PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil said, Miami is a Possibility

Pony Boy
02-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Denver Broncos outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil wasn't thrilled to see defensive coordinator Mike Nolan leave for the Miami Dolphins.

Dolfans would love for them to reunite in South Florida.

"It's a possibility," Dumervil said, "but we'll see what happens in Denver."

Dumervil would be an unrestricted free agent if the owners and players hammer out a new collective bargaining agreement by March 5. But an uncapped season seems inevitable, and in that case, Dumervil would be a restricted free agent because he wouldn’t have the required number of accrued seasons.

Dumervil led the NFL with 17 sacks in his lone season under Nolan.

"It was great playing with him," Dumervil said. "I only got to play with him one year, but I had fun, I probably had one of my best years. I felt I was productive throughout my career before Nolan, but being able to move to linebacker enhanced my durability and allowed me to be more effective down the stretch."

I asked if other Pro Bowlers have been in his ear, lobbying to get him interested in joining their teams.

"That would be tampering," Dumervil said. "I can't snitch on nobody."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9987/afc-pro-bowl-observations

Killericon
02-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Dear god.

Man-Goblin
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't like the content of this article.

Don Flamenco
02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
let him go. He sucks anyway. McDaniels IS the Denver Broncos

oubronco
02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
McD will let him walk just watch

Rabb
this thread is going to make me add someone new to my ignore list, I can see it coming already

Garcia Bronco
He'll be a Bronco...good grief.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't like the content of this article.

Why? It's pretty straight forward. The reporter asked him if there was a chance he'd follow Nolan to Miami and Dumervil gave a pretty neutral answer.

Besides, he's a RFA. If we want to keep him, he ain't going anywhere.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
this thread is going to make me add someone new to my ignore list, I can see it coming already

I went on a preemptive strike here a couple weeks and put most of the idiots back on ignore again. ;D

SportinOne
02-01-2010, 08:41 AM
notice he didn't say, "I'm a Denver Bronco." He said, "We'll see what happens in Denver."

What a joke this franchise has become.

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 08:44 AM
If he's a free agent, every team is a possibility, that's not news. If there's no new CBA in place, the team has 4 means to keep him here, if there is, it still has 2. If they want to keep him, they can keep him, everybody be cool!

oubronco
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
It will be interesting to see what the mane will be like if McD lets Marshall, Doom, Scheffler, and Kuper go whether by trade or whatever

DenverBrit
"It's a possibility," Dumervil said,

Ok, time to panic. Miami is a 'possibility'......along with 31 other teams.

Cool Breeze
I asked if other Pro Bowlers have been in his ear, lobbying to get him interested in joining their teams.

A simple no would suffice here - if it were the case.

cousinal11
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I am so sick of this ****!

Taco John
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM

So basically "Yes, of course, but I aint naming names."

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
It will be interesting to see what the mane will be like if McD lets Marshall, Doom, Scheffler, and Kuper go whether by trade or whatever

It'll be World War III up in this piece!

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Lol, I'm sure Dawkins and Champ are in everybody's ear to come to Denver too.

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM

Exactly. Goes on every year at every pro-bowl.

FA's are fair game when they get together with other players.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
notice he didn't say, "I'm a Denver Bronco." He said, "We'll see what happens in Denver."

Oh Christ. ::)

DarkHorse
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
So do we have a list of OMane members that are currently on suicide watch yet?

oubronco
02-01-2010, 08:59 AM

:~ohyah!:

Pony Boy
02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
"It's a possibility," Dumervil said,

Ok, time to panic. Miami is a 'possibility'......along with 31 other teams.

Yes, but Nolan isn't coaching the other teams.... and we know there was some tampering already by Miami with Nolan, so why would they not tamper with Dumervil.....

SoCalBronco
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure why people are having a problem with this piece. It is a possibility. He SHOULD go where he gets the best offer. This is a business and his job is to maximize his earnings. It would be irrational to let emotions to get involved. Emotions don't pay bills and don't construct homes.

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, but Nolan isn't coaching the other teams.... and we know there was some tampering already by Miami with Nolan, so why would they not tamper with Dumervil.....

Because Denver wants to keep Doom but were ok letting Nolan walk?

HEAV
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
1. There won't be a new CBA

2. Dumervil will be RFA

3. If he ends up anywhere else, other than Denver, his new team will give up Draft Picks.

4. He's a TEAM player and that's what McDaniels wants in a player.

5. He'll be in Denver in 2010.

6. 2011 will be a lockout (so enjoy the 2010 season)

7. The Pro-Bowl always has been a place where players and coaches network with pending free agents.

Pick Six
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM

Ummm...Welcome to the era of free agency. It happens with every team...

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
6. 2011 will be a lockout (so enjoy the 2010 season)

If this happens, the NFL will lose me forever as a paying customer.

TheDave
02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
My only concern is that they will sign him to a high tender RFA contract, and someone will sign him to an offer sheet that pays him $50 million extra if he plays 3 games or more a year in Denver.

I'm afraid the "poison pill" contract will be back in full swing this season.

gtown
02-01-2010, 09:21 AM

As long as we get near fair value for those guys, it won't be the total end of the world. But if Bowlen, McD et al just leave these guys on the curb for virtually nothing, then it's time for Bowlen to sell the team to an owner willing to pony up the cash. I don't want the Broncos to be a Raiders/Lions-like trainwreck, nor do I want Bowlen to become like the Monforts, serving as a farm team for a richer franchise despite the Rockies' recent success.

I just want to hear some news on whether or not we are even negotiating with our FAs, despite the capped/uncapped year uncertainty.

Popps
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Doom isn't going anywhere.

He's probably pissed about being an RFA, but that's what this labor thing is going to do... piss a lot of people off, including the fans.

jhat01
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM

It would suck. The 94 season was like a lockout for me, with boot camp, SOI etc...I didn't watch a single snap that year. To this day, I have no idea what went down Ha!

go_broncos
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
POOPS: Dumervil sucks..I trust Mcd.

bpc
02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Losing Dumervil would just be a continuation of McDaniels kicking his can down an alley for ****s and giggles.

We need to lock up #92 now. No questions asked.

HEAV
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM

It will be a huge test of the NFL power. Baseball took a hit with it's labor stopage.

NHL suffered from it's lockout back in 04, that lockout made the CFL grow in popularity.

Would a NFL lockout help the NBA,MLB and NHL? MLB would be in the playoffs, while the NBA and NHL just started to play their respective seasons. So Baseball could grow with a NFL lockout, basically gaining a fanbase they lost years ago.

Under the current economy the NFL would be insane to lockout and not have a season, but 2011 could be better for economy. But if it's worse or stays current...

NFL will have one bullet in the chamber, spin the chamber, close it and cross their fingers.

Taco John
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
That's going to be one hell of a long offseason if that happens.

I've got a little more optimism that it won't than Heav, but for the most part, I agreed with nearly that whole post.

sixtimeseight
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Yea, my ignore list.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Seriously, HE DOESNT CONTROL HIS OWN DESTINY.

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
A lockout would be good for the fans. Cheaper gate, cheaper concessions, cheaper merchandise.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Why? It's pretty straight forward. The reporter asked him if there was a chance he'd follow Nolan to Miami and Dumervil gave a pretty neutral answer.

Besides, he's a RFA. If we want to keep him, he ain't going anywhere.

if you treat him as a RFA wave good bye.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
A lockout would be good for the fans. Cheaper gate, cheaper concessions, cheaper merchandise.

very true:thumbs:

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
My only concern is that they will sign him to a high tender RFA contract, and someone will sign him to an offer sheet that pays him $50 million extra if he plays 3 games or more a year in Denver.

I'm afraid the "poison pill" contract will be back in full swing this season.

That **** doesn't pass mustard anymore and the league voids the deal after the Steve Hutchinson mess.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Losing Dumervil would just be a continuation of McDaniels kicking his can down an alley for ****s and giggles.

We need to lock up #92 now. No questions asked.

he should be a long term contract .

IMO all our RFA's should be long term .

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Someone forgot to tell the Red Sox and Bruins ownerships back in the day.

TheDave
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
That **** doesn't pass mustard anymore and the league voids the deal after the Steve Hutchinson mess.

Actually it happened the very next year with nate burleson...

Paladin
02-01-2010, 10:04 AM

and a cooling period........

DomCasual
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM

Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left.

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I think its 50/50 on Doom staying because pass rushers are a premium and get premium money. I think Denver has a max number but, I think it won't be enough to keep him. We'll see alot can happen no need to panic yet. I want to keep Doom and BM myself but, I'm not going to meltdown if they do not return. This team is a long ways from a legit team. I don't think Pat will go crazy with big contracts right now.

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Well...you are talking about Bostonians. :P

oubronco
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
If they get rid of Doom I want Peppers to take his place

DomCasual
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that meant to be more of a sin tax?

Your skull is just too thick to get it.

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Just plug Ayers in.

He showed he can handle the job...

UberBroncoMan
02-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Why would anyone be surprised about this?

Yeah Nolan is in Miami. Yeah he'd have Joey Porter/Talyor at OLB with him.

But most importantly... HE GREW UP IN MIAMI... HIS FAMILY LIVES THERE.

That's why there's such a big chance he ends up there. I'd wager he'd take less $ to play in Miami over Denver for that reason alone.

Durango
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Why would anyone be surprised about this?

