PDA

View Full Version : Here's why not to miss Mike Nolan, and why McDaniels is smarter than you

The MVPlaya
01-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I hope everyone to this point has finally accepted these points:

1. Mike Nolan was a conservative defensive coordinator before the Broncos.

2. Josh McDaniels said we'd be running an aggressive attacking style defense before the season, and during the season.

3. They both have the same agent, this is probably why it was easy to get Nolan here in the first place.

4. We were 26th in the league in run defense and could not stop it down the stretch.

Now - after some research, it's pretty evident Nolan leaving could have had to do with agreements on defense. Nolan wanting to be in Miami could be the bigger/main factor, but definitely understand that McDaniels and Nolan probably were not on the same page at all times.

Remember McDaniels said that blitzing against the run was NOT a good formula? Well, McDaniels is spot on with this point because outside of basic defensive logic - for example: none of the top defenses blitz to stop the run. This is WHY it is so important to get a good dline, and why Ayers was probably drafted.

This is probably why McDaniels likes to have big players on the front 7.

Guess what?

Mike Nolan blitzes to stop the run, and it's been a "staple" to his defense. (As notated here... http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/20/1261307/nolan-out-because-mcdaniels-wanted)

Now to further go in on this - I was talking to some more Niners fans, and numerous times throughout his tenure there it was a huge debate and problem about how he would fucc up his blitzes causing Niners to give up huge plays (hence why Niners lead the league in most big plays given up on year, and always being last in defense). It probably helped us a bit this year having a veteran secondary too. It was known by the fans/media in the bay area that Nolan would blitz to stop the run, something that would hurt the defense down the line. One of his main faults to his failures - he would always be fuccing up when blitzing. I would link you guys to proof but the 49ers board search does not work.

Personally - I think it is quite obvious that blitzing is not a good formula to stop the run unless you're playing Madden. I did NOT know that this was in Mike Nolan's scheme.

So for some of you, maybe this will lighten things up/help keep you at ease.

Blitzing is not a good idea to stop the run - it is what Nolan does.

The last main and key points I want to make:

1. Maybe it's a better idea that the head coach oversees the defense or has some say instead of giving all the powers to him? Coord. come and go like players, so what happens when one leaves that had full control? Not exactly a bright ending, and you're left with choices of promoting a position coach.

2. Steelers is an obvious exception.

3. Mike Nolan was only here for 1 season and our defense looked ****ty at seasons end.

4. Mike Nolan is gone and we shall move forward... :thumbsup:

:bronxrox::gobroncos

:lombardi::lombardi::lombardi::lombardi::lombardi: :lombardi::lombardi:

EDIT -
More proof of Nolan's conservative ways

http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/146073.html

One of Nolan's most criticized traits has been his conservative coaching style.
"I think Nolan is very intelligent," said Harry Mitchell, 44, of Modesto. "But his conservative ways will lead the 49ers into mediocrity.
"When Nolan was the defensive coordinator with the Washington Redskins, (owner) Daniel Snyder would get so upset with Nolan and his "vanilla" playcalling and schemes, after one practice, he left a gallon of Neapolitan sherbet on Nolan's desk and a note that said 'This is what I like. Not Vanilla.' Needless to say, Nolan soon left to the Jets. It seems his conservative ways have followed him here."

Killericon
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I'll be satiated if we get Pees. If we get a crappy replacement, I might just join the rabble-rousers.

I'll still miss Nolan, though.

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
You don't even know me.

McD made some great moves in FA last year. He was a little impatient during the draft, but I am willing to give it time. He brought in great coaches. I want to see us improve next season, and make a playoff push cuz I hate the off season

SoDak Bronco
01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
When have a ****ty front seven you have to blitz. When you aren't making plays and getting gashed playing straight up, you have to mix it up to try and make something happen.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2010, 08:47 PM
When have a ****ty front seven you have to blitz. When you aren't making plays and getting gashed playing straight up, you have to mix it up to try and make something happen.

Well you pretty much saw what happen when we did...

gyldenlove
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Nolan's defenses ever finished in the top of the league... hmm boy it looks like his Ravens defenses - who also blitzed against the run - finished in the top 5 of the league in 2 of his 3 years there. I wonder if Mike Nolan knows more about NFL defensive coaching than mvplaya - hmm, considering only one of them is being paid millions to orchestrate an NFL defense I would say there is certainly evidence to suggest that.

Teams where the defensive coordinator takes care of the game plan include:

Giants and Steelers who have won 3 of the last 4 super bowls, I wonder if it is a bad idea.

Mike Nolan took our defense from 29th to 7th in one year, Mcdaniels took our offense from 16th to 19th in one year.

It would be nice to move forward, but lets see Mcdaniels do better with the defense than he did with the offense because some would suggest that based on history we might be moving backwards with this move.

BroncoMan4ever
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM
that was a interesting breakdown of the Nolan tendencies, but damn i just want some stability on the defense. every year we have new coaches and have to shuffle the roster again. we need to get someone and just plug the guy in for the next few years.

OCBronco
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree on most points. Nolan was a big help in transitioning the defense to being somewhat effective. I imagine McDaniels will continue to bolster the D this coming offseason, both with the coaches and the players. More talent in the front seven will go a long way towards helping improve that #26 ranking.

Borks147
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Nolan's defenses ever finished in the top of the league... hmm boy it looks like his Ravens defenses - who also blitzed against the run - finished in the top 5 of the league in 2 of his 3 years there. I wonder if Mike Nolan knows more about NFL defensive coaching than mvplaya - hmm, considering only one of them is being paid millions to orchestrate an NFL defense I would say there is certainly evidence to suggest that.

Giants and Steelers who have won 3 of the last 4 super bowls, I wonder if it is a bad idea.

Mike Nolan took our defense from 29th to 7th in one year, Mcdaniels took our offense from 16th to 19th in one year.

It would be nice to move forward, but lets see Mcdaniels do better with the defense than he did with the offense because some would suggest that based on history we might be moving backwards with this move.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9548/bgjfandagj9t1y81livqe3u.gif (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/bgjfandagj9t1y81livqe3u.gif/)

Bob's your Information Minister
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
bla bla bla

This reeks of Larry Coyer redux

Ray Finkle
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
But he doesn't understand what it means to be a Bronco (sorry TJ)....

SoDak Bronco
01-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Well you pretty much saw what happen when we did...

Not sure your point here. I am saying we dont have the players to run either scheme and be successful over the course of the season. We are going to continue to struggle unless we get some beef upfront and hopefully an offense that can score some more points to put pressure on the opposing teams offense to play us differently.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Yeah the defense he took over from Marvin Lewis? The defense that had 11 pro bowlers on defense (exaggeration). Or how about Mike Nolan's history has been more of letdowns than actual success? Yeah he knows more - but how about you start looking what I'm saying ?

I said Steelers are an OBVIOUS exception.

No one is saying that a defense cord shouldn't take care of the game plan - if the HC and he are on the same page then obviously it's not an ISSUE. I highly doubt in many of those cases you'll see the head coach blindly allowing the dcord to do what he likes.

Yeah, it's not that hard to do better after how the defense played in the second half of the season.

Killericon
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
bla bla bla

This reeks of Larry Coyer redux

Coyer was clearly a scapegoat. This isn't anything like that.

DBroncos4life
01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Mike Nolan this is your third and final page to get under the bus......

Broncos4tw
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea.. I dunno what he was thinking. First year and all, vastly improving our D, he clearly sucked and should go. Of course, in the same light, McDaniels sucked and should also go. Wait.. he is a god.. Nolan sucks.. dang, I don't get it.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2010, 09:29 PM
No one said NOLAN SUCKS... but for damn sure he has more in his career than hasn't - especially in his past 4 years.

No one is saying Nolan should go either

This is for the people acting like Nolan is Dick LeBeau

2KBack
01-20-2010, 09:33 PM

If we want to start discussing successful history as a DC, Nolan is pretty damn spotty. In 11 seasons as a DC he has had 3 or 4 top defenses, and never have they been back to back. His defenses on the giants disintegrated from a top 5 unit in 1993 to number 17 by 1996. With the Skins he had a top 10 defense in the first season and it wasn't even in the top 25 two years later. The Ravens years are where Nolan seems to have established his name, of course there was that middle year of his tenure were the defense was bottom half of the league. I believe that was the year Ray Lewis was injured. If you believe in trends, and I do, Miami will have a pretty good D next season...followed by an annual worsening.

Honestly, I think the guy is good, better than solid, but he isn't some sort of guru. I do appreciate his help in making the D look respectable again, for a lot of the time. That said, I think that any competent DC was gonna look like a genius after Slowick. I think the defense will be fine, once it gets a little more talent infused, and the young guys develop.

DBroncos4life
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
No one said NOLAN SUCKS... but for damn sure he has more in his career than hasn't - especially in his past 4 years.

No one is saying Nolan should go either

This is for the people acting like Nolan is Dick LeBeau

Do you happen to have a list of successful teams that have gone through as many DC's as us in the last 10 years?

He isn't Dick LeBeau but lets not start thread saying well here is why we won't miss Mike Nolan and point out his flaws during his FIRST year in a major overhaul of a D. You might be one of a few people that don't want the team to have consistency and continuity because what the **** right there might be someone that could have done a better job out there.

gyldenlove
01-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah the defense he took over from Marvin Lewis? The defense that had 11 pro bowlers on defense (exaggeration). Or how about Mike Nolan's history has been more of letdowns than actual success? Yeah he knows more - but how about you start looking what I'm saying ?

That defense had 2 players who had been to the pro bowl prior to Nolan taking over: Ray Lewis and Peter Boulware. That is it, 2.

So you are saying that it is not impressive at all how he took a defense with 2 pro bowlers to become a top 5 unit in the league?

The defense that Marvin Lewis had featured guys like Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams and Michael Mcrary, all of whom were gone when Nolan took over.

Nolan took over a Giants defense that finished 3rd worst in the league in points and tranformed it into the best unit in his first year and a top 10 unit in 3 of his 4 years there. Not a letdown.

Nolan took the Ravens to top 10 in scoring defense in 3 of 4 years there. Not a letdown.

