PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil to the Dolphins?

Pages : 1 [2]

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:13 AM
McDaniels once bumped into Eli Manning. Maybe we can get him? Does anybody on the Broncos know Percy Harvin?

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
This is why you have no credibility. I have taken no stance on the matter other than the fact that this is not news.

Schefter stated that the Dolphins are possibly interested in Dumervil. Period.

No talk of what the Broncos think about it. But please.... carry on with your childish act. It's cute.

****ing bet welcher... where's your look at me picture in your profile?

You have taken the stance that anyone who thinks that a FA whose former DC just left to take a new job with a team with aging edge rushers and may be thinking of joining him .....is speculating without cause........and you are FLAT OUT WRONG--Adam Schefter says so.

but keep up with this 'above the fray' mentality--you are as good at that as McD is of drafting 1st rounders.......

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
trading? He's a FA(restricted)....until they sign him--they can't trade him can they genius? good grief....you are such a mental midget it is mind boggling...oh wait--you live in the mountains of NC--it makes sense now..........

Hey, exactly. You and dragster are the ones jumping off the deep end blaming McDaniels for something that hasn't even happened.

Dumervil can't just walk without a trade or draft pick compensation. The Dolphins can have him on their radar all they want but it comes with a price.

It's very rare a player of this caliber "restricted" goes to another team without some major compensation involved.

Don't you have to take some more pictures of yourself?

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I wonder if I can connect McDaniels with Kevin Bacon?

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey, exactly. You and dragster are the ones jumping off the deep end blaming McDaniels for something that hasn't even happened.

Dumervil can't just walk without a trade or draft pick compensation. The Dolphins can have him on their radar all they want but it comes with a price.

It's very rare a player of this caliber "restricted" goes to another team without some major compensation involved.

I asked you what a 'king's ransom' was--that was all--I do not want to move Doom for draft picks...that is my stance.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
You have taken the stance that anyone who thinks that a FA whose former DC just left to take a new job with a team with aging edge rushers and may be thinking of joining him .....is speculating without cause........and you are FLAT OUT WRONG--Adam Schefter says so.

but keep up with this 'above the fray' mentality--you are as good at that as McD is of drafting 1st rounders.......

Now you've lost your mind. Your reading comprehension is sub par for an elementary student.

The news states simply that Dumervil is on the Dolphins radar. It says nothing about whether the Broncos have plans of their own.

Yet, you and other have taken it to the extreme and are already blaming McDaniels for what you think might happen.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM

For $59.95 I'll send you an 8X10--maybe you can use that image of me, tape it to your forehead and use it for foreplay and actually get some action---that could very well explain all of your illogical stances on this site....:rofl:

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I asked you what a 'king's ransom' was--that was all--I do not want to move Doom for draft picks...that is my stance.

Who knows? Maybe it's players and picks. Maybe nothing. Who said the Broncos aren't currently working on re-signing him?

My point is, you are predicting a negative outcome based on Schefter saying that Dumervil is on the Dolphins radar and nothing more. Schefter said nothing about how the Broncos feel about it.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Now you've lost your mind. Your reading comprehension is sub par for an elementary student.

The news states simply that Dumervil is on the Dolphins radar. It says nothing about whether the Broncos have plans of their own.

Yet, you and other have taken it to the extreme and are already blaming McDaniels for what you think might happen.

What the hell are you typing about? where in my post did I state the Broncos intentions?

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:24 AM
For $59.95 I'll send you an 8X10--maybe you can use that image of me, tape it to your forehead and use it for foreplay and actually get some action---that could very well explain all of your illogical stances on this site....:rofl:

Right... I'm being illogical because I'm in a wait and see mode in regards to what may happen.

Do you not understand what "on the Dolphins radar" means? This statement says absolutely nothing about what the Broncos plans are.

But I'm being illogical. Got it.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Who knows? Maybe it's players and picks. Maybe nothing. Who said the Broncos aren't currently working on re-signing him?

My point is, you are predicting a negative outcome based on Schefter saying that Dumervil is on the Dolphins radar and nothing more. Schefter said nothing about how the Broncos feel about it.

I was not--I was defending those who you and Roh were attacking for even discussing the fact that MIAMI MAY BE A DESTINATION for Doom if we are unable to sign him to what we think is a fair contract(and this whole topic is fueled by Schefter)--but apparently to you and others--that is equivalent to asking about ridiculous trades for Peyton Manning.....FAIL.