Yeah Nolan is in Miami. Yeah he'd have Joey Porter/Talyor at OLB with him.

But most importantly... HE GREW UP IN MIAMI... HIS FAMILY LIVES THERE.

That's why there's such a big chance he ends up there. I'd wager he'd take less $ to play in Miami over Denver for that reason alone.

That wouldn't be an option even if Elvis would take less money because the Broncos can match any offer tendered by Miami. If they offered less, it would be easier for Denver to match. In addition, I believe Miami would have to cough up draft choices (depending on the tender set by the Broncos), so over-all, the RFA works against Dumervil this year. Next year, with the lock-out possibility, UFA and who knows what kind of salary structure, it's much more a distinct possibility.

Meck77
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM

The only joke I see is people freaking out over something every team is dealing with every season. It's called Free agency.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I think its 50/50 on Doom staying because pass rushers are a premium and get premium money. I think Denver has a max number but, I think it won't be enough to keep him. We'll see alot can happen no need to panic yet. I want to keep Doom and BM myself but, I'm not going to meltdown if they do not return. This team is a long ways from a legit team. I don't think Pat will go crazy with big contracts right now.

this is my thoughts I will not melt down but I do hope we try and keep all young talent . this talk of trade before sitting down is silly.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 11:01 AM
there are 2 scenarios that will play out with Doom.

1) we give him a new deal immediately and no one gets a shot at the guy.

2) he checks out FA and meets a few teams, and then Denver matches the deal he is offered elsewhere.

he isn't going anywhere.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 11:05 AM
That wouldn't be an option even if Elvis would take less money because the Broncos can match any offer tendered by Miami. If they offered less, it would be easier for Denver to match. In addition, I believe Miami would have to cough up draft choices (depending on the tender set by the Broncos), so over-all, the RFA works against Dumervil this year. Next year, with the lock-out possibility, UFA and who knows what kind of salary structure, it's much more a distinct possibility.

Miami if we offer a tenure will snatch up Dville . and that would be stupid of us . We need to go long term on some of our young players.

and a Player that had 18 sacks might be a good player to build around .crap when did Bronco fans start sounding like the Bengals owners.

Requiem
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd like to see Dumervil stay. He is a team player and has accomplished a lot during his career with the Broncos. I also think it'd be great to have another one of those "undersized" sackmasters take the helm of the Broncos all-time lead. Dumervil has an amazing wing span, great first step and plays with a tough mentality. I was glad when Shanahan drafted him all those years ago.

In four years with the Broncos, Dumervil has had 129 tackles, 43 of them sacks and ten forced fumbles. Those are astonishing numbers, perhaps the best of any defensive player we've drafted over the past decade.

If he goes, I'll be a little sad -- but I understand the NFL is a business. Thankfully, this draft is loaded with OLB prospects, so if he does go -- we should have a decent shot at replacing him. I'd rather keep him the more I think about it. He proved he can work in a 3-4 and is a team-first kind of guy.

Stay, Elvis.

Rohirrim
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I would be major league bummed if Doom left.

Popps
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Doom just answered a question like any free agent would answer the question. He's no dummy. He's kept his mouth shut, and now it's contract time... and no one can blame him for wanting to be taken care of.

He's done things exactly the opposite of Brandy Marshall, which is why I think we should have extended him already. BUT, this CBA situation is just ****ing up the whole thing. Teams/players/agents just don't know what to expect, so everyone is just frozen.

strafen
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Where are the Duvermil sucks comments at?
Is it time for the McDaniels followers to throw yet another great player under the bus?

Like some morons here say, everybody is replaceable, right?

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Where are the Duvermil sucks comments at?
Is it time for the McDaniels followers to throw yet another great player under the bus?

Keep fishing.

I know at this point it has gotten a bit old saying it, but I'll do it one more time.....you're wrong. Shocker, I know.

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on with McD, it has become clear to everyone but you apparently that all agree on this: Dumervil (not Duvermil) is awesome and extending him should be the team's #1 offseason priority.

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Doom just answered a question like any free agent would answer the question. He's no dummy. He's kept his mouth shut, and now it's contract time... and no one can blame him for wanting to be taken care of.

He's done things exactly the opposite of Brandy Marshall, which is why I think we should have extended him already. BUT, this CBA situation is just ****ing up the whole thing. Teams/players/agents just don't know what to expect, so everyone is just frozen.

This.

Man-Goblin
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM

The Broncos aren't playing it poorly, either. I wouldn't be surprised if it plays out in a similar way to the Terrell Suggs negotiations last year (with a very similar deal as the outcome). Talks could linger on, and the Broncos hands might be forced in that they may have to match a deal. But in the end I think (and hope) Doom will be a Bronco.

strafen
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
The list of people gone from the Broncos organization, and the list of potential players to most likely be gone by the start of the 2010 season. All under McDaniels' short tenure.
Take a look...

Jay Cutler
Brett Kern
Mike Leach
Brandon Marshall
Peyton Hillis
Tony Scheffler
Elvis Dumervil
Rick Denison
Bobby Turner
Mike Nolan
The Goodmans

strafen
02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Keep fishing.

I know at this point it has gotten a bit old saying it, but I'll do it one more time.....you're wrong. Shocker, I know.

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on with McD, it has become clear to everyone but you apparently that all agree on this: Dumervil (not Duvermil) is awesome and extending him should be the team's #1 offseason priority.Am I wrong?
Everybody from Nolan to Marshall, to Cutler, to Denison has been thrown under the bus by you idiots.
Tell me why would it be duifferent with Dumervil, moron?!

And yeah, I know he's an awesome player just like Marshall is, just like Nolan is an awesome coach, Turner and Denison

SonOfLe-loLang
02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
The list of people gone from the Broncos organization, and the list of potential players to most likely be gone by the start of the 2010 season. All under McDaniels' short tenure.
Take a look...

Jay Cutler
Brett Kern
Mike Leach
Brandon Marshall
Peyton Hillis
Tony Scheffler
Elvis Dumervil
Rick Denison
Bobby Turner
Mike Nolan
The Goodmans

how did elvis make this list of probably being gone?

1) Cutler had a much worse year than our QB
2) Kern...really?
3) Leach...did Paxton somehow **** up?
4) Hillis, the most overrated player on this board
5) We can live without him
6) Dennison/Turner...worthless with our strategy shift
7) Nolan, we'll see
8) who cares about the goodmans?

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Take a look...

Jay Cutler
Brett Kern
Mike Leach
Brandon Marshall
Peyton Hillis
Tony Scheffler
Elvis Dumervil
Rick Denison
Bobby Turner
Mike Nolan
The Goodmans

Now run along and compose a list of draft busts, FA miscues, coaches fired and players cut from Shanny's days.

Take your time, the list is massive and sometimes embarrassing!

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Am I wrong?

I couldn't have been more clear here.

Everybody from Nolan to Marshall, to Cutler, to Denison has been thrown under the bus by you idiots.

Thrown under the bus? How? Because people are pointing out their flaws?

Sorry, but people were pointing out the same flaws in Nolan (letting up at end of games, read and react system, lack of blitzing, etc), Marshall (where to start), Cutler (turnovers, attitude, etc), Dennison (criticism goes back to his special teams coaching days) long before these guys were let go. Don't try to pretend that we loved all these guys unconditionally when they were here and then turned on them after they left.

Tell me why would it be duifferent with Dumervil, moron?!

1. Dumervil has handled his situation with nothing but class. He's done everything the right way both on and off the field. He's quite simply an impact player and model citizen.

2. You can always tell the loser of an argument by who has nothing substantive to say and who goes to the name-calling card first.

Mr.Meanie
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Take a look...

Jay Cutler
Brett Kern
Mike Leach
Brandon Marshall
Peyton Hillis
Tony Scheffler
Elvis Dumervil
Rick Denison
Bobby Turner
Mike Nolan
The Goodmans

Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler, and Doom are all still on the team. And Nolan was brought here by McD.

Since you mention it, here's a fuller list of who is else is not on the team anymore under McD's "short tenure":

Hamza Abdullah
Boss Bailey
Josh Bell
Tatum Bell
Dre' Bly
Cory Boyd
Keary Colbert
Tim Crowder
Ebenezer Ekuban
John Engelberger
Vernon Fox
Louis Green
Andre Hall
Chad Jackson
Darrell Jackson
Nate Jackson
Herana-Daze Jones
Niko Koutouvides
Kory Lichtensteiger
Calvin Lowry
Marquand Manuel
Glenn Martinez
Marlon McCree
Chad Mustard
Karl Paymah
Michael Pittman
P.J. Pope
Jeb Putzier
Patrick Ramsey
Dewayne Robertson
Roderick Rogers
Cliff Russell
Josh Shaw
Ryan Torain
Nate Webster
Jack Williams
Jamie Winborn
Selvin Young

ElwayMD
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler, and Doom are all still on the team. And Nolan was brought here by McD.

