PDA

View Full Version : What your biggest fear about the upcoming off season

elsid13
01-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Just wondering what has you worried about the upcoming off season.

Mine is that McDaniels and Xanders will overpay for Orton, because some other team is interested in him.

Requiem
01-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Not getting fair value out of our possible departures and mortgaging good value in a tremendously deep draft.

cousinal11
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
-Seattle taking a stud with our pick.

listopencil
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm worried that McD's running O is going to kill this team. I hope that he just needs to finish getting the parts in place to run his system effectively, but I don't like the way NE ran the ball and I'm worried that McD was responsible for the way they did it. The Pats' pass O was, at times, phenomenal. And Orton looked, at times, Brady-esque. But I don't want our team to have to depend on that. I want to be able to run the ****ing ball.

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
That he may sign Orton to a long term deal
That he may still want to go with Moreno as his primary ball carrier
That he keeps destroying and dismantling my team
That he may screw up the draft
That he may bring more FA over-the-hill players to replace our young talent
That he still thinks he's Belicheck
That he still thinks he's the second coming of his HS coach father

PRBronco
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Nothing. I love the Broncos and there's no point freaking the **** out about something you have no control over.

...but I will literally set myself on fire if we draft Jimmy Clausen.

bendog
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Not getting 3 starters, two of whom are probowlers (and not orton to the 2010 probowler types) out of last year's and this year's top 4 picks.

I don't care about overpaying Orton. They're talking about something around 7 million a year less than they were looking at having to pay Culter. I don't care about Bowlen's money since he's already making out like a bandit on that trade. I don't think Orton is a championship quality qb, but he might improve or I might even be wrong.

listopencil
01-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Great. We're ****ed.

bpc
01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
I feel like our franchise is on "Final Destination" and death is hunting us down.

All I have is fear moving forward with our franchise.

bloodsunday
01-22-2010, 08:34 AM
The inconsistency. It kills me (no matter the logical-ness of the reasons) that we are on our fifth d-coordinator in 5 years.

We need to decide what Denver Broncos football is, and get to business.

Chris
01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
That we screw up the draft.

kamakazi_kal
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
losing good players and drafting OK players. Watching Orton throw 20 screens per game ...... watching Orton ..... period.

starting strong and ending up 8 - 8 again and watching the chargers go to the playoffs above us and choking again.

bendog
01-22-2010, 08:52 AM
That we're in a bad syfi show and lil josh and zanders are cylons.

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:02 AM

I will just never understand why people cannot get past this

elsid13
01-22-2010, 09:05 AM

because midgets never get any respect.

bendog
01-22-2010, 09:06 AM
It wasn't as bad as Saban giving up two no. 1's to San Diego for Tensi.

cousinal11
01-22-2010, 09:07 AM

I understand what I think was the main reasoning behind the deal, Bowlen not wanting to pay 2 1st round picks, and I am past it.

But, at the same time, it's still going to suck.

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:08 AM
because midgets never get any respect.

I get the skepticism on Smith but seriously, why not wait and see what happens there instead of bitching about what might have been

what do I know though

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
I understand what I think was the main reasoning behind the deal, Bowlen not wanting to pay 2 1st round picks, and I am past it.

But, at the same time, it's still going to suck.

I hear ya'

drafts are all about hindsight anyhow, and honestly we will have a shot at anyone Seattle chooses...so really we would have no excuse

Ray Finkle
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
that the lines are not addressed in enough urgency......Build the lines and we will be fine.

cousinal11
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I get the skepticism on Smith but seriously, why not wait and see what happens there instead of b****ing about what might have been

what do I know though

I'm not giving up on Smith either.

cousinal11
01-22-2010, 09:12 AM
that the lines are not addressed in enough urgency......build the lines and we will be fine.

+1.

I think that will be our focus this offseason. :pray:

UberBroncoMan

Ouch :(

My biggest fear though is FA atm.

I'm wondering who we will lose, who we will get etc.

TheDave

Because Smith got bumped on the depth chart by an UDFA and a retired player AND the fact that our pick landed in the top #15 of a very deep draft... Trust me if Seattle picks a stud at #14 we could hear about it for a long time.

As for my worries...

-What are they going to do at QB?
-What happens to Marshall?
-Who replaces Nolan?

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
back on topic my biggest fear is not maximizing the draft

I am ok with just about anything as long as it makes the team better...we absolutely need to nail day 1 though IMO

jhns
01-22-2010, 09:15 AM
My only real fear is that McDaniels shows he really thinks Orton is the long term answer.

UberBroncoMan
Because Smith got bumped on the depth chart by an UDFA and a retired player AND the fact that our pick landed in the top #15 of a very deep draft... Trust me if Seattle picks a stud at #14 we could hear about it for a long time.

My biggest hope for Smith is that he's been working his ****ing ass off since the season ended.

Next season he's either going to.

A. Work his ass off and make a serious strides that show McDaniels was right.

B. Begin his decent towards a complete bust that can't handle the NFL level.

bowtown
That BF7 will be back.

elsid13
01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I get the skepticism on Smith but seriously, why not wait and see what happens there instead of b****ing about what might have been

what do I know though

I really liked Smith coming out of the draft. I actually called the steal of the draft. My biggest biggest gripe (which similar to the Quinn pick), that the FO show it inexperience by moving up instead of waiting for the pick to come to them. They removed any flexible they had be doing that.

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:17 AM
I really liked Smith coming out of the draft. I actually called the steal of the draft. My biggest biggest (which similar to the Quinn pick), that the FO show it inexperience by moving up instead of waiting for the pick to come to them. They removed any flexible they had be doing that.

agreed

I think Smith will be fine, I actually had more of an issue with the Quinn move than the Smith move

strafen
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
My only real fear is that McDaniels shows he really thinks Orton is the long term answer.

The way I look at is this...
In the unlikely event that McDaniels manages to put together a good team from the draft and FA, nothing, and I mean nothing will trump signing Orton to a long-term deal
He can do anything he wants to, but the minute I hear Orton will be our starting QB, that's when I will start packing in and go on vacation and hope for a good draft pick in 2011

randomtask
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Losing a wide receiver that has caught more than 300 passes over the past 3 seasons, for any reason. You don't get better as a team by giving away talent like that.

gunns
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
That McD puts more focus on the offense than the defense in FA and the draft (except the OL).

That Orton is signed to more than a backup contract.

That we lose Doom.

That the new defensive coordinator accomplishes less than Nolan.

meangene
01-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Not being able to get at least a first round pick for Marshall and being stuck with him leading to another season of drama focused around him and not the team.

Cool Breeze
01-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Biggest fear:

1. Like the previous regime - that we will not prioritize the defensive line in terms of starters or depth. I want to see some real assets here. Not tweeners - if we're a 3-4 then lets get some beef up here. I believe this is the single most important spot and will provide dividends throughout the D
2. Prioritizing the offensive line. Are we a power running or zbs. Get the right personnel in and commit to an identity. Clearly red zone production suggests that a change is imminent. This will help our statue QB and the run game.

Early and often via draft or free agency and our fortunes will change. And/or get the best punter available cause if we don't improve the line play we damn sure will be wishing we had a punter - I guess we need one anyway...

cmhargrove
01-22-2010, 09:58 AM
agreed

I think Smith will be fine, I actually had more of an issue with the Quinn move than the Smith move

Obviously Quinn hasn't been great as of yet. The only good thing was he got plenty of play time his rookie year and should improve by next year.

But, for the record, just remember that we traded two picks for two picks (our two thirds for the Steelers second and fourth). So, there was not a "high cost" move for the pick. The only real issue is whether Quinn (and Seth Olsen picked with the Steeler's fourth round pick) were good values for the team. All signs indicate that we may have just taken the same two guys with our two third round picks had we stayed pat.

HAT
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Drafting a QB in rounds 1-3 when the next 2-3 draft classes will be so much better at that position.

jhns
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Drafting a QB in rounds 1-3 when the next 2-3 draft classes will be so much better at that position.

I do not follow college much outside of what Nebraska does. Could someone explain what happened to this QB class? Is it just injuries or what? I have heard for a long time that this is supposed to be some great QB draft and this past month it has changed into a crap one.

Ray Finkle
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Obviously Quinn hasn't been great as of yet. The only good thing was he got plenty of play time his rookie year and should improve by next year.

But, for the record, just remember that we traded two picks for two picks (our two thirds for the Steelers second and fourth). So, there was not a "high cost" move for the pick. The only real issue is whether Quinn (and Seth Olsen picked with the Steeler's fourth round pick) were good values for the team. All signs indicate that we may have just taken the same two guys with our two third round picks had we stayed pat.

there were rumors that Parcel's was waiting to draft Quinn....

elsid13
01-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I do not follow college much outside of what Nebraska does. Could someone explain what happened to this QB class? Is it just injuries or what? I have heard for a long time that this is supposed to be some great QB draft and this past month it has changed into a crap one.

It looked a lot better when both Locker and Mallett were coming out. Next year you see those two plus Luck, the kid for Texas AM, Foles, eligible

NFLBRONCO
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I not going off the deep end like alot here do but, I'll play along

My biggest Fears this offseason

1. The OM will meltdown at least a zillion times
2. Denver will think Dooms demands will be too much and be traded
3. We will sign Orton to a bigger payday then most expect
4. They will trade BM too soon and not wait til draft day. It will be for a player and a mid round pick not a 1 and a 3.
5. This will be a heavier O draft then fans think
6. Bowlen won't open his wallet nearly like most fans think he will

Rohirrim
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Nothing. I love the Broncos and there's no point freaking the **** out about something you have no control over.

...but I will literally set myself on fire if we draft Jimmy Clausen.

Bingo!

Bronco Boy
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Probably impregnating a girl.

cousinal11
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Probably impregnating a girl.

Hilarious!

WolfpackGuy
01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Trade next year's first rounder for another short, midget CB

Draft a blocking TE in the second round

The defensive line not being addressed

Signing Orton to a long term deal

Rabb
01-22-2010, 11:31 AM

yeah I spose' I agree, solid point

Olsen will pan out, I would even go as far as saying I think he will be a big part of the line next year

_Oro_
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
My biggest fear is that McD won't commit to the run.

gyldenlove
01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
That my penis falls of in a freak yachting accident - you have to have priorities.

bowtown
01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
That my penis falls of in a freak yachting accident - you have to have priorities.

At least you got a nice boat ride out of it... could be worse.

Taco John
01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Not getting fair value out of our possible departures and mortgaging good value in a tremendously deep draft.

This pretty well sums it up.

I have come to accept that Josh and Brandon cannot co-exist, so I'm not worried about losing Brandon Marshall as I am about losing the value that he represents to our team from a pure "player product" standpoint.

We should be able to get at the very minimum a 5th rounder out of Hillis, though I personally think that it's insane to let a player with his tool set get away so cheaply and easily.

I am excited to see Josh assemble his guys, and further build the 'Josh McDaniels Player Profile." I love examining this sort of stuff.

gyldenlove
01-22-2010, 11:46 AM
At least you got a nice boat ride out of it... could be worse.

Not much worse, it is my damn dick we are talking 'bout here...

Ziggy
01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
That the offensive and defensive lines don't take priority #1 in the offseason. Build in the trenches, and then fill in with talent around them. That's how championship teams are built.

Hulamau
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I feel like our franchise is on "Final Destination" and death is hunting us down.

Take a Valium Chris :-) There is nothing to fear but fear itself, eh!

NFLBRONCO
01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
I can see both sides to a point but, alot of people act like we were on the door of the SB and were distroying our team to kill the franchise that's silly.

watermock
01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
All our fears shall come to pass...rest easy....

NFLBRONCO
01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
All our fears shall come to pass...rest easy....

At least the Vikes or 1 game from SB

nickademus
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
The thing that absolutley frightens me is the thought that we have to replace B. Marsh through thedraft. if we fail yet again to adress the trenches in this draft Iwill puke. I will sign off on a ILB so long as his name is McClain other than that we had better draft NT, G, C, DE, G, DE NT and KR, P. these are our needs

azbroncfan
01-22-2010, 01:23 PM
That Denver extends DJ to a long term deal.

Florida_Bronco
01-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Umm, that already happened.

LonghornBronco
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Losing Doom

azbroncfan
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Umm, that already happened.

He is only signed for three more years and I am sure they can get out of last year with no issues. He has played 2 years on his second contract that was for 5.

DBroncos4life
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Teams taking Doom and Marshall away from us giving us first round picks that we have to trade away because we can't afford to pay that many first round picks.

Popps
01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Just wondering what has you worried about the upcoming off season.

Mine is that McDaniels and Xanders will overpay for Orton, because some other team is interested in him.

Good thread.

I don't necessarily agree on overpaying for Orton. Mainly because I don't think they will. I think they'll offer him a nice extension, but it won't be elite money.

Orton serves a good purpose for this team right now. He's stability at an important position. We saw how the wheels came off without him. Sure, he may not be a dynamic, 1-man show. But, he gives us a chance to win... and that's important as we build this thing back up. I think we should place good value on him, re-sign him and begin grooming a QOTF, as well.

My biggest fear is partially related to this labor situation. I just don't think people understand how a lack of a deal is going to tie our hands. This could be a phenomenal signing period for FA's, but not without a deal in place.

The lack of a deal is going to reduce the # of FAs, and force teams to trade draft picks for guys they want. Well, without an ability to go out and sign guys to fill holes... you'll need to KEEP your draft picks to do so.

In other words, no deal means less guys out there... and less teams willing to spend draft picks to bring in FAs. It's a real potential mess.

I think we had an excellent FA period last year. Another one like that could propel this team into playoff territory very quickly.

My fear is that we'll miss out on that opportunity, and be forced to only rely on more rookies to improve this team.

bpc
01-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Take a Valium Chris :-) There is nothing to fear but fear itself, eh!

Ah, fug it.

tonngo0
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
My biggest fear is McD think that he is still in New England.

Popps
01-22-2010, 09:02 PM

The last admin took care of that for us.

maher_tyler
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
We don't sign Doom or Marshall to long term deals!!

Durango
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
It wasn't as bad as Saban giving up two no. 1's to San Diego for Tensi.

Had to go waaaaay back to tap into a fear factor relative to McDaniels, and I feel similar misgivings going into this pre-season as I did following the Shanahan firing.

I just feel this guy doesn't know what he's doing beyond the on-field coaching and he desperately needs people around him that do. He obviously has some skills, but evaluating talent, especially in the upcoming draft and vet FA market seems like a an ongoing series of haphazard gambles that can (Brian Dawkins) and won't (Smith, Quinn) pay off.

I doubt he'll be around in a couple of seasons. My only hope is that he doesn't set the franchise back so far that it takes forever to re-gain a competitive footing.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 11:40 PM
im not too worried about much, mcdaniels knows how important the lines are (specifically the offensive line, as he has said 1000x throughout the season). i think pretty much everything will be better this year, minus FA signing, he did a GREAT job at that last year.

DrFate
01-23-2010, 07:44 AM
That Sparky treats the 2010 draft like a fantasy league draft AKA trading picks willy-nilly, irregardless of the value of the return.

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 07:50 AM
That Sparky treats the 2010 draft like a fantasy league draft AKA trading picks willy-nilly, irregardless of the value of the return.

Ha!

strafen
01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Good thread.

I don't necessarily agree on overpaying for Orton. Mainly because I don't think they will. I think they'll offer him a nice extension, but it won't be elite money.

Orton serves a good purpose for this team right now. He's stability at an important position. We saw how the wheels came off without him. Sure, he may not be a dynamic, 1-man show. But, he gives us a chance to win... and that's important as we build this thing back up. I think we should place good value on him, re-sign him and begin grooming a QOTF, as well.

My biggest fear is partially related to this labor situation. I just don't think people understand how a lack of a deal is going to tie our hands. This could be a phenomenal signing period for FA's, but not without a deal in place.

The lack of a deal is going to reduce the # of FAs, and force teams to trade draft picks for guys they want. Well, without an ability to go out and sign guys to fill holes... you'll need to KEEP your draft picks to do so.

In other words, no deal means less guys out there... and less teams willing to spend draft picks to bring in FAs. It's a real potential mess.

I think we had an excellent FA period last year. Another one like that could propel this team into playoff territory very quickly.

My fear is that we'll miss out on that opportunity, and be forced to only rely on more rookies to improve this team.Nice job deflecting the subject.
What's your biggest fear as it relates to the broncos, fake?!

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Nice job deflecting the subject.

i dont know if you are aware of this...the broncos are an NFL team. the labor deal affects all NFL teams. therefore, it affects the broncos!

spdirty
01-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Nice job deflecting the subject.

He already said his fear. That no labor deal in place means coach McAwesome won't be able to sign the missing piece, the next Lonnie Paxson to elite money.

strafen
01-23-2010, 09:08 AM
i dont know if you are aware of this...the broncos are an NFL team. the labor deal affects all NFL teams. therefore, it affects the broncos!I'm sure popps will appreciate you sticking out for him...
That being said, why don't you ever use caps?

Ok, back to the subject. Yes the labor agreement issues affect the Broncos and everybody in the NFL.
What popps said and did was just a blatant move to sidestep the real issues with the Broncos. He's afraid to come on record and say anything negative about McDaniels, you know it, he knows it, and eveybody knows that's why he replied to this thread with a lame comment about Orton and then diverted the whole thing to NFL bigger issues which are legit, but it just came out so fake and insencere is laughable!

Even if you're a McDaniels hardcore supporter, don't tell me or anybody else for that matter, that McDaniels unpredictable decisions is something doesn't bring a degree of fear in you. Let's not call it fear, let's just say, it may concern you a bit.
I'm sure chaos at Dove Valley has pretty much become a staple for the Mcdaniels administration.
It seems chaos, team mutiny, head-scratching decisions, on top of his arrogance, will be part of his legacy when everything is said and done in 2 years.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Not much worse, it is my damn dick we are talking 'bout here...

So... no "big" loss than, right?

HEEEEYOOOOOOOO

Play2win
01-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Stop the run. period.

Also, I don't see how we can not make priority #1 bringing in BIG, STRONG OL and DL. It has to be a priority, so I am not worried about that at all.

But, whatever it takes, we have to stop the run next year!!

Hamrob
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
My biggest fear is that McDaniels doesn't learn from his many mistakes and continues his immature, ego-maniac ways!

At this point there is a whole list of things he potentially ****ed up, and there's a very short list (if one exists) of things he has done well.

Granted this is only his 2d year, but it is a make or break year for him. He made it that way.

McDaniels is a smart guy who is cutting his teeth with our team. My greatest fear includes him ****ing it up beyond recognition only to get fired after 2yrs having completely lost the Denver Broncos identity in the process.

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Stop the run. period.

Also, I don't see how we can not make priority #1 bringing in BIG, STRONG OL and DL. It has to be a priority, so I am not worried about that at all.

But, whatever it takes, we have to stop the run next year!!

They had chances to address the DL in last year's draft.

But NOOOO!

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm sure popps will appreciate you sticking out for him...
That being said, why don't you ever use caps?

Ok, back to the subject. Yes the labor agreement issues affect the Broncos and everybody in the NFL.
What popps said and did was just a blatant move to sidestep the real issues with the Broncos. He's afraid to come on record and say anything negative about McDaniels, you know it, he knows it, and eveybody knows that's why he replied to this thread with a lame comment about Orton and then diverted the whole thing to NFL bigger issues which are legit, but it just came out so fake and insencere is laughable!

Even if you're a McDaniels hardcore supporter, don't tell me or anybody else for that matter, that McDaniels unpredictable decisions is something doesn't bring a degree of fear in you. Let's not call it fear, let's just say, it may concern you a bit.
I'm sure chaos at Dove Valley has pretty much become a staple for the Mcdaniels administration.
It seems chaos, team mutiny, head-scratching decisions, on top of his arrogance, will be part of his legacy when everything is said and done in 2 years.

he has said several things negative about mcdaniels, every mcdaniels supporter has because hes not perfect. his draft last year was not great, hes been stubborn about playcalling etc, but we dont go around talking about how ****ty of a coach he is in every single thread thats on this forum so we are seen as never saying anything bad about him.

but you know EVERYTHING about the nfl and all its coaches and exactly the team dynamics taht are going on in denver, so we should just refer to what you say and close this forum, maybe turn it into your own blog?

tsiguy96
01-23-2010, 09:26 AM
My biggest fear is that McDaniels doesn't learn from his many mistakes and continues his immature, ego-maniac ways!

At this point there is a whole list of things he potentially ****ed up, and there's a very short list (if one exists) of things he has done well.

Granted this is only his 2d year, but it is a make or break year for him. He made it that way.

McDaniels is a smart guy who is cutting his teeth with our team. My greatest fear includes him ****ing it up beyond recognition only to get fired after 2yrs having completely lost the Denver Broncos identity in the process.

a short list of things hes done well? how about dramatically improving the defense from worst to good injust one year? or going .500 in his first year as head coach, something that doesnt happen near as often as people think it does.

you people act like mcdaniels is willing to lsoe football games just so he does not have to improve the team and admit the faults of last years teams, regardless of the fact that he talked at length about the faults of the team in his season ending presser.

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2010, 09:35 AM
or going .500 in his first year as head coach, something that doesnt happen near as often as people think it does.

It's not like the Broncos were the Cheaps, Faiders, Lions, or Rams...

Shanahan didn't exactly leave a crappy team behind.

They're on that track though.

strafen
01-23-2010, 09:53 AM

They're on that track though.we're on track to be the next Rams...

TDmvp
01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Biggest fear .

Becoming the 80's-90's Bengals ...

Paladin
01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I hope McD continues to make the "many mistakes" some have claimed, and that he remains ego centric, demanding, and defiant, and continues to ignore the emotional and uninformed gibberish posted by all Mane posters.

It would be a blast on this Board the whole summer. Meltdown after meltdown. I mean, the new cuss words and epithets some here would invent would probably lead to the permanent banning of the Mane "reporters" from Dove Valley for the next fifteen years.

I fear that I can hardly wait.....

Paladin
01-23-2010, 10:21 AM
a short list of things hes done well? how about dramatically improving the defense from worst to good injust one year? or going .500 in his first year as head coach, something that doesnt happen near as often as people think it does.

you people act like mcdaniels is willing to lsoe football games just so he does not have to improve the team and admit the faults of last years teams, regardless of the fact that he talked at length about the faults of the team in his season ending presser.

Hold on there, fella. You coming off as too logical, too mature and too knowledgeable for this crowd. They are wanting to b*tch and moan some more. Sit back and enjoy the meltdown. We will have more crow servings next year......

But good post.

Rohirrim
01-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Biggest fear .

Becoming the 80's-90's Bengals ...

The Bengals won the AFC Conference twice in the 80s.

HAT
01-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Right....He left an average one behind that played .500 ball for the previous 3 years.

Pretty safe bet that McD's Broncos will have more than 24 wins after year 3.

woodall
01-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't say that is a safe bet.

Killericon
01-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Nolan leaving.

(Seriously, if you had asked the question before he left, that'd be #1)

Orton being out #1 QB next year.
Us not getting a new LG.
Brandon Marshall getting a big fat contract.
Dumervil leaving.
Us hiring a Defensive Coordinator who runs the 4-3.

Yeah.

Atwater His Ass
01-24-2010, 02:13 AM
biggest fear is how far mcd will drive this team into the ground before he gets fired and we get a real nfl coach in here

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 02:26 AM
biggest fear is how far mcd will drive this team into the ground before he gets fired and we get a real nfl coach in here

real nfl coaches do better than 8-8 in their first season as HC?

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 02:54 AM
real nfl coaches do better than 8-8 in their first season as HC?

Will you be watching the AFC championship game tomorrow?

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 08:46 AM
real nfl coaches do better than 8-8 in their first season as HC?I wonder how well, "Real NFL coaches" do during their last 10 games of their first season?

Cito Pelon
01-24-2010, 09:48 AM

Wow, this is the kind of fan a franchise needs.

Inkana7
01-24-2010, 10:44 AM

Why are you so gay?

Popps
01-24-2010, 10:52 AM

They're on that track though.

He left the worst D in the league, a sloppy QB and a 16th ranked scoring offense.

How were we "on track" again?

Please.

NFLBRONCO
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Not surprised about possibility either guy being moved because neither was McD's guys. Only thing I will say now is I hope we don't trade all our young talent for aging players have a whole team of aarp guys please get day 1 picks as well. Lets see how it plays out but, if Adam says it I believe him more then most sources.

steeledude
01-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm not really afraid anymore. The concerns I had that started with the Cutler debacle have all happened. I think our team is hosed for years. I don't realistically see what more damage he could do. He's gotten rid of the core of our youthful offensive talent (or will soon with the departure of Marshall), patched our defense together with old guys, which is great, but then he jettisoned out the coordinator who got the most out of that unit.

Seriously this team is about as close to a disaster as you can see. I mean it's hard to destroy a team crafted by a hall of fame bound coach, so we need to give McD a couple years to do it effectively.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Cutler aside, what young talent?

After all the bitching about years of bad drafts by Shanahan by people on this board, all of a sudden McDaniels inherited a team that was stacked with young talent?

Who left?

Paymah, oooooh

Who else? This team had 0 depth and 0 leadership. The majority of the guys who were let go, weren't in the NFL this year.

I realize you hate McDaniels, but at least try to come up with a reason that's actually grounded in reality, saying he's replacing young "talent" with older players just isn't true because there wasn't much young talent on this team to begin with.

GoBroncos84
01-24-2010, 01:23 PM
biggest fear is that instead of only having to focus on our current holes (front 7, interior o-line) we will also have to fill other holes (wr, rush linebacker) because we don't sign our own players.

elsid13
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I want to add, that I fear that are biggest FA addition is Kevin Faulk. I could see McDaniels overpaying for him too.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
biggest fear is that instead of only having to focus on our current holes (front 7, interior o-line) we will also have to fill other holes (wr, rush linebacker) because we don't sign our own players.

mcdaniels isnt dumb, hes not gonna let good talent go away, and if he does it wont be cheaply.

tsiguy96
01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I want to add, that I fear that are biggest FA addition is Kevin Faulk. I could see McDaniels overpaying for him too.

i really, really hope we do not sign him as well. its a distinct possibility however.

Hamrob
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
mcdaniels isnt dumb, hes not gonna let good talent go away, and if he does it wont be cheaply.How the hell do you know...are you his wife?

montrose
01-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Prolonged distractions. Resolve Marshall one way or the another, just do it quickly. My biggest fear is this Marshall crap drags along all the way into camp again and doesn't let the team focus on getting better.