PDA

View Full Version : A couple of mock drafts.

jhat01
01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
If this needs to be in the Draft Forum feel free to move it. I was bored this morning and looked at a few sites.

www.draftsite.com has us taking Carlos Dunlap DE Florida, Brandon Spikes ILB Florida, Ed Dickenson TE Oregon , Demaryius Thomas WR GA Tech, Dekoda Watson OLB Florida State (6th),John Skelton QB Fordham(7th), Nick Polk S Indiana(7th).

www.newnfldraft.com has us going McLain, Tony Pike QB Cin, Nate Allen S S.Florida, D'Anthony Smith DT LSU Tech, Mike Neal DE/DT Purdue.

www.walterfootball.com has got Dez Bryant, Corey Wootton, DE/DT Northwestern, Sean Canfield QB Oregon State, Jamar Chaney ILB Mississippi State.

www.draftcountdown.com: Dez Bryant, no other rounds yet.

www.cdsdraft.com: McClain, Dan Williams, Kristofer Odowd C USC.

I would be pretty happy with the first list. Some pretty solid players there. I don't know if you guys have noticed during the last few days on NFLN they have been talking about Denver being a good situation for Tebow..An offensive minded HC who pretty much runs the show that could have a solid plan for him. I can't say that the scenario wouldn't be fun to watch, but we have other holes that need to be filled first IMO.

Paladin
01-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Interesting, but somewhat useless since trades and FA might/will change all that. Still......

WolfpackGuy
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
If the defensive line isn't addressed this draft like it should've been last year, it never will be.

Tim Tebow better not show up in Denver unless it's on a late, late round flyer.

Pony Boy
01-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Can't do a mock draft for Denver until the Marshall situation is cleared up .........it's pointless ............

jhat01
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Can't do a mock draft for Denver until the Marshall situation is cleared up .........it's pointless ............

All mocks are pointless. They are just another piece of the puzzle along with the Senior Bowl and the player rankings. Discussion generators nothing more.

Drek
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd love the first two rounds of that last draft. McClain and Dan Williams would be two massive additions for this front seven. A legit do everything ILB to pair with DJ and a nose who can play all three downs.

jhns
01-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Mock drafts are pointless until after the combine.

JK, just wanted to keep the theme of the thread going.

I have not followed college much this year and need to get caught up on who is who for this draft. Mock drafts are good places to start figuring out who to look at.

BroncoMan4ever
01-28-2010, 05:40 PM
i am in a quandary here. the defense last season is basically why we went 8-8 and the front 7 did begin to get gashed by around week 10, so definitely front 7 is a big need for us, but then i look at the offense. if our interior line was better, i think we would have probably been putting up at least 7 more points per game.

with those thoughts in mind i can't decide if we should go after OL or front 7 in the 1st few rounds of the draft.

elsid13
01-28-2010, 05:45 PM
i am in a quandary here. the defense last season is basically why we went 8-8 and the front 7 did begin to get gashed by around week 10, so definitely front 7 is a big need for us, but then i look at the offense. if our interior line was better, i think we would have probably been putting up at least 7 more points per game.

with those thoughts in mind i can't decide if we should go after OL or front 7 in the 1st few rounds of the draft.

The value and depth in this draft is on the defense line, wide receivers and safeties. So if there is offense linemen we want, we better pick him early because there isn't a lot of depth there. It to bad we didn't make a heavier invest on offense line last draft when there was a lot of quality interior offense linemen.

mhgaffney
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd love the first two rounds of that last draft. McClain and Dan Williams would be two massive additions for this front seven. A legit do everything ILB to pair with DJ and a nose who can play all three downs.

I agree. If these two are as good as the reports say -- they would catapult Denver into a top ten D.

Cool Breeze
01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
If we got those two, we would still need Defensive Ends...

Borks147
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree. If these two are as good as the reports say -- they would catapult Denver into a top ten D.

they already are a top ten D....stats-wise anyways

but yeah - more beef on the line is good

gunns
01-28-2010, 09:02 PM

That's what I was thinking. Walterfootball and draftcountdown, I would puke.

Los Broncos
01-28-2010, 11:02 PM
I like the DE pick and I really hope the d-line is addressed or it might never happen.

Thanks for posting, good stuff.

Killericon
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Please, for the love of god don't take Dez Bryant.