Since you mention it, here's a fuller list of who is else is not on the team anymore under McD's "short tenure":

Hamza Abdullah
Boss Bailey
Josh Bell
Tatum Bell
Dre' Bly
Cory Boyd
Keary Colbert
Tim Crowder
Ebenezer Ekuban
John Engelberger
Vernon Fox
Louis Green
Andre Hall
Chad Jackson
Darrell Jackson
Nate Jackson
Herana-Daze Jones
Niko Koutouvides
Kory Lichtensteiger
Calvin Lowry
Marquand Manuel
Glenn Martinez
Marlon McCree
Chad Mustard
Karl Paymah
Michael Pittman
P.J. Pope
Jeb Putzier
Patrick Ramsey
Dewayne Robertson
Roderick Rogers
Cliff Russell
Josh Shaw
Ryan Torain
Nate Webster
Jack Williams
Jamie Winborn
Selvin Young

And I'm still upset about it...we needed the 2 1/2 sacks that Engelberger would provide! :rofl:

strafen
02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Now run along and compose a list of draft busts, FA miscues, coaches fired and players cut from Shanny's days.

Take your time, the list is massive and sometimes embarrassing!
Let's concentrate on the current administration
Whatever Shanahan did or did not do does not excuse McDaniels fack-ups so far, does it?
Why should we give Mcdaniels a pass for his stupidity just because Shanny did it too?
Is that stupid or what?

Let me tell you the shorter list of busts and potential busts in Mcdaniels tenure.
Keep adoring McD all you want, facts are facts...

Robert Ayers (not fit for our team)
Knowshonn Moreno (stunk up the joint)
Richard Quinn (Quinn who?)
Alphonso Smith (Hilarious!)

Yeah, make excuses. We squandered two 3rd round picks to move up to get Richard Quinn ;)
Should I remind you we've had two-first round picks we could've used on our defense?
Do you remember Cushing, Orakpo, Mathews, etc...?

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I bet the Miami media have been asking every single player if they would come to Miami, what a nonstory.

strafen
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I couldn't have been more clear here.

Thrown under the bus? How? Because people are pointing out their flaws?

Sorry, but people were pointing out the same flaws in Nolan (letting up at end of games, read and react system, lack of blitzing, etc), Marshall (where to start), Cutler (turnovers, attitude, etc), Dennison (criticism goes back to his special teams coaching days) long before these guys were let go. Don't try to pretend that we loved all these guys unconditionally when they were here and then turned on them after they left.

1. Dumervil has handled his situation with nothing but class. He's done everything the right way both on and off the field. He's quite simply an impact player and model citizen.

2. You can always tell the loser of an argument by who has nothing substantive to say and who goes to the name-calling card first.

I can tell a loser when I notice his posting patterns are the same as Poops. Be your own person, be yourself, don't try to sound like another Poops here...

cutthemdown
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure Doom worth as much as you all think he is. He's a great pass rusher, and that's it really. Not great against the run, not good in space trying to cover.

I want him to stay but I think it will be hard if teams are lining up to offer him a huge deal. We should tender him high though so if he leaves we get a 1st and 3rd. Do the same with Marshall and see what happens.

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Whatever Shanahan did or did not do does not excuse McDaniels fack-ups so far, does it?
Why should we give Mcdaniels a pass for his stupidity just because Shanny did it too?
Is that stupid or what?

Let me tell you the shorter list of busts and potential busts in Mcdaniels tenure.

Yeah, make excuses. We squandered two 3rd round picks to move up to get Richard Quinn ;)
Should I remind you we've had two-first round picks we could've used on our defense?

It puts it all in perspective, so go ahead and list Shanny's screw ups as well.

Or are you just a one trick pony who also thinks he can judge a draft in its first year??

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Facts are facts?

How can you tell after one season whether a guy is a good fit for our team? Amazing.

And Moreno "stunk up the joint"? Yup. He was only the leading rookie RB in the entire league, but whatever.

Quinn and Smith? I hated the picks at the time and we haven't really seen anything out of Quinn besides some special teams work, but despite all that, I'm still of the belief that you can't judge anyone after just one season.

BigPlayShay
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9824

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- After finishing up the second day of Pro Bowl practice, Elvis Dumervil headed back to his hotel room for a little rest and relaxation.

His phone rang. It was Head Coach Josh McDaniels, and he let the outside linebacker/defensive end know that his position coach from last season, Don Martindale, had been named the team's new defensive coordinator. In other words, as Dumervil said, "it was good news."

After spending the 2009 season learning a new position under "Wink" Martindale, Dumervil came away with a respect for the coach's intelligence and work ethic. He also knows how to get the best out of his players -- after all, Dumervil became the first league sack champion in Broncos history with 17 sacks on the way to a Pro Bowl under Martindale's tutelage.

"I think we're going to be sound," Dumervil said. "I think he's a smart coach and I think he's going to create a lot of problems for opponents. I think he knows how to mix it up well. With his background of working with different guys that have been successful in this league, I'm excited. I think it's going to be a great deal for us, and I'm looking forward to working with him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy now?

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I can tell a loser when I notice his posting patterns are the same as Poops. Be your own person, be yourself, don't try to sound like another Poops here...

Once again, avoiding the actual discussion because you've been called out.

If well written responses that actually address prior posts and cite them accurately equals "sounding like Popps", then so be it.

strafen
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
It puts it all in perspective, so go ahead and list Shanny's screw ups as well.

Or are you just a one trick pony who also thinks he can judge a draft in its first year??Again, I'm not defending Shanahan, and I recognize a lot of his mistakes, but aside from a lousy defense in 2008 under Shanahan, that team was a lot better than what we have now going into 2010.
McDaniels has made our Broncos a worse team than we were.
If you think that potentially losing players like Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall, Dumervil and coaches like Nolan, Turner and Denison will make us better, then I feel sorry for you

strafen
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Once again, avoiding the actual discussion because you've been called out.

If well written responses that actually address prior posts and cite them accurately equals "sounding like Popps", then so be it.Turning the tables, huh?
What is it that we're discussing, poops jr.?
We're discussing how McDaniels has destroyed the Broncos, NOT what Shanahan did in the past makes it ok for McDaniles to scew up too

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
This thread lacks Doom for Quinn possibility WTF :)

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
This thread lacks Doom for Quinn possibility WTF :)

Threeway trade!

Dumervil to Miami, Miami sends a 1st, 3rd to Cleveland who send Josh Cribbs and Brady Quinn to Denver.

Someone had to do it!

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Again, I'm not defending Shanahan, and I recognize a lot of his mistakes, but aside from a lousy defense in 2008 under Shanahan, that team was a lot better than what we have now going into 2010.
McDaniels has made our Broncos a worse team than we were.
If you think that potentially losing players like Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall, Dumervil and coaches like Nolan, Turner and Denison will make us better, then I feel sorry for you

Is that when you became a fan and first watched the Broncos??

You think 2008 was the problem?

As for losing:
Hillis (so what? He'll be back if he has anything.)
Scheffler? (a decent backup who misses his BF)
Marshall? (the rot started before McPoopyPants arrived and he's still a Bronco)
Dumervil (now you're just making sh*t up again, show me where the Broncos have decided to pass)
Nolan? Turner? Denison? (If they don't want to be Broncos coaches because of scheme changes or philosophical differences? I wish them well)

You need to grow up and stop whining about the things that float around in your head. Your hatred for McD is childish, repetitive and whiney!.
If you're a Broncos fan, then hope for the best and stop anticipating the worst every day.
If you want McD gone, then the Broncos must fail the next couple of years.

Is that what YOU want? Fail??

Most of US want 'WIN!!

jhat01
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Is that stupid or what?

Knowshonn Moreno (stunk up the joint)Richard Quinn (Quinn who?)

If you would leave dumb **** like this out of your posts you might make sense.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Take a look...

Jay Cutler
Brett Kern
Mike Leach
Brandon Marshall
Peyton Hillis
Tony Scheffler
Elvis Dumervil
Rick Denison
Bobby Turner
Mike Nolan
The Goodmans

Jay Cutler, we all had orange and blue goggles on the guy when he was here, now that he is gone most see him for what he was.......overrated

Kern, give me a break on that. kickers and punters are swapped out all year long

Leach, i don't recall Paxton ****ting the bed in his place

Marshall, he don't want to play here, let him go and get something for him

Hillis, i like the guy but he is hugely oiverrated by many on this board

Scheff, it isn't like the guy went from putting up 75 catches a year under Shanahan to being an afterthought under McDaniels. he has always been somewhat overlooked, and would probably welcome a chance to end up in a city that actually uses the TE as a receiver.

Dennison, got a promotion and gets to work with a friend. Damn McDaniels for allowing a guy to move up in the coaching ranks, what a jerk move on his part. some people are so stupid blaming McDaniels for all this little ****

Turner, got a promotion and gets to again work with a guy he put in 14 years of work with. Same deal as Dennison

Mike Nolan, their personalities clashed and rather than drag that out on the field or cause a bunch of **** with the franchise they peacefully parted ways.

players and coaches move on from every organization every single year. in fact on average, every team experiences in the range of 40% of a roster change every season. meaning every team in the league is bringing in and replacing on average 20-25 players every season.

why is it so difficult for so many here to realize McDaniels is doing his job and working to put the best team on the field with the best players who want to play in Denver?

all that is ever written is that he is tearing apart Shanahan's team, he is causing coaches to quit, he is getting rid of Shanahan's players.

how about thinking this way, getting rid of the garbage team Shanahan left behind, and if that team was so great as so many clain it to be, Shanahan would never have been fired in the 1st place. he is allowing coaches to move on and get promoted.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Hamza Abdullah
Boss Bailey
Josh Bell
Tatum Bell
Dre' Bly
Cory Boyd
Keary Colbert
Tim Crowder
Ebenezer Ekuban
John Engelberger
Vernon Fox
Louis Green
Andre Hall
Chad Jackson
Darrell Jackson
Nate Jackson
Herana-Daze Jones
Niko Koutouvides
Kory Lichtensteiger
Calvin Lowry
Marquand Manuel
Glenn Martinez
Marlon McCree
Chad Mustard
Karl Paymah
Michael Pittman
P.J. Pope
Jeb Putzier
Patrick Ramsey
Dewayne Robertson
Roderick Rogers
Cliff Russell
Josh Shaw
Ryan Torain
Nate Webster
Jack Williams
Jamie Winborn
Selvin Young

damn that list is depressing.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Jay Cutler, we all had orange and blue goggles on the guy when he was here, now that he is gone most see him for what he was.......overrated

Kern, give me a break on that. kickers and punters are swapped out all year long

Scheff, it isn't like the guy went from putting up 75 catches a year under Shanahan to being an afterthought under McDaniels. he has always been somewhat overlooked, and would probably welcome a chance to end up in a city that actually uses the TE as a receiver.

