit. He said he is past that final week thingy and understands BM is one hell of a player. I think Josh would definitely listen to offers for BM but don't think for a second this coach is just going to give him away for a pile of beans. If anything, it doesn't appear that we would get full value for him so he could be staying.

strafen
02-01-2010, 11:14 PM

his importance of o and d lines, the team mentality over individual players, and the toughness aspect that he brings to teh game. see: training camp.Dude, that's exactly what he said when he's got the job, didn't he?
He's started to sound like a broken record!

watermock
02-02-2010, 12:51 AM
He's starting to sound like an apologist moron.

2-8 is 2-8.

Especially with 2 miracle wins early and the Marshall fiasco, and our shiat draft.

ZONA
02-02-2010, 12:53 AM

2-8 is 2-8.

Especially with 2 miracle wins early and the Marshall fiasco, and our shiat draft.

I don't hear him apologizing for anything. I think you hear what you want to hear.

watermock
02-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Your right.

Maybe his dog ate his homework.

Kaylore
02-02-2010, 01:25 AM

2-8 is 2-8.

So we barely beat those teams and they don't count as wins to you, but the Eagles and Colts games where we barely lost, do those count as wins?

You're (<------notice how I spelled this correctly) stupid.

watermock
02-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes, YOU'RE ignorant about the reality.

Gaffney's tip was one of he biggest flukes in NFL history and BM's was just plain awesome for a guy gone next year.

If you think we barely beat the Colts, YOU'RE under delusion.

watermock
02-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Fact is, we go beaten down by 2 of the NFL's worst teams with the playoffs on the line.

watermock
02-02-2010, 01:40 AM
At HOME.

btw, I have trouble typing at all, excuuuse me!

Popps
02-02-2010, 01:46 AM
btw, I have trouble typing at all, excuuuse me!

Maybe it's best you don't.

The Joker
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:H4dfRL0iMYvNaM:http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/481/55/n201031430364_605.jpg

Blah blah blah, derp derp derp...

I like the way Shnrub thinks!!

I personally only count the road games against Oakland and Kansas, along with the home game against Cleveland, as wins.

The other games we won, we theoretically could have lost.

3-13, what a pathetic coach we have.

watermock
02-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I don't post much now, listen to C2C while I skim.....

Denver was 8-8. They had their fair share of good and bad breaks. Actually more good than bad, thanks to Nolan's D.

Cool Breeze
02-02-2010, 02:05 AM
I wanna see this part - in bold!

his importance of o and d lines

Killericon
02-02-2010, 02:12 AM

2-8 is 2-8.

Just like 8-8 is 8-8.

watermock
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
It is what it is.

Going against the weak NFC west and give the weak AFC west, this was the year that Shanny had planned.

The stone cold fact is we lost both games AT HOME to 2 bad teams with nothing to play 4.

We can't even belive the injury bug.

Denver had it'[s lowest injury rate in a decade.

We SUCKED ON OFFENSE.

Jesus Christ, buy a clue.

Hillis, Marshall, and Scheff were all GONE, AS WAS THE ILLUSION.

Just wait...

And 8-8 is no illusion as is 2-8.

i4jelway7
02-02-2010, 02:34 AM
It is what it is.

Going against the weak NFC west and give the weak AFC west, this was the year that Shanny had planned.

The stone cold fact is we lost both games AT HOME to 2 bad teams with nothing to play 4.

We SUCKED ON OFFENSE.

Just wait...

we played the nfc east this past year

watermock
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
god...

worm
02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
mcdaniels communicated with dawkins, champ, doom, williams about coordinator search, all of them essentially wanted wink as new DC.

It was right for Chicago to bring Cutler into this part of the process and it was right for McDaniels to do it as well.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Seriously, did you listen to the interview mock or did you see the name McDaniels and get all squirrelly and riled up and post the same stuff?

I have an idea, copy and paste one of your above posts then since you have issues typing, the next time you get all annoyed about McD, whether it's in correct context or not, I mean it IS you, just hit CTRL & C.

Cool?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Yes, YOU'RE ignorant about the reality.

Gaffney's tip was one of he biggest flukes in NFL history and BM's was just plain awesome for a guy gone next year.

If you think we barely beat the Colts, YOU'RE under delusion.

haha thats just funny.

Mr.Meanie
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
It is what it is.

We SUCKED ON OFFENSE.

Just wait...

We played a brutal schedule, against the NFC East and the AFC North. Have you been taking your medication?

