PDA

View Full Version : Karlos Dansby anyone?

KevinJames
01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
How would you feel about adding him instead of drafting a guy like McClain who has a similar build, but Dansby is proven in a 3-4.

OBF1
01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Is he available and what is the "asking" price?

cutthemdown
01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Has he played in a 3-4? He's a nice player I like him a lot.

gyldenlove
01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
No, he is another DJ Williams, we don't need 2

azbroncfan
01-20-2010, 06:55 PM
No, he is another DJ Williams, we don't need 2

No way he is way better than DJ. He is actually a playmaker unlike DJ.

gtown
01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Dansby is awesome. He is the heart of the Arizona D and if they let him go, he would be an amazing pickup. He has been franchised the last two years and I bet he is a bit miffed by that. He makes plays against the run, in coverage, and rushing the QB - much more than Wrong Gap Willliams.

I think McClain will be good, but who knows. The draft is a crap shoot.

Ray Finkle
01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
McClain (if he last to Denver's pick) is the way to go. Save money on him and spend it working on the lines....

PRBronco
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Dansby is easily better than any of our linebackers (all round, I'm sure Doom's a better pass rusher). But the dudes are right, money is better spent on the lines.

Aftermath
01-20-2010, 08:36 PM
how in the hell is dansby another dj williams? are you dumb

OBF1
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
This sure turned into a Williams hater thread :)

gyldenlove
01-20-2010, 09:18 PM
how in the hell is dansby another dj williams? are you dumb

Well he is a natural 4-3 WLB who has been moved to ILB, he is very athletic, and while he puts up big numbers he is too often taken out of the play.

Popps
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Dansby is awesome. He is the heart of the Arizona D and if they let him go, he would be an amazing pickup. He has been franchised the last two years and I bet he is a bit miffed by that. He makes plays against the run, in coverage, and rushing the QB - much more thanWrong Gap Willliams.

I think McClain will be good, but who knows. The draft is a crap shoot.

:spit:

ZONA
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I've watched every Cards game Dansby has played in. Overall, he's solid but not spectacular. Early on he was a little bit of a dissapointment for the Cards and that's why they never game him a big contract. He doesn't do alot of the little things well but he shows up at big moments and makes big plays when his defense needs them. I know he's a 250 pound backer but he doesn't look it. He's not the most physcial of LB's and is much better in space then he is in traffic.

I've alway thought, when watching him, he doesn't do much for awhile and you say, man, where's Dansby at this game, and then it happens, he gets a forced fumble or makes a tackle for a loss and you go, oh there he is, it's about time. He plays extremely well in spurts, he looks like one of the best LB's in the league, but then he dissapears for awhile. He just lacks consistancy.

I would be all for bringing him in but you can't just give this guy the house. If he's looking for a bank busting type deal then I would pass. But I don't think the Cards are going to let him leave.

bpc
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Dansby has been a great NFL player for awhile now. We would be lucky if AZ decided to move on from him because his numbers were down a little bit this year in the sacks and TO's department.

He has experience playing in a 4-3, 3-4. AZ does a little of both which is great because that's what we've always wanted to do.

Mr.Meanie
01-21-2010, 06:48 AM
I would love Dansby, but he's going to be very expensive.

worm
01-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Could we please get Dockett instead?

ColoradoBuff
01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
does he play inside or outside in the 3-4? If he plays outside, wouldn't mind him replacing Haggan.

Rohirrim
01-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Take the money you would spend on Dansby and give it to Wilfork.

TheDave
01-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Sorry, but unless he plays Dline he's not a priority.

PRBronco
01-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Could we please get Dockett instead?

Dockett's a ****ing gamer. Jesus he's good.

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Take the money you would spend on Dansby and give it to Wilfork.

Yes, yes, and yes again.

Wilfork + McClain would be a great way to start shoring up the D IMO.

Ziggy
01-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Yes, yes, and yes again.

Wilfork + McClain would be a great way to start shoring up the D IMO.

True, but if you want Wilfork, you have to trade that McClain draft pick to the Pats after they franchise him.

Doggcow
01-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Dansby has been a great NFL player for awhile now. We would be lucky if AZ decided to move on from him because his numbers were down a little bit this year in the sacks and TO's department.

He has experience playing in a 4-3, 3-4. AZ does a little of both which is great because that's what we've always wanted to do.

What?

No McD or Broncos blast?

wtf is going on?

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
True, but if you want Wilfork, you have to trade that McClain draft pick to the Pats after they franchise him.

Nah, I'll give them the worse one we get for Marshall.

Doggcow
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Nah, I'll give them the worse one we get for Marshall.

I wouldn't trade a first for Vince, too much talent this year.

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't trade a first for Vince, too much talent this year.

Really?

Moreno
Ayers
A. Smith
Clady
Jarvis Moss

I would trade 4 out of our last 5 first rounders for Vince without hesitation. What are the odds that a first rounder this year is going to outperform one of the undisputed best 3 nose tackles in the league?

Garcia Bronco
01-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Really?

Moreno
Ayers
A. Smith
Clady
Jarvis Moss

I would trade 4 out of our last 5 first rounders for Vince without hesitation. What are the odds that a first rounder this year is going to outperform one of the undisputed best 3 nose tackles in the league?

sad thing is...we could have drafted Wilfork instead of Williams.

~Crash~
01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
This sure turned into a Williams hater thread :)

So how did you like that TD run of Bush's ...You know were DJ is stiff Armed into the stone ages and Bush rambles in for a TD ? Kind of one of the reasons we never made the playoffs.

Doggcow
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Really?

Moreno
Ayers
A. Smith
Clady
Jarvis Moss

I wouldn't.

Plus the pats ONLY **** other teams.

elpasojoe
01-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I would also like Docket more than Dansby, but don't trade the McClain pick. As a rookie he comes cheaper (for now) and we can concentrate then on both lines. We need help there and I don't think we can draft all that we need. That's why I like the possibility of Mankins leaving the Pats. Great fit here.