PDA

View Full Version : Food INC. who's seen it?

Boobs McGee
01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
http://mmmunchonthis.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/food-inc.jpg

Wow.

I don't even know where to begin...

It was an extremely thought provoking movie, and I think I'm going to be buying local as much as possible.

I have a feeling this thread will probably end up in the politics section, BUT, I would encourage anyone reading right now to give it a look, and to try and do so with an open mind. Worth the rent, definitely makes you question where your food comes from, how crazy corn is (and how many foods are produced from that high fructose corn syrup), injustice to farmers, poverty's relation to diabetes, the FDA.....it's just a highly engaging movie. Personally, I didn't think it went too over the top a la michael moore. Obviously, without doing some research, the accuracy of some of the allegations remains to be seen; exaggeration was definitely possible, and there is the possiblity that without seeing both sides of the coin I'm guilty of assumption. Still, I'm going to be making some changes to my personal shopping/eating habits.

Loved the movie

Anyone else?

Don Flamenco
01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
me

Br0nc0Buster
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I might look at it, although Im scared of what I might see

I saw "supersize me"
That was pretty good, and I dont eat fast too that often so it wasnt a biggie

MileHighMagic
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I liked it too. It streams for free on Netflix.

I have been eating clean for a few months now... Mostly organic and have gotten down to a low bodyfat. My digestion and energy levels are so much better. Not to mention kilin it with the ladies.

watermock
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I allready warned of this a year ago.

It's part of cap and trade.

GoBroncos84
01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
It was an outstanding film. I would also recommend The Future of Food. I think we have a moral responsibility to know where our food comes from, and to support the methods we approve of and try to avoid the ones we do not. The more I learned about factory farms, the more I have tried to buy local, natural, organic products.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Its good. Check out any of Pollan's books, but especially Omnivore's Dilemma....a good read