PDA

View Full Version : Garrard Not Orton named to Probowl for Manning

Pseudofool
01-24-2010, 06:22 PM
from rotoworld

David Garrard has been selected to the Pro Bowl as Peyton Manning's replacement, according to Garrard's agent Phil Senich.
Needless to say, he's brutally undeserving. Garrard, who finished the year with a 15:10 TD-to-INT ratio, threw multiple touchdown passes in just five games all season and was horrible on the road. Garrard still apparently got more fan votes than Kyle Orton, who completed a higher percentage of passes, threw for more yards, and had 21 TDs compared to 12 INTs.

jmz313
01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
oh well. 5th/6th alternate is hardly worth bragging about.

bpc
01-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Orton also plays in a passing offense.

Advantage Garrard, he's the better QB, although we're splitting hairs of crappiness here.

KipCorrington25
01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
They looked past the stats and recognized how terribly mediocre 3 and Orton is.

peacepipe
01-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I hate to say this but I'm actually glad Orton didn't get it. The last thing I wanna see is a bunch of threads proclaiming Ortons supposed greatness cause he got into the pro-bowl.

Popps
01-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I hate to say this but I'm actually glad Orton didn't get it. The last thing I wanna see is a bunch of threads proclaiming Ortons supposed greatness cause he got into the pro-bowl.

Typical of the internet fence-fan.

Rooting against Broncos at every turn.

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 06:47 PM

its unreal...isnt it??

why not root for him to make it?? i dont understand the logic

broncswin
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Get off the peace pipe brotha, it's a bronco player, of course we want as many of our teams players on the pro bowl roster we can get:kiddingme

scttgrd
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Typical of the slobber nobber fan, Cutler wasn't really a Pro Bowler but Kyle Orton was?

Popps
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Typical of the slobber nobber fan, Cutler wasn't really a Pro Bowler but Kyle Orton was?

I didn't say either was... but I sure the *** didn't root against either getting in.

oubronco
01-24-2010, 07:01 PM

your not a superfan

scttgrd
01-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I didn't say either was... but I sure the *** didn't root against either getting in.

Oh no, but you will dispute one of them getting in. I wonder which player you have a problem with. Talk about revisionist history.

Popps
01-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh no, but you will dispute one of them getting in. I wonder which player you have a problem with. Talk about revisionist history.

The only dispute was that Rivers was healthy and Cutler got in over him. So, to call him a Pro Bowl QB that season was a joke.

Again, that doesn't mean I actively rooted against him like you and your band of weepy haters.

scttgrd
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
The only dispute was that Rivers was healthy and Cutler got in over him. So, to call him a Pro Bowl QB that season was a joke.

Again, that doesn't mean I actively rooted against him like you and your band of weepy haters.

So, one was in without needing 5 guys to get hurt or bowing out, but you bitch about Cutler getting in. And you wonder why we laugh at you?

gyldenlove
01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Vince Young and David Garrard, the pro bowl game is quickly becoming more irrelevant than synchronised swimming.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Vince Young and David Garrard, the pro bowl game is quickly becoming more irrelevant than synchronised swimming.

Yeeeeeeeeep

bpc
01-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Just a side note, but everybody elses opinion outranked you on that. Coaches, fellow players, fans.

Rivers has been the better QB over the last two years, but a majority of voters put Cutler in over him because they respect his ability and know the level he played and was depended on in Denver. He was the Denver franchise... Rivers, while he has played great, has had Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, LT, M. Turner, Sproles, a very good offensive line, and a good defense.

When you take in what they meant to their teams, Cutler got the nod. The truth hurts sometimes.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 07:28 PM

Actually I think Favre getting voted to it that year was BS, as well as Kerry Collins over Rivers.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Yep, that's exactly what was said. Spot on. Seriously.

Which alternate universe do you live in? Are there unicorns there?

Popps
01-24-2010, 07:33 PM
So, one was in without needing 5 guys to get hurt or bowing out, but you b**** about Cutler getting in. And you wonder why we laugh at you?

Again, you're changing the subject.

I didn't bitch about Cutler getting in.

Nor would I bitch about Orton getting in.

But, I don't hold this team in disdain like you, so that would make sense.

bronco militia
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
"screw you, Kyle"

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/f/fat_cartman-1039.gif

SoCalBronco
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Neither of them deserve it.

Clockwork Orange
Can't bring myself to care. It's the Pro Bowl.

2KBack

Whether one likes or hates the pro-bowl, making it the week before the Superbowl was a stupid, stupid decision.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Can't bring myself to care. It's the Pro Bowl.

Well... on the plus side it would have meant every main starting QB we've had since Elway made Pro Bowl

Lolad
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I agree with you. Can you just imagine when it comes to contract negotiations his agent saying "Orton is a pro bowl QB!" Hilarious!

scttgrd
Again, you're changing the subject.

