PDA

View Full Version : Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

Bronco Rob
02-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 31, 2010 8:25 PM ET

Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

Whether Marshall totally means what he says or not is irrelevant. His fate is up to the Broncos.

It seems like Marshall has learned that popping off to the press will do him no good, so he's either going to stay mum or kill them with kindness. Heck, maybe he is maturing. (Probably not, but he could create a little sympathy among the Denver faithful.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/31/marshall-would-love-to-finish-his-career-in-denver/

Offseason Posturing? Marshall Expresses Love For Denver

Monday, February 01, 2010
Posted By The Trenches 1:19 AM

Brandon Marshall extended an olive branch to the Broncos on Sunday night, telling ESPN that he'd "would love to finish" his career in Denver.

It might be too late for sweet talk. The Denver Post reports the Pro Bowl wide receiver likely is finished in the Mile High City.

Marshall and coach Josh McDaniels ended the season on a bitter note. McDaniels benched Marshall for the Broncos' Week 17 game after Marshall reported a hamstring strain. The coach believed Marshall could have played through the injury. McDaniels and Marshall publicly exchanged barbs after the benching.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/53950/postseason-posturing-marshall-expresses-love-for-denver-

Killericon
02-01-2010, 03:48 AM
"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast.

Past what?

If he's no longer the same guy who slipped on a McDonald's bag, I'd be all for signing him to a big deal. Problem is I thought he was done with the bull**** before, and I turned out to be completely wrong. If we can get good value for him, get him out of here.

Ratboy
02-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Past what?

If he's no longer the same guy who slipped on a McDonald's bag, I'd be all for signing him to a big deal. Problem is I thought he was done with the bull**** before, and I turned out to be completely wrong. If we can get good value for him, get him out of here.

That's the thing, how can you compare good value? Unless we're getting a receiver who can dominate a game like Marshall can, we're never getting good value.

Marshall is our second best player on this team (behind Ryan Clady), it would be stupid to get rid of him. He has never had an issue with Denver, he wants money, and who can blame him?

rastaman
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Meh! When will Marshall wakeup and realize that playing in Denver under McD just isn't a healthy situation for him mentally and career wise. Marshall has already had two major run in's with McD. Despite these run in's Marshall's career is still intact and on track to better things to come, but not in Denver.

Marshall should put his business cap back on and just realize that it was never in his destiny to retire as a Bronco and ever getting along with McDaniel's. Bmarsh needs to leave well enough alone, cut his losses and cut his ties with McD and get on with re-establishing his career elsewhere.

The relationship btwn McD and Bmarsh is a bad marriage and needs to end in divorce court. Marshall is playing with fire and at the end of the day McD thru his personality and his power will gladly supply as many matches that Marshall is dumb enough to allow him to supply to the situation.

If Marshall is too gullible to see that McD is in the business of exacting revenge and "Breaking Players" vs compromising as an adult and let by-gones-be-by gones----then Brandon is at fault for the outcome. As result, Marshall would be best served to sit down with his agent and use every tool w/i they're wherewithal to get out of Denver.

barryr
02-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Marshall hasn't had just problems with McDaniels. He'a also had problems with the law more than once, so he's done a lot to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

Ramathorn
02-01-2010, 05:46 AM
i blame mchitler for all that is wrong in denver. too hard to just look past all the problems and blame it on individuals. None of this **** was going on with shanny at the helm and mchitlers record was the same as shannys was the last few years, (without the headaches). Now, let me tell you how i REALLY feel.......

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Marshall's going to get paid...just not in Denver.

Cool Breeze
02-01-2010, 06:03 AM
I don't think mental health has been a priority for Brandon ever.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Just fuggin PAY HIM

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 06:12 AM
So much for Brandon not talking to the media any more. That lasted what...two days?

Meck77
02-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Meh! When will Marshall wakeup and realize that playing in Denver under McD just isn't a healthy situation for him mentally and career wise. Marshall has already had two major run in's with McD. Despite these run in's Marshall's career is still intact and on track to better things to come, but not in Denver.

Marshall should put his business cap back on and just realize that it was never in his destiny to retire as a Bronco and ever getting along with McDaniel's. Bmarsh needs to leave well enough alone, cut his losses and cut his ties with McD and get on with re-establishing his career elsewhere.

The relationship btwn McD and Bmarsh is a bad marriage and needs to end in divorce court. Marshall is playing with fire and at the end of the day McD thru his personality and his power will gladly supply as many matches that Marshall is dumb enough to allow him to supply to the situation.

If Marshall is too gullible to see that McD is in the business of exacting revenge and "Breaking Players" vs compromising as an adult and let by-gones-be-by gones----then Brandon is at fault for the outcome. As result, Marshall would be best served to sit down with his agent and use every tool w/i they're wherewithal to get out of Denver.

blah..blah..blah...blah...blah..blah.....