Nolan may not be a good head coach but the defense in San Fransisco improved while he was there and the talent on the unit improved a lot while he was there. Considering he took over the worst unit in the league and acquired such talent as Willis, Franklin, Haralson, Goldson, Lewis, Sopoaga, Smith, Lawson, Brooks. That unit is now one of the best with the players he acquired, I wouldn't call that a defensive let down.

gunns
01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9548/bgjfandagj9t1y81livqe3u.gif (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/bgjfandagj9t1y81livqe3u.gif/)

I don't think it's hate, a lot were facts. We are not going to win a SB until the defense improves and becomes dominant. Nolan didn't have the personnel to take it any further than he did this year but I was anticipating next year for once. I'm willing to see what happens but since defense has always been the most important aspect to me, this better work, or I may be joining the "negative" side. This isn't something that he needs "time" to achieve. We were on our way to achieving for once and now another upheaval. I don't want Shanny repeats. Except for guard, QB and WR McD's oversee of the defense needs to be his primary focus.

2KBack
01-20-2010, 10:07 PM
That defense had 2 players who had been to the pro bowl prior to Nolan taking over: Ray Lewis and Peter Boulware. That is it, 2.

So you are saying that it is not impressive at all how he took a defense with 2 pro bowlers to become a top 5 unit in the league?

The defense that Marvin Lewis had featured guys like Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams and Michael Mcrary, all of whom were gone when Nolan took over.

Nolan took over a Giants defense that finished 3rd worst in the league in points and tranformed it into the best unit in his first year and a top 10 unit in 3 of his 4 years there. Not a letdown.

Nolan took the Ravens to top 10 in scoring defense in 3 of 4 years there. Not a letdown.

Nolan may not be a good head coach but the defense in San Fransisco improved while he was there and the talent on the unit improved a lot while he was there. Considering he took over the worst unit in the league and acquired such talent as Willis, Franklin, Haralson, Goldson, Lewis, Sopoaga, Smith, Lawson, Brooks. That unit is now one of the best with the players he acquired, I wouldn't call that a defensive let down.

What information are you using. Nolan was the DC for 3 years in NY and 3 years in Baltimore, not 4. In NY his defenses got progressively worse. In Balt. His di have very good defenses 2 out of 3 years, of course Baltimore has had a top ten defense 10 seasons out of their 14 year existence. As a matter of fact it has only ranked lower than 6th one time in the last 11 years...one of Nolan's years.

As for SF, he wasn't coordinator, but he did not turn that franchise around either. He was like 2-7 when he was fired. Either way, that has little bearing on his defenses, unless you feel he had a great deal of control over the SF defense. If he did it's more indictment than anything.

I liked Nolan, I really did, but people are making him out to be something he really isn't.

TheReverend
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DBroncos4life
01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
What information are you using. Nolan was the DC for 3 years in NY and 3 years in Baltimore, not 4. In NY his defenses got progressively worse. In Balt. His di have very good defenses 2 out of 3 years, of course Baltimore has had a top ten defense 10 seasons out of their 14 year existence. As a matter of fact it has only ranked lower than 6th one time in the last 11 years...one of Nolan's years.

As for SF, he wasn't coordinator, but he did not turn that franchise around either. He was like 2-7 when he was fired. Either way, that has little bearing on his defenses, unless you feel he had a great deal of control over the SF defense. If he did it's more indictment than anything.

I liked Nolan, I really did, but people are making him out to be something he really isn't.

I think all but one of the starting D players on San Fran was picked or brought in why he was the HC of the team. If McD is going to get the credit for bringing in the players to that turned around our D shouldn't Nolan get the same at San Fran?

2KBack
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I think all but one of the starting D players on San Fran was picked or brought in why he was the HC of the team. If McD is going to get the credit for bringing in the players to that turned around our D shouldn't Nolan get the same at San Fran?

Sure he does. He gets credit for picking up talent, he just didn't put them to use very well.

01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Coyer was clearly a scapegoat. This isn't anything like that.

Whatever the motivations, it reeks of the same kind of mistake.

bowtown
01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Whatever the motivations, it reeks of the same kind of mistake.

You reek of jelly donuts and bed sores.

01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Insightful contribution.

ZONA
01-20-2010, 11:48 PM
All of this analyzing for not. The man is gone, as in not here any longer. I applaud your attempt MVP but the people who loved Nolan and think it was McD's fault that he left are always going to believe it. Just like the guys who worshiped Cutler, they still think he is a top 5 QB. You can't say anything to change their mind, even though Jay led the league in INT's yet again, and still doesn't have a winning season to his name.

I personally don't care what Nolan's past was like, his successful defenses, his bad defenses, what he had for dinner. He's gone. End of story.

Hulamau
01-21-2010, 12:05 AM

Our offense scored more points in the last 6 games than the first 6. That is where the rubber meets the road . Scoring offense and defense ... for all of its known struggles with the run game that, in turn, put huge pressure on Orton and the passing game as well with the Oline shuffle. The still made progress and had us in position to win at least three of the last four games.

Last year the offense looked all-world for the first four games or so, just like our D this year, and that is why the stats looked marginally better on O last year.

Unfortunately, the D did not hold its own at least in sustaining some measure of its dominant first 6 game performance and turned into a sieve the last two months of the season while the offense showed some signs of improvement.

Not enough improvement to over come the defenses late game swan dives and we wont until the Oline is stout and deep again. But the Defense is what crapped the table here and had the bigger hand in losing the last four games.

Orton actually orchestrated comebacks that were one or two defensive plays away from realization on three of the last four games, and in the KC game was on the road to doing the same but had to go one dimensional and pass every down to overcome the 5,000 yards rushing they allowed Charles to paste on us.

That was some damn poor play calling by Nolan in that game, it wasn't just poor execution. Some of those run blitz's had guys totally out of position.

Just perhaps Nolan is too predictable. It was great in the beginning when no one knew what to expect from us and all the new players, and the whole team was fresh and had that underdog mentality. But as the front line wore down some and we got more exposed the needed creativity and adjustments never came.

Nolan had a couple good years with the Ravens when they were stocked with a roster of championship caliber players in their prime and it took a while for other teams to sort it out. The Ravens, though, have been similarly stout on Defense with not too much drop off for most of the subsequent years after Nolan as well. So just how much it was all on him is questionable?

Its interesting Champ and Dawkins both said they were excited for what this defense can become next year. Champ even said he knows what has to change as did Dawkins. Better players along the front is number one, but perhaps more flexible and less predictable schemes is another?

The huge drop in defensive performance wasn't only because the guys weren't trying suddenly ... we got exposed in week 7 and never really adapted at all.

Bottom-line, Nolan is a decent coach, but obviously it was mutual the fit wasn't ideal. From the beginning there was little chance Nolan was going to be here more than one of two years tops.

Good luck to him in Miami except when they plays us, but Id rather go with a guy who is here for a while and is on the same page with the head coach and his vision of where he wants this team to go.

broncocalijohn
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
so are you saying MVPlaya that blitzing is not a good idea to stop the run? Not sure if i caught that part.
If this was the case, McD better work on bodies for the defense in draft or free agency.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 12:33 AM

The defense improved while he was there? The defense was ass while he was there. He was never able to get them to play well, hence why he was FIRED.

The season he took over his defense dropped from 2 to 22. (Ravens)

Let's take a look at his talent the following year, when he was 3rd...

Ray Lewis - Chris McAlister - Ed Reed - Boulware - Suggs - Adalius Thomas - KElly Gregg - Gary Baxter .. ETC

A majority of those players were the BEST or top at their position. Their defense was so fuccing stacked, why do you think DEION went there???

You're stretching just a bit man, you're talking like he turned sh1t into sugar.

I'll give him "credit" for Willis - even though that was the obvious pick and every single mock draft had them taking Willis.

I know you're stretching/lying/fabricating because BROOKS WAS JUST BROUGHT ON THIS YEAR BY SINGLETARY.

Nolan's career has been more spotty as someone said... he got his name because of that Ravens defense - lucky enough to be in a franchise that is DEFENSE first.

bpc
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Hey, McD makes his bed every morning, and he sleeps in it at night.

He'll get out of this, whatever he puts in.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
All of this analyzing for not. The man is gone, as in not here any longer. I applaud your attempt MVP but the people who loved Nolan and think it was McD's fault that he left are always going to believe it. Just like the guys who worshiped Cutler, they still think he is a top 5 QB. You can't say anything to change their mind, even though Jay led the league in INT's yet again, and still doesn't have a winning season to his name.

I personally don't care what Nolan's past was like, his successful defenses, his bad defenses, what he had for dinner. He's gone. End of story.

Good post. Maybe I've turned into a sucker into the culture around here.

:redpunch::cuss:

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 12:44 AM
The defense improved while he was there? The defense was ass while he was there. He was never able to get them to play well, hence why he was FIRED.

The season he took over his defense dropped from 2 to 22. (Ravens)

Let's take a look at his talent the following year, when he was 3rd...

Ray Lewis - Chris McAlister - Ed Reed - Boulware - Suggs - Adalius Thomas - KElly Gregg - Gary Baxter .. ETC

A majority of those players were the BEST or top at their position. Their defense was so fuccing stacked, why do you think DEION went there???

You're stretching just a bit man, you're talking like he turned sh1t into sugar.

I'll give him "credit" for Willis - even though that was the obvious pick and every single mock draft had them taking Willis.

I know you're stretching/lying/fabricating because BROOKS WAS JUST BROUGHT ON THIS YEAR BY SINGLETARY.

Nolan's career has been more spotty as someone said... he got his name because of that Ravens defense - lucky enough to be in a franchise that is DEFENSE first.

Isaac Sopoaga, Aubrayo Franklin, Justin Smith, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Patrick Willis, Parys Haralson, Michael Lewis, and Dashon Goldson. All starters all brought in by Nolan. That leaves Dre Bly and Shawntae Spencer (who was there before Nolan got there) as the only other two guys starting that Nolan didn't bring in.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 12:45 AM
so are you saying MVPlaya that blitzing is not a good idea to stop the run? Not sure if i caught that part.
If this was the case, McD better work on bodies for the defense in draft or free agency.

