PDA

View Full Version : Jets selling AFC Champs gear on team website

Rich Karlis
01-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow talk about being confident:

extralife
01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
this is their shtick. hey, more power to 'em if it works.

tsiguy96
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
it wont ship until after the game obviously, but ilike their confidence. they may be taking it a bit too far now, but like rex ryans practice schedule leading up to the super bowl, stuff like that is really cool and shows his absolute no fear attitude.

SouthStndJunkie
01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Next week at this time, that gear will be on it's way to Haiti to help those in need.

UberBroncoMan
01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Next week at this time, that gear will be on it's way to Haiti to help those in need.

If you look at the shirt on the right you can see the logo was photoshoped on quite poorly.

I doubt they've actually made much if any of them at all. If they win then they'll get them pumped out and sent to the pre-ordered individuals within a few days.

Probably just some of the gear to present to the team if they win so they can go around cheering in their AFC champ hats etc.

watermock
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Ha!

This is going to be Lex!

RhymesayersDU
01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
If you look at the shirt on the right you can see the logo was photoshoped on quite poorly.

I doubt they've actually made much if any of them at all. If they win then they'll get them pumped out and sent to the pre-ordered individuals within a few days.

Probably just some of the gear to present to the team if they win so they can go around cheering in their AFC champ hats etc.

I'm unsure about conference championships, but for the Super Bowl they actually make full runs of both scenarios so they can sell them right away. Without fail, they end up shipping the losers' off to a 3rd-world country every year. All the major sports do this. It seems like such a terrible waste, but on the other hand at least they're going to people in need rather than just getting tossed out.

watermock
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Ha!

J-E-T-S-!

~Crash~
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM

yep about right but you know pulling your guys because you like the match up just migh bite Indy in the ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:

521 1N5
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
pft said the Colts are doin the same.

ZONA
01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I got myself a 2009 Arizona Cardinals Superbowl Winner T-shirt last year. I went to Mexico City and bought it from some starving kid for like $5.

lol

Taco John
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Why stop there? Why not start selling Superbowl champ gear?

extralife
01-21-2010, 10:31 PM
It seems like such a terrible waste, but on the other hand at least they're going to people in need rather than just getting tossed out.

seems to me that would make it the exact opposite of a waste

Los Broncos
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Why stop there? Why not start selling Superbowl champ gear?

Team of the decade shirts.

Taco John
01-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Team of the decade shirts.

That made me laugh. I'm going to nominate you for a Nobel peace prize.

yavoon
01-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm unsure about conference championships, but for the Super Bowl they actually make full runs of both scenarios so they can sell them right away. Without fail, they end up shipping the losers' off to a 3rd-world country every year. All the major sports do this. It seems like such a terrible waste, but on the other hand at least they're going to people in need rather than just getting tossed out.

I would so buy fake super bowl winning gear.

Jason in LA
01-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm starting to feel a little bad for liking this Jets team so much. Like I'm cheating on the Broncos. lol

Los Broncos
01-23-2010, 01:30 AM
That made me laugh. I'm going to nominate you for a Nobel peace prize.

Well thank you kind sir :)

DrFate
01-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I don't see the problem. It's all pre-order.

Good for them. I wish people were this excited about the franchise in Denver.

Ratboy
01-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't see the problem. It's all pre-order.

Good for them. I wish people were this excited about the franchise in Denver.

Amen.

I refuse to buy anything related to the Broncos anymore until they put up a winning season.

BigPlayShay
01-23-2010, 08:55 AM
This happens every year. All 4 teams have had Championship gear made, some just choose to advertise it, and start pre-orders:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20100123/BUSINESS/1230330/Saints-gear-set-to-fly

The precious cargo has arrived, to remain sealed and hidden away under lock and key. But Saints fans and vendors really want crack it open Sunday.

Saints NFC Championship hats and shirts arrived at Academy Sports and Outdoors this week in anticipation of Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings.

If the Saints win, store employees expect a rush similar to the one they got two years ago, when a line of fans wrapped around the store following LSU's BCS National Championship win against Ohio State.

"That was one of the most fun retail nights I've ever had," Lafayette store director Lance Shumate said. "This year will be no different."

Shumate said Academy would close at 8 p.m. Sunday, as usual. But the store plans to re-open shortly after the final whistle sounds, giving fans the opportunity to own the same NFC Championship locker room hats and T-shirts worn by players.

"We're going to stay open Sunday night until we run out of merchandise or the last customer leaves," Shumate said.

Win or lose Sunday, it's already been a banner year for retailers of Saints merchandise.

Reebok, the official outfitter of the NFL, reports sales of Saints gear are up more than 60 percent from last season.

At Louisiana Hot Stuff in Lafayette, anything Saints sells, from off-the-wall items like Saints Mardi Gras beads to Saints barbecue grill utensils.

Owner David Faulk said his store has enjoyed some of its strongest November and December sales on record, based largely on the Saints' success.

"The last two weeks, I've never seen anything like it," Faulk said. "But you'd better hold on. The excitement is going to be five-fold after they win this weekend."

If the Vikings win, Shumate said the Saints gear would be destroyed. Under NFL regulations, the losing team's "championship" gear cannot be sold in the United States, so charities have donated the clothing to underdeveloped countries in the past.

But Shumate wanted no part of that discussion.

"We're not even going to talk about that," Shumate said. "The Saints are going to win."