PDA

View Full Version : Does Brandon Marshall to the Buccaneers Make Sense for Both Parties?

boppool
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Does Brandon Marshall to the Buccaneers Make Sense for Both Parties?
by Sayre Bedinger, Written on January 29, 2010

Just going through my routine site check this morning, and as per usual I stumbled upon ESPN's Rumor Central, only to find yet another Brandon Marshall trade destination.

This time it may make some kind of sense.

Though some on this site have already suggested Brandon to the Buccaneers, I think a trade between Denver and Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense on both accounts.

The Buccaneers are poised to lose leading receiver Antonio Bryant as an unrestricted free agent, and they have absolutely nothing behind him on the depth chart to eventually be a replacement. The post over at the Tampa Tribune suggests that:

Although he is a tremendous talent, every NFL team knows Marshall wants out of Denver (and vice-versa), so any team interested in him will not have to give up something significant, like a first-round pick.

However, we all know that to be false. I am not suggesting Denver requires Tampa to surrender the third pick in the draft, as that would be unwise on Denver's part, but the Buccaneers have 10 total picks in the upcoming draft, two of which come in the second round.

If you cannot already see where I'm going with this, here is my trade proposal:

Brandon Marshall to Tampa Bay for two second-round picks (35th, 42nd overall) and a fifth-round pick

This trade makes sense to me on multiple levels. The Buccaneers have to be considered a legitimate landing spot for Marshall because they have 10 draft picks, first and foremost. They also have a huge need at the receiver position.

This trade would not only allow Marshall to return to his beloved state of Florida, but it also gives the Broncos the opportunity to trade him to a far worse situation than he has here in Denver (for whatever that's worth).

Will he get his money? Absolutely, but all joking aside, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a complete joke as of this moment in time. They do have a quarterback of the future they really like in Josh Freeman, and he needs some bigger targets being that he is a bigger quarterback.

This trade makes sense for the Broncos because they get rid of a headache, and they would have a lot more flexibility in free agency (the Denver Post reports the Broncos want this deal done shortly after the March 5 free agency start) and the draft.

As many of you know, I've officially jumped on the Tim Tebow train, and while I feel the Broncos should take him while they can get him, I don't rule out the possibility of him being there later when they pick. I simply view Tebow's intangibles as too valuable to let sneak out of the first round, but I will never say never.

If Denver is facing a guy like Rolando McClain, Dez Bryant, or Sam Bradford in the first round, I would absolutely promote going after one. In fact, my final draft board will most definitely have those guys rated higher than Tebow, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get him later if we can.

If all three of those players are unavailable, there is one player and one player alone I would be understanding of the Broncos taking over Tebow in the first round, and that is guard Mike Iupati of Idaho. Iupati has been one of the more impressive players at the Senior Bowl practices, and many on this site already wanted him before that.

If Denver makes this Marshall trade, they will be far more equipped and prepared for the 2010 draft, which is being considered one of the best of all time. They would hold the 10th/11th, 35th, 42nd/44th, and 45th picks in the first two rounds.

Four picks in the top 45 would go a long way to improving this team for the better in the long run. If Denver didn't go after Tebow in the first round, I could see a quartet of picks on the first two days of the draft as follows:

1. Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

2. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

3. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida (oddly enough, ranked 42nd on CBSSports.com's NFL Draft player rankings)

4. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

Either way, I feel it is important that the Broncos do make a quick decision on Marshall, and adding two more second-round picks would be an ideal way for the Broncos to move on.

----------------------
Excellent article, IMO. Didn't see it posted anywhere.

peacepipe
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd get irate if we drafted tebow.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM
1. It's from the Bleacher Report. Nothing else needs to be said.

2. He is actually advocating for Tebow as a possibility, no matter how slim, at Denver's 1st pick.

3. This is the same guy at The Bleacher Report who had an Interwebz special 13-pick draft after about 8 trades and the completely unrealistic Marshall trade scenarios from Monday.

