PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Give Props to AT&T

That One Guy
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Just got off the phone with a customer service rep and for anyone going to Haiti (or know someone that is), AT&T is waiving the international costs. For those involved, not paying 1.50 a minute makes a world of difference. Unlimited voice until the end of February.

Just like to spread good publicity when a company does ya right.

RhymesayersDU
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
You're going to Haiti? That's seriously awesome.

That One Guy
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Wife got called up. My military time is coming to a close so I'm staying with the kid.

RhymesayersDU
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Ah. Well still very cool.

PaintballCLE
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM
thats because it wont work there........haha screw ATT and their crappy coverage!

Cool about you or your wife going though

That One Guy
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
thats because it wont work there........haha screw ATT and their crappy coverage!

heh... hopefully that's not the case.

And when you live in Hillbilly country like I do, everyone has crappy coverage. I just stick to which company has the best customer service and plans.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-28-2010, 06:07 AM

Nah, man... this old lesbian is telling me that you can surf the web at the same time you're talking on the phone, so their coverage must be fine... or something...

http://www.desinformado.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/att-vs-verizon-side-by-side-ad.jpg

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I have had att/cingluar for many years now with not a single problem! still dont understand the bad coverage commercials and news people try to portray.

It works in colorado, orlando, new mexico, las vegas, arizona, utah and california suits me just fine....now if im goingf to buttf@#% idaho or something maybe there would be a problem, but hey guess what...im not!

titan
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I have had att/cingluar for many years now with not a single problem! still dont understand the bad coverage commercials and news people try to portray.

It works in colorado, orlando, new mexico, las vegas, arizona, utah and california suits me just fine....now if im goingf to

i've had at&t (iphone) since the summer and generally it's been fine. Couldn't get 3G coverage at Invesco during bronco home games, though, for browsing the web.

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 08:51 AM
i've had at&t (iphone) since the summer and generally it's been fine. Couldn't get 3G coverage at Invesco during bronco home games, though, for browsing the web.

really??? I do. In fact I post pictures to twitter and facebook from all the games I go to nuggs broncos etc...

titan
01-28-2010, 09:05 AM
really??? I do. In fact I post pictures to twitter and facebook from all the games I go to nuggs broncos etc...

I heard at&t beefed up their coverage recently - but for the four games I went to (bears preseason, browns, cowboys, pats) couldn't get 3G to work at invesco. Have a friend with an iphone who had the same problem. I'm in the 2nd level end zone, while his seats are 1st level north goal line.

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I heard at&t beefed up their coverage recently - but for the four games I went to (bears preseason, browns, cowboys, pats) couldn't get 3G to work at invesco. Have a friend with an iphone who had the same problem. I'm in the 2nd level end zone, while his seats are 1st level north goal line.

im right near first level north goalline as well, and also posted from inside pepsi center a few times

Doggcow
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Lol it's funny because the Verizon commercials are all blatant lies, but their fanboys are still butthurt they don't have Iphones.

Btw, AT&T is about to sue the **** out of Verizon for those ads lol. Verizon was hoping to make more money over the holiday season than they will lose when they are sued.

Archer81
01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Lol it's funny because the Verizon commercials are all blatant lies, but their fanboys are still butthurt they don't have Iphones.

Btw, AT&T is about to sue the **** out of Verizon for those ads lol. Verizon was hoping to make more money over the holiday season than they will lose when they are sued.

AT&T is mostly based out east. West of the Mississippi they utilize towers Verizon and Sprint have put up, because they dont have many of their own out here. Neither Verizon or AT&T cover 200 million people. Verizon uses CDMA, AT&T uses GSM & TDMA. Verizon tends to be more reliable than AT&T. Also, how many people would give two ****s about AT&T if they did not carry the I-Phone? Even people with the I-Phone hate AT&T for something.

:Broncos:

TonyR
01-28-2010, 10:36 AM

It's well documented the extent to which AT&T sucks, and the lawsuit you reference was dropped because they had no chance to win. The attached article is a good summary.

http://business.theatlantic.com/2009/12/att_drops_verizon_map_ad_lawsuit.php

Doggcow
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
AT&T is mostly based out east. West of the Mississippi they utilize towers Verizon and Sprint have put up, because they dont have many of their own out here. Neither Verizon or AT&T cover 200 million people. Verizon uses CDMA, AT&T uses GSM & TDMA. Verizon tends to be more reliable than AT&T. Also, how many people would give two ****s about AT&T if they did not carry the I-Phone? Even people with the I-Phone hate AT&T for something.

The only people that think Verizon is more reliable are people that have Verizon. I've never once been somewhere with no signal, where one my verizon friends had signal. Ever.

Also $0 a month for unlimited everything from AT&T > Verizon

WolfpackGuy
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Their signal could be better, but Cellular One/Cingular/AT&T has always been good to me.

I'm not sure what their high end plans cost, but their base plans and unlimited internet are reasonable.

Not sure about the iPhone though as I refuse to be one of those Apple sheeple.

Doggcow
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
It's well documented the extent to which AT&T sucks, and the lawsuit you reference was dropped because they had no chance to win. The attached article is a good summary.

http://business.theatlantic.com/2009/12/att_drops_verizon_map_ad_lawsuit.php

That article definitely looks doctored. Should see how much Verizon lined his pockets.

Verizon bought a bunch of Towers out in butt**** montana etc. and is jerking off to their coverage.

How often to you go to butt**** Montana?

And if you do, do you really need 3g while you're hunting?

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM

i dont have an iphone, im using my unlocked g1 on a cheaper then blackberry unlimited plan with att and im very happy. Some months I only use data and hardly any minutes, guess what I take those minutes with me the next month where I might talk triple would I get per month, but dont get billed extra because my rollover. Nature of how I use my phone. Verizon cant do that for me on the rpice I pay now....I asked them. The sales guy tried to reel me in i said heres what I pay heres what I get, he said sorry cant beat that...because the rollover and using many minutes some months and as said just before this, I never have dropped coverage where someone else does have bars, be it tmoble, verizon, cricket, etc...

TonyR
01-28-2010, 10:49 AM
The only people...

Consumer Reports recent rankings of carriers is as follows:
1) Verizon
2) T-Mobile
3) Sprint
4) AT&T

Verizon was #1 in all 26 major metro areas tested.

Archer81
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
i dont have an iphone, im using my unlocked g1 on a cheaper then blackberry unlimited plan with att and im very happy. Some months I only use data and hardly any minutes, guess what I take those minutes with me the next month where I might talk triple would I get per month, but dont get billed extra because my rollover. Nature of how I use my phone. Verizon cant do that for me on the rpice I pay now....I asked them. The sales guy tried to reel me in i said heres what I pay heres what I get, he said sorry cant beat that...because the rollover and using many minutes some months and as said just before this, I never have dropped coverage where someone else does have bars, be it tmoble, verizon, cricket, etc...

You lose your roll over minutes at the start of the new year, you dont get to keep them. I also use my phone for more data than talk, and for that reason Verizon works better for me.

Archer81
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
That article definitely looks doctored. Should see how much Verizon lined his pockets.

Verizon bought a bunch of Towers out in butt**** montana etc. and is jerking off to their coverage.

How often to you go to butt**** Montana?

And if you do, do you really need 3g while you're hunting?

I am sure people who live in Butt**** Montana appreciate having 3G coverage.

PaintballCLE
01-28-2010, 11:30 AM

I phone? Droid all the way......we have flash, hulu, etc works on ours sorry iphone fan boys

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-28-2010, 11:37 AM

AT&T already did sue Verizon. The lawsuit was dismissed because there isn't a word of non-truth in those ads.

Sir_Robin
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM

My dad works for Verizon. They tried suing then "dropped" the suit the next month. (http://www.alligator.org/blogs/advergator/article_9949d7a0-0ae6-11df-8a2b-001cc4c03286.html) Dad says the judge tossed it out when Verizon's lawyers presented their data to support the claim. Verizon's ad's clearly state that the map is 3G coverage - not voice coverage. Where's the blatant lie in that? I find AT&T's ads much more misleading given that they respond to a 3G coverage map with a voice coverage map without saying so.

As for the iPhone - Dad was told by his supervisor's this past week that Verizon will be getting it. I'm looking forward to dumping AT&T for Verizon when that happens. No way I'm giving up my iPhone in the meantime. :)

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 12:08 PM
You lose your roll over minutes at the start of the new year, you dont get to keep them. I also use my phone for more data than talk, and for that reason Verizon works better for me.

soooooooo wrong! unless i am in a grandfathered plan and they still let me, but its new year as we speak and Im looking at over 4000 minutes rollover as we speak.

Rollover Minutes0 of 4292 used Unlimited Usage

ColoradoDarin
01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
soooooooo wrong! unless i am in a grandfathered plan and they still let me, but its new year as we speak and Im looking at over 4000 minutes rollover as we speak.

Rollover Minutes0 of 4292 used Unlimited Usage

On my plan, you get the roll over minutes for 12 months, they drop off after that (ie last year's Jan mins will drop off and they will add this Jan's leftover mins). Thankfully We had about 2000 minutes saved up over prior to when we moved this summer, used up almost all of them when we were in the corporate apartment. It was one of the big reasons I signed up for Cingular years ago.

bfoflcommish
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
On my plan, you get the roll over minutes for 12 months, they drop off after that (ie last year's Jan mins will drop off and they will add this Jan's leftover mins). Thankfully We had about 2000 minutes saved up over prior to when we moved this summer, used up almost all of them when we were in the corporate apartment. It was one of the big reasons I signed up for Cingular years ago.

ok after 12 months yes.....but not at start of new year no. So yes I agree with you when you say after 12 months, but the new year has nothing to do with that like the previous poster had thought. its a rolling 12 months calender