I didn't b**** about Cutler getting in.

Nor would I b**** about Orton getting in.

But, I don't hold this team in disdain like you, so that would make sense.

What's more pathetic is making excuses for a regime that has no plan. Or a plan that works. But I forgot, your superfan, yay for you.

UberBroncoMan
Whether one likes or hates the pro-bowl, making it the week before the Superbowl was a stupid, stupid decision.

It was a rating decision. People start tuning football out after the Super Bowl.

So putting it in the blank week before the Super Bowl should increase the ratings quite a bit.

$ wise it was a smart move.

That said... I wonder if Colt or Saint fans largely not tuning in actually negates the gain.

broncswin
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
What's more pathetic is making excuses for a regime that has no plan. Or a plan that works. But I forgot, your superfan, yay for you.

It must suck to be you right now...I sure don't think things are all perfect in Broncoland, but damn:rofl:

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 07:50 PM
So, one was in without needing 5 guys to get hurt or bowing out, but you b**** about Cutler getting in. And you wonder why we laugh at you?But some of these idiots argue that Cutler wasn't deserving. talk about a few snot nosed little punks!

yavoon
01-24-2010, 07:56 PM

meh I don't see how it matters.

Kid A
01-24-2010, 08:05 PM

NBA all-star voting is looking even worse right now, with Iverson getting into the starting lineup and McGrady almost doing the same.

bronco militia
01-24-2010, 08:12 PM
jag fans probably refuse to vote for Payton manning

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 08:13 PM
NBA all-star voting is looking even worse right now, with Iverson getting into the starting lineup and McGrady almost doing the same.

It's because fans are dip ****s and some teams have bigger fan bases than others.

Then again writers are largely biased ass ****s too.

Players and coaches might be the way to go.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't think "fans" should be allowed to vote any of the all-stars or all-pros. I give you the "fan base" here as a very good reason why,,,,,

Blueflame
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
It was a rating decision. People start tuning football out after the Super Bowl.

So putting it in the blank week before the Super Bowl should increase the ratings quite a bit.

That said... I wonder if Colt or Saint fans largely not tuning in actually negates the gain.

I'd say "yes"... when scheduling means players from the "best" two teams in the league are by necessity excluded, interest wanes even among diehard football fans. I'm neither a Colts nor a Saints fan, but it's tough thinking of a valid reason to tune in and watch David Garrard and Vince Young play.... yawn.

bronco610
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
If garrard and orton are pro bowl QBs than I am the president of the United States of America !!!

2KBack
01-24-2010, 08:29 PM

I know, and it's unfortunate that it will probably increase ratings. I think it violates my principals on the subject more than anything. I doubt most of these guys really want to practice and play in a game that means nothing, at the same time I do think it is cool to have some level of reward and recognition. A free vacation to Hawaii is cool, especially right after a hard season. As a year round football guy, I enjoyed the atmosphere of the Hawaiian probowls. It was cool to see all these great players together. I even enjoyed the skills competition. I just can't bring myself to care anymore when the most elite players aren't even going to be there.

So I guess I should say, it was a stupid decision from a fan perspective and player perspective (IMO). Monetarily it will probably look good, which annoys me.

PaintballCLE
01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
The reason they picked him over Orton or Flacco is to get the florida audience and sell more tickets.

Kid A
01-24-2010, 08:42 PM
The reason they picked him over Orton or Flacco is to get the florida audience and sell more tickets.

Because Jacksonville fans have been showing up in such great numbers to see him all season ROFL!

Punisher
01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Hell no in the off season Orton goes on his Beer Bent,no Time for Pro Bowls

azbroncfan
01-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Maybe there is a new Rooney rule for the QB's in the probowl.

Popps
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Yea, you just keep changing the subject there, sport.

Dagmar
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Why do people HATE Kyle? He's a Bronco right? Was he a Raider or Chief?

scttgrd
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Yea, you just keep changing the subject there, sport.

If you could stay on the subject at hand we could talk. But so far you have no idea what you are talking about. Get it straight and we can have a conversation.

LRtagger
01-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Allstar games are a joke. They should just leave it to the skills competitions and omit the game. The homerun derby, dunk contest, QB competition, etc draw more fan appeal anyways. The games are lame, half the players arent really allstars and they all half-ass it anyways. I'd rather see them dicking around in a non-game setting then watching everyone pretend that the game meant something.

bpc
01-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Why do people HATE Kyle? He's a Bronco right? Was he a Raider or Chief?

because he sucks?

Why did people hate Brian Griese?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lINsnwqt1FA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lINsnwqt1FA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>