PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil to the Dolphins?

Pages : [1] 2

strafen
01-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Yup, that's what Adam Schefter just said on ESPN.
Don't be surprise if Mike Nolan and the Dolphins make a run at Dumervil.
Let's see how much the Broncos are committed to winning.

Schefter also said the Dolphins will also be pursuing Marshall.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 09:38 AM
**** the Dolphins.

strafen
01-24-2010, 09:41 AM
**** the Dolphins.:rofl:
If Schefter said the Dolphins are pursuing Marhall and Dumervil, you can bank on it.

Would Dumervil be thrown under the bus if he goes to the Dolphins? :)

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 09:41 AM

what a stupid, stupid thing to say.

broncos arent the ****ing jaguars retard

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 09:43 AM
:rofl:
If Schefter said the Dolphins are pursuing Marhall and Dumervil, you can bank on it.

Would Dumervil be thrown under the bus if he goes to the Dolphins? :)

He's from that area and his former DC is there. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ended up there... same with Marshall who is from the area and went to school at Central Florida.

bowtown
01-24-2010, 09:45 AM
He's from that area and his former DC is there. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ended up there... same with Marshall who is from the area and went to school at Central Florida.

If they want both of them, they are going to have to get pretty creative with how they are going to compensate us two 1sts and two 3rds.

orangemonkey
01-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Pro bowl, sack leader leaving the Broncos would be par for the course.

gyldenlove
01-24-2010, 09:47 AM
**** the Dolphins.

We will get Rev right on that, he is an expert with all things seafood.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
If Schefter says it, it's gospel.

Do any of us really think "The Coach" will make good use of whatever package the Phins might come up with?

Pony Boy
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok, for all you McDaniel's haters, you do realize the ball is in Bowlen's court.....

DenverBrit
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Hearing about this rumor, will Doom now demand to be traded?? :spit:

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 09:56 AM
We'd undoubtedly get a combination of picks and players. They'd probably consider swapping us for guys like Ginn, Crowder etc.

Dumervil will always challenge for double-digit sacks...the problem is...he's not a very effective 3down LB. Marshall will be a beast anywhere he goes...but, he's done here.

If we could get a 1st, a 3rd, Ginn, Crowder (and maybe a guard or DT/DE)...then that would be acceptable.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Doom better go visit Tatum at the mall to make sure his cellphone's working.

Don't want him to miss any calls from Patty B.

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Ok, for all you McDaniel's haters, you do realize the ball is in Bowlen's court.....Yeah, I agree. But, I think Bowlen's going to let him do whatever he wants to do. That's why he's such a great owner (from a coaches pespective).

Cito Pelon
01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Jeez, Denver is gonna have about 11 picks in the first 3 rounds when McD trades Clady, Hillis, Marshall, Royal, Elvis, Scheffler, Champ.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 10:05 AM
!st, Third, Ted Ginn, and a first team OLman might make it go. Then, I'd see a run at either Suh or McCoy.....

Frankly, Doom has said he'd like to go home to Florida,. (Post article, couple of days ago.) Further, if Doom could be turned into two or more good players, it might be worth the trade.

Boy, I am glad to see the the controversies are going top be stoked incesseantly around here; helps to pass the time between Rockies' games.....

strafen
01-24-2010, 10:08 AM
what a stupid, stupid thing to say.

broncos arent the ****ing jaguars retardSTFU you freakin' fag. You fraking little napoleon.
We're worse right now than the jaguars you freakin' nitwit!

elsid13
01-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I can see a trade being made, since Ayers could fit into the role Doom plays for this team. It would be stupid move, but I can see how someone in Dove Valley could justify it. Of course we have to put up with all the Doom isn't that good threads afterward.

strafen
01-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Pro bowl, sack leader leaving the Broncos would be par for the course.Yup. That's just keep showing commitment to wining by bringing scrubs in to replace our star players.
That's the Mcdaniels system! :~ohyah!:

bowtown
01-24-2010, 10:11 AM
STFU you freakin' fag. You fraking little napoleon.

Actually we were exactly one game better than Jacksonville this year.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Pass rushers that put up double digit sacks grow on trees.

Trade him for the Phins backup punter.

strafen
01-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Jeez, Denver is gonna have about 11 picks in the first 3 rounds when McD trades Clady, Hillis, Marshall, Royal, Elvis, Scheffler, Champ.Hey, he wants to assemble a team of boys scouts
might as well start now, because he ain't got much time to do it.
I think he'll waste away those picks anyway.
He'd try to do the same thing. Bring it subpar players from FA

strafen
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Pass rushers that put up double digit sacks grow on trees.

Trade him for the Phins backup punter.Yup. Just in case Mitchel decides to retire. We have to have 3 punters on the roster :thumbsup:

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Picks rarely if ever equate to proven talent. Not sure why people are always saying well a 1st for Marshall sure is worth it gee-golly!

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Picks rarely if ever equate to proven talent. Not sure why people are always saying well a 1st for Marshall sure is worth it gee-golly!

Because of franchise mode on Madden

bendog
01-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Doom doesn't fit Billicheat's version of the 3-4. That's why the thing "nolan blitzes too much" was an oversimplification. Billicheat blitzes, but he doesn't take a OLB and put him on the line in 3pt stance on passing downs.

The fish already have Jason Taylor and Joey Porter. I'd be surprised in Parcells parts with draft picks.

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey, he wants to assemble a team of boys scouts
might as well start now, because he ain't got much time to do it.
I think he'll waste away those picks anyway.
He'd try to do the same thing. Bring it subpar players from FA

What on Earth are you talking about? Subpar FAs?!?

Did any team in the league have a better incoming FA class than Denver did last offseason?

Requiem
01-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I love Dumervil, but wouldn't be heart broken to see him go. I think that Ayers will step-up and I have it on good authority that the Broncos are sincerely interested in Derrick Morgan and Jerry Hughes. There are plenty of quality 3-4 OLB who can replace Dumervil in this draft. TONS. I'm seeing at least a dozen players.

LRtagger
01-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Why is this such a surprise? And how exactly does it mean we are trading him to Miami?

"Miami is going to make a run at Doom"...WOW breaking news. There are probably 5 or 6 other teams that will be interested in aquiring Doom.

McDaniels must be an idiot for letting other teams think about trying to aquire his free agents.

Hogan11
01-24-2010, 10:41 AM
If they want both of them, they are going to have to get pretty creative with how they are going to compensate us two 1sts and two 3rds.

Yup...soak whomever wants these guys good.

elsid13
01-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I love Dumervil, but wouldn't be heart broken to see him go. I think that Ayers will step-up and I have it on good authority that the Broncos are sincerely interested in Derrick Morgan and Jerry Hughes. There are plenty of quality 3-4 OLB who can replace Dumervil in this draft. TONS. I'm seeing at least a dozen players.

I don't see how Morgan fit on this team unless they go back to 4-3. Hughes or Graham would make more sense if they were able to get a letter pick in the first.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Pro bowl, sack leader leaving the Broncos would be par for the course.

Really? When?

Requiem
01-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't see how Morgan fit on this team unless they go back to 4-3. Hughes or Graham would make more sense if they were able to get a letter pick in the first.

Morgan is an exceptional athlete and has tremendous ball skills. He definitely can play OLB in our 3-4 scheme.

elsid13
01-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Morgan is an exceptional athlete and has tremendous ball skills. He definitely can play OLB in our 3-4 scheme.

I just don't see him being able to play in coverage. I wish the "senior" was changed to allow all declared players to participate

gyldenlove
01-24-2010, 10:51 AM

Great, lets replace the league sack leader with another 1st round pass rusher, they never fail.

Requiem
01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I just don't see him being able to play in coverage. I wish the "senior" was changed to allow all declared players to participate

Absolutely. I don't know what fans like us can do, but I wish there was a way to lobby for allowing the underclassmen to be able and showcase their abilities in Mobile or perhaps elsewhere. There are some good seniors this year, but the underclassmen are what this class is all about. It is a shame they won't get to put on the pads and go head-to-head with their elders/peers.

TotallyScrewed
01-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok, for all you McDaniel's haters, you do realize the ball is in Bowlen's court.....

The "ball" has always been in Bowlen's court. The problem is that the King is eating grass and has dew on his back.

rmsanger
01-24-2010, 10:52 AM
We don't want to touch Ginn... That guy can't go over the middle to save his life. I'd rather have Bess or there hard hitting safety than that loser Ginn.

Requiem
01-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Great, lets replace the league sack leader with another 1st round pass rusher, they never fail.

Even such, those players are tremendously good. IMHO, Jerry Hughes is a late first, early second guy so there is value to be had there. What will be interesting to see and transpire is, what will we get for Dumervil, Marshall and others if a trade is to be sought for both.

The Broncos already have a decent pallette of picks (only lacking a fifth, but their positions in each round are solid) and are likely to accumulate more. If those players above are moved, and perhaps others, I see the Broncos gaining at least two-first rounders (value equivalency) through the draft. . . and that's not including veteran players I assume to be in a trade as well.

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
If Denver trades Dumervil, this will be me:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3Cg1zVHXQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3Cg1zVHXQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

meangene
01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Why is this such a surprise? And how exactly does it mean we are trading him to Miami?

"Miami is going to make a run at Doom"...WOW breaking news. There are probably 5 or 6 other teams that will be interested in aquiring Doom.

McDaniels must be an idiot for letting other teams think about trying to aquire his free agents.

This. And, I belive we could still franchise Doom which ups the compensation to two firsts.

Denver724
01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Now I know why we traded for Alphonso Smith. We will have three #1's this year (Marshall and Doom).

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 10:56 AM
its amazing how much some of you idiots will stretch the truth to express your hatred for mcdaniels. you guys really need some help of some sort because its really getting out of hand.

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Dumervil had 17 sacks in his first year in the 3-4 defense.

Dude is going to be a legitimate force for the next 7 years.

Trading him should not even be an option.

He always keeps his mouth shut, never complains, and is the consummate teammate.

If they trade him for picks....I will have lost all faith in the current regime....whatever was left.