Don't take my word for it. McDaniels said it in that exact line (blitzing to stop the run is a bad formula) but don't take HIS word for it either.

Watch top defenses, they blitz to pressure the quarterback, not to stop the run. Bltizing to stop the run makes you EXTREMELY vulnerable, and the distance for the RB to hit open field is shortened (less distance to travel to hit the open field), thus more vulnerable to big plays.

Easy - just watch the Jest defense or the Ravens defense. This year last year, whenever (Ravens). You'll see they KILL at the line of scrimmage with their defenders. They don't need Andra Davis to gamble and blast through the hole. I noticed that it was much more obvious as the season progressed when we were going to blitz and when we weren't, I'm sure everyone did if they watched all 16 games.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Isaac Sopoaga, Aubrayo Franklin, Justin Smith, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Patrick Willis, Parys Haralson, Michael Lewis, and Dashon Goldson. All starters all brought in by Nolan. That leaves Dre Bly and Shawntae Spencer (who was there before Nolan got there) as the only other two guys starting that Nolan didn't bring in.

Spikes and Lewis? Like he had to groom these guys? lol

Anyways - like I said, they played well as a unit AFTER he left, what does that tell you?

6th in rush defense.

Tryna take credit away from Singletary and his hard nosed football and physical training camp... :rofl:

KevinJames
01-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Good post MVP wish we had more logical posts like this and not just threads full of knee jerk reactions.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Spikes and Lewis? Like he had to groom these guys? lol

Anyways - like I said, they played well as a unit AFTER he left, what does that tell you?

6th in rush defense.

Tryna take credit away from Singletary and his hard nosed football and physical training camp... :rofl:

Oh now it's about grooming them. I guess he didn't he didn't have any part of them being born either so ****. Who was the DC when the same players where not playing well? You act like as soon as Singletary got there the D started playing better. Truth is he was there the whole time Nolan was bringing these players in. I doubt Singletary was easy on them when he was the DC when Nolan was there.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Oh now it's about grooming them. I guess he didn't he didn't have any part of them being born either so ****. Who was the DC when the same players where not playing well? You act like as soon as Singletary got there the D started playing better. Truth is he was there the whole time Nolan was bringing these players in. I doubt Singletary was easy on them when he was the DC when Nolan was there.

I'm not sure, IS IT about grooming them? I mean, this topic is about how Nolan is getting credit for all these players he brought in, so I'm assuming it's about how somehow able to SPOT talent?

But man, why do you insist on sticking on his nut sack when you have no clue of what the fucc you're talking about?

You're obviously just talking in defense without actual knowledge of anything.

First off...

On the topic of grooming - SINGLETARY was the one that "groomed" Willis and taught him everything he knew. How? Why? Because he was the LINEBACKERS and ASSISTANT HEAD COACH, not the defensive coordinator. Their coord. has been the SAME since 07, manusky.

You're an idiot man. It's funny when people REALLY don't know what the fucc they're talking about.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Good post MVP wish we had more logical posts like this and not just threads full of knee jerk reactions.

:thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm not sure, IS IT about grooming them? I mean, this topic is about how Nolan is getting credit for all these players he brought in, so I'm assuming it's about how somehow able to SPOT talent?

But man, why do you insist on sticking on his nut sack when you have no clue of what the fucc you're talking about?

First off...

On the topic of grooming - SINGLETARY was the one that "groomed" Willis and taught him everything he knew. How? Why? Because he was the LINEBACKERS and ASSISTANT HEAD COACH, not the defensive coordinator. Their coord. has been the SAME since 07, manusky.

You're an idiot man. It's funny when people REALLY don't know what the fucc they're talking about.

You're right Greg Manusky is the DC. Nolan hired him in 2007 and brought Singletary with him from Balt and its about grooming them not bring in the people to groom them or the players themselves.

Mike Nolan the HC failed in San Fran record wise but he brought in the players they use on D and brought in the people to coach them.

Did Nolan not bring in players and a staff that improved the overall ranking of the 49ers team? You keep avoiding that question.

I can't say one way or another what role Nolan had on that team as far as developing players. I can take a guess because he is defensive minded that he work more on that side of the ball the on the offense. I do know that he was smart enough to bring in Mike Singletary with him from the Ravens.

As for your thread and a attempt to make Nolan seem less valuable than what he is/was here at Denver and how much smarter McDaniels is then us fans. Who just hired Nolan? How smart do you think Bill Parcells is? If only he would have seen this thread before waiting less the 24 hours after Nolan was let go to hire him.

bpc
01-21-2010, 02:52 AM

First off...

Sounds like 95% of your posts.

Popps
01-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Our offense scored more points in the last 6 games than the first 6..

Wow. Don't hear that stat much around here, do you.

bpc
01-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Wow. Don't hear that stat much around here, do you.

The offense didn't get better. It just played worse competition.

First 6 games:
10-6 Cincy (Def rk, 6th pts, 4th yds)
5-11 Cleveland (Def rk, 21st pts, 31st yds)
5-11 Oakland (Def rk, 23rd pts, 26th yds)
11-5 Dallas (2nd pts, 9th yds)
10-6 NE (5th pts, 11th yds)
13-3 SD (11th pts, 16th yds)
54-42 Opponents Combined Record (4 division winners)

Final 6 games:
8-8 NYG (30th pts, 13th yds)
4-12 KC (29th pts, 30th yds)
14-2 Indy (8th pts, 18th yds)
4-12 Oakland (23rd pts, 26th yds)
11-5 Philly (19th pts, 12th yds)
5-11 KC (29th pts, 30th yds
46-50 Opponents Combined Record (1 division winner)

Nice spin though.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:04 AM
You're right Greg Manusky is the DC. Nolan hired him in 2007 and brought Singletary with him from Balt and its about grooming them not bring in the people to groom them or the players themselves.

Mike Nolan the HC failed in San Fran record wise but he brought in the players they use on D and brought in the people to coach them.

Did Nolan not bring in players and a staff that improved the overall ranking of the 49ers team? You keep avoiding that question.

I can't say one way or another what role Nolan had on that team as far as developing players. I can take a guess because he is defensive minded that he work more on that side of the ball the on the offense. I do know that he was smart enough to bring in Mike Singletary with him from the Ravens.

As for your thread and a attempt to make Nolan seem less valuable than what he is/was here at Denver and how much smarter McDaniels is then us fans. Who just hired Nolan? How smart do you think Bill Parcells is? If only he would have seen this thread before waiting less the 24 hours after Nolan was let go to hire him.

lol only if you could see passed the actual thread title. No one is saying that Nolan is a worthless coordinator - as I said in the original post, I'm easing the mind of Nolan leaving. You, and some others, are acting as if we lost Dick LeBeau (or Rex Ryan).

Sure - he brought some of the players and some of the staff. I wouldn't EXACTLY call them successful NOW, but it is a vastly improved TEAM from when he left. Vernon Davis sure as hell doesn't look as a bust anymore. The Niners were still 15th in the league in defense at the end of the day.

That's fine - as long as you admit you're guessing I can talk to you normally. Mike Nolan had full control of the defensive, got the hand pick his plays and defensive play calls. That is why some of us are pointing out his defensive failures over there... the first time he was actually given the opportunity to start from block 1 how he liked with what he liked.

The players may be performing now - you can credit that to Nolan but I highly doubt many people will fully agree because Singletary is the one that put them through the smash mouth school and TC AND changed the culture out there. Singletary already had experience with all the players, so maybe he was able to best bring out their talents, something Nolan did not do.

If Nolan showed any sign of improvement in SF, he wouldn't have been fired.

I'm not saying Nolan is the worst or best defensive coach ever. Again, I'm just easing the mind of others that all we can do is use the past as an indicator for the future. Nolan is a Parcells guy - and I don't think anyone knows how his dc position will be brought out over there as far as control - etc.

Again - I'm not here to saying look - Nolan is just as bad as Slowick - NO. What I'm saying is that it isn't as huge of a loss as some make it out to be and that our defense fell off at the end of the year and we played as bad as possible. Did you know we were just 1 position higher last year in stopping the run?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Sounds like 95% of your posts.

Mine or yours? Because mine have solid proof and logical thinking behind it. While yours comes from... where the sun don't shine. Your posts are probably the most illogical, filled with random negative emotion, and probably one of the dumbest and idiotic posters you can find on any sports forum.

Your contribution means absolutely nothing but riling people up with dumb sh1t. You have had absolutely no positive contribution whatsoever to anything related to the Denver Broncos or this forum.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:11 AM

First 6 games:

Final 6 games:

Nice spin though.

Lol blind stats - it doesn't take a genius to see how much more comfortable the offense was as the season progressed. The most obvious indicator was the amount of timeouts we were burning in the beginning of the season and as the season progressed - and how quickly Orton was able to get the play calls out, and into the formation. Orton had a significant amount of increase in time to call out coverages, blitzes, whatever when lined up as the season progressed.

Yeah, I'm sure the defense had something to do with that. But I highly doubt you watched enough games to see this.

bpc
01-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Mine or yours? Because mine have solid proof and logical thinking behind it. While yours comes from... where the sun don't shine. Your posts are probably the most illogical, filled with random negative emotion, and probably one of the dumbest and idiotic posters you can find on any sports forum.

Your contribution means absolutely nothing but riling people up with dumb sh1t. You have had absolutely no positive contribution whatsoever to anything related to the Denver Broncos or this forum.

but but but, Nolan only elevated our defense 1 spot higher in run defense categories...

Never mind that he improved us across the board in every defensive category despite having blatant holes in his front 7. Defensive ranking for pts and yds two years ago was 30th and 29th in the league, and improved to 12th and 7th in the league overall. We also significantly boosted our sacks and turnovers.

Don't worry about those stats though, you go on cherry picking your statistics you want to use to support this asinine thread and it's title, provided by the ultimate dufus of them all. You.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:17 AM

First 6 games:

Final 6 games:

Nice spin though.

It's interesting that you "spin" these stats, because what does that say about Nolan and his defense to you guys?

Or how about our second most offensive scoring game was against the Chargers?

Spin the stats buddy - but anyone watching the games could easily identify what was happening.

bpc
01-21-2010, 04:24 AM
It's interesting that you "spin" these stats, because what does that say about Nolan and his defense to you guys?

