PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to split o-line coaching duties; and other coaching news

meangene
01-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Broncos split O-line coaching job
By Jeff Legwold

The Broncos are expected to divide the duties between two assistants to coach their offensive line.

Bob Wylie, a long-time NFL assistant who has spent the last three years in the Canadian Football League, will be an assistant offensive line coach as will Clancy Barone, who coached the team’s tight ends this past season.

The two will join incoming running backs coach Eric Studesville in new positions on the staff. Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels has also interviewed both former Patriots assistant Dean Pees and Broncos linebackers coach Don Martindale for the team’s defensive coordinator position. Martindale is expected by some in the league to get the nod.

Ben McDaniels, an offensive assistant for the Broncos and Josh McDaniels’ younger brother, has been considered for a larger role on the staff as well and is a possibility to replace Barone as tight ends coach.

The Broncos could formally announce their hires as soon as Friday.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 02:56 AM
good for martindale, just hope he is capable of being a great first year dc

Bronco LB52
01-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Bob Wylie
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_No9RcUMNZNM/SdEb5P54m8I/AAAAAAAAFAg/-AA5vAD5Hgw/s400/wylie.jpg

http://static.cdn.mrx.ca/cfl/league/images/en/newser/2009/03/83940.jpg

meangene
01-22-2010, 03:05 AM
good for martindale, just hope he is capable of being a great first year dc

I think he will do well - he is a well-respected coach who has earned his shot as a DC. He will bring continuity and I was concerned about Pees health issues. Wonder who will coach the LB's?

Bronco LB52
01-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Bob Wylie's Resume:

2009 Offensive Line Coach Saskatchewan Roughriders
2007-08 Offensive Line Coach Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2005-06 Offensive Line Coach Syracuse
2004 Offensive Line Coach Arizona Cardinals
1999-2003 Offensive Line Coach Chicago Bears
1997-98 Tight Ends Coach Cincinnati Bengals
1996 Offensive Line Coach University of Cincinnati
1992-95 Offensive Line Coach Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1990-91 Tight Ends Coach New York Jets
1988-89 Offensive Line Coach Colorado State
1985-87 Offensive Coordinator Ohio University
1983-84 Offensive Line Coach Holy Cross
1980-82 Offensive Line Coach Brown University

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:10 AM
he's so dead they had to colorize im.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
I think he will do well - he is a well-respected coach who has earned his shot as a DC. He will bring continuity and I was concerned about Pees health issues. Wonder who will coach the LB's?

players want him too, i hope he gets it over pees because continuity will be very good for this team right now, but just hope he performs.

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:13 AM
K..OL. Colordo State.

Bringin the heavy hitters now..

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:16 AM
He's binging in pees to go the Wylie Cyote

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:17 AM
wow

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:20 AM
I smell lockout

Bronco LB52
01-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Take it for what it's worth, Saskatchewan Roughriders fans aren't thrilled about losing Wylie.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83652

Cool Breeze
01-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Take it for what it's worth, Saskatchewan Roughriders fans aren't thrilled about losing Wylie.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83652

Hey good find here.
Too bad that twitter bitch can't get off her knees long enough to find out stuff that really matters.

jhat01
01-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey good find here.
Too bad that twitter b**** can't get off her knees long enough to find out stuff that really matters.

Ain't that the truth.

Broncoman13
01-22-2010, 06:39 AM
players want him too, i hope he gets it over pees because continuity will be very good for this team right now, but just hope he performs.

WTF, who cares if the players want him? Did you not learn your lesson the last time a players "wanted" a certain position coach for DC?

Not saying the Martindale wouldn't do well, just saying that I could care less what the players "want"!

TheDave
01-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Huh...I don't understand the 2 assistant OLine coaches.

I would think that for something as important as OLine it would have a dedicated coach.

Rohirrim
01-22-2010, 06:53 AM

I would think that for something as important as OLine it would have a dedicated coach.

It's so important, it gets two coaches.

TheDave
01-22-2010, 06:56 AM
It's so important, it gets two coaches.

I guess... Maybe I'm just too hung up on the "assistant" phrase.

When I read it I couldn't help but think of "The Office" where there are 2 co-managers... Then I started thinking one of our coaches was Michael Scott and I got a lettle worried. ;D

houghtam
01-22-2010, 06:58 AM
THE Bob Wiley?

Maybe we can get Dr. Leo Marvin to be team doctor?

Beantown Bronco
01-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Bob Wylie
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_No9RcUMNZNM/SdEb5P54m8I/AAAAAAAAFAg/-AA5vAD5Hgw/s400/wylie.jpg

Holy crap. What is this guy? Wilford Brimley's stunt double?!?

I guess they needed someone to do the local PSAs for "the beetus" with Cutler gone.

Rabb
01-22-2010, 07:15 AM
WTF, who cares if the players want him? Did you not learn your lesson the last time a players "wanted" a certain position coach for DC?

Not saying the Martindale wouldn't do well, just saying that I could care less what the players "want"!

yeah I agree and disagree...I agree that we cannot let inmates run the asylum but on the other hand this team needs some happy news in the locker room and with a move like this, the players look at it like one of "their guys" making it and will probably perform

sounds stupid I know, but it's true

PaintballCLE
01-22-2010, 07:18 AM
THE Bob Wiley?

Maybe we can get Dr. Leo Marvin to be team doctor?

Baby steps....

Popcorn Sutton
01-22-2010, 07:22 AM

I don't know. I kind of like the way this sounds. This offense uses TE's primarily as blockers. I would assume this means the TE's will be involved in the meetings with the O Line and vice versa. When they need specific position coaching the TE's have Barone and the O Line has Wylie; but the ultimate goal is to be a better blocking team which means they all need to work together.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Beantown Bronco
01-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Baby steps....

If he's got a fish named Gil that he keeps in a mason jar, all bets are off.

Paladin
01-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Huh...I don't understand........

LOL

Precisley.

TheDave
01-22-2010, 07:33 AM
LOL

Precisley.

It's cute how you have become my personal Internet stalker... Hilarious!

Paladin
01-22-2010, 07:38 AM
This message is hidden because TheDave is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

RIP.....

TheDave
01-22-2010, 07:46 AM
This message is hidden because TheDave is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

RIP.....

YES!!!

I have made it on a list...

I feel my life on the mane is now complete. :approve:

gyldenlove
01-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Finally a bit of good news.

orinjkrush
01-22-2010, 07:49 AM
decentralizing subordinates might actually be a clever way of centralizing power at the top

strafen
01-22-2010, 07:59 AM

I would think that for something as important as OLine it would have a dedicated coach.I've never seen a headcoach who has methodically done things to drive his own team into the ground like McDaniels has.

Two OL coaches. WTF is that?
A Canadian Football League coach? ROFL!
His younger brother?
How old is he, 18? ROFL!
A LB coach with zero DC experience?

That's a good company for a 33-year old headcoach to have around and make him feel secure.

Do you guys realize the new lows this team keeps hitting?
This is unbelievable!

The only coaching hire I liked so far is the RB coach.
Hey McDaniels, get somebody there with real NFL experience, even if that means they may make you look like a fool.
Don't feel intimidated by self-starter coaches McDaniels, the ones that don't need your direction and expertise on defense, you know? Yeah, those ones man. Bring them in!.

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
YES!!!

I feel my life on the mane is now complete. :approve:What's up Dave?
You didn't drink the kool-aid?

If you ever want to make it off his ignore list, start praising and defending McDaniels' ridiculous moves.
Apparently they don't want to hear the truth, and the best way they go about doing it is to put someone on their ignore list.
What a bunch of freakin' tools! ROFL!

DenverBrit
01-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I've never seen a headcoach who methodically does things to drive his own team into the ground like McDaniels does.
His younger brother?
How old is he, 18? ROFL!

That's a good company for a 33-year old headcoach to have around and make him feel secure.

Do you guys realize the new lows this team keep hitting?
This is unbelievable!

McDaniels, get somebody there with real NFL experience, even if that means they may make you look like a fool.
Don't feel intimidated by self-starter coaches McDaniels, the ones that don't need your direction and expertise on defense, you know? Yeah, those ones man. Bring them in!.

Do you panic about everything before it happens?? Ha!

PRBronco
01-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Another perfectly good thread down the drain...

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Do you panic about everything before it happens?? Ha!No, but these moves are scary enough to make you go into a panic mode.

You guys have not seen anything yet.

Wait until the draft gets here.
I think that will be McDaniels graduation.
I think a few people here will be pissed off at his selections (I really hope I'm wrong) and some will be defending him for selecting a punter with our first selection.
Really, I think McDaniels can select a punter with our 1st pick, a ball holder with our 2nd, and people here will be arguing one another why those were good picks for the system! :thumbsup:

That's the mentality around here. This is how the McD's supporters operate :wiggle:

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Another perfectly good thread down the drain...I'm so sorry you were so pumped up about those choices man.
Wow. the Denver Broncos, your new varsity football team!

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 08:17 AM
No, but these moves are scary enough to make you go into a panic mode.

I think that will be McDaniels graduation. I think a few people here will be pissed off at his selections (I really hope I'm wrong)
and some will be defending why he's got a punter with the 10th selection or whatever.
Really, I think McDaniels can select a punter with our 1st pick, and people here will be arguing one another why that was a good pick for the system! :thumbsup:

you aren't really this dumb are you?

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Not as dumb as McDaniels, no.

A punter with our first pick.
A ball holder with our second pick.

DenverBrit
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
No, but these moves are scary enough to make you go into a panic mode.

I think that will be McDaniels graduation. I think a few people here will be pissed off at his selections (I really hope I'm wrong)
and some will be defending why he's got a punter with the 10th selection or whatever.
Really, I think McDaniels can select a punter with our 1st pick, and people here will be arguing one another why that was a good pick for the system! :thumbsup:

Why not wait and see how theses moves pan out before going into OMG!!!! WTF!!! mode?

It would save a lot of unnecessary whining; these new moves might actually work, but you can't 'un-whine' the the wasted time.

dbfan4life
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I've never seen a headcoach who has methodically done things to drive his own team into the ground like McDaniels has.

His younger brother?
How old is he, 18? ROFL!

Do you guys realize the new lows this team keeps hitting?
This is unbelievable!

Hey McDaniels, get somebody there with real NFL experience, even if that means they may make you look like a fool.

Don't jump! It's not worth it. It's only football. We can find someone to help!

:rofl:

2KBack
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
sooooo, back on topic.

This guy has a lot of experience in college, the NFL and the CFL. The problem I've seen is that he never seems to be a part of good teams, specifically good offensive teams. The roughrider fans are talking about him as their best coach, so I guess I'm torn. He seems well liked and respected by the most knowledgeable football experts that there are (the Fans). This has the feeling of a really good under the radar hiring, but I wish i knew more about the guy.

Popcorn Sutton
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Good Lord. They hire an O-Line coach who has 30 years of experience in the NFL, College and Canadian Football League and the sky is falling.

This offense uses Tight Ends as an extension of the O Line so they want the coaches to work together. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You are all fired up about Ben McDaniels... Dude, that happened a year ago.

A LB coach is being "considered" for Coordinator and of course you can't stand it. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

You've already made plans for a crap draft and a crap season. I guess misery loves company.

bpc
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
ha ha ha ha.

OL was such a problem, you think that we would go out and get a REALLY good coach to install a better system.

Here we go. If we're lucky big Ben McD will be coaching the OL in a year. One can hope he brings his Canton pedigree to the situation.

Popcorn Sutton
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
sooooo, back on topic.

This guy has a lot of experience in college, the NFL and the CFL. The problem I've seen is that he never seems to be a part of good teams, specifically good offensive teams. The roughrider fans are talking about him as their best coach, so I guess I'm torn. He seems well liked and respected by the most knowledgeable football experts that there are (the Fans). This has the feeling of a really good under the radar hiring, but I wish i knew more about the guy.

Well at least you haven't written him off BEFORE actually learning about the guy.

elsid13
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
YES!!!

I feel my life on the mane is now complete. :approve:

Really? I thought it was the highlight of your online life was making it as selection on poll.

Beantown Bronco
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM

Good luck finding a thread dragster has posted in where someone hasn't asked him this question at least once.

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 08:30 AM
As a guy who played o-line in college, having 2 oline coaches is not a bad thing or a big deal. You idiots that are worrying about what this means, and how it will affect the players are reading into everything waay too much. Give this guy a chance before you call for his head.

2KBack
01-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Hmmm, it would seem the habit of looking for coaches that are considered good teachers continues. Wylie runs an annual Offensive Line clinic in Ohio every year...

http://www.thecoolclinic.com/

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Good luck finding a thread dragster has posted in where someone hasn't asked him this question at least once.was it because I've said something about McDaniels you guys haven't been able to prove me wrong yet?
Yeah, that sounds dumb.
All you need to know is this...
Since I've been criticizing McD's bonehead moves up until now, the only thing you can see now is that the Denver Broncos ARE NOT any better off right now, than they were last year around the same time.
Not only did we regressed in offense. We have regressed and taken a step backwards in implementing McDaniels system
We now have a bunch of nobodys to run this team. It's back to square one, dumbass!
Yup, color me dumb for pointing out the things you want to deflect others from seeing...

strafen
01-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Hmmm, it would seem the habit of looking for coaches that are considered good teachers continues. Wylie runs an annual Offensive Line clinic in Ohio every year...

http://www.thecoolclinic.com/He's probably one of McDaniels dad's buddies from Ohio.
Now that explains how he came up with that guy...

TheDave
01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Really? I thought it was the highlight of your online life was making it as selection on poll.

Baby steps...

No let me enjoy my moment. ;D

Requiem
01-22-2010, 08:56 AM
As a guy who played o-line in college, having 2 oline coaches is not a bad thing or a big deal. You idiots that are worrying about what this means, and how it will affect the players are reading into everything waay too much. Give this guy a chance before you call for his head.

Well, so did BPC -- and he seems to be against this. Look out. He's probably right. Seems to think he always is.

kappys
01-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Suddenly I miss Cutler. Beetus playing behind a Wilford Brimley coached O-line would have been unstoppable. A cocoon of protection.

Rabb
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
He's probably one of McDaniels dad's buddies from Ohio.
Now that explains how he came up with that guy...

I am not sure why I took you off ignore but back you go.

You really are an idiot, and should find a flaming dumpster to nap in quickly. Thanks!

Hulamau
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
And in more news Shanny did the unexpected and appointed Jacob Burney as D line coach and Slowick as DB coach. Ha

the familiar gang in DC :) at least with Orakpo and Mountainman in the middle they have a couple of players on D. But lots of rebuilding on the O line, RB and QB and WR.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-hire-defensive-line-s.html

strafen
01-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I am not sure why I took you off ignore but back you go.

You really are an idiot, and should find a flaming dumpster to nap in quickly. Thanks!

I feel honored to be a member of your elite ignore list.
As long as you don't want to hear the truth, or can't handle the truth, keep me in there.
Enjoying living in your cinderella world.

bpc
01-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, so did BPC -- and he seems to be against this. Look out. He's probably right. Seems to think he always is.

Hey, I'm hoping Sodak is right.

It's a little awkward but what do I know vs. McDaniels? I would have thought Nolan and Cutler were important pieces moving forward if we wanted an effective defense and offense so it seems i'm in the minority here.

I'm just counting down time.

Crushaholic
01-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Bob Wylie

He looks like an older Andy Reid...LOL

bpc
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
And in more news Shanny did the unexpected and appointed Jacob Burney as D line coach and Slowick as DB coach. Ha

the familiar gang in DC :) at least with Orakpo and Mountainman in the middle they have a couple of players on D. But lots of rebuilding on the O line, RB and QB and WR.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-hire-defensive-line-s.html

First thing I would say is that I wouldn't agree with the Redskins going to a 3-4 now as it has been reported. Haslett has come out and said he thinks the defense could easily run either, but they have not made a decision yet. I imagine that they'll incorporate parts of both to give themselves favorable matchups.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/haslett-redskins-could-have-su.html

I don't have much to say to Burney but Slowik has produced at a high level as DB coach. Champ largely credits him for some of his greatest seasons in the NFL. Laugh all you like though, he isn't the DC like many of you insuated he was going to be. Eggs all over your face on that one.

The defense has a bunch of good players on it. I won't post all the names. They might be lost on you anyways.

The OL is a work in progress but they have some talent to work with. I also suspect that Shanahan will be going OT in round 1 with Russell Okung. That will be huge for Washington. Levi Jones slides over to RT, they have a bunch of guys that could move around on the OL and Shanahan traditionally never needed a great offensive line to get his running game to produce. It will only be better with some of the talent he has (yes, there is some there) and with the addition of Okung in the first round.

HB, WR and QB positions aren't that bad. Personally, I like Jason Cambell. He's an athletic, gritty QB with a live arm which gives him the one up on Orton, as Kyle is only gritty. I think he's tough and he's been put through the fire in his first four years. His style should immediately fit the play action passing game Shanny runs well. Mike can flip around and take a QB prospect in round 2 or 3. Landing a guy like Jevon Snead, who has tremendous upside and skills in round 2 would be an excellent addition. Campbell gets to keep his starting job, and Snead gets to sit and learn. Best of both worlds there. If Snead scratches the potential he has, that's a huge win for Mike.

Two years ago Washington invested picks in a few possession WR's in Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas. I think Santana Moss can easily slide into the Eddie Royal type role in Denver as well if they want. Antwan Randel El is a nice 4th option in the mix. Don't forget that Shanahan has already been blessed with great TE targets. You couldn't pick any two TE's that fit his offense better than Cooley and Fred Davis.

At HB, I doubt we see Portis playing there next year but who knows. He knows the Shanny offense. He just needs to work his ass out in the offseason. Even if you look behind those guys, Ladell Betts, Rock Cartright are guys with a lot of experience that will perfectly fit the Shanahan offense.

Anthony Aldridge is already on the roster. ;) Behind him is Quentin Gaither and PJ Hill... both guys that had very successful college careers.

Bottom line, the Redskins are going to be competing for a playoff spot next year and they are going to get good very quickly.

illbroncsfn
01-22-2010, 10:08 AM
:spit:Suddenly I miss Cutler. Beetus playing behind a Wilford Brimley coached O-line would have been unstoppable. A cocoon of protection.

:spit:ROFL!

Popcorn Sutton
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
As long as you don't want to hear the truth, or can't handle the truth, keep me in there.

Opinions do not equal the truth.

Popcorn Sutton
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
First thing I would say is that I wouldn't agree with the Redskins going to a 3-4 now as it has been reported. Haslett has come out and said he thinks the defense could easily run either, but they have not made a decision yet. I imagine that they'll incorporate parts of both to give themselves favorable matchups.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/haslett-redskins-could-have-su.html

I don't have much to say to Burney but Slowik has produced at a high level as DB coach. Champ largely credits him for some of his greatest seasons in the NFL. Laugh all you like though, he isn't the DC like many of you insuated he was going to be. Eggs all over your face on that one.

The defense has a bunch of good players on it. I won't post all the names. They might be lost on you anyways.

The OL is a work in progress but they have some talent to work with. I also suspect that Shanahan will be going OT in round 1 with Russell Okung. That will be huge for Washington. Levi Jones slides over to RT, they have a bunch of guys that could move around on the OL and Shanahan traditionally never needed a great offensive line to get his running game to produce. It will only be better with some of the talent he has (yes, there is some there) and with the addition of Okung in the first round.

HB, WR and QB positions aren't that bad. Personally, I like Jason Cambell. He's an athletic, gritty QB with a live arm which gives him the one up on Orton, as Kyle is only gritty. I think he's tough and he's been put through the fire in his first four years. His style should immediately fit the play action passing game Shanny runs well. Mike can flip around and take a QB prospect in round 2 or 3. Landing a guy like Jevon Snead, who has tremendous upside and skills in round 2 would be an excellent addition. Campbell gets to keep his starting job, and Snead gets to sit and learn. Best of both worlds there. If Snead scratches the potential he has, that's a huge win for Mike.

Two years ago Washington invested picks in a few possession WR's in Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas. I think Santana Moss can easily slide into the Eddie Royal type role in Denver as well if they want. Antwan Randel El is a nice 4th option in the mix. Don't forget that Shanahan has already been blessed with great TE targets. You couldn't pick any two TE's that fit his offense better than Cooley and Fred Davis.

At HB, I doubt we see Portis playing there next year but who knows. He knows the Shanny offense. He just needs to work his ass out in the offseason. Even if you look behind those guys, Ladell Betts, Rock Cartright are guys with a lot of experience that will perfectly fit the Shanahan offense.

Anthony Aldridge is already on the roster. ;) Behind him is Quentin Gaither and PJ Hill... both guys that had very successful college careers.

Bottom line, the Redskins are going to be competing for a playoff spot next year and they are going to get good very quickly.

Nothing but positive spins for Washington...yet you poke holes in EVERYTHING that happens in Denver....?

worm
01-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Never heard of Bob Wiley before in my life. At this point I am just excited that he isn't from the Patriots, seems to be a OL lifer, is not related or went to school with anybody from the Daniels family and is old enough to shave.

Welcome to Denver Bob!

HEAV
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Nothing but positive spins for Washington...yet you poke holes in EVERYTHING that happens in Denver....?

He (and more than a few on here) are fans of a coach more than a team. They will watch more Redskin games and start to become closet Skin fan.

_Oro_
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
McDbag is probably just hiring him so he can letem walk next year.

bpc
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Shanahan is a proven commodity at head coach. 2 super bowls to his name, and he's an offensive genius. His vaunted running games, and the ability to turn anybody into a star will probably go down in the annals of football history as one of the truly great offensive schemes... up there with the Walsh passing game, Steeler LB's, etc. I doubt there has been anybody that has done it better. Even though you guys criticize his ability, the fact that he turned Jake Plummer (he was a terrible QB in AZ), into a competent, playoff calibur QB is one of his most impressive feats. Many fail to recognize this because of your "we won one playoff game, in 10 years" rant.

Jim Haslett has had success in this league as a DC and HC.

There's talent on the field at every position (unlike us, QB, DL, LB in some instances), and they are in prime position to add players to their roster with the 4th overall selection, some draft choices and through FA, like they always do.

Posivite spin? No, that's just understand personnel, coaching and where the trend is gonna go. Shanahan has two losing seasons during his 15 years in Denver. Do I think he'll lose more than 8 games next year? Highly doubtful. They have a ways to go catching the Saints, but I think they can compete with everybody in the East and the rest of the NFC.

Good for them. They made a great hire and the future is bright in DC.

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Shanahan is a proven commodity at head coach. 2 super bowls to his name, and he's an offensive genius. His vaunted running games, and the ability to turn anybody into a star will probably go down in the annals of football history as one of the truly great offensive schemes... up there with the Walsh passing game, Steeler LB's, etc. I doubt there has been anybody that has done it better. Even though you guys criticize his ability, the fact that he turned Jake Plummer (he was a terrible QB in AZ), into a competent, playoff calibur QB is one of his most impressive feats. Many fail to recognize this because of your "we won one playoff game, in 10 years" rant.

Jim Haslett has had success in this league as a DC and HC.

There's talent on the field at every position (unlike us, QB, DL, LB in some instances), and they are in prime position to add players to their roster with the 4th overall selection, some draft choices and through FA, like they always do.

Posivite spin? No, that's just understand personnel, coaching and where the trend is gonna go. Shanahan has two losing seasons during his 15 years in Denver. Do I think he'll lose more than 8 games next year? Highly doubtful. They have a ways to go catching the Saints, but I think they can compete with everybody in the East and the rest of the NFC.

Good for them. They made a great hire and the future is bright in DC.

Josh has 3 Supoerbowls, and led the most explosive offense in NFL history.

bpc
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
He (and more than a few on here) are fans of a coach more than a team. They will watch more Redskin games and start to become closet Skin fan.

Hey, my prediction is that things aren't too hot in Denver right now. I would love for us to move in a different direction, get a new coach, but that's just me.

In the meantime while we're toiling around losing to bottom dwellers in our division, missing playoff games, and throwing out anybody who thinks the coach is bat**** crazy, i'll be very happy if Chicago and Washington have vast success. I hope they go on to contend and win super bowls. And if they do, good for them.

WolfpackGuy
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
What?

One coach for the right side and one for the left?

Who's gonna coach the center?

PRBronco
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM

And has never been part of a losing season in football in any shape or form.

That's kind of why I have faith in him not repeat his mistakes.

bpc
01-22-2010, 11:21 AM

He led them to two super bowl wins as an intern and a assistant to the defensive head coaches?

The only SB win he gets any remote credit for when he was a QB coach (vs. Philly) and by that time, Brady had already minted himself as a great QB. How much credit does he get for that?

I'll give him partial credit for having the most explosive offense in history. Then again, did that deliver him a super bowl? The super bowl was largely a disaster which was brought upon by his units failure in the big game. No way to sugar coat that.

You go ahead and heap all the praise you want on him. What has he done here besides throw out a pro bowl QB, alienate and backdoor a multiple 100 catch WR, blow his first draft in a stunningly arrogant fashion, and throw out a DC who had one of the best single season turn arounds for a defense, making it look like he was the scapegoat for the team's failure to make the playoffs.

I'll sit on my hands and wait. Hopefully things get better. But, if/when the McD experiment ends in failure, i'll be one of the first people waiving at him on his way to DIA.

Requiem
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
In the meantime while we're toiling around losing to bottom dwellers in our division, missing playoff games, and throwing out anybody who thinks the coach is bat**** crazy, i'll be very happy if Chicago and Washington have vast success. I hope they go on to contend and win super bowls. And if they do, good for them.

We were losing to bottom dwellers in our division and missing the playoffs consistently over the Shanahan's last years here and under the guidance of others. The more things change, the more they say the same. That sort of behavior didn't accompany McDaniels on his way here, it was already present.

WolfpackGuy
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I'll give him partial credit for having the most explosive offense in history.

Some of which had to do with leaving the starters in and running up the scores when games were out of reach.

broncosteven
01-22-2010, 11:25 AM

He also had talent and choked in one of those SB's.

I don't mind these moves, everyone brings in good people they know, I have done it when I moved jobs.

I am actually excited that he is bringing guys in who have experience and are teachers.

That said his brother is getting a promotion after one year of service.

If he gets a DC who can build on last years improvements and can handle the Marshall situation without a ton of drama then I could see some light at the end of the tunnel.

People forget that Lance Briggs also said he would never play another game for the Bears.

Inkana7
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM

http://www.thecoolclinic.com/

He runs that? I remember my HS Football Coaches going to that(I'm from Ohio).

Beantown Bronco
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
What?

One coach for the right side and one for the left?

Who's gonna coach the center?

McD

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
He led them to two super bowl wins as an intern and a assistant to the defensive head coaches?

The only SB win he gets any remote credit for when he was a QB coach (vs. Philly) and by that time, Brady had already minted himself as a great QB. How much credit does he get for that?

I'll give him partial credit for having the most explosive offense in history. Then again, did that deliver him a super bowl? The super bowl was largely a disaster which was brought upon by his units failure in the big game. No way to sugar coat that.

You go ahead and heap all the praise you want on him. What has he done here besides throw out a pro bowl QB, alienate and backdoor a multiple 100 catch WR, blow his first draft in a stunningly arrogant fashion, and throw out a DC who had one of the best single season turn arounds for a defense, making it look like he was the scapegoat for the team's failure to make the playoffs.

I'll sit on my hands and wait. Hopefully things get better. But, if/when the McD experiment ends in failure, i'll be one of the first people waiving at him on his way to DIA.

I'm not heaping praise at him, I feel like you need to give a headcoach more then 1 season before you call for his head. Say what you want about how he handled Cutler, but after seeing Cutler play the last 3 years I think we are better off without him, espeically with the draft picks (I really like the chances of Ayers being special).

bpc
01-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Some of which had to do with leaving the starters in and running up the scores when games were out of reach.

The fact that Brady was throwing TD's in the 4th quarter when the Pats were up by 28 pts or more isn't lost on me. I had him on my fantasy football team that year. It was one of the greatest and worst things i've ever seen displayed during the game of fantasy/real football.

Gob
01-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Brian Billick scoffs.
Superbowl ring as HC.
2nd highest scoring offense in NFL history (also featuring Moss and a great complementary reciever, but instead of Tom Brady at QB they had Brad Johnson and backup Randall Cunningham).
1st best scoring defense in NFL history.
Really wants the Bills to return his calls.

bpc
01-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm not heaping praise at him, I feel like you need to give a headcoach more then 1 season before you call for his head. Say what you want about how he handled Cutler, but after seeing Cutler play the last 3 years I think we are better off without him, espeically with the draft picks (I really like the chances of Ayers being special).

I actually tried to give him the full three years. The Nolan incident (i don't care for hearing opinions on the matter, the split happened for a reason) was the final straw for me.

Now, I'm just being a patient fan waiting for McD to off himself. And if his 1st year on the job is any indicator, we should be expecting more radical personnel and coaching moves soon.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I hope i'm wrong on the guy. I would love to eat crow 365 days a year if I could, if I knew that Denver would be winning super bowls. I just don't believe he's gonna be a success here in his first head coaching stop. Maybe he will down the road.

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
I actually tried to give him the full three years. The Nolan incident (i don't care for hearing opinions on the matter, the split happened for a reason) was the final straw for me.

Now, I'm just being a patient fan waiting for McD to off himself. And if his 1st year on the job is any indicator, we should be expecting more radical personnel and coaching moves soon.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I hope i'm wrong on the guy. I would love to eat crow 365 days a year if I could, if I knew that Denver would be winning super bowls. I just don't believe he's gonna be a success here in his first head coaching stop. Maybe he will down the road.

Time will tell...time will tell.

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d815e2fb4/Clady-s-class

I'll trust Clady's opinion of McDaniels over yours. Sorry.

gyldenlove
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d815e2fb4/Clady-s-class

Like we trusted Champ's opinion of Slowick? We need more than a player speaking out on matters like this.

bpc
01-22-2010, 12:04 PM

Nice find. Clady is gigantic, he makes Dukes looks really small!

On another front, what can Clady really say besides what he said? "McDaniels sucks, and things are terrible."

Nobody publicly has called out McDaniels. As they shouldn't. It make the whole situation more awkward than it already is. A players opinion to the media and public doesn't mean crap. Bowle.... errrr, Joe Ellis calls the shots so McD will get free run until he changes his mind.

I'm sure McD's intentions are well. I think he's totally oblivious to the flaws he has and that will eventually be his downfall as it's repeated over and over again.

SoDak Bronco
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah i thought Fat boy Dukes was a Offensive Tackle? lol wow

Bronco LB52
01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I liked what Rick Dennison did with our offensive line especially in 2008, but I always wondered if he was the best guy for the job considering that he played linebacker during his career, was our special teams coach for many seasons and was learning on the fly in the early years under Alex Gibbs.

Bob Wylie is an upgrade in my eyes. This man has lived, breathed and slept offensive line for the last 30+ years. He's probably one of the foremost experts on earth when it comes to offensive line play.

2KBack
01-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I liked what Rick Dennison did with our offensive line especially in 2008, but I always wondered if he was the best guy for the job considering that he played linebacker during his career, was our special teams coach for many seasons and was learning on the fly in the early years under Alex Gibbs.

Bob Wylie is an upgrade in my eyes. This man has lived, breathed and slept offensive line for the last 30+ years. He's probably one of the foremost experts on earth when it comes to offensive line play.

I'm thrilled about the aspect that he seems to be an expert on O-lines.

I find it cool that he has that clinic that Inkana knows about.

I'm concerned why someone with his level of experience isn't better known/more successful.

azbroncfan
01-22-2010, 01:31 PM
At least he has an awesome power stache.

Ray Finkle
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM

On another front, what can Clady really say besides what he said? "McDaniels sucks, and things are terrible."

Nobody publicly has called out McDaniels. As they shouldn't. It make the whole situation more awkward than it already is. A players opinion to the media and public doesn't mean crap. Bowle.... errrr, Joe Ellis calls the shots so McD will get free run until he changes his mind.

I'm sure McD's intentions are well. I think he's totally oblivious to the flaws he has and that will eventually be his downfall as it's repeated over and over again.

really? Give it a break. Rooting against the Broncos (McDaniels) is only going to leave you doing two things, being pissed when they win and happy when they lose......what a great way to be a fan.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 01:41 PM

as ive said to youre dumbass 1000 times, try watching his post season presser, hes very aware of what he needs to correct to be a better coach and made it public. but keep trying to convince other people that hes the worst coach ever, you are doing a good job so far.

bpc
01-22-2010, 02:12 PM
as ive said to youre dumbass 1000 times, try watching his post season presser, hes very aware of what he needs to correct to be a better coach and made it public. but keep trying to convince other people that hes the worst coach ever, you are doing a good job so far.

I don't give a **** if he's contrite after the season. I want him to be smart enough and good enough to change it up on the fly. He wasn't. And that's why we lost 8 of our last 10 and blew the playoffs.

Eddie Royal's on the back of a milk-carton. What does McDaniel say? "oh yeah, i have to find ways to get him the ball. I wasn't really happy with how we used him this year..."

DUH! You couldn't figure that out at the half-way point of the season? The guy goes from 100 catches to 37. Who's fault is that?

bpc
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
really? Give it a break. Rooting against the Broncos (McDaniels) is only going to leave you doing two things, being pissed when they win and happy when they lose......what a great way to be a fan.

I'll be happy to see us win, or i'll be happy to see him go.

Win/win situation on my end. Honestly, I'm just numbed to the stupidity of the whole situation for the most part. I watched all the games this year. I was excited when we were 6-0... got pissed when our offense absolutely **** the pot over the middle of the season and screwed Nolan in the process causing us to lose... and then down the stretch the losses didn't really phase me because I knew they were going to choke.

If I was back in high school, I would have went nuclear. Losses would hang on me until Wednesday or Thursday of the next week.

Ah, getting older is good.

bowtown
01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
McDbag is probably just hiring him so he can letem walk next year.

Close, he heard Washington might be interested in him, so he hired him just so he could deny their request to interview him.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
you idiots get stupider and stupider every single week. it really is amazing. you let your unfounded levels of hate grow every single day just because you cant hold up a real argument as to why you think hes so bad, so you just dig your heels in the ground even more just because you have no other leg to stand on.

bpc
01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
you idiots get stupider and stupider every single week. it really is amazing. you let your unfounded levels of hate grow every single day just because you cant hold up a real argument as to why you think hes so bad, so you just dig your heels in the ground even more just because you have no other leg to stand on.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUtpDpS3iMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUtpDpS3iMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Typical Stiguy rant. He just works himself into a frenzy, doesn't he.

montrose
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Like the OL coach move but I'm not too high on Martindale as coordinator. Dude came as a 4-3 LBs coach and will be now asked to coordinate a 3-4 D? That scares me.

_Oro_
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Close, he heard Washington might be interested in him, so he hired him just so he could deny their request to interview him.

Oh that's right. We deny their interview until they come back with an upgraded offer to make him the one and only offensive line coach. In which case, we let him walk.

Ray Finkle
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll be happy to see us win, or i'll be happy to see him go.

Win/win situation on my end. Honestly, I'm just numbed to the stupidity of the whole situation for the most part. I watched all the games this year. I was excited when we were 6-0... got pissed when our offense absolutely **** the pot over the middle of the season and screwed Nolan in the process causing us to lose... and then down the stretch the losses didn't really phase me because I knew they were going to choke.

If I was back in high school, I would have went nuclear. Losses would hang on me until Wednesday or Thursday of the next week.

having kids helps....doesn't it....

Popps
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Damn right!

My little girl watches the games with me, now. Well, she makes me dress up and play pretend football while the game is on. But, it's great... because if we win, it's a big party. If we lose, I look at her... and it puts it all in perspective.

In my 20s, I'd literally have to get out of the house and take walks after some losses.

:rofl:

Atwater His Ass
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM

Man, I remember those days. I was so emotionally invested in the team and the game that I would literally be in tears after losing on most occasions and was completely unapproachable for days.

The 80's super bowls almost killed me. But in the end it made the 2 championships all that much sweeter.

Just really bummed over the direction this team is going though. I have never been more detatched from a season and been less interested in Bronco's football then I was this past year.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook for the next season, but currently, I can't say that I'm really looking forward to next season with the energy that I normally feel.

bpc
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM

Truer words were never spoken! :approve:

Hard to be mad over something so stupid when you have kids around.

bpc
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Man, I remember those days. I was so emotionally invested in the team and the game that I would literally be in tears after losing on most occasions and was completely unapproachable for days.

The 80's super bowls almost killed me. But in the end it made the 2 championships all that much sweeter.

Just really bummed over the direction this team is going though. I have never been more detatched from a season and been less interested in Bronco's football then I was this past year.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook for the next season, but currently, I can't say that I'm really looking forward to next season with the energy that I normally feel.

You and me both, my friend. I'm just hoping we get some good players in this draft and FA that could be successful in any scheme. I have a feeling we're going to need that in a few years.

ward63
01-22-2010, 03:40 PM
You can get your diabetes testing supplies...

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Shanahan is a proven commodity at head coach. 2 super bowls to his name, and he's an offensive genius.

Oh, he's been such a great commodity in Denver for the last many years of your life. The coach led Denver to 1 playoff win in the last 10 years? Or the one that couldn't seem to make it into the playoffs for 3 straight years after a historic meltdown? Being first in the division for EVERY week until the last week and you lost the playoff spot?

How did it feel watching us dominate the Chargers, then they start competing, then they're super bowl caliber as we STOOD STILL or better yet, got WORSE.I know it felt like ****. It used to be Chargers? HA! Now they've separated themselves from us and you still want to live in that past?

What does it mean to have a 2nd ranked offense when you're 16th in scoring? Oh yeah, you suck in the red zone.

Shanahan is a great coach - no one is doubting that, but his time was over here and if you look at the BIGGER picture (10 years) we consistently got owned by a particular team, and only got 1 playoff win in those 10 years.

Some of you just love living in the past... even before Y2K.

LMAO.

DBroncos4life
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Oh, he's been such a great commodity in Denver for the last many years of your life. The coach led Denver to 1 playoff win in the last 10 years? Or the one that couldn't seem to make it into the playoffs for 3 straight years after a historic meltdown? Being first in the division for EVERY week until the last week and you lost the playoff spot?

How did it feel watching us dominate the Chargers, then they start competing, then they're super bowl caliber as we STOOD STILL or better yet, got WORSE.I know it felt like ****. It used to be Chargers? HA! Now they've separated themselves from us and you still want to live in that past?

What does it mean to have a 2nd ranked offense when you're 16th in scoring? Oh yeah, you suck in the red zone.

Shanahan is a great coach - no one is doubting that, but his time was over here and if you look at the BIGGER picture (10 years) we consistently got owned by a particular team, and only got 1 playoff win in those 10 years.

Some of you just love living in the past... even before Y2K.

LMAO.

What does it mean to have ranked 15th/ 20th and worst in the RZ in 09 then 08?

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 04:25 PM
What does it mean to have ranked 15th/ 20th and worst in the RZ in 09 then 08?

Wait so we're comparing Shanahan's offense after he got to build it with Cutler for 3 years to McDaniels first year as a HC/head of the offense? Yeah let's compare apples to pineapples.

Let's look at Shanahan's offense right after our AFC Championship year

21st in yards/17 in pts.

But we're holding McDaniels under the SAME scrutiny as Shanahan in his final year with the Broncos? So McD gets 1 year, but Shanahan gets unlimited. As a matter of fact, Shanahan was never held under any scrutiny. We're holding McDaniels under scrutiny and matching him up with Shanahan's one of his top/last seasons after how many years, to McDaniels 1 year.

It was always about this team not playing with heart, it had nothing to do with Cutler, the coaches, or anything like that. It was about this team not having heart. Pathetic.

I think it was SAID before the season started not to expect this offense to just explode right off the bat.

McDaniels will always be held under a double standard.

Why are you even trying to force yourself to be a fan of the Broncos? Why not just follow the coach? I mean, the coach that brought you 1 playoff win in 10 years?

But that's not as important as beating the Chiefs and Raiders. Nah, that's #1 on the list, the playoffs and Lombardi trophy fall down somewhere after that.

Hilarious!

2KBack
01-22-2010, 04:27 PM
can we seriously not have a thread where the discussion doesn't dissolve into the same arguments?

Guess what, there will be no new evidence to use to argue about the last 2 seasons. It's over, people have their sides. Fight about something new for **** sake.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
can we seriously not have a thread where the discussion doesn't dissolve into the same arguments?

Guess what, there will be no new evidence to use to argue about the last 2 seasons. It's over, people have their sides. Fight about something new for **** sake.

You don't understand, these people have nothing new. All they want to talk about and dwindle and dwell on is Shanahan and the Broncos of Elway and Cutler. They can't, I mean can't move on. They were able to support Shanahan through more failures but now we have a new leader they crumble.

They CAN'T talk about anything new, they're INCAPABLE.

It reminds me of back in HS or Elementary school where you love a teacher so much because they were nicer/easier on you ,or for whatever reason, and the next year or semester or whatever, you get a new teacher that pushes you harder (or in these idiots terms, they're just hard/tough) and you HATE it.

But you have no choice but to go through it, and usually the ones who can make it out successful will realize how ****ty their old teacher was because they were so easy on them.

I know all of my friends and family can relate to this logic... not sure about here though because most of the idiots just stop at the word successful.

ROFL!

DBroncos4life
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
oh's no's someone said something about McD's O being worse then the 08 team I better call him out and question his loyalty to the team.

You said that the 08 team was 2nd in yards and 16th in scoring and how that meant that we sucked in the RZ that year. Well we got worse in scoring, yards, and in the RZ. Guess it's apple to pineapple's to compare the 08/09 Broncos to one and another but for some reason in your world it's a closer comparison to put the 06 Broncos against the 09 Broncos? Why is that because the stats appear closer in rankings?

Clockwork Orange
01-22-2010, 04:38 PM

No, we can't.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
oh's no's someone said something about McD's O being worse then the 08 team I better call him out and question his loyalty to the team.

You said that the 08 team was 2nd in yards and 16th in scoring and how that meant that we sucked in the RZ that year. Well we got worse in scoring, yards, and in the RZ. Guess it's apple to pineapple's to compare the 08/09 Broncos to one and another but for some reason in your world it's a closer comparison to put the 06 Broncos against the 09 Broncos? Why is that because the stats appear closer in rankings?

I was throwing the RZ out there because I thought it was common knowledge amongst Broncos fans who stick on forums that we were horrible in the RZ that year (and this year). Whatever, besides the fact of that, we were not able to consistently score touchdowns in the redzone.

I'm not saying we should compare this single year to any year but if you do, it's unfair to compare it 2008 because of the time that offense had to develop. This is the first year of the scheme that has been said numerous times BEFORE the season started and as he got hired it would take time, just as it did when McDaniels first became OC at NE.

That is IT. I chose 06 because that's right when we started building with our new offense. I didn't start scrolling back year by year to see the worst, I just went by the year of Plummer's end/Cutler and friends beginning.

You can compare whatever, but when you start comparing coaches and their top seasons, if you want to talk SOLELY about offense I think you need to go back to McDaniel's NE days, obviously.

Compare what you want, nothing's going to change about the double standard you guys hold on him.

DBroncos4life
01-22-2010, 04:49 PM
You don't understand, these people have nothing new. All they want to talk about and dwindle and dwell on is Shanahan and the Broncos of Elway and Cutler. They can't, I mean can't move on. They were able to support Shanahan through more failures but now we have a new leader they crumble.

They CAN'T talk about anything new, they're INCAPABLE.

It reminds me of back in HS or Elementary school where you love a teacher so much because they were nicer/easier on you ,or for whatever reason, and the next year or semester or whatever, you get a new teacher that pushes you harder (or in these idiots terms, they're just hard/tough) and you HATE it.

But you have no choice but to go through it, and usually the ones who can make it out successful will realize how ****ty their old teacher was because they were so easy on them.

I know all of my friends and family can relate to this logic... not sure about here though because most of the idiots just stop at the word successful.

ROFL!
Are you bringing anything new to this thread other then blah blah blah Shanahan didn't do anything for us in ten years blah blah blah go follow him blah blah blah? You act like you are pumping out new topics to talk about left and right. LOL

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Are you bringing anything new to this thread other then blah blah blah Shanahan didn't do anything for us in ten years blah blah blah go follow him blah blah blah? You act like you are pumping out new topics to talk about left and right. LOL

I'm just responding.

:thumbsup: nice try, though.

It seems like when I bring up that fact, people just read across it like it never happened. :rofl:

I have nothing else to say that is related to this thread right now, so I'm gone.

:thanku:

Clockwork Orange
01-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I was throwing the RZ out there because I thought it was common knowledge amongst Broncos fans who stick on forums that we were horrible in the RZ that year (and this year). Whatever, besides the fact of that, we were not able to consistently score touchdowns in the redzone.

I'm not saying we should compare this single year to any year but if you do, it's unfair to compare it 2008 because of the time that offense had to develop. This is the first year of the scheme that has been said numerous times BEFORE the season started and as he got hired it would take time, just as it did when McDaniels first became OC at NE.

That is IT. I chose 06 because that's right when we started building with our new offense. I didn't start scrolling back year by year to see the worst, I just went by the year of Plummer's end/Cutler and friends beginning.

You can compare whatever, but when you start comparing coaches and their top seasons, if you want to talk SOLELY about offense I think you need to go back to McDaniel's NE days, obviously.

Compare what you want, nothing's going to change about the double standard you guys hold on him.

2008 had Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall in their second full seasons as starters, a first year starter at RT (Harris), a rookie LT (Clady), a rookie #2 wideout (Royal) and enough RB's on IR that they had to pull Tatum Bell out of a kiosk at the Aurora Mall. How exactly is it then that the '08 offense was this cohesive group that had so much time to develop?

Wait, does this make me a bad fan? Forget I said anything....

bpc
01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Once again, the agenda apologists don't agree with you and your current take, so they bring Cutler and Shanahan into it. Just like they always try to do. Because when they spin out of excuses, they need something to talk about to defend their cause. Might as well dig up Cutler and Shanahan, and hatchet their corpses a few more times. Sure, their blood has run cold in Denver, but it still FEELS GOOD!

Bored with this topic and the logic.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 05:17 PM

What a fuccin dufus, why would you respond to him after he just told your ass he was blocking you?
Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 05:25 PM
2008 had Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall in their second full seasons as starters, a first year starter at RT (Harris), a rookie LT (Clady), a rookie #2 wideout (Royal) and enough RB's on IR that they had to pull Tatum Bell out of a kiosk at the Aurora Mall. How exactly is it then that the '08 offense was this cohesive group that had so much time to develop?

Wait, does this make me a bad fan? Forget I said anything....

Sorry, would you like me to add the word "more"? MORE TIME to develop. Whatever you want to call it, buddy. The system was in place, that not only affects players, but it affects coaches too. And 1 extra will do you wonders... just like McDaniels 2nd year as OC? I guess this is why consistency is so important.

All I'm saying is that we should improve, I'm not here preaching we're about to have an elite offense year 2. But comparing that year to McDaniels is unfair, but it is expected with the double standards.

No one NO ONE said that we'd have an elite/great offense this year... it was not to be expected and was said over and over yet now you guys wanna bash.:rofl:

now I'm REALLY GONE.

:twokisses

DBroncos4life
01-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Wasn't the 08 Broncos running a new Patriot like system because Pat Bowlen wanted it?

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
if not liking the coach makes you uninterested in bronco football like BPC and AHS say, you REALLY need to question your loyalties as a supposed fan of the TEAM.

if you have convinced yourself so assuredly taht this team will be horrible forever under mcdaniels, you should really take a look at the biases you have and how this team compares to the last decade or so of shanahan in josh's FIRST year on the job as a rookie HC. as much as you want to cry about it, it is no where near as bad as you think it is or expect it to be. josh has issues, every HC in the league does (shanahan just hired burney and slowick again, seriously?), you need to relax and stop nitpicking and just try to enjoy the team, given that things are pretty good relatively, and you have absolutely no control as to things will change, so try having fun with it instead of crying all the time and trying to ruin the fun that others have watching and learning about the team.

DenverBrit
01-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Wasn't the 08 Broncos running a new Patriot like system because Pat Bowlen wanted it?

Really?? That's a new one.........that Bowlen wanted it.

Where did you read that gem?

extralife
01-22-2010, 06:49 PM
As much as I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on around this team, I gotta say the addition of Wilford Brimley and a dude named Studesville has got me pretty pumped up.

also that CFL fan thread from the first page is awesome. I didn't know those people existed.

Requiem
01-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I used to get torn up when I was a teenager about the Broncos losing, but then I learned real fast not to worry or bitch about things that are really out of my control. What happens. . . happens. Enjoy the ride.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I used to get torn up when I was a teenager about the Broncos losing, but then I learned real fast not to worry or b**** about things that are really out of my control. What happens. . . happens. Enjoy the ride.

dont use that kind of logic around here please.

you are supposed to bitch until every single person here knows that the broncos are the worst franchise in the NFL and are destined to go 1-15 next year.

Gob
01-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Not trying to reopen any arguments but that 08 offense was fun to watch, partially because every drive would end in either td or int and you would be on the edge of your seat to find out which. All the key players were fun to watch in a reckless kind of way, Cutler throwing deep across his body, Marshall with his long runs mixed with his pee-wee football 10 yard losses, Hillis trying to plough over everyone or jump over them, Royal doing triple move routes, Scheffler always going deep down the middle of the field. It bums me out most of those guys didn't work out under McDaniels.

boppool
01-22-2010, 08:55 PM

Does McDaniels have any other brothers?:wiggle:

PRBronco
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
As much as I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on around this team, I gotta say the addition of Wilford Brimley and a dude named Studesville has got me pretty pumped up.

also that CFL fan thread from the first page is awesome. I didn't know those people existed.

I know, who would have thought a professional football league had fans right? That ****'s whack.

tsiguy96
01-22-2010, 11:22 PM
wouldnt be surprised to see this become more common. there is a LOT of oline on every team, 15+ through TC