PDA

View Full Version : Maybe good idea we didn't take Rey Rey

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 09:03 AM
http://deadspin.com/5459668/rey-maualuga-gets-head-start-on-offseason-with-dui

He was with an 18 year old and an underage lady, silly cops messed up what was probably gonna be a fun nigth for Rey Rey.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far Alphonso Smith hasn't caused any trouble?

Just sayin

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Poor guy had to get drafted by the bengals. Nature vs Nurture. lol

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 09:15 AM
So instead of good players, we want guys who "don't cause any trouble" but also get beaten out by past-their-prime players like Ty Law?

Interesting development.

WolfpackGuy
01-29-2010, 09:15 AM
"Driving a 2003 Sunfire!"

LOL

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2010, 09:19 AM
So instead of good players, we want guys who "don't cause any trouble" but also get beaten out by past-their-prime players like Ty Lawson?

Interesting development.

I believe you may have your Denver-area professional athletes named Ty mixed up.
"Ty 'I'm the law,' Son"
-Scott "How did I land this job?" Hastings.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 09:19 AM
So instead of good players, we want guys who "don't cause any trouble" but also get beaten out by past-their-prime players like Ty Lawson?

Interesting development.

The Ghost of Ty Law's Career is a dominant force in the Denver Parks and Recreation Flag Football League. Absolutely. Dominant.

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I believe you may have your Denver-area professional athletes named Ty mixed up.
"Ty 'I'm the law,' Son"
-Scott "How did I land this job?" Hastings.

HAH, I'm retarded. I know I did that a couple times during the season, too.

Sorry Mr. Lawson!

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
HAH, I'm retarded. I know I did that a couple times during the season, too.

Sorry Mr. Lawson!

Lol it's all good.

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 09:25 AM
So instead of good players, we want guys who "don't cause any trouble" but also get beaten out by past-their-prime players like Ty Law?

Interesting development.

Not sure if you know this, but I was one of the biggest supporters of drafting Rey Rey.

However I was just throwing it out there that yes, I would rather take a player who openly admitted to his teammates, fans and the media that the game overwhelmed him this year and will make sure it doesn't happen again, rather than a player who is spending his off season drinking under the influence with an 18 year old and a minor.

BMarsh had enough character issues for the Denver franchise for years to come.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Not sure if you know this, but I was one of the biggest supporters of drafting Rey Rey.

However I was just throwing it out there that yes, I would rather take a player who openly admitted to his teammates, fans and the media that the game overwhelmed him this year and will make sure it doesn't happen again, rather than a player who is spending his off season drinking under the influence with an 18 year old and a minor.

BMarsh had enough character issues for the Denver franchise for years to come.

Somewhere in the "good guy" sphere I'd like for the player to have some ability to actually play NFL football. I'm a good guy, whoopty ****...unless McKid wants to pay me to be a good guy for the Broncos. I can do that...for relatively little $.

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Somewhere in the "good guy" sphere I'd like for the player to have some ability to actually play NFL football. I'm a good guy, whoopty ****...unless McKid wants to pay me to be a good guy for the Broncos. I can do that...for relatively little $.

You know it's not either/or right? I mean, you can find players who aren't complete douches yet are highly competent.

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 09:45 AM

Who says Alphonso Smith has no ability? Because he didn't start this year or dominate his rookie season you're writing him off? You got to be kidding me. Firstly, he had the opportunity to learn behind Champ, Goodman, and Ty Law all year instead of being forced into a situation that he wasn't ready for. I thin it takes great maturity to do what he did, and openly admit he wasn't ready. In fact I remember Dawkins and Champ commenting on that very same topic.

Now if you're gonna be part of that group that's pissed off we let MoFo go and kept Alphonso, then you'll never be happy. But I seem to remember MoFo getting burned quite frequently, and the only thing he ever did for our team was give us a cool nickname to call him by.

Don't close the book after a rookie campaign where he got to watch/learn behind 2 legend CB's, 1 very good CB, and was mentored by one of the great safeties of all time.