Short answer. The Broncos are going to do what's best for the organization.
Marshall is going to do what's best for him/family etc.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-01-2010, 06:36 AM
i blame mchitler for all that is wrong in denver. too hard to just look past all the problems and blame it on individuals. None of this **** was going on with shanny at the helm and mchitlers record was the same as shannys was the last few years, (without the headaches). Now, let me tell you how i REALLY feel.......

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Godwin's law. Good times!

Archer81
02-01-2010, 06:45 AM

Good thing your takes are based on reality and what actually happened rather than knee jerk opinion based on some fantasy reality...huh?

:Broncos:

jhns
02-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Short answer. The Broncos are going to do what's best for the organization.

I think you mean to say: "McDaniels will do what he thinks is best for the Broncos." Let's not pretend all of their moves are actually good for this team. We are starting Kyle Orton....

Bigdawg26
02-01-2010, 06:58 AM
We are starting Kyle Orton
LOL true true

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I think you mean to say: "McDaniels will do what he thinks is best for the Broncos." Let's not pretend all of their moves are actually good for this team. We are starting Kyle Orton....

Do you EVER stop whining? Seriously!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-01-2010, 08:11 AM

Come on, Brit, you know the answer to that.

He whines, therefore he is.

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:19 AM

LOL...like most 20 somethings.

jhns
02-01-2010, 08:19 AM

No.

Sassy
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM

:rofl:

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
No.

It was rhetorical. Seriously, we know!

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 08:42 AM

It used to be "hire a teenager while they still know everything."

Now it's spread to the 'twenty somethings.' Ha!

DenverBrit
02-01-2010, 08:43 AM

I know, but some mornings........;D

jhns
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
It was rhetorical. Seriously, we know!

Don't worry, I was the biggest homer in the world until we decided to give away our young pro bowl QB and then continued to make crazy move after craxy move. I'm sure I will be back to super homer when McDaniels and Orton are gone. One or two more years of constant crying shouldn't be that hard for you all to take.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
That's the thing, how can you compare good value? Unless we're getting a receiver who can dominate a game like Marshall can, we're never getting good value.

Marshall is our second best player on this team (behind Ryan Clady), it would be stupid to get rid of him. He has never had an issue with Denver, he wants money, and who can blame him?

thank god someone other than me get it ...

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:11 AM

If Marshall is too gullible to see that McD is in the business of exacting revenge and "Breaking Players" vs compromising as an adult and let by-gones-be-by gones----then Brandon is at fault for the outcome. As result, Marshall would be best served to sit down with his agent and use every tool w/i they're wherewithal to get out of Denver.because a player wants to be paid like he plays you want him out.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM
because a player wants to be paid like he plays you want him out.

most people around here do

TailgateNut
02-01-2010, 10:16 AM

So, does he want to get paid "part time"? If you consider his behavior and his suspensions, should we just pay him when he acts like a football player, and negate his salary when he acts like a dick?

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
most people around here do

strang.... I get that Marshall is a Winnie but that Winnie is pretty damn good .;D

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
So, does he want to get paid "part time"? If you consider his behavior and his suspensions, should we just pay him when he acts like a football player, and negate his salary when he acts like a dick?

lol . Sure we can call it the TailgateNut clause . we also should have a no tripping on McBags:yayaya:

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Marshall is our second best player on this team (behind Ryan Clady), it would be stupid to get rid of him. He has never had an issue with Denver

Remember Back in 2007 Brandon Marshall was pulled over for suspicion of DUI? Well hereís the police report folks. According to the police report Marshall repeatedly asked for his lawyer over and over and the officer let him know each time that he could not have one yet. According the police report this prompted Marshall to say,

ďThatís b******t, thatís a lie. Why arenít you guys out there looking for Williamís killer? I hate Denver, I hate this city, I hate f***ing city.Ē

http://broncotalk.net/2009/06/7071/broncos-news/brandon-marshall-i-hate-this-fing-city/

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
people act like teating players you plan on keeping as **** beath your feet is a good thing . Players will not sing on in Denver if players do not get paid when thier play states other wise .

oubronco
02-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Remember Back in 2007 Brandon Marshall was pulled over for suspicion of DUI? Well hereís the police report folks. According to the police report Marshall repeatedly asked for his lawyer over and over and the officer let him know each time that he could not have one yet. According the police report this prompted Marshall to say,

ďThatís b******t, thatís a lie. Why arenít you guys out there looking for Williamís killer? I hate Denver, I hate this city, I hate ****ing city.Ē

http://broncotalk.net/2009/06/7071/broncos-news/brandon-marshall-i-hate-this-fing-city/

Most drunk poeple hate everything just ask Goerge Strait

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM

ďThatís b******t, thatís a lie. Why arenít you guys out there looking for Williamís killer? I hate Denver, I hate this city, I hate ****ing city.Ē

Beantown Bronco are you for real ? he watched his Buddy face get blew off . then Die . oh also when you were 22 years old did you ever do stupid **** after having crazy **** happen ... god you guys are holly ****ing rollers.