Dennison, got a promotion and gets to work with a friend. Damn McDaniels for allowing a guy to move up in the coaching ranks, what a jerk move on his part. some people are so stupid blaming McDaniels for all this little ****

Turner, got a promotion and gets to again work with a guy he put in 14 years of work with. Same deal as Dennison

Mike Nolan, their personalities clashed and rather than drag that out on the field or cause a bunch of **** with the franchise they peacefully parted ways.

players and coaches move on from every organization every single year. in fact on average, every team experiences in the range of 40% of a roster change every season. meaning every team in the league is bringing in and replacing on average 20-25 players every season.

why is it so difficult for so many here to realize McDaniels is doing his job and working to put the best team on the field with the best players who want to play in Denver?

all that is ever written is that he is tearing apart Shanahan's team, he is causing coaches to quit, he is getting rid of Shanahan's players.

how about thinking this way, getting rid of the garbage team Shanahan left behind, and if that team was so great as so many clain it to be, Shanahan would never have been fired in the 1st place. he is allowing coaches to move on and get promoted.

Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 31, 2010 8:25 PM ET

Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

Whether Marshall totally means what he says or not is irrelevant. His fate is up to the Broncos.

It seems like Marshall has learned that popping off to the press will do him no good, so he's either going to stay mum or kill them with kindness. Heck, maybe he is maturing. (Probably not, but he could create a little sympathy among the Denver faithful.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eer-in-denver/

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Yeah, make excuses. We squandered two 3rd round picks to move up to get Richard Quinn

so these guys are busts after 1 season in the league? funny but all you McDaniels bashers and Shanahan nut swingers would wait at least 2-3 seasons before labeling his ****ty draft picks as busts

Did Ayers, Quinn and Smith all struggle and not make as immediate an impact as would have been wanted?.....Sure, no argument there. but you also need to realize. they weren't drafted to make an impact last season, they were drafted to make impact in future seasons. those guys were drafted in the potential possibility that guys like Doom, Champ, and Graham were either released or moved on to new teams. they were brought in to learn and take over if necessary.

but to say the rookie classes best RB is a bust is plain retarded. also considering the fact he was closing in on 1000 rushing yards the way our interior line performed this season is nothing short of miraculous.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 31, 2010 8:25 PM ET

Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

Whether Marshall totally means what he says or not is irrelevant. His fate is up to the Broncos.

It seems like Marshall has learned that popping off to the press will do him no good, so he's either going to stay mum or kill them with kindness. Heck, maybe he is maturing. (Probably not, but he could create a little sympathy among the Denver faithful.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eer-in-denver/

if he truly felt that way, he would have pushed to play our season finale when technically the playoffs were still on the line. he just wants money and doesn't give a **** where it comes from. in fact i would wager that if Denver offered him a good deal and another team offered the exact same deal, he would be on the 1st plane out of Denver.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
McShay said today that with your first and second round picks you want starters and instant impact players

briane
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
ugh....that makes me ill.....

oubronco
02-01-2010, 01:53 PM
if he truly felt that way, he would have pushed to play our season finale when technically the playoffs were still on the line. he just wants money and doesn't give a **** where it comes from. in fact i would wager that if Denver offered him a good deal and another team offered the exact same deal, he would be on the 1st plane out of Denver.

Dude he was injured

TDmvp
02-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Yea Shanny's teams was such garbage that we won the 5th most games of any team in the last 10 years... Such trash.

Broncos fans = most are spoiled know littles...

Because as someone living in a city where we know what $hitting football looks like , I think anyone who disses what shanny did here even over the last decade without JOHN are dense.

Every year at least the Broncos have/had a chance to win it all ... Where in 27 other cities you knew in the preseason or by week 4 the season was over.

I think a lot of people years from now in Denver will maybe realize how good they had it for Shanny years and if they don't it proves what I hear about your town ... Great city , stupid people ....

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Yea Shanny's teams was such garbage that we won the 5th most games of any team in the last 10 years... Such trash.

Because as someone living in a city where we know what $hitting football looks like , I think anyone who disses what shanny did here even over the last decade without JOHN are dense.

Every year at least the Broncos have/had a chance to win it all ... Where in 27 other cities you knew in the preseason or by week 4 the season was over.

I think a lot of people years from now in Denver will maybe realize how good they had it for Shanny years and if they don't it proves what I hear about your town ... Great city , stupid people ....

what did Shanahan do that was so special? 4 trips to the playoffs in 10 years, 1 playoff win in 10 years. who gives a rats fuzzy ass if the team wins a lot of REGULAR SEASON games if they can't win a game in the playoffs?

every year the Broncos had a chance to win it all. give me a break not even the biggest homers believe that. we all knew, we weren't going to win a damn thing with Griese. we all knew under Cutler that the team stood no chance until the running game and Defense were fixed, under Plummer was out best shot and instead of building on a 13-3 Championship game team, Shanahan tore it down.

i think years from now, people are going to look back on Shanahan and thank him for the super bowls in the 90s, but wonder why the hell it took Bowlen a decade of mediocrity to finally pull the trigger on a coaching change.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Dude he was injured

give me a break. he was the only one saying he was hurt. and that is just convenient to him. why keep up playing for a team you no longer wish to play for when you have already gotten your pro bowl nod, and have finished the season with good stats and have already decided you want out. he didn't want to risk injury with FA coming up.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
give me a break. he was the only one saying he was hurt. and that is just convenient to him. why keep up playing for a team you no longer wish to play for when you have already gotten your pro bowl nod, and have finished the season with good stats and have already decided you want out. he didn't want to risk injury with FA coming up.

if you watch the games you would've seen he tweaked it in the Philly game and still finished the game and then reinjured it in practice. And I don't blame him for not trusting the same doctors that said there was nothing wrong with his hip in 08'

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
if you watch the games you would've seen he tweaked it in the Philly game and still finished the game and then reinjured it in practice. And I don't blame him for not trusting the same doctors that said there was nothing wrong with his hip in 08'

it comes down to how much you care for your team, and he didn't care enough to go out with the playoffs in the line.

look at Rod Smith in 2001. Eddie was injured, TD was out, Sharpe was in Baltimore. he was all that was left, and he played the majority of the season with 2 severe high ankle sprains, because he gave it all for his team. he knew he was needed to even give his team a shot and went as hard as he could all year, in a year when playoffs weren't happening

Marshall was out for number 1, he didn't care about the team.

TDmvp
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Broncoman4ever is only 24 so never mind LOL ... You should have to be 30 before you are allowed to think ... Hell you was 14 when the decade we are talking about started so like you have a clue. Hell do you even remember Elway ?
I bet you became a fan in like what 98 99 ??? ... I'm not even that much older than you but really there is no way someone your age can remember enough of the last 15 years to have a dog in the fight....

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure Doom worth as much as you all think he is. He's a great pass rusher, and that's it really. Not great against the run, not good in space trying to cover.

I want him to stay but I think it will be hard if teams are lining up to offer him a huge deal. We should tender him high though so if he leaves we get a 1st and 3rd. Do the same with Marshall and see what happens.

with Doom if he is tendered high, which he probably will be. if a deal isn't reached with us, it is guaranteed we get a 1st and 3rd for him. his character combined with on field ability will get multiple teams trying to get him.

bowtown
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM

You can also tell by whether his name starts with Dragster and ends with 69.

montrose
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
with Doom if he is tendered high, which he probably will be. if a deal isn't reached with us, it is guaranteed we get a 1st and 3rd for him. his character combined with on field ability will get multiple teams trying to get him.

In a normal year I'd think so but with the CBA uncertainity, I'm interested to see if any teams would be willing to part with those picks and pay that kind of money if there's no football in 2011.

Cito Pelon
02-01-2010, 02:34 PM

Hamza Abdullah
Boss Bailey
Josh Bell
Tatum Bell
Dre' Bly
Cory Boyd
Keary Colbert
Tim Crowder
Ebenezer Ekuban
John Engelberger
Vernon Fox
Louis Green
Andre Hall
Chad Jackson
Darrell Jackson
Nate Jackson
Herana-Daze Jones
Niko Koutouvides
Kory Lichtensteiger
Calvin Lowry
Marquand Manuel
Glenn Martinez
Marlon McCree
Chad Mustard
Karl Paymah
Michael Pittman
P.J. Pope
Jeb Putzier
Patrick Ramsey
Dewayne Robertson
Roderick Rogers
Cliff Russell
Josh Shaw
Ryan Torain
Nate Webster
Jack Williams
Jamie Winborn
Selvin Young

Ryan Torain. Remember the meltdown when Torain was cut?