4. Seriously, he writes at the Bleacher Report.

boppool
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I definately don't want Tebow, but if we end up with 2 seconds and fifth, I'd be elated.
Plus, I can't think of any other trade partner at this point

BroncosSR
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
No. Not trading a Pro Bowl WR makes the most sense to me...

Hercules Rockefeller
01-29-2010, 11:58 AM

In 10 seconds I thought of:
Baltimore
Cleveland
NYJ
Seattle
Washington
Miami

SonOfLe-loLang
I definately don't want Tebow, but if we end up with 2 seconds and fifth, I'd be elated.

I wouldnt be elated. I'd want a player in that scenario too. Bronco fans really underestimate Marshall's worth.

yerner
Other than Tebow, I suppose this would be the best we could do. Throw in Rob Gronkowski in that pick and I'd be as happy as could be even though I hate trading Marshall.

bowtown
01-29-2010, 12:00 PM
If I were Tampa, I'd never do that trade. If Brandon can't keep his nose clean in Denver, what the hell is he going to be like back in Florida?

gyldenlove
01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
This guy is a tool.

How often do Tampa Bay spend big money on players? So how does it make sense for them to go after a WR who is going to be at least 8 mill a year.

yerner
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
This guy is a tool.

How often do Tampa Bay spend big money on players? So how does it make sense for them to go after a WR who is going to be at least 8 mill a year.

They did pay a bunch to Antonio Bryant last year. Didn't they franchise him at something ridiculous? I think it was quite a bit more than 8 million. I could be wrong.

gunns
01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
What is all that talk about Tebow? Made me throw up a little in my mouth.

I wouldn't mind getting their 3rd pick for possibly McCoy. While Bowlen may not want to spend the money, a player that vastly improves your team puts people in the seats and increases his revenue. After that, some picks would be great and/or give us Barrett Ruud. I'd be thrilled.

Pony Boy
01-29-2010, 12:24 PM
If Marshall is traded it will be to Baltimore, makes more sense than Tampa. Baltimore has made it known that they want an upgrade at their No. 1 receiver spot and they have would be willing to give up more than any other team.

yerner
01-29-2010, 01:09 PM
I think 2 2nd rounders is more appealing than a late round 1st from Baltimore. Not sure how much more the Ravens would want to give.

Traveler
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
If Marshall is traded it will be to Baltimore, makes more sense than Tampa. Baltimore has made it known that they want an upgrade at their No. 1 receiver spot and they have would be willing to give up more than any other team.

You sure? I've always read that Ozzie Newsome is rather reluctant to give up any high round picks.

gyldenlove
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
They did pay a bunch to Antonio Bryant last year. Didn't they franchise him at something ridiculous? I think it was quite a bit more than 8 million. I could be wrong.

They franchised him, I think at about 7.8 million. That is a lot less than a 20 million signing bonus though.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I would take Ruud straight up for Marshall.

yerner
01-29-2010, 01:50 PM
They franchised him, I think at about 7.8 million. That is a lot less than a 20 million signing bonus though.

It was 9.9 million. I actually think this might be possible if the Glazers aren't broke yet.

Rabb
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
if we took Tebow in the first I would be forced to write a stern letter and probably shout angry things

Taking Tebow later? Sure, why not.

jhns
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Good call. I would take that in a second.

I really don't want to see him traded unless we get a great young player in return. Screw unknown draft picks that will usually have to take some years to develope even if they are good. How does that help the team now? Our big problem is we lack talent. Trading Marshall for picks makes that a bigger problem. With the way McD drafts, these picks won't develope and help us win until after he is fired(or nit re-signed) anyways. It was proven last year that his great scheme is worthless without talent.

cutthemdown
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tebow didn't look good at the senior bowl practices. That's not a good sign. I doubt Tebow makes it far onto Broncos radar.