Spin the stats buddy - but anyone watching the games could easily identify what was happening.

There is no spinning the stats. Denver's offense got impaled early in the season by better teams. Stats only got better when they started to play units which posted 19th or worse ranked defenses. HEY GUYS, we're getting better!!! Good call ya jackass.

It also says to me this defense came out like gangbusters to start the season and burned out as the season went along. Not surprising considering how many spare part players we have playing in the front seven, especially among the defensive line.

That failure was greatly aided by an offense that left the field too many times after just three plays and could hardly manufacture any sustained drives.

The SD game your hyping had two special teams touchdowns by Eddie Royal. (IDIOT!) You're right, anybody watching games could have diagnosed that why we scored so many pts against SD.

Damn you're dumb. Do you even realize it? You can't even neg rep me right.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:25 AM
but but but, Nolan only elevated our defense 1 spot higher in run defense categories...

Never mind that he improved us across the board in every defensive category despite having blatant holes in his front 7. Defensive ranking for pts and yds two years ago was 30th and 29th in the league, and improved to 12th and 7th in the league overall. We also significantly boosted our sacks and turnovers.

Don't worry about those stats though, you go on cherry picking your statistics you want to use to support this ascinine thread and it's title, provided by the ultimate dufus of them all. You.

Did he REALLY improve the defense in running? Did you completely miss the end of the season? Our scheme, team was FIGURED out.

But but but our team faced worse competition as the season ended.

Our defensive stats were roided up by the first 6 weeks because of our unpredictability.

But but but Nolan's defense was so great - we needed to win 4/10 games to end the season but we couldn't... but but but we couldn't beat Chiefs, Raiders, or Redskins!! Our defense couldn't hold up in ANY of those games. But But...

Man shut the fucc up - you're easier to take apart than Tiger was after he got exposed.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:27 AM
There is no spinning the stats. Denver's offense got impaled early in the season by better teams. Stats only got better when they started to play units which posted 19th or worse ranked defenses. HEY GUYS, we're getting better!!! Good call ya jackass.

It also says to me this defense came out like gangbusters to start the season and burned out as the season went along. Not surprising considering how many spare part players we have playing in the front seven, especially among the defensive line.

That failure was greatly aided by an offense that left the field too many times after just three plays and could hardly manufacture any sustained drives.

The SD game your hyping had two special teams touchdowns by Eddie Royal. (IDIOT!) You're right, anybody watching games could have diagnosed that why we scored so many pts against SD.

Damn you're dumb. Do you even realize it? You can't even neg rep me right.

HAHAHAHAH!!! You GOT ME MAN. The sad thing was that I was at the game. LOL

Honest mistake - I got owned in my own thread. Hilarious!

I won't even neg you, I'll give you a positive one for that. Can you be mad tho? It is 3:30am in the morning.

bpc
01-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Lol blind stats - it doesn't take a genius to see how much more comfortable the offense was as the season progressed. The most obvious indicator was the amount of timeouts we were burning in the beginning of the season and as the season progressed - and how quickly Orton was able to get the play calls out, and into the formation. Orton had a significant amount of increase in time to call out coverages, blitzes, whatever when lined up as the season progressed.

Yeah, I'm sure the defense had something to do with that. But I highly doubt you watched enough games to see this.

Hey jackass, you just credited our offense for their output vs. San Diego. Did you miss the two Eddie Royal ST returns for TD's which won that game for us?

Who's watching the games and who is not? Ha ha.

bpc
01-21-2010, 04:31 AM
HAHAHAHAH!!! You GOT ME MAN. The sad thing was that I was at the game. LOL

Honest mistake - I got owned in my own thread. Hilarious!

I won't even neg you, I'll give you a positive one for that. Can you be mad tho? It is 3:30am in the morning.

You get owned on everything thread because you're a tool and you don't know ****.

Just because you self-admit your mistake it doesn't make you look any better. Anybody with a brain on this forum knows you speak out your ass, and you don't know much about the things you're starting discussions about. Hence the title of this absolutely ridiculous thread.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Look - in all honestly and the arguing and bashing aside...

If it's just pure hate that you're using, than so be it. But hear me out...

The competition/defense DID decrease as the season progressed. However - I would make the assumption that our offense would have struggled, maybe not as much, if we had faced similar competition to begin the season. The facing of stiffer competition/defense may have been a factor to the team improving as the season progressed (you know kind of how like you do something really hard then you move down lower levels it tends to be easier?). Because of how complex/new the whole system was.

Again, in all honestly and bashing aside, I'm just stating my opinion of what I saw... and what I saw was the offense was much more comfortable and Orton was making quicker/better reads. Again, the easiest indicator was how quick the plays were getting called off and how quick we were lining up, and how much time Orton had before the snap to call out what he needed too. You could see the offense get better because of the more repetition they had, it's only natural for this to happen.

If you say the offense improved and the stats blew up, and our players didn't actually play better because of worse competition - fine I respect your opinion on that if that is what you truly believe.

However, I think that we can ALL, not just me and you, agree that the defense fell OFF as the season progressed, not something that happened with the offense.

You got me laughing a bit on that previous post man, I need to stop posting at such late times.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 04:41 AM
You get owned on everything thread because you're a tool and you don't know ****.

Just because you self-admit your mistake it doesn't make you look any better. Anybody with a brain on this forum knows you speak out your ass, and you don't know much about the things you're starting discussions about. Hence the title of this absolutely ridiculous thread.

Hey, if that's what you think that so be it. But me not knowing **** isn't something I think many people would agree with... neither would you, but I think after all the back and forth has caused you to put me and McDaniels in the same side of your folder.

I like to think I'm one of the more knowledgeable ones, but if you don't think so then I guess that makes someone. :strong:

bendog
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM

2. Josh McDaniels said we'd be running an aggressive attacking style defense before the season, and during the season.

3. They both have the same agent, this is probably why it was easy to get Nolan here in the first place.

4. We were 26th in the league in run defense and could not stop it down the stretch.

Now - after some research, it's pretty evident Nolan leaving could have had to do with agreements on defense. Nolan wanting to be in Miami could be the bigger/main factor, but definitely understand that McDaniels and Nolan probably were not on the same page at all times.

Remember McDaniels said that blitzing against the run was NOT a good formula? Well, McDaniels is spot on with this point because outside of basic defensive logic - for example: none of the top defenses blitz to stop the run. This is WHY it is so important to get a good dline, and why Ayers was probably drafted.

Guess what?

Mike Nolan blitzes to stop the run, and it's been a "staple" to his defense. (As notated here... http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/20/1261307/nolan-out-because-mcdaniels-wanted)

Now to further go in on this - I was talking to some more Niners fans, and numerous times throughout his tenure there it was a huge debate and problem about how he would fucc up his blitzes causing Niners to give up huge plays (hence why Niners lead the league in most big plays given up on year, and always being last in defense). It probably helped us a bit this year having a veteran secondary too. It was known by the fans/media in the bay area that Nolan would blitz to stop the run, something that would hurt the defense down the line. One of his main faults to his failures - he would always be fuccing up when blitzing. I would link you guys to proof but the 49ers board search does not work.

Personally - I think it is quite obvious that blitzing is not a good formula to stop the run unless you're playing Madden. I did NOT know that this was in Mike Nolan's scheme.

1. Maybe it's a better idea that the head coach oversees the defense or has some say instead of giving all the powers to him? Coord. come and go like players, so what happens when one leaves that had full control? Not exactly a bright ending, and you're left with choices of promoting a position coach.

3. Mike Nolan was only here for 1 season and our defense looked ****ty at seasons end.

I knew the "word" blitz would be misunderstood in this thread. lol

Wait, wait, wait .... if lil Josh had bigger linemen he wouldn't need to stack the line with FIVE ..... oh my God!

mr007
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
As others have said, with our front 7, the ONLY way to stop the run IS TO BLITZ. It's an extremely misguided thought to say that teams that are successful in stopping the run don't blitz. The only reason teams don't blitz to stop the run, is if they have a big enough dline to control the push of the opposing oline. In this scenario, the backers have time to react to the runner and get pursuit for minimal gains.

In the scenario where you have a dline that gets pushed around (ring a bell?), the opposing offensive line often gets a decent push into the backfield, which ends up tying up the backers in a react scenario and enables the longer runs. When you're blitzing you give their RB less time to react and it's a gamble you have to take if you want to control the run at all with our type of front 7.

Pretty much the entire OP is pointless and does not apply to our team.

worm
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
If anybody made this thread before Monday it would have been universally shouted down.

If Baja would have created a poll saying 'Do you think Nolan should be replaced?'...for EXACTLY the same reasons you cited...it would have been 100-0 against it.

Suddenly now that we have arrived at this point....here come the people who tells us how good it is that Nolan is gone, How the scheme wasn't aggressive enough. That it was mostly Josh's work anyway in the first six games..and on and on as they try to shine the sun on a dogs ass.

I understand wanting to be optimistic and all...but how can some of you take yourselves seriously when you seem incapable of critical analysis?

I would have more respect for this thread if it was posted prior to Monday. Instead it come off as somebody just trying to put together 'facts' to positively explain what played out. You can ALWAYS do that with data.

Watch for it to happen if Elvis doesn't get re-signed. There will be a ton of people telling us after the fact how that is the right move. Yet strangely these justification threads never seem to happen prior to the head-scratching events that takes place.

TheDave
01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
If anybody made this thread before Monday it would have been universally shouted down.

If Baja would have created a poll saying 'Do you think Nolan should be replaced?'...for EXACTLY the same reasons you cited...it would have been 100-0 against it.

Suddenly now that we have arrived at this point....here come the people who tells us how good it is that Nolan is gone, How the scheme wasn't aggressive enough. That it was mostly Josh's work anyway in the first six games..and on and on as they try to shine the sun on a dogs ass.

I understand wanting to be optimistic and all...but how can some of you take yourselves seriously when you seem incapable of critical analysis?

I would have more respect for this thread if it was posted prior to Monday. Instead it come off as somebody just trying to put together 'facts' to positively explain what played out. You can ALWAYS do that with data.