I bet the same bunch that thought cutting Torain was a sure sign every good player would be cut are the same that have it in ink that Elvis is good as gone.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Broncoman4ever is only 24 so never mind LOL ... You should have to be 30 before you are allowed to think ... Hell you was 14 when the decade we are talking about started so like you have a clue. Hell do you even remember Elway ?
I bet you became a fan in like what 98 99 ??? ... I'm not even that much older than you but really there is no way someone your age can remember enough of the last 15 years to have a dog in the fight....

i have watched football my entire life. i was raised in a Bronco fanatic family. i have been going to games since i was 4. i remember the epic super bowl beatdown the 49ers laid on Denver in 90, I have not missed a game since i was 4, which would be 1989. meaning i had a full decade of Elway. i know exactly what Elway was and what he brought to the Broncos. i know everything about this franchise. being raised in my family, it was necessary for me to know everything about this team. i remember everything about the team from when i started watching until now.

do not question my fanhood, knowledge or intelligence about this team due to my age. if you don't agree with me, fine, you are entitled to your opinion just as i am, but never question me about being a fan, or how much i know about this franchise.

bowtown
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM

But someone who doesn't trust the team doctors, to the point that he is holding himself out of important games, is a liability to the team, and also doesn't sound completely happy in his current situation.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
In a normal year I'd think so but with the CBA uncertainity, I'm interested to see if any teams would be willing to part with those picks and pay that kind of money if there's no football in 2011.

i think 2010 is going to end up being a wake up call for players and will get them negotiating to get a new CBA in place for 2011. i agree, teams will be more reluctant to give up picks and sign players for huge money with the uncertainty of the CBA, but just in terms of talent and the fact that elite pass rushers are very hard to find, i am pretty positive, teams will still attempt to being in a guy like Doom regardless of the cost.

with as much money as the NFL makes, there will definitely be something in place in 2011. no way owners and players and the league in general will allow there to be no football in 2011 and see all those hundreds of millions of dollars go away

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM

I bet the same bunch that thought cutting Torain was a sure sign every good player would be cut are the same that have it in ink that Elvis is good as gone.

i about threw a party when he was cut. i was so sick of hearing about the guy who played a single half for us and the praise he got for doing damn near nothing but take up a roster space that could have been used to get someone who would make an impact.

i am starting to feel that way about Brandstater. so many calling for him to get a shot or that he should have started some games for us last year, because he has a better arm or is more mobile than Orton, yet he wasn't good enough to beat out Simms for the number 2 job.

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
But someone who doesn't trust the team doctors, to the point that he is holding himself out of important games, is a liability to the team, and also doesn't sound completely happy in his current situation.

Honestly, if the team doctor was competent that would never be an issue. If they hadn't completely screwed the pooch on that hip injury last year this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened.

TDmvp
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
i have watched football my entire life. i was raised in a Bronco fanatic family. i have been going to games since i was 4. i remember the epic super bowl beatdown the 49ers laid on Denver in 90, I have not missed a game since i was 4, which would be 1989. meaning i had a full decade of Elway. i know exactly what Elway was and what he brought to the Broncos. i know everything about this franchise. being raised in my family, it was necessary for me to know everything about this team. i remember everything about the team from when i started watching until now.

do not question my fanhood, knowledge or intelligence about this team due to my age. if you don't agree with me, fine, you are entitled to your opinion just as i am, but never question me about being a fan, or how much i know about this franchise.

good stuff . and I'll own it ... If what you say is true then you are rare. Most your age don't follow ANYTHING very closely in their teens. I never doubted your fanhood but did doubt you followed along that closely in your teens...

I'm 34 and remember football from 84 on like i was there myself So with you only being 10 or so then I doubted you remembered much of the mid to late 80s... But man if you say you pay that much attention then good deal and we just disagree ... no harm...

But I do have concert T's older than you are ... LOLOLOL .... j/k ....

Requiem
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Michael Vick's got a couple dogs in the fight! Zing.

azbroncfan
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
And I'm still upset about it...we needed the 2 1/2 sacks that Engelberger would provide! :rofl:

Did Engelberger even get 2.5 sacks his whole time in Denver? I don't care to even look it up and I am sure Florida Homer will be here soon to defend his boy Engelberger that didn't even get invited to another team last year.

oubronco

He wants paid like the star he is plain and simple

bowtown
Honestly, if the team doctor was competent that would never be an issue. If they hadn't completely screwed the pooch on that hip injury last year this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened.

So then really it's the fault of Shanahan's staff?

bowtown
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM

So that gives him the right to not be held responsible for his actions?

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
good stuff . and I'll own it ... If what you say is true then you are rare. Most your age don't follow ANYTHING very closely in their teens. I never doubted your fanhood but did doubt you followed along that closely in your teens...

I'm 34 and remember football from 84 on like i was there myself So with you only being 10 or so then I doubted you remembered much of the mid to late 80s... But man if you say you pay that much attention then good deal and we just disagree ... no harm...

But I do have concert T's older than you are ... LOLOLOL .... j/k ....

in my family, it didn't matter how old you were, on sunday you put on orange and blue and sat your ass down in front of the tv screen or seats at the stadium and cheer the team on. and when games were over, with my older uncles, cousins, aunts, my mom be prepared to be able to discuss that game intelligently or get looked at like a leper.

Cito Pelon
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
i about threw a party when he was cut. i was so sick of hearing about the guy who played a single half for us and the praise he got for doing damn near nothing but take up a roster space that could have been used to get someone who would make an impact.

i am starting to feel that way about Brandstater. so many calling for him to get a shot or that he should have started some games for us last year, because he has a better arm or is more mobile than Orton, yet he wasn't good enough to beat out Simms for the number 2 job.

I liked 'stater's potential, but yeah, it's interesting that he couldn't take Simm's job. There could be a lot that went into that decision, including some coaches just aren't comfortable giving rookie QB's too much responsibility.

We'll find out about 'stater as the years wear on, I still think he has potential, and Orton won't be around long if he doesn't step up his game.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM

a star needs to put up in big games, and in the biggest game of his career to date he decided he was to hurt to go.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I liked 'stater's potential, but yeah, it's interesting that he couldn't take Simm's job. There could be a lot that went into that decision, including some coaches just aren't comfortable giving rookie QB's too much responsibility.

We'll find out about 'stater as the years wear on, I still think he has potential, and Orton won't be around long if he doesn't step up his game.

i agree. and if a few years down the line Brandstater proves me wrong i will grub down on a massive serving of crow, but i just find it so annoying that so many Broncos fans are curious about the state of a raw rookie, 6th round draft pick. some circles here talk about him like he is the 2nd coming of Elway or something. it is just annoying because there are not really any other teams fan bases wondering about the status of their 3 string rookie QB

Cool Breeze
02-01-2010, 03:16 PM

If the team doctor was incompetent he wouldn't be with the team anymore.
He is still with the team.

rastaman
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM

It really depends. Should McD's draft picks and FA's replace the talent lost then all will be cool. However should McD's draft picks and FA's under perform and don't contribute and the 2010 season ends with 3-6 wins.....ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE! Then 2011 would be McD's make or break season. But by then, McD would have destroyed a once proud winning franchise.

Meanwhile by 2012, McD is back in NE as Belichiks OC. Yikes!

montrose
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
i think 2010 is going to end up being a wake up call for players and will get them negotiating to get a new CBA in place for 2011. i agree, teams will be more reluctant to give up picks and sign players for huge money with the uncertainty of the CBA, but just in terms of talent and the fact that elite pass rushers are very hard to find, i am pretty positive, teams will still attempt to being in a guy like Doom regardless of the cost.

with as much money as the NFL makes, there will definitely be something in place in 2011. no way owners and players and the league in general will allow there to be no football in 2011 and see all those hundreds of millions of dollars go away

It's going to be interesting, but even with a player of Doom's ability at a high value position of pass-rusher; we haven't even heard of official talks for an extention. Likewise around the entire league there are several players that fit this description. I don't think this is by coincidence, hell it's almost as if the owners got together at their meetings and decided to teach the players a lesson by ****ing over the entire 2010 free agent class.

rastaman
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Meh! Brandon has every right to put his physical health ahead of the team! What dream world are you living in? Its not like should Brandon suffer a career ending injury in the line of duty....its not like Bowlen already has a $300K per year injury policy to be paid to Brandon over the next 20 years! Bowlen has no use for Brandon if he's injured or has a arthritic hip.;)

strafen
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
He is still with the team.Amazingly he still is.
Marshall sought a second opinion, and his hip problems got fixed...
You can be a homer all you want, but don't defend the teams doctor when it was clear they misdiagnosed Marshall's injury.
It doesn't make sense for you to say what you've said...

strafen
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM

The competiton for the starting job was a two-way race between Orton and Simms.
Everybody including you, knows that.
Brandstater wasn't even thought of as a starter material when he was drafted.
Come on, let's get real....

broncos-rock
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
McDaniels was on with Vic and Gary this morning. The interesting part is that he specifically mentioned Dumervil as one of his veterans. Kind of like he went out of his way trying to say that Dumervil will be back. Maybe I'm reading more into it than there was but I have a feeling Doom isnt going anywhere!