WolfpackGuy
01-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd still much rather have Rey Rey.

Wasn't Fonzie drafted to do some returning as well to let Royal concentrate on receiving?

That makes that trade even MORE assinine.

TheDave
01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Luckily for Cinci "Rey Rey" isn't costing them the 14th pick in the draft this year.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Who says Alphonso Smith has no ability? Because he didn't start this year or dominate his rookie season you're writing him off? You got to be kidding me. Firstly, he had the opportunity to learn behind Champ, Goodman, and Ty Law all year instead of being forced into a situation that he wasn't ready for. I thin it takes great maturity to do what he did, and openly admit he wasn't ready. In fact I remember Dawkins and Champ commenting on that very same topic.

Now if you're gonna be part of that group that's pissed off we let MoFo go and kept Alphonso, then you'll never be happy. But I seem to remember MoFo getting burned quite frequently, and the only thing he ever did for our team was give us a cool nickname to call him by.

Don't close the book after a rookie campaign where he got to watch/learn behind 2 legend CB's, 1 very good CB, and was mentored by one of the great safeties of all time.

For the price paid, yeah, I expect him to be able to get on the field in nickel situations..at least. The Ghost of Ty Law's Career (GoTLC) was brought in after it became clear that Fonzi couldn't cover my grandma's douchebag in a telephone booth let alone NFL receivers. He'll be a journeyman at best.

I'm not pissed we let MF go, I'm pissed we gave up a top 15 pick to get a guy who couldn't get on the field in front of the GoTLC. He should be a contributor at the very least.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Luckily for Cinci "Rey Rey" isn't costing them the 14th pick in the draft this year.

This is much better than what I said. :thumbsup:

SportinOne
01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Smith could be good. He could also continue to look slow, not very agile, and incompetent in coverage even while he is supposed to be improving. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see the names that we COULD have had had we not traded him, though. Also, when Brandon Marshall (who despite being somewhat of an ego-maniac has never really hurt the team) gets let go for a 1st and a 3rd, it will be interesting to ponder what spot we could have traded up to with three 1st round picks, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

At some point, you just want McDaniels to make a move in which everyone can say, "Good, finally, thank you." Dawkins was a move like that. Probably the only one.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Smith could be good. He could also continue to look slow, not very agile, and incompetent in coverage even while he is supposed to be improving. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see the names that we COULD have had had we not traded him, though. Also, when Brandon Marshall (who despite being somewhat of an ego-maniac has never really hurt the team) gets let go for a 1st and a 3rd, it will be interesting to ponder what spot we could have traded up to with three 1st round picks, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

At some point, you just want McDaniels to make a move in which everyone can say, "Good, finally, thank you." Dawkins was a move like that. Probably the only one.

The first Nolan move was like that for me. I thought it was a sound decision to bring in a respected guy like that with a good track record of respect, pedigree, and defenses who also had some background in Bronco football.

The second Nolan move only served to fuel my fears that McKid is in way over his head.

WolfpackGuy
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM

Hill, Goodman, and Holliday to a lesser extent were also decent moves.

The thing with Smith was when he was on the field, something bad seemed to happen. (i.e. Ravens, @Cheaps, Colts games)

I would've preferred to have that other first rounder this year.

jhns
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM

The thing with Smith was when he was on the field, something bad seemed to happen. (i.e. Ravens, @Cheaps, Colts games)

Goodman really impressed me. I had no idea he could play like that. This team was very good in FA last season. The trades and draft are a different story. I get that it takes time for picks to develope but you should see much more impact than we did when you spend 3 firsts and 2 seconds. The only reason this worries me is free agency will be lacking this year, and probably next year as well. We will need to do a much better job drafting.

I don't care what anyone says. You can't defend the Smith trade. That is a "win now" move and we didn't win. He didn't even have any positive impact. We showed we are a rebuilding team. You NEVER trade future firsts when you are rebuilding. I don't get why McDaniels or anyone here ever thought that was a good move.