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
What the hell are you typing about? where in my post did I state the Broncos intentions?

God you are dumb. You are talking scenarios on this thread like they are in the works.

I am telling you that Schefter's comments say nothing about the Broncos intentions because all this negative speculation is a waste of time.

Until you hear what the Broncos have to say about Dumervil, this is all moot.

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
STFU you freakin' fag. You fraking little napoleon.
We're worse right now than the jaguars you freakin' nitwit!

Now there's a post for the ages. Ha!

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Did it ever occur to anybody that this is part of McDaniel's genius plan? We're going to trade Dumervil, Royal, Clady, Sheffler and Champ for a bunch of first round picks and then we're going to corner the market on short and slow CBs. This is just another piece of Belichick's secret mission to destroy the Broncos.

2KBack
01-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Did it ever occur to anybody that this is part of McDaniel's genius plan? We're going to trade Dumervil, Royal, Clady, Sheffler and Champ for a bunch of first round picks and then we're going to corner the market on short and slow CBs. This is just another piece of Belichick's secret mission to destroy the Broncos.

you forgot about collecting slot receivers

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
you forgot about collecting slot receivers

Can't have too many slot receivers.

2KBack
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM

you might have been right the first time though. I mean slot receivers and undersized corners are basically the same thing. Except one has slightly better hands.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I think we can all agree that Miami is a possible destination for Dumervil. None of us know if Denver is open to the suggestion, but it's a plausible scenerio. I think that most people--the ones NOT on the extreme either way--would agree that whether this is good or bad for the Bronco's would depend on the compensation. With that being said, what would fair compensation be for Dumervil. I highly doubt you will see Miami give up 2 firsts. Nor will Denver give him away for Ginn straight up. Looking honestly at Demervil's strengths and weaknesses (and taking off the oragne and blue glasses for a minute), what is fair?

Beantown Bronco
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if I can connect McDaniels with Kevin Bacon?

For what it's worth, here is a clip of McDaniels taken after he saw Footloose for the first time:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vIOBUFRVkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vIOBUFRVkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I think we can all agree that Miami is a possible destination for Dumervil. None of us know if Denver is open to the suggestion, but it's a plausible scenerio. I think that most people--the ones NOT on the extreme either way--would agree that whether this is good or bad for the Bronco's would depend on the compensation. With that being said, what would fair compensation be for Dumervil. I highly doubt you will see Miami give up 2 firsts. Nor will Denver give him away for Ginn straight up. Looking honestly at Demervil's strengths and weaknesses (and taking off the oragne and blue glasses for a minute), what is fair?

Phew! There is some sanity on this board.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b7d7df 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #b7d7df 1px solid; COLOR: #033649; BORDER-TOP: #b7d7df 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b7d7df 1px solid" class=alt2>Assuming a more modest market value than Broncos partisans may want to accept, here are a few fanciful scenarios:

• Marshall to the Ravens for their first-round pick (No. 25) and oft-injured wideout David Tyree (the karmic twist being that Tyree thwarted the Patriots' perfect season when McDaniels was there in 2007 with his highlight-reel Super Bowl catch for the Giants).

• Marshall and the first-round pick from the Bears (No. 10 or 11) to the Rams for the first overall pick (which the Broncos use to select defensive tackle Ndamu- kong Suh) if Pat Bowlen can afford a first overall pick's contract.

• Marshall to the Dolphins for Ted Ginn Jr. and their second-round pick (No. 43). The Patriots liked rehabilitating other teams' underachieving receivers when McDaniels was there.

• Marshall to the Cardinals for Anquan Boldin, straight up.

Here are a few scenarios from the Denver Post. Your thoughts?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HEAV
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
This message is hidden because broncofan7 is on your ignore list.

I thought the roid-head was honoring his bet and self-imposed ban...

As for Doom. I like the guy, but if a team is willing to give up 1st round comp... it would be tempting, but I still think he stays and continues to learn 3-4 OLB.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Well, he did give up 8 sacks and 22 pressures. Being ranked 16 of 77 is pretty good. Are you discounting the eitire sight because you believe the top 20% is too low for Clady?

Considering he was 38th the year before when he gave .5 sacks, had 1 penalty accepted against him (w/ 2 declined), and while I'm not sure how he ended up, through about 12 games, Denver was averaging about 6 ypc behind him which led the NFL, it's not exactly a great metric.

