PDA

View Full Version : Marshall for B. Quinn in the works?

cutback
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
per espn insider

looks like a some guys random idea.

We're still in the preliminary -- mostly speculative -- stages of the Brandon Marshall (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9705) sweepstakes. Here's what we know: he's all but done for in Denver, as we continue to read things like this from Mike Klis of the Denver Post: "Today most likely is goodbye to All Things Brandon Marshall (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14303459)."
OK, but where does he wind up? Any team could use a player as talented on the field as Marshall, but not every team wants to deal with the possibility of his off-the-field issues. We've speculated that the Pats and Cowboys would be two teams on the cusp of Super Bowl runs who might take a shot, and on Sunday, Klis added the Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle) to the mix. Even more intriguing, Klis thinks that the trade could kill two birds with one stone: get rid of Marshall, and get a QB back, as he thinks the Browns could be interested in swapping Brady Quinn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10466).
While all of the trade scenarios have varying degrees of likelihood, NFL Insider Adam Schefter emailed in on Friday morning with the reason why we can all-but-eliminate certain teams from the rumor mill

Destinations for Brandon

The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.
Cincinnati has the need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2584), but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case.
The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking out cash for a new deal to Marshall.
What about the Pats? Randy Moss (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1433) isn't getting any younger, and Wes Welker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5941) might be a shell of his former self after shredding his knee.
Dave Krieger of the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14255783) speculated on some new spots: the Ravens, Dolphins and Cardinals.

Man-Goblin
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
What the hell is this?

bap454
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
workable link for the old man,....?

Rohirrim
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Brady Quinn is worse than Orton.

Rabb
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
since it is insider please copy and paste

and TJ, set server to stun...thx

Popps
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM

Thread over. Lock it up.

Rabb
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM

I will catch some hell, but I wouldn't mind Quinn being here competing

now, if this was true there better be a whole hell of a lot more involved coming to us...but Quinn is a solid QB in a terrible organization and was actually who I had hoped for last year when Jayby was being dealt

elsid13
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
The insider story is based upon this http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14303459 piece by Klis

But Adam Schefter wrote

Return package too much for Brandon
"Forget all the Rams-Bucs-Brandon Marshall trade talk. Barring the unforseen, it will not happen. The Broncos are going to put a high tender on Marshall -- probably a first- and third-round draft choice -- so any team that signs the Pro Bowl wide receiver will have to compensate Denver with the terms that the Broncos dictate. There's no chance the Rams are giving up the first pick in the draft for Brandon Marshall. There's no chance the Buccaneers are giving up the third pick in the draft for Marshall. Now if either of these teams can acquire another first-round pick later in the draft that it could trade to Denver, then maybe something could get done. But the chances of that happening are a longshot, at best. So when Marshall trade rumors continue to circulate -- and they should, Denver will look to trade him -- consider where the potential trade partner is drafting. If it's a high first-round pick, forget it; the trade is not happening."

WolfpackGuy
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Cleveland has the 38th pick as well.

Marshall for Quinn and that would be okay if they can't pry that 7 pick off Cleveland.

Hell, throw in Orton too.

broncswin
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
I think Quinn would be a good fit in this system, good mobility bigger, and has a strong arm...I really believe that McD getting this kid would be huge for us...but I do agree we better be getting that 38th pick

This is the guy that I wanted last year when all this shiat went down...I would be all for it.

barryr
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
I still say Miami would be the best trade target.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Cleveland has the 38th pick as well.

Marshall for Quinn and that would be okay if they can't pry that 7 pick off Cleveland.

Hell, throw in Orton too.

And 2 3rds (Jets for Bray).

Quinn for Marshall straight up is terrible.

Quinn, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Marshall is like the Cutler trade. Sucks it came to that, but the value isn't bad.

WolfpackGuy
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
And 2 3rds (Jets for Bray).

Quinn, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Marshall is like the Cutler trade. Sucks it came to that, but the value isn't bad.

Just saw that. Cleveland is sitting on 2 3rds as well.

Hmmm...

The Joker
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Quinn would be a much better back-up than Simms, and he's still got the potential to be a good QB one day IMO.

Maybe if they give us their second (38th overall) and Quinn?

I know McDaniels was rumoured to like Quinn last offseason, and it has to be tempting for him to send Brandon to a ****hole like Cleveland where he'll almost certainly be on a losing team for the next 5 or 6 years.