Requiem
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
As much as people like to piss on McDaniels and try and reincarnate the Great Depression, I think Dumervil stays and there is a decent chance, unless a hell of an offer comes through, that Marshall stays as well. I hope both are the case, because I'd love to keep our Pro-Bowlers here.

strafen
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
As much as people like to piss on McDaniels and try and reincarnate the Great Depression, I think Dumervil stays and there is a decent chance, unless a hell of an offer comes through, that Marshall stays as well. I hope both are the case, because I'd love to keep our Pro-Bowlers here.

And that's what we all want.
Nobody wants those guys to leave, but you've got to go with what McDaniels has shown to be his weakness-tendencies, and that is poor people skills and poor negotiating skills when it comes down to retain personnel.
Until he proves otherwise, I will always think he'll do whatever fits his ego best...

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Meh! Brandon has every right to put his physical health ahead of the team! What dream world are you living in? Its not like should Brandon suffer a career ending injury in the line of duty....its not like Bowlen already has a $300K per year injury policy to be paid to Brandon over the next 20 years! Bowlen has no use for Brandon if he's injured or has a arthritic hip.;)

....or an 8 game suspension. ;)

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
It's going to be interesting, but even with a player of Doom's ability at a high value position of pass-rusher; we haven't even heard of official talks for an extention. Likewise around the entire league there are several players that fit this description. I don't think this is by coincidence, hell it's almost as if the owners got together at their meetings and decided to teach the players a lesson by ****ing over the entire 2010 free agent class.

it is like this every year though where there is no talk about new deals, trades, player joining a new team, and then 10 minutes into FA there are 5 mega deals announced. around this time teams are in full on behind closed doors situations.

i'd wager talks are already being discussed with Doom, Kuper, Orton and probably some feelers out to Marshall whether or not he truly wants to return to Denver.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Nobody wants those guys to leave, but you've got to go with what McDaniels has shown to be his weakness-tendencies, and that is poor people skills and poor negotiating skills when it comes down to retain personnel.
Until he proves otherwise, I will always think he'll do whatever fits his ego best...

the only evidence that points to him having poor people skills is the Cutler situation, and in tht situation, he was correct not to kiss Jay's ass

the only other possible connections to that would be Nolan but they left on decent terms and there is no ill will between them.

he is a hard ass, and he has shown it is his team and things will be done his way

why is it his fault that Dennison and Turner accepted positions where they can be both reunited with friends and in the process get promoted? it isn't his fault that Nolan wanted to leave and go to a place where he will most likely have more control, if the Goodmans were going to be missed that much Bowlen didn't have toi let them go.

broncswin
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM

then give it a chance, jesus you f-ing whinners need to be a little patient...it was his first year as a head coach...he is only going into his second off season and really first with his team...you guys that have to hang on every story to spin your negativity are a bunch of nancy's...lets see what he does before we throw in the towel...this board is starting to sound like a sparklers fan board...just saying:thanku:

bowtown
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I love how everyone at the beginning of the year said that Dennison and Turner would be leaving once Shanahan landed somewhere, and now that it's happened, suddenly it's just another example of how Josh can't get along with anyone.

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
there is honestly no reason to freak out unless they are actually traded. if they are traded, be assured we will get full value (doom wont be traded, no chance) that we can get, mcdaniels isnt going to just give away players because he doesnt want them. see: cutler situation.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
there is honestly no reason to freak out unless they are actually traded. if they are traded, be assured we will get full value (doom wont be traded, no chance) that we can get, mcdaniels isnt going to just give away players because he doesnt want them. see: cutler situation.

It's not about being traded it's about what other teams will sign Dumervil and if we will or can match the offer. If some dickwad of a team comes out and offers Albert Haynesworth money for him do we or can we match it or the favorite Denver has to pay huge amounts of money if he plays 50% of his games in Colorado.
If a team really wants him they don't have to play nice with us. While yes it is better for him to be a RFA then a UFA we still have some work to do to keep him a Bronco. This is no way similar to the Cutler situation. Dumervil is free to sign a contract with any team he wants too and see if Denver will match it. Cutler could have ate a fat dick and it still wouldn't have got him off this team without the FO trading him.

rastaman
02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
....or an 8 game suspension. ;)

An 8 game suspension also means we can't ask for a 1st and 3rd/4th for Brandon as well.

kmartin575
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Uhh pretty sure other players campaigning for him to join any particular team would not be tampering. Pretty sure players do it all the time.

bigbucks24
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Just because Doom doesn't reach a contract with Denver doesn't mean a team will offer him a contract with a 1-3 tender. What happens in this situation?

Doom and Denver reach a stalemate (no contract).
No one offers a contract, knowing it will be huge and they have to give away a 1-3.

Answer:
Denver can tag him
Another team can trade for him by offering less than a 1&3

SportinOne
02-01-2010, 10:39 PM
McDaniels was on with Vic and Gary this morning. The interesting part is that he specifically mentioned Dumervil as one of his veterans. Kind of like he went out of his way trying to say that Dumervil will be back. Maybe I'm reading more into it than there was but I have a feeling Doom isnt going anywhere!

Kind of like, "Jay Cutler is our quarterback." Right?

ton80
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Shanahan's teams were slightly above average for most of his tenure, especially for the years following his 2nd Superbowl. Pure mediocrity for 10 or so years.

watermock
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM

Torain was cut because he shredded his knee.

The fact the great draft of 06 and 08 will soon be a distant memory.

Hell, Royal dissapeared too and Clady regessed.

watermock
02-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Doom isn't a true OLB. He's great at rushing from there on the outside. He's better than Ayers if thats worth anything.

Say what you want. We didn't get a single impact player out of all the high picks we had in 09.

watermock
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
If the team doctor was incompetent he shouldn't be with the team anymore.

fixed.

BroncoMan4ever
02-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Torain was cut because he shredded his knee.

The fact the great draft of 06 and 08 will soon be a distant memory.

Hell, Royal dissapeared too and Clady regessed.

Royal was dealing with injuries and a change in style of play that hindered him and put him into a sophomore slump

Clady was put in a position where he wasn't just having to worry about his man but also the man or men that were crashing the line to the right of him which made his play seemingly decline.

watermock
02-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Every offenive cat went down 'cept picks, despite a much improved D.

We brought in dick on offense, despite spending 6 of 9 picks on offense, now we are going to lose the rest of what was an excellnt draft class on offense.

Jesus, get a clue.

TonyR
02-02-2010, 07:53 AM
This story doesn't have much national traction. The bigger story is the Julius Peppers situation in Carolina. Heard Schefter on ESPN radio this morning and he said the odds on favorite to acquire him is Atlanta, followed by NE, and then the field. No mention of the Dumervil "situation". He's an RFA so there isn't all that much to worry about.

Drek
02-02-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't know why this surprises people. Doom clearly said it depends on what happens in Denver, its basically him sending the organization a message that while he's more than up for staying he isn't going to do it at pennies on the dollar compared to other alternatives.

He and his agent (who likely suggested he make this comment) are just making that known. They want a new deal worthy of Doom's production. He should get something between the deals given to James Harrison and Demarcus Ware over the last calendar year.

That is the big question of the off-season. If the Broncos don't make that kind of offer to Doom then the concerns about Bowlen's wallet looks infinitely more valid.

DenverBrit
02-02-2010, 08:32 AM
An 8 game suspension also means we can't ask for a 1st and 3rd/4th for Brandon as well.

I wouldn't worry. BM won't go off the rails until he has a new contract.

Therein lies the dilemma .

Will Bowlen take that chance or pass?

TonyR
02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
If guys like Florio (see below) are right there won't be a lot of money flying around in FA this year.

Union's lockout talk could affect 2010 contracts
Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2010 11:59 AM ET

The ability of guys like Julius Peppers to cash in come March could be affected by forces other than the final eight plan. With the union constantly banging the drum regarding a possible lockout in 2011, teams could choose not to hand out huge money in 2010.

Think about it for a second. Who has been talking about a lockout, the NFL or the NFLPA? The owners have expressed nothing publicly other than a desire to do a fair deal; the union has repeatedly proclaimed that a lockout is coming.

As a result, a league source tells us that some teams are beginning to prepare for the possibility of the inevitability of a lockout, in part by making free agency plans with the understanding that there might not be football in 2011.

Said the source, "The owners' thinking is that if players are being told to save their money for a lockout, then owners should save their money, too. This is already evident in coaches' contracts with some teams, where salary increases have been less than in previous years and where 'lockout' clauses provide owners with savings and an option to terminate the contracts. There have also been rumblings that a new round of layoffs is coming at the team and league levels. Next, owners will try to save money on player salaries."

The source predicts that a claim of owner collusion is "almost certain." The teams believe that such charges can be avoided based on evidence of reduced spending in all other areas of the business and the agreed-to removal of the salary floor in 2010.

Basically, then, the owners' lockout fund will be bolstered not only by $4 billion in television money that will be paid regardless of whether there's football in 2011 but also by any money that can be pocketed given the evaporation of the spending minimums.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/01/unions-lockout-talk-could-affect-2010-contracts/

bowtown
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
All FAs are going to end up in Oakland.

strafen
02-02-2010, 08:53 AM
there is honestly no reason to freak out unless they are actually traded. if they are traded, be assured we will get full value (doom wont be traded, no chance) that we can get, mcdaniels isnt going to just give away players because he doesnt want them. see: cutler situation.See: Brett Kern, Jack Williams and Mike Leach situation...

kamakazi_kal
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Doom talking about another team .... wtf ..... If he won't take a home team discount it just proves he's not a team guy. Get his a>> out of here.