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
He was with an 18 year old and an underage lady, silly cops messed up what was probably gonna be a fun nigth for Rey Rey.

Probably just driving them home after a nice low-key party in Leinart's hot tub.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
For the price paid, yeah, I expect him to be able to get on the field in nickel situations..at least. The Ghost of Ty Law's Career (GoTLC) was brought in after it became clear that Fonzi couldn't cover my grandma's douchebag in a telephone booth let alone NFL receivers. He'll be a journeyman at best.

I'm not pissed we let MF go, I'm pissed we gave up a top 15 pick to get a guy who couldn't get on the field in front of the GoTLC. He should be a contributor at the very least.

Ya but you still gotta give him another year to show himself. Some teams trade up in the first 10 picks in the first round for a guy that needs a year or two to develop. Especially QB's , and dont say its because its a different position.

jhns
01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Ya but you still gotta give him another year to show himself. Some teams trade up in the first 10 picks in the first round for a guy that needs a year or two to develop. Especially QB's , and dont say its because its a different position.

Do you have an example of a team that traded into the top 10 for a guy that didn't play and contribute the first year? Better yet, how about a relevant example of a team trading a future first for a guy that didn't contribute.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Do you have an example of a team that traded into the top 10 for a guy that didn't play and contribute the first year? Better yet, how about a relevant example of a team trading a future first for a guy that didn't contribute.

yes, I will give you a recent one. Darrel "Revis Island" They traded up in the first round and he took more then 1 year to develop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nfl_draft_2007

There are a ton on here if you look at every year.

Falcons traded up for Michael Vick, he took a few years to develop. There are many at every position

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 10:46 AM

baltimore in 2006 traded up to get Ngata, he took a few years to become a stud like he is now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 10:47 AM

Pitt in this draft traded up to get Santonio Holmes, he took a year or so to develop

Garcia Bronco
01-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Age of consent in Ky is 16

snowspot66
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of examples. Tons of first round guys don't do anything their first year. Mario Williams was nearly run out of Houston after his first year.

We have a rookie CB that couldn't start over Champ or Goodman. Big surprise. He had the nickle spot mostly to himself until his ankle got hurt. You don't think that didn't effect things? Of course Law was able to come in and replace him. He's a veteran and he has experience with New England and it's defense. Champ says it all the time. What he's lost physically he makes up with mentally. Law wasn't a good player in this league for so many years because he was a physical freak. He uses his head too you know.

snowspot66
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Pitt in this draft traded up to get Santonio Holmes, he took a year or so to develop

I'm pretty sure fans thought he was a big disappointment that year If I recall.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of examples. Tons of first round guys don't do anything their first year. Mario Williams was nearly run out of Houston after his first year.

We have a rookie CB that couldn't start over Champ or Goodman. Big surprise. He had the nickle spot mostly to himself until his ankle got hurt. You don't think that didn't effect things? Of course Law was able to come in and replace him. He's a veteran and he has experience with New England and it's defense. Champ says it all the time. What he's lost physically he makes up with mentally. Law wasn't a good player in this league for so many years because he was a physical freak. He uses his head too you know.

Ya there are many examples of first round/ second round teams that trade up for a player that takes a year or so to develop. I listed a few examples on page 1.

jhns
01-29-2010, 10:51 AM
yes, I will give you a recent one. Darrel "Revis Island" They traded up in the first round and he took more then 1 year to develop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nfl_draft_2007

There are a ton on here if you look at every year.

Falcons traded up for Michael Vick, he took a few years to develop. There are many at every position

Umm, you just named me guys that started their rookie year....

Rohirrim
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
You know it's not either/or right? I mean, you can find players who aren't complete douches yet are highly competent.

Yep. Look at Peyton Manning and Phyllis Rivers.

Sorry. I thought you said "...who ARE complete douches..."

