PDA

View Full Version : rex ryan firing five jets assistants

tsiguy96
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/rex-ryan-says-five-jets-assistants-wont-be-back-in-2010/

what is this idiot retard douchebag doing, trying to form his staff the way he wants it? when you fire assistants its because youre a ****ty HC and cant deal with people, duh.

PRBronco
01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Nepotism!! Petulant petulant!! He needs to understand what it means to be a New York Jet.

barryr
01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
What? Making it to the conference championship game and he's letting that many assistants go? Yep, I agree, he's clueless and those assistants are wanting to leave a sinking ship and he can't deal with his coaches and wants things done his way. Oh, he's so power hungry and a dictator. Hmm, where have I heard that said about another coach recently?

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 03:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/rex-ryan-says-five-jets-assistants-wont-be-back-in-2010/

what is this idiot retard douchebag doing, trying to form his staff the way he wants it? when you fire assistants its because youre a ****ty HC and cant deal with people, duh.

He fired one, three had their contracts expire and won't get them renewed, and one took a job at the UT, but by all means don't let that stop you from whatever it is you are trying to prove. :thumbsup:

Popps
01-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Nepotism!! Petulant petulant!! He needs to understand what it means to be a New York Jet.

Hilarious!

Popps
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
He fired one, three had their contracts expire and won't get them renewed, and one took a job at the UT, but by all means don't let that stop you from whatever it is you are trying to prove. :thumbsup:

Umm... clearly, these coaches are trying to get out of the AFC.

McMessyDiapers is tearing the AFC apart!

Gob
01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Best move Rex has made so far! Now he needs to try to trade his turnover prone qb.

BMarsh615
01-25-2010, 03:58 PM
nepotism!! Petulant petulant!! He needs to understand what it means to be a new york jet.

lol

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Man, what a load of fail. Obviously, he blames the failures of this season on his assistants. Wait a minute...

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
I wish Bill Callahan was one of them. I would love him here.

broncocalijohn
01-25-2010, 04:08 PM

maybe Al Davis forgot all about him and once him as the next Raiders HC.

strafen
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM

I guess that rightly justifies the mutiny taking place at Dove Valley

strafen
01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Man, what a load of fail. Obviously, he blames the failures of this season on his assistants. Wait a minute...I don't think the Jets season can be qualified as a failure by any stretch of the imagination.
Our season was an epic failure, and that's what you need to be concerned about...

gtown
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Rex is an amateur. You gotta trade your young promising QB first, then alienate your top skill player, THEN fire assistant coaches in a Stalinist purge.

tsiguy96
01-25-2010, 04:30 PM
I guess that rightly justifies the mutiny taking place at Dove Valley

ROFL!

mutiny, they happen in the NFL all the time, especially to coaches who just went 8-8 in their first year!

Paladin
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Idiots look back. Smarter folks look forward.....

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Continuity!!! Guys, it's all about continuity !!!!

REX RYAN IS FAIL.

Paladin
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Lol!!

Circle Orange
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Talk about kneejerk reaction to a playoff loss...he really did believe his own hype.

And put down the fatburgers, dude...you're starting to look like a float in the Macy's parade. :~ohyah!:

CEH
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Titans just fired their RB coach this after CJ went for 2K

What's the old saying it's not the X's and O's it's the Jimmy and Joes

They asked Barry Switzer how he was able to turn the Oky program around and he summed it up in 4 words "Lucious and Jessie Selmon" (Old wise tale)

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 05:04 PM

Laughable--if McGenius had won his last 5 or 6 games in the regular season--gotten to the playoffs, then to the AFCG--therre would be tangible evidence that his methodology WORKS ..................................

INSTEAD HE PROCEEDED TO LOSE 8 OF HIS LAST 10 GAMES HOMER.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Rex is an amateur. You gotta trade your young promising QB first, then alienate your top skill player, THEN fire assistant coaches in a Stalinist purge.

Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Laughable--if McGenius had won his last 5 or 6 games in the regular season--gotten to the playoffs, then to the AFCG--therre would be tangible evidence that his methodology WORKS ..................................

INSTEAD HE PROCEEDED TO LOSE 8 OF HIS LAST 10 GAMES HOMER.

Oh so if the Eagles and Chiefs decided to rest their players, we'd be cool? We'd be cool if McDaniels came out and said that our playoff hopes are over, when statistically/mathematically it wasn't?

1 playoff win in the last 10 years, get on the Redskins wagon --- :rofl:

Bronx33
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
wrecks ryan strikes.

SportinOne
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Idiots look back. Smarter folks look forward.....

Mark McGwuire, is that you?

TheReverend
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM

AFCCG with a rookie QB?

theAPAOps5
01-25-2010, 06:06 PM

Took the words out of my mouth! He also needs to buy Uncle Rico's time machine and go back in time to get hired at age 32!

Hamrob
01-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Who cares? McDaniels can do whatever he wants to do....he's the head coach....for another season that is. ;-)

theAPAOps5
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Who cares? McDaniels can do whatever he wants to do....he's the head coach....for another season that is. ;-)

Bet its more than one.