Trading B-Marsh is stupid....but I can see the logic in it....trading Dumervil would defy any logic.

Bowlen....pay the man....it's that simple.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Now I know why we traded for Alphonso Smith. We will have three #1's this year (Marshall and Doom).

so because our former DC wants the best player that we had on D this year, that means we are going to trade him? guess im confused.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Trading B-Marsh is stupid....but I can see the logic in it....trading Dumervil would defy any logic.

But, but, but they'll get draft picks in return.

Those ALWAYS pan out...

Soul-Bronco
01-24-2010, 11:02 AM
i live in miami and we do not want ginn trust me, he sucks so much bail sack its not even funny

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 11:06 AM
But, but, but they'll get draft picks in return.

Those ALWAYS pan out...

who is talking about trading dumervil other than teh media? no one, people on this message board maybe?

Pony Boy
01-24-2010, 11:08 AM
The "ball" has always been in Bowlen's court. The problem is that the King is eating green and has dew on his back.

Could someone decipher this for me .........

Clockwork Orange
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ai4WZtcF7pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ai4WZtcF7pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
who is talking about trading dumervil other than teh media? no one, people on this message board maybe?

don't try and talk sense into these idiots....

once they hear something that someone posts it turns into "Oh my god, Dumervil is gone...I HATE McDOUCHEFACE!!"

Dragster is a ****in clown

Paladin
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
don't try and talk sense into these idiots....

once they hear something that someone posts it turns into "Oh my god, Dumervil is gone...I HATE McDOUCHEFACE!!"

Dragster is a ****in clown

This +1000 times.......

Excellent post......

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Maybe we have seen enough head scratching stupid **** in the past year that nothing surprises us at this point.

Trading the 26 year old stud pass rusher who just set the team record for sacks in a season sounds a little too familiar.

We traded the 25 year old pro bowl QB (like him or not) who set franchise records the year before.

We are probably going to trade the 25 year old WR who already has 3 of the 4 best years in team history at the position.

So excuse us if this makes some of us a little fidgety....this should not even be a rumor....where there's smoke, there is generally fire.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 11:12 AM

It's a discussion forum...

Besides, the games aren't on yet.

Popps
01-24-2010, 11:15 AM

Very intelligent response to him, dude. "Freakin' fag?" VERY classy.

Wait, we're worse than the Jaguars because you claim Schefter said the Dolphins might want one of our players?

broncswin
01-24-2010, 11:18 AM

This hits it, we have too many whiney a$$ people on this board who think they run the team...this happens on either side of the fence, wether people like or hate McD, when they see something they can use they pull all the strings...Hilarious!

Paladin
01-24-2010, 11:19 AM
If Denver trades Dumervil, this will be me:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3Cg1zVHXQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3Cg1zVHXQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

A loser, huh?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:19 AM
We are probably going to trade the 25 year old WR who already has 3 or the 4 best years in team history at the position.

How is Marshall on McDaniels?

Seriously. Nothing about the guy's behavior has changed over 4 years. One coach put up with his ****, the other wouldn't. He's one arrest from missing half a season.

3 of the problems (Marshall, Cutler, and Scheffler) probably could have been averted if Mike had laid down the law or had actual vocal leaders who put those 3 in their place.

I love Mike and would take him over any coach on gameday, but he left this team with 0 depth, 0 leadership, and a hands off approach with guys that might have worked well with vets, but all it did was make those 3 think their **** didn't stink and they could say/do anything and get away with it.

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 11:20 AM
A loser, huh?

I thought I told you never to respond to one of my posts again?

A year or so ago, you were stalking me....it was a little creepy.

bendog
01-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Cutler or Shiftless was a problem when shanny was the coach? No.

Lil Josh lets Marshall take the media. An experienced coach would just say .. nothing or suspend him. Let Dawkins or Wilson or Lynch do the talking.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Nothing about the guy's behavior has changed over 4 years. One coach put up with his ****, the other wouldn't. He's one arrest from missing half a season.

Not disputing his knuckleheadedness, but Marshall's 3700 yards and 23 TD's the last 3 seasons will be hard to replace.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 11:26 AM
This hits it, we have too many whiney a$$ people on this board who think they run the team...this happens on either side of the fence, wether people like or hate McD, when they see something they can use they pull all the strings...Hilarious!

And that dragster drama queen is one of them..... S/he/it is all over emoting as a method for pouting. Petulance is a way oif life for that assclown. Must have been a really, really spoiled child. Still is......

Just saying and stating my opinion. (That makes it free speech.)......

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Not disputing his knuckleheadedness, but Marshall's 3700 yards and 23 TD's the last 3 seasons will be hard to replace.

I don't dispute that either, but at some point you need to cut the tie. Sometimes the hassle just isn't worth it.

They keep him long-term because fences were mended, I have no problem with that.

They move him and get at least a 1st, I don't have a problem with that either.

Marshall is scary, both with what he can do on the field and with the situations he always finds himself in during the offseason that are just moronic.

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Boldin could come close...won't get the amount of yards but would be a great guy on the squad

Paladin
01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought I told you never to respond to one of my posts again?

A year or so ago, you were stalking me....it was a little creepy.

Nnyah!

So, you admit to being a loser? ROFL!

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Dumervil had 17 sacks in his first year in the 3-4 defense.

Dude is going to be a legitimate force for the next 7 years.

Trading him should not even be an option.

He always keeps his mouth shut, never complains, and is the consummate teammate.

If they trade him for picks....I will have lost all faith in the current regime....whatever was left.

Bowlen....pay the man....it's that simple.

Pretty much sums it up.

Popps
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Schefter is probably right. Miami would probably be interested in him.

That doesn't make him any more or less likely to play in Denver next year. If we had plans to keep him, we'll keep him.

If we don't, we'll all be upset. But, how about we wait a bit before we panic.

My dog would love a T-bone steak right now. Doesn't mean she's getting one.

Pony Boy
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
So, let me get this straight........ McDaniel's comes to Denver and hires Nolan to run a 3-4 and convinces Doom he will be a good fit. Doom has a record year and every team in the league wants him ......and now McDaniel's is complete failure........

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't dispute that either, but at some point you need to cut the tie. Sometimes the hassle just isn't worth it.

They keep him long-term because fences were mended, I have no problem with that.

They move him and get at least a 1st, I don't have a problem with that either.

Marshall is scary, both with what he can do on the field and with the situations he always finds himself in during the offseason that are just moronic.

When will people realize that trading a bird in the hand for what may (if you get lucky) be a bird in the bush is not the way to run a team?

When you are fortunate enough to draft players that you can build around, you keep them. THAT's how winning teams are born. Trading assets away for draft picks literally sets you back.

Inkana7
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM

lolz

bendog
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
According to Sheftler, it's the dolphins talking about getting Doom. And for Billicheat's system, Tiny needs a stand up traditional olb on the big side. A guy who can play a zone coverage all the way to the sideline. It makes some sense, but why would Parcells give value for this guy when he was drafted much lower than his current value? That makes no sense.

What does make sense is that w/o a cba, old guys with big cap numbers can be let go without a cap hit. So the fish might want Doom to fit for Joey Porter or somebody who isn't earning his pay

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2564413/what_no_cba_means_to_nfl_free_agency_pg2.html?cat= 14

Dagmar
01-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Haven't read the whole thread, but am I correct in saying that a member of the media made a speculation story to fill pages because Nolan moved to Miami and the McDaniels haters are melting down? Over something that hasn't happened? At all?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:37 AM
When will people realize that trading a bird in the hand for what may (if you get lucky) be a bird in the bush is not the way to run a team?

When you are fortunate enough to draft players that you can build around, you keep them. THAT's how winning teams are born. Trading assets away for draft picks literally sets you back.

Where in my post did I say that I think his value can be replaced because Denver's getting draft picks in return? Especially considering I'm always someone who gives **** to the people who think that draft picks are the be all end all.

All I said was that at some point, Marshall no longer becomes worth the hassle. I never said they wouldn't miss his production. In fact, my first statement was that I didn't disagree with Wolfpack's point that Marshall's production would be difficult to replace.

Please try comprehending every sentence in my post before you go off on your little draft pick rant.

BTW, as much as I love Marshall on the field, he's not someone to build around in the first place with all his off-field issues. Randy Moss is going to the HoF and 2 teams got rid of him because they realized he's not a player you build a team around, no matter how great he is.

Popps
01-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Haven't read the whole thread, but am I correct in saying that a member of the media made a speculation story to fill pages because Nolan moved to Miami and the McDaniels haters are melting down? Over something that hasn't happened? At all?

Business as usual.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 11:38 AM

Who needs a thing like talent to win?

Paladin
01-24-2010, 11:39 AM

That's it !!!

Pony Boy
01-24-2010, 11:40 AM
When will people realize that trading a bird in the hand for what may (if you get lucky) be a bird in the bush is not the way to run a team?.

I'm confused, I thought it was "would you rather have your bird in your hand or your hand on a bush".......:wiggle:

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Who needs a thing like talent to win?

That's why you dont trade proven talent away for draft picks.

Kids like draft picks. You can get all dreamy and set up a mental shrine to what could become of the tabula rasa. Kids dont realize that the players that are on the team were once draft picks as well, and in Marshall's case a draft pick that panned out.

You do not throw away talent for draft picks.

Especially with McD, who has proven that 1) he doesnt know how to run a draft, and 2) he doesnt know how to trade draft picks.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 11:54 AM

I think that you are correct in saying that there are several legitimate reasons to be concerned about speculation considering the absolute meltdown of a career that Josh McDaniels has had in Denver thus far.

yerner
01-24-2010, 11:56 AM
there isn't anyway the dolphins are getting doom. it would take about five players.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 11:58 AM
He doesnt know how to run a draft

Easy now.

He spent a WHOLE month preparing for it.

That and the "list of 30" should've never seen the light of day.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I think that you are correct in saying that there are several legitimate reasons to be concerned about speculation considering the absolute meltdown of a career that Josh McDaniels has had in Denver thus far.

8-8 is a meltdown of a career? Wow.