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
would it be possible to discuss this stuff without idiots like mock and dragster ruining the discussion and bringing up completely irrelevant **** that is mostly false anyway?

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
would it be possible to discuss this stuff without idiots like mock and dragster ruining the discussion and bringing up completely irrelevant **** that is mostly false anyway?

I think you know the answer to that.

Cool Breeze
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM

no

Borks147
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
every time you quote mock....

....god kills a kitten

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I think you know the answer to that.

i know :(

DenverBrit
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Sure, put them all on ignore, I'm trying it again.

It's amazing how much better the threads are without the few chronic whiners.

Paladin
02-02-2010, 11:35 AM

That really works well if people stop quoting them. Those guys get their jollies when someone "responds" to them. Pathetic losers.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Tried this, threads become very unusual.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
have you guys seen that firefox addon that removes all traces of those users from the forum? their posts, the posts of people that quote them etc?

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
have you guys seen that firefox addon that removes all traces of those users from the forum? their posts, the posts of people that quote them etc?

It's the vbulletin add-on, it is far too extreme. It looks like posters are responding to the person above them when they are actually responding to a poster who has been removed. It makes threads unreadable.

montrose
02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I think you see both sides realizing the CBA will likely dictate their future together for at least another season - just my guess.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
It's the vbulletin add-on, it is far too extreme. It looks like posters are responding to the person above them when they are actually responding to a poster who has been removed. It makes threads unreadable.

as opposed to how they are know with jhns running around :rofl:

woodall
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM

This is great that Josh understands the above items, but do you think he understands that you don't trade a first rounder in 2010 for a second rounder in 2009?

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
This is great that Josh understands the above items, but do you think he understands that you don't trade a first rounder in 2010 for a second rounder in 2009?

Yup, it would've really sucked to trade a first round guy like Jarvis Moss for DeMeco Ryans, who was taken one year earlier in the 2nd round.

jhns
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
as opposed to how they are know with jhns running around :rofl:

I say we play the ignore game again. You know, the one where everyone talks about putting everyone on ignore and makes a big deal about it. Then, after a week, start quoting them and crying about their posts again. That is always fun.

What is worse?
A) People that constantly cry about the team.
B) People that constantly cry(and try to insult) about people that cry about the team.

At least one of those groups is staying on the forums topic.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I say we play the ignore game again. You know, the one where everyone talks about putting everyone on ignore and makes a big deal about it. Then, after a week, start quoting them and crying about their posts again. That is always fun.

What is worse?
A) People that constantly cry about the team.
B) People that constantly cry(and try to insult) about people that cry about the team.

At least one of those groups is staying on the forums topic.

that one group does nothing even remotely close to stay on topic. you guys bitch in every single thread where people try to talk about actual events that are occuring right now. it turns into why mcd sucks and will eventually mess everything up instead of actual discussion.

jhns
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
that one group does nothing even remotely close to stay on topic. you guys b**** in every single thread where people try to talk about actual events that are occuring right now. it turns into why mcd sucks and will eventually mess everything up instead of actual discussion.

You constantly cry about people crying. No difference. It really just doesn't even make sense.

You are just as responsible for threads being off topic as anyone you can name. I bet I can show more threads you are off topic in than you can show for me. You and the "positive, everyone else is ruining the board" crew are also the ones that constantly throw the insults and act like children. You are the ones that constantly respond to the people you complain about and then cry that they respond back again. I know you think that is adding a lot to the discussion but it really isn't.

Some are going to have bad takes. We don't hate you for it. I just like to give my take as well. No need to cry about it.

misturanderson
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Actually that's the only way you can pick up an early 2nd rounder on draft day without giving away multiple picks. It has been done many times before (in fact the Panthers traded essentially the same 2010 pick as we did for a worse pick last year that they used on a guy that had a similarly "disappointing" rookie year and they didn't even have two 2010 1st rounders) and it will be done many times again.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Actually that the only way you can pick up an early 2nd rounder on draft day without giving away multiple picks. It has been done many times before (in fact the Panthers traded essentially the same 2010 pick as we did for a worse pick last year that they used on a guy that had a similarly "disappointing" rookie year) and it will be done many times again.

isnt it crazy how mcdaniels haters keep hammering on the same alphonso smith point as if there is anyone who is really satisfied with the pick? we get it, if it could be undone, regardless of what mcdaniels says he would not have made that trade again, it was a rookie coach backfire. why keep yelling at us as if it proves that mcdaniels sucks?

misturanderson
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
isnt it crazy how mcdaniels haters keep hammering on the same alphonso smith point as if there is anyone who is really satisfied with the pick? we get it, if it could be undone, regardless of what mcdaniels says he would not have made that trade again, it was a rookie coach backfire. why keep yelling at us as if it proves that mcdaniels sucks?