RaiderH8r
01-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Unless that slot receiver is Brandon "The Slot Machine" Stokley. He has character issues and doesn't fit McKid's plan.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #b7d7df 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #b7d7df 1px solid; COLOR: #033649; BORDER-TOP: #b7d7df 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #b7d7df 1px solid" class=alt2>

Here are a few scenarios from the Denver Post. Your thoughts?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The one to the Ravens is the best. Denver's not in a position to be packaging Marshall with a pick to move up, even if it is for Suh. Ginn sucks and the 2nd isn't high enough, and Boldin is the older player and always seems to be nicked up. Add in the Cards 3rd or 4th and it becomes a more palatable deal.

RaiderH8r
01-25-2010, 12:09 PM

As for Doom. I like the guy, but if a team is willing to give up 1st round comp... it would be tempting, but I still think he stays and continues to learn 3-4 OLB.

WTF is the point of drafting well, drafting talent if you're willing to give it up for the opportunity to draft well, draft talent at the same f'ing position? Toss a known quanitity into the dust bin for a handfull of unknown quantities? I get wanting to stockpile picks, its good but at some point it becomes self defeating.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Considering he was 38th the year before when he gave .5 sacks, had 1 penalty accepted against him (w/ 2 declined), and while I'm not sure how he ended up, through about 12 games, Denver was averaging about 6 ypc behind him which led the NFL, it's not exactly a great metric.

I appreciate you going to the sight and doing your own research. Thanks for not saying, "My fav player didn't rank high enough so the sight is crap." Last year, he didn't give up a lot of sacks, but he did give up 39 QB hurries, which was most in the league. Really, the point I was trying to make is that Dumervil still has a lot of work to do in run defense. Right now, it's a weakness for him. Will he improve? Quite possibly, but as a buyer, I surely want to be aware of strengths and weaknesses. I'm guessing Nolan has a good idea of whether he thinks Elvis can improve or not.

bigbucks24
01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
The one to the Ravens is the best. Denver's not in a position to be packaging Marshall with a pick to move up, even if it is for Suh. Ginn sucks and the 2nd isn't high enough, and Boldin is the older player and always seems to be nicked up. Add in the Cards 3rd or 4th and it becomes a more palatable deal.

I though the Dolphins deal look the weakest of the 4. I think the Bronco's are going to have a hard time getting good value for him. With the on the field and the off the field problems, the market may not be strong for him. I'm not saying the Dolphins should lowball the Broncos. I'm just saying that I doubt that Denver gets what he is worth if he is traded.

Mr.Meanie
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
8-8 was an absolute FAIL.

That came on the back of his mishandling of the Cutler fiasco, the trading away of the #14 pick in this draft for Alphonso Smith, the trading of picks for Richard Quinn, the destruction of what was a powerful Broncos offense, getting knocked out of playoff contention AT HOME to the terrible Chiefs and the horrible Raiders, etc, etc, etc.

McD's first season was a joke.

Thats funny, because you predicted 4 wins for the entire season. Four.

He wildly surpassed your expectations...and you call it an "absolute FAIL"?

The joke is actually you and the other people who are blinded by irrational hatred.

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Thats funny, because you predicted 4 wins for the entire season. Four.

He wildly surpassed your expectations...and you call it an "absolute FAIL"?

The joke is actually you and the other people who are blinded by irrational hatred.

So because we didn't overrall regress record wise--yet slid historically down the stretch (2& 8)--McGenius has us pointed in the right direction?....including that 20pt drubbing at home to a cellar dwelling chiefs team in our finale?

The writing is on the wall--next season will be HORRIFIC for us and will thankfully be McDaniels last for OJT while Denver's HC....

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Steroids? :rofl:

thanks for the compliment--I'll be sure to thank my Dad for my genetic superiority (not that I didn't realize this previous to you expressing your adoration for my physique)--I'll send you a link to my fan club

www.heavblowsdogs.com

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Wrong again jhns. You should really research before you make claims because you are wrong so often.

I don't think that is right. While Peppers might have signed a contract worth 16.7 million dollars you left out this part.

On top of the $16.7 million in guaranteed money, Peppers could earn another $1.5 million if he makes the Pro Bowl and $250,000 for each playoff win, giving him one of the highest single-season contracts in NFL history.

The Panthers had to have made the deal worth his while to get him to sign the contract and get him into camp.

Suggs is a hybrid DE/OLB and when he was slapped with the exclusive rights franchise tag on him his contract was 10.2 million dollars.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3917041

Everything I have looked at has the transition tag for DE's starting at 7.77 million and franchise tags starting at 9 million. That was the value of them at the 09 season.
I thought we could tag him as whichever is cheaper though LB or DE.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
So because we didn't overrall regress record wise--yet slid historically down the stretch (2& 8)--McGenius has us pointed in the right direction?....including that 20pt drubbing at home to a cellar dwelling chiefs team in our finale?

The writing is on the wall--next season will be HORRIFIC for us and will thankfully be McDaniels last for OJT while Denver's HC....

How exciting for you! I bet you're masturbating with your own feces at the mere thought of it.

HILife
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
We'd undoubtedly get a combination of picks and players. They'd probably consider swapping us for guys like Ginn, Crowder etc.

Dumervil will always challenge for double-digit sacks...the problem is...he's not a very effective 3down LB. Marshall will be a beast anywhere he goes...but, he's done here.

If we could get a 1st, a 3rd, Ginn, Crowder (and maybe a guard or DT/DE)...then that would be acceptable.

I want a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Joey Porter, and Jake Long (he will make a good backup to Clady)

Mr.Meanie
01-25-2010, 02:09 PM

You said that last year too, including your 2 win prediction with the "sky is falling" drama queen crap.

Same negativity, different year. I bet you're the life of every party.

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
You said that last year too, including your 2 win prediction with the "sky is falling" drama queen crap.

Same negativity, different year. I bet you're the life of every party.

2-8 makes you happy then? You are satisfied with losing to two of the worst teams in the NFL at home with the playoffs on the line, not to mention the divisional rivarly aspect?

Br0nc0Buster
01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
2-8 makes you happy then? You are satisfied with losing to two of the worst teams in the NFL at home with the playoffs on the line, not to mention the divisional rivarly aspect?

since when does the NFL only have 10 game seasons?

Rabb
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM

the revisionism around here is fantastically awesome

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM

thanks for the compliment--I'll be sure to thank my Dad for my genetic superiority (not that I didn't realize this previous to you expressing your adoration for my physique)--I'll send you a link to my fan club

www.heavblowsdogs.com

Are people this stupid? Why the fucc would you respond to someone if they just told you they blocked your ass? :spit:

Rabb
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Is BF7 this stupid? Why the fucc would you respond to someone if they just told you they blocked your ass? :spit:

yes, yes he is

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Being #1 in the division for every week until the last week and losing the playoff spot... <<<---- no one wants to talk about this.

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:21 PM
yes, yes he is
+ 1

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Are people this stupid? Why the fucc would you respond to someone if they just told you they blocked your ass? :spit:

Why do you keep quoting him so everyone that has him on ignore hast to read his ****?

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 02:24 PM

question still stands.

are you happy blowing away a playoff spot late in the season by losing at home against the cheifs and the raiders?

one of the key reasons mcd was brought in here to avoid this EXACT type of late season collapse.

are you satisifed with it?

protip: it's a yes or no answer.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Being #1 in the division for every week until the last week and losing the playoff spot... <<<---- no one wants to talk about this.

In 08 or 09 because the Broncos were not first in the west every week till week this season so that is why no one wants to talk about something that didn't happen.

Rohirrim
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM

This message is hidden because broncofan7 is dumber than a sack of hammers

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Why do you keep quoting him so everyone that has him on ignore hast to read his ****?

You're right...+1 my bad.

:gus:

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
everyone knows what happened in 08 and guess what? Shanahan got fired in no small part because of it. what's left to talk about it?

fast forward to the end of 09 and it was a collapse of even worse proportion. i can't stand mcd, but i don't think he should be fired yet. because finishing 2-8, losing the kc and oak at home with the playoffs on the line is not acceptable. why is this being compared to the collapse of 08? if you think that is a valid comparason, then you think mcd should be fired i guess.

Br0nc0Buster
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
question still stands.

are you happy blowing away a playoff spot late in the season by losing at home against the cheifs and the raiders?

one of the key reasons mcd was brought in here to avoid this EXACT type of late season collapse.

are you satisifed with it?

protip: it's a yes or no answer.

no, never said I was

Although collapsing at the end of the season is not new to the Broncos
This problem has been around before Josh got here, perhaps that points to a lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball

Afterall our defense was getting gashed at the end of the year compared to the beginning

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
In 08 or 09 because the Broncos were not first in the west every week till week this season so that is why no one wants to talk about something that didn't happen.