Just wow.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 12:08 PM

first year head coaches that go 8-8 and have one of the most improved defenses in NFL history surely have meltdown careers.

realistically, you should be required to pass an IQ test to post on this forum.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2010, 12:10 PM
first year head coaches that go 8-8 and have one of the most improved defenses in NFL history surely have meltdown careers.

yeah, but there would be a lot fewer posters and a lot more tumbleweeds if they required an IQ test.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:10 PM
8-8 is a meltdown of a career? Wow.

Just wow.

8-8 was an absolute FAIL.

That came on the back of his mishandling of the Cutler fiasco, the trading away of the #14 pick in this draft for Alphonso Smith, the trading of picks for Richard Quinn, the destruction of what was a powerful Broncos offense, getting knocked out of playoff contention AT HOME to the terrible Chiefs and the horrible Raiders, etc, etc, etc.

McD's first season was a joke.

24champ
01-24-2010, 12:11 PM

I feel the same way, although the draft is a crapshoot and Doom is a proven player. However if we trade Doom, I want Jerry Hughes, reminds me a lot of Demarcus Ware.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/buckshot200/jerryhughes.jpg

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 12:12 PM

That came on the back of his mishandling of the Cutler fiasco, the trading away of the #14 pick in this draft for Alphonso Smith, the trading of picks for Richard Quinn, the destruction of what was a powerful Broncos offense, getting knocked out of playoff contention AT HOME to the terrible Chiefs and the horrible Raiders, etc, etc, etc.

we didnt trade picks for quinn idiot, we gave up 2 3rds for a 2nd and 4th.

go root for the rams or lions, see what a head coaches first season being a joke is really right.

you are STILL hung up about cutler being gone? good god man, move on. cutler was HORRIBLE this year and we raped the bears in that trade, yet you still bring it up? even your fellow whiners and criers dont talk about that anymore.

Dagmar
01-24-2010, 12:12 PM

http://i27.tinypic.com/mualjl.jpg

DivineLegion
01-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Joey Porter is not coming back next season, and Jason Taylor is essentially done. A buddy of mine who is a Dolphins fan says that outside Linebacker is the top priority in fish town, and Parcelles loves elite pass rushers so this could happen.

This move would definitely put a huge dint in our pass rush but at the same time Doom is terrible against the run so you gain and you lose. He's really a situational guy with Elite pass rushing skill. I don't think we should trade Doom but I have a feeling your going to see a lot more of Ayers this year.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:18 PM

One of the "most improved defenses in NFL history"? :rofl:

That's funny.

Is that the same defense that gave up an average of 25.8 ppg for the last 10 weeks of the season, in which they also went 2-8?

24champ
01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ayers a SAM in the 3-4?

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM

I'm glad you have soccer in your avatar because maybe you know something about another sport...you obviously don't know a football from a brown sack of donkey testicles.

8-8 is a fail? The Rams would have taken that with their first year head coach...no? And I like how everyone is burying Alphonso Smith after year 1....just like they were burying us last year before the season started and then quickly disappeared when we started 6-0

and we weren't outcoached in the Chiefs or Raiders game...our defense was run over. But I suppose that is McDaniels fault right? Because it couldnt have been Nolan's because he can do no wrong as far as this board is concerned.

People really need to start realizing what McDaniels has control over and what he doesnt. I'm sure he didnt want DJ Williams to forget his gap assignments with 3 weeks left in the season, or for Marshall to disappear in the Eagles game, or for the defensive line to put on skirts and heels against the Raiders and Chiefs.

Christ, give it a rest already.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the Cutler trade comment because it shows that you are inefficient and perhaps incapable of rational thought....we might as well talk about not drafting Ed Reed or letting Reggie Hayward and Bertrand Berry walk....those had bigger effects on our franchise

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of you would swim with jellyfish in order to have Jay Cutler piss on you

elsid13
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ayers a SAM in the 3-4?

That were they played him on passing downs, but in reality he fits the spot/role that Doom plays more then covering TEs.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
we didnt trade picks for quinn idiot, we gave up 2 3rds for a 2nd and 4th.

go root for the rams or lions, see what a head coaches first season being a joke is really right.

you are STILL hung up about cutler being gone? good god man, move on. cutler was HORRIBLE this year and we raped the bears in that trade, yet you still bring it up? even your fellow whiners and criers dont talk about that anymore.

Youre insecurity over the McD issue is laughable.

You want so badly for people to hop on your noncognitivists "Yaaaaay!!!" bandwagon, that you reduce yourself even further to the juvenile "well...if you dont like it (sniffle, sniffle)...go find another team!" commentary.

If you dont like to see people complaining about your little lovemuffin, dont read the post! You cant change the fact that McD has made decisions that have directly lead to problems and thus have contributed to fan questioning.

Get used to it.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Is that the same defense that gave up an average of 25.8 ppg for the last 10 weeks of the season, in which they also went 2-8?

Wow, you're making that argument?

Didn't you just claim only a few posts ago that McDaniels broke up one of the most powerful offenses in the NFL, one that averaged around 18 ppg for the final 13 games in '08 and went 5-8 and lost the final 3 with Boy Wonder under center?

Let's try to keep the arguments consistent.

Edit: It was 19.7 ppg over the last 13 games, which would have been good enough for 23rd in the league.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 12:33 PM
One of the "most improved defenses in NFL history"? :rofl:

That's funny.

football outsiders has it noted. sure they blew it the last half of the season, they gave up almost 30ppg last year for the entire season. stop picking and choosing select parts of the season to help prove your point, the entire season is over.

Requiem
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Are we still crying about the Quinn trade? Guy was valued as a late-second, early third by several teams, including PFT's draft slotting, which has been spot on over the years. We received Quinn and Olsen for the two thirds we sent to Pittsburgh. Two picks sent, two received, two players taken. Shut the **** up.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm glad you have soccer in your avatar because maybe you know something about another sport...you obviously don't know a football from a brown sack of donkey testicles.

I have never heard of a brown sack of donkey testicles, but it seems as though you have familiarity with such things.

8-8 is a fail? The Rams would have taken that with their first year head coach...no?

Did you just compare the Broncos franchise with the Rams? Do you know what the Rams' record was last season? You really want to say that the Broncos and Rams began this season with equivalent resources for success? Seriously?

And I like how everyone is burying Alphonso Smith after year 1.

Alphonso Smith is a #14 draft pick. He better play like one or he's a bust. De facto, He is a higher draft pick than Jarvis Moss.

...just like they were burying us last year before the season started and then quickly disappeared when we started 6-0

...and then "they" came back after the Broncos tanked even worse than they have in years with a complete and total franchise-rotting collapse that resulted in locker room problems and the loss of the franchise's MVP last season Mike Nolan.

What you dont understand is that critics of McD would LOVE to be proven wrong, but he keeps stepping on his own feet and tripping up the franchise.

Dagmar
01-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure a good chunk of you would swim with jellyfish in order to have Jay Cutler piss on you

:spit:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Bigdawg26
01-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Requiem
I love Dumervil, but wouldn't be heart broken to see him go. I think that Ayers will step-up and I have it on good authority that the Broncos are sincerely interested in Derrick Morgan and Jerry Hughes. There are plenty of quality 3-4 OLB who can replace Dumervil in this draft. TONS. I'm seeing at least a dozen players

Dude you are smoking crack rock if you think that letting at 26 yr old PROVEN ALL PRO PASS RUSHER go away for Ayers (a rookie with ZERO sacks last season) and be ok with that!! Doom's first year he had 8.5 sacks his rookie year, and to be honest Ayers is his best as a 3-4 DE. Now we can use Jerry Hughes to team up with doom, and we can have pass rushing LB's like Dallas (Ware and Spencher) or the Steelers (Harrison and Woodley) that dominate O-lines. You have to sign Doom long term!

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Didn't you just claim only a few posts ago that McDaniels broke up one of the most powerful offenses in the NFL, one that averaged around 18 ppg for the final 13 games in '08 and went 5-8 and lost the final 3 with Boy Wonder under center?

I never said that it was one of the most powerful offenses in the NFL...that was your creation, your idea. Not mine.

Let's try to keep the arguments consistent.

That would be nice, wouldnt it?

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM
What you dont understand is that critics of McD would LOVE to be proven wrong, but he keeps stepping on his own feet and tripping up the franchise.

How on EARTH has he tripped up the franchise...we are 40-40 in the last decade and McDaniels played right up to par with this incredible record. He improved the defense and the offense regressed but to a lesser degree.

The team is improving..."get used to it"....I think everyone needs to let go of the idea that we need a high flying, superstar laden offense in order to compete. Look at the Jets...

Obviously, everyone who wants McDaniels head on a stick won't be pleased until he is gone, but I'm going to enjoy watching this team grow into a consistent winner.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I never said that it was one of the most powerful offenses in the NFL...that was your creation, your idea. Not mine.

Yeah, you're right, my bad.

Nice attempt to play a semantic game.

Try again.

Requiem
01-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Dude you are smoking crack rock if you think that letting at 26 yr old PROVEN ALL PRO PASS RUSHER go away for Ayers (a rookie with ZERO sacks last season) and be ok with that!! Doom's first year he had 8.5 sacks his rookie year, and to be honest Ayers is his best as a 3-4 DE. Now we can use Jerry Hughes to team up with doom, and we can have pass rushing LB's like Dallas (Ware and Spencher) or the Steelers (Harrison and Woodley) that dominate O-lines. You have to sign Doom long term!

Not smoking crack, just don't get upset when we let certain players go. I am a huge Dumervil fan and have been since we drafted him, but I would not be surprised to see his production replicated by another youngster who will come up through the midst. At any case, the rumor is that people are interested. That doesn't mean we are getting rid of him. I'm fine if he stays, hell I'm thrilled if he does. I'm just not going to be sulking in the corner like a lot of you if he does get moved.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2010, 12:44 PM

And the first season of a coach is = to his career... how?

Paladin
01-24-2010, 12:50 PM

8-8 is a fail? The Rams would have taken that with their first year head coach...no? And I like how everyone is burying Alphonso Smith after year 1....just like they were burying us last year before the season started and then quickly disappeared when we started 6-0

and we weren't outcoached in the Chiefs or Raiders game...our defense was run over. But I suppose that is McDaniels fault right? Because it couldnt have been Nolan's because he can do no wrong as far as this board is concerned.