I really think Orton gets another yr, Brandstater another yr being taught, they try and fix interior oline, figure out what to do with Marshall. Work tons with Moreno and Royal to get them going more. Make some moves at TE. IMO Graham won't be getting that type of money forever, and Scheffler is gone.

With all the work to be done in Denver makes you wonder if they really want to think young QB taken in first 4 rounds of draft.

IMO Broncos will be looking to transform the team again, but not at QB. Now I could see Simms being ditched for some vet retread etc etc.

cutthemdown
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Good call. I would take that in a second.

I really don't want to see him traded unless we get a great young player in return. Screw unknown draft picks that will usually have to take some years to develope even if they are good. How does that help the team now? Our big problem is we lack talent. Trading Marshall for picks makes that a bigger problem. With the way McD drafts, these picks won't develope and help us win until after he is fired(or nit re-signed) anyways. It was proven last year that his great scheme is worthless without talent.

Mcdaniels had one draft and the players showed flashes they could be good players. It humors me when people just say Mcdaniels can't draft trading for picks is stupid. Listen to what your saying and ask who is the one being stupid.

Draft is the best way to build. You miss some yrs, hit others, get unlucky here, lucky there etc etc. There are a lot of good players in the NFL who had poor first seasons and went on to be good players. Probably just as many who had great first seasons then went on to be avg.

The point of the extra picks is to use them to build teams from the bottom up. You replace smaller players with bigger more physical players who fit the new system.

Besides Broncos may want to spend money if FA, and then have 3-4 lower picks for Marshall they can use to fill out the team. We always want to say it's Portis for Bailey who won the trade etc. But really making moves frees you up to make other moves. So they ripple through the roster and IMO fans don't think big when it comes to the overall makeup of the team. They just look for the flash.

Broncos need interior olineman so they can establish the run game. Broncos need more size inside on defense. Broncos need a more athletic Dend to make it even tougher to block the outisde pass rushers. With a bunch of extra picks you can hope to maybe find some players who at some point help you in those areas. Throw in a few FA that can help quicker and the team could easily be stronger next yr on offense even without Marshall. It sucks things aren't working out with him, but by now we should all be used to it.

rastaman
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I'd get irate if we drafted tebow.

Yep! Tebow would be to focused with political abortion agenda with Focus on the Family, and he'll need to focus on learning how to be an NFL QB b/c his throwing mechanics are just atrocious.

gtown
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I think 2 2nd rounders is more appealing than a late round 1st from Baltimore. Not sure how much more the Ravens would want to give.

I totally agree here. While I would like to keep Marshall, two 2nd rounders in the top half of the second round, plus a fifth would be a pretty good package and better than the 1st and 3rd. There is so much talent in this draft, and the more picks we get in the top 50, the quicker we will return to contention.

At the top of the second we might be able to grab Iupati or the top OG available, as well as the top 3-4 rush linebacker or DE, or another talent who has fallen.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Mcdaniels had one draft and the players showed flashes they could be good players. It humors me when people just say Mcdaniels can't draft trading for picks is stupid. Listen to what your saying and ask who is the one being stupid.

You replace smaller players with bigger more physical players who fit the new system.

When did I say he can't draft? Trading for picks is stupid.

You want to trade Marshall to get bigger? Riiiiiight.

tsiguy96
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
if they offered those 2 picks for marshall, we need to take that deal immediately.

cmhargrove
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I know there is a lot of conversation going on here, but what if this trade did happen, and Suh was available at the #3 spot? Just save this whole mess as a draft day trade. If Suh is gone, take the two seconds and a fifth.

I think I would take that one.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
if they offered those 2 picks for marshall, we need to take that deal immediately.

Yeah, right. For two seconds? Lets look at what we got in the second this year. Quinn and Smith do not even begin to compare to Marshall. They will not develope into better NFL players than Marshall. Taking picks for an elite talent is about the dumbest thing you can do. Last years trade should have shown us this but people here actually think Orton and Ayers are better than Cutler and Knox. Funny stuff.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I know there is a lot of conversation going on here, but what if this trade did happen, and Suh was available at the #3 spot? Just save this whole mess as a draft day trade. If Suh is gone, take the two seconds and a fifth.