Smiling Assassin27
sorry, i don't believe brandon.

*calls bullsh!!!t*

PRBronco
people act like teating players you plan on keeping as **** beath your feet is a good thing . Players will not sing on in Denver if players do not get paid when thier play states other wise .

It's not about his play any more, it's about MULTIPLE cases of conduct detrimental to the team. Everyone in the league sees that, they're not going to base their opinion of the Broncos as a free agency destination on "The Beast's" blog.

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Beantown Bronco are you for real ? he watched his Buddy face get blew off . then Die

Not true. Javon Walker did. Marshall was miles away when it happened.

oh also when you were 22 years old did you ever do stupid **** after having crazy **** happen ... god you guys are holly ****ing rollers.

What does this have to do with anything? A claim was made that Marshall has never had an issue with Denver. I simply showed that this was not true by directly citing his own words. Is that not allowed? I in no way made any reference to me doing stupid things, etc. at 22 yrs old nor did I judge him for saying them. I simply pointed out that he did say them.

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
It's not about his play any more, it's about MULTIPLE cases of conduct detrimental to the team. Everyone in the league sees that, they're not going to base their opinion of the Broncos as a free agency destination on "The Beast's" blog.

So if he gets paid you think he is still going to be a problem ? what problem has he had before this year on the field ? he has always gave his all on the field. He is just starting to get to the age we most start to get "it" mentally.

as for Marshall getting what he wanted this Coach IMO has proved his point . in that you do it his way so yes we should still try to keep Marshall in the Idea he does the things this coach wants .

Dagmar
02-01-2010, 10:48 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2w37tl5.gif

~Crash~
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Not true. Javon Walker did. Marshall was miles away when it happened.

What does this have to do with anything? A claim was made that Marshall has never had an issue with Denver. I simply showed that this was not true by directly citing his own words. Is that not allowed? I in no way made any reference to me doing stupid things, etc. at 22 yrs old nor did I judge him for saying them. I simply pointed out that he did say them.

you are a tight ass .. try some fiber in you diet. :flower:

Inkana7
02-01-2010, 11:17 AM
you are a tight ass .. try some fiber in you diet. :flower:

wtf?

Beantown Bronco
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM
wtf?

I don't even think he knows what he's posting anymore.

Bob's your Information Minister
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Of course he would...so he can finish his career in Denver and start a new one somewhere else.

Ratboy
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM

He was drunk, what else do you expect him to say? :spit:

briane
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
can we keep marshall and trade mcdaniels.....

crush17
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow. It seems like only yesterday that I had to use the ignore feature... this season went by way too fast.

rastaman
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM

What makes you think the NE Broncos are going to bargin with BMarsh is good faith. McD has brought the NE philosophy of low balling players during contract regnegotiations. Brandon may not want to take lower pay for a franchise that is in rebuilding mode.

Besides the relationship btwn McD and Marshall is beyond repair. Deep down neither coach and player trust one another anymore.

bowtown
02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Besides the relationship btwn McD and Marshall is beyond repair. Deep down neither coach and player trust one another anymore.

Let me guess, this is a "fact."

rastaman
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think mental health has been a priority for Brandon ever.

One should also question McD's mental health and his maturity! Just saying! :~ohyah!:

rastaman
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Let me guess, this is a "fact."

Let me guess....you disagree!;D

bowtown
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Let me guess....you disagree!;D

I don't agree or disgree, because I don't pretend to know what Josh McDaniels or Brandon Marshall feel "deep down."

broncosteven
02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 31, 2010 8:25 PM ET

Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

If you saw Suzy Kolber do the interview and heard Marshall's response you might have caught at the very end after they were off camera but still on Mic Kolber say to Marshall "You got all of that one", meaning he got his script right.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
if you saw suzy kolber do the interview and heard marshall's response you might have caught at the very end after they were off camera but still on mic kolber say to marshall "you got all of that one", meaning he got his script right.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

tsiguy96
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
If you saw Suzy Kolber do the interview and heard Marshall's response you might have caught at the very end after they were off camera but still on Mic Kolber say to Marshall "You got all of that one", meaning he got his script right.

this interview wasnt as simple as the text makes it out to be, i think she said "you got out of that one" meaning hes saying all the right things, but i dont know if it was sincere.

ZONA
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Kinda funny how nobody was on here saying get rid of Marshall after his 21 receptions. I don't when the last time I have seen a player of his talent get the lame pay he has for 2 straight years. His paycheck is like a back up Tight Ends pay check. Pay the man what he's worth and problem solved. How would you feel if you were the lead CPA at a business but you were getting paid the same as the file clerk? That's what I thought. Shut up and pay the dude. He's a great player and whether you like it or not, this team NEEDS him.