TheReverend
01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Bet its more than one.

If it's more than one it means he had a successful season. So let's hope he's around a while.

theAPAOps5
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
If it's more than one it means he had a successful season. So let's hope he's around a while.

I agree and trust me I am not sticking up for him at this point.

Pony Boy
01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
The NFL coach’s fraternity is almost impossible to get into but once you’re in you’re in and no one gets fired, just moved around. That's why they call it a Coaches Merry go Round.

TheReverend
01-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree and trust me I am not sticking up for him at this point.

Eh. I don't really care about any of that. I just want to see offensive growth in year 2 and the defense to not skip a beat without Nolan.

bronco militia
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM

bwhahaha

Dr.5280
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
We will give you Orton. You give us a first and a third plus throw in Sanchez. Deal?

Dr.5280
01-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Now you want our fifth too. Let me talk to Pat. We might have something.

Jason in LA
01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Talk about a spin job to start this tread. It's like a totally different story. Only one of them fired. None of them looked like they were high up on the pecking order. One was an assistant DBs coach, one was an assistant QBs coach, one was a quality control coach, and one was a consultant. But read this thread and you'd think that the offensive and defensive coordinators were fired.

This thread is really lame.

Hulamau
01-25-2010, 10:44 PM
AFCCG with a rookie QB?

You make a good point when you have a stud intact offensive and defensive line even a guy like Rex Ryan and a rookie QB with more INTS than TDs can get to the CG ...

TheReverend
01-25-2010, 11:02 PM
You make a good point when you have a stud intact offensive and defensive line even a guy like Rex Ryan and a rookie QB with more INTS than TDs can get to the CG ...

Rex's unit/team have dragged 2 rookie QBs to the AFCCG in 2 consecutive seasons.

I'd say he's doing okay. :thumbsup:

watermock
01-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Talk about a spin job to start this tread. It's like a totally different story. Only one of them fired. None of them looked like they were high up on the pecking order. One was an assistant DBs coach, one was an assistant QBs coach, one was a quality control coach, and one was a consultant. But read this thread and you'd think that the offensive and defensive coordinators were fired.

This thread is really lame.

Indeed.

Mogulseeker
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Wasn't he the "Dumbest team in America" guy?

woodall
01-25-2010, 11:42 PM

You forgot trade next year's first round pick for a small corner.

watermock
01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
You forgot trade next year's first round pick for a small corner.

Small, SLOW corner, and a slow blocking TE....

In fact Denver had zero impact players from the draft.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Wasn't he the "Dumbest team in America" guy?

Yes that is him and he has been the O-Line coach/assistant HC for the last two years for the Jets. The team has ran the ball very well with him as the coach. He was very good as a OC with the Raiders and he was very good with the Eagles as a O-Line coach there as well. The Jets finished 9th and 1st with him as the O-Line coach and the Eagles finished in top 5 in rushing the two years he was there as the O-Line coach as well.

As a head coach I wouldn't want him but any role on the offense I would.

OBF1
01-25-2010, 11:54 PM

Just like the impact Mock has on the Orangemane..... ZERO :thumbs: :thumbsup: !Booya! ;D :rofl:

watermock
01-26-2010, 12:20 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2313&dateline=1185760873

Rep Addict

barryr
01-26-2010, 05:29 AM
The Jets were already employing a 3-4 defense and wasn't one of the worst in the NFL the year before before Ryan got there, so the defense didn't need a major overhaul like the Broncos. They had a very good OL that did a great job of run blocking and were one of the best running teams in the NFL. Like the Colts with Caldwell, he inherited a really good team and didn't need or make major changes. But I know, McDaniels inherited a Super Bowl roster though as claimed by Shanahan/Cutler fans. The dreaming continues.

TonyR
01-26-2010, 06:02 AM
I just want to see ... the defense to not skip a beat without Nolan.

Personally I hope it "skips a beat" from the way it played after the bye week, particularly against the run. The D played well in stretches but got gashed by the run down the stretch.

jhat01
01-26-2010, 06:04 AM

Smith did not play well but he ran 4.4...That's slow now? Ayers didn't do much. 1000 yards and 8 or 9 td's are fine numbers for a rookie. I would argue that we had some guys make an impact on special teams too. I know you like to call this draft a complete bust, but it's plain laziness on your part. We got middle of the road production from this group as a whole. Some teams drafted better and some worse but this is far from a complete failure.

jhns
01-26-2010, 06:06 AM
So what you are saying is he couldn't get along with the coordinator on the only side of the ball that didn't regress? That resulted in that coordinator getting fired or wanting to leave? No?

TheReverend
01-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Personally I hope it "skips a beat" from the way it played after the bye week, particularly against the run. The D played well in stretches but got gashed by the run down the stretch.

Some of the teams we played after the bye week are just going to put up those points... no matter the competition.

28 to Indy, 30 to Philly, I don't consider those poor outings what-so-ever.

Held opponents to 20 points or less 3 times

The games I have a problem with are Baltimore with 30, Pitt with 28, WASHING with 27, and last but not least, KC with 44 (although 2 scores came from pick 6s and only 3 offensive TDs scored by KC)

HEAV
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Kevin O'Dea SP coach... was the JETS PS that bad?