In 2008... remember the Chargers epic failure and LT's team meeting at 4-8 and they won 4 straight and smashed on us in the final game to take our play off spot. I think they even rescheduled that game to a Sunday night football game.

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 02:36 PM
no, never said I was

Although collapsing at the end of the season is not new to the Broncos
This problem has been around before Josh got here, perhaps that points to a lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball

Afterall our defense was getting gashed at the end of the year compared to the beginning

buck stops at the HC and that's McD. there is no excuse for what happened at the end of 09 and is one of the biggest reasons i have no faith in McD or what he brings to the organization.

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
everyone knows what happened in 08 and guess what? Shanahan got fired in no small part because of it. what's left to talk about it?

fast forward to the end of 09 and it was a collapse of even worse proportion. i can't stand mcd, but i don't think he should be fired yet. because finishing 2-8, losing the kc and oak at home with the playoffs on the line is not acceptable. why is this being compared to the collapse of 08? if you think that is a valid comparason, then you think mcd should be fired i guess.

The fact that this is McD first year with everything, new staff, new scheme, new system, new everything within the organization - the fact that things didn't pan out perfectly the whole season... it's no excuse for failure and there should be none but those outlining things are usually relevant to new coaches in their first year.

How many years was it for Shanahan?

Just because I think it's a valid comparison doesn't mean you should throw out all variables and both coaches should be held under the same scrutiny.

Rabb
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
buck stops at the HC and that's McD. there is no excuse for what happened at the end of 09 and is one of the biggest reasons i have no faith in McD or what he brings to the organization.

serious question then, so this means you were glad to see Shanny go last year?

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM

and what made you have faith in Shanahan after he's been here for YEARS and YEARS and has his system in place with the "continuity"? What gives you faith in Shanahan with 1 playoff win in 10 years?

Br0nc0Buster
01-25-2010, 02:39 PM

well that depends
If you go 8-8 and think there is a downward trend, then a firing is just
There was no reason to suspect the defense was going to get better, it kept statistically getting worse

Josh was dealt a straight when he prefers to make a flush
It is understandable that there will be growing pains the first time around

Now whether he will fix the problems and get them better remains to be seen

But Shanny was failing year in and year out in regards to addressing the problems with the defense, it wasnt just his record

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
And Atwater His Ass - there is no problem with your opinion after our failure - because it IS unacceptable and if you lost faith after that then so be it.

Br0nc0Buster
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM

yes it ultimately falls on him, but he was given garbage on the defensive side of the ball and exceeded expectations

It is way too early to write him off after one season when the players and coaches are still getting adjusted to one another

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 02:41 PM
In 2008... remember the Chargers epic failure and LT's team meeting at 4-8 and they won 4 straight and smashed on us in the final game to take our play off spot. I think they even rescheduled that game to a Sunday night football game.

Well the 08 staff got fired so what is there to talk about? We made history in back to back years with new staff members. I don't see the point in talking about the epic let down of a staff that is no longer here when we have a staff that had a epic let down still coaching our players.
I suppose if you want to deflect attention away from the 09 staff then by all means talk about the failures of the 08 staff like we didn't discuss it at all during last off-season.

Mr.Meanie
01-25-2010, 02:41 PM

I am definately not happy with 8-8. I expected a 9-7 season, and possibly 10-6. The collapses were heartbreaking and disappointing.

On the other hand, I see bright future. There are a lot of things we did well, and we should be much improved next year.

The reason I responded was a lot of people were predicting a 2, 3 or 4 wins this season. We doubled, and even quadrupled some of the expectations of many people, and not only are they not respecting the fact that McD surpassed their wildest expectations, they call it an utter failure.

It's dishonest, and for some reason most of these people have an agenda to trash every single thing about the team. It gets old after a while.

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Well the 08 staff got fired so what is there to talk about? We made history in back to back years with new staff members. I don't see the point in talking about the epic let down of a staff that is no longer here when we have a staff that had a epic let down still coaching our players.
I suppose if you want to deflect attention away from the 09 staff then by all means talk about the failures of the 08 staff like we didn't discuss it at all during last off-season.

Not deflecting attention away - just saying that Shanahan/staff was never held under the same scrutiny as this staff.

Only Slowik was and the "heart" of our team.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Not deflecting attention away - just saying that Shanahan/staff was never held under the same scrutiny as this staff.

Only Slowik was and the "heart" of our team.

LOL right. Shanahan had posters wanting him gone, maybe not the HC but Shanahan the GM. People always felt that Shanahan had to much power of the team with no one to answer too other then his good friend Pat Bowlen. Bowlen came out and said we would have a real GM and a HC. That is far from the truth. McD has no one above him other then Pat just like Mike.

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
LOL right. Shanahan had posters wanting him gone, maybe not the HC but Shanahan the GM. People always felt that Shanahan had to much power of the team with no one to answer too other then his good friend Pat Bowlen. Bowlen came out and said we would have a real GM and a HC. That is far from the truth. McD has no one above him other then Pat just like Mike.

ok lol

bombay
01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Jesus. One jackass makes a silly reach in order to cast aspersions on McDaniels and it goes 14 pages?

Pathetic.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
What is the status on the "Poison Pills"? Wikipedia has something about how it needs to be addressed in the new CBA. I keep looking to see if the poison pill did in fact get outlawed. That is my biggest concern regarding Dumervil this off-season.

strafen
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Jesus. One jackass makes a silly reach in order to cast aspersions on McDaniels and it goes 14 pages?

Pathetic.No, the jackass is you.
Nobody needs to cast aspersions on McDaniels. It's all there.
Take your orange-colored glasses and you'll see it.

Wait to support a coach who is taking this team to new low levels.
Keep it up, as I see your standards and everybody else's who support Mcdaniels crap set a new low around the Denver Broncos

24champ
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
No, the jackass is you.

Keep it up, as I see your standards and everybody else's who support Mcdaniels crap set a new low around the Denver Broncos

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif

DenverBrit
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
No, the jackass is you.

8-8 is a new low?

Have you watched the Broncos the last few years?

broncos-rock
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Pathetic.

I said the samething after 5pgs. I think this is heading into Foneco territory!!

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 04:18 PM
serious question then, so this means you were glad to see Shanny go last year?

I wasn't happy about it no. I really believe that Shanahan had a bead on finally getting this team back to where he wanted it to be. He had all the offensive pieces for the first time since Elway retired. The defense needed help, but only to become middle of the pack. When Shanny has his offense clicking, he doesn't need a top tier defense...see the SB sesaons and how many games we won in the first half by burying teams with offense.

That said, I completely understand why he was fired and feel Bowlen had 100% justification for doing so.

Atwater His Ass
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
yes it ultimately falls on him, but he was given garbage on the defensive side of the ball and exceeded expectations

It is way too early to write him off after one season when the players and coaches are still getting adjusted to one another

i guess that's where we disagree. I don't feel this team exceeded expectations at all this season, for the reasons I already mentioned.

tsiguy96
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
i guess that's where we disagree. I don't feel this team exceeded expectations at all this season, for the reasons I already mentioned.

playing 9 playoff teams with a new o and d, while absolutely destroying our points scored/allowed ratio from the previous year = FAIL!

Popcorn Sutton
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM

www.heavblowsdogs.com

While you're at it... you need to punch him in the face for giving you that pea sized brain.

Only your dumb ass would actually find something flattering about someone calling you a roid head. Fuggin retard.

Dagmar
01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
No, the jackass is you.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/omgitzalbert/w22afa.gif

broncofan7
01-25-2010, 04:58 PM
While you're at it... you need to punch him in the face for giving you that pea sized brain.

Only your dumb ass would actually find something flattering about someone calling you a roid head. Fuggin retard.

I'm 100% natural--just as I am 100% more rational and thoughtful than you.....from here on out--you can refer to me as " The Standard"

24champ
01-25-2010, 06:39 PM
you can refer to me as " The Standard"

Yeah, I've seen you on Jersey Shore...

Snooki/Snickers " I think McDaniels is hotter than you!"

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/snooki.gif

Hamrob
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Only Slowik was and the "heart" of our team.Kid, are you really that ignorant?

Let's think about it. Mike Shanahan who brought two Superbowls to Denver vs. a 32yr old upstart with no HC experience. Who realistically would get more criticism?