Watch for it to happen if Elvis doesn't get re-signed. There will be a ton of people telling us after the fact how that is the right move. Yet strangely these justification threads never seem to happen prior to the head-scratching events that takes place.

This ^

Meck77
01-21-2010, 11:50 AM
McDaniels is smarter than us when it comes to football because he's worked his way up the ranks and managed to secure an NFL coaching job. There isn't a single person on this forum with his qualifications. It's real cute to trash on Bowlen and McD but at the end of the day we're nothing but average joes. Furthermore McD's job is to win a SB. We may not agree with some of his choices but he has his plan. All we can do is sit back and watch it unfold.

montrose
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM
McDaniels is smarter than us when it comes to football because he's worked his way up the ranks and managed to secure an NFL coaching job. There isn't a single person on this forum with his qualifications. It's real cute to trash on Bowlen and McD but at the end of the day we're nothing but average joes. Furthermore McD's job is to win a SB. We may not agree with some of his choices but he has his plan. All we can do is sit back and watch it unfold.

Please change the title as McDaniels is not smarter than ANYONE on this board. I am convinced he is the least intelligent person in the world.

bowtown
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM

Well then let me be the first to say that if we pull back on the agressive defense and plan to use our OLBs in a more of a run support manner, and depending the cost, then I think it might not be worth bringing Elvis back. I love the guy and I love his tenacity at rushing the passer, but he is still too easily contained in the run game. He is a top 5 pass rusher in this league, but not top 5 in run support. If his cost is top 5 for an OLB, then I would understand letting him walk.

I hope it doesn't happen.

Edit" meant I could understnad possibly trading him, not letting him walk.

TheDave
01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Please change the title as McDaniels is not smarter than ANYONE on this board. I am convinced he is the least intelligent person in the world.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic... But I am curious to hear your opinion of Nolan leaving?

jhns
01-21-2010, 11:58 AM

You are right. McDaniels knows the Xs and Os better than anyone here. Now the whole being a GM thing, that is questionable at best. We are starting Kyle Orton at QB. Case closed.

Also, we can do more than sit and watch it unfold. We can cry about it and protest it. Have you not been paying attention? That way we can show we weren't the ones supporting the team cancer.

~Crash~
01-21-2010, 12:22 PM

and that can be said about Mike Shanahan so did that stop us from second guessing him ? and why you on a forum if McD is to be god and all we need to do is follow like zombies

Popps
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM

You obviously haven't seen Taco's thread on what it means to BE a Bronco.

~Crash~
01-21-2010, 12:26 PM
You obviously haven't seen Taco's thread on what it means to BE a Bronco.

so why are you ass hats on a forum ? Hilarious!

montrose
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic... But I am curious to hear your opinion of Nolan leaving?

I'll tell you Dave, I'm pretty bummed about Nolan leaving. I think he's a really good DC and was looking forward to having the same guy coordinating the defense for the first time in years. Now I do think it's important for a HC to be comfortable with his assistants and if these guys weren't comfortable together - that's noteworthy but I still think there's got to be a whole lot more to the story than we're getting here.

Regardless, my biggest concern is if McD is or is not dividing the locker room. I don't think the out-of-towners saw this but on the first day of free agency last year McDaniels and Nolan were with Dawkins and all the other signings at the Nuggets game so I'm going to assume these veteran defense players signed here with the idea Nolan would be coordinating their defense. That's what worries me most. I still believe Josh McDaniels will be a Super Bowl-caliber HC in this league, I'm just worried it's going to be at stop #2 and we'll be to McD as Cleveland is to Belichick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM

, he said while looking into the mirror.

TheDave
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll tell you Dave, I'm pretty bummed about Nolan leaving. I think he's a really good DC and was looking forward to having the same guy coordinating the defense for the first time in years. Now I do think it's important for a HC to be comfortable with his assistants and if these guys weren't comfortable together - that's noteworthy but I still think there's got to be a whole lot more to the story than we're getting here.

Regardless, my biggest concern is if McD is or is not dividing the locker room. I don't think the out-of-towners saw this but on the first day of free agency last year McDaniels and Nolan were with Dawkins and all the other signings at the Nuggets game so I'm going to assume these veteran defense players signed here with the idea Nolan would be coordinating their defense. That's what worries me most. I still believe Josh McDaniels will be a Super Bowl-caliber HC in this league, I'm just worried it's going to be at stop #2 and we'll be to McD as Cleveland is to Belichick.

That's a fair take... :thumbs:

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 01:19 PM

You have a strong point and I respect it. However, it is not my job and it was never brought to my attention to dig this deep... I don't begin to create supply when there is no demand.

You're right, facts can always be twisted to explain why something happened.

This thread was not to say Nolan shouldn't have been here, or it's better than he's gone.. it's to ease the mind of some people and to say that we didn't exactly lose Dick LeBeau or Rex Ryan.

Your Elvis point brings up a good point because you didn't not find me reppin Elvis like everyone.

Elvis is a sack "machine" but if you analyze his data you'll find faults. I think ALL his sacks this year came from lining up with his hands down, and his sacks were padded in a couple games.

To be honest, the whole world talking about how great he is at OLB due to his sacks is probably one of the biggest misconceptions around here and everywhere because he wasn't never really able to rush the QB from a line backing position. Elvis does get good push at times though.

I think you meant I'm incapable of critical analysis before something happens... I think you can say that about every single professional writer, whomever who gets paid to do what they do. They don't write where there is no demand. You can write to stir up something, but most people would just blow it off or shouted down, like you said.

At the end of the day, I create these thread to create discussion and for people to read what I'm saying. Like I said, I'll supply where there is demand.

The Elvis situation has been on my mind all season long, and I think if you watch interviews, McDaniels ALWAYS downplays Elvis' being so great at OLB because he knows that Elvis was always most effective/getting his sacks with his hands down.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 01:46 PM
The MVPlaya I have to ask did you start a thread like this when we hired Mike Nolan? It seems you don't think highly of him so you must have started some kind of thread about him not being as good as we think he was. So did you?

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 01:51 PM

Or how about our season lowest was against the Chargers. You seem to forget we played them twice.

How about that for a spin job on your part.

Popps
01-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I
Watch for it to happen if Elvis doesn't get re-signed. There will be a ton of people telling us after the fact how that is the right move. .

Yea, I don't think so.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Yea, I don't think so.

Like hell they won't a number of posters already call him out for disappearing at times.

PRBronco
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Like hell they won't a number of posters already call him out for disappearing at times.

<--- Guilty

I wonder if Elvis' All-Pro/Pro Bowl rise to stardom will result in him drawing more penalties next year? The dude gets more hands to the face than Tom Cable's wife. The more I think about it the more likely it seems. He's very likeable and non criminal, I bet the league would like him to rise to prominence.

2KBack
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Yea, I don't think so.

I might.

My heart may not be in it, but I have no problem admitting that I may try.

bpc
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Well then let me be the first to say that if we pull back on the agressive defense and plan to use our OLBs in a more of a run support manner, and depending the cost, then I think it might not be worth bringing Elvis back. I love the guy and I love his tenacity at rushing the passer, but he is still too easily contained in the run game. He is a top 5 pass rusher in this league, but not top 5 in run support. If his cost is top 5 for an OLB, then I would understand letting him walk.

I hope it doesn't happen.

Edit" meant I could understnad possibly trading him, not letting him walk.

It's his first year in the 3-4... It's harder to find a dominant pass rusher, than it is to find a guy that can stop the run. Doom has the body to play the run, he just needs better technique and in time, it will come. It's dropping back that should have people concerned.

gtown
01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Yea, I don't think so.

It's like the A-Rod quandary a few years ago. He would show up from May to August and just disappear in the playoffs. But the question is - would the Yanks have made the playoffs without him those years?

Same with Doom. He might disappear in big games, but he had 17 sacks this year. I am pretty sure that some of those were game changers. Given that our O sucked, one more score or successful drive by the opponent might have meant a loss, and consequently a losing season.

Guy is a great pass rusher, has gotten a little better against the run, stays out of trouble, does not rock the boat, and is quickly becoming a veteran leader. If they show him the door without getting something just as good in return, I will bitch about it ad nauseum.

bombay
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I liked Nolan fine and thought he did a reasonably good job with teh players he had, but Miami will be his 8th NFL stop (twice in Denver) so it's not the end of the world.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NolaMi0.htm

Taco John
01-21-2010, 04:16 PM
i might.

My heart may not be in it, but i have no problem admitting that i may try.

rofl!

oubronco
01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Yea, I don't think so.

Oh I could see that happening

bowtown
01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
It's his first year in the 3-4... It's harder to find a dominant pass rusher, than it is to find a guy that can stop the run. Doom has the body to play the run, he just needs better technique and in time, it will come. It's dropping back that should have people concerned.

Well they both have me a litte concerned right now. I realize it's his first year in the position and he will continue to improve. All I'm saying is if we are actually switching a defense that isn't going to utilize his unique gift to its fullest, then maybe his best value to the team is to trade him to a team that will--and pay a bounty in return--rather than pay him an exorbanant amount of money to mostly do things we hope he gets better at.

I will add though, that I would be extremely disapointed if we choose to employ a defense that can't fully utilize what he's best at. Players like Doom don't just fall off of trees. Not to mention that I'd have another worthless jersey.

Merlin
01-21-2010, 06:02 PM
The more I think about it the more likely it seems.
I know I shouldn't but LOL

Merlin
01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
The dude gets more hands to the face than Tom Cable's wife
I know I shouldn't but LOL

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Or how about our season lowest was against the Chargers. You seem to forget we played them twice.

How about that for a spin job on your part.

Maybe because Chris Simms had started the game??? WTF?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM
The MVPlaya I have to ask did you start a thread like this when we hired Mike Nolan? It seems you don't think highly of him so you must have started some kind of thread about him not being as good as we think he was. So did you?

Did you guys start a thread of how great he was before the season started? Because if you had, and actually done the research, I don't think the person would have gotten as far as pressing the Submit button.

Again - and again - and again - This has nothing to do with me not thinking highly of him - moreso of not worrying about losing him. I got heat from Niners fans when we hired him of how bad he sucked...obviously the first 6 weeks we proved everyone wrong... not so much as after.