SoCalBronco
02-01-2010, 11:12 PM
It all depends on what we can get. I don't want to lose him, because he's undeniably an elite talent....maybe THE elite talent at that position. But it is hard to see how they can insure against the risk. They can't recoup much in morals clauses, its largely restricted under the current CBA....but by the same token, it doesn't make sense to give him up for pennies on the dollar, either. They need to get something substantial and if they can't, we can always defer the decision another year. There won't be a new CBA, so he'll just be a RFA. Give him the highest tender. If someone wants to pay the ransom that accompanies it, that's cool. If not...we can just wait till next year and see if he can go a year without getting in trouble. There's no need to settle if we're going to just get lowballed. We can always wait till 2011.

Popps
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Kinda funny how nobody was on here saying get rid of Marshall after his 21 receptions. I don't when the last time I have seen a player of his talent get the lame pay he has for 2 straight years. His paycheck is like a back up Tight Ends pay check. Pay the man what he's worth and problem solved..

Brandon's problems started way before he had outplayed his contract. His issues go back to college and probably before.

Dumping a lot of money on someone with issues is rarely a magic elixir to creating a good human being.

I'm not disagreeing that he's underpaid, but that statement is baseless.

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2010, 03:48 AM
How would you feel if you were the lead CPA at a business but you were getting paid the same as the file clerk?

Sorry, but if I had a dozen interactions with the police for domestic violence, DUIs, etc, I would no longer be able to collect a paycheck at all, so file clerk money would probably look good.

watermock
02-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Let's pay Dan Graham instead, and oh, and the slug Quiinn.

rastaman
02-02-2010, 04:14 AM
It all depends on what we can get. I don't want to lose him, because he's undeniably an elite talent....maybe THE elite talent at that position. But it is hard to see how they can insure against the risk. They can't recoup much in morals clauses, its largely restricted under the current CBA....but by the same token, it doesn't make sense to give him up for pennies on the dollar, either. They need to get something substantial and if they can't, we can always defer the decision another year. There won't be a new CBA, so he'll just be a RFA. Give him the highest tender. If someone wants to pay the ransom that accompanies it, that's cool. If not...we can just wait till next year and see if he can go a year without getting in trouble. There's no need to settle if we're going to just get lowballed. We can always wait till 2011.

Point is here Brandon's trade value maybe higher now than after the 2010 season. He and McD may have another run-in and the head games begin,i.e, McD goes to the media to paint Marshall as a non-team player, Marshall goes to the media and says McD has never played in the NFL and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and the media circus ensues.

More than likely the drama will also ensue over the possibility that McD uses the NE philosophy of low ball and under paying they're star players....for whatever reasons and the rift and mis-trust btwn BMarsh, Bowlen and McD only deepens.

Meanwhile, in protest, Bmarsh doesn't play his best ball. His practices are lack luster and on Sunday's he doesn't give it his all. Then McD goes to the media and says he has benched or suspended Marshall for various stints in the 2010 season due to conduct detrimental to the Broncos. Marshall stats suffer and the Broncos only win 6 games. How much is Bmarsh's value then. Can Denver then ask a 1st and 3rd for Brandon in 2011?

Remember so long as BMarsh stays healthy he has leverage over the Broncos and McD. The NFL TEAMS already know that Marshall is a known beast of a talent at his position and if the Broncos insist on demanding unrealistic compensation in 010 and 011 teams will just wait out the Broncos. Meanwhile, all Brandon has to do is pull another Randy Moss just to defy McD. Then by 2011 or 2012, Marshall is in the prime of his NFL career and teams will be lining up to sign him.....just not at the compensated draft picks Denver could have gotten for him in 2010.

We've all seen this story before folks.

rastaman
02-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Brandon's problems started way before he had outplayed his contract. His issues go back to college and probably before.

Dumping a lot of money on someone with issues is rarely a magic elixir to creating a good human being.

I'm not disagreeing that he's underpaid, but that statement is baseless.

The Broncos still can't have their cake and eat it too. Does Bowlen take a risk signing Bmarsh to a top WR contract....yes he does. But, does Marshall take a physical risk of suffering season/career ending injury every Sunday while he's waiting for the Day to land the big contract....sure he does.

So Bowlen takes the financial risk and Bmarsh takes the physical risk of injury; so both entities are taking risk. Besides, there are no guarantees Bowlen would see a return on his investment b/c even had Brandon had been a model citizen and was made the top paid WR in the NFL, he could still suffer a career ending injury.

Due to the violent nature of the NFL there are no guarantees....period for either side. Brandon needs to put his uniform and go out every Sunday and roll the dice he doesn't have his NFL career cut short due to injury. If Bowlen wants to keep Brandon he's got to open his wallet and pay him as the top WR in the league and hope everything works out.

watermock
02-02-2010, 04:57 AM
The Broncos will tender him then trade him.

It's a done deal.

Scheff and Hillis are going to follow.

Quite possibly under a no cap season, McBeavis destroys what is left of the 06 draft.

Just watch.

McStalin will then have "his" players.

Drek
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Pay the man what he's worth and problem solved.

How much is he worth if he's suspended again and only available for half the season?

