PDA

View Full Version : Ravens prefer to draft WR, than trade/free agent

HEAV
01-30-2010, 11:30 AM
A team source tells the Baltimore Sun that the Ravens would prefer to add a No. 1 receiver in the draft as opposed to free agency or via trade.

While Antonio Bryant is the only top wideout likely to be available as a true free agent, the draft is supremely deep with talent. The Ravens won't get a shot at Dez Bryant at No. 25 overall, but may have their pick from Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, and Damian Williams.
Source: Baltimore Sun

----------

cmhargrove
01-30-2010, 11:31 AM
A team source tells the Baltimore Sun that the Ravens would prefer to add a No. 1 receiver in the draft as opposed to free agency or via trade.

While Antonio Bryant is the only top wideout likely to be available as a true free agent, the draft is supremely deep with talent. The Ravens won't get a shot at Dez Bryant at No. 25 overall, but may have their pick from Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, and Damian Williams.
Source: Baltimore Sun

----------

I guess the negotiations have begun...

Which team isn't going to say this?

TonyR
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Which team isn't going to say this?

I actually believe this completely. Ozzie Newsome has always been fairly conservative and runs one of the best talent evaluation and drafting FO's in the league. I'm not sure giving up high draft picks or taking on a guy like Marshall fits their profile.

I actually think the Broncos will have a lot of difficulty getting what we think he's worth, which gives me at least a little hope that he'll be back next season. Otherwise we're going to lose a huge talent and probably not get enough back in return.

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure taking on a guy like Marshall fits their profile.

Yup, it's not like they have any murderers on their team or anything.

_Oro_
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm sure we'll get bank for Marshall. There were lots of naysayers saying we wouldn't get squat for Cutlet and we got exactly what we asked for. Teams are willing to give up picks for proven commodities and we're willing to give up our guys for picks.

TonyR
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Yup, it's not like they have any murderers on their team or anything.

Come on, Bean, he didn't have those issues when they drafted him and to my knowledge he's had no other issues and has been not only a great player but a great leader for them. If you really think the Ravens are a likely destination then perhaps offer some sound counter arguments why.

Chris
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Are any of the ravens WRs (forget about Derrick Mason) worth picking up in a trade to go with some draft picks?

HEAV
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Are any of the ravens WRs (forget about Derrick Mason) worth picking up in a trade to go with some draft picks?

Nope.

With the Draft holding many talented under-classmen players more than a few teams could want to hold onto their lower first & second round selections. Talent will fall in this draft, one scout say's he has 20+ early intries graded as first rounders.

Maybe Marshall will be in Denver for 2010...

I just hope he stays out of trouble.

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm sure we'll get bank for Marshall. There were lots of naysayers saying we wouldn't get squat for Cutlet and we got exactly what we asked for. Teams are willing to give up picks for proven commodities and we're willing to give up our guys for picks.

exactly. more often than not, talent and potential will outweigh character issues. If a team feels that they have strong leadership that can keep in check a guy with an attitude problem they will take him on if he can make the team better.

also, it isn't really on field troubles that are a problem with Marshall, overall the guy is a good teammate and goes all out on the field, it is just stupidity off the field that is worrisome.

TonyR
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM

I hope you're right, but there's a huge difference between a QB with no off field issues and a WR with the incidents Marshall has had.

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I hope you're right, but there's a huge difference between a QB with no off field issues and a WR with the incidents Marshall has had.

true, but even with Cutler there were still already criticisms of him not being able to handle pressure, being a bit of a crybaby, on field issues of moping, not being a particularly good teammate or leader and having a false sense of entitlement.

Cutler didn't leave Denver as the perfect citizen.

lostknight
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
<i>Cutler didn't leave Denver as the perfect citizen.</i>

Actually Cutler did. The front office just choose to spread rumours about him being a drunk and a crybaby.

Remember, Cutler said almost nothing to the media prior to the trade. It was the FO getting all the press.

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Denver just needs 2 teams interested that will help value. We'll find out in next 5 weeks.

Paladin
01-30-2010, 05:08 PM

Actually Cutler did. The front office just choose to spread rumours about him being a drunk and a crybaby.

Remember, Cutler said almost nothing to the media prior to the trade. It was the FO getting all the press.

I call BS on this post on so many levels it is laughable.......

Soul-Bronco
01-30-2010, 05:17 PM

Wow, I really think this dude had cutlers balls in his mouth when he wrote this post

rastaman
01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Wow, I really think this dude had cutlers balls in his mouth when he wrote this post

Wow I really think you have McD's and Bowlens nuts in your mouth when you posted your BS! ROFL!

tsiguy96
01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
damn didnt know people were still defending cutler after the season he just had. weird.

broncos-rock
01-30-2010, 08:49 PM
I would rather send him to a nfc team or a real ****ty afc team!:thumbs:

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
I would rather send him to a nfc team or a real ****ty afc team!:thumbs:

Welcome to Oakland or KC in that case.

Soul-Bronco
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow I really think you have McD's and Bowlens nuts in your mouth when you posted your BS! ROFL!

Oh, was that your boy friend i dissed?? sorry dude, you guys can go back to cuddling in front of your life size jay cutler fat head