People really need to start realizing what McDaniels has control over and what he doesnt. I'm sure he didnt want DJ Williams to forget his gap assignments with 3 weeks left in the season, or for Marshall to disappear in the Eagles game, or for the defensive line to put on skirts and heels against the Raiders and Chiefs.

Christ, give it a rest already.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the Cutler trade comment because it shows that you are inefficient and perhaps incapable of rational thought....we might as well talk about not drafting Ed Reed or letting Reggie Hayward and Bertrand Berry walk....those had bigger effects on our franchise

Great post, and I hope it was not wasted on the haters.....

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:51 PM
How on EARTH has he tripped up the franchise...we are 40-40 in the last decade and McDaniels played right up to par with this incredible record. He improved the defense and the offense regressed but to a lesser degree.

The team is improving..."get used to it"....I think everyone needs to let go of the idea that we need a high flying, superstar laden offense in order to compete. Look at the Jets...

Obviously, everyone who wants McDaniels head on a stick won't be pleased until he is gone, but I'm going to enjoy watching this team grow into a consistent winner.

The Jets? They went 9-7 and got into a little rhythm in the playoffs. Lucking into the playoffs is great and all, but is 9-7 really your goal?

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Nice attempt to play a semantic game.

Try again.

That's no "semantic game". Its pretty straightforward.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Man, irony is a b*tch. Too bad you can't see the humor in your post.....

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Yes, you were straightforward.

McDaniels destroyed a powerful Denver offense, but what he destroyed was not one of the most powerful NFL offenses.

Ok, man. If you actually believe what you're typing and think that's somehow a consistent argument, then more power to you.

and BTW, Denver's scoring offense since '06 when Jay took over:

'06: 17th and 19.9 ppg
'07: 21st and 20 ppg
'08: 16th and 23.1 ppg

'09: 20th and 20.4 ppg

Man, McDaniels really did destroy that "powerful" Denver Broncos offense.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 01:03 PM

McDaniels destroyed a powerful Denver offense, but what he destroyed was not one of the most powerful NFL offenses.

Ok, man. If you actually believe what you're typing and think that's somehow a consistent argument, then more power to you.

Man, you just keep busting his chops don't you?

Keep it up. Good work..... :notworthy

Bigdawg26
01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
To be honest, if Doom is let go I know alot of ppl are going to blame McDaniels, but the real person who's to blame is Brain Xanders the GM. He is responsible for signing free agents, and he's actually been dodging alot of bullets especially on this board. He's the real person doing a bad job with the draft and acquiring talent.

broncos-rock
01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Really!!! I mean really 5 frickin pages over a maybe might be it could happen statement by schefter. Who is probably just connecting dots here and who has been wrong before....btw!

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Really!!! I mean really 5 frickin pages over a maybe might be it could happen statement by schefter. Who is probably just connecting dots here and who has been wrong before....btw!

What else are we supposed to post about right now?

It's a Denver Broncos posting board....this is the kind of stuff you talk about and debate and bitch and moan about.

SoCalBronco
01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
To be honest, if Doom is let go I know alot of ppl are going to blame McDaniels, but the real person who's to blame is Brain Xanders the GM. He is responsible for signing free agents, and he's actually been dodging alot of bullets especially on this board. He's the real person doing a bad job with the draft and acquiring talent.

Xanders is not really the GM. Xanders job is to go get pizza. Period.

http://www.iupui.edu/~psyclubs/pizza_ua%5B1%5D.jpg

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 01:33 PM
The Jets? They went 9-7 and got into a little rhythm in the playoffs. Lucking into the playoffs is great and all, but is 9-7 really your goal?

what a joke...so if McDaniels went 9-7 and we were in the AFCCG you would bitch??

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Xanders is not really the GM. Xanders job is to go get pizza. Period.

http://www.iupui.edu/~psyclubs/pizza_ua%5B1%5D.jpg

"Xanders!" "You forgot to order the pizza with Parmesan crust!"

Rabb
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
what a joke...so if McDaniels went 9-7 and we were in the AFCCG you would b****??

it's a brilliant argument really

if we were in that situation and lost the AFCCG, it would be "we had no business being there" and if we won it would be "we just got lucky, and had no business being there"

you cannot win in a debate with a moron, ever

broncos-rock
01-24-2010, 01:45 PM
What else are we supposed to post about right now?

It's a Denver Broncos posting board....this is the kind of stuff you talk about and debate and b**** and moan about.

I know but it gets off-topic soooo fast its like watching a train wreck!

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I find it hard to believe people would call us making it to the AFCCG a failure.

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I know but it gets off-topic soooo fast its like watching a train wreck!

Turning a molehill into a mountain is an Orange Mane tradition since 2001.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 02:03 PM

Its has clearly gotten worse since last year. You can fenagle your way around the real numbers by offering vague rankings, but we both know that you are avoiding showing the real numbers because they dont support your argument. Lets take a look:

23.1 ppg
6333 total yards
4471 passing yards 25td/18int
1862 rushing yards with 15td
4.8 yards per carry

20.4 ppg
5463 total yards
3627 passing yards 21td/13int
1836 rushing yards with 9td
4.2 yards per carry

There is a clear difference between the two offenses. Almost 1000 yards and 10 TD's. 10 TD's is 60 points.

2008 Broncos offense gained more rushing yards, more passing yards, and scored more.

Dagmar
01-24-2010, 02:07 PM
You are a boring and pathetic bore dramallama.

Popps
01-24-2010, 02:07 PM

Yea, we've already laid out these facts several times. All you'll get in response is people cherry picking individual player stats, or quoting Jay Cutler's 4K yards passing. (And omitting the boatload of INTs.)

Shanahan left us a god-awful defense and a mediocre offense with a ****-can QB. Anyone who thinks differently just has no grip on reality.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Alphonso Smith is a #14 draft pick. He better play like one or he's a bust. De facto, He is a higher draft pick than Jarvis Moss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9301

No he's not. He was the #37th pick in the draft, and a 2nd round pick. That's where he was drafted, that's where his salary will be paid. That's where his talent fell to.

He wasn't drafted in the 1st round, 14th pick... period. Stop using kindergarten logic with out draft pick traded. There's an article somewhere about a philosophy of the value of trading future draft picks...

Popps
01-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Its has clearly gotten worse since last year.
2008 Broncos offense gained more rushing yards, more passing yards, and scored more.

They scored less than 3 ppg more than the 09 squad, while turning the ball over at an alarmingly high rate.

If you think that this is some sort of "major" difference, you're nuts. At best, it's a wash.

Factor in the improvements on defense and there's zero argument to be made that this squad took any sort of meaningful step back.

The truth is, we have a core to build around on defense, AND offense now.

We were a joke last year. Let it go.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Its has clearly gotten worse since last year. You can fenagle your way around the real numbers by offering vague rankings, but we both know that you are avoiding showing the real numbers because they dont support your argument. Lets take a look:

23.1 ppg
6333 total yards
4471 passing yards 25td/18int
1862 rushing yards with 15td
4.8 yards per carry

20.4 ppg
5463 total yards
3627 passing yards 21td/13int
1836 rushing yards with 9td
4.2 yards per carry

There is a clear difference between the two offenses. Almost 1000 yards and 10 TD's. 10 TD's is 60 points.

Vague rankings? I showed you the Scoring Offense numbers. You know, the stat that counts when calculating wins and losses?

Please explain to me what formula is used with to convert total offense into wins/losses?

You continue to dig your hole by claiming that scoring offense is somehow a vague number and I'm finagling things to aviod the real numbers. I cited the stat that actually matters. You're hung up on stats that mean jack **** if you can't score points.

Face it, the "powerful" Denver offense of '08 scored less than a FG more than the '09 offense.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Vague rankings? I showed you the Scoring Offense numbers. You know, the stat that counts when calculating wins and losses?

Please explain to me what formula is used with to convert total offense into wins/losses?

You continue to dig your hole by claiming that scoring offense is somehow a vague number and I'm finagling things to aviod the real numbers. I cited the stat that actually matters. You're hung up on stats that mean jack **** if you can't score points.

Face it, the "powerful" Denver offense of '08 scored less than a FG more than the '09 offense.

Turnovers were definitely a problem, which I documented pretty well at the close of last season. Cutler's decision-making was a problem, and I illustrated that thoroughly in my study. He has a particularly bad sense of timing.

However, that doesnt change the fact that the offense was more succesful on the whole. Especially considering how terrible the defense was.

oubronco
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
They scored less than 3 ppg more than the 09 squad, while turning the ball over at an alarmingly high rate.

If you think that this is some sort of "major" difference, you're nuts. At best, it's a wash.

Factor in the improvements on defense and there's zero argument to be made that this squad took any sort of meaningful step back.

Sorry but you don't build around a old aging defense

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Sorry, but if anyone needs to let anything go, its you! :rofl:

You have made it your personal crusade to divide whatever Broncos fans you can into pro-McD and whatever other camp you think exists. I'm simply pointing out the obvious here. Instead of politicizing the issue, you could always talk about it like you dont have a weird vested interest.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry, but if anyone needs to let anything go, its you! :rofl:

You have made it your personal crusade to divide whatever Broncos fans you can into pro-McD and whatever other camp you think exists. I'm simply pointing out the obvious here. Instead of politicizing the issue, you could always talk about it like you dont have a weird vested interest.

Hmmm, not really. If anyone says anything remotely pro-organization or -- GASP -- pro-head coach, he's labeled as being a blind follower or worse.

If you think this problem was started by those who support the coach... open your eyes.

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
so because our former DC wants the best player that we had on D this year, that means we are going to trade him? guess im confused.I don't know if we will actually trade Doom...but, it does make some sense. He's not a 3-down LB. He's a rush specialist. The problem there is that you don't want to pay a rush specialist the type of doe he's going to want to only contribute on passing downs. McDaniels doesn't want to blitz as much, so Doom will not be as much of a factor. I think he's still get 10-12 sacks and lead our team...but is that worth $60m? This is one I can blame McDaniels on. If he trades him I can see why.

