PDA

View Full Version : Who's on your radar @ #10/11?

ayjackson
01-23-2010, 11:44 AM
This is mine, but I think I'd like to trade back and add picks. I'm assuming Suh will be gone.

Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
Brandon Claussen, QB, Notre Dame
Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB, Florida

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 12:06 PM
depends on a ton of factors, including what we do with marshall and what FA signings we get.

brandon claussen does not exist, jimmy does, and the twitter scout guy said no one is really impressed with him at all as far as a franchise QB.

NFLBRONCO
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Spiller
Dez
McClain

GoBroncos84
01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
assuming the top 3 players in the draft, IMO, are gone (Suh, McCoy, Berry)

McClain
Bradford
Price

Considering we gave up a no.1 to get Smith I would be kind of upset if we got Haden. It has to be a front 7 player unless Josh wants to go QB. If Marshall is gone, then Bryant becomes an option. But the optimist in me says that won't be necessary

ayjackson
01-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Brandon is a ball player I guess.

Paladin
01-23-2010, 02:20 PM
None because they will trade down, and I hope get the LG from Idaho and with the pick from trading Marshall, the C from (Alabama? the big 300+ pounder).

Requiem
01-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm going to take a lot of **** the whole off-season because I am a firm believer that C.J. Spiller might be the best player available when we are selecting in the first-round. I know that we drafted Knowshon, but what C.J. could do as a receiver, runner and returner on this team is extremely valuable. Our offense needs more of a spark, and I think he could be it. I know people will be absolutely livid if we draft him, but I think he's an extremely rare playmaker who can have tremendous success in the NFL.

NFLBRONCO
01-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm going to take a lot of **** the whole off-season because I am a firm believer that C.J. Spiller might be the best player available when we are selecting in the first-round. I know that we drafted Knowshon, but what C.J. could do as a receiver, runner and returner on this team is extremely valuable. Our offense needs more of a spark, and I think he could be it. I know people will be absolutely livid if we draft him, but I think he's an extremely rare playmaker who can have tremendous success in the NFL.

REP

He might go in top 9 after combine I agree though we need a player like him on O BAD.

gtown
01-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Spiller (I'm with Req on this one)
McClain
Haden
Berry (I can dream)
Bradford

GoBroncos84
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM

I love the player, have since the first time I saw him run the ball. He is electric, any time he touches it he can go the distance. I would not be upset if we drafted him. But, I just don't think we will after taking a running back in the 1st last year. We aren't the Detroit Lions... I hope ;)

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 04:49 PM
dont see spiller falling to us and if he did i could see a team trading up to get him, after seeing what chris johnson can do teams will do everything they can to replicate it.

gyldenlove
01-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Bradford, Mcclain, Haden, Bryant and Morgan.

Doggcow
01-24-2010, 12:35 AM
I've been saying that I see Spiller being one of the best players in this draft. He definitely has the most upside.

Ramathorn
01-24-2010, 05:30 AM

I agree completely! Ya gotta draft the best player available and if he is there, then we have to draft him. He is a beast!

ayjackson
01-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I love Spiller too, but I'd be hesitant about drafting him due to Moreno's presence. But right now at #10, I don't see a clear pick, with the possible exception of McClain, and I'd prefer to acquire a SILB later as a two-down prospect.

One guy I'm waiting for the combine on is Dunlap. He could weigh in anywhere from 270-295 lbs. I'm not sure if he's got 3-4 DE potential or not yet.

mattob14
01-24-2010, 10:10 AM

I don't think you'd hear too much complaining about a Spiller pick. Like you said, he could very well be the BPA, and his speed would bring a new dimension to the offense. If Marshall's traded, we're going to need playmakers and Spiller fills the bill.

Beyond that, most of the guys I'm high on are later 1st round picks, like Dan Williams, Iupati, Cody, Golden Tate, Odrick, and Jahvid Best (although the concussion worries me). Any or all of that list could be available from pick 25 on. Earl Thomas is another guy that I'd like to see on our D, but I'm not sure there's a lot of room at Safety with Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, and Barrett already in the mix.

Bronco Boy
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd like to see us trade down and just stock up on big uglies on both sides of the ball. McClain would be okay with me though.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I'd like to see us trade down and just stock up on big uglies on both sides of the ball. McClain would be okay with me though.

given the guys who may fall to our spot, i think theres a legit opportunity to trade down if we wanted to. i think we should as well, depending on whos there.

gyldenlove
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I love Spiller too, but I'd be hesitant about drafting him due to Moreno's presence. But right now at #10, I don't see a clear pick, with the possible exception of McClain, and I'd prefer to acquire a SILB later as a two-down prospect.

One guy I'm waiting for the combine on is Dunlap. He could weigh in anywhere from 270-295 lbs. I'm not sure if he's got 3-4 DE potential or not yet.

Dunlap is definitely a 4-3 power end, he plays with penetration which is not the typical MO of a 3-4 end, I would say he might fit better as a rush OLB in an aggressive 3-4 like the San Diego or Dallas style.

I would like Spiller, but we would end up in a situation a few years down the line of having to pick between one of our 1st round RBs and letting the other one skip town unless one of them busts in which case the decision is made for us. I would not want to be in that position.

I would prefer to bring in help to the defense or passing offense with that 1st round pick.

Paladin
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
I want BUFF's. Big Ugly Fat Fuggers......

ColoradoBuff
01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
bradford, mcclain, haden, bryant and morgan.

+1

PRBronco
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm interested to see how Dan Williams performs at the Senior Bowl. With Peria Jerry last year and Sedrick Ellis before that dominating there and then having their draft stock rise, I wonder if that could put him into consideration at 10/11?

ColoradoBuff
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't think you'd hear too much complaining about a Spiller pick. Like you said, he could very well be the BPA, and his speed would bring a new dimension to the offense. If Marshall's traded, we're going to need playmakers and Spiller fills the bill.

Beyond that, most of the guys I'm high on are later 1st round picks, like Dan Williams, Iupati, Cody, Golden Tate, Odrick, and Jahvid Best (although the concussion worries me). Any or all of that list could be available from pick 25 on. Earl Thomas is another guy that I'd like to see on our D, but I'm not sure there's a lot of room at Safety with Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, and Barrett already in the mix.

Only 2 safeties I want is Berry or Chad Jones from LSU.

mattob14
01-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Only 2 safeties I want is Berry or Chad Jones from LSU.

Berry will be long gone, but Jones wouldn't be a bad choice either. It's a little bit of a catch-22 this year. We're in better shape at Safety than we've been in years, but there doesn't appear to be a high-end talent after Dawkins leaves. The Safety class is loaded this year and there's a good chance a Safety will be the BPA at some point in the first 3 rounds. Is it worth it to grab one of these guys, even if it means pushing out one of the current Safeties?

Ray Finkle
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Bradford
McClain
Price
McCoy
Williams
Spiller

Hercules Rockefeller
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
McClain, Price, and maybe Spiller at this point

I want no part of either QB, using both '10 #1s on corners, or Dez Bryant

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-25-2010, 09:27 PM
McClain, Price, and maybe Spiller at this point

I want no part of either QB, using both '10 #1s on corners, or Dez Bryant

McClain and Spiller are 1 and 1A... But if Jimmy Claussen got to us, I'd have a hard time seeing him slipping past.

NFLBRONCO
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I just hope Denver adds speed to the O this offseason so yeah I'd take Spiller in a heartbeat if he's there.

RocBronc
01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Suh, McCoy or Mclain... otherwise trade down...

Doggcow
01-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Where is Taylor Mays at now? USC kind of fell off the map, but this guy is a physical monster at the safety position and I would still love to have him.

PRBronco
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Where is Taylor Mays at now? USC kind of fell off the map, but this guy is a physical monster at the safety position and I would still love to have him.

Sounds like he dropped to late first/early second after the season, but he's been turning heads in the senior bowl thus far, so it should move him back up.

edit: Just found this article, tearing him up: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/26/draft-blog-the-case-against-taylor-mays

Harvitz81
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I think at 10 you have to take BPA regardless of position. If Spiller is there you take him.

1a - Spiller
1b - Mcclain
1c - Bryant

Mediator12
01-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Sounds like he dropped to late first/early second after the season, but he's been turning heads in the senior bowl thus far, so it should move him back up.

edit: Just found this article, tearing him up: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/26/draft-blog-the-case-against-taylor-mays

I am not sure who said he was turning heads at the Senior bowl, but he was absolutely terrible in coverage drills the last 2 days. Add that to the fact he never became the playmaker Polumalu was at USC despite getting 4 years of snaps and this kid looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Mentally, he scares the crap out of me. There are some real good safeties coming out as well as a few solid CB's who could be the next Jairus Byrd. I would stay away from Mays at his current value.

PRBronco
01-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I am not sure who said he was turning heads at the Senior bowl, but he was absolutely terrible in coverage drills the last 2 days. Add that to the fact he never became the playmaker Polumalu was at USC despite getting 4 years of snaps and this kid looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Mentally, he scares the crap out of me. There are some real good safeties coming out as well as a few solid CB's who could be the next Jairus Byrd. I would stay away from Mays at his current value.

I think it was mostly head turning at the weigh in, and he jacked some kid up. Yeah I want nothing to do with him though.

SouthStndJunkie
01-26-2010, 11:27 PM

Yep....I said a while back that I saw his stock free falling....just not quite sure how far it will fall.