(sarcasm button thingy)

If we lose Doom and Marshall this offseason that would just be horrible.

watermock
02-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Doom talking about another team .... wtf ..... If he won't take a home team discount it just proves he's not a team guy. Get his a>> out of here.

(sarcasm button thingy)

If we lose Doom and Marshall this offseason that would just be horrible.

Doom will stay, another bad move.

kamakazi_kal
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM

It will be if he gets money like Peppers is gonna demand.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM

you are so stupid its not even funny. poor negotiating skills? say waht you want about WHO he drafted, he did fine with getting picks and moving around to get the guys he wanted. 2 firsts and a third for cutler, who ultimately bombed out this year? thats a great deal.

mcdaniels will do whatever it takes to win, not fit his ego, think about it dumbass, he didnt get hired as head coach to make himself look good he did it to win.

BroncoMan4ever
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
See: Brett Kern, Jack Williams and Mike Leach situation...

yeah, the market for punters is so huge that McDaniels farted off draft picks to just cut him. give me a break punters are cut on a weekly basis in the NFL, why is Kern so different?

Williams, was nothing more than a backup 4th round corner, no one was going to throw picks at us to get him

Leach, he is a damn good long snapper, but teams don't trade for long snappers.

Popps
02-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Wait, it's a bad move to keep Elvis, now?

BroncoBuff
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Bad news, but not surprising.

Florida_Bronco
02-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Bad news, but not surprising.

How is this bad news?

WABronco
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
The retardation here never ceases to amaze.

strafen
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
you are so stupid its not even funny. poor negotiating skills? say waht you want about WHO he drafted, he did fine with getting picks and moving around to get the guys he wanted. 2 firsts and a third for cutler, who ultimately bombed out this year? thats a great deal.

mcdaniels will do whatever it takes to win, not fit his ego, think about it dumbass, he didnt get hired as head coach to make himself look good he did it to win.

Get your head out of your ass, little-bitch.
What has Mcdaniels successfully negotiating so far?
What did he do with the picks we've got for Cutler?
Getting the guys he wanted?
Was that a move to win, or a move to make himself look good, retard?!

strafen
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
yeah, the market for punters is so huge that McDaniels farted off draft picks to just cut him. give me a break punters are cut on a weekly basis in the NFL, why is Kern so different?

Williams, was nothing more than a backup 4th round corner, no one was going to throw picks at us to get him

Leach, he is a damn good long snapper, but teams don't trade for long snappers.

I understand McDaniels doesn't make mistakes.
I can't argue with you to make you think otherwise.

Now, you're taking something out of context in your quest to protect McDaniels, to make sure that what we've seen so far is not really true.
tsiguy said this:
mcdaniels isnt going to just give away players because he doesnt want them. see: cutler situation.
I replied see: Jack Williams, Mike Leach and Brett Kern.
You took that as a shot to your man McDaniels and didn't see the point I'm making in clarifying the stupidity spewed by tsifag96
I corrected him. You came out to refute what I said with some crap that doesn't hold water...

Players got some kind of value. I don't care what position they play. Jack Williams, Kern and Leach were immediately picked up by other teams, didn't they?

BroncoBuff
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
How is this bad news?

Because he's matured into elite player status, or close to it. Whatever draft pick(s) we might get foe him will take at least a couple years to mature, if he ever does.

People underestimate the crap-shoot that is the NFL draft. Dunno if it's Goodman's drafts or what, but the NFL draft is a crap-shoot, plain and simple.

Florida_Bronco
02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Because he's matured into elite player status, or close to it. Whatever draft pick(s) we might get foe him will take at least a couple years to mature, if he ever does.

People underestimate the crap-shoot that is the NFL draft. Dunno if it's Goodman's drafts or what, but the NFL draft is a crap-shoot, plain and simple.

But I still don't see what the bad news is. He didn't give any impression that he wants to leave Denver.

broncos-rock
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
But I still don't see what the bad news is. He didn't give any impression that he wants to leave Denver.

stop making sense will ya !!!!!

BroncoMan4ever
02-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I understand McDaniels doesn't make mistakes.
I can't argue with you to make you think otherwise.

Now, you're taking something out of context in your quest to protect McDaniels, to make sure that what we've seen so far is not really true.
tsiguy said this:

I replied see: Jack Williams, Mike Leach and Brett Kern.
You took that as a shot to your man McDaniels and didn't see the point I'm making in clarifying the stupidity spewed by tsifag96
I corrected him. You came out to refute what I said with some crap that doesn't hold water...

Players got some kind of value. I don't care what position they play. Jack Williams, Kern and Leach were immediately picked up by other teams, didn't they?

teams will pick up players they think may be of some help to the team. however, those guys outside of maybe Leach, no one was going to beat down our doors to trade for them. and with there being roster limits, it is easier to just release those players who aren't going to garner a lot of interest in a trade. you're saying he just gave those guys away, he released them because they had no place on this team and he didn't think that anyone would trade for them.

and before you bring it up, because i know you will, even conditional picks for these guys would be pointless, seeing as they were all either special teams players or backups that would never reach the necessary amount of playing time in order for us to receive compensation in return for them.

BroncoMan4ever
02-02-2010, 10:22 PM

i agree. he even said it will depend how things go with Denver. i take his answer to the question as, i would like to stay in Denver and it is up to our front office to get a deal in place that he feels is fair. if they don't then he would possibly be interested in looking elsewhere, like Miami.

it was an honest answer to the question, and he never says anything to the notion of him wanting out of Denver.

NFLBRONCO
02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I want BM and Doom to stay but, if they get moved and Denver addresses DT DE G C with day 1 picks would we be in that bad of shape. We got our lines bolstered majorly if we draft decent really fast.

maher_tyler
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM

I just LOL thinking about it.

BigPlayShay
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Reposting so that some people can see that Dumervil has made comments reflecting that he sees a future in Denver:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9824

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- After finishing up the second day of Pro Bowl practice, Elvis Dumervil headed back to his hotel room for a little rest and relaxation.

His phone rang. It was Head Coach Josh McDaniels, and he let the outside linebacker/defensive end know that his position coach from last season, Don Martindale, had been named the team's new defensive coordinator. In other words, as Dumervil said, "it was good news."

After spending the 2009 season learning a new position under "Wink" Martindale, Dumervil came away with a respect for the coach's intelligence and work ethic. He also knows how to get the best out of his players -- after all, Dumervil became the first league sack champion in Broncos history with 17 sacks on the way to a Pro Bowl under Martindale's tutelage.

"I think we're going to be sound," Dumervil said. "I think he's a smart coach and I think he's going to create a lot of problems for opponents. I think he knows how to mix it up well. With his background of working with different guys that have been successful in this league, I'm excited. I think it's going to be a great deal for us, and I'm looking forward to working with him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy now?

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
It will be interesting to see what the mane will be like if McD lets Marshall, Doom, Scheffler, and Kuper go whether by trade or whateverOh, I'm sure it will be to build his team with his own guys, you know.
That's what people are saying. Give the guy time.
He's never built a team of his own before. The Denver Broncos one of the elite teams in the NFL are the perfect guinea pig for the McDaniels project...

strafen
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
teams will pick up players they think may be of some help to the team. however, those guys outside of maybe Leach, no one was going to beat down our doors to trade for them. and with there being roster limits, it is easier to just release those players who aren't going to garner a lot of interest in a trade. you're saying he just gave those guys away, he released them because they had no place on this team and he didn't think that anyone would trade for them.

and before you bring it up, because i know you will, even conditional picks for these guys would be pointless, seeing as they were all either special teams players or backups that would never reach the necessary amount of playing time in order for us to receive compensation in return for them.None of those guys needed to be released, period.
There was absolutely no reason for it, and when you see what we've got in return to replace them with, it's got to make your stomach turn; Ty Law, Mitch Berger, Lonnie Paxton.
Tell me what makes you want to defend those moves?
Really, and you call yourself a real fan because you cheer those moves, just because it's McDaniels?
Paxton was not an upgrade over Leach. Leach not only is already one of the best long-snappers in the NFL, the guy was a back-up tight-end and a back-up lineman. We could've used him on the line when we shuffled it a little bit and ended up bringing in yet another New England cast-off

Florida_Bronco
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Paxton was not an upgrade over Leach. Actually he was. Paxton has long been regarded as the one of if not the best long snappers in the game.

strafen
02-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Actually he was. Paxton has long been regarded as the one of if not the best long snappers in the game.And so is Leach. Leach already had a leg up on him for being already on the team. You also need to take into consideration what I've already said. Leach could play TE and OL. Paxton is just a long-snapper. A good long-snapper is just as good as you can get in the NFL. A mediocre long-snapper don't last in the NFL.
Tell me what makes a long-snapper better over another one?
I go back to my point, we didn't need to make that move, period!

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Oh, I'm sure it will be to build his team with his own guys, you know.
That's what people are saying. Give the guy time.
He's never built a team of his own before. The Denver Broncos one of the elite teams in the NFL are the perfect guinea pig for the McDaniels project...

give me a break on that. I have homeristic tendencies a lot, but even I can't make myself believe the Broncos have recently been an elite team.

for a decade, minus 2 seasons this team has been the definition of average and mediocre.

i love the Broncos, and blue and orange blood pumps through my veins, but i am sorry, this team has not been elite in a long time.

