PDA

View Full Version : CBS Rejects "ManCrunch.com" SuperBowl Ad

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
http://tv.gawker.com/5459835/the-gay-superbowl-commercial-that-wasnt

See the ad there. It's safe for work, although if somebody sees you watching it the rumors will fly.

Archer81
01-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Considering rhe squeamishness Americans displayed when Janet Jackson's boob popped out on "accident", two men making out on purpose wont earn CBS any new fans.

:Broncos:

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Considering rhe squeamishness Americans displayed when Janet Jackson's boob popped out on "accident", two men making out on purpose wont earn CBS any new fans.

Yeah I don't know... I mean I guess I can see why, but on the other hand it's so ridiculous and over the top I'd like to assume people would laugh it off. Maybe not though.

Archer81
01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah I don't know... I mean I guess I can see why, but on the other hand it's so ridiculous and over the top I'd like to assume people would laugh it off. Maybe not though.

To me, its just two people kissing. Most people aren't me, so it would cause problems. Its not something people see every day, and if they are not comfortable with it, there is no way they are going to be ok with their kids seeing it during a Superbowl.

OABB
01-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Maybe if those parents would have aborted them, they wouldn't have become homos.

Damn liberal ran media!

SouthStndJunkie
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't see what the big deal is.

OABB
01-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh hes a fan of the packers allright.

badoom doom zing!

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Oh hes a fan of the packers allright.

badoom doom zing!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/KenyonMartin/Ba-Zing.jpg

jhat01
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
That commercial is gay.

SouthStndJunkie
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
The signs in the background are funny.

"No entry".

UberBroncoMan
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
To me, its just two people kissing. Most people aren't me, so it would cause problems. Its not something people see every day, and if they are not comfortable with it, there is no way they are going to be ok with their kids seeing it during a Superbowl.

I'm more curious how the **** a site like ManCrunch has the money let alone feels the necessity to buy a Super Bowl add.

Archer81
01-29-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm more curious how the **** a site like ManCrunch has the money let alone feels the necessity to buy a Super Bowl add.

I wonder if its something where they pay the money to CBS if the commercial is approved. This one was not, but because the commercial is now on the interwebz, if they dont increase whatever it is they were looking to increase for free.

Jason in LA
01-29-2010, 02:45 PM

I don't think they ever intended the add to get on TV. They knew CBS would reject it and they'd get free press out of it, saving them nearly $3 million. I'd say that's pretty smart.

TheDave
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think they ever intended the add to get on TV. They knew CBS would reject it and they'd get free press out of it, saving them nearly $3 million. I'd say that's pretty smart.

This...

TexanBob
01-29-2010, 04:15 PM
The Super Bowl used to have "Up With People" for entertainment. Now the Super Bowl has "Up Yours, People" for entertainment.

Greatspirits
01-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but CBS doesn't have any problem running that Focus on Family garbage commercial. Hypocrites! Just like all the other Retardlicans!! They ruined our country and now there trying to ruin our Super Bowl! Damn them all!!

bronco militia
01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but CBS doesn't have any problem running that Focus on Family garbage commercial. Hypocrites! Just like all the other Retardlicans!! They ruined our country and now there trying to ruin our Super Bowl! Damn them all!!

ah ha! another fag!

get him!

Chris
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Most Americans probably were ok with that. There were just 2000 complaints from 2 or 3 far right groups. Not trying to build a conspiracy... but the outrage was prompted by groups making a concerted effort to cause it.

America being the land of corporate squeamishness... and CBS overreacted.

Archer81
01-29-2010, 05:57 PM

I hope this is sarcasm.

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 06:18 PM

el-oh-el

Archer81
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Most Americans probably were ok with that. There were just 2000 complaints from 2 or 3 far right groups. Not trying to build a conspiracy... but the outrage was prompted by groups making a concerted effort to cause it.

America being the land of corporate squeamishness... and CBS overreacted.

In every state where gay marriage has come up for a vote, its been rejected by the voters. Is that a reaction to the use of the word marriage or a reaction to anything "gay"?

As for the commercial, it depicts two men making out. If its squeamishness, the discomfort most people have for something opposite of what they do or see has more to do with this commercial then anything corporate or political.

Atwater His Ass
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
An excellent hype/pr/exposure move.

Bronco Bob
01-30-2010, 12:07 AM
This Super Bowl ad also got rejected by CBS. Can't figure out why. It's funny as hell.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHZgRjVD2AM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHZgRjVD2AM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/01/halftime-go-daddy-ad-rejected-for-super-bowl/1

Broncos_OTM
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
I am glad they kept that **** off the TV. Not only is it horribly produced. It spreads a message that i think is bull****.No offense but i wish they would have stayed in the closet. Flame away!

Vladimir
01-30-2010, 04:17 AM
I say no due to the fact it takes away time for the actual funny commercials that make watching the Colts in the Superbowl bearable. :spit:

Greatspirits
01-30-2010, 09:56 AM
ah ha! another fag!

get him!

ah ha! Actually I'm not, got a wife and three kids! But if crackpots like you want to come get me bring it on! You POS, ex-jarhead!!

Archer81
01-30-2010, 09:57 AM
ah ha! Actually I'm not, got a wife and three kids! But if crackpots like want to come get me, bring it on! You POS, probably ex-jarhead!!

Something wrong with Jarheads?

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
I am glad they kept that **** off the TV. Not only is it horribly produced. It spreads a message that i think is bull****.No offense but i wish they would have stayed in the closet. Flame away!

I love when people preface things with "no offense" as if it makes it all OK.

I don't care what your beliefs are, that's on you... But I find it hilarious that you basically just said "No offense, but I hate gays." No offense indeed!

~Crash~
01-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't see what the big deal is.

I Agree LMAO at the black guys reponse...

~Crash~
01-30-2010, 10:17 AM
why are people upset with sexual things is is quite silly.. people should enjoy life and all of what it is people get way to cough up in what other people should be doing . I have knew a few gay people and never meet a mean one so.... If I did I would treat a mean spirited one the same way I treat mean spirit hedrsexal...

SportinOne
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
The problem is with the law. Religion can keep its definition of marriage, but there needs to be a different term, basically civil union, that can be used so that two men or two women can receive the same benefits as a married couple. Not similar, same.

DHallblows
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I love when people preface things with "no offense" as if it makes it all OK.

I don't care what your beliefs are, that's on you... But I find it hilarious that you basically just said "No offense, but I hate gays." No offense indeed!

No offense, but you're a flaming homosexual ;D

But seriously...I pay less and less attention to that guy with every non football post he makes

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
No offense, but you're a flaming homosexual ;D

Been called worse!

But seriously, I'm unsure what the problem with this ad is. Considering CBS is the AFC network, they show gays all the time... They're called Chiefs fans.

jhat01
01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
ah ha! Actually I'm not, got a wife and three kids! But if crackpots like you want to come get me bring it on! You POS, ex-jarhead!!

Once and always pal.

SportinOne
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM

It's always funny when someone justifies their hetero-sexuality by giving relationship credentials. A simpler and more believable way to say that you are heterosexual, is to say that you are heterosexual. After all, there are plenty of married men who stay in their heterosexual relationships because they just can't afford, for a variety of reasons, to come out of the closet.