How much is he worth if he starts having issues with the training staff again and sits out games late in the season?

There is a compromise that could be reached between the Broncos and Marshall, but it would involve Marshall taking less guaranteed money in order to protect the Broncos bottom line if the non-football related concerns come around again.

Would Marshall and his agent take that compromise or would they rather try and find some team that will give him the big up front money deal he's been wanting?

Dagmar
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
The Broncos will tender him then trade him.

It's a done deal.

Scheff and Hillis are going to follow.

Quite possibly under a no cap season, McBeavis destroys what is left of the 06 draft.

Just watch.

McStalin will then have "his" players.

Did you just compare Josh McDaniels with Joseph Stalin, a man responsible for the deaths of 60 million people?

bowtown
02-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Did you just compare Josh McDaniels with Joseph Stalin, a man responsible for the deaths of 60 million people?

Little known fact, Joseph Stalin was also notoriously bad at drafting, loved fist pumping, and always wore the same style of shirt as his mentor, Lenin.

jhns
02-02-2010, 08:26 AM
How much is he worth if he's suspended again and only available for half the season?

How much is he worth if he starts having issues with the training staff again and sits out games late in the season?

There is a compromise that could be reached between the Broncos and Marshall, but it would involve Marshall taking less guaranteed money in order to protect the Broncos bottom line if the non-football related concerns come around again.

Would Marshall and his agent take that compromise or would they rather try and find some team that will give him the big up front money deal he's been wanting?

We aren't getting better than him. He has missed two games in his career. This isn't the problem people make it out to be. The second game he even said he could play but McDaniels benched him for being late to a rehab. That doesn't make it any better but it isn't like he won't play through injuries. He played all of last season on a hip that needed surgery.

If he gets suspended for 8 games, I don't think he gets paid his salary anyways. We can think of any bonus money as back pay for the seasons he has been having and getting nothing for. He would also then be fresh and healthy for a stretch run and playoffs if we make it.

Again, we aren't going to get better at the position. The big problem with this team is we don't have near the talent as the top teams. We aren't going to get more talented by letting the most talented players leave all the time. It has been a problem for 10 years now.

Doggcow
02-02-2010, 09:45 AM
little known fact, joseph stalin was also notoriously bad at drafting, loved fist pumping, and always wore the same style of shirt as his mentor, lenin.

lol

Doggcow
02-02-2010, 09:47 AM
We aren't getting better than him. He has missed two games in his career. This isn't the problem people make it out to be. The second game he even said he could play but McDaniels benched him for being late to a rehab. That doesn't make it any better but it isn't like he won't play through injuries. He played all of last season on a hip that needed surgery.

If he gets suspended for 8 games, I don't think he gets paid his salary anyways. We can think of any bonus money as back pay for the seasons he has been having and getting nothing for. He would also then be fresh and healthy for a stretch run and playoffs if we make it.

Again, we aren't going to get better at the position. The big problem with this team is we don't have near the talent as the top teams. We aren't going to get more talented by letting the most talented players leave all the time. It has been a problem for 10 years now.

He's consistently injured due to his playstyle. How long can he really keep it up.

To the point of him only missing 2 games due to suspension... THATS BECAUSE THEY WERN'T HIS 9TH AND 25TH OFFENSES. Next time Marshall gets busted, Goodell will bring the hammer.

jhns
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
He's consistently injured due to his playstyle. How long can he really keep it up.

To the point of him only missing 2 games due to suspension... THATS BECAUSE THEY WERN'T HIS 9TH AND 25TH OFFENSES. Next time Marshall gets busted, Goodell will bring the hammer.

He has never missed a game due to injury. Who knows how long he can keep it up. What evidence suggests he is going to break down though?

So how does that change what I said about him missing games? He hasn't missed a single game due to a league suspension since his first. He also has a wife now and he has not gotten in trouble since being with her. The problem gf is long gone.

bowtown
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
He has never missed a game due to injury. Who knows how long he can keep it up. What evidence suggests he is going to break down though?

So how does that change what I said about him missing games? He hasn't missed a single game due to a league suspension since his first. He also has a wife now and he has not gotten in trouble since being with her. The problem gf is long gone.

Except that little incident where they were both arrested.

Chris
02-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Joseph "The Red Hoodie" Stalin

I now present... the Stalin hoodie

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/product/15320437/view/1/type/png/width/280/height/280

zdoor
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Agree completely.

jhns
02-02-2010, 10:19 AM

Except it was for nothing which is why nothing came of it.

HEAV
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM

Plus they're not even married yet.

The Denver Post's Penny Parker reported today that Broncos wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, is tying the knot come June 19, 2010.

B-Marsh's history can't be over looked. He's been a F-up since college (as far as we know) and he's going to have to be clean for longer than one season. Being a good boy durning your contract year is expected.

What happens after he signs on the contract?

I can understand giving money to R. Wayne, Andre Johnson type reciever, those guys are clean (as far as we know) and haven't shown the volitale persona that Brandon has shown.