Losing Nolan isn't that big of a deal, he was only here for 1 season. The loss of Larry Coyer was mUCH MUCH MUCH more of a big deal than this.

And then what happened? We hired Jim Bates and he was hyped up by this forum more than Elvis Dumervil is. Hyping about how great his scheme was with his DT's taking up sapace and DE's being about to do their work, etc...Then we had the excuses of oh, we don't have the personell for his scheme. BUT BUT BUT we play to the team's strengths!

Yeah, you guys don't wanna talk about that. :rofl:

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:26 PM
As others have said, with our front 7, the ONLY way to stop the run IS TO BLITZ. It's an extremely misguided thought to say that teams that are successful in stopping the run don't blitz. The only reason teams don't blitz to stop the run, is if they have a big enough dline to control the push of the opposing oline. In this scenario, the backers have time to react to the runner and get pursuit for minimal gains.

In the scenario where you have a dline that gets pushed around (ring a bell?), the opposing offensive line often gets a decent push into the backfield, which ends up tying up the backers in a react scenario and enables the longer runs. When you're blitzing you give their RB less time to react and it's a gamble you have to take if you want to control the run at all with our type of front 7.

Pretty much the entire OP is pointless and does not apply to our team.

I'm not going to respond because that's just poor football logic.

Anyways - I think you completely missed the part where I highlighted that it is a STAPLE of Nolan's defense.

Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:27 PM
<--- Guilty

I wonder if Elvis' All-Pro/Pro Bowl rise to stardom will result in him drawing more penalties next year? The dude gets more hands to the face than Tom Cable's wife. The more I think about it the more likely it seems. He's very likeable and non criminal, I bet the league would like him to rise to prominence.

They will only call holding if he is near the football. They've even botched this many times but if Elvis isn't close enough to the ball whether it's in the RB or QB's hands, he won't get a call.

Holding happens all the time in the NFL, the refs are told to only call it when it effects the play directly around the ball.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:31 PM
You are right. McDaniels knows the Xs and Os better than anyone here. Now the whole being a GM thing, that is questionable at best. We are starting Kyle Orton at QB. Case closed.

Also, we can do more than sit and watch it unfold. We can cry about it and protest it. Have you not been paying attention? That way we can show we weren't the ones supporting the team cancer.

How many times does it need to be said that at the end of the day it was Bowlen's (and Cutler's) decision to leave? Why is it McDaniels fault that Cutler is a diva? Bowlen TOLD McDaniels to GO MAKE A DEAL.

I know you're used to having QB's like Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler yell at coaches - but that **** ain't happening like it did before.

McDaniels truly does have a double standard.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Maybe because Chris Simms had started the game??? WTF?

I guess because Simms played in three drives out of eleven that game should just be thrown out.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
I guess because Simms played in three drives out of eleven that game should just be thrown out.

lol you guys will do anything to go look at stats to try and defend yourselves huh? Even tho you won't admit that you were already wrong from point 1.

But what does this have to do with the game being thrown out? Like I said, you're just switching up to try to spin yourself like you knew what you were talking about in the original post. Like you KNEW Simms started. :spit:

I think that most would agree that it wouldn't have been our worst offensive game if Simms hadn't started. Did you not forget we ran all the way up field on the opening drive, was in the redzone and Simms fumbled???

Quit man - I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make with the original post anyways.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Did you guys start a thread of how great he was before the season started? Because if you had, and actually done the research, I don't think the person would have gotten as far as pressing the Submit button.

Again - and again - and again - This has nothing to do with me not thinking highly of him - moreso of not worrying about losing him. I got heat from Niners fans when we hired him of how bad he sucked...obviously the first 6 weeks we proved everyone wrong... not so much as after.

Losing Nolan isn't that big of a deal, he was only here for 1 season. The loss of Larry Coyer was mUCH MUCH MUCH more of a big deal than this.

And then what happened? We hired Jim Bates and he was hyped up by this forum more than Elvis Dumervil is. Hyping about how great his scheme was with his DT's taking up sapace and DE's being about to do their work, etc...Then we had the excuses of oh, we don't have the personell for his scheme. BUT BUT BUT we play to the team's strengths!

Yeah, you guys don't wanna talk about that. :rofl:

The worm said exactly what I wanted to say to you. You waited till he wasn't a Bronco and then went off saying it's not that big of a deal as people make it out to be. Which is a typical thing around here.

The problem that you fail to understand it isn't about Nolan being the greatest coach in the NFL it's about another coaching turnover. Good teams don't make it a habit of replacing coaches year in and year out.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
The worm said exactly what I wanted to say to you. You waited till he wasn't a Bronco and then went off saying it's not that big of a deal as people make it out to be. Which is a typical thing around here.

The problem that you fail to understand it isn't about Nolan being the greatest coach in the NFL it's about another coaching turnover. Good teams don't make it a habit of replacing coaches year in and year out.

You're right! and I agree with you. I didn't WAIT for anything, like you guys are waiting to shave off years in your life to watch the Broncos lose just to prove your points about the HC.

Nolan was here for 1 year out of 2 year contract. If looks like he wasn't going to stay regardless and if he can't mesh well with the situation, or if he's sitting there eying another job after his contract then why would you even want him here to begin with?

You're right, replacing coaches year and year out is not a good formula and I whole heartily am on the same page with this as every other person.

Maybe that's why Don Martindale is a supposed candidate?

watermock
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
It's about losing the team and going 2-8 you dimwit.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
lol you guys will do anything to go look at stats to try and defend yourselves huh? Even tho you won't admit that you were already wrong from point 1.

But what does this have to do with the game being thrown out? Like I said, you're just switching up to try to spin yourself like you knew what you were talking about in the original post. Like you KNEW Simms started. :spit:

I think that most would agree that it wouldn't have been our worst offensive game if Simms hadn't started. Did you not forget we ran all the way up field on the opening drive, was in the redzone and Simms fumbled???

Quit man - I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make with the original post anyways.

Nope I didn't know that Simms played that game. Thank you so much for helping me out there. Man you are awesome. The point was you said our second best game point wise came against the Chargers the first time we played them. I came back and said well we played our worst game of the season point wise was in the second game vs them. You flipped it to be about Simms starting that game and now it's come down to fans wouldn't think it was our worst game had Orton played the whole game. Like there is even away to prove that.

watermock
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
You're right! and I agree with you. I didn't WAIT for anything, like you guys are waiting to shave off years in your life to watch the Broncos lose just to prove your points about the HC.

Nolan was here for 1 year out of 2 year contract. If looks like he wasn't going to stay regardless and if he can't mesh well with the situation, or if he's sitting there eying another job after his contract then why would you even want him here to begin with?

You're right, replacing coaches year and year out is not a good formula and I whole heartily am on the same page with this as every other person.

Wow!

watermock
01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMNbX2106pI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMNbX2106pI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM

Ah the good old if he doesn't want to be here why would we want him to be here argument. I haven't heard that since Cultergate. Like wanting to know why he left or how come he couldn't work with McD is a bad thing.

rastaman
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Well folks talk is cheap and excuses and speculations make great forum discussions. The 2010 season will allow McD to experiment, add/subtract players and coaches. In 2010, McD will have another year to point fingers when things go bad or and hog the glory when things are going great.

McD has time to survive 3 or 6 win season in 2010 or be billed as the second coming if he wins 9-11 games.

The 2010 season boils down to this: It will be another season of wait and see, another season of rebuilding in McD's image, Another season of give McD time, or McD doesn't have all his players and coaches in place yet, and the players are continuing getting use to McD schemes and styles, etc.

I'd say lets not get overly excited about McD's 2010 season. It looks like another season of rebuilding, realignment, more player-HC Drama and finger pointing, more growing pain and uncertainy...and a boat load of excuses, spin and propaganda from the McD apologists starting in February 010 thru December 010.

In 2010, the NE Broncos will be 50% of the way complete and 50 years of Denver Bronco tradition will be that much more forgotten. Welcome to the Denver McBroncos fans; FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE. We live in interesting times and stark uncertainty.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Nope I didn't know that Simms played that game. Thank you so much for helping me out there. Man you are awesome. The point was you said our second best game point wise came against the Chargers the first time we played them. I came back and said well we played our worst game of the season point wise was in the second game vs them. You flipped it to be about Simms starting that game and now it's come down to fans wouldn't think it was our worst game had Orton played the whole game. Like there is even away to prove that.

I admitted my mistake... it was late and I was AT the game... I'm not even breaking a a sweat off that.

No one is flipping sh1t - you chose a game where Simms ****ed up our first drive and Orton played injured... but that's no excuse either. Simms playing QB had nothing to do with our offense performing poorly. No one wants to talk about Knowshon fumbled in the endzone on the freak play (was it this game?).

No one wants to talk about how we were down 13-3 after our first score, and the defense sucked all momentum and energy out by allowing a touchdown on the next possession.

I mean you didn't possibly think all the Simms hate going on here for no reason right?

Oh and no wants talk about how all the members, Woody Paige, etc swore that Simms was the better QB. Nah, no one wants to talk about that.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Well folks talk is cheap and excuses and speculations make great forum discussions. The 2010 season will allow McD to experiment, add/subtract players and coaches. In 2010, McD will have another year to point fingers when things go bad or and hog the glory when things are going great.

McD has time to survive 3 or 6 win season in 2010 or be billed as the second coming if he wins 9-11 games.

The 2010 season boils down to this: It will be another season of wait and see, another season of rebuilding in McD's image, Another season of give McD time, or McD doesn't have all his players and coaches in place yet, and the players are continuing getting use to McD schemes and styles, etc.

I'd say lets not get overly excited about McD's 2010 season. It looks like another season of rebuilding, realignment, more player-HC Drama and finger pointing, more growing pain and uncertainy...and a boat load of excuses, spin and propaganda from the McD apologists starting in February 010 thru December 010.

In 2010, the NE Broncos will be 50% of the way complete and 50 years of Denver Bronco tradition will be that much more forgotten. Welcome to the Denver McBroncos fans; FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE. We live in interesting times and stark uncertainty.