Broncoman13
01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
We're not going to get what we think for BMarsh. The Broncos are in a bad spot now. They hold the cards but they don't want BMarsh back in Denver and therefore will take less for him. No matter how good you think McD is, he can't win without talent.

broncswin
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Quinn would be a much better back-up than Simms, and he's still got the potential to be a good QB one day IMO.

Maybe if they give us their second (38th overall) and Quinn?

I know McDaniels was rumoured to like Quinn last offseason, and it has to be tempting for him to send Brandon to a ****hole like Cleveland where he'll almost certainly be on a losing team for the next 5 or 6 years.

He will not be the back up if we make this trade

HEAV
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
More proof that Klis is insane.

WolfpackGuy
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
No matter how good you think McD is, he can't win without talent.

That's not what he thinks.

Accountability trumps physical talent.

NFLBRONCO
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Yuck

TDmvp
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x-QzVEfGK34/SN0jHUi0DPI/AAAAAAAAAQc/NBEhwYzwF6k/s400/hell+no.bmphttp://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/586-gay1.jpg

I'd Rather someone just kill me now and get it over with...

oubronco
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
**** Quinn just pay Marshall and keep him

TDmvp
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM

yup...

Dude is like the best Wr i think I have ever seen once the ball is in his hands.
He attacks defenders who try to tackle him ... Reminds me of a TE once his has the ball.

Mcasshat tho don't need talent with his vastly superior scheme ...
We SHALL BUBBLE SCREEN our way to the Super Bowl .
Mark it down ...

broncocalijohn
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
I will catch some hell, but I wouldn't mind Quinn being here competing

now, if this was true there better be a whole hell of a lot more involved coming to us...but Quinn is a solid QB in a terrible organization and was actually who I had hoped for last year when Jayby was being dealt

not for Marshall. Marshall is worth a ton more than what Brady Quinn brings.

The Joker
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
He will not be the back up if we make this trade

Yes he will, at least initially.

Orton is going to be the starter next year, I figure he gets a RFA tag and next year then becomes his sink or swim season.

Quinn will be the insurance policy who'll be there to put pressure on Orton and try to win the starting gig in time.

If Orton bombs next year, Quinn gets his shot either late in the year or in 2011.

TDmvp
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Marshall for Quinn , Cribbs , Fraley rt , St. Clair rg , Titus Adams dt , a 2nd and a partrich in a pear tree...

Make it happen ...

gyldenlove
01-31-2010, 11:33 AM
This rumor is about as accurate as all the Brady trade rumors last year.

Bronco Boy
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Why does everyone think we would want Quinn? Just because Weis coached him?

_Oro_
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
marshall for cribbs + stuff, make it happen please

oh yeah and who the hell uses klis as a source???

GoBroncos84
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM

Couldn't agree more. Why downgrade the QB position (yes, I know that is hard to do) and lose our best offensive player at the same time. That would be mind numbingly stupid

nickademus
01-31-2010, 11:51 AM
If they are talking #7 and quinn I do it. if they are talking quinn a 2nd and a 3rd I wait for a better offer. I dont dislike brady quinn and if we are going to go all system qb around here he fits better than orton, however orton has proved he can win while all brady has done is grab nutz and get injured.

Hamrob
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
I'd trade him for:

1. Quinn & Cribbs

2. Quinn, 2nd, 3rd

3. Quinn, swap of #7 for #10/11, 3rd

I'd love to have any one of these scenarios play out. I hate losing Marshall, I really do, but he's gone.

NFLBRONCO
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Why not swap 11 and BM for 7 Cribbs and a 3rd 5th in 11.

Hamrob
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Why not swap 11 and BM for 7 Cribbs and a 3rd 5th in 11.I think Cribbs is probably worth a 2nd and 3rd himself.

Elway's Pigeon Toes
01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Brady Quinn sucks and is one of the most overrated QB's of the last 10 years. No thanks.

gyldenlove
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Quinn is useless. Just because he was drafted in the 1st round does not make him a good QB, he has been unable to hold down a starting position, he been unable to keep Derek Anderson on the bench, he has in his life played 2 good games in this league.

He may be worse than Richard Quinn.

orinjkrush
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
the more trade rumors/options being spread around, the better for us. yippee!

Bigdawg26
01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
No Brady Quinn.. He's worst than Orton(and that is bad). At least Orton isn't scary and ducks from hits.