Marshall is the guy that I wouldn't trade unless I got a monster deal. The guy catches 100 balls a year and is a beast. You put a speed guy on the other side along with Royal in the slot...and you have a dynamic passing game.

You'd need at least a 1 and a 3 for each of these guys. Most likely it would take 1 plus a player for each guy.

epicSocialism4tw
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Hmmm, not really. If anyone says anything remotely pro-organization or -- GASP -- pro-head coach, he's labeled as being a blind follower or worse.

If you think this problem was started by those who support the coach... open your eyes.

I dont think that you know much about Popps.

maher_tyler
01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Are we still crying about the Quinn trade? Guy was valued as a late-second, early third by several teams, including PFT's draft slotting, which has been spot on over the years. We received Quinn and Olsen for the two thirds we sent to Pittsburgh. Two picks sent, two received, two players taken. Shut the **** up.

Hilarious!

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
you can be critical of the coach, but going to a bronco fan message board and trying to convince other people who enjoy watching the team and the progress they make that teh coach has absolutely destroyed the team and the world is going to end is getting ****ing old, its been going on for almost a year now. if you hate everything that much, fine, but quit trying to ruin it for everyone else by telling us how bad it will be in the future, some of us actually enjoy following the team through the offseason without that bull**** in every post.

what you will see is very few if ANYONE on this forum have blind faith in the team and the coach, but the people who hate mcdaniels with every fiber of their being seem to put that label on us because they want people who support the coach to be homer koolaid drinking idiots, when in fact we are fairly critical of the coach and every move he makes, but also realize taht he has done a lot of good for this team whether people want to admit it or not. a coach who goes 8-8 in his first year with new systems on both sides of the ball and has improved our scored/allowed ratio as much as he has has done a GREAT job, regardless if his 6-0 start didnt turn into a playoff appearance.

bpc
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Can I say that i'm not surprised?

I would be willing to hedge bets on the fact that McD correlated the plans of tendering Doom the highest amount and letting him go to the highest bidder towards Nolan in their meeting. Mike disputed, thought it was the Cutler situation all over again, McD said if you don't like it, there's the door, and he left.

Just my thoughts. Not going to waste my time posting stats, making the regular apologists look stupid, again. I'm just not surprised, and if Doom leaves in the offseason, it's just more fodder for wanting this ****ing cancer which was injected into Denver, expelled.

Ray Finkle
01-24-2010, 03:55 PM
wow....6 pages of anti McDaniel's rhetoric based on speculation.....heaven forbidden if there was a shred of truth to it....

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 03:56 PM

I would be willing to hedge bets on the fact that McD correlated the plans of tendering Doom the highest amount and letting him go to the highest bidder, towards Nolan in their meeting. He disputed, thought it was the Cutler situation all over again, McD said if you don't like it, there's the door, and he left.

Just my thoughts. Not going to waste my time posting stats, making the regular apologists look stupid, again. I'm just not surprised, and if Doom leaves in the offseason, it's just more fodder for wanting this ****ing cancer which was injected into Denver, expelled.

you are absolutely ridiculous. we are apologists because there is literally zero evidence or even logic in getting rid of doom, but because other teams want him that means hes GONE right? just like marshall last season?

bombay
01-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Froze my ass off at the Buffalo game last season watching that awesome offense pile up points and put the Broncos in the playoffs!

Or not.

The Broncos broke Buffalo's great 7 game streak, though.

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM

I would be willing to hedge bets on the fact that McD correlated the plans of tendering Doom the highest amount and letting him go to the highest bidder towards Nolan in their meeting. Mike disputed, thought it was the Cutler situation all over again, McD said if you don't like it, there's the door, and he left.

your posts have gone so far down the ****ter it is comical .....

bpc
01-24-2010, 04:08 PM
your posts have gone so far down the ****ter it is comical .....

Hey, we'll see. I've been saying from day 1 that I thought McD was going to flip Doom out of here. Just like Cutler. And the apologists will throw his ass under the bus just like Jay, Nolan, Eddie Royal, the OL, Hillis... etc, etc, etc.

I'm pretty much done with this thread. I predicted it from the start, so i'm not surprised. YAY. Daft pics over proven players! I wonder what we'll get for Clady?

vancejohnson82
01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey, we'll see. I've been saying from day 1 that I thought McD was going to flip Doom out of here. Just like Cutler. And the apologists will throw his ass under the bus just like Jay, Nolan, Eddie Royal, the OL, Hillis... etc, etc, etc.

I'm pretty much done with this thread. I predicted it from the start, so i'm not surprised. YAY. Daft pics over proven players! I wonder what we'll get for Clady?

see, you are missing the point of the "apologists"

this trade hasnt happened, yet

but lets not let that small fact disrupt the uproar around here

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 04:13 PM

We were a joke last year. Let it go.We were hardly a joke last year. We were 8-5 with lots of promise before the wheels fell off. This year we were 6-0...I would have bet the farm, we wouldn't have done worse than 5-5 after the bye. We finished 2-8. The wheels didn't fall off...the cart blew up! Say what you want, we weren't any better than 2008. Although, I think it's fair to say...the schedule this year was tough.

We'll see how things shape up this year. I don't see why we can't add enough pieces to this team to go 10-6 and make the playoffs. That's only an improvement of 2 games and our schedule will be easier.

Failure to do that...and McDaniels will be packing his bags. Think not...you're kidding yourself.

DenverBrit
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
wow....6 pages of anti McDaniel's rhetoric based on speculation.....heaven forbidden if there was a shred of truth to it....

It's getting very predictable around here.

DenverBrit
01-24-2010, 04:51 PM

Predicted what?? The Dolphins need a pass rusher? Well done! Hilarious!

TonyR
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure how Miami being interested in Doom and possibly taking an FA run at him is surprising. If I'm not mistaken Doom is an RFA without a CBA so he'd be very expensive to acquire and Denver could match any offer. If they want him they either sign him or franchise him, if not they should trade him so they don't lose him for no value. But this is all speculation at this point so I don't know what people are so worked up about. Denver isn't in a very different situation than Carolina has been the last couple of years with Julius Peppers.

Killericon
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
This will NEVER happen.

(What I said when the Cutler rumours started)

If this happened, I'd join the Josh haters, but it will, of course, never happen.

Come on guys, this isn't even a "The Broncos are shopping Dumervil" rumour, it's a "The Dolphins would sure like Dumervil" rumour. Come on.

bowtown
01-24-2010, 04:58 PM
This just in from my twitter account, over 20 teams in the league would be interested in adding Dumervil to thier roster next year.

bowtown
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM

I'll take Jake Long and a 3rd.

eddie mac
01-24-2010, 05:06 PM
The only players I'd want off their team are

Grove, Long, their 2 young 3-4 ends, Vontae Davis and off course all their draft picks.

oubronco
01-24-2010, 05:09 PM

No Shyt

ward63
01-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I'll take Jake Long and a 3rd.

So you want who to play the o-line?

bowtown
01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
So you want who to play the o-line?

Ummm, Jake Long?

ward63
01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Ummm, Jake Long?

I'm saying Long plays LT. So does Clady and if Harris is healthy, he plays RT. Also, long was the first overall pick, so that's a TON of cash in the tackle position, so who'd play where?

bowtown
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm saying Long plays LT. So does Clady and if Harris is healthy, he plays RT. Also, long was the first overall pick, so that's a TON of cash in the tackle position, so who'd play where?

I was responding to Sarah Burnhardt's post, regarding his clearly drawn assumption that speculation from Schefter about Doom logically only leads to us trading away Clady. I was just saying what I would like in return for that.

nickademus
01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Schefter is probably right. Miami would probably be interested in him.

That doesn't make him any more or less likely to play in Denver next year. If we had plans to keep him, we'll keep him.

If we don't, we'll all be upset. But, how about we wait a bit before we panic.

My dog would love a T-bone steak right now. Doesn't mean she's getting one.

this is pretty much the way I see it franchise him if we have to if miami wants to give us two first round picks than so be it.

Rohirrim
01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
http://lolfed.com/wp-content/epic-fail-failboat.jpg

Popps
01-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I love how giddy DragQueen was to post this thread, though. He's just hoping against hope that this team falls apart.

Broncos_OTM
01-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Dude MCD runs this team. If doom goes its because of MCD. Xanders is a puppet.

Broncos_OTM
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't know if we will actually trade Doom...but, it does make some sense. He's not a 3-down LB. He's a rush specialist. The problem there is that you don't want to pay a rush specialist the type of doe he's going to want to only contribute on passing downs. McDaniels doesn't want to blitz as much, so Doom will not be as much of a factor. I think he's still get 10-12 sacks and lead our team...but is that worth $60m? This is one I can blame McDaniels on. If he trades him I can see why.

Marshall is the guy that I wouldn't trade unless I got a monster deal. The guy catches 100 balls a year and is a beast. You put a speed guy on the other side along with Royal in the slot...and you have a dynamic passing game.

You'd need at least a 1 and a 3 for each of these guys. Most likely it would take 1 plus a player for each guy.
Man we are going to pay Dumervil in Deer. Interesting.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Can

Yeah, ok.

Don't know which of "theories" is worse, this or your belief that Josh turned down Shanny's initial request to interview Bobby Turner only so he could later fire Turner to spite Shanny after a new RB coach was hired in DC.

Did you have your tinfoil hat on when you thought of this one too?

BowlenBall
01-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Man we are going to pay Dumervil in Deer. Interesting.

Doe, a deer, a female deer....

What's the exchange rate of does to bucks these days? :wiggle:

24champ
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I've noticed a trend on this board....

Seems to me that the people that live in Colorado, and get daily updates on the team via local news, and get to see McDaniels interviews every now and then. As a result, we see were this team is going...

On the other hand, the outsiders, people that get their news from ESPN (were they overdramatize everything; ex:Stink calling our D-line "Garbage") tend to overreact to such news.

The Broncos could be enticed into trading Doom, since they are looking at options to upgrade the defense in terms of stopping the run. Which isn't Doom's best attribute. I also don't think the Dolphins are the only team interested in Dumervil.