Every draft has plenty of "wasted" picks that could have been used better. Every team has them. The Broncos have had more than their fair share over the last 10+ years, especially on defense.

I personally think that a lot of our previous drafting failures had more to do with poor development of our rookies than it had to do with them being bad picks. A team doesn't screw up that many defensive draft picks that badly without having some failure on the coaching level.

Hopefully the staff we have in place now will do a better job.

Hamrob
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I thought he was very well spoken. Anyone who thinks he's going to show is hand...is an idiot!

I think he has alot to learn still, but he's definitely a bright guy. I was surprised he said that the Colts would win a close game. That was probably better for him to have not commmented on. But, he'll learn that from experience.

Look, everyone on this board knows I've criticized McDaniels often. That being said, I think he can turn it around. He's a smart kid with some good support around him. We have a better schedule this coming year and with a good off season and good draft...we'll be in the playoffs next year.

If that happens, we'll all be happy with Josh...so, let's give the guy a chance. If we fail to make the playoffs next year...I don't think we'll have to be crying about a change happening...Bowlen will take care of that.

maher_tyler
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought he was very well spoken. Anyone who thinks he's going to show is hand...is an idiot!

I think he has alot to learn still, but he's definitely a bright guy. I was surprised he said that the Colts would win a close game. That was probably better for him to have not commmented on. But, he'll learn that from experience.

Look, everyone on this board knows I've criticized McDaniels often. That being said, I think he can turn it around. He's a smart kid with some good support around him. We have a better schedule this coming year and with a good off season and good draft...we'll be in the playoffs next year.

If that happens, we'll all be happy with Josh...so, let's give the guy a chance. If we fail to make the playoffs next year...I don't think we'll have to be crying about a change happening...Bowlen will take care of that.

What if we go something like 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs, do we fire him?? Firing a head coach after only 2 years would be a dumb move. Unless we go 1-15 or something i don't see McD getting fired anytime soon..even if we miss the playoffs again. How many seasons has Kubiac been down in Houston? how many seasons has he been to the playoffs?? Guess what..he's still the coach! You only think about bringing in someone else if you go 3+ years with no playoffs, show no improvement or get worse!

I don't understand all the hate for this guy.

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't understand all the hate for this guy.

Not Shanahan.
Traded frown cannon.
Went 2 - 8 down the stretch after 6 - 0 start.

Take your pick.

I support him and hope he is given time to build a team.

maher_tyler
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
You constantly cry about people crying. No difference. It really just doesn't even make sense.

You are just as responsible for threads being off topic as anyone you can name. I bet I can show more threads you are off topic in than you can show for me. You and the "positive, everyone else is ruining the board" crew are also the ones that constantly throw the insults and act like children. You are the ones that constantly respond to the people you complain about and then cry that they respond back again. I know you think that is adding a lot to the discussion but it really isn't.

Some are going to have bad takes. We don't hate you for it. I just like to give my take as well. No need to cry about it.

I would rather him cry about people crying about the team...the people that despise McD, high jacking every thread gets old. Every single thread in the end is the same as the one before. It's like the movie Groundhog Day!

It would be nice if the people who don't like the moves or whatever..could do it in a more constructive manner so we could actually talk football for an entire thread. It's called contructive criticism! Instead, all they do is bitch! :thumbsup:

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
would it be possible to discuss this stuff without idiots like mock and dragster ruining the discussion and bringing up completely irrelevant **** that is mostly false anyway?You need to start making your point without calling people names, you fag.
I start now, I won't call you a freakin' fag anymore. Deal? :thumbsup:

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:17 PM

It's amazing how much better the threads are without the few chronic whiners.Not everybody here is willing to suck McDaniels balls for destroying the Denver Broncos.
There really are fans that care about our team and are deeply concerned the direction McEgo is taking our team.
Keep believing in pregnant birds, my friend. :thumbs:

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Not everybody here is willing to suck McDaniels balls for destroying the Denver Broncos.
There really are fans that care about our team and are deeply concerned the direction McEgo is taking our team.
Keep believing in pregnant birds, my friend. :thumbs:
Turned them from an 8-8 team into an 8-8 team!

http://caedis.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/oh_noes.jpg

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
that one group does nothing even remotely close to stay on topic. you guys b**** in every single thread where people try to talk about actual events that are occuring right now. it turns into why mcd sucks and will eventually mess everything up instead of actual discussion.