SoCalBronco
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
BM for Quinn would be the worst thing this staff has ever done...which is saying alot.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I think Quinn would be a good fit in this system, good mobility bigger, and has a strong arm...I really believe that McD getting this kid would be huge for us...but I do agree we better be getting that 38th pick

This is the guy that I wanted last year when all this shiat went down...I would be all for it.

i would not be upset at all if we got Quinn. my only question about that. how many years does he have left on his current contract? because barring injury or Orton really ****ting the bed in TC he is going to begin next season as our starter, regardless of who is brought in. With that in mind if Quinn has a few seasons left on his contract and could sit and learn the system next season and then either take over as starter if McDaniels believes he is better suited for the role in the long term than Orton, I would be all for the trade.

but right now. Marshall for Quinn is straight up rape. we had better be getting at Quinn and 38th pick in the draft. Or Quinn and Cribbs or something like that.

barryr
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM
I'd only want Quinn as long as he was to play against a Mike Shanahan type of Bronco defense for 16 games, but other than that, no thanks.

gyldenlove
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd only want Quinn as long as he was to play against a Mike Shanahan type of Bronco defense for 16 games, but other than that, no thanks.

Absolutely, if we can get a schedule with 8 games against the 08 Broncos defense and the Lions we will be okay.

Cito Pelon
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
yup...

Dude is like the best Wr i think I have ever seen once the ball is in his hands.
He attacks defenders who try to tackle him ... Reminds me of a TE once his has the ball.

Mark it down ...

That's all assuming you're not an idiot.

Cito Pelon
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Why does everyone think we would want Quinn? Just because Weis coached him?

There's some dumb kids on this board, that should explain it.

cmhargrove
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Why not swap 11 and BM for 7 Cribbs and a 3rd 5th in 11.

How about Marshall for the 7 pick and Cribbs? I'll buy that one...

Archer81
01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
There's some dumb kids on this board, that should explain it.

Not just kids...

:Broncos:

UberBroncoMan
01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
... this is ****ing retarded.

Throw away a proven All-Pro and YOUNG commodity for another ****ING QB?! Unless we're getting a ****ing stud QB... the type that actually MAKE THEIR TEAM BETTER, this is stupid as ****.

Picks don't = **** most of the time. Get Marshall contracted up, and put clauses in his contract that own him if he has off the field issues/suspensions. If he truly is beyond off the field **** he won't care about it.

6'4 (he's actually said to be more like 6'5), tackle breaking WR's are not an every day thing. You don't get rid of them.

tsiguy96
01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
How about Marshall for the 7 pick and Cribbs? I'll buy that one...

every day of the week

eddie mac
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I think Cribbs is probably worth a 2nd and 3rd himself.

You should sell that stuff you're smoking cos you'd make a fortune.

rastaman
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Thread over. Lock it up.

You McMiracle can't coach up Quinn?

Hamrob
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
You should sell that stuff you're smoking cos you'd make a fortune.I think Cribbs could be a Pro-bowl WR himself...that's not to mention his return ability. He's worth more than a 2nd rounder...I think.

elsid13
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
I think Cribbs could be a Pro-bowl WR himself...that's not to mention his return ability. He's worth more than a 2nd rounder...I think.

Cribbs has not shown the ability to make an impact as Wide Receiver. He is a very good ST and 4th to 5th receiver. People on this board are overvaluing special teamers.

Florida_Bronco
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM

I agree. I'd be elated to have Quinn here in Denver.

Bronco Boy
01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Cribbs has not shown the ability to make an impact as Wide Receiver. He is a very good ST and 4th to 5th receiver. People on this board are overvaluing special teamers.

That's what happens when you haven't had a good one in awhile.

gtown
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd would trade Marshall for Lebron James before anyone on the Browns, even Cribbs. There are no words in the English language that could adequately express my disdain for a bmars-Quinn trade.

TheDave
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
First things first... I doubt this is real,

BUT-

if it is... why didn't the broncos make a Quinn - Cutler trade happen in the first place?

tsiguy96
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM

BUT-

if it is... why didn't the broncos make a Quinn - Cutler trade happen in the first place?

maybe the browns werent willing to give up the 1st rounders necessary in addition to quinn, or felt that quinn plus 1 1st was enough?