I think I would take that one.

Suh will not be there at 3 unless two teams really screw up. If that was an option, I would take it every day though.

tsiguy96
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, right. For two seconds? Lets look at what we got in the second this year. Quinn and Smith do not even begin to compare to Marshall. They will not develope into better NFL players than Marshall. Taking picks for an elite talent is about the dumbest thing you can do. Last years trade should have shown us this but people here actually think Orton and Ayers are better than Cutler and Knox. Funny stuff.

anyways.

if we get two seconds offered, especially really early seconds like this, we take it for sure.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
anyways.

if we get two seconds offered, especially really early seconds like this, we take it for sure.

We probably will. That is why McDaniels will only coach here for another year or two.

cmhargrove
01-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Suh will not be there at 3 unless two teams really screw up. If that was an option, I would take it every day though.

It's always possible.

What if we could finish the first round with Suh at #3 and Iupati at #11? Both lines get blue chip talent, and we find a new WR in rounds 2-5.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
It's always possible.

What if we could finish the first round with Suh at #3 and Iupati at #11? Both lines get blue chip talent, and we find a new WR in rounds 2-5.

Our lines would dominate and we still have Orton. Failure either way.

I would actually like that trade and those picks though.

oubronco
01-29-2010, 03:29 PM
No. Not trading a Pro Bowl WR makes the most sense to me...

this

tsiguy96
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
We probably will. That is why McDaniels will only coach here for another year or two.

mhmmm, i think at this point you dont even care what you say, you just want to get a reaction from people.

jhns
01-29-2010, 03:32 PM
mhmmm, i think at this point you dont even care what you say, you just want to get a reaction from people.

You think what you want. Trading good players for picks is dumb. I said the same thing all of last year. This isn't something I just came up with.

The Joker
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Makes sense, or would if the Glazers had any interest whatsoever in doing what's best for their teams rather than finding ways to milk their assets for their own personal wealth.

They sold Cristiano Ronaldo for 80 million pounds, and replaced him with a washed up cripple on a free transfer.

Man United are paying 67m pounds a year in interest payments, and are about half a billion in debt. Meanwhile, the club paid over 10 million in "management and administration fees" to companies affiliated to the Glazers.

They're a pack of bloodsucking scumbags, if you really think they're gonna pay out a gigantic contract to Marshall in an uncapped year then you're in for a surprise, IMO.

Chris
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Take a closer look at the talent in this draft (mainly as a result of the uncertainty about next year a lot of very talented underclassmen are declaring that otherwise wouldn't have). Two seconds this year is like two firsts last year.

jhns
01-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Take a closer look at the talent in this draft (mainly as a result of the uncertainty about next year a lot of very talented underclassmen are declaring that otherwise wouldn't have). Two seconds this year is like two firsts last year.

Well, I said the same thing when we traded away our first this year. McDaniels doesn't seem to agree with us.

anton
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM

bad idea. Ruud got absolutely destroyed vs the run this year. The Bucs will likely draft a MLB this year that can be stout vs the run and either trade Ruud or switch him to OLB. He doesnt fit in a 3-4 at all either.

mhgaffney
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
A 1st and a 3rd from Balt would be better than two 2nds from Tampa

TonyR
01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
At the top of the second we might be able to grab Iupati or the top OG available...

I'm pretty sure it will be the "or" since Iupati has moved himself well up into the first by all accounts.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
bad idea. Ruud got absolutely destroyed vs the run this year. The Bucs will likely draft a MLB this year that can be stout vs the run and either trade Ruud or switch him to OLB. He doesnt fit in a 3-4 at all either.

LOL is this a joke? Are you high?

KipCorrington25
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
2nd's would be awesome, we call always use more Richard Quinn and Alphonso Smith types on the roster!

Chris
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Well, I said the same thing when we traded away our first this year. McDaniels doesn't seem to agree with us.

I agree he screwed up and was even arrogant in his approach to the draft last year. But... I think he's a smart guy and is learning from his mistakes. I'd think hard about taking the two seconds.

Killericon
01-29-2010, 07:32 PM

Do you get what the draft is?

gunns
01-29-2010, 07:42 PM
LOL is this a joke? Are you high?

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing. We wished one of our guys got demolished like that. Sheesh.

Suh probably wouldn't be available at 3 but McCoy may be. Wouldn't mind getting Iupati either if we stay at 11.

SportinOne
01-29-2010, 09:08 PM
I still don't understand it when I see things like this pop up. He is a restricted free agent.

The very least we can get for him this offseason is a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.

DivineLegion
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
2 seconds and 4th would be fair compensation, and to add the cherry on the top we go out and sign Antonio Bryant. What this team needs is depth on both lines and you know where 90% of those players come from...You guessed it the SECOND round that would be freaking phenominal. Having 3 2nd round picks would give us so much flexability. We could take BPA in round one, grab a guard, a center, a NT in the second, WR in the third, and with our fourth take one of the big uglies from ECU. Thats exactly the kind of draft this orginization needs!

dbfan21
01-30-2010, 08:16 AM
8')

jhns
01-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Do you get what the draft is?

What is it? If you say a crapshoot, you just made my point. If you say it takes a lot of players 2-3 years to get good, you just made my point. Maybe you dont agree with it, but it is still why I don't like giving up proven talents for picks.

broncswin
01-30-2010, 08:51 AM
What is it? If you say a crapshoot, you just made my point. If you say it takes a lot of players 2-3 years to get good, you just made my point. Maybe you dont agree with it, but it is still why I don't like giving up proven talents for picks.

what if that proven talent is a ticking time bomb...so you give this guy a ton of money on say a three year deal...you think he will just be quiet and do his job for that whole time?

Hamrob
01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I love Brandon Marshall, just like I loved Steve Watson. Both guys are tremendous receivers in their own ways. Watson was always open and could catch anything. Marshall is a beast who presents headaches for defensive backs. Both guys though were/are possession receivers. Sure, both guys have caught the long ball, but that's not or was not their specialty.

That being said, replacing Marshall is doable. Sure, his replacement won't provide you with the same flair as does BM...but you can plug a guy in who can catch 70-80 balls for you and then start utilizing a guy like Royal more (as they should have).

Losing Marshall really won't be as bad as some of us may think. And, regardless of what we think or want for that matter...we need to come to grips with the fact...that he's as good as gone. There's less than a 10% chance that he remains in Denver. Therefore, we need to get the most we can and be done with it.

Moreover, if we can get a #1 and a #3 or #4....or if we can get 2 #2's for Marshall, we can set ourselves up nicely. If we end up with 3 or 4 picks in the top 45...we should be able to get a starting guard, starting LB, starting NT and another starter of our choice...perhaps a center or a WR. This draft is strong. The only way we blow this draft...is if we try to get cute.

Drafting Tebow, would be us trying to get cute. Look, Tebow very well could pan out...but we're not in a position to take chances. We need to take guys who are low risk and can develop quickly...guys liek McClain, Iupati, bryant, Dan Williams etc.

Just my thinking anyway.

Paladin
01-30-2010, 09:33 AM

Draft is the best way to build. You miss some yrs, hit others, get unlucky here, lucky there etc etc. There are a lot of good players in the NFL who had poor first seasons and went on to be good players. Probably just as many who had great first seasons then went on to be avg.

The point of the extra picks is to use them to build teams from the bottom up. You replace smaller players with bigger more physical players who fit the new system.

Besides Broncos may want to spend money if FA, and then have 3-4 lower picks for Marshall they can use to fill out the team. We always want to say it's Portis for Bailey who won the trade etc. But really making moves frees you up to make other moves. So they ripple through the roster and IMO fans don't think big when it comes to the overall makeup of the team. They just look for the flash.

Broncos need interior olineman so they can establish the run game. Broncos need more size inside on defense. Broncos need a more athletic Dend to make it even tougher to block the outisde pass rushers. With a bunch of extra picks you can hope to maybe find some players who at some point help you in those areas. Throw in a few FA that can help quicker and the team could easily be stronger next yr on offense even without Marshall. It sucks things aren't working out with him, but by now we should all be used to it.

Agree. Good post. :thumbsup:

gyldenlove
01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I love Brandon Marshall, just like I loved Steve Watson. Both guys are tremendous receivers in their own ways. Watson was always open and could catch anything. Marshall is a beast who presents headaches for defensive backs but being a WR is all about long balls so they are really not that good.

That being said, replacing Marshall is doable. Sure, his replacement won't provide you with the same flair as does BM...but you can plug a guy in who can catch 30-40 balls fewer than Marshall for you and then start changing our offensive scheme (as they should have).

Losing Marshall really won't be as bad as some of us may think. And, regardless of what we think or want for that matter...we need to come to grips with the fact...that I just made up some numbers. Therefore, we need to get the most we can and be done with it.

Moreover, if we can get a #1 and a #3 or #4....or if we can get 2 #2's for Marshall, we can draft horribly again. If we end up with 3 or 4 picks in the top 45...we should be able to get an undersized CB to fill in the bottom of the depth chart, a pass rusher who can't sack the QB and a TE who is so good he has to be on special teams to get on the field...perhaps a center or a WR. This draft is strong. The only way we blow this draft...is if we do what we did last year.

Drafting Tebow, would be us trying to get cute. Look, Tebow most likely won't pan out...but we're not in a position to take chances. We need to take guys who are low risk and can develop quickly...guys liek McClain, Iupati, bryant, Dan Williams etc.

Just my thinking anyway.

Fixed it for you.

gyldenlove
01-30-2010, 09:39 AM
2 seconds and 4th would be fair compensation, and to add the cherry on the top we go out and sign Antonio Bryant. What this team needs is depth on both lines and you know where 90% of those players come from...You guessed it the SECOND round that would be freaking phenominal. Having 3 2nd round picks would give us so much flexability. We could take BPA in round one, grab a guard, a center, a NT in the second, WR in the third, and with our fourth take one of the big uglies from ECU. Thats exactly the kind of draft this orginization needs!

Why is it that people who think Marshall is a problem child is perfectly happy adding a guy who is a bit of second hand pot smoke away from being banned for at least 16 games, a guy who has had 2 decent seasons in 8 years and is unhappy with his current contract and has publicly critizised his team for his contract.

Doesn't that seem a bit self contradictory?

DivineLegion
01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Why is it that people who think Marshall is a problem child is perfectly happy adding a guy who is a bit of second hand pot smoke away from being banned for at least 16 games, a guy who has had 2 decent seasons in 8 years and is unhappy with his current contract and has publicly critizised his team for his contract.

Doesn't that seem a bit self contradictory?

Because I don't see Brandon as being a major problem, a distraction at times yes. I would love to keep the kid, but only if that's what he wants. At this point it seems inevitable that he is gone so what are going to do. You have to replace the guys production some how and if it means bringing in a guy who's one joint away from a year long suspension so be it. As long as he keeps his head above water long enough for the Broncos to find another WR I'm ok with it.

gyldenlove
01-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Because I don't see Brandon as being a major problem, a distraction at times yes. I would love to keep the kid, but only if that's what he wants. At this point it seems inevitable that he is gone so what are going to do. You have to replace the guys production some how and if it means bringing in a guy who's one joint away from a year long suspension so be it. As long as he keeps his head above water long enough for the Broncos to find another WR I'm ok with it.