Your homerism knows no boundaries. When people correct your stupid comments, you get offended and respond with name calling.
Guess what?
You'll get the same every single time.
You want to criticize, then don't act like a moron when people criticize McDaniels. We can't all agree with what he's done.
You think what McDaniels is doing and whatever he does is part of his master plan that is going to take the Broncos back to its glory days, some of us think that what he's doing is slinging crap on the wall to see what sticks

There are fans who actually don't have faith in McDaniels. You can't control that.
So why don't you just shut the hell up and quit your crying!

vancejohnson82
02-02-2010, 10:25 PM
You need to start making your point without calling people names, you fag.
I start now, I won't call you a freakin' fag anymore. Deal? :thumbsup:

a great example of the **** that overruns this board no football knowledge and a potty mouth....were you the one that suggested ankle weights for our team? or was that one of your ameba-brained friends?

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Turned them from an 8-8 team into an 8-8 team!

http://caedis.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/oh_noes.jpgIt's how he turned the team to an 8-8 what matters.
Starting 6-0 and going 2-8 is not the same as starting 2-8 and finishing 6-0, the latter would've gotten him more credibility and reason to be optimistic going into the 2010 season, don't you agree?

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
a great example of the **** that overruns this board no football knowledge and a potty mouth....were you the one that suggested ankle weights for our team? or was that one of your ameba-brained friends?I think you need to stay away from defending your amoeba-brained friends like tsiguy, and realize the guy is a d-bag who is constantly calling people names.
If you want to be treated with respect, then show some respect. You want to act like a d-bag, you get treated like a d-bag.

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 03:04 AM
It's how he turned the team to an 8-8 what matters.
Starting 6-0 and going 2-8 is not the same as starting 2-8 and finishing 6-0, the latter would've gotten him more credibility and reason to be optimistic going into the 2010 season, don't you agree?

is it worse than losing your last 3 games in the division, any of which would have made you the AFCW champ? or does the fact taht he coached this roster with new schemes on both sides of the ball to a 6-0 start not mean anything because the talent level was exposed?

not that logic or anyhting matters to you.

watermock
02-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Jesus Christ, we lost 2 game AT HOME to bottom feeders.

How's that logic for ya?

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Jesus Christ, we lost 2 game AT HOME to bottom feeders.

How's that logic for ya?

yea, we did last year too under your goddess cutler, you act like its something new.

watermock
02-03-2010, 03:26 AM
No we went on the road against a very good Carolina team.

The loss to Buffalo at home sealed it.

And yea, I'd take Cutler back for the crap we drafted in a heartbeat.

jhns
02-03-2010, 06:11 AM
yea, we did last year too under your goddess cutler, you act like its something new.

You do know that is what got Shanahan fired, right? So why do you guys constantly compare stuff to what Shanahan did? What is it that they say when you repeat the same mistakes over and over again? Crazy? Dumb?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 06:53 AM
True, but if you love the game it's not really a job.

But I guess not being home would suck.

The problem is having a job like that makes you love the game less. I was a sportswriter for a good long while, and eventually it became a job more than an enjoyment, and I started to dislike sports.

These scouts don't watch to enjoy the games. They watch to look at size and speed and so forth. Fine as a hobby, but you'd miss watching for enjoyment.

Drek
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
You do know that is what got Shanahan fired, right? So why do you guys constantly compare stuff to what Shanahan did? What is it that they say when you repeat the same mistakes over and over again? Crazy? Dumb?

And if McDaniels does it again he's probably going to get fired too.

To me McDaniels has to have the Broncos in the playoffs in 2010 or he's on his honor for 2011, where even a playoff showing doesn't guarantee the job for 2012. To do that he's got to accomplish three goals:

1. Reestablish home field advantage.
2. Build the lines on both sides of the ball.
3. produce a top 10 offense.

Those are the three key aspects he needs to produce. If he doesn't his ass is done here in short order.

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
No we went on the road against a very good Carolina team.

The loss to Buffalo at home sealed it.

And yea, I'd take Cutler back for the crap we drafted in a heartbeat.

....and don't forget the embarrassing loss to the Raiders and total beat-down by SD.

Face facts. Denver has been in the same pattern for years.....lose to teams it should beat and miss the playoffs.