Ray Finkle
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM

BUT-

Bus Cook let Cleveland know that was not a destination Jay wanted to end up in.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM

i agree. completely. Cribbs is a great return man, and could be a decent weapon on the offensive side of the ball, but he has yet to show that.

i can also understand why some might overvalue a good return man like him. it has been awhile since we had a true badass return man. DWill was awesome but once he became a starter his return days were pretty much over. Royal is good but not as consistent as you would like a return man to be.

all in all i would love if we could get Cribbs, but he is not worth what so many make him out to be.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Bus Cook let Cleveland know that was not a destination Jay wanted to end up in.

wouldn't matter what Jay wanted. if Denver and Cleveland agreed on a trade it wouldn't matter about what the crybaby wanted.

broncogary
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
wouldn't matter what Jay wanted. if Denver and Cleveland agreed on a trade it wouldn't matter about what the crybaby wanted.

Except the team trading for him would want to think they could sign him to a long-term contract.

Majik
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Besides mobility I really don't think Quinn is any better than Orton. Even if he is I can't see him as anything more than a stop gap starting QB. With that being said Orton in his 2nd year in this offense will be light years ahead of Quinn in his first year in this offense. However Quinn would be an upgrade at backup QB.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Except the team trading for him would want to think they could sign him to a long-term contract.

true, but you would also need to remember, Cutler had 3 years remaining on his rookie deal when he was traded. Meaning had Cleveland really wanted him, they would have pulled the trigger because they would have potentially had 3 years to convince him that he would want to play in Cleveland.

also, in the NFL it is all about the coin. if they offered him the deal Chicago did, he would have signed it and been a crybaby for that franchise.

Ray Finkle
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
true, but you would also need to remember, Cutler had 3 years remaining on his rookie deal when he was traded. Meaning had Cleveland really wanted him, they would have pulled the trigger because they would have potentially had 3 years to convince him that he would want to play in Cleveland.

also, in the NFL it is all about the coin. if they offered him the deal Chicago did, he would have signed it and been a crybaby for that franchise.

part of the reason why Jay/Cook went for the deal was a new contract. Cook told Cleveland, he would not go there.

gyldenlove
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Besides mobility I really don't think Quinn is any better than Orton. Even if he is I can't see him as anything more than a stop gap starting QB. With that being said Orton in his 2nd year in this offense will be light years ahead of Quinn in his first year in this offense. However Quinn would be an upgrade at backup QB.

He is worse than Orton, Orton has a pretty consistent delivery and while he is no Manning he is pretty quick from the time he spots his target to getting the ball out. Quinn is not as quick to make the passes, he is not as quick to find a target and he is too inconsistent, he makes too many mistakes.

Quinn would be an upgrade at backup only because anyone would be, if we had a decent backup Quinn would be nothing, but this Weis link is going to be milked for all its worth until the end of time because there are too many people writing about the NFL who know nothing.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM

i think Orton is going to shock people this season and piss off a lot of fans who are going to be upset that we didn't get him a long term deal this offseason.

i truly believe he will have a monster of a season next year, especially if we get some interior linemen who can protect him.

kamakazi_kal
01-31-2010, 06:08 PM
well if we trade marshall for another ....... decent but not quite good enough QB I'd like to see the "fans" defend that one.

I'll say this at least Quinn has some upside to him .... we have seen the best of Orton and well .... I for one am left wanting.

kamakazi_kal
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
i think Orton is going to shock people this season and piss off a lot of fans who are going to be upset that we didn't get him a long term deal this offseason.

i truly believe he will have a monster of a season next year, especially if we get some interior linemen who can protect him.

:-* ur kidding right? Who's gonna catch his bubble screens after Moreno falls foward for 2 yards?

Punisher
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
OK trade a top 5 WR, Trade a fran QB whats next set the ****ing stadium on fire.

tsiguy96
01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
ok doom and gloomers guess what,this trade hasnt actually happened. no need to jump off the bridge yet, we will inform you when its time to take the plunge

Broncoman13
01-31-2010, 08:27 PM

BUT-

They tried...

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Trading one of the best WR's in the league (who's also young and growing) for a backup QB would be an unmitigated disaster.

I think that the best option for Brandon Marshall is the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas sorely needed a star WR last year...Romo struggled a bit without Owens. The Cowgirls could send Roy Williams back with a #1 pick or someone like Marcus Spears.

Broncoman13
01-31-2010, 08:29 PM

Yeah, that makes plenty of sense. Give up a #1 draft pick or two, a QB and a 3rd round pick and who cares if the player your trading for could potentially throw fits until you have to trade him yourself... that makes plenty of sense.

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree. I'd be elated to have Quinn here in Denver.