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2010, 10:54 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo4kDrWBa6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo4kDrWBa6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
01-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Unless she's your first cousin. Then it's thirteen.

jhns
01-29-2010, 10:55 AM

So much for that whole top 10, trading future firsts, and contributing in their first year argument huh? You just went in some random direction with this. This one doesn't fit anything we have talked about here.

You have yet to give a single example that fits what we talked about. Your examples all contributed as rookies, some even starting. That isn't even mentioning that those teams didn't give up close to as much as we did.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:00 AM

The examples you just gave were not from teams that gave up their future for their now. They stayed where they were and made their picks. They left their future firsts alone so they could have far better prospects than what was in the second round of those years...

I never said one thing about him needing to start. He didn't even show promise. He hurt the team far more than he helped them. Want to dispute that? Name me his good plays. I will list the ones that hurt us. We will see who has the bigger list. The refs had to ready their whistles every time Smith took the field.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Umm, you just named me guys that started their rookie year....

you didnt say start, you just said the had to be a huge contribution their rookie year when the team traded up for them, when that is not always the case. Some players, start or not, might not be a huge contribution their rookie year, even if the team traded up to get them.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Probably just driving them home after a nice low-key party in Leinart's hot tub.

Unconfirmed reports say Mark Chmura was there and approved the venue.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:05 AM
you didnt say start, you just said the had to be a huge contribution their rookie year when the team traded up for them, when that is not always the case. Some players, start or not, might not be a huge contribution their rookie year, even if the team traded up to get them.

I didn't say huge contribution. I said get on the f'ing field in nickel situations ahead of the GoTLC. A top 15 pick should be able to do that and develop at the same time.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I didn't say huge contribution. I said get on the f'ing field in nickel situations ahead of the GoTLC. A top 15 pick should be able to do that and develop at the same time.

Kinda like when the Broncos traded up for Jay Cutler in the top 15 and he sat the bench most of the year?

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM

LOL

I guess we are done here....

"The starter isn't a contributer!"

Anyways, you might want to check your first examples because even with your insane spin, they don't fit.

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Just because he didn't start over Champ, Ty Law, Andre Goodman, doesn't mean he sucks. Ty Law has enough experience he is automatically rated above any rookie. I thought it was smart just putting Alphonso on the bench and pretty much saying,,, watch and learn, because next year he is expected to contribute.

The argument here has swayed. I was only pointing out, we may have dodged a bullet "character wise" by not drafting Rey Rey.

By the way, you got owned by Peoples Champ.....Owned!!

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Alphonso was not a top 15 pick idiot. He was an early second. WHo says an early second has to contribute the first year?

I understand we gave up the 14th of this years but that doesn't bump him up to a top 15 pick just because we had a crappy season. He was a 30 something pick, plain and simple.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Kinda like when the Broncos traded up for Jay Cutler in the top 15 and he sat the bench most of the year?

Your examples are hoorible. "I will tell you a guy that was top 15 and didn't get off the bench to contribute his rookie year. Jay Cutler, the guy that got off the bench and contributed his rookie year."

What?

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Your examples are hoorible. "I will tell you a guy that was top 15 and didn't get off the bench to contribute his rookie year. Jay Cutler, the guy that got off the bench and contributed his rookie year."

What?

By contributing do you mean blowing a 7-4 record to finish out of the playoffs?

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Alphonso was not a top 15 pick idiot. He was an early second. WHo says an early second has to contribute the first year?

I understand we gave up the 14th of this years but that doesn't bump him up to a top 15 pick just because we had a crappy season. He was a 30 something pick, plain and simple.

We gave up a first round pick for your admittedly "30 something" pick. Well played.

We ended up giving up a top 15 pick for Fonzi so he should perform. He could not get on the field...at all. That is a failure of a pick. Furthermore, McKid has come out and flat said they didn't do an adequate job of scouting last year so WTF was he doing trading a first to move up in the second to get a third rate talent when they hadn't even done the adequate scouting? It was a mistake plain and simple. Rey Rey would have been better. For the season Fonzi had, I would have been better.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM

No, I mean contributing like blowing a 6-0 record and finishing out of the playoffs.