I just don't see the sense in paying a guy like Antonio Bryant when you could pay Marshall. Marshall knows the system, the other players and is clearly a better and younger player than Bryant.

I could see the logic in saying that we don't need to pay a number 1 WR and let Marshall go for that reason, that would be self consistent, if maybe not a great move but at least that is debatable.

The logic in saying we have a great young WR who is highly productive, now we are going to get rid of him and replace him with an old WR who can't match that level of production, and we are going to pay good money for the privilidge - it just seems idiotic to me.

barryr
01-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd draft Tebow, but as a FB/TE, not as a QB. He will not be a good QB in the NFL.

I doubt Tampa would trade so many picks for just one player considering how much talent they need on that roster. A team needing a WR who doesn't have so many needs is the likely trade partner.

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Seattle and Indy are my top 2 places for BM

Chris
01-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd draft Tebow, but as a FB/TE, not as a QB. He will not be a good QB in the NFL.

I doubt Tampa would trade so many picks for just one player considering how much talent they need on that roster. A team needing a WR who doesn't have so many needs is the likely trade partner.

Except the Glazers have all their eggs in the Man U basket and just want to sell tickets. Case in point - Kellen Winslow JR's big signing last year.

barryr
01-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Except the Glazers have all their eggs in the Man U basket and just want to sell tickets. Case in point - Kellen Winslow JR's big signing last year.

I doubt Marshall helps much in selling tickets.

tsiguy96
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM

with a young QB, they would definitely consider it. they need to take some pressure off him, having a guy like marshall there would help.

TonyR
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Seattle and Indy are my top 2 places for BM

That would be funny to get our 1st round pick back from Seattle!

As for Indy, they have no need for Marshall with Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Gonzalez (on IR).

denvernut1
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
i think we should get their 1st n 3rd. we can then get mcoy n mclain in da 1st rd. a interior line in da second wr in the 3rd n mayb tebow if he still their...

Chris
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
i think we should get their 1st n 3rd. we can then get mcoy n mclain in da 1st rd. a interior line in da second wr in the 3rd n mayb tebow if he still their...

After I read through you're bizarrely abbreviated post... I am now ready to respond. Mccoy may drop as far as the 3rd round.

gunns
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
After I read through you're bizarrely abbreviated post... I am now ready to respond. Mccoy may drop as far as the 3rd round.

Why?

TonyR
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Why?

I think he's talking about Colt McCoy and you're talking about Gerald McCoy?

gunns
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I think he's talking about Colt McCoy and you're talking about Gerald McCoy?

Ahhh, thanks.

DivineLegion
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I just don't see the sense in paying a guy like Antonio Bryant when you could pay Marshall. Marshall knows the system, the other players and is clearly a better and younger player than Bryant.

I could see the logic in saying that we don't need to pay a number 1 WR and let Marshall go for that reason, that would be self consistent, if maybe not a great move but at least that is debatable.

The logic in saying we have a great young WR who is highly productive, now we are going to get rid of him and replace him with an old WR who can't match that level of production, and we are going to pay good money for the privilidge - it just seems idiotic to me.

The problem is however I don't think we have any other option at this point. This is the exact same situation as when Jay was traded to the Bears in the sense that there is really no other option but to hope for the best at this point. Trust me I believe Brandon is a rare talent...we haven't had this sort of production from a receiver sense 2000. But when you take a step back and look at it whats going to happen is probably better for both sides. Brandon has shown inconsistency and at times a really negative attitude. At other times the guy has been beyond dominant and in what was probably one of the biggest games of the season broke an NFL record. So its almost a catch 22; damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't think this problem is squarely on Josh's shoulders either, Brandon has been trying to get himself a new gig and a new contract for quite awhile now. I have a feeling if Brandon would have stayed out of trouble Mike would have traded him right when he was starting to peak for some 26yo future Hall of Famer that would solidify a position that he sucked at drafting.

This whole thing sucks really.