That's what all the idiots say.

Broncoman13
01-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Trading one of the best WR's in the league (who's also young and growing) for a backup QB would be an unmitigated disaster.

I think that the best option for Brandon Marshall is the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas sorely needed a star WR last year...Romo struggled a bit without Owens. The Cowgirls could send Roy Williams back with a #1 pick or someone like Marcus Spears.

Yeah b/c Miles Austin was such a scrub for them. Struggled my ass. Romo threw for 4000, 25+TDs and like 8 INTs. How exactly is that struggling?

Punisher
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Orton can't throw down field, that makes my brain hurt. I think any QB that can throw Down THE FIELD will be a upgrade.

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah b/c Miles Austin was such a scrub for them. Struggled my ass. Romo threw for 4000, 25+TDs and like 8 INTs. How exactly is that struggling?

Believe me. Cowboys fans were up in arms until they got back into the playoff race about 3/4 of the way through the year. They see the Cowboys as lacking WR's...Austin came on about 3/4 of the way through the year.

The only problem I could see about that is that Dallas may be giving Austin a bit contract...but Jerry Jones ain't cheap like Bowlen.

tsiguy96
01-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Believe me. Cowboys fans were up in arms until they got back into the playoff race about 3/4 of the way through the year. They see the Cowboys as lacking WR's...Austin came on about 3/4 of the way through the year.

The only problem I could see about that is that Dallas may be giving Austin a bit contract...but Jerry Jones ain't cheap like Bowlen.

he put up 420 yards in week 5 and 6 alone?

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 08:46 PM

One of those games he had 250 yards or somesuch ridiculousness.

The Cowboys have made a living off of taking on troubled players like Brandon Marshall. They would love this guy there. He's a playmaker on the field like few others in the league, and that's all they care about there. If TO would have maintained his level of production, they would have loved him too.

tsiguy96
01-31-2010, 08:50 PM

The Cowboys have made a living off of taking on troubled players like Brandon Marshall. They would love this guy there. He's a playmaker on the field like few others in the league, and that's all they care about there. If TO would have maintained his level of production, they would have loved him too.

not saying he doesnt fit in dallas, just saying austin is legit and had 1300 yards on the year, they may not see WR as such a need as some fatty oline, their RT sucks.

Popps
01-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Yea, Dallas already has a guy almost as talented as Brandon with about 1/10th of his ego, and doesn't need to be suspended for something every few months.

Of all teams, Dallas having already dealt with TO... I'd think they'd steer clear.

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Yea, Dallas already has a guy almost as talented as Brandon with about 1/10th of his ego, and doesn't need to be suspended for something every few months.

Of all teams, Dallas having already dealt with TO... I'd think they'd steer clear.

Sorry man, but that just isnt the nature of Dallas. Dallas is what the Raiders once were. Dallas has made a habit of taking players with questionable character and/or diva personalities. It worked for Jerry Jones in their dynasty years, and he still takes those risks. Most recently with Pac Man Jones, Leonard Davis, and Terrell Owens, but if you look through their history under Jones, the road is marked by miscreants.

Dallas fans expect these types of players to sign with Dallas, and they have no qualms with it. They were conditioned to enjoy it because those types of players delivered championships here.

Popps
01-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Sorry man, but that just isnt the nature of Dallas. Dallas is what the Raiders once were. Dallas has made a habit of taking players with questionable character and/or diva personalities. It worked for Jerry Jones in their dynasty years, and he still takes those risks. Most recently with Pac Man Jones, Leonard Davis, and Terrell Owens, but if you look through their history under Jones, the road is marked by miscreants.

Dallas fans expect these types of players to sign with Dallas, and they have no qualms with it. They were conditioned to enjoy it because those types of players delivered championships here.

Maybe, but they may have one of the most talented receiving corps in the league. I'm just not sure why they'd pay big money and draft picks to mess with Marshall.

strafen
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Brady Quinn is worse than Orton.No, he's not.
I saw him playing in college and the guy has some good intangibles.
I think what people fails to recognize is the way he was brought into the NFL.
His confidence was shot, he was put in a position where he was and was not the QB.
He wasn't broken in the right way in my opinion.
I think playing for Cleveland with a mediocre coaching staff really stalled his progress.
I believe he's got potential. What we saw in him when he played this season is not indicative of the kind of player Quinn is.
I would like to see him play for a team where he knows he'll be the starter from training camp on...

robbieopperude
01-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Maybe, but they may have one of the most talented receiving corps in the league. I'm just not sure why they'd pay big money and draft picks to mess with Marshall.

