PDA

View Full Version : Your Prediction: Is Brandon Marshall a Bronco next season?

montrose
01-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes or No, not what you want but what do you see happening. Just a few reasons each way:

Why he might be back: The CBA and his circumstances may make getting value in return difficult. Fit well into the offense and seemed to build a relationship with McD until Week 17. Told 104.3 The Fan after the season that he loved McD and would be a Bronco until they told him otherwise.

Why he may be gone: The end-of-the-season incident, perhaps doesn't fit the McD personality profile? Wants more money than the Broncos want to pay. The NE-football model that McD brings is that you don't overpay for WRs.

oubronco
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I think McD and co. will make him happy and pay him cause they know how explosive a playmaker he is

HEAV
01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
He's gone. He's proven to everyone it's all about him. He could care less about winning games. Get him his stats and Pro Bowl spot and most important $$$. His antics at the end of the year closed the window.

Plus the passing attack wasn't missing him in the last game of the year. While many want 1st round pick and he most likey will be comp with a 1st round tender. I bet he could be had for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Great talent, but just not worth the headaches anymore.

Drek
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Its all up to Brandon and the compensation we're offered for him.

If he absolutely refuses to sign in Denver for a fair deal with organizational protections then he'll get shopped. If no team wants to give something good for him then he's back anyways.

Regardless, I don't think we'll see the passing game so focused around Marshall next year, even if he is back. I'm expecting McDaniels to pursue a new deep threat WR to take Royal's place on the wing, move Royal back into the slot role to be his Wes Welker type, and go from there. If Marshall doesn't want to play ball and we find a taker then Gaffney can step in and take his intermediate routes admirably. If Marshall wants to stick around he remains the intermediate chain mover he's been his whole career but we'll stop forcing the ball into him down after down.

Beantown Bronco
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
You might find some of the answers (including your own!) you were looking for here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88777

NFLBRONCO
01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I think Denver wants to move on and they will get a #1 pick for him. I'm hoping for 14 but, more likely Balt Philly or Indy. #1

Boobs McGee
01-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes or No, not what you want but what do you see happening. Just a few reasons each way:

Why he might be back: The CBA and his circumstances may make getting value in return difficult. Fit well into the offense and seemed to build a relationship with McD until Week 17. Told 104.3 The Fan after the season that he loved McD and would be a Bronco until they told him otherwise.
Why he may be gone: The end-of-the-season incident, perhaps doesn't fit the McD personality profile? Wants more money than the Broncos want to pay. The NE-football model that McD brings is that you don't overpay for WRs.

After everything that happened this season, I still think Josh and Brandon's relationship is fine.

Josh was excercising his power as a head coach , i.e. the benching at the beginning and end of the season. I think brandon NEEDS that type of mentorship, and believe they get along much better than the medias portrayal of them currently stands.

He's a beast, and I personally think Josh is willing to put him in his place (and brandon, in turn, is willing to accept the punishment) and stick it out for the long haul because he knows what a tremendous talent he is.

cutthemdown
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
It stands at 100% Marshall is done as a Bronco. He will never play another game as a Bronco outside of the pro bowl.

colonelbeef
01-28-2010, 02:04 PM
He will probably be gone, to the overall detriment of the team.

UberBroncoMan
01-28-2010, 02:53 PM
We're worse without him, but he's gone regardless.

Paladin
01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I think McD and co. will make him happy and pay him cause they know how explosive a playmaker he is

Meh.... He didn't have enough speed, anyway......

:giggle: