View Full Version : Krieger: Marshall trade rumors flying

SouthStndJunkie
01-24-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14255783

Krieger: Marshall trade rumors flying

BroncoBuff
01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
My favorite:

Marshall to the Cardinals for Anquan Boldin, straight up.

Killericon
01-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Good news.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2010, 01:42 AM
that link just goes to a login screen for me...

bpc
01-24-2010, 01:51 AM
"For the Broncos, it could partially correct the most head-scratching trade of the Josh McDaniels era so far, the one in which he shipped the club's first-round draft pick this year (No. 14) to Seattle for a second-round pick last year (No. 37), which he used to select cornerback Alphonso Smith.

Smith had a tough rookie season, losing the nickel back job first to veteran Ty Law and then to undrafted rookie Tony Carter.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks ran a prosaic offense featuring Burleson and 32-year-old T. J. Houshmandzadeh as primary targets. So there would be symmetry in a swap that sends Marshall to Pete Carroll's new shop and returns to the Broncos their own first-round pick, as if recovered by police after a robbery.

The Seahawks would get a Pro Bowl wideout and the Broncos would have two picks in the first 14, including the Bears' pick, either No. 10 or 11, which they hold from the Jay Cutler trade.

Of course, this would make the trade effectively Marshall for Smith, which doesn't look very good at the moment, but neither does a first-round pick for Smith, which is already done."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14255783#ixzz0dWQFwLIs

Awesome. Makes me feel all warm inside.

cutthemdown
01-24-2010, 02:04 AM
If you can get a first round pick for Marshall you take it. Remember the winning team also has to give Marshall a ton of money. I doubt Marshalls ability to function as a millionaire. I don't think he will be able to handle it. He will do something stupid.

Atwater His Ass
01-24-2010, 02:14 AM
mcd is such an idiot.

honestly don't see how any bronco fan can get behind this guy.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 02:21 AM
mcd is such an idiot.

honestly don't see how any bronco fan can get behind this guy.

possibly, and this is just a thought, that he is the head coach of our favorite team, and thus we support him?

i dont see how any people like you can be so absolutely bitter about something that you hvae no control over that you must try and convert everyone else into equally livid haters. its kind of crazy, honestly. and not in a good crazy, more like an obsessive serial killer crazy.

Ratboy
01-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Marshall for Alphonso Smith.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!

BabyTO
01-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Why in gods name would he go to the Seahawks, thats not gonna happen.

Baltimore & Miami maybe. Baltimore has a strong enough locker room where Marshall would not be an issue.

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 02:42 AM

seems logical. Smith needs to **** us over in more drafts.

watermock
01-24-2010, 03:17 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/faRlFsYmkeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/faRlFsYmkeY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>.

NYBronco
01-24-2010, 03:36 AM

Not a bad trade considering Marshall's well documented trouble. The extra money will just add fuel to the fire.

meangene
01-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Seems like the only "rumor" is the Seattle one. All the rest is just Krieger's speculation. Realistically, if we can get a #1 for Marshall, we should take it. If it is as early as #14, I would be thrilled. I could see the Bengals and Ravens as more likely trade destinations, with the Jets and Pats as dark horses.

meangene
01-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Btw, it is way too early to pass judgment on Moreno, Ayers, Smith and Quinn. You typically don't pass judgment on a draft or a player for three years. This rush to judgment on McDaniel's first draft only serves to undermine the credibility of the anti-McDaniels arguments.

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Btw, it is way too early to pass judgment on Moreno, Ayers, Smith and Quinn. You typically don't pass judgment on a draft or a player for three years. This rush to judgment on McDaniel's first draft only serves to undermine the credibility of the anti-McDaniels arguments.

His 30 player list isn't going to let him off the hook if he trades Marshall for the 14th pick when it was ours to begin with.

bap454
01-24-2010, 03:54 AM
My favorite:

No thanks.

How about Marshall for Darnell Dockett.....then we draft Dez Bryant.

meangene
01-24-2010, 03:55 AM
His 30 player list isn't going to let him off the hook if he trades Marshall for the 14th pick when it was ours to begin with.

That depends not only on how Smith ultimately turns out, but the draft as a whole. You judge a draft in it's entirety once the players have been given a reasonable opportunity to develop. Only time will tell if he is even "on the hook" for the trade.

meangene
01-24-2010, 03:58 AM
No thanks.

How about Marshall for Darnell Dockett.....then we draft Dez Bryant.

I'm a big fan of Boldin but he has been dinged the last couple of years and now is down to the last year of his contract so the leverage in contract negotiations with him would be weak. I'm also getting the feeling Boldin's best years are behind him. I would have to agree with the "no thanks".

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 04:04 AM
That depends not only on how Smith ultimately turns out, but the draft as a whole. You judge a draft in it's entirety once the players have been given a reasonable opportunity to develop. Only time will tell if he is even "on the hook" for the trade.
Well I certainly wouldn't give any more picks up for him or players. Smith is going to have hard enough time living up to the 14th overall pick so lets not throw in a player that is one of wide receivers in NFL history to catch three straight 100 catches. The 14th pick was ours we gave it away no need throwing anything else at it to get it back. Hopefully this is just one of those funny rumors to make people laugh out loud.

cutthemdown
01-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Well I certainly wouldn't give any more picks up for him or players. Smith is going to have hard enough time living up to the 14th overall pick so lets not throw in a player that is one of wide receivers in NFL history to catch three straight 100 catches. The 14th pick was ours we gave it away no need throwing anything else at it to get it back. Hopefully this is just one of those funny rumors to make people laugh out loud.

Well Broncos will just want a first round pick. They probably don't care if it's there original one really.

IMO to even get a first round pick for Marshall would be huge given the current state of things. I'm worried we lose him for much much less then that. The fact it could be somehow tied to Smith is really not an issue to the team IMO. I mean would you rather trade him for a pick lower then the one we gave seattle just so it won't be Marshall for Smith? It would just make it Marshall for whatever other crapshoot you draft right?

Just please get something for the player and move on. Once Marshall has his millions he probably screws up anyways.

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Well Broncos will just want a first round pick. They probably don't care if it's there original one really.

IMO to even get a first round pick for Marshall would be huge given the current state of things. I'm worried we lose him for much much less then that. The fact it could be somehow tied to Smith is really not an issue to the team IMO. I mean would you rather trade him for a pick lower then the one we gave seattle just so it won't be Marshall for Smith? It would just make it Marshall for whatever other crapshoot you draft right?

Just please get something for the player and move on. Once Marshall has his millions he probably screws up anyways.

You would honestly be OK with giving up a player we have the rights to for a draft pick we should have had? I'm not thrilled with the idea of trading a two time pro bowler for a draft pick period, but if we do it better not be for one that would have been ours in the first place.

titan
01-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I'd go for this one mentioned:

Marshall and the first-round pick from the Bears (No. 10 or 11) to the Rams for the first overall pick (which the Broncos use to select defensive tackle Ndamu- kong Suh) if Pat Bowlen can afford a first overall pick's contract.

elsid13
01-24-2010, 04:56 AM
The way things are working in Dove Valley it will Denver sending a Marshall and 3rd rounder for Deon Branch.

Elway777
01-24-2010, 05:58 AM
WhAT About Marshall and Schefler plus our 3 rounder to Cleveland for a their 2 and their 3 round pick plus a 5 rounder and Shaun Rodgers.

_Oro_
01-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Marshall, ideally, would be traded for another player(s). With the impending rookie wage cap it seems like not a good year to stockpile first round picks. One match made in heaven is Marshall for Cribbs, both young and unhappy with contracts, both give it their all on the field. Cribbs is return man and can run the wild cat, he's a third down converting machine. Marshall will catch 100 balls for you without a sweat. I would be happy with this one straight up. If we could get something more out of the deal, then that would be that much better.

Elway777
01-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Marshall, ideally, would be traded for another player(s). With the impending rookie wage cap it seems like not a good year to stockpile first round picks. One match made in heaven is Marshall for Cribbs, both young and unhappy with contracts, both give it their all on the field. Cribbs is return man and can run the wild cat, he's a third down converting machine. Marshall will catch 100 balls for you without a sweat. I would be happy with this one straight up. If we could get something more out of the deal, then that would be that much better. The Broncos would need at least Cleveland second plus another pick maybe 5 rounder. I would due this trade Marshall and Scheffler for Cribbs , Clevelands 2 and 4 rounders.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 06:35 AM
WhAT About Marshall and Schefler plus our 3 rounder to Cleveland for a their 2 and their 3 round pick plus a 5 rounder and Shaun Rodgers.

They're getting rid of Shaun Rodgers because they have a young NT who is better at him at being an NT.

We're not getting rid of Marshall because we have a better WR and we're not tossing Scheffler because we have a better receiving TE who can stretch the field.

Plus it's not like Rodgers is cheap anyway so might as well pay Marshall.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Marshall, ideally, would be traded for another player(s). With the impending rookie wage cap it seems like not a good year to stockpile first round picks. One match made in heaven is Marshall for Cribbs, both young and unhappy with contracts, both give it their all on the field. Cribbs is return man and can run the wild cat, he's a third down converting machine. Marshall will catch 100 balls for you without a sweat. I would be happy with this one straight up. If we could get something more out of the deal, then that would be that much better.

You're forgetting the best part -

Marshall would be a Brown.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Only if they can get a short, slow, midget CB to pair with Smith.

ayjackson
01-24-2010, 06:56 AM
You would honestly be OK with giving up a player we have the rights to for a draft pick we should have had? I'm not thrilled with the idea of trading a two time pro bowler for a draft pick period, but if we do it better not be for one that would have been ours in the first place.

You'd rather have a later pick than our orignal one? You'd prefer to compound bad decisions with worse ones? You have to get your head around sunk costs.

Dedhed
01-24-2010, 07:25 AM
My favorite:

I was into that trade last pre-season, and still would be. But there's more to think about now.

Imagine the Seahawks scenario:
Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain in the first.
or Rolando McClain and Mike Iupati.
or Rolando McClain and Shaun Cody.

I think there are a few players in the draft who can make a greater impact next season than Boldin would.

broncswin
01-24-2010, 07:33 AM
The Broncos would need at least Cleveland second plus another pick maybe 5 rounder. I would due this trade Marshall and Scheffler for Cribbs , Clevelands 2 and 4 rounders.

good trade...that would be like dealing with the skinsROFL!...I would go for this one

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2010, 08:07 AM
possibly, and this is just a thought, that he is the head coach of our favorite team, and thus we support him?

i dont see how any people like you can be so absolutely bitter about something that you hvae no control over that you must try and convert everyone else into equally livid haters. its kind of crazy, honestly. and not in a good crazy, more like an obsessive serial killer crazy.

exactly. i hated Wade Phillips, Brian Griese, and any number of the thugs, hasbeens, and losers that were brought in for the team, but once they strapped on a Broncos helmet, i wanted them to kick some ass and was behind them 100%.

521 1N5
01-24-2010, 08:30 AM
You're forgetting the best part -

Marshall would be a Brown.

This would be a very close second to the Chargers last game :)

montrose
01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
The more articles I read like this one, the more likely I think it is that Marshall is a (unhappy) Bronco in 2010.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2010, 08:41 AM
The more articles I read like this one, the more likely I think it is that Marshall is a (unhappy) Bronco in 2010.

This team is not going to deal with that.

He's either a paid and happy Bronco or he's not here.

Lev Vyvanse
01-24-2010, 08:50 AM
what about marshall and schefler plus our 3 rounder to cleveland for a their 2 and their 3 round pick plus a 5 rounder and shaun rodgers.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 08:55 AM
i hated Wade Phillips

I liked Wade.

At least he had the sense to build the team around Elway.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I liked Wade.

At least he had the sense to build the team around Elway.

didnt he bring in a lot of the talent that won the SB?

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 09:04 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!Wow...how crazy is that?

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 09:08 AM
didnt he bring in a lot of the talent that won the SB?

He brought in some of the guys who were on the Super Bowl winners.

Zimmerman, Smith, Habib, Elam, and Nalen were from the Phillips years.

I was referring more to the Miller, Pritchard, Bernstein, and Milburn pickups although Shanahan got rid of them within a couple years.

elsid13
01-24-2010, 09:12 AM
He brought in some of the guys who were on the Super Bowl winners.

Zimmerman, Smith, Habib, Elam, and Nalen were from the Phillips years.

I was referring more to the Miller, Pritchard, Bernstein, and Milburn pickups although Shanahan got rid of them within a couple years.

Miller and Pritchard where brought in by Shanahan. Smith was Practice Squad Player that Shanahan and his staff developed into starting #1 WR.

WolfpackGuy
01-24-2010, 09:29 AM
A. Miller, 1994-96 (Replaced by Smith because he wouldn't block)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Miller_(American_football)

M. Pritchard, 1994-95 (Wow, didn't realize he went 13 in his draft!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pritchard

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
My favorite:

The guy turns 30 this year and is always nicked up (hasn't played a full year since '06).

Pass big time as much as I love Boldin when he's healthy.