Dallas has one of the worst receiving cores in the league you mean. Austin is good. Williams is average and Crayton and whoever else is also average at best. Marshall would be a big addition but I don't think Dallas really needs him because they have Witten who gets almost 90 balls a year.

epicSocialism4tw
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM

The conversation in Dallas is in fact the exact opposite of what you suggest. Unfortunately, I have to get a huge amount of Cowboys news here if I listen to sports radio. The conversation for most of the season (up until Austin's ridiculous game) was that the Cowboys have nothing at WR. That's what they saw as their major issue...the crux of their poor performance.

Roy Williams is a bust and Dallas fans are rueing the day that they spent a 1st and 3rd round draft pick for him. Williams is unpopular here because he's a bust.

If Dallas landed Marshall, the fans would undoubtedly be extremely pleased and enthusiastic about the prospects of Romo-Marshall.

TDmvp
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/467/com090731otljoshmcdanie.jpg

:angel::angel::angel::angel:

:wiggle:

Popps
02-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Dallas has one of the worst receiving cores in the league you mean. .

Huh?

Austin is fantastic. Crayton and Williams provide decent targets and Whitten is one of the better receiving TEs in the league.

Put it this way, they're much better at WR than many other positions. So, to **** around with a problem-case like Marshall and dole out a bounty in return is just a silly move.

I hope they do it, but it's a silly move.

rastaman
02-01-2010, 04:51 AM
... this is ****ing retarded.

Throw away a proven All-Pro and YOUNG commodity for another ****ING QB?! Unless we're getting a ****ing stud QB... the type that actually MAKE THEIR TEAM BETTER, this is stupid as ****.

Picks don't = **** most of the time. Get Marshall contracted up, and put clauses in his contract that own him if he has off the field issues/suspensions. If he truly is beyond off the field **** he won't care about it.

6'4 (he's actually said to be more like 6'5), tackle breaking WR's are not an every day thing. You don't get rid of them.

How do we know Marshall wants to be a Bronco anymore? He doesn't trust McD and he may not want to be a part of a rebuilding program.

Merlin
02-01-2010, 06:02 AM
quinn for marshall straight up is terrible.

Quinn, a 2nd, and a 3rd for marshall is like the cutler trade. Sucks it came to that, but the value isn't bad.
+1

GeniusatWork
02-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Marshall for Quinn straight up would be a helliva failure of a trade.

Broncoman13
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Why all the Quinn talk? Many on the OM would lead you to believe that Kyle Orton was a probowl QB last year. Why are some of you even considering replacing a "pro-bowl" QB???

Broncoman13
02-01-2010, 08:15 AM

So the other game that he had 170 in was just chump change huh?

oubronco
02-01-2010, 08:16 AM

it's because they throw the ball downfield this 2-5 yd bubble screen offense we run he'd of gotten 50yds

Broncoman13
02-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I thought Roy Williams played pretty well down the stretch run, seems like he hauled in a lot of timely passes/TDs. Can't argue that he's a bust though.

It also seems that Marion Barber's time as the #1 in Dallas has come to an end. Felix Jones looks to be the better, more explosive, and productive back. I wonder if the Cowboys would consider adding him to any type of trade? Barber and a 2nd for BMarsh?

WolfpackGuy
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
It also seems that Marion Barber's time as the #1 in Dallas has come to an end. Felix Jones looks to be the better, more explosive, and productive back. I wonder if the Cowboys would consider adding him to any type of trade? Barber and a 2nd for BMarsh?

Barber would've fit in nicely in the OLD zone blocking scheme.

I'd much rather have had Barber at the time than Clarett...

colonelbeef
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
yup...

Mark it down ...

Your avatar is absolutely priceless ^5

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
:-* ur kidding right? Who's gonna catch his bubble screens after Moreno falls foward for 2 yards?

if the final game of the season showed anything. Marshall is replaceable.

Gaffney had 14 catches for over 200 yards. target a guy as much as Marshall is targeted and the numbers Marshall has can be replicated.

and yes, i am serious. give Orton some protection, and make it that he doesn't end up playing 3/4 of the season with some type of hindering injury and he is going to surprise a lot of people when he has a monster season next year.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that makes plenty of sense. Give up a #1 draft pick or two, a QB and a 3rd round pick and who cares if the player your trading for could potentially throw fits until you have to trade him yourself... that makes plenty of sense.

i'm not saying it would have been a smart move. i am simply pointing out that had Cleveland really wanted Jay, it wouldn't have mattered at all what Jay was saying. he was in a situation where he had absolutely no say of the outcome.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM

i see where you are going with this and the TO comparison. But I don't put Marshall into the TO catergory. For all of Marshall's bull****, he is a good teammate and locker room guy. He isn't going to cause on field troubles for Romo and the team like TO did.

Dallas has a top flight receiver in Austin, but they may want to add another guy who is a playmaker to the team in hopes that it gets them to the super bowl.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
if the final game of the season showed anything. Marshall is replaceable.

Gaffney had 14 catches for over 200 yards. target a guy as much as Marshall is targeted and the numbers Marshall has can be replicated.

and yes, i am serious. give Orton some protection, and make it that he doesn't end up playing 3/4 of the season with some type of hindering injury and he is going to surprise a lot of people when he has a monster season next year.

and when he doesn't have a monster season next year then what start over again

Requiem
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I can't see any reality to a trade involving Brady Quinn to the Broncos. Could he be any better than what Orton can do for us in his second year of the system? I'd rather have McDaniels draft a quarterback down the line if he sees Orton "unfit for command" (John Kerry style) after his second year with us. At any case, the Browns have an immense haul of draft picks, I believe three second rounders and two thirds. Gimme all of those for Marshall and I skid in my undies.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Quinn sucks plain and simple

TDmvp
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Quinn sucks plain and simple

Yup ... If we are going to have a mediocre to crap QB I'd rather just keep Orton. At least I like him and he shows a lot of heart.

Quinn sucks and he is a complete tool.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Yup ... If we are going to have a mediocre to crap QB I'd rather just keep Orton. At least I like him and he shows a lot of heart.

Quinn sucks and he is a complete tool.

yeah i don't need to see pictures of Quinn with a handful of Moreno's nuts.

TDmvp
02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I really like Kyle the guy tho and it's not his fault he don't have a insane great skill set.
Him coming back in that game for Simms when Simms was retarded was all heart and showed me a lot ...

Why Simms wasn't cut mid season I will never know. Pls god don't make me ever see that guy in a Broncos uni again ... Hate his dad from playing days till even more so now that he is a really bad announcer and his son just reminds me of him and plays like he is brain dead.

Cito Pelon
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I can't see any reality to a trade involving Brady Quinn to the Broncos. Could he be any better than what Orton can do for us in his second year of the system? I'd rather have McDaniels draft a quarterback down the line if he sees Orton "unfit for command" (John Kerry style) after his second year with us. At any case, the Browns have an immense haul of draft picks, I believe three second rounders and two thirds. Gimme all of those for Marshall and I skid in my undies.

Agreed, there is no possibility at all to Quinn as THE major factor in a trade, but yeah, some draft picks are a possibility, and I guess Holmgren could insist Denver takes Quinn off his hands as a throw in.

oubronco
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
yeah i don't need to see pictures of Quinn with a handful of Moreno's nuts.

:spit: LOL

broncos-rock
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Were not going to pick-up quinn were going to draft Tony Pike! Mark it down.....done deal

oubronco
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Why a Denver trade for Quinn would be a bad idea
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->The Denver Post floated the idea of the Broncos trading Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall to Cleveland in a deal for quarterback Brady Quinn.

It has to be considered one of many possibilities of a deal for Marshall. Expect Denver to try to trade Marshall this offseason.

But would a deal for Quinn be the smartest move for Denver?

I don’t think so.

I think Denver could get much more in return for Marshall, who has caught at least 100 passes in each of the past three seasons. Quinn is basically one season from being an official bust.

Denver might be able to get a first-round pick for Marshall. If so, perhaps Denver could take a quarterback with it if it wants a young quarterback.

Adding Quinn to a roster that will likely include Kyle Orton in 2010 really doesn’t make Denver better. Orton is fine. He could quarterback Denver for the next two or three seasons. While Quinn may be a nice fit for Denver coach Josh McDaniels’ system, there is no certainty Quinn would develop quickly and be as effective as Orton can be.