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
None of those guys needed to be released, period.
There was absolutely no reason for it, and when you see what we've got in return to replace them with, it's got to make your stomach turn; Ty Law, Mitch Berger, Lonnie Paxton.
Tell me what makes you want to defend those moves?
Really, and you call yourself a real fan because you cheer those moves, just because it's McDaniels?
Paxton was not an upgrade over Leach. Leach not only is already one of the best long-snappers in the NFL, the guy was a back-up tight-end and a back-up lineman. We could've used him on the line when we shuffled it a little bit and ended up bringing in yet another New England cast-off

just because a random fan sees no reason to get rid of a player doesn't mean there is no reason.

McDaniels had worked with Paxton all of his coaching career, and the guy was available and had the trust of McDaniels. it had nothing to do with Leach or McDaniels dumping a guy for no reason, it went back to McDaniels being more comfortable with a player he already knows is solid. Leach was a backup TE, he did not backup our linemen.

Jack Williams regardless of the mother****in' legacy the guy left on the mane, was nothing more than a 4th round backup corner. you talk about the guy like McDaniels dumped Champ and brought in a scrub to replace him. McDaniels felt a replacement would be better and brought one in.

Kern, while he did have a stronger leg than Berger, he was not very good at all at pinning teams back or placing kicks in advantageous positions for our ST.

there are reasons why those guys were released, same as there are reasons the other 20 something turds were flushed this past offseason. they either had no place on the team, McDaniels felt a replacement would better suit the team or he had more trust in someone else. he didn't release them just to release them or because they were Shanahan guys, he released them because he felt there were better alternatives.

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Actually he was. Paxton has long been regarded as the one of if not the best long snappers in the game.

while they may be just as good as eachother, if you can get a guy as clutch as Paxton i say go for it. he was responsible for the snap of an assload of Vinatieri game winning FG kicks even on the super bowl stage.

many people forget about how important the snap is on those crucial kicks. if you feel that you can upgrade that position, it is a good move, even if it means releasing a LS who is damn good himself.

Florida_Bronco
02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
And so is Leach. Not quite on Paxton's level.

Leach already had a leg up on him for being already on the team. So what?

You also need to take into consideration what I've already said. Leach could play TE and OL. Paxton is just a long-snapper. A good long-snapper is just as good as you can get in the NFL. A mediocre long-snapper don't last in the NFL. And Paxton is a backup OL.

I go back to my point, we didn't need to make that move, period! But what did it hurt? We acquired a player who is an upgrade, or at the very least equally elite as Leach, so whats the problem?

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 03:17 AM
has he been traded yet? anyone jump off the bridge yet?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Man, the drama queens are out in force, huh? Man oh man!

Everything's a possibility. Cleveland is a possibility. Buffalo is a possibility. It's a possibility that he'll retire. It's a possibility he'll go on a five state killing spree.

Oh, the possibilities! What a joke this franchise has become!

What a bunch of ****ing drama queens.

watermock
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Doom was a product of Nolans system. Why wouldn't he go to Miami?

watermock
02-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Everything's a possibility. Cleveland is a possibility. Buffalo is a possibility. It's a possibility that he'll retire. It's a possibility he'll go on a five state killing spree.

idiot

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 06:57 AM

I'm pretty sure he was the best pass rusher on this team long before Nolan came here. But I know details aren't your forte.

Perhaps you should dig to the bottom of the peanut butter to find some.

Oh, and he won't go to Miami because he's probably going to be a Restricted Free Agent, AND because Denver's priority is to lock him up.

Sorry Mock. I know that'll give you less to bitch and whine and cry about. Again, perhaps peanut butter is the answer.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 06:59 AM
idiot

http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/drunk.jpg

Mock's christmas card photo.

Not pictured: Jif.

Durango
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/drunk.jpg

Mock's christmas card photo.

Not pictured: Jif.

Is this really necessary buddy? The man was expressing an opinion, one you find as contemptible as some of your man-love McDaniels worship is to others here.

Blantant references to a life-threatening illness that nearly killed this man is sickening leering worthy of a cretin of your stature. Congratulations.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Is this really necessary buddy? The man was expressing an opinion, one you find as contemptible as some of your man-love McDaniels worship is to others here.

Blantant references to a life-threatening illness that nearly killed this man is sickening leering worthy of a cretin of your stature. Congratulations.

Sorry, but the "defend mock at all costs" meme around here is a bit out of control. He's a ****ing mouth-breathing troglodyte who insults anyone he cares to at any point he wants, yet you mention peanut butter to shut him up and the mock defenders come out of the woodwork. Good god.

He' s a big boy. He can defend himself against Peter Pan.

TheReverend
02-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Actually he was. Paxton has long been regarded as the one of if not the best long snappers in the game.

By who?

You follow long-snappers pretty closely, huh?

Mr.Meanie
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM

To be fair, I don't think he understands when he's being insulted...

Rabb
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM

sadly, it's what this place has turned into

DenverBrit
02-03-2010, 09:10 AM

Well, he has family there and South Beach is there, but he'll be a RFA so he's going to be here as long as the Broncos want, or can afford, to keep him.

That's why...... but he can always visit.

But keep crying about things that haven't happened. 8')

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM

yeah, the guy was nothing more than a clone of Jarvis Moss and was just a worthless turd until Nolan showed up.

if anything Martindale who coached the LBs deserves a ****load of credit for turning Doom into a pro bowler and elite pass rusher and not just an overlooked good pass rusher.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
yeah, the guy was nothing more than a clone of Jarvis Moss and was just a worthless turd until Nolan showed up.

if anything Martindale who coached the LBs deserves a ****load of credit for turning Doom into a pro bowler and elite pass rusher and not just an overlooked good pass rusher.

I love how everyone gives Nolan all the credit when Dumervil took Martindale -- NOT NOLAN -- as his personal guest to the Pro Bowl.

Or were they too busy hating on everything this franchise has done to notice?

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I love how everyone gives Nolan all the credit when Dumervil took Martindale -- NOT NOLAN -- as his personal guest to the Pro Bowl.

Or were they too busy hating on everything this franchise has done to notice?

i agree. as i recall it was Martindale working with Doom in TC and all offseason to get him ready to make the switch from DE to OLB. it was Nolan's scheme, but Martindale is the one who got his LBs into position to perform well in it.

the simple fact that in one year he was able to help turn Doom into a pro bowl OLB is why I am not in the least worried about him taking over as our DC.

DBroncos4life
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Wasn't Nolan already down in Miami?

DBroncos4life
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
i agree. as i recall it was Martindale working with Doom in TC and all offseason to get him ready to make the switch from DE to OLB. it was Nolan's scheme, but Martindale is the one who got his LBs into position to perform well in it.

the simple fact that in one year he was able to help turn Doom into a pro bowl OLB is why I am not in the least worried about him taking over as our DC.

Don Martindale should also get credit for working with Doom along with Nolan. The fact that Martindale was a 4-3 linebacker coach with the Raiders and and I can't really find anything in his bio that suggests that he worked much in the 3-4 system prior to this year joining Nolan though. I'm sure Martindale worked with Nolan pretty close last year.

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Don Martindale should also get credit for working with Doom along with Nolan. The fact that Martindale was a 4-3 linebacker coach with the Raiders and and I can't really find anything in his bio that suggests that he worked much in the 3-4 system prior to this year joining Nolan though. I'm sure Martindale worked with Nolan pretty close last year.

i agree. Nolan was running a defense that McDaniels wanted, meaning all the coaches learned from Nolan what McDaniels wants. so I am sure with the work Martindale put in learning the 3-4 from Nolan will be great time spent, because I think he is really going to continue getting this defense even better.

strafen
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
By who?

You follow long-snappers pretty closely, huh?I don't think he could name another long-snapper outside Denver!

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM

as mcdaniels freely points out to anyone who will listen, it wasnt just nolans scheme, its the new broncos scheme, and nolan was capable of installing and teaching it. even though hes gone, the scheme stays.

now one thing i openly question is why shanahan, a longtime 4-3 guy, switched a team who was a top 5 or so defense in the 4-3 to 3-4. just to do it?

BroncoMan4ever
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
as mcdaniels freely points out to anyone who will listen, it wasnt just nolans scheme, its the new broncos scheme, and nolan was capable of installing and teaching it. even though hes gone, the scheme stays.

now one thing i openly question is why shanahan, a longtime 4-3 guy, switched a team who was a top 5 or so defense in the 4-3 to 3-4. just to do it?

i am thinking with him doing that in Washington is less about him changing because it is needed, but changing because that is what is said about his being fired from Denver, was his inability to field a competitive defense, and in his travels this year, he stopped in cities where the teams employ a 3-4 defense.

honestly i am beginning to believe Shanahan has lost his edge as a coach. instead of leaving a pretty good 4-3 defense alone, he is converting to a 3-4 because everyone seems to think that is what he needs to do

jhns
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM

He was trying it here before he got fired. Don't you remember that abortion? For some reason he started liking the 3-4.

tsiguy96
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
He was trying it here before he got fired. Don't you remember that abortion? For some reason he started liking the 3-4.

i remember, and obviously the 3-4 works, but washington had a GREAT defense under the 4-3, and hes changing it because teh 3-4 is whats "in" now? it doesnt make sense.