PDA

View Full Version : NBC Needs more Cowbell ... Conan O'brien's last show , now with video.

TDmvp
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
http://seoblog.intrapromote.com/more_cowbell.jpg

The last Conan O'brien ending was GREAT !!! ...

I hope where ever he goes he stomps Leno ...

<object width="425" height="344">

Kid A
01-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Conan O'Brien, Beck, ZZ Top, Ben Harper, and Will Farrell...one of the crazier musical ensembles you'll ever see.

TDmvp
01-23-2010, 02:30 AM
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkn0WqtVZSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

that's some funny #hit..

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2010, 02:41 AM
only late night show i watch and not only is he now without his old show because of that douche from SNL, but he is gone from the tonight show because of Leno. replacing Conan with Leno after only 7 months is completely retarded. i just hope Leno gets crushed in ratings by Letterman, and when Conan returns I hope he wipes the floor with all of them.

Hulamau
01-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Gibbon's can still wail that guitar.

SoDak Bronco
01-23-2010, 06:26 AM
who was the guy that looked like a young david spade?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2010, 07:11 AM
DVR'd it and I'm watching right now... Amazing how foolish NBC has looked in all of this. And for LENO? He's horrible.

Guh. I hope Conan goes to HBO. I would be thrilled.

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 07:28 AM
who was the guy that looked like a young david spade?

You mean Beck?

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 07:30 AM
http://onethatknows.com/wp-content/uploads/conan.gif
I will destroy NBC in September!

Dr. Broncenstein
01-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Ben Harper
Beck
Billy Gibbons

That was sweet... especially when Will Ferrell started exploring the space.

JJJ
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Conan was never funny. Leno was never funny. Lettermen used to be funny.

That Irish guy and Jimmy Kimmel are the only funny ones on late night. Is that Irish guy still on?

400HZ
01-23-2010, 08:25 AM
only late night show i watch and not only is he now without his old show because of that douche from SNL, but he is gone from the tonight show because of Leno. replacing Conan with Leno after only 7 months is completely retarded. i just hope Leno gets crushed in ratings by Letterman, and when Conan returns I hope he wipes the floor with all of them.

That's what I'm pulling for as well.

I love Conan, but in the end I don't think the Tonight Show slot was ideal for him. That slot is dominated by old fart viewers coming off their precious evening news, and old people want something bland and predictable. Jay Leno is the Bob Evans/Country Buffet of late night, which made him a perfect fit. Conan was never bland, never predictable, and that made him unpalatable for a large slice of viewership. The cold hard truth is that Late Night was perfect for him, even if his dream was to host the Tonight Show. I think the next best spot for him would be on Comedy Central following Stewart and Colbert at 12:00. That would be an almost automatic 2 hours of television for me, although from the sound of things Comedy Central is an unlikely landing place.

lostknight
01-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Conan's ratings sucked before the disaster that was the Jay Leno Show even started. Conan never managed to get a feel for what the Tonight Show was.

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 08:37 AM

That Irish guy and Jimmy Kimmel are the only funny ones on late night. Is that Irish guy still on?

Wow. Just wow.

Wow.

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 08:41 AM
That's what I'm pulling for as well.

I love Conan, but in the end I don't think the Tonight Show slot was ideal for him. That slot is dominated by old fart viewers coming off their precious evening news, and old people want something bland and predictable. Jay Leno is the Bob Evans/Country Buffet of late night, which made him a perfect fit. Conan was never bland, never predictable, and that made him unpalatable for a large slice of viewership. The cold hard truth is that Late Night was perfect for him, even if his dream was to host the Tonight Show. I think the next best spot for him would be on Comedy Central following Stewart and Colbert at 12:00. That would be an almost automatic 2 hours of television for me, although from the sound of things Comedy Central is an unlikely landing place.

that would be absolutely perfect

UberBroncoMan
01-23-2010, 08:41 AM
I had no idea Conan was so good at guitar let alone played it.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Conan's ratings sucked before the disaster that was the Jay Leno Show even started. Conan never managed to get a feel for what the Tonight Show was.

Even so, he barely got a chance to build his brand/vision/etc.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Insane.

First, "that Irish guy" is actually Scottish. But who's counting? Same thing, right? Hilarious!

Kimmel is fine, but he hasn't figured out the late night game as well as I'd hoped he would, and Conan is still much, much better.

Letterman's still funny, and as long as Leno's on Tonight, I'll be watching Dave.

Bigdawg26
01-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah I'm not a big Conan O'brien fan, but that was pretty messed up though! I know his ratings blew, but they didn't have much patience with him. To me Jimmy Kimmel is actually funny without scripted jokes in the beginning of shows and a better host than all of them.

Borks147
01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah I'm not a big Conan O'brien fan, but that was pretty messed up though! I know his ratings blew, but they didn't have much patience with him. To me Jimmy Kimmel is actually funny without scripted jokes in the beginning of shows and a better host than all of them.

Thats the thing though; his ratings blew because usually you have a drama at 10 with high ratings, which leads to high ratings for the news and high ratings for the tonight show. When the 10 spot blows soooooo hard, that system goes to shiite.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
First, "that Irish guy" is actually Scottish. But who's counting? Same thing, right? Hilarious!

To be fair, they all look the same. ;)

Hogan11
01-23-2010, 09:34 AM
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkn0WqtVZSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

that's some funny #hit..

Never was a fan of O'Brien, but that was pretty funny.

Hamrob
01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
They all suck. Waste of good sleep time watching any of these idiots.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Wow, you sure went out on a limb for that piece of intellectual critique.

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2010, 10:13 AM
He should work at his next gig for a salary of $1 since NBC will be picking up $44,999,999 of the difference.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 10:19 AM
He should work at his next gig for a salary of $1 since NBC will be picking up $44,999,999 of the difference.

Well actually it'd just be a 32,999,999 difference. $12 mil of the $45 mil deal is going to be split up between Conan's staff, which I read is about 200 people.

I mean yeah, Conan still got paid, but just saying, he gave a good chunk to his staff.

Doggcow
01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Did Conan write the Cowbell skit? I thought that was after his time.

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 10:39 AM
To be fair, they all look the same. ;)

Bloody crackers.

Kid A
01-23-2010, 10:45 AM

From what I've read the Tonight Show's ratings were going down steeply in Jay's last year, and a trend that just continued with Conan. I don't see returning Leno to the slot saving it. Because DVR, Hulu (watch the highlights the next day) and so many other entertainment options, it simply isn't the must watch cultural institution it once was. If Conan gets an 11:30 on Fox it will become an even more niche audience.

Hopefully, though, we'll get see Conan establish his vision for longer than 7-months somewhere. He already had a loyal audience from his Late Night days, and this fiasco has won him many more. So he should have a decent amount of momentum going into whatever show he starts.

TDmvp
01-23-2010, 10:51 AM
By the way for those saying Conan's ratings sucked , They are about the same for anyone in a new time spot . Leno's ratings blew when he first took over the tonight show as well and Lettman beat him for months following the switch from Carson to Leno and not until the whole Hugh Grant scandal when he went on Leno did Leno ever beat Letterman.

Jay was destroying NBC's ratings being at 10 oclock .... Every local news on NBC had suffered and Conan as well because of Jay ... facts are facts....
I'm not a big fan of any of them really but I hope Leno is GONE within a year ...
Dude is a POs who should have grown a set and walked .

bronco militia
01-23-2010, 11:04 AM
I like them both...who enjoys only one comedian? they both have had great shows with great moments but more lame shows where absolutely nothing funny happens.

NBC is the real culprit in all of this so I refuse to pick a side on this. Hopefully Conan goes to fox so we can enjoy both comedians at the same time.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Because DVR, Hulu (watch the highlights the next day) and so many other entertainment options, it simply isn't the must watch cultural institution it once was. If Conan gets an 11:30 on Fox it will become an even more niche audience.

Agreed; I made a similar point on another board. I really enjoy Conan, however, after the first couple weeks of his show, I slipped back into old habits of watching Family Guy reruns, SportsCenter, various live sporting events that run late, adult swim, etc. That is going to be a problem for any show/act/comedian/whatever going forward that is trying to appeal to a younger audience. The older audience probably doesn't have a DVR, and probably watches their local news and watches a bit of Leno or Letterman as they fall asleep. I'm not trying to pick on older people. My folks are I believe 52 and 51, and they don't own a DVR or Tivo, whereas I DVR almost everything outside of live sports. Although I might talk them into one. But that's besides the point.

The younger viewers have a million different options on a million different channels. Like I said, I like Conan a lot and think he's really funny, but even I didn't watch him on a nightly basis, outside of the last 2 weeks.

JJJ
01-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Insane.

Kimmel is fine, but he hasn't figured out the late night game as well as I'd hoped he would, and Conan is still much, much better.

Letterman's still funny, and as long as Leno's on Tonight, I'll be watching Dave.

:~ohyah!: OOPS.

Inkana7
01-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Conan is awesome. I watched him for years and I'll continue to watch him wherever he goes. **** you, Leno and NBC. This is why you suck.

ElwayMD
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Sad thing is that NBC had a great opportunity to grow and audience with Conan since his brand of comedy skewed to a younger audience. Just imagine the possibilities in 5 years when teenagers and college students discover him and become fans for life. But instead they wanted instant gratification and went back to a comedian who appeals to those who are middle aged or older. Guess Conan will get to do that somewhere else now.

On a side note, I hope all the stars who came out and said that NBC were screwing Conan stay away from Leno for a good deal of time. Be interesting to see if it was more than just words and if they actually meant it.

cabronco
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I like them both...who enjoys only one comedian? they both have had great shows with great moments but more lame shows where absolutely nothing funny happens.

NBC is the real culprit in all of this so I refuse to pick a side on this. Hopefully Conan goes to fox so we can enjoy both comedians at the same time.

I watched both of them. I dont really take one side or the other, I just like watching comedy, funny skits, etc. Some nights one was better than the other. I dont see where Leno was at fault, NBC was calling the shots. On Conan's prior show, I thought alot of the jokes were bland and didnt expect him to transition well to the Tonight Show. I dont know if he got better writers or what, but they were pretty funny. I thought as time went on he got more comfortable and seemed thing were clicking for him. Apparently the ratings & Nbc didnt. Hope he gets a gig late night on Fox or some other.

watermock
01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't watch talk shows...other than Jerry Springer...

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't watch talk shows...other than Jerry Springer...

You'd make a great Springer guest!!

watermock
01-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh my, definetly....

Timmay...

Dagmar
01-23-2010, 03:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sb_V33EyX4U/STs1LRZVLvI/AAAAAAAABcs/XmbWvIoLSiQ/s320/cartman-1.jpg

watermock
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8X3fINcUKk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8X3fINcUKk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We need Springer in politics (I forgot, he was allready)...

Pony Boy
01-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not trying to pick on older people. My folks are I believe 52 and 51, and they don't own a DVR or Tivo, whereas I DVR almost everything outside of live sports. Although I might talk them into one. But that's besides the point.

Trust me people over 50 are perfectly capable of using a DVR and as a matter of fact most people over 50 can afford to have a DVR in every room of the house including the garage and the RV........ What a stupid ass thing to say..... Do you spoon feed your parents and are they allowed to stay up past 9:00pm and watch TV. Hey and guess what if your parents are 51 and 52 they probably still get it on like rabbits.

bpc
01-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I've watched Conan since his very first late show episode. I still remember the intro and everything.

Conan is going to be fine. He'll land on his feet, and if nothing else, he's just made himself a bigger sensation by the way he handled this and NBC.

F Jay Leno. I'll never let my tv grace his show with my ratings ever again. I never thought he was that bad, but now I can see the rat coming out of him, and why Letterman thinks he's a scumbag.

TDmvp
01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I've watched Conan since his very first late show episode. I still remember the intro and everything.

Conan is going to be fine. He'll land on his feet, and if nothing else, he's just made himself a bigger sensation by the way he handled this and NBC.

F Jay Leno. I'll never let my tv grace his show with my ratings ever again. I never thought he was that bad, but now I can see the rat coming out of him, and why Letterman thinks he's a scumbag.

Yea man that intro was so great. Conan paid his dews , helped NBC tons over the years and doesn't even get a chance to polish the show for the time spot change and hit his groove.

Nbc so screwed the pooch on this ...
NBC ,nothing but crap .

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4b5b9cf7f558570f/4741e3c5156499a7/32f2e453/-cpid/e63d46a550c52553" id="W4727a250e66f97234b5b9cf7f558570f" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4b5b9cf7f558570f/4741e3c5156499a7/32f2e453/-cpid/e63d46a550c52553" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2010, 09:12 AM

it was the same way for Leno when he 1st started on the Tonight Show. it took him a good almost 2 years to get his ratings up to a good level. Conan's ratings while not great were a major improvement over what he was pulling late night, and were better than the numbers Leno started out with when he began on the Tonight Show.

had they been smart and given the guy a full year at least to get his show really rolling, he would have had great numbers.

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Well actually it'd just be a 32,999,999 difference. $12 mil of the $45 mil deal is going to be split up between Conan's staff, which I read is about 200 people.

I mean yeah, Conan still got paid, but just saying, he gave a good chunk to his staff.

i didn't think the staff was that big, because figure 12 million spread out over 200 people comes out to only 60,000 a person, and that money was being used to pay the costs for these people moving from NYC to LA and as a transition while they either find new jobs or wait the 7 months for Conan to get a new show. I know for most people 60,000 is a lot, but when you factor in the costs of new residence, uprooting families and starting over in a new city and then the potential factor of waiting up to 7 months for another paycheck, it just seems unlikely that the staff would be that big.

Ramathorn
01-24-2010, 10:43 AM
fn nbc has pulled all the videos on you tube. **** em.