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2010, 11:17 AM
If you are going to equate Smith to a 14th pick THIS SEASON, then everything he did last year was simply a warmup and we don't have to start measuring him until this season, which would be the normal rookie season for the 14th pick in THIS draft.

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
We ended up giving up a top 15 pick for Fonzi so he should perform. He could not get on the field...at all.

Fail.

He played corner in 8 games and played special teams in 15 games last year.

WolfpackGuy
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM

That 2006 team was already on the decline by the 3rd quarter of the first Chuggers game.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 11:20 AM

What?

Oh ya Cutler contributed by completing many passes to the other team.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM

No I mean upping the offenses output in every way while having to deal with a team full of injuries and a crap defense.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of contribute a little more. Every one of your examples was depended on far more than Smith was. Every one of them went up their depth chart or were starters from day one. Smith went down our depth chart after starting at 3.... None of those examples gave up even close to what we did and all of them at least took first round prospects when giving up extra stuff. We took a second round player after giving up a bunch. None of those teams gave up future firsts for a player that didn't start.

Nice attempt but you are coming up way short here.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
No I mean upping the offenses output in every way while having to deal with a team full of injuries and a crap defense.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of contribute a little more. Every one of your examples was depended on far more than Smith was. Every one of them went up their depth chart or were starters from day one. Smith went down our depth chart after starting at 3.... None of those examples gave up even close to what we did and all of them at least took first round prospects when giving up extra stuff. We took a second round player after giving up a bunch. None of those teams gave up future firsts for a player that didn't start.

Nice attempt but you are coming up way short here.

ya since Champ started infront of Smith, Smith should have switched positions to Safety so he can contribute, oh wait Dawkins, well he should have switched to Linebacker so he could have contributed.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh ya Cutler contributed by completing many passes to the other team.

Good one! I bet that comeback changes the fact that he started after the team traded a bunch for him, right? This original, clever comeback proves all of your points no matter how unreasonable.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
ya since Champ started infront of Smith, Smith should have switched positions to Safety so he can contribute, oh wait Dawkins, well he should have switched to Linebacker so he could have contributed.

Yes, my entire argument was that he didn't start over Champ. Does starting to act like a 5 year old mean you know you are wrong?

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Fail.

You know what? I think you may be right. I only took notice of him when he was getting beat like Bob's dong on free porn night.

Dude couldn't cover my grandma in a phone booth.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:27 AM

He could have contributed in lieu of having to bring in the GoTLC to play nickel for him. He could have contributed there. But he wasn't good enough, won't be good enough and should probably just go bag groceries at KingSuper's.

jhns
01-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Fail.

And only like 5 of his penalties were before the snap on special teams! That has to count for something!

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
He could have contributed in lieu of having to bring in the GoTLC to play nickel for him. He could have contributed there. But he wasn't good enough, won't be good enough and should probably just go bag groceries at KingSuper's.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I am not ready to write off Alphonso Smith yet and you are. We are just different opinions. I guess he is still on the team, so the broncos are with my opinion.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I guess we will agree to disagree. I am not ready to write off Alphonso Smith yet and you are. We are just different opinions. I guess he is still on the team, so the broncos are with my opinion.

Fair enough. I thought my Mark Chmura comment would get more play. Dude was a douchebag.

Underage chicks+hot tub=Chewey time.

gunns
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM

And we're still hoping that will be Smith, as it isn't yet.

TheDave
01-29-2010, 12:17 PM
If you are going to equate Smith to a 14th pick THIS SEASON, then everything he did last year was simply a warmup and we don't have to start measuring him until this season, which would be the normal rookie season for the 14th pick in THIS draft.

That's some freakishly twisted logic there... Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
That's some freakishly twisted logic there... Hilarious!