Let's examine the last 10yrs that you like to run your McDaniels guzzling mouth about:

Elway retires, TD blows his knee out
Brian Griese experiment
Jake Plummer on board, team rebuilt
AFC Championship game, offense struggles
Plummer out, Draft Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Dumervil, Harris, Royal, Clady
Offense finishes 2nd in NFL in Cutler's 2nd full year starting
Shanahan Fired

Call it what you will, but what I saw was two rebuilding stints. The first got us to the AFC Championship. The 2nd, we will never know now. But, I believe had Shanny been retained...we would have added key defensive personnel through the draft and free agency and been back in the playoffs this year.

You have the right to dispute that...great. It really doesn't matter because it's in the past.

Fast Forward, Josh McDaniels comes in...he has no real past experience to draw from...he totally demolishes the old, starts 6-0, only to trip on his shoe laces down the stretch and stumble to a 2-8 finish.

You can kiss his ass all you want to...but there's simply nothing to point to for fans to be hopeful from...other than blind faith. However, there's a ton to be skeptical of at this point.

I for one am looking towards the draft, I hope we have a good offseason, I hope McDaniels is successful...but, I'm not going to give credit where it's not due. At this point, he's done nothing. Let him prove himself first and then we'll compare him to a two time superbowl winning HC.

orinjkrush
01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
At this point McD is Truman Capote, not Harry Truman

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Kid, are you really that ignorant?

Let's think about it. Mike Shanahan who brought two Superbowls to Denver vs. a 32yr old upstart with no HC experience. Who realistically would get more criticism?

Let's examine the last 10yrs that you like to run your McDaniels guzzling mouth about:

Elway retires, TD blows his knee out
Brian Griese experiment
Jake Plummer on board, team rebuilt
AFC Championship game, offense struggles
Plummer out, Draft Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Dumervil, Harris, Royal, Clady
Offense finishes 2nd in NFL in Cutler's 2nd full year starting
Shanahan Fired

Call it what you will, but what I saw was two rebuilding stints. The first got us to the AFC Championship. The 2nd, we will never know now. But, I believe had Shanny been retained...we would have added key defensive personnel through the draft and free agency and been back in the playoffs this year.

You have the right to dispute that...great. It really doesn't matter because it's in the past.

Fast Forward, Josh McDaniels comes in...he has no real past experience to draw from...he totally demolishes the old, starts 6-0, only to trip on his shoe laces down the stretch and stumble to a 2-8 finish.

You can kiss his ass all you want to...but there's simply nothing to point to for fans to be hopeful from...other than blind faith. However, there's a ton to be skeptical of at this point.

I for one am looking towards the draft, I hope we have a good offseason, I hope McDaniels is successful...but, I'm not going to give credit where it's not due. At this point, he's done nothing. Let him prove himself first and then we'll compare him to a two time superbowl winning HC.

You should give credit where credit is due - but when you say he's done nothing - that kinda lets me know you don't know how to judge very well.

So if we were to have ogne 0-16 - that is nothing.

If we were to have gone 3-13 - that is nothing.

Lol from Shanny's mouth - This league is not about what you've done for me, it's about what have you done for me lately - and frankly, for Shanahan - THAT was nothing.

It's cool though - keep trying to spin it buddy - one playoff win in 10 years for your favorite football team. That definitely doesn't deserve more criticism than 1 year for a first year coach - you're right. :rofl:

lol @ thinking we would have the defensive talent. We'll never know, but you're one of the few. The scheme we ran was a joke LOL How many players are still employed that were on our defensive team last year? You think our team was going to go through some overhaul that it never had before when our defense still sucked?

Only you believe in Slowick, Kid.

bombay
01-25-2010, 08:31 PM
I have to laugh when some idiot trots out the Broncos '2nd in the league' offense from '08. So sad when the #2 offense is outscored by 16 other teams.

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
I have to laugh when some idiot trots out the Broncos '2nd in the league' offense from '08. So sad when the #2 offense is outscored by 16 other teams.

So sad that you don't know your statistics. You are trying to bash the offense with a team statistic. A team statistic that only helps show how horrible of a defense and special teams they worked with. It shows you have nothing when you can't even find offensive stats to critisize the offense with.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
So sad that you don't know your statistics. You are trying to bash the offense with a team statistic. A team statistic that only helps show how horrible of a defense and special teams they worked with. It shows you have nothing when you can't even find offensive stats to critisize the offense with.

You've been preaching this forever. So what were the offense's scoring stats? And why are you the only one beating the drum that it was team scoring?

bombay
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
I would be thrilled if the Broncos had the #32 offense in the league but scored more points than anyone else.