Hey man, what can be worse than 1 playoff win in the last 10 years?

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I admitted my mistake... it was late and I was AT the game... I'm not even breaking a a sweat off that.

No one is flipping sh1t - you chose a game where Simms ****ed up our first drive and Orton played injured... but that's no excuse either. Simms playing QB had nothing to do with our offense performing poorly. No one wants to talk about Knowshon fumbled in the endzone on the freak play (was it this game?).

No one wants to talk about how we were down 13-3 after our first score, and the defense sucked all momentum and energy out by allowing a touchdown on the next possession.

I mean you didn't possibly think all the Simms hate going on here for no reason right?

Oh and no wants talk about how all the members, Woody Paige, etc swore that Simms was the better QB. Nah, no one wants to talk about that.

All the members? Woody Paige? I could care less about Simms this is about Nolan. McD signed Simms, McD thought he gave us the best chance at winning that game so you are right I don't want to talk about it.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Ah the good old if he doesn't want to be here why would we want him to be here argument. I haven't heard that since Cultergate. Like wanting to know why he left or how come he couldn't work with McD is a bad thing.

There is a difference between a player and a coach. Nolan had 2 years on his contract for fucc sake!

The MVPlaya
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
All the members? Woody Paige? I could care less about Simms this is about Nolan. McD signed Simms, McD thought he gave us the best chance at winning that game so you are right I don't want to talk about it.

Nice way to spin it when people were talking about Simms starting when Orton was healthy... and McD thought he gave us the best chance when Orton injured...

This is about Nolan, and his role could have been more limited than everyone thinks. There are more indicators of that than Nolan being this holy DC.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice way to spin it when people were talking about Simms starting when Orton was healthy... and McD thought he gave us the best chance when Orton injured...

This is about Nolan, and his role could have been more limited than everyone thinks. There are more indicators of that than Nolan being this holy DC.

Nice way to spin it? I don't care if people thought the Titanic wouldn't sink it did and Simms isn't better then Orton. I think that can just about put that part of this conversation to bed now can't it? I'm not the one that brought up Simms you did.

His role could have been more limited. That is fine lets go with that for a minute. If his role was limited wouldn't the fact that we finished 26th in rushing fall on the guy that had more to do with the role then Nolan? Wouldn't the late season collapse fall in that guys lap as well?

Punisher
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I miss the Throwback D on the helmet they might as well bring it back for one season, i also miss wining

watermock
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
ru his ho?

Dedhed
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I love the McDaniels gets all the blame for the offense, and none of the credit for the defense from the haters. I love that.

DBroncos4life
01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I love the McDaniels gets all the blame for the offense, and none of the credit for the defense from the haters. I love that.

Which part do you want him to get credit for the amazing start or the epic let down at the end of the year? I'm sure people would deflect blame on Mike McCoy for the O struggles but something makes me think he didn't have a huge role in the offensive game plan as McDaniels did.

Lots of posters around here were pumped about the staff McDaniels put together last year. I don't think a single poster said anything bad about Nolan. Turns out we just didn't do our home work like The MVPlaya did. Nolan was a good hire, Nunnley was a huge hire because we stole him away from the Chargers. The only thing I saw said bad about the D that McD brought in was there wasn't much talent on the front seven. Fields was OK but to think that he was brought in by anyone else but Nolan is nuts. Holliday was a very good pick up. The rest of the bunch played OK but nothing to write home about.

The turn around was great, but here we are during another off-season looking for yet again another DC which is something no one would have guessed by the looks of our season.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Nice way to spin it? I don't care if people thought the Titanic wouldn't sink it did and Simms isn't better then Orton. I think that can just about put that part of this conversation to bed now can't it? I'm not the one that brought up Simms you did.

His role could have been more limited. That is fine lets go with that for a minute. If his role was limited wouldn't the fact that we finished 26th in rushing fall on the guy that had more to do with the role then Nolan? Wouldn't the late season collapse fall in that guys lap as well?

IT DOES! Are you fuccing stupid? It falls on everyone's laps, however McDaniels is the most responsible. Is that pretty apparent especially at the orange mane???

Hilarious!

TheReverend
01-22-2010, 03:06 AM
MVPlaya... the last time I saw someone get a public beat down like this, it was on PPV...

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
MVPlaya... the last time I saw someone get a public beat down like this, it was on PPV...

in reference to who? who is getting the beat down? lol

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Which part do you want him to get credit for the amazing start or the epic let down at the end of the year? I'm sure people would deflect blame on Mike McCoy for the O struggles but something makes me think he didn't have a huge role in the offensive game plan as McDaniels did.

Lots of posters around here were pumped about the staff McDaniels put together last year. I don't think a single poster said anything bad about Nolan. Turns out we just didn't do our home work like The MVPlaya did. Nolan was a good hire, Nunnley was a huge hire because we stole him away from the Chargers. The only thing I saw said bad about the D that McD brought in was there wasn't much talent on the front seven. Fields was OK but to think that he was brought in by anyone else but Nolan is nuts. Holliday was a very good pick up. The rest of the bunch played OK but nothing to write home about.

The turn around was great, but here we are during another off-season looking for yet again another DC which is something no one would have guessed by the looks of our season.

Lol I'm willing bet that less than half this forum and about 30% of the Broncos fans knew Mike McCoy was our Coord. It's nice that you start referring to the other coaches after I made a statement about it.

TheReverend
01-22-2010, 03:55 AM
in reference to who? who is getting the beat down? lol

you... by everyone who's interacted with you...

watermock
01-22-2010, 04:32 AM
WTFre you even representing?

We suck dude. totally.

Go Vikes!

wtf are you even reprnting?

watermock
01-22-2010, 04:36 AM
http://pyleoflist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/favre.jpg

colonelbeef
01-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Guess what?

I'm glad that you have such an optimistic disposition, but where do you get that Nolan was a conservative DC before the Broncos? Isn't he known for being overly aggressive?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm glad that you have such an optimistic disposition, but where do you get that Nolan was a conservative DC before the Broncos? Isn't he known for being overly aggressive?

No. He blitzes a lot to counter running plays. But he's not "overly" aggressive. he runs a lot of big nickel. At least, that was his MO in San Fran.

bendog
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
he was conservative cause HE BLITZED TOO MUCH! Can't you people understand?

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Damn, I'm starting to see why coaches don't like to interact with anyone outside of football related people about anything related to X's and O's.

strafen
01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't think it's hate, a lot were facts. We are not going to win a SB until the defense improves and becomes dominant. Nolan didn't have the personnel to take it any further than he did this year but I was anticipating next year for once. I'm willing to see what happens but since defense has always been the most important aspect to me, this better work, or I may be joining the "negative" side. This isn't something that he needs "time" to achieve. We were on our way to achieving for once and now another upheaval. I don't want Shanny repeats. Except for guard, QB and WR McD's oversee of the defense needs to be his primary focus.My contention is that with Nolan our defense was vastly improved. He managed to do this by the strength of his system and philosophy.
He really didn't have much talent to start with, yet he made it work.
One more year, and this defense would have worked most of its kinks out.
Now, we're back to where we were at the beginning of last season without any clue of how good this defense will be, or if we will need another year to develop.
All the while our players getting one year older, getting closer to new contract signings, without knowing who we would lose to free agency and trying to establisg a system on offense as well that would take time to gel.
McDaniels instead of being one year ahead of the curve, he will start this year to climb up again...

Here we are listening to the McDaniels followers justifying Nolan's departure by undermining his achievements as a DC in the NFL.
Nolan is being kicked to the curve. Ridiculous for a lack of a better word.

gyldenlove
01-22-2010, 06:58 PM

Well it could be because he runs the offense and doesn't run the defense, but I am just spit balling here.

strafen
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Well it could be because he runs the offense and doesn't run the defense, but I am just spit balling here.:rofl:

The MVPlaya
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Well it could be because he runs the offense and doesn't run the defense, but I am just spit balling here.

Damn, you'd think through all the press conferences people would actually learn something? :unamused::notthissh

TheReverend
01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Damn, you'd think through all the press conferences people would actually learn something? :unamused::notthissh

I completely agree.

Original Post, by you:

Josh McDaniels end of season press conference: "Run blitzing is never a good formula"

:spit:

DBroncos4life
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I completely agree.

Original Post, by you:

Josh McDaniels end of season press conference: "Run blitzing is never a good formula"

TheReverend for the win. :notworthy flawless victory!

bendog
01-23-2010, 07:17 AM
six pages of stupidity. good stuff.

Boogerboots
01-23-2010, 03:32 PM
six pages of stupidity. good stuff.

I'm going for 7.

Let's bring Greg Robinson back. He got canned from Syracuse over a year ago. I'm sure he's kicking around somewhere.

uplink
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
funny how all i had to do is read the words "smarter than you" in the thread title and i knew this had something to do with a MHR article. Then when i open the thread i was right.

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm going for 7.

Let's bring Greg Robinson back. He got canned from Syracuse over a year ago. I'm sure he's kicking around somewhere.

Greg Robinson is the defensive coordinator for my Michigan Wolverines....and he still sucks.

I think he implemented Kansas City's vaunted '32 Defense' last year at Michigan.

cabronco
01-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm going for 7.

Oh the memories...Superbowl XXXII last minute of the game Packers with the ball trying to get down the field to score. Greg runs up to Shanahan , Mike Mike Im starting to shiat my pants, what should I run ?? Should we blitz...go prevent ? Huh Mike ?? Just do what you'd normally do ! Oh okay.
With the heat on Qb Favrer throws a pass- deflected by Mobley..game over Broncos S.B. Champs baby.

Ya I kind of miss Robinson, but he didnt have a whole lot of success since the S.B. days. When he went to KC just kind of ruined it for me.

colonelbeef
01-23-2010, 09:14 PM
No. He blitzes a lot to counter running plays. But he's not "overly" aggressive. he runs a lot of big nickel. At least, that was his MO in San Fran.

So blitzing on both run and pass plays, early and often, is now being passive.

Got it.

rastaman
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM

GOD McD....RUNS EVERYTHING! ;)

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
So blitzing on both run and pass plays, early and often, is now being passive.

Got it.

Only on 1st and 20.

