PDA

View Full Version : Vikes McKinnie dismissed from the Pro Bowl

HEAV
01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
FT. LAUDERDALE -- Vikings offensive tackle officially has partied his way out of the Pro Bowl.

A league official just told me that McKinnie has been dismissed from the NFC team and will not play in Sunday's game.

He missed four of the five practices and attended only one team meeting all week.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/83157297.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aUU

~Crash~
01-30-2010, 11:59 AM
good way to get voted back

azbroncfan
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Good for him. He found some great Boat Parties down there with EJ and CP in Miami.

snowspot66
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
It's already a joke anyway. Most of the original starting rosters have been changed as players aren't available or healthy. Nobody wants to play in that pathetic excuse for a game.

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
HAH, awesome.

Bronco CB40
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Carolina's Julius Peppers missed practice on Friday for an unexcused reason, but showed up Saturday and wasn't kicked off the team.

Bronco CB40
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
It's already a joke anyway. Most of the original starting rosters have been changed as players aren't available or healthy. Nobody wants to play in that pathetic excuse for a game.

**** you. I like the Pro Bowl and I am excited to watch our five Broncos tomorrow.

TexanBob
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
The dirty little secret is that most players didn't want to go to the game in Honolulu either but their wives and girlfriends weren't about to pass up a free trip to Hawaii in February so they made their men go. Now that it's on the mainland, defections will go through the roof.

Requiem
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
McKinnie didn't deserve the Pro Bowl anyways, nor many of the accolades he has gotten with the Vikings. He is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Hopefully Bryant is partying it up with Seantrel Henderson, Ego, Sticks, Whitaker and the other big time recruits that are visiting this weekend. I know there are to be several other Pro Bowl Canes that are set to coincidentally bump into recruits this weekend.

Very good.

Requiem
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Haha, SoCal. Using this as a recruiting tool. You son of a bitch, all the good recruits need to go to the Noles. :wave:

SoCalBronco
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Haha, SoCal. Using this as a recruiting tool. You son of a b****, all the good recruits need to go to the Noles. :wave:

You guys already raided some of the best from South Florida this year (Luc, Lemonier etc.). Florida State's class is already alot better than Miami's class.

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2010, 02:06 PM
More from this story. From another board, they didn't post the link though:

Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie has gone into damage-control mode after being kicked off the NFC Pro Bowl squad.

"Had to withdraw from Pro Bowl!" McKinnie tweeted Saturday afternoon. "I've been playing thru pain the last month and need time 2 let my body heal."

This begs the question: Why did he accept the invitation in the first place? Plenty of McKinnie's banged-up teammates declined the opportunity to go to Miami.

"Been having some problems with my feet and ankle and I gotta give it a break," McKinnie replied minutes later to a question on Twitter. "I had a long season + my body is hurting."

Perhaps most interestingly, McKinnie then gets into it with Willis McGahee on Twitter. McGahee, his former college teammate, tweeted to McKinnie that his explanation was "b*ll sh*t."

ColoradoDarin
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
They need to just name the teams and scrap the game. Make it like the All Pro selections, you don't see them playing an "All Pro Game"

SpringStein
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
More from this story. From another board, they didn't post the link though:

That was from PFT.

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
That was from PFT.

Ah, thanks.