Denver has to find a way to get better by subtracting Marshall from the roster. Adding an unproven quarterback is not the answer. I expect Denver to get plenty of interesting offers for Marshall. At least one of them would likely be better than trading for Quinn.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-be-a-bad-idea (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9636/why-a-denver-trade-for-quinn-would-be-a-bad-idea)
<!-- / message -->

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Orton is fine. He could quarterback Denver for the next two or three seasons. While Quinn may be a nice fit for Denver coach Josh McDaniels’ system, there is no certainty Quinn would develop quickly and be as effective as Orton can be.

Seriously, did he watch ANY of the games?

Popps
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Seriously, did he watch ANY of the games?

Orton was efficient for is in almost every measurable way. We started 6-0 when he was healthy, then struggled when he got hurt and other weaknesses become more exposed.

He might not be a long-term answer, but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support the notion that Brady Quinn would be be an improvement.

Now, if he's available cheap... as in for a middle-round pick, then fine. But, you've got to get more for Marshall than a probable future back-up QB.

Florida_Bronco
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Orton was efficient for is in almost every measurable way. We started 6-0 when he was healthy, then struggled when he got hurt and other weaknesses become more exposed.

He might not be a long-term answer, but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to support the notion that Brady Quinn would be be an improvement.

Now, if he's available cheap... as in for a middle-round pick, then fine. But, you've got to get more for Marshall than a probable future back-up QB.

Quinn has more physical talent than Orton and apparently just as smart with equal leadership skills, plus he came up under Charlie Weis. Personally I'd like to get Quinn, sit him behind Orton this year and then enjoy the 3 way competition between them and Brandstater in 2011. I think Quinn would probably win that battle and then Orton and/or Brandstater could be moved for picks depending on how well they looked.

That said, I'd want a heck of a lot more than just Quinn for Marshall. Cribbs and/or some draft picks thrown in would make me happy.

gyldenlove
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Quinn is not even worth a middle round pick, he is broken. His development in Cleveland has gone only backwards and it is too late now to start over. Unless something miraculous happens he is a lost cause and the only reason we should pick him up is if he is cut and we need a clipboard holder.

Florida_Bronco
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Quinn is not even worth a middle round pick, he is broken. His development in Cleveland has gone only backwards and it is too late now to start over. Unless something miraculous happens he is a lost cause and the only reason we should pick him up is if he is cut and we need a clipboard holder.

Huh? :kiddingme

He's only starting his 4th year.

Rabb
02-05-2010, 07:04 AM
not to stoke the fire at all, but there is some "Insider" link on ESPN saying the Browns are in the Tebow running, which I spose' could lend some more fuel to this rumor

anyone paste it here for us poor non Insider folk?

Rohirrim
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Were not going to pick-up quinn were going to draft Tony Pike! Mark it down.....done deal

Tony Pike is the worst of a bad crop of QBs.

oubronco
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM

Teblow?

broncos-rock
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM

But he does fit the mold of what mcdaniels likes in a qb!

oubronco
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
But he does fit the mold of what mcdaniels likes in a qb!

and that would be?

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
and when he doesn't have a monster season next year then what start over again

if anything it is smarter to wait a year anyway. the QB class of 2011 is supposedly better than this years anyway. plus with this draft class, Bradford is the best available, but he has the injury concerns that would make me punch a baby if we drafted him

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM

i'd wager it is Lefevour and not Pike.

strafen
02-05-2010, 12:56 PM

That's false.
Orton did not start the season healthy. He had a busted finger on his throwing hand...

broncos-rock
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
i'd wager it is Lefevour and not Pike.

You could be right as well and I heard Cecil Lamey is all over LeFevour as well. I heard that Pike had a great workout at the senior bowl and I was talking about Pikes physical stats fitting mcdaniels measurements. 6'4 over 200 and smart. I do think we will pick someone to compete with brandstater!

strafen
02-05-2010, 06:38 PM
You could be right as well and I heard Cecil Lamey is all over LeFevour as well. I heard that Pike had a great workout at the senior bowl and I was talking about Pikes physical stats fitting mcdaniels measurements. 6'4 over 200 and smart. I do think we will pick someone to compete with brandstater!

Why would we need to bring somebody to compete with Brandstater when Brandstater didn't get a chance to compete with anybody last year?

I'm not totally convinced our QB situation will be resolved this year in terms of finding the QOFT.
We could see what Brandstater compete even if it's against another rookie. I'll be all for that, but what I'm looking to see is somebody that has IT. Somebody we can see display the intangibles only few QB's have.

I don't want a statue there and have a bunch of asshats support him blindly because that was who they wanted...