TomServo
01-24-2010, 01:25 AM
all us McD detractors ask and ask again. what has he done do deserve such trust?
His personnel skills? his draft skills? his ability to deal with the press? his ability to sorround himself with topline coaches? Give us freaking a bone. what about mcD instills such confidence?

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 01:33 AM
all us McD detractors ask and ask again. what has he done do deserve such trust?
His personnel skills? his draft skills? his ability to deal with the press? his ability to sorround himself with topline coaches? Give us freaking a bone. what about mcD instills such confidence?

I think the red flag concerns are valid.

TomServo
01-24-2010, 01:36 AM
O wait let me guess. "he went 8-8"
after starting 6-0 going 8-8 means Crap.
that means we couldnt beat the raiders or the chiefs to get a playoff spot.

but YAY we went 8-8 "im optomistic"
being spotted the first 6 games and we Still break even and some fans are happy because "we werent supposed to be good in 2009 anyway" 6-0, 6-0, 6-0,
and we finished 8-8 including an embarrasong loss at home to the raiders and the patheic chiefs
yay coach Josh our saviour

TomServo
01-24-2010, 02:25 AM
"coach McDaniels will be a great NFL coach" is up there with "knowshon moreno will be a great NFL running back". we can hope and wish but it still wont happen.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:07 AM
"coach McDaniels will be a great NFL coach" is up there with "knowshon moreno will be a great NFL running back". we can hope and wish but it still wont happen.

So, Ms.Cleo/Captain tell the future, whose going to win the Super Bowl next year? I really want to know because betting odds is best when you bet early.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:08 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14256207

"Anything regarding 'I wouldn't let him do that, I wouldn't let him do this' is totally false," McDaniels said. "It was mutual. I think it's best for all of us. The defensive philosophy that we use, that's ours. That's not going anywhere. It's our second year in the system, and we'll continue to do better. I have a lot of respect for Mike, and I wish him well. But I think this is going to be the best thing for the Broncos and the best thing for Mike Nolan. I think everybody wins in this."

:rofl:

Broncos fans waiting for Broncos failure to be right... pathetic ass fans. You'd rather watch your team fail and shave years off your life to see it rather than to see success.

Yet, Shanny is about to win the Super Bowl next year, didn't you hear? Shanny is God and he can piss on the Bible and he'll still drink the holy water while he hands you gasoline to cleanse yourself before prayer... and you'll still be on your knees looking passed the fact that you smell like sh1t... ALL HAIL REDSKINS.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:12 AM

Yes - fans - can be this stupid. ^^^ :rofl:

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Yes - fans - can be this stupid. ^^^ :rofl:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88768

right right

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:14 AM
TheReverend for the win. :notworthy flawless victory!

Lol you guys get owned so hard by me that you need to start teaming up and making yourselves feel better by supporting others... you look like homos... really. :kiss:

It's one thing to agree, it's another thing to start cheer leading for a FORUM member. LOL

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:16 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88768

right right

Is there a reason why you linked me to this article?

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Is there a reason why you linked me to this article?

someone will clue you in.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:35 AM
someone will clue you in.

lol - I'll wait for it. Hilarious!

Looking stupid without knowing it, you and theRev.

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 04:43 AM
lol - I'll wait for it. Hilarious!

Looking stupid without knowing it, you and theRev.
What was reason number 1 on your list again?

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:59 AM
What was reason number 1 on your list again?

I think you realized the mistake you guys made and now you're trying to derail this because your flawless victory post was in reference to the Revs, and the Revs post has nothing to do with reason #1... it has to do with my previous post of press conferences. Stop playing stupid... admit it while you can. :spit:

Anyways - I've already discussed this in the post. I made the post AFTER reading many of these articles now and BEFORE the season of being an aggressive mind set dcord. However, I'd take it from the fans who actually watched the game and quotes from actual NFL owners (DAN SNYDER).

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=116621

Nolan will hopefully give the defense an identity, but he does have a reputation as being too conservative, as well. http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/146073.html

"I think Nolan is very intelligent," said Harry Mitchell, 44, of Modesto. "But his conservative ways will lead the 49ers into mediocrity.

"When Nolan was the defensive coordinator with the Washington Redskins, (owner) Daniel Snyder would get so upset with Nolan and his "vanilla" playcalling and schemes, after one practice, he left a gallon of Neapolitan sherbet on Nolan's desk and a note that said 'This is what I like. Not Vanilla.' Needless to say, Nolan soon left to the Jets. It seems his conservative ways ...flawless victory.ROFL!

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:10 AM
I think you realized the mistake you guys made and now you're trying to derail this because your flawless victory post was in reference to the Revs, and the Revs post has nothing to do with reason #1... it has to do with my previous post of press conferences. Stop playing stupid... admit it while you can. :spit:

Anyways - I've already discussed this in the post. I made the post AFTER reading many of these articles now and BEFORE the season of being an aggressive mind set dcord. However, I'd take it from the fans who actually watched the game and quotes from actual NFL owners (DAN SNYDER).

http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/146073.html

...flawless victory.ROFL!
Who doesn't think that fans on message boards are all knowing. **** man I'm sure there is someone trying to quote Mock as something being the truth. Good win though!!!!

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Hell man Pat Bowlen has a account here! Would you link his threads?

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Who doesn't think that fans on message boards are all knowing. **** man I'm sure there is someone trying to quote Mock as something being the truth. Good win though!!!!

Nah, the fans on the message board weren't exactly my main source, people I know of that follow the 49ers and intensely as any fan would for any team would be my main source(s).

Nice way to try to completely disregard the second quote... HA HA HA HA ...

Yeah, good win, I know. Thanks. Do you want to give my d1ick a big :kiss:?

My bad, your lips are for Rev only. :rofl:

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Hell man Pat Bowlen has a account here! Would you link his threads?

HA HA keep on trying buddy. You're desperate :rofl:

"last time I've seen a beat down like this was on PPV"

HA HA... LOL get on your knees to that quote, it's from your master.

I'm done, you're boring right now. Thanks for making me bring that out though - :rofl: Let me just repost that again.. it's hilarious because it's so relevant to today with all the new closet Redskins fans.

Nolan will hopefully give the defense an identity, but he does have a reputation as being too conservative, as well. http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/146073.html

"When Nolan was the defensive coordinator with the Washington Redskins, (owner) Daniel Snyder would get so upset with Nolan and his "vanilla" playcalling and schemes, after one practice, he left a gallon of Neapolitan sherbet on Nolan's desk and a note that said 'This is what I like. Not Vanilla.' Needless to say, Nolan soon left to the Jets. It seems his conservative ways have followed him here."

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Nah, the fans on the message board weren't exactly my main source, people I know of that follow the 49ers and intensely as any fan would for any team would be my main source(s).

Nice way to try to completely disregard the second quote... HA HA HA HA ...

Yeah, good win, I know. Thanks. Do you want to give my d1ick a big :kiss:?

My bad, your lips are for Rev only. :rofl:

Nice way to try and completely disregard the second quote? Who is he?

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:25 AM
The MVPlaya, my name is Harry Mitchell I'm 44 and I live in Modesto CA. I know that you read something that I said about Nolan on a 49ers board but I was just playing dog.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Nice way of not clicking on the link you stupid fucc. Try actually looking at my reference? It's there for a reason so yo don't make yourself look like an idiot.

You'd actually see it's an article, not a random forum post.

Damn, I can't believe how stupid some of you people are, I swear, LOL

That avatar goes right with you man, honestly, because that sh1t looks as stupid as you post.

I'm out man

FLAWLESS VICTORY...HA! HA!

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Nice way of not clicking on the link you stupid fucc. Try actually looking at my reference? It's there for a reason so yo don't make yourself look like an idiot.

You'd actually see it's an article, not a random forum post.

Damn, I can't believe how stupid some of you people are, I swear, LOL

That avatar goes right with you man, honestly, because that sh1t looks as stupid as you post.

I'm out man

FLAWLESS VICTORY...HA! HA!

Hell of a link dude they got about 5 peoples opinions from Modesto

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Justin Spiers, Billy Spiers, Blake Myers, Harry Mitchell, and Frank Velasquez. I hear they are the five best experts to all things regarding Mike Nolan. What is your opinion on that Playa?

DBroncos4life
01-24-2010, 06:17 AM
The first link has 4 posts in it that talks about us hiring Don Campers. I feel so bad now I didn't know I was arguing with a retard. I'm sorry The MVLPlaya you do good work and you should be proud :thumbsup:

TheReverend
01-24-2010, 10:56 AM
I can't believe a human being could possibly be this oblivious... people are using different quotes and facts to tear his stupidity apart... and he's using vague forum post quotes to support his wrong theory...

The MVPlaya
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I can't believe a human being could possibly be this oblivious... people are using different quotes and facts to tear his stupidity apart... and he's using vague forum post quotes to support his wrong theory...

Aw man I was waiting for you to reply. I think you're one of those people that are just stupid. Literally.

This is your original post...

I completely agree.

Original Post, by you:

What you DON'T realize because your brain is the size of a peanut - is that I had stated that EXACT same line in the original post, about 4-5 lines down depending on your screen size. << --- you fuccing idiot - :spit:

I've ALSO addressed int he original post that the 49ers forum search is NOT working. You will not find much talk from fans about Nolan being aggressive if you talk to any of them.

I'm starting to believe forum members here don't exactly read posts, but just 3 lines and then post... some people just are incapable of reading or doing anything intelligent.

Keep avoiding my whole posts and picking out what's good for you. LOL

TheReverend
01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Aw man I was waiting for you to reply. I think you're one of those people that are just stupid. Literally.

This is your original post...

What you DON'T realize because your brain is the size of a peanut - is that I had stated that EXACT same line in the original post, about 4-5 lines down depending on your screen size. << --- you fuccing idiot - :spit:

I've ALSO addressed int he original post that the 49ers forum search is NOT working. You will not find much talk from fans about Nolan being aggressive if you talk to any of them.

I'm starting to believe forum members here don't exactly read posts, but just 3 lines and then post... some people just are incapable of reading or doing anything intelligent.

Keep avoiding my whole posts and picking out what's good for you. LOL

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/facepalm.gif