Please.

SureShot
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Please, for the love of god don't take Dez Bryant.

Please.

Why?

Killericon
01-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Why?

Because we've needed to draft a defensive tackle for, well, the entire time I've been a fan. We need guys in the trenches, and we need to add talent to the defense. We can't hope to replace Brandon Marshall, so let's not try. Just sign a Kevin Walter or a Nate Burleson, or even a Chris Chambers.

SureShot
01-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Because we've needed to draft a defensive tackle for, well, the entire time I've been a fan. We need guys in the trenches, and we need to add talent to the defense. We can't hope to replace Brandon Marshall, so let's not try. Just sign a Kevin Walter or a Nate Burleson, or even a Chris Chambers.

I was curious what the the reasoning was I think they should throw money at Wilfork and get the BPA and if that is Dez fine with me.

backup qb
01-29-2010, 06:15 AM
I was listening to Sirius on tues or wed and Pat Kirwin(I believe) was gushing about Dan Williams. Likening him to a BJ Raji type while saying Terrance Cody was more of a Wilfork type.

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/30/mock-draft-defensive-tackles-dominate

PFW's latest (first?) mock, some crazy picks. Has Eric Berry falling to us though!

oubronco
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
when do they do the coinflip?

jhat01
02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/30/mock-draft-defensive-tackles-dominate

PFW's latest (first?) mock, some crazy picks. Has Eric Berry falling to us though!

I would be shocked if Dan Williams fell to Indy.

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I would be shocked if Dan Williams fell to Indy.

No doubt, he made me a fan on the weekend. There's a lot of stuff in that mock that would schock me though.

jhat01
02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
No doubt, he made me a fan on the weekend. There's a lot of stuff in that mock that would schock me though.

Me too. I don't know about you, but Iupati looked much better in the practices than in the game. Especially when he wasn't playing left guard. And Troy knows how to make pass rushers.

OBF1
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
The Iupati hype machine hit full speed before the game was played, As it stands now, if we use a 1st round pick on him I would go ballistic.

strafen
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
If the defensive line isn't addressed this draft like it should've been last year, it never will be.

Tim Tebow better not show up in Denver unless it's on a late, late round flyer.

We will once again be getting some picks nobody saw coming...

What makes sense to everybody, doesn't necessarily makes sense to McDaniels...
Fact!

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Saw a mock recently had us trading back in the 1st with Seattle for our original 1st rounder, we ended up getting these guys:

1. Pierre Paul
2a. Odrick
2b. Asamoah
3. Pike

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Saw a mock recently had us trading back in the 1st with Seattle for our original 1st rounder, we ended up getting these guys:

1. Pierre Paul
2a. Odrick
2b. Asamoah
3. Pike

I would probably take my own life tbqh.

Requiem
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't think that's a bad mock, but I think Asamoah got injured at the Senior Bowl. Definitely better guys available, IMHO -- but Odrick in the second is a nice selection. Pike can kiss my lips.

PRBronco
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't think that's a bad mock, but I think Asamoah got injured at the Senior Bowl. Definitely better guys available, IMHO -- but Odrick in the second is a nice selection. Pike can kiss my lips.

I'd be all over Odrick if we still ran a 4-3, but it sounds like the guy has no sand in his butt to hold his ground against the double teams, like we ask our DEs to.

Requiem
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know about that PR, Odrick had a phenomenal time at the Senior Bowl and showed his strength at the POA and consistency to get around blocks. I don't see that much of Penn State in my neck of the woods, so my knowledge of him is pretty limited. I also heard he busted his hand and ankle in 2007, I wonder if that has any impact on his durability issues or ability to stay healthy as a pro.

gyldenlove
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't know about that PR, Odrick had a phenomenal time at the Senior Bowl and showed his strength at the POA and consistency to get around blocks. I don't see that much of Penn State in my neck of the woods, so my knowledge of him is pretty limited. I also heard he busted his hand and ankle in 2007, I wonder if that has any impact on his durability issues or ability to stay healthy as a pro.

I heard he had problems in 08 with the double teams, but in 09 he took on and beat a lot of double teams from that DT spot. I think he could pack on 10 to 15 pounds, but in the senior bowl he flat out owned 1 on 1 and he didn't give up ground in the double team situations.