I love Brandon the football player, it's the off-field person that I don't like. That is what the Broncos must wieght. Is the player more vaulable than the person and if given what he wants will he stop his antics or will he go back to being the huge human $h*t-bag he was?

It's easy for fans to spend another mans money (Bowlen) but if Marshall screws up and gets in trouble it's not our cash being flushed.

HEAV
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Give him the highest tender. If someone wants to pay the ransom that accompanies it, that's cool. If not...we can just wait till next year and see if he can go a year without getting in trouble. There's no need to settle if we're going to just get lowballed. We can always wait till 2011.

This is the only way to handle the situation.

jhns
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Plus they're not even married yet.

The Denver Post's Penny Parker reported today that Broncos wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, is tying the knot come June 19, 2010.

I thought they got married this past offseason. I'm probably confusing it with him getting engaged then. Still, the point is the same. The crazy girl he was getting in trouble with is long gone.

kamakazi_kal
02-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Why does everyone care so much about the guy being a "good guy" ?

We are paying him to catch a football ....... not save the morals of the human race.

If he gets suspended .... he loses money, with a new contract that allot of money. That should be incentive enough for him.

TailgateNut
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM

We are paying him to catch a football ....... not save the morals of the human race.

If he gets suspended .... he loses money, with a new contract that allot of money. That should be incentive enough for him.

Newsflash: he will be "occupying" a roster spot. If he ****s up again (which, if I were a betting man, is a given) we (the team) loses also.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
how about people wait to see IF he is traded first? mcdaniels isnt going to ship him out for nothing just because he wants him gone, hes not dumb and i think he proved it with the cutler situation. doesnt matter what goes on between him and the coach, marshall has a lot of talent and thus is worth a lot on the market, if we dont get it, you think mcdaniels would take less simply to get rid of him? thats dumb and everyone should know it.

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM

Two words: Roger Goodell

Criminals don't tend to be logical thinkers.

jhns
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
mcdaniels is going to ship him out for nothing just because he wants him gone, hes dumb and i think he proved it with the cutler situation.

Looks like tsi is finally starting to get it.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Looks like tsi is finally starting to get it.

did you forget that cutler threw almost 30 int this year? good god, if he is out of the league in 4 years, is mcdaniels sitll an idiot for trading him? youre so ****ing stupid, why are you still here if you hate this team and everything that ahppens with it?

bowtown
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM

If he hadn't been a **** up in college, he would have been drafted higher than the 4th round and would have had a much better rookie deal. That should have been incentive enough for him.

If he'd never gotten in trouble or been suspended in the first place, he would probably already have a new contract worth a lot of money. That should have been incentive enough for him.

Notice a pattern?

TailgateNut
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
did you forget that cutler threw almost 30 int this year? good god, if he is out of the league in 4 years, is mcdaniels sitll an idiot for trading him? youre so ****ing stupid, why are you still here if you hate this team and everything that ahppens with it?

a younger version of BF7.

jhns
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM

I don't hate the team and everything that happens. I just think McDaniels and Orton need to go. You are the ones that throw everyone else under the bus other than these two. I think you need to ask yourself that question.

Did Cutler do that on this team? No? Weird. Wait, he was actually getting better when he had a good offensive coach? Weird. I bet you still think Orton is a good option. That is sad.

jhns
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
a younger version of BF7.

You are by far the best example of a jilted woman I have seen. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings tail. Can you stop pming me and crying about me constantly now?

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't hate the team and everything that happens. I just think McDaniels and Orton need to go. You are the ones that throw everyone else under the bus other than these two. I think you need to ask yourself that question.

Did Cutler do that on this team? No? Weird. Wait, he was actually getting better when he had a good offensive coach? Weird. I bet you still think Orton is a good option. That is sad.

you cant even separate reality from the **** your mind makes up, its crazy. mcdaniels and orton arent perfect, no one said they are, and several of us dont think orton is the SB winning answer, but guess what, its what we got now and will have for next season as well, so making playoffs with a great defense and strong run game is the answer we have. but keep your bashing and hating, you are so far from reality i dont know if you can even consider yourself a bronco fan anymore. atleast not a realistic one, who can see that mcdaniels is not the answer to all lifes problems, and just because you have convinced yourself he made this team so bad doesnt mean its true.

jhns
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
you cant even separate reality from the **** your mind makes up, its crazy. mcdaniels and orton arent perfect, no one said they are, and several of us dont think orton is the SB winning answer, but guess what, its what we got now and will have for next season as well, so making playoffs with a great defense and strong run game is the answer we have. but keep your bashing and hating, you are so far from reality i dont know if you can even consider yourself a bronco fan anymore. atleast not a realistic one, who can see that mcdaniels is not the answer to all lifes problems, and just because you have convinced yourself he made this team so bad doesnt mean its true.

Reality is we are starting Kyle Orton. Enough said.

jhns
02-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Reality is we are starting Kyle Orton. Enough said.

Actually that wasn't saying enough. I should add that this was McDaniels choice.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Actually that wasn't saying enough. I should add that this was McDaniels choice.

i thought about going through the entire cutler thing again, including the part where he didnt answer his phone calls from the head coach of the team, and concluding with pat bowlen (reportedly having never been offended that much as the owner of the denver broncos before) sending a letter to all season ticket owners saying cutler will be traded, but i think its better just to tell you you are an idiot, and teh fact that you constantly agree with dragster, rasta, mock and bf7 proves it.

TailgateNut
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
i thought about going through the entire cutler thing again, including the part where he didnt answer his phone calls from the head coach of the team, and concluding with pat bowlen (reportedly having never been offended that much as the owner of the denver broncos before) sending a letter to all season ticket owners saying cutler will be traded, but i think its better just to tell you you are an idiot, and teh fact that you constantly agree with dragster, rasta, mock and bf7 proves it.

Facts are just an inconvienience to that barrel of monkeys.

Paladin
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Marshall wants toifinish his career in Denver - all the way up to his suspension....

Ain't that cute?

Does anyone in their right minds (that excludes that jhns fellow whom I have on iggy that everyone keeps quoting and his cohorts) really, really believe he will stay straight once he has some big money in his pocket?

Why wait to see the drama play out? Trade him......

jhns
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
teh fact that you constantly agree with dragster, rasta, mock and bf7 proves it.

LOL

For one, you are the last person that can claim others are dumb. Look at your posts.

Second, find me a single time I have agreed with them. I bet you can't. I do agree with them that Orton is horrible and McD needs to go though.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL

For one, you are the last person that can claim others are dumb. Look at your posts.

Second, find me a single time I have agreed with them. I bet you can't. I do agree with them that Orton is horrible and McD needs to go though.

you echo waht they say in every single post you make. anti-mcd and anti-orton everything, it doesnt matter what happens the spin crew comes in and starts making **** up that didnt even happen in order to fit their anti-mcd agenda. you are part of that crew.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I think the reason some of us lean toward the "negative" is because the new regime hasn't done anything other than be involved in drama and run players/coaches out of town from day one.

Don't even get me started about the stuff happening ON the field.

I haven't been here as long as some people, but I don't ever remember the two sides being at each other's throats like the last 12 months.

tsiguy96
02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I think the reason some of us lean toward the "negative" is because the new regime hasn't done anything other than be involved in drama and run players/coaches out of town from day one.

I haven't been here as long as some people, but I don't ever remember the two sides being at each other's throats like the last 12 months.

funny, the on field stuff has been far better than it ahs in years past, look at points allowed vs points scored differential. but none of that matters, you people seem to think its the trivial **** aka if the team isnt built the way you want it it was built wrong. forget that mcdaniels is the head coach and doign what all head coaches do, assembling a roster of guys they know can play in their system.

TailgateNut
02-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by jhns

Bawahahaha!

HEAV
02-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Ummmm... Brandon has been a douche-bag under Shanny also. My feelings of Brandon have nothing to do with Coach McDaniels or the Cutler issue of the past.

I'm looking at the entire police log of Brandon. From College, threw Shanny years to last year. Brandon is a high risk High reward player.

Yes he can perform (when he wants to) on the field and can be scary good/great. But then the off-field Brandon is just as scary with his anger and drinking and falling into TV stands, figting with women. Then there is his attitude last summer in camp when he went rogue and didn't want to practice, run or catch balls.

If money is the only thing he wants what happens once he gets the mega deal? Will he stay outta trouble? Will the team never have to worry about him not being suspended. Can the Team and the fanbase really trust Marshall?

What happens when another reciever gets a bigger deal than he has? Is he going to slack off and bitch and moan again?

We know what we are getting on the field (to a point) but it's the off the field stuff that anytime has to think off.

2KBack
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM

I can say that I prefer to have people on my team that I like. One of the reasons I enjoyed this past season better than 2008 was that I actually liked Orton. Both seasons had similar collapses, but I always found Cutler hard to root for. I'm afraid I cannot separate the players from the team, I cannot cheer for a team of thugs and douchebags. I certainly have a hard time with whiney players (scheffler) and players that make stupid decisions that directly effect the performance of the team (Brandon "APB" Marshall).

jhns
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
you echo waht they say in every single post you make. anti-mcd and anti-orton everything, it doesnt matter what happens the spin crew comes in and starts making **** up that didnt even happen in order to fit their anti-mcd agenda. you are part of that crew.

I do not echo what anyone says. You are all conspiracy nuts. I go with the facts. Those guys hate on a lot more than I ever do. I don't spin every situation against McDaniels. I blame him for the ones he is involved in.

1) He showed he shouldn't be GM and doesn't know how to deal with players during the Cutler exchange.