Punisher
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Hilarious!

bpc
01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, ok.

Don't know which of "theories" is worse, this or your belief that Josh turned down Shanny's initial request to interview Bobby Turner only so he could later fire Turner to spite Shanny after a new RB coach was hired in DC.

Did you have your tinfoil hat on when you thought of this one too?

If Doom is signed by Miami, I think there could be a direct correlation to it.

Don't take my word for it. I don't care. McD has been all about re-writing the annals of failure by a first time head coach, so i'm pretty sure he's probably fine with Doom being gone. This just correlates with all the other people he's moved or made irrelevant because of his hunger for full control at the age of 32. Bowlen, in idiotic fashion gave it all to him too.

We'll see. It's gonna be playing out pretty soon.

24champ
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
This just correlates with all the other people he's moved or made irrelevant because of his hunger for full control at the age of 32.

Or his hunger to win by a system he was taught at New England. McDaniels isn't going to use any other system. Period. That's the way it is...

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM

Seems to me that the people that live in Colorado, and get daily updates on the team via local news, and get to see McDaniels interviews every now and then. As a result, we see were this team is going...

On the other hand, the outsiders, people that get their news from ESPN (were they overdramatize everything; ex:Stink calling our D-line "Garbage") tend to overreact to such news.

The Broncos could be enticed into trading Doom, since they are looking at options to upgrade the defense in terms of stopping the run. Which isn't Doom's best attribute. I also don't think the Dolphins are the only team interested in Dumervil.

Blanket statement.

Everyone has access to the same information these days....it's not 1986.

24champ
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Blanket statement.

Everyone has access to the same information these days....it's not 1986.

Access is one thing, where you choose to get your news is another. Most people outside of Colorado, probably have not seen the Josh McDaniels Show. Instead they choose come here for news and also watch BSPN. Both of which are known to dramatize rumors and other innuendo.

2KBack
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Access is one thing, where you choose to get your news is another. Most people outside of Colorado, probably have not seen the Josh McDaniels Show. Instead they choose come here for news and also watch BSPN. Both of which are known to dramatize rumors and other innuendo.

I have to admit, that's what I do now. I used to scour the Colorado online papers for my information before the Orangemane, but now I figure it'll all make its way here.

strafen
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I love how giddy DragQueen was to post this thread, though. He's just hoping against hope that this team falls apart.You're wrong poops.
It's news whether you like it or not.
What are you going todo about it?
Are you going to look the other way as usual and try to divert the facts?

The only person responsible in keeping this team together is McDaniels, and so far he's not doing very well.
It pisses me off what he's doing to my team.
I'm a broncos fan, and anybody recklessly handling my team the way McDaniels is doing, is not going to get my vote of confidense.
I'm not a blind fan. I see what's going on especially since McDaniels has taken over, and I don't like what I've seen so far...
Get real poops!

NFLBRONCO
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
The rumor is Ginn and 12th pick for Doom

DivineLegion
01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry but you don't build around a old aging defense

Oh you mean replacing guys like Calvin Lowery, Marlon McCree, and Vernon Fox with guys like Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, and Andre Goodman. Yea we would have been better off with what we had...They had more "youth"!

Definitely a secondary to build around.

I guess drafting a Corner, and two safeties to learn from all pro players is a terrible way to build for the future.

24champ
01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Ryan Harris was just on the local CBS4 sports show. He talked about how McDaniels really did a good job with the linemen and the one thing he really learned this year from McDaniels was the preparation for games. He is looking forward to next year, where everything he learned this year is going to be second nature for next season.

DenverBrit
01-24-2010, 10:58 PM

I believe you're right.
His and the team's local TV shows give a very different impression to the one seen on the 'networks.'
McD talks often about the team direction and what it will take to get there, if I had to rely solely on ESPN/NFL, I would have a very different impression.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Ryan Harris was just on the local CBS4 sports show. He talked about how McDaniels really did a good job with the linemen and the one thing he really learned this year from McDaniels was the preparation for games. He is looking forward to next year, where everything he learned this year is going to be second nature for next season.

kupes dad said the exact same thing about kupe, the players are in a very advanced system and are thinking tehn reacting, not just reacting. in 2nd season, should see great improvement.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:21 PM

And your source for something that was just speculated about today for the first time, a full 6 weeks before free agency starts?

If you link to another message board with someone claiming they heard from "their" sources, don't even bother wasting our time.

bigbucks24
01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
As a Dolphin fan, I find this news interestng. I would be shocked if the Parcells (or Ireland) traded 2 firsts and 2 thirds for Doom and BMarsh--as was suggested earlier. That's a pretty steep price in coveted draft picks for a building team. If the Dolphins were a player or two away from the SB, maybe. But I don't think they are. Can anyone tell me what is left on BMarsh's and Doom's contract?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
As a Dolphin fan, I find this news interestng. I would be shocked if the Parce;;s (or Ireland) traded 2 firsts and 2 thirds for Doom and BMarsh--as was suggested earlier. That's a pretty steep price in coveted draft picks for a building team. If the Dolphins were a player or two away from the SB, maybe. But I don't think they are. Can anyone tell me what is left on BMarsh's and Doom's contract?

RFAs

NFLBRONCO
01-24-2010, 11:39 PM
And your source for something that was just speculated about today for the first time, a full 6 weeks before free agency starts?

If you link to another message board with someone claiming they heard from "their" sources, don't even bother wasting our time.

I know 6 weeks worth of rumors I love it

bigbucks24
01-24-2010, 11:42 PM
RFAs

Thanks.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable trade value for Doom? Not what you would LIKE or what you would start with if you were negotiating. But what is fair trade compensation? 17.5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at, but he isn't exactly strong in the run game.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 11:52 PM
25-year old, model citizen, 1st Team All-Pro, who led the NFL in sacks in his first year at a new position in a new system?

12th overall +

I think most here wouldn't want it to be straight for draft picks, but I don't think the rosters match up that well. Miami's young talent that contributes is unavailable (Henne, Brown, Long), and guys like Porter are too old.

Still think it would be stupid to trade him though, even with his weakness against the run.

bpc
01-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable trade value for Doom? Not what you would LIKE or what you would start with if you were negotiating. But what is fair trade compensation? 17.5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at, but he isn't exactly strong in the run game.

I think the knock on his run defense is overrated at this point. Yes, he is just starting to learn how to play standing up but I remember vividly him playing pretty tough run defense on a occation. He's buoyed by the fact that he has very long arms, and he uses them very well to stun a blocker, and then shed them. It's one of the reasons why he is such a great pass rusher. He's also got a great engine. He keeps working and grinding.

Doom is in the first year of playing the 3-4. Does he have some improvement to do? Hell yeah. He has never played the position before and has been a 4-3 DE all his life. Still, in just one season within that defense, he notched 17.5 sacks. This is with offenses throwing the kitchen sink at him trying to block him. Denver didn't have anybody to could rush consistently opposite of him.

He's going to get better in the defense. It's like I pointed out to some people on this forum knocking his weaknesses in a 3-4... James Harrison was cut THREE times during the early part of his career. By Pittsburgh twice, and Baltimore once. Look at him now.

You don't even have that learning curve with Doom, the guy exploded onto the scene. If Miami is lucky enough (or Denver is stupid enough) to land him, you're going to be very happy with the impact he has on your defense. The guy is a monster in the making within a 3-4 defense.

NFLBRONCO
01-24-2010, 11:55 PM
25-year old, model citizen, 1st Team All-Pro, who led the NFL in sacks in his first year at a new position in a new system?

12th overall +

Still think it would be stupid to trade him though, even with his weakness against the run.

I agree as well but, have resigned myself its likely happening. Denver has lacked a pass rusher forever we get one plus a model citizen its hard to trade players like him.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 12:12 AM
I think the knock on his run defense is overrated at this point. Yes, he is just starting to learn how to play standing up but I remember vividly him playing pretty tough run defense on a occation. He's buoyed by the fact that he has very long arms, and he uses them very well to stun a blocker, and then shed them. It's one of the reasons why he is such a great pass rusher. He's also got a great engine. He keeps working and grinding.

Doom is in the first year of playing the 3-4. Does he have some improvement to do? Hell yeah. He has never played the position before and has been a 4-3 DE all his life. Still, in just one season within that defense, he notched 17.5 sacks. This is with offenses throwing the kitchen sink at him trying to block him. Denver didn't have anybody to could rush consistently opposite of him.

He's going to get better in the defense. It's like I pointed out to some people on this forum knocking his weaknesses in a 3-4... James Harrison was cut THREE times during the early part of his career. By Pittsburgh twice, and Baltimore once. Look at him now.

You don't even have that learning curve with Doom, the guy exploded onto the scene. If Miami is lucky enough (or Denver is stupid enough) to land him, you're going to be very happy with the impact he has on your defense. The guy is a monster in the making within a 3-4 defense.

Appreciate your reply. In looking at ProFootballFocus where they rate all the players, Dumervil rated a -12.1 vs. run. That is ahead of only Tamba Hali of KC at -12.6 (this is for 3-4 OLB). Granted, he rates very high 21.2 in rushing the passer, but it doesn't look like his weakness vs. the run is being exaggerated. That doesn't have any bearing on whether he will improve, but it makes the case that last year, his defense vs. the run was poor.

KevinJames
01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Dumervil's run defense has gotten much better since moving to OLB its hard to argue that, we would be dumb to think hes not an every down player and trade him especially after a year where he lead the league in sacks.

No thanks trade Marshall before you trade Doom. I'd rather keep em both to be honest tho.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Dumervil's run defense has gotten much better since moving to OLB its hard to argue that, we would be dumb to think hes not an every down player and trade him especially after a year where he lead the league in sacks.

No thanks trade Marshall before you trade Doom. I'd rather keep em both to be honest tho.

The stats from PFF state otherwise, though that is just the ranking from one websight.