If it could have been fixed in one year, don't you think Shanny would have done so??

strafen
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
is it worse than losing your last 3 games in the division, any of which would have made you the AFCW champ? or does the fact taht he coached this roster with new schemes on both sides of the ball to a 6-0 start not mean anything because the talent level was exposed?

not that logic or anyhting matters to you.When you start 6-0 you're supposed to make the play-offs.
This was a bigger collapse than the 2008 under Shanahan when we only needed one game and we would've been in.
We got beaten by the Raiders and the Chiefs at home to squander our chances of making the play-offs. We lost to two of the worst teams in the league.
And to make matters worse, we're heading into the 2010 season with a team worse than either one of the 2008 or 2009.
We lost Nolan, Denison, Turner, and as far as players we stand to potentially lose: Marshall, Dumervil, Hillis, Scheffler.
Oh, and Orton will be our QB. Now, tell me how that makes us better?
Don't worry, McDaniels is not quite done stripping this team yet...

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 09:25 AM
This message is hidden because dragster69won't stop whining like a little girl. and is on your ignore list.

That whining noise has diminished. :yayaya:

Hamrob
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
What if we go something like 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs, do we fire him?? Firing a head coach after only 2 years would be a dumb move. Unless we go 1-15 or something i don't see McD getting fired anytime soon..even if we miss the playoffs again. How many seasons has Kubiac been down in Houston? how many seasons has he been to the playoffs?? Guess what..he's still the coach! You only think about bringing in someone else if you go 3+ years with no playoffs, show no improvement or get worse!

I don't understand all the hate for this guy.I don't hate him, but were not the flippin Texans. How many superbowls have they been to? The Denver Broncos have been to 6! He's made some really ballsy moves, that's fine, he's the coach...but, he's also put his head on a platter. He either gets us there next year or Bowlen will show him the door!

Whether you guzzlers like it or not.

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
When you start 6-0 you're supposed to make the play-offs.
This was a bigger collapse than the 2008 under Shanahan when we only needed one game and we would've been in.
We got beaten by the Raiders and the Chiefs at home to squander our chances of making the play-offs. We lost to two of the worst teams in the league.
And to make matters worse, we're heading into the 2010 season with a team worse than either one of the 2008 or 2009.
We lost Nolan, Denison, Turner, and as far as players we stand to potentially lose: Marshall, Dumervil, Hillis, Scheffler.
Oh, and Orton will be our QB. Now, tell me how that makes us better?
Don't worry, McDaniels is not quite done stripping this team yet...

am i the only one who has just completely stopped read this guys posts? alot of these guys with 3 and 4 paragraph hatred posts, ijust flooooow on by

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
am i the only one who has just completely stopped read this guys posts? alot of these guys with 3 and 4 paragraph hatred posts, ijust flooooow on by

Thanks for quoting him, I nearly missed that one. :wiggle:

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for quoting him, I nearly missed that one. :wiggle:

hahaha, sorry. i dont have em on ignore, it is interesting to see what lengths (ie how many words they will write) to talk about how bad mcdaniels has destroyed this team.

strafen
02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
am i the only one who has just completely stopped read this guys posts? alot of these guys with 3 and 4 paragraph hatred posts, ijust flooooow on byWhy are you calling other guys to support your claims I'm being a hater?
It is what it is. What I said stands a good chance to become a reality.
You don't like, that's fine. I've got no control over that, but don't dispute what I'm saying as being false...

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Why are you calling other guys to support your claims I'm being a hater?
It is what it is. What I said stands a good chance to become a reality.
You don't like, that's fine. I've got no control over that, but don't dispute what I'm saying as being false...

so instead of talking about the 8-8 team in its first season with new systems on both sides of the ball, you talk about how bad we MIGHT be, what moves mcdaniels MIGHT screw up, how much the players MIGHT hate him, why he MIGHT be the worst coach ever etc etc. i totally understand now.

strafen
02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
hahaha, sorry. i dont have em on ignore, it is interesting to see what lengths (ie how many words they will write) to talk about how bad mcdaniels has destroyed this team.

You're the biggest idiot on this board hands down.
You can't accept the fact that what you see McDaniels do is not guarantee to work out the way he wants.
There's a reason why Nolan left, why Denison left, and more important Turner who I never saw leaving the Broncos.
You can throw all kind of smoke screens at the situation, the fact is coaches and some players don't want to play for the guy.
That's a concern. Of course you think is everybody's faults but McDaniles. You don't even want to admit there's a disturbing trend in the way McDaniels has managed his people and the ream overall...

strafen
02-03-2010, 05:25 PM
so instead of talking about the 8-8 team in its first season with new systems on both sides of the ball, you talk about how bad we MIGHT be, what moves mcdaniels MIGHT screw up, how much the players MIGHT hate him, why he MIGHT be the worst coach ever etc etc. i totally understand now.