Twisted? Some are calling him a second round pick, which is accurate. Others are saying that we should be calling him a first round pick, because that is what we gave up for him. If we are going to do that, then it means we shouldn't start grading him down for anything he did or didn't do before that pick would've been used anyway IMO.

bronco610
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm confused ??? If we say he was basically a first round pick its okay because he needs time to grow and improve but if he is a second round pick he should of been able to contribute more and make an impact......... What?

TheDave
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Twisted? Some are calling him a second round pick, which is accurate. Others are saying that we should be calling him a first round pick, because that is what we gave up for him. If we are going to do that, then it means we shouldn't start grading him down for anything he did or didn't do before that pick would've been used anyway IMO.

Like I said... Twisted.

Here are the facts:

He was a 2nd round pick in 2009

He played poorly durring the 2009 season and was replaced by a retired player and UDFA.

He is costing us the 14th pick in the 2010 draft.

Everything else is just twisted logic.

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
We gave up a first round pick for your admittedly "30 something" pick. Well played.

We ended up giving up a top 15 pick for Fonzi so he should perform. He could not get on the field...at all. That is a failure of a pick. Furthermore, McKid has come out and flat said they didn't do an adequate job of scouting last year so WTF was he doing trading a first to move up in the second to get a third rate talent when they hadn't even done the adequate scouting? It was a mistake plain and simple. Rey Rey would have been better. For the season Fonzi had, I would have been better.

I wasn't sure if you were an idiot or not till I hit the bold.

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm confused ??? If we say he was basically a first round pick its okay because he needs time to grow and improve but if he is a second round pick he should of been able to contribute more and make an impact......... What?

I usually give a player at least one year to develop, no matter what round he was drafted in, no matter what his expectations were coming into the league, no matter if the team traded up to get him.

You gotta give them a chance to prove themselves.

bronco610
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I usually give a player at least one year to develop, no matter what round he was drafted in, no matter what his expectations were coming into the league, no matter if the team traded up to get him.

You gotta give them a chance to prove themselves.

Thats kinda what I thought. Unless of course denver picks them and then all players in the first, second, or third round must become absolute super stars. People on the Mane said the same thing about shanny's picks.

Not the biggest fan of McD. right now but why would any rookie be looked on as a must perform their first year?

Peoples Champ
01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Thats kinda what I thought. Unless of course denver picks them and then all players in the first, second, or third round must become absolute super stars. People on the Mane said the same thing about shanny's picks.

Not the biggest fan of McD. right now but why would any rookie be looked on as a must perform their first year?

me and you are on the same page. I tried to get that across. Some players have huge expectations their rookie year and dont have a good year. Like Mario Williams. He had an average rookie year, now he is a stud. Alphonso still could be a bust, but I will give it another year or so.

bronco610
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
me and you are on the same page. I tried to get that across. Some players have huge expectations their rookie year and dont have a good year. Like Mario Williams. He had an average rookie year, now he is a stud. Alphonso still could be a bust, but I will give it another year or so.

God forbid I say something bad about DW but he got burned plenty his first year and everybody was thrilled with his "POTENTIAL". I believe he would have developed into a stud given the chance. Having said that I wonder what this board would have said had he lived.

supermanhr9
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Fair enough. I thought my Mark Chmura comment would get more play. Dude was a douchebag.

Underage chicks+hot tub=Chewey time.

Dude was a d-bag, you are right.

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I wasn't sure if you were an idiot or not till I hit the bold.

Covered and answered.

I only took notice of Fonzi when he was getting beat like Bob's dong on free porn night.

Dude couldn't cover my grandma in a phone booth.

ColoradoDarin
01-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Trevor Pryce SUCKS, he couldn't even get on the field his rookie season, and unlike Phonz, he actually WAS a first round pick

Paladin
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Tough, You may just have to swallow it. Can you move on?

bronco610
01-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Tough, You may just have to swallow it. Can you move on?

Wait we havn't :deadhorse enough yet !!!

HEAV
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL he's so drunk!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4twHhi8EsOU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4twHhi8EsOU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>