Do you think Josh and Marshall can co-exist? It seems like that relationship is past the point of no return. Granted, the guys is a beast of a WR (one of the top 5 in the league), but I don't think I want his antics on the Dolphins. Can you get him to grow up before you trade him to us? :D

DivineLegion
01-25-2010, 12:56 AM

His run defense has not gotten better, thats why we saw a lot more of Ayers as the season progressed.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 01:19 AM
His run defense has not gotten better, thats why we saw a lot more of Ayers as the season progressed.

Ayers was a 3.o vs. the run and Haggan was a 6.1. Both were far superior to Dumervil vs. the run. However, due to Dumervil's great pash rushing, he still ranked higher overall than the other 2.

Hulamau
01-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Very intelligent response to him, dude. "Freakin' fag?" VERY classy.

Wait, we're worse than the Jaguars because you claim Schefter said the Dolphins might want one of our players?

I guess its come to that Popps Dragster is off in the deep end again :drown::drown::deadhorse:-\

BroncoMan4ever
01-25-2010, 01:33 AM
if Marshall ends up there i really don;t give a ****, just as long as the compensation is good, but if Doom ends up there I may feel the urge to go on a shooting spree at Broncos headquarters.

yavoon
01-25-2010, 02:22 AM

anyone who can lead the league in sacks is an every down player, it simply doesn't matter how bad they are against the run. robert mathis starts at left end for the colts and he's like 235 lbs.

bpc
01-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Personally, i don't even know what a -12.1 is against the run.

This profootballfocus thing is something that has been brought up a few times but for one who are they, and two are they are credible source to be breaking down film and giving out grades?

ZachKC
01-25-2010, 03:26 AM
It is a shame they won't get to put on the pads and go head-to-head with their elders/peers.

Yea, whenever would be a college football player be able to do that.

DivineLegion
01-25-2010, 06:49 AM

I honestly think I would puke. I have never seen more critical dropped passes from a player than from Ted Ginn. He is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to that franchise, Cam Cameron is an Idiot for wasting a top 10 pick on this guy. Honestly Ted Ginn makes Ashley Lelie look like a freaking all pro.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 06:52 AM
This profootballfocus thing is something that has been brought up a few times but for one who are they, and two are they are credible source to be breaking down film and giving out grades?

Ryan Clady was their 38th best tackle last year and their 16th best tackle this year.

That's all I need to know about that website.

RaiderH8r
01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Yup. That's just keep showing commitment to wining by bringing scrubs in to replace our star players.
That's the Mcdaniels system! :~ohyah!:

Doom has character issues and doesn't fit McKid's plan.

jhns
01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Ryan Clady was their 38th best tackle last year and their 16th best tackle this year.

That's all I need to know about that website.

Yup, that was one of the worst grading systems I have seen.

At least if Dum and Marshall go, McDaniels will follow soon after. See, always thinking positive!

BroncosSR
01-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Trade Doom and get value, resign BMarsh. Whether anybody will admit it or not, we need him. He's a one-of-a-kind playmaker. Dude was getting severely underpaid at his position and deserves the money now. Any one of you guys would be pissed to if guys 1/4 of your talent where getting paid 5-10 times as much...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Personally, i don't even know what a -12.1 is against the run.

Yeah, BPC knows better.

What's your site again? www.BPCknowsallfootball.com?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 07:36 AM
At least if Dum and Marshall go, McDaniels will follow soon after. See, always thinking positive!

Doubt it.

If someone puts a 1st + on the table for Marshall, he's gone. Too much of a suspension risk off the field, and this year he became an on-field distraction. It's not like these issues just arose under McDaniels, the prior staff called him out at times too.

I think someone at the Post would need to look at Pat's finances if Elvis leaves, because money is the only reason I see ED not being back. PB can claim all he wants that he's doing fine, but this would be 3 straight years he's gone cheap if he allows Elvis to walk but doesn't spend the money on a replacement (hypo: Peppers or an untagged Wilfork).

Rabb
01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Doubt it.

If someone puts a 1st + on the table for Marshall, he's gone. Too much of a suspension risk off the field, and this year he became an on-field distraction. It's not like these issues just arose under McDaniels, the prior staff called him out at times too.

I think someone at the Post would need to look at Pat's finances if Elvis leaves, because money is the only reason I see ED not being back. PB can claim all he wants that he's doing fine, but this would be 3 straight years he's gone cheap if he allows Elvis to walk but doesn't spend the money on a replacement (hypo: Peppers or an untagged Wilfork).

agreed and wasn't Shanny rumored to have been close to just dumping him?

jhns
01-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Doubt it. .

I was meaning he would go after next season, maybe the one after. You don't get better by letting your talent leave. The excuses for them leaving do not change this fact. We lose now because we are not nearly as talented as some of the top teams. I don't see us having great results over the next season or two with even less talent.

Bowlen is not hurting for cash. He has a ton of money from the family business and he claims to never even touch that. Denver is something like the 6th most profitable franchises and Bowlen says he spends all of that back on the team. we spend more than it will cost to resign these guys in free agency every year. Just use that money to retain our current talent. Free agency isn't going to be good this year anyways.

WolfpackGuy
01-25-2010, 07:46 AM

The price of spray tan has gone up due to the rising popularity of the Joysey Shewer show.

Pat has to cut back somewhere.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 07:49 AM
I was meaning he would go after next season, maybe the one after. You don't get better by letting your talent leave. The excuses for them leaving do not change this fact. We lose now because we are not nearly as talented as some of the top teams. I don't see us having great results over the next season or two with even less talent.

Bowlen is not hurting for cash. He has a ton of money from the family business and he claims to never even touch that. Denver is something like the 6th most profitable franchises and Bowlen says he spends all of that back on the team. we spend more than it will cost to resign these guys in free agency every year. Just use that money to retain our current talent. Free agency isn't going to be good this year anyways.

I know what the franchise value is along with the revenues, but if Pat is unwilling to spend the cash required, then that's not on McDaniels, as much as you want to blame him for letting the talent leave.

I've been saying all season that FA would suck because of the need for 6 years of service for UFA status, so no disagreement there from me.

CEH
01-25-2010, 07:52 AM
I expect the JETS to make a run at Doom or BMarsh or both.
They need a outside pass rush that doesn't require the blitz and Mike Irvin is already pimping the beast to NYJ saying last night after the games the Jets need a "beast" of a WR someone who can dominate the middle of the field

Sound familar

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 07:55 AM
I expect the JETS to make a run at Doom or BMarsh or both.
They need a outside pass rush that doesn't require the blitz and Mike Irvin is already pimping the beast to NYJ saying last night after the games the Jets need a "beast" of a WR someone who can dominate the middle of the field

Sound familar

Yeah.

Sounds like Mike is hittin' the pipe again.

jhns
01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
I know what the franchise value is along with the revenues, but if Pat is unwilling to spend the cash required, then that's not on McDaniels, as much as you want to blame him for letting the talent leave.

I've been saying all season that FA would suck because of the need for 6 years of service for UFA status, so no disagreement there from me.

McDaniels has a lot of say in who we resign. How do you know it wasn't Bowlen that didn't want to resign the many good players that left because of contract under Shanny? There are many examples, especially along the d-line. That was our biggest weakness the past few years. Shanahan didn't get a pass on it though.

So, we aren't going to get much better as we lose our talent. McDaniels won't be around if we don't get a lot better over the next two years. Free agency will be lacking. McDaniels better become one of the better drafters if we don't sign these guys or he is screwed. Considering he just used 5 picks in the first two rounds and none of those guys were difference makers right away, it won't be looking good for McDaniels.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 08:01 AM

Everyone is falling off the deep end when all Schefter said was that the Dolphins may make a run at Dumervil. They can make a run at him but you guys are crazy if you think the Broncos let a 17 sack pro-bowler go easy. Geesh! The drama around here.

strafen
01-25-2010, 10:19 AM
kupes dad said the exact same thing about kupe, the players are in a very advanced system and are thinking tehn reacting, not just reacting. in 2nd season, should see great improvement.So, with a new OL..., actually two new OL coaches, a new RB coach, and a new and we're very advanced?
How?!
Offensive system wise, yes. I agree there, I think the bubble screen, the dink and dunk pass and the run up the middle the players understand perfectly and have it down pat, unless there was something extraordinare about this offense system that I've missed last year.

To say learning a new blocking system with new coaches in the front line is going to be second nature, you've got another thing coming...

strafen
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Everyone is falling off the deep end when all Schefter said was that the Dolphins may make a run at Dumervil. They can make a run at him but you guys are crazy if you think the Broncos let a 17 sack pro-bowler go easy. Geesh! The drama around here.Are you confident enough to make a bet to the contrary?

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Are you confident enough to make a bet to the contrary?

A bet about what dip ****? A bet that if the Dolphins were to obtain Dumervil that it would be for a kings ransom?

You guys are on here acting like the Broncos are trying to give him away.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 10:30 AM
A bet about what dip ****? A bet that if the Dolphins were to obtain Dumervil that it would be for a kings ransom?

Define a 'King's Ransom' ?

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Define a 'King's Ransom' ?

You are a waste of time to try to reason with. I don't have time to waste.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Schefter on Twitter:

Mike Nolan brings 3-4 defense to Miami, along with knowledge of Broncos free agent LB Elvis Dumervil. Look for him to be on Miami's radar.

Oh my god! The sky is falling. Mc****Face it trying to give Dumervil away for NOTHING!!! I hate McPoopypants!!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Schefter on Twitter:

Oh my god! The sky is falling. Mc****Face it trying to give Dumervil away for NOTHING!!! I hate McPoopypants!!!

Isn't there a major difference between "on the radar" and "given away for nothing"?

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Isn't there a major difference between "on the radar" and "given away for nothing"?

Apparently you didn't catch the sarcasm or see the previous few posts....?

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
You are a waste of time to try to reason with. I don't have time to waste.

:rofl:

Exactly--you have nothing! The last time we got a 'kings' ransom' our passing productivity (yards & 3rd down conversion %)dropped significantly.......you have faith in guy who finished 2 & 8 and lost at home in a game he had to win against the cellar dwelling chiefs by 20 points! keep sippin that kool aid

Dagmar
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Didn't broncoracistdouche7 agree to be banned for three months?

Welch much?