So what do you make of losing 3 key coaches and potentially losing the best talent on the offense?
Will those events I cited make us a better team?
Please tell me how?

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 05:27 PM
So what do you make of losing 3 key coaches and potentially losing the best talent on the offense?
Will those events I cited make us a better team?
Please tell me how?

1 coach didnt fit the system, hte other coach was allowed to work with the same guy hes worked with for 15 years, the other coach has been DC for 7 other teams in his life for good reason, maybe its him thats hard to work with as a head coach?

POTENTIALLY losing the best talent on offense doesnt mean we will, so like i said you are back to hypotheticals to prove how bad this team is.

strafen
02-03-2010, 05:38 PM
1 coach didnt fit the system, hte other coach was allowed to work with the same guy hes worked with for 15 years, the other coach has been DC for 7 other teams in his life for good reason, maybe its him thats hard to work with as a head coach?

POTENTIALLY losing the best talent on offense doesnt mean we will, so like i said you are back to hypotheticals to prove how bad this team is.Those guys didn't want to coach for McDaniels, period.
No two ways about it, dude.
Get it!

So, how would that make us any better is still my question?

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Those guys didn't want to coach for McDaniels, period.
No two ways about it, dude.
Get it!

So, how would that make us any better is still my question?

so you ignore my entire statement and just revert to blanket statements for which all evidence proves you are wrong....gotcha.

Cito Pelon
02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
And if McDaniels does it again he's probably going to get fired too.

To me McDaniels has to have the Broncos in the playoffs in 2010 or he's on his honor for 2011, where even a playoff showing doesn't guarantee the job for 2012. To do that he's got to accomplish three goals:

1. Reestablish home field advantage.
2. Build the lines on both sides of the ball.
3. produce a top 10 offense.

Those are the three key aspects he needs to produce. If he doesn't his ass is done here in short order.

Dude has his work cut out for him, that's for sure. I really don't know how this is gonna turn out. There's no telling what's gonna happen from year to year in the NFL.

Peyton is supposedly the greatest NFL QB ever, but 2009 is only his second AFC Title. It takes a good all around team to get into the NFL's final two, and that's hard to make.

Reeves built good all around teams, Shanny built good all around teams for a few years, tried for 10 years after that to build that good all around team again after the glory years. Now it's McD's turn.

McD has had one year so far to build that good all around team, we'll see how it pans out.

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
so you ignore my entire statement and just revert to blanket statements for which all evidence proves you are wrong....gotcha.

Return the favor and ignore him. Just a thought. :D

strafen
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
so you ignore my entire statement and just revert to blanket statements for which all evidence proves you are wrong....gotcha.You are the one ignoring my statement.
How are we a better team now?
Is that a blank statement?
You just went blank, bud. You just don't have an answer, plain and simple

strafen
02-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Return the favor and ignore him. Just a thought. :D

What's taken you so long to put me on your ignore list?
I'll feel very privileged if you did that.

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
You are the one ignoring my statement.
How are we a better team now?
Is that a blank statement?
You just went blank, bud. You just don't have an answer, plain and simple

dragster69 ladies and gentleman :thanku:

his response to ignoring obvious facts of a situation, then being calld out on it: "well you ignored my post that ignored your post!! whaa!!!"

Rock Chalk
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM

his response to ignoring obvious facts of a situation, then being calld out on it: "well you ignored my post that ignored your post!! whaa!!!"

Dude shut the **** up. You complain complain complain about the ****ing guy but all you do is ****ing quote him.

If Taco ever cleans out the trash in this place I hope he **** cans your stupid ass as well.

strafen
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM

his response to ignoring obvious facts of a situation, then being calld out on it: "well you ignored my post that ignored your post!! whaa!!!"I think I'm the one presenting the facts here.
All you've done is refute those facts that everybody knows to be right.
You just can't stand anyone calling out McDaniels poor judgment calls from top to bottom ever since he took reigns on the team...

tsiguy96
02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I think I'm the one presenting the facts here.
All you've done is refute those facts that everybody knows to be right.
You just can't stand anyone calling out McDaniels poor judgment calls from top to bottom ever since he took reigns on the team...

thats it. thanks for the enlightening tale.

:giggle: