PDA

View Full Version : Why does no one want to talk about the other coaches McDaniels brought in?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
No one wants to talk about the other positional coaches that are also apart of this huge improved defense that is now 7th in the league (which is another misconception). No one wants to talk about the experience of his offensive coaches. Nah, we just want to pick at Ben McDaniels.

No one wants to talk about Don Martindale, no one wants to talk talk about Ed Donatell, or Wayne Nunnely. Or even Clancy Barone. Nah, we don't want to talk about that. These guys can't even be called by 1 name, we have to use their whole name to identify them, they can't be that important! :rofl:

The list goes on and maybe you guys should take a look before being so butt hurt about Nolan.

Seriously... no one wants to talk about that.

2KBack
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I admire your ferver

Mr.Meanie
01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
No one wants to talk about the other positional coaches that are also apart of this huge improved defense that is now 7th in the league (which is another misconception). No one wants to talk about the experience of his offensive coaches. Nah, we just want to pick at Ben McDaniels.

No one wants to talk about Don Martindale, no one wants to talk talk about Ed Donatell, or Wayne Nunnely. Or even Clancy Barone. Nah, we don't want to talk about that. These guys can't even be called by 1 name, we have to use their whole name to identify them, they can't be that important! :rofl:

The list goes on and maybe you guys should take a look before being so butt hurt about Nolan.

So... lets talk about it....?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
So... lets talk about it....?

The Laker game right now and why it is still a close game when Mo Williams is out.

rastaman
01-21-2010, 07:12 PM

Why not talk about the coaches two years from now so we can fairly assess their value and their ability to buy into McD's system and develop the players they have been hired to coach.;)

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:15 PM
People did about a year ago when we hired them.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
People did about a year ago when we hired them.

Yeah, too bad no one wants to give McDaniels any credit for that today.

extralife
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I guess you don't want to talk about them either, so much as you want to tug on your own dick for public amusement

oubronco
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM

Dude let it go

watermock
01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
No go on...

We are still getting piss off your face...

Now tell us how things will be better in a poor division...

You're an an assumptive, arrogant biatch, full of assumptions and denials.

Popps
01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Our position coaches came in highly touted, and I'd say they've done well thus far.

I also like what I hear about Studsville, and I'm excited to see if he can help Moreno reach his potential and help our guys adjust to a power blocking scheme.

Of course, landing Pees would really make this whole thing smooth over, imo.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, too bad no one wants to give McDaniels any credit for that today.

Well who gets credit for what? You place the blame on Nolan for the poor rushing D and the late season collapse so tell us who did what and we can go from there. Mike McCoy wasn't all that impressive, but I don't think he had much to do with anything on the team other then getting McD some coffee.

broncosteven
01-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I still think Tuten should go, if any part of the team needs new blood it is strength and conditioning especially after sliding down the stretch 3 straight years.

broncosteven
01-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Well who gets credit for what? You place the blame on Nolan for the poor rushing D and the late season collapse so tell us who did what and we can go from there. Mike McCoy wasn't all that impressive, but I don't think he had much to do with anything on the team other then getting McD some coffee.

He is talking on the D side. Trying to deflect Nolan's impact on the D going from 32nd to 7th in the league.

Sure the positional guys have an impact but so does, I mean DID, Nolan.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Adam Gase sucked monkey dick this year.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Mike Priefer can't say I was too impressed with the SP teams this year.

watermock
01-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow.

Studsville and Pees is good?

Is this the **** and pee team?

Taco John
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM

This is a message board forum where everybody has access to the option to start a new thread. Instead of snivelling about why nobody else is talking about something, you should start a thread and make some points.

broncosteven
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
This is a message board forum where everybody has access to the option to start a new thread. Instead of snivelling about why nobody else is talking about something, you should start a thread and make some points.

Snivelling is almost as good as the reference to "the sound of clown shoes" pitterpattering to defend Josh!

LOL

~Crash~
01-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Our position coaches came in highly touted, and I'd say they've done well thus far.

I also like what I hear about Studsville, and I'm excited to see if he can help Moreno reach his potential and help our guys adjust to a power blocking scheme.

Of course, landing Pees would really make this whole thing smooth over, imo.

yep the WR's were off the charts .Ed Donatell the first time around great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! secound time around not so much..

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
He is talking on the D side. Trying to deflect Nolan's impact on the D going from 32nd to 7th in the league.

I know what he is trying to do. In that thread about Nolan he talked about the bad things the D did and then in one of his last posts he talked about us not knowing what role Nolan had in the D in the first place. Because we don't know what is going behind the closed doors we can only say Nolan was the DC and this was the improvement under his leadership.

If The MVPlaya wants to come out and say Nolan didn't have a big of role in the D as we are lead to believe then he shouldn't come out and say well the D was bad in the these area's and place the blame on Nolan. Either he was the leader of the D and it failed to improve in area's and improved in other area's or he was just another figure head taking the blame for failures of someone above him.

orinjkrush
01-21-2010, 08:10 PM
The cool thing about Nunnely is that not only does he appear to be a good coach, we stole him from the chuggers. getting better is one thing. getting better at the expense of your rivals is sweet.