I wonder if McDaniels will make a change at SP coach?

Rohirrim
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't think the Jets season can be qualified as a failure by any stretch of the imagination.
Our season was an epic failure, and that's what you need to be concerned about...

Once again, a plea to the mods to create a sarcasm smilie for the trogs.

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Once again, a plea to the mods to create a sarcasm smilie for the trogs.

2 and 8.

And we are about to trade our most talented offensive player.........

tsiguy96
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
2 and 8.

is the season 10 weeks long? damn we DID have a bad season!

TonyR
01-26-2010, 12:07 PM

Source? Link?

_Oro_
01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Just make sure to let me know when Rex Ryan is hiring 5 more assistants.

Bronco CB40
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Source? Link?

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14241295

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14241295

I think he meant link to the 'trade' rather than the rumor/speculation. ;)

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I think he meant link to the 'trade' rather than the rumor/speculation. ;)

Laughable.........

Rohirrim
01-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Isn't Marshall about one more bad act away from a half a season suspension? If so, why pay him a bundle of money on a long term deal? Isn't that what Shanahan excelled at - paying schmucks to not play for three years? I'd rather we stopped doing that, personally.

NYBronco
01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Scapegoats, all of them. Can't head coaches accept responsibility and in his first year no less. Ryan is a failure.

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Laughable.........

You don't know the difference??

Edit: Based on your posts, you don't. :~ohyah!:

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
You don't know the difference??

Edit: Based on your posts, you don't. :~ohyah!:

amazing how someone can be on this site daily, take in all of the peripheral and anecdotal information--and still act as though BMARSH will be a Denver Bronco next year.......you have lost what little credibility that you had left.

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
amazing how someone can be on this site daily, take in all of the peripheral and anecdotal information--and still act as though BMARSH will be a Denver Bronco next year.......you have lost what little credibility that you had left.

Still dreaming up nonexistent positions? Find where I mentioned anything about Marshall getting traded, or not.
You really should learn to comprehend what you read and stop making an ass of yourself.

As for credibility, you're the last person who should be commenting. Hilarious!

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Still dreaming up nonexistent positions? Find where I mentioned anything about Marshall getting traded, or not.
You really should learn to comprehend what you read and stop making an ass of yourself.

As for credibility, you're the last person who should be commenting. Hilarious!

you really are retarded..I ALMOST feel bad for bringin this up..almost

I wrote this :

2 and 8.

Tony R write sarcastically "LINK?"

a poster provides a link to a DP article , then you respond with this brilliant take:

think he meant link to the 'trade' rather than the rumor/speculation

You cannot possibly be this mentally deficient.........yet you are.

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
you really are retarded..I ALMOST feel bad for bringin this up..almost

I wrote this :

Tony R write sarcastically "LINK?"

a poster provides a link to a DP article , then you respond with this brilliant take:

You cannot possibly be this mentally deficient.........yet you are.

LOL LOL

Unbelievable. How do you function?? Ha!

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
LOL LOL

I am convinced that you simply type your drivel without reading what you are supposedly responding to..

But keep practicing, eventually you'll be able to construct a coherent response........

Dagmar
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
LOL LOL

You are rendering the ignore function useless sir. Please stop.

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I am convinced that you simply type your drivel without reading what you are supposedly responding to..

But keep practicing, eventually you'll be able to construct a coherent response........

You've proven repeatedly that you try and present 'opinions' as 'facts' and when challenged, tie yourself in knots trying to deflect and obfuscate.

As you seem confused and unable to grasp fundamental English, I'm going to help you out by using your own quote.

Link??

(Now a link to a rumor or speculation will simply reinforce the impression that you're stupid.)

So think hard and back up your declaration that Marshall is going to be traded with a credible source. Can you do that?

Of course you can't because no 'trade' source exists, only speculation.

Got it yet??

DenverBrit
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
You are rendering the ignore function useless sir. Please stop.

I've tried putting the idiots on ignore, but they get quoted so often it's a waste of time.

TonyR
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Laughable.........

"We are about to" implies that something is imminent. I haven't seen/heard anything suggesting this is the case.

broncofan7
01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
"We are about to" implies that something is imminent. I haven't seen/heard anything suggesting this is the case.

It's the off-season for us--so that should qualify as 'about to' for most clear thinking people

tsiguy96
01-26-2010, 05:02 PM
It's the off-season for us--so that should qualify as 'about to' for most clear thinking people

are you "about to" stop posting until 4/17 as you promised? please?

The Moops
01-28-2010, 03:27 AM
One of them was Doug Plank, who wore 46 for the Bears during Buddy's tenure. He's the reason they call it the 46 defense!

Ironic . .

Broncos_OTM
01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
As i understand it Rex fired his DC who had been with him for years. I wonder if they will take a look at him for DC here in Denver.

When you look back at it. The jets backed their way into the postseason and got hot while in it. So if he felt that they were not good for his system ok. But if he got rid of them becuase they didnt make the superbowl i think it is a failure.