PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Deadline Approaching - who's going where?

ZONA
01-31-2010, 03:19 AM
The deadline is fast approaching and it's fun to listen to all the rumors, some of them are real, teams trying to make deals, and some of them false, teams throwing out fake rumors to jack up the interest in who they want to deal.

So what have you heard around the league?

I'll start with the team I like, the Suns. I don't think there is any doubt the Suns want to deal Amare. He didn't even play in the final quarter over their victory of the Mavs. This team has plenty of people who can score. I think they would love to get a more defensive player inside but somebody who still can be an option to score. I happen to think the Suns would also love to move Richardson if they can. He's got a hefty contract and he is just too hot and cold for that type of contract. He plays great for 3 games and then dissapears for 10. I think there was some truth to the rumor that the Suns and Sixers were trying to trade Amare for Iguadala. The Suns would rather have Iguadala starting in place of Richardson and that would leave the Suns in position to develop talented rookie Clark and 2nd year player Lopez. Then they could try to deal Richardson to somebody else looking for an athletic swingman who can shoot the 3 and dunk on people. That's about all he can do, lol. He doesn't really have a great mid range game, is slower then you think, and doesn't do a great job of blocking out to help defensive rebounding on the long misses.

broncswin
01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Will give you balkman and birdman for Amare...LOL

RhymesayersDU
01-31-2010, 09:16 AM
If Amare is traded, I really do NOT want him going to the Spurs.

Ship him out East, plzzzz.

Would like the Nuggs to make a move for another big man. Very interested to see if the Cavs do anything.

ludo21
01-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Im also a huge Suns fan and I wouldnt mind us moving Amare or JRich either. Both are more a liability defensively and without them we can still score 90+. If Richardson could consistently score over 17 or so he would be worth the money, but he just can't do that anymore.

Amare is gone next summer imo, so getting something for him now would be wise. I heard something about Deng and Tyrus Thomas for Amare, I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

The Celtics look old, I wonder if they try and get a young guy soon?

Los Broncos
01-31-2010, 10:04 AM
I heard Jamison to the Cavs a while back, I assume it isn't going to happen.

But you never know.

RhymesayersDU
01-31-2010, 10:14 AM
I heard Jamison to the Cavs a while back, I assume it isn't going to happen.

But you never know.

Well there are talks that the Wiz may just blow the team up and start from scratch. It wouldn't shock me if he gets dealt.

Broncoman13
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
If the Nuggets dealt for anyone I would hope it would be a post player. Chris Bosh would be the shiat in Denver. They could also do worse than adding a scorer like McGrady and probably on the cheap. I don't know about the contracts and whether they could do it or not though?

UberBroncoMan
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think the Nuggets will do anything to destroy their nucleus. The team is on fire when everyone is healthy. This year has been hard for them on that front though. Most of their losses (easily over 50% of them) have been with Melo or Billups on the bench... or both.

Lawson and Anderson have also been out at times.

RhymesayersDU
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Well it's been written that the Nuggies have been looking to add another big guy for weeks now, we'll see if it happens. I agree I don't see them making any major moves to destroy the nucleus but you never know.

I don't think the Nugs would take a run at T-Mac, but his story will be very interesting. He will be dealt, and his contract expires after this year so getting money off a team's books to make a free agent run this summer will be huge. In a very odd way, T-Mac will help shape the future NBA landscape.

bombay
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
If the Nuggets are going to make a move, it has to be for a real big. A guy that will see the floor unlike, say, Foster. I guess Haywood makes the most sense, a real 7 footer that has some defensive ability and averages a near double double. Oh, and it means JR most likely has to go.

nickademus
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
denver has stated that they are not going to trade jr. smith. they thought they had a deal for jeff foster done without giving up any of their core players so that means it was a combo of the TPE graham, balkman, petro, alen, ect.. my guess is that the pacers are waiting for the best offer before the deadline and if that was it we can expect the trade. The only way we are going to get a good big man (bosh, al jefferson, heywood) is if we include either jr or kmart and the way kmart is playing I cant see that happening I wouldnt mid a jr trade but the FO has said that isnt happening so my guess is the nuggets add a small piece as insurance for our bigs but that is about it.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
If Amare is traded, I really do NOT want him going to the Spurs.

Ship him out East, plzzzz.