Guessing most other Broncos fans would, too, with the exception of those who 'know their statistics'.

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
You've been preaching this forever. So what were the offense's scoring stats? And why are you the only one beating the drum that it was team scoring?

Maybe I am the only one smart enough to figure it out? I can't really answer that.

As for what we were ranked in offensive scoring, what formula would you like? We are 11th if you just take out defensive and special teams TDs for all teams. We are 9th if you add a single FG. We had a much more accurate kicker this year but you could always say all those misses are on Cutler, everything else is. Any way you slice it, we were far superior to this year, which had more points scored by the defense and special teams while scoring less overall.

Anyways, just look at what each offense did per drive. This years team doesn't even start to stand up to last seasons offense. Last seasons offense was younger and still put up better numbers everywhere. They were inconsistent and needed to fix some stuff but what exactly are you expecting from an offense of rookie-third year guys? I would say they looked like they could turn into something special. That is, if you look at the real facts and not whatever it is you haters come up with.

I like this breakdown. It tells a lot about what went on for both teams.
http://aaronschatz.com/stats/drivestats2008
http://aaronschatz.com/stats/drivestats

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
I would be thrilled if the Broncos had the #32 offense in the league but scored more points than anyone else.

Guessing most other Broncos fans would, too, with the exception of those who 'know their statistics'.

Wait, so you think this years offense scored more? The team didn't score more than last years offense. What kind of silly argument are you trying to make?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Wait, so you think this years offense scored more? The team didn't score more than last years offense. What kind of silly argument are you trying to make?

I don't think he said that. I'd be happy with the 32nd offense in yards if they led the league in scoring, too.

And I think I read that this year's team scored less than 3ppg less than the '08 squad.

/shrug

bombay
01-25-2010, 08:48 PM

This year? Didn't mention it.

Continue with argument that the '08 Broncos were the 2nd best offensive team in the league. I'll continue to say that scoring is the measure of an offense.

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't think he said that.

I would agree with you if he stopped after the first line. The second line of his post seems to me like he is saying this years team was better. Maybe I am reading to much into this? What, knowing that last years team scored more means I don't want more scoring? I don't get you guys.

"Guessing most other Broncos fans would, too, with the exception of those who 'know their statistics'"

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
This year? Didn't mention it.

Continue with argument that the '08 Broncos were the 2nd best offensive team in the league. I'll continue to say that scoring is the measure of an offense.

And again, I'm sure your statistics remark is saying that I know last years offense scored more so I don't want an offense that scores more. Really makes sense.:thumbsup:

bombay
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
LOL

Stop digging.

jhns
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
LOL

Stop digging.

So, what does it mean then? We know the statistics. Why would we like this years offense more based on these statistics?

bombay
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
You're making no sense at all.

DBroncos4life
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
You're making no sense at all.

I think he is trying to get you to say which offense you thought was better the 08 or the 09.

jhns
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
I think he is trying to get you to say which offense you thought was better the 08 or the 09.

Nah, I really just don't get his point. At first I thought it was an argument of this years offense vs last year. Then this guy comes in with wrong numbers and tells us it means something. He then makes comments about how people who know the real numbers are dumb, like we wouldn't want to score more..... I don't get where he is coming from or what he is trying to say.

The MVPlaya
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
The 08 offense was better but that's hardly the whole story of the team.

The 08 team was build around the offense, high scoring games because of the ****ty defense, relying on the offense to be explosive.

In 09 - the pendulum turned to defensive side a bit and we played a bit more ball control offense but we could never really get our running game going.

08 offense was better... and it should be. The players were more experienced in the system, etc.

Ray Finkle
07-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread to mock all the asses....

Homer Simpson
07-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread to mock all the asses....

:thumbs:

broncswin
07-23-2010, 06:03 AM
time to put this one to bed!!

bowtown
07-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Can I say that i'm not surprised?

I would be willing to hedge bets on the fact that McD correlated the plans of tendering Doom the highest amount and letting him go to the highest bidder towards Nolan in their meeting. Mike disputed, thought it was the Cutler situation all over again, McD said if you don't like it, there's the door, and he left.

Just my thoughts. Not going to waste my time posting stats, making the regular apologists look stupid, again. I'm just not surprised, and if Doom leaves in the offseason, it's just more fodder for wanting this ****ing cancer which was injected into Denver, expelled.

Great theory... top notch.

outdoor_miner
07-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Great theory... top notch.

lol