Dagmar
01-25-2010, 11:06 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2dkwpvr.png

strafen
01-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Easy there little dip ****.
Don't open your mouth if you don't want to be questioned then.
You say the Broncos weren't about to let our 17-sack defensive player go easy. Does it matter if it is easy or not?
WTF?!!! who are we going to replace him and his 17-sack season for, retard?
I tell you again, are you willing to be that the Boncos won't let him go?
Regardless of the money or king's ransom type money :wiggle:

Debate the state of the Broncos. Stop defending McDaniels you dumbass.
Look at what he's done to our team, dip ****!

Traveler
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Anyone know what the one year tender would be if we franchise Dumervil? I've heard that it'll be $20+ mil for a DE. Not sure what it is for a 3-4 OLB.

~Crash~
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM

the people that think the draft is a no miss thing are not even in the idea of time and where teams chemistry and over all come into play .

but IMO a total rebuild might be a good thing . this team has more holes then people are willing to believe. and it is not like we have a Willey coach.

DenverBrit
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2dkwpvr.png

0-2. Par for the course.

Irish Stout
01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I've got a really good buddy who has been saying since mid-season that Doom and Marshall (and possibly Champ) would be put on the trade block this year. He believes that the value those two will carry in the NFL market is higher than what they are actually worth. He thinks Doom is a wonderful pass rusher, but thinks he is too weak in the run game to be fully effective in any position and though he is a sack leader, he's not balanced enough. He also thinks that after this season his value may be too high for the Broncos to pay him rather than trying to trade up.

Now, I absolutely love Doom, but I think that its 50-50 right now that Doom will be here next year. Won't surprise me, but will be sad.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Didn't broncoracistdouche7 agree to be banned for three months?

Welch much?

I am the official OM Welcher of bets for 2010. Feeling lucky, punk? :strong:

jhns
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Anyone know what the one year tender would be if we franchise Dumervil? I've heard that it'll be $20+ mil for a DE. Not sure what it is for a 3-4 OLB.

There is no way it is 20+. No one even makes 20 that I know of. I'm pretty sure it cost something like 12-14 mil for ends last year when Peppers was doing his contract. I do not remember exactly what it was now.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Easy there little dip ****.
Don't open your mouth if you don't want to be questioned then.
You say the Broncos weren't about to let our 17-sack defensive player go easy. Does it matter if it is easy or not?
WTF?!!! who are we going to replace him and his 17-sack season for, retard?
I tell you again, are you willing to be that the Boncos won't let him go?
Regardless of the money or king's ransom type money :wiggle:

Debate the state of the Broncos. Stop defending McDaniels you dumbass.
Look at what he's done to our team, dip ****!

You got the response you deserved. This "you wanna bet crap on the internet" is a silly waste of time. My point still stands, you all are jumping off the deep end because Schefter simply said "Look for Dumervil to be on the Dolphins radar."

That's it! No talk of if the Broncos would even be interested. No talk of possible compensation or trade scenarios. You want to speculate that the world is ending... be my guest. I'll wait for the real news before I draw my conclusions.

bpc
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, BPC knows better.

What's your site again? www.BPCknowsallfootball.com?

I'd take my info, every time. Unfortunately, i don't have coaches film to break down these guys so all I can go off of is tv footage.

Don't take my word for it, look at Herc's previous post. This website had Clady ranked as the 16th best tackle in the league.

That in itself would get you laughed out of any football discussion.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
There is no way it is 20+. No one even makes 20 that I know of. I'm pretty sure it cost something like 12-14 mil for ends last year when Peppers was doing his contract. I do not remember exactly what it was now.

Wrong again jhns. You should really research before you make claims because you are wrong so often.

After early-season struggles and battling through a broken hand, Peppers has really come on. The one-year contract Peppers signed last offseason is up, and his play down the stretch will give him some significant leverage in contract negotiations. Considering it will probably be an uncapped season, the Panthers could choose to franchise tag Peppers again for one year at $20 million.

Panthers signed franchise player Julius Peppers to a one-year, $16.683 million tender.

He's rescinded his trade demand and appears poised to play another year in Carolina. "Julius is more than satisfied with the outcome and is...ready to play football," his agent said. Peppers, 29, set a career high with 14.5 sacks and five forced fumbles after moving back to his natural right end position in 2008. The four-time Pro Bowler will benefit from getting in a full training camp.

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I wonder if Kubiak will inquire about Clady, now that Dennison is down there? Maybe Bobby Turner will come after Knowshon?

PRBronco
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm going to go let Colts fans in on this gem of information: Every other team in the league wants Peyton Manning. LET THE MELTDOWN BEGIN COLTS NATION.

Play2win
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Kubiak will inquire about Clady, now that Dennison is down there? Maybe Bobby Turner will come after Knowshon?

Yeah, and Pete Carroll will enquire about Jay Cutler, because of, you know, BATES... Hilarious!

strafen
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
You got the response you deserved. This "you wanna bet crap on the internet" is a silly waste of time. My point still stands, you all are jumping off the deep end because Schefter simply said "Look for Dumervil to be on the Dolphins radar."

That's it! No talk of if the Broncos would even be interested. No talk of possible compensation or trade scenarios. You want to speculate that the world is ending... be my guest. I'll wait for the real news before I draw my conclusions.

It's kind of funny that when Schefter said on tweeter something about Nolan and McDaniels that everybody took that as the gospel. People here were saying that if Schefter said it it must be true.
I guess the fact is, if somebody is questioning McDaniels it must be proven, huh?

I'll wait for the real news before I draw my conclusions
And what would your conclusion be?
That Dumervile had character issues and was slow learning the system?
That the guy has poor practice ethics?
How long after that before Dumervile gets thrown under the bus?

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM

He's a FA (albeit restricted) and the DC responsible for him having a career yr and leading the NFL in sacks now coaches elsewhere---those mere facts together should be enough--even in your demented and orange slush filled mind--to understand why this speculation could have some substance to it.....and isn't this an internet message board where subjects just like this are broached daily? you fail at acting like you are above the fray

jhns
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Wrong again jhns. You should really research before you make claims because you are wrong so often.

Nah, I just let the women do the work for me. I am lazy and that is what they are here for. Thanks for doing the work Brew.

Anyways, isn't this the average of the top 5 salaries at the position? Who are the 5 making 20 mil a season? That can't be easy to build around.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
It's kind of funny that when Schefter said on tweeter something about Nolan and McDaniels that everybody took that as the gospel. People here were saying that if Schefter said it it must be true.
I guess the fact is, if somebody is questioning McDaniels it must be proven, huh?

SPOT ON! What jokers some on these boards are--their hypocrisy knows no bounds when kneeling before McDumbass.....

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm going to go let Colts fans in on this gem of information: Every other team in the league wants Peyton Manning. LET THE MELTDOWN BEGIN COLTS NATION.

I'm hoping McDaniels goes after Brees. I don't know if there is a "coaching connection" but, hey, give it a shot.

ColoradoBuff
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM

Didn't Terrell Suggs go thru that a few years back with the Ravens? Disagreeing what position to be tagged at.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd take my info, every time. Unfortunately, i don't have coaches film to break down these guys so all I can go off of is tv footage.

Don't take my word for it, look at Herc's previous post. This website had Clady ranked as the 16th best tackle in the league.

That in itself would get you laughed out of any football discussion.

Well, he did give up 8 sacks and 22 pressures. Being ranked 16 of 77 is pretty good. Are you discounting the eitire sight because you believe the top 20% is too low for Clady?

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:55 AM

are they free agents? OH.

now go back to twiddling your thumbs when you're not banging your head against the padded walls that surround you

strafen
I wonder if Kubiak will inquire about Clady, now that Dennison is down there? Maybe Bobby Turner will come after Knowshon?Clady maybe. Moreno, you can rest assured nobody is going to be calling about him anytime soon...

jhns
Well, he did give up 8 sacks and 22 pressures. Being ranked 16 of 77 is pretty good. Are you discounting the eitire sight because you believe the top 20% is too low for Clady?

you are right. He shouldn't discount that site for its one crap ranking. He should discount it because all of the crap rankings. That site was the worst I have ever seen.

Although, it did show how last years offense was miles ahead of this one and that Culter was a great QB for us. I bet I can turn everyone here against that site just with these two pieces of info.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:59 AM

I don't even know what the **** you are talking about now. What Schefter said is that Dumervil may be on the Dolphins radar. Take that for gospel... that's fine. Just take it for what it is which is simply that Dumervil is a good player and the Dolphins and other teams may try to put together a package to acquire him in a trade.

You notice Schefter said nothing about the Broncos stance on the matter? Geesh!!

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 12:01 PM

moron--is Peyton a FA? OH. you can apologize now for your incredibly unfunny and off the mark post........

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Since Dumervil was one of Shanahan's players, I assume Josh will just let him go.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
SPOT ON! What jokers some on these boards are--their hypocrisy knows no bounds when kneeling before McDumbass.....

This is why you have no credibility. I have taken no stance on the matter other than the fact that this is not news.

Schefter stated that the Dolphins are possibly interested in Dumervil. Period.

No talk of what the Broncos think about it. But please.... carry on with your childish act. It's cute.

****ing bet welcher... where's your look at me picture in your profile?

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
moron--is Peyton a FA? OH. you can apologize now for your incredibly unfunny and off the mark post........

Moron. Did the Broncos say they were interested in trading Dumervil? Nope.

You can apologize now for being a first class douche bag.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Moron. Did the Broncos say they were interested in trading Dumervil? Nope.

You can apologize now for being a first class douche bag.

trading? He's a FA(restricted)....until they sign him--they can't trade him can they genius? good grief....you are such a mental midget it is mind boggling...oh wait--you live in the mountains of NC--it makes sense now..........

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Takes a special type to be proud of welching on bets. Not surprising who it is.

jhns
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
trading? He's a FA(restricted)....until they sign him--they can't trade him can they genius? good grief....you are such a mental midget it is mind boggling...oh wait--you live in the mountains of NC--it makes sense now..........

Yeah, that is some interesting logic these guys are using. What is funny is Brew is here trying to act like he is a smart guy while being shown up by BF7. Ouch....