2) He traded a future first for a position that wasn't even a big need when the team was filled with big needs. Not that it matters. Trading future fists isn't smart in any situation if your team isn't already competing for a SB. If he thought this roster was SB ready, I don't know how you can claim he is a good talent evaluator. If he didn't think this team was SB ready, then he just did something I have never seen a successful GM do.

3) He had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. I'm not saying they are busts but you should expect a lot more than we got from those picks. 3 first round picks used with hardly anything to show. We didn't even see glimpses from most of those 5 picks. Guys like Dum and Marshall(that Seahawks catch and run still gets me wet) had some great plays as rookies that let us know they were for real. He then admits he had an extremely limited draft board after trading a future first and the starting QB for picks.....

4) The only reason I started warming up to him was the defense he was building, which a huge piece was Nolan. Now we find out that after hand picking Nolan, and Nolan improving the defense a lot, they don't want to work together for whatever reason. So he can't even keep his good staff together. Great management.... Without Nolan, I highly doubt win even close to as much this past season. Just look at the points given up in our wins.

5) We are making all of the same mistakes we made with Shanahan. We let the head coach do it all. Not only is he doing all of what Shanahan did, he also is calling offensive plays. Please, someone give an example of a current team doing this successfully. I don't know of one. Now, after his first season, we are already keeping the tradition of constant new DCs. We need a GM that actually has GM duties.

6. McDaniels actually chose to go with Kyle Orton as this teams starting QB. I don't know why Bronco fans find this to be acceptable. We have Elways shadow until Orton and McDaniels show up? These are the two to take away Elways shadow? Give me a break.

All of this is %100 fact. I don't need to make up stuff to support my opinions like the majority here.

jhns
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I am tailgate. Jhns has hurt my feelings in the past. Now I claim to have him on ignore as I constantly bring up what he posts and constantly reply to his posts. You know, we ignore people so we can continue talking to them!

Someday I will get over it. I'm not sure when though. He did hurt the feelings pretty bad as you can tell by my year of acting like a jilted woman. It is why I PM him trying to explain my made up stories and make excuses for being a douche.

It's ok tail. I'm sure you will move on eventually.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Are you really that dense?

None of this **** was going on with shanny here?

Remember when Bmarsh tried to sit out in preseason his second year due to a inury. Which shanny called him out on? BMarsh did the same thing to shanny he did with MCD.

Or the Numerous Arrests while shanny was here.

Or how about the rumor that shanny was going to trade B Marsh this last past offseason.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Beantown Bronco are you for real ? he watched his Buddy face get blew off . then Die . oh also when you were 22 years old did you ever do stupid **** after having crazy **** happen ... god you guys are holly ****ing rollers.

There was reports out there that Bmarsh and his cousin were spraying champaign on people and got some on the guys that killed D WIlliams. So you could corelate that Maybe Bmarsh has a little blood on his hands. But then again hes only 22LOL

jhns
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Are you really that dense?

None of this **** was going on with shanny here?

Remember when Bmarsh tried to sit out in preseason his second year due to a inury. Which shanny called him out on? BMarsh did the same thing to shanny he did with MCD.

Or the Numerous Arrests while shanny was here.

Or how about the rumor that shanny was going to trade B Marsh this last past offseason.

No, it wasn't that dramatic with Shanny here. Marshal wanted to sit out and Shanahan said no. He played the entire season after that and we didn't hear anything else about it. Of course, that is also leaving out the fact that he needed surgery on his hip the following offseason for an injury he never had.....

The arrests are not being blamed on McDaniels.

Your last piece of evidence is just funny. What is even better about that rumor is it didn't show up until a year later when McDaniels started having problems with him.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
No, it wasn't that dramatic with Shanny here. Marshal wanted to sit out and Shanahan said no. He played the entire season after that and we didn't hear anything else about it. Of course, that is also leaving out the fact that he needed surgery on his hip the following offseason for an injury he never had.....

The arrests are not being blamed on McDaniels.

Your last piece of evidence is just funny. What is even better about that rumor is it didn't show up until a year later when McDaniels started having problems with him.

Shanny ran a tight ship. One thing about Marshall has proven is a tiger wont change its stripes. You can spin the preseason thing how you want. I saw a power struggle something that shanny won. In large due to who he was. Mcd Is a young new coach I kinda look at it like the substitute teacher. Where with the teacher you couldnt get away with stuff. the sub you pocked and proded to see how far you could get.

People want to act like there wasnt ANY issues with shanny. Their revisionist history is crap.

I will never know what happened. Neither will you. With out shanny clearing the air on it. we never will know. its speculation that warrants some thought. Especially since Brandon had the big court date last march. and there was some rumors out there that he could and might get a year long layoff....

watermock
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
You accidentally spray some bubbly on some gang banger and your marked for death?

BTW, when is that ****head coming to trial or has the finest ****ed that up too?

watermock
02-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Especially since Brandon had the big court date last march. and there was some rumors out there that he could and might get a year long layoff....

WTF?

Beavis has suspended BM more than Goodell.