DivineLegion
01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I hear Bill Romanowski is still on the market as a strength and conditioning coach...

Seriously though Studsville is going to make a very solid impact on this team. While I feel Bobby Turner is with out a doubt the best running backs coach in the league, most of his sucess was teaching guys how to run in the zone blocking scheme. As we transition to a powerblocking front we are going to need a coach who is more familiar with that system. I think this is going to have quite an impact on Knowshons carrier. He already got a year under a legend and now he is going to get more familiarized training under Studsville.

I'm going to catch some flack for this one, however I feel that Pees will better utilize our current defensive roster. This is kind of beating a dead horse but I'm going to give my take because I havent had a chance this past week. Mike Nolans run blitzing cost him the job because we used up most of our blitzs trying to go 6-0 and then we got exposed by none other than the Baltimore Ravens...Wanna know why? Because they use the same defensive scheme. There is a balance between agressive run blitzing and asking your linebackers to maintain gap assignments (more of a read and react philosophy). I belive there probably was discontent between Josh and Mike over playcalling. We became incredably predictable and showed our hand way to early. When your defense is comfortable transitioning between the two diffrent philosophies generaly you can disguise your blitzs when you need them.

Football breaks down to a game of down and distance and minimalizing the effectivness of the other teams play call limiting the maximum amount of yardage they can acheive in a given play. For example on first down run blitzing can be incredible effective because you can either A. make a play behind the line of scrimage or B. Stop the run for minimal gain. This forces the opponent to become more aggressive on second down increasing the chances of a turnover. The problem with run blitzing on first down is you rutinly use it teams are going to design plays to nutralize the effectivness of your blitz. Thats where varity increases productivity and consequently where Mike failed.

Oddly enough that is why the zone blocking scheme was so effective, you could design plays where your offensive linemen would have certain read and react situations that could generate large chuncks of yardage is they were executed properly. This is a pretty good explination for why we got run all over by the Raiders late in the season.

Theres one more aspect to an agressive defensive philosophy that was severly lacking for the Broncos this year that will enhance Mikes chances of success in Miami. Denfensive Line... We started out the year with a very healthy and effective Ron Fields the man was an animal. He was commanding double teams, freeing up linebackers and allowing our inexperienced ends to sustain. As he wore down our defensive production droped. If you take a look at the list of rushing yards allowed through the season I posted on the why we went 2-8 thread you will see that we started strong and slowly declined as the line wore down. This is the result of two major factors. First and foremost is depth, we did not have an effective rotation that scared anyone. No one saw Marcus Thomas on the field and said "alright how do we adjust" no they went right at him. This was a major problem, we consistanly had linemen in the second level resulting in big plays. The Dolphins have great depth on the defensive line. Kendle Langford, Phillip Merling, Jason Ferguson, and Paul Soli make up a very dinamic defensive front that can control the LOS and free up linebackers to make plays. When Jason Ferguson is healthy the Dolphins have a top 5 defense (He missed all of this year) simply because Paul Soli while not dominant is a great rotational palyer. Thats what the Broncos are missing, rotation. The second leading factor to our defensive decline I adressed earlier, and that is simply predictability. Our lack of creative defensive play calling caused for a lot broken plays where our guys were in the right gaps is just so was the fullback because they knew that blitz was comming. Sheding blocks is a very important skill set for Linebackers but sometimes you have to understand that it only takes ingaging in a block for a FB to spring his HB for a big play, Football is a game of seconds at this level.

Im not sure who we are looking at for an offensive line coach so that is not something I will comment on. I will however say that I hope they come from either Dallas, Miami, NY Giants, or the Jets. Personaly I hope our O-line coach comes from Miami because I feel like they have one of the most dominant run blocking lines in the league, and the Karma would be ammusing.

Thats my 10 cents.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 03:18 AM

Who is saying you have to decide what coaches get credit for what, it's about the bigger picture of even putting them in reference to ANYTHING. Mike McCoy probably had more to do than we think, but yeah if I had to guess I'd probably think his responsibilities weren't much more complex than that.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 03:21 AM

I'm not deflecting anything, I'm just saying, that this whole Nolan leaving causing fans to go ballistic and point hands at McDaniels is ridiculous, like you guys are little girls. HE DID IT! Without any logical sense, it's by default McDaniels. He's inherited that since the Cutler deal and that's sad because he tried to save it, Bowlen wanted Cutler gone, DONE.

Orangemane used to be a more positive crowd, I guess we have to wait until the preseason for some of those people to come out because the only ones here in the off-season right now completely suck ass at any support, and hold double standards for anyone not associated with the Shanny regime.

watermock
01-22-2010, 03:56 AM
2 headed horse? stfu

bendog
01-22-2010, 08:51 AM
give him credit? He can have credit if they go 13-3 and go to the AFC championship. If they go 8-8 again, I hope he's in freaking buffalo.