Would like the Nuggs to make a move for another big man. Very interested to see if the Cavs do anything.

i'd love it if we could get Lee from the Knicks. a move like that totally narrows the gap between the Lakers and Nuggets. look back at the playoff series last season, it was the size difference that did in the Nuggets, get a true big man in there and it makes the matchup a little more even.

TerrElway
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Nugs already have the best defensive center in the NBA in Nene.

I'm a Jazz fan and what Zona wrote about Amare is the same thing Jazz fans say about Boozer. It's funny listening to fans of different teams talk about their guys. All you have to do is plug in the name of someone from your team and we are all saying the same things about different guys.

On an unrelated note, BroncoMan4ever, who is that in your avatar and can you PM me about a thousand more photos of her? :)

spdirty
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Would love to trade JR and Nene for Bosh or Jefferson or Lee.

sixtimeseight
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM

lol, not even close.

TerrElway
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
lol, not even close.

I think you need to re think your idea of a defensive center then. Make a list of who is better then tell me which of them is available. All I am saying is that Maybe familiarity breeds contempt and you are looking at an asset and calling it a liability.

sixtimeseight
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
who said anything about which centers are available? You said he was the best defensive center, period.

And it's funny how the "best defensive center" in the NBA hasn't made a NBA All-Defensive first or second team in his entire career.

Majik
01-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Would like the Nuggs to make a move for another big man.

The Bucks would be willing to part with Dan Gadzuric for a 2nd round pick. Unfortunately the Nuggets are over the cap making the trade invalid.

How about we throw in Jodie Meeks (an elite scorer at UK last season) and you guys replace the 2nd rounder with J.R. Smith?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5420361

We'd even consider throwing in a 2nd rounder if the above trade isn't enough.

robbieopperude
01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
As a Bulls fan I don't think trading Deng and Thomas for Amare makes them any better.
As a Nuggets fan I don't think trading JR Smith makes them any better unless they get an elite big back.

If I were the Bulls I would offer a package of Thomas, Heinrich, and a swap of 1st round picks to the Suns.

If I were the the Nuggets I would only go after deals getting them a big talented Defender back w/out breaking up the nucleus.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2010, 11:51 PM
i'd love it if we could get Lee from the Knicks. a move like that totally narrows the gap between the Lakers and Nuggets. look back at the playoff series last season, it was the size difference that did in the Nuggets, get a true big man in there and it makes the matchup a little more even.

I'm sure if you took on Eddy Curry's contract, the Knicks would hand over David Lee on a silver platter.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Hinrich --> LAL

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-01-2010, 12:37 AM

:rofl:

robbieopperude
02-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Hinrich --> LAL

I would send him to the lakers for 3 1st RD Picks. We all know they are going to be in the late 20's anyways.

Bigdawg26
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
That really wouldn't be fair to get Hinrich in LA!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
That really wouldn't be fair to get Hinrich in LA!

Why not?

We need help at PG (especially on the defensive end.)

spdirty
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Why not?

We need help at PG (especially on the defensive end.)

go with a starting lineup of Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Dont think you guys would have to worry about a pg then.

RhymesayersDU
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
If the Lakers add anybody of note, we can effectively end the season now.

brother love
02-03-2010, 08:48 AM
On Sunday during the Lakers and Celtics game they mentioned that Andrew Bynum was in possible trade discussions for Chris Bosh. I don't see the Lakers trading Bynum away, but that would be a nasty line up with Bosh.

HorseHead
02-03-2010, 01:13 PM
"broncoman4ever"...please tell me who is your avatar...great gooogly mooogly...

back to the thread...my Celtics look like they're ready for the early bird special at Denny's..

Requiem
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
"broncoman4ever"...please tell me who is your avatar...great gooogly mooogly...

back to the thread...my Celtics look like they're ready for the early bird special at Denny's..

I asked him the same question the other day, it is Bianca Beauchamp. ^5

24champ
02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Hinrich --> LAL

Man I don't know if that happens, Lakers are trying to shed payroll at this point. That's going to be one expensive addition, add the luxury tax...yeah I don't know. Chances are slim...then again Mitch got Pau Gasol not too long ago.

I know that Fisher is getting torched on the defensive side of the ball, and is a liability. So finding